• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [Roleplay]

After explanations of the mission, what scene would you like to occur?

• Time skip straight to the day of the Blood Moon for plot progression

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A day during preparations where characters can have some time to interact with each other

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ansley Drewitt

"I'm good, thank you for the offer though." She said as she declined Dawn's offer of his baked treats, giving him a small smile and a slight wave of her hand before turning her attention to the last man to come to the room. Just the sight of Atrox chewing at the meat he had brought over had made Ansley feel slightly uncomfortable. She wasn't used to such boorish manners and it only worsened when he belched. It took everything in her not to show her disgust while slowly looking away from everyone.

She dipped her head slightly as to show remorse for not being able to be as swiftly as Hyacinth wanted. Still, she felt a rush of pride as their Boss mentioned that she is one of the most adept in the guild. It was rare for her to hear praise of anyway directed at her but it was only for a quick moment as she remembered what her job was. To kill creatures.

Once Hyancinth presented their files and the letter, she took a step closer to quickly read upon the letter that came from the Narcos Guild Leader. Ansley was well aware of the conditions the werewolves go during the blood moon, while training to become a slayer she had read books upon books of various creatures. She looked over to the map and noticed that it was also the route she uses when traveling back to and out of Krystadya.

She watched the letter burn into nothing, finding a fascination to the blue hues of their Guild Leader's flame. She knew that the woman can be ruthless and did not think lowly of her promise. When Hyacinth's eyes landed on her gold-colored eyes, she had an inkling what was to happen next. "Yes, Boss! We shall not disappoint!" And with that she gave a firm salute, she left along with the others now that their meeting has been concluded.

She looked over to the group that Hyancinth has assembled that she is supposed to lead. Ansley has heard good things from Leo Loxmont. His range would certainly be good to watch over her and the others as they fight at close range with the werewolves. She had been acquainted with the Paladin through a few missions that have happened before, she already knew that he would be a good asset to the group. And Atrox, although ill-mannered, he was known for his brute strength which will work well with fighting the creatures. She only hopes that everyone will get along and cooperate accordingly.

"Ansley Drewitt, I've known Dawn from previous missions but I do hope everyone of us will be able to work well and bring this mission to a success." She said to all three calmly. "We still have two days before the blood moon. I believe it would be best if we can talk strategy and gather all the necessary items that we'll need tomorrow. For now, get as much rest as we can and tomorrow we shall train and prepare."

She paused for a moment and placed her hands on her chin to think. "Perhaps it would be better to request and meet with the other guilds earlier than the intended time to strategize. What do you all think?"

Interaction: Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Sunsmiter Sunsmiter turtwigwins turtwigwins VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

1650723455133-png.978555
Dawnbreaker
"We should probably train a bit, although I wouldn't be averse to meeting more of the guilds." The paladin would probably be fine either way, most likely because he genuinely liked socializing. "I sorta know the others from around the guild, well more or less. This is going to be great!" Dawnbreaker was probably the only person that could casually condone genocide of werewolves while smiling, laughing and holding a plate of cookies. "What's your favorite flavors? I'll bring extra snacks for the fight."
The Slayer's light orbs seemed to circle faster for a few moments as he considered something. "Do any of you have experience with werewolves? I've fought them once or twice - never my favorite missions to be honest - and I've been brought on missions hunting them before, mainly because my light is helpful I suppose. They've beelined straight for me before, not sure why they did that to be honest, probably because my light either attracts them or because I was the sole target that, well, that had light."
Gee....what a mystery! Let's put it this way... why wouldn't they beeline straight for the brightly glowing paladin that may or may not have been put there as bait?

1650901137905.pngthe words before Pascal began to swim as his head bobbed slightly. His grip loosening on the quill, his other loosening on the knife in his pocket. Darkness was spinning through his eyes as his lids pushed closed. He felt far away, about to disappear until a voice right in his ear made him flinch, his knife leaving his hand in an instant and piecing the wall behind him where the voice should have been.

he heaved in and out of air, his disoriented mind processing what had just happened as it shoved away the grips of sleep. Shoving himself out of the chair he let out an annoyed sigh as he ripped his knife from the wall. He sent a hand up and ruffled his hair, glancing down at his messy work he had been working on until he began to drift off, a line of ink in the middle of his page.

papers, maps, pictures, ripped pages of books, and the like lay scattered around his home, or well the home of his late parents. He cursed to the open window he had to let in a draft, slamming it shut angrily for its annoying breeze. He again ran an angry hand through his hair, glancing up at the ceiling as he did so with his tired eyes.

it had been a few days since he last slept, three days he thinks. But that didn't matter as much at the potential new job. A wicked smile spread over his face at the mere thought getting his heart beating. Slipping into his usual clothing, he pocketed his knife, giving it a little twirl around his finger as he did so.

yawning he set downstairs, sliding down the railing and landing in the entrance way with a thud. The poor cleaning lady jumped a foot from her scrubbing of the floor. Grasping a fresh scar she had in fear, look at him uneasy. Pascal didn't give her any more attention before he exited, shutting the door with a bang behind him as he took off.

he entered his guild building and made his way up, yawning as he opened the door, shutting it behind him as he offered the guild leader a smirk, "what's up boss?" his face twinged in annoyance from the other faces he had seen before but couldn't care to recognize, he didn't enjoy team outings. He leaned carelessly against the wall, slipping out his knife as he began to play with it as he listened to the hopefully interesting job.
interactions| Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance AI10100 AI10100 animegirl20 animegirl20 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread |

Leo Loxmont

Interactions: : Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Sunsmiter Sunsmiter VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Leo was well aware of the blood moon. It was one of the events that showed the true nature of the beasts and proved that they would always be a threat to humanity. Even the so-called whisperers would have their own precious creatures turned towards them as they gave in to their base instincts. Going after a clustered group of the creatures would have some benefits, however, it also posed much more danger. Leo personally preferred picking creatures off one at a time after hours of tracking waiting for a nice and efficient kill. Extended fights were something that always worried him. Especially with having this big an operation, a clan was sure to gain word of the operation. It would make the fight a whole lot more complicated if human life was trying to get in the way of his shots.

Another annoyance was the cockiness of Hunters. Not being able to even specify the forest by name... what was the reason for these massive libraries if you never gave your slayers the chance to utilize them. It wasn't a matter to most slayers, but the lay of the land was what drove Leo's effectiveness. This geography was one that made Leo very wary. One that was with poor vision, and likely would force him into jumping up trees to find somewhere with enough current for his shots. He only prayed that the winds would favor him on the day of. A small flare could even be seen on his face as Hunters specified that she would answer no questions.

Drewitt as a commander was the one decision in Hunter's presentation that set right with him. Leo personally hated to work in teams like these, although it was still preferable then dealing with this threat alone.

He would wait until outside of the limits of Hunters before stating his thoughts. "I'll need my distance, and the terrain is far from ideal." He'd paused for a second continuing his line of reasoning "It might end up that I prove better as a feint to our real attack. My shots let out a boom that will reveal wherever I'm shooting from, it's part of generating the speed." Finally, he'd bring in his deference looking towards Ansley, "It's up to you for what you want my targets to be, I doubt that werewolves will be the only thing in the area. If its a big enough collaboration there's bound to be a leak, and with a leak.. whisperers." He'd end with a small scowl.

1650723455133-png.978555
Dawnbreaker"If it's the lighting you're worried about I can take care of that. You're right on the Whisperer part though, but if it helps your conscience the law won't execute you for eliminating a few Whisperers if the creature they're defending poses a large imminent threat." At this point I'm less concerned about why the paladin knows this stuff and more concerned about how he actually condones this stuff.
"Well, last time I checked it did. It can be ruled as manslaughter or even self-defense, but it gets messy real quick either way so...let's try to not get tangled up in all those gimmicks if we can." Dawnbreaker didn't appear to hold a specific grudge against Whisperers, but when it comes to mythical creatures it's time to take the goodie-paladin gloves off. And may hell claim anyone that gets in his way, Whisperers included. He had...certainly interesting ideals to live by. "I can serve as a lure for the werewolves, make them a bit easier to pick off for Leo. That's entirely up to Ansley though, I don't mind being put on defense or support." This statement was followed by a shrug that made his armor clank. Dawn would follow his orders either way.

Zabyne Dustsorrow
05609f9a8aa8f13338e6bd27d67a7cf8.jpg

Specks of light emblazoned the inky canvas above as misty clouds lazily billowed by. The nightly breeze coldly blew against the giant trees below, creating a symphony of rustling leaves harmonizing with the chirps and hoots of the moonlit critters. A lone silhouette emerged from the congregated shadows of the trees as a soaring bird cast its own onto the clearing below. The moon gleamed from its background, soaking the winged creature with soft moonlight before crimson splattered against its paleness. A glacial arrow embedded itself through the avian's torso, eliciting one last cry from the poor animal as it gradually lost its flight. Frost seemingly crept from the site of its wounds, spreading all across its body until it essentially crystallized the creature with ice as it fell from the sky.

The frozen feathered faun fractured into pieces as it collided with the solid ground, a few bits landing beside a pair of dark boots. The chilly breeze caressed paper pale skin as indigo locks danced with the draft. A pair of purple orbs fixated on the shattered pieces before darkly tinted lips curled into a knowing smirk.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Zabyne Dustsorrow, infamously unknown as CORVUS' Raven, crouched down to examine her most recent prey. "A pigeon active in the night? Why, it looks like our Whisperer friends are also getting busy around these parts." Had Zabyne been an average person trudging through the forest, she would merely shrug off the bird's odd activity and continue onto her merry way. Unfortunately for the creature and its owner, she happened to be a masterful spinner of information. She was familiar with the Clan leaders' habits; they loved sending flocks of birds instead of availing the service of a private courier. Stingy, the lots of them. At least it was relieving to know that they possessed one good trait.

It didn't take long before the ground shook below Zabyne's feet. A pair of dirt mounds formed on each of her sides, its abruptness evoking not a single reaction from the notorious mastermind. In sync, gigantic hands of sea-green emerged from the piles and held onto the side of the formed hole, something within seemingly pushing themselves up. Twin trolls eventually rose from the tunnels, causing another onslaught of tremors as they landed on both feet at Zabyne's sides. They both imposingly stood by her, both being at least thrice her size with armors made of stones and earth. Nonetheless, Zabyne remained unmoved as she picked up two bits of the fractured pigeon and handed one to each troll.

"FOOD!?"

"FOOD."

The trolls seemingly conversed with one another as they eyed the pieces while saliva dripped down their tusked mouths. The interaction infuriated Zabyne, causing her to pop a vein and have her right brow twitch. "You IMBECILES think of nothing but food!" She scolded, narrowing her eyes at their bashful faces. As if a response to her frustration, one of them decided to hit the other one on the head with its fist. "Stop it, you OAFS! I need you both to smell the damn bird and lead me to its owner. Pronto." She sternly commanded before the other twin could retaliate.

Thankfully, the intellectually-challenged creatures understood her words and heeded them. They took deep sniffs on their leads, their keen senses pinpointing the direction of its trail. With a monstrous giggle, one of the twins pointed to the west before taking a step closer to their master and lowering itself into a bow. The other twin immediately followed suit. A pleased smile replaced Zabyne's frown as she gave the beings a few pats each. "Good boys." She cooed much to their delight.

"It looks like we'll have to take a small break from preparing the site for the Blood Moon. A few of our guests seemed to have arrived tragically early."
Zabyne turned on her heels and ventured in the pointed direction, putting on her robe's hood and concealing her face with a mask of clay. "Guard this site and don't let anything touch the vicinity. At least, not yet." A devious smirk lingered on her lips as she disappeared into the darkness of the forest. The trolls excitedly giggled before rushing to the pigeon's remains and chowing down what little pieces they could take. From behind them, several spots on the clearing released a magical and wintry glow before dissipating.

Zabyne arrived at the designated location just in time for the Clan Leaders to dismiss the gathering. While it was unfortunate, the masked woman was nothing but persevering when it came to sticking her nose into other people's businesses. Besides, she already had an inkling of what the little committee was about, and she believed that it would be of great concern to her. They'd either be a colossal obstacle to her plans or a blessing in disguise. It would all depend on how smartly she'd play this before the curtain rises. The mere thought was enough to fill her with anticipation, urging her to step out of the forest's shadows and expose her disguised form to the small crowd.

"It looks like I'm extremely late. My humblest apologies, Clan Leaders." Zabyne spoke before bowing her head respectfully, her voice somewhat muffled and altered by her mask. She allowed her gaze to shift from person to person before an amused smile settled on her lips. It looked like she was in the presence of quite the merry band of Whisperers. Not only were the Clan Leaders here, but what few members were present possessed fascinating bonded creatures. The cyclops' master caught her attention the most. Zabyne felt like she had seen her somewhere before, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She had to be careful, though. The majority of the people she was familiar with wanted her dead.

However, what thought she had immediately vaporized the moment her eyes caught sight of a black pearl in one of the Whisperer's possession. She could practically feel the bags of coins that the pearl would yield to her if she managed to get her hands on it. Alas, the stranger seemed to be keen on donating the pricy item to a mermaid. Zabyne could never understand altruism, but she supposed the pearl made the mermaid's worth higher. Perhaps she could luck out and procure the both of them during the Blood Moon. In fact, why stop with both of them? It would be fantastic if CORVUS could snatch up the pearl, the mermaid, the leviathan, the cyclops, the sylph, the griffin, and everything! She would get so much money! MONEY!

"I received the message and came as soon as possible." Zabyne continued after a slight delay thanks to her internal counseling. "I am at your service, Clan Leader Hana."

Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Juju Juju Circe Circe SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles

Kain was very tired. He frankly could not remember a point in time where he hadn't been feeling this familiar pressure on his head, his muscles aching and his eyes feeling so impossibly dry it was like they were full of sand. But today had been even worse. He had taken a risk yesterday, a new concoction that would supposedly improve someone's ability to channel magic. A calculated risk, to be sure, but even those did tend to go belly-up, sometimes. A normal man would've been dead in less than a minute, but even with the good doctor's mithridatism, some things were far too vile for the human body to endure. Several productive hours were lost as he heaved and spasmed in agony, and another one in lethargy as he took another concoction to purge his body of the toxin's remnants. So that led to a night with completely no sleep, as he had to then play catch-up, accounting for lost time.

It had not been a complete waste, of course-he had learned many useful insights from the symptoms of the concoction, which he had painstakingly written down even as his body was wracked with agony. It would help in the long run.

"But here, in the short term, you can barely keep your eyes open, moron. I swear, how many times must you fail before you finally give up on trying to alter something so fundamental?"

Aiden's judgmental voice was also ever-present. Nothing quite added to the agony of a miscalculation quite like a immaterial wraith stuck in your head.
"Worry not, Aiden. The hunt will proceed as normal. You'll get your due. We are still perfectly on schedule."

His brother did naught but growl, like a wardog whose patience was running out and it's notstrils had already picked up the scent of prey. Kain frankly would not have taken this contract had it not been for his brother. He still had a Selkie bound in the basement, and while the death of it's whisperer during acquisition was unfortunate, his body was still well-preserved for dissection. But Aiden was getting impatient, frustrated with the slow pace of the research. In truth, Kain could not blame him. He assumed his unnatural psyche was part of the consequences of his transformation into this bizzare form.

Alas, the hows and whys were but unimportant details currently. What did matter was the hunt before them. Pulling back his sleeve, he drew a syringe filled with a white, translucent liquid. Much to his chagrin he failed to find a spot on it that did not already have marks on it. Blast it all! He once again felt some small pang of annoyance at the inability of his magic to heal his wounds. Even with all the tonics and ointments, the process was too slow for him. He swapped hands, instead drawing back his dominant hand's sleeve. Still nothing. Blasted be this slow healing! Mumbling incoherently under his breath, he drew back his hood, exposing his neck. There, that would do for now. The needle pricked him, and suddenly, he was awake. He felt the exhaustion completely evaporate, his eyes watering as his heart sped up. That was more like it! Feeling a bit more combat-ready now, he stepped out of the shadows where he had been lurking, causing a few passerby to scream in terror as to them, it seemed like he spawned from the very wall.

Moving to the guildhouse was relatively easy if you knew of it's location. Upon entering, he ignored the abundance of odd looks from many of the guild members, instead headed straight for the office of his superior. Much to his delight, he saw at least one familiar face there. He tipped his hat in greeting as he spoke.

"Ladies, gentlemen, greetings! I am pleased to see you all again! I trust you have been alright? No illnesses, or injuries? If it is not so, I would be more than pleased to assit you!"

Moving closer to Quintus, he shot out an arm, offering a handshake. "Your presence here is most reassuring, Quintus. Surely, with a man of your talents on this mission, our odds of success are substantial."

These pleasantries over with, he turned to the leader of the guild, eagerly awaiting to hear his briefing in regards to the mission.

Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance AI10100 AI10100 animegirl20 animegirl20 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread seasonedcat seasonedcat

Jin Hitoshi
Nereus’ emerald irises flitted down at the orb-shaped void, a shiny onyx in the pale moonlight. Slithering closer to close the distance between the whisperer of water and herself, lips curving into a smile, as she gazed at the pearl in all its glory.

It was an underwater beauty worth possessing, she could tell, as waves of elation crashed into Jin, like raging waves on a shore; she knew she couldn’t refuse.

Smiling, waves of midnight black and crimson tangled in the wind. Dying her strands in highlights of blood-red had been quite arrogant on her part. Let the enemy catch glimpse of her, she said. Jin would soon be near enough to strike with kunai dripping in jellyfish toxin with a mystical sear to the touch. The woman clad in leather nodded at her companion, who then leaned forward and allowed for the black pearl to be gently placed in her webbed hands, a pallid grey. The mermaid seemed to preen with glee into the void, an action that would be beyond the understanding of most Whisperers not of water. Jin knew a great deal about oceanic creatures, mythical and mundane. Alas, she was only the green age of nineteen and there were some things she still did not know about the mysterious tentacled maiden of the sea.

"You're too kind, Nimi," Jin said, with a breath of gratitude, glancing at the piscine in mild astonishment before a genuine smile spread across her lips, a serene thing. "Mmm... definitely in Nereus' favor." These were the closest words to the empathetic chill that crept up her spine and clutched her by the heart. One of the most marvelous attributes belonging to mermaids was the tremendous intellect they possessed, allowing deep empathic communication—sometimes words would seep through, with the emotion—and Jin could understand Nereus as if she were speaking the common tongue.

Just then, her head snapped toward an approaching fiery figure, who bowed respectfully at the clan leaders and gave her a greeting.

She blew a wavy strand away from her face, as it continued to tangle in the wind. "Jin Hitoshi," she introduced, fighting the urge to bow to the two other whisperers before her, which whom she may or may not have been unfamiliar. She couldn't recall this information at the moment, and the thought of doing so proved bothersome. So, the younger woman settled on unfamiliarity. "But you may refer to me as Siren in battle, I've found it has a certain ring to it. It gives me a kinship with Nereus and her kind."

At the mentioning the child of water had about the troubling sea affairs, a dark cloud of an expression fell on Jin's features, as she thought about the rising mermaid trafficking; for purposes of pleasure. Repulsive! That's what it was. Jin wanted to see that there was an end to it. The dark thoughts had taken her, and she missed a heartwarming interaction between her own clan leader and the mythicals gathered in bonding. When Clan Leader Hana started to speak, she was brought out of her thoughts.

Listening intently, Jin controlled the movement of her eyeballs with all her might. She couldn't help but let out a sharp tsk. It would never be a bothersome task to protect mythicals, particularly mythicals who were vulnerable to vicious attacks from slayers at any given moment in time. The moon would be upon them soon enough, hanging in the sky, bloody as the strands hanging from her scalp and the werewolves would be going through a metamorphosis. This was a fact Jin knew all too well, as she shared an affinity for dark mythicals, as well as oceanic.

A sharp amber gaze, wolfish and golden in the night, flickered to the shadows and the woman emerging from them.

Kavi Quatrain

Time: March 3, 7:00 – 7:12 PM
Mentions: Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Sunsmiter Sunsmiter VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator turtwigwins turtwigwins

Raucous slayers consorted with their fellows among a spread of plain wooden tables as hints of mead and beer intermingled with the overpowering scents of savoury dinner dishes. A lone reporter slouching at a table felt their stomach rumble, and the man looked down, patting it as if it was a pet to be mollified. He had already taken a meal, but it seemed as if his belly wasn’t satisfied with the hunk of bread and hard cheese he had filled it with—not a surprise, but he really hadn’t brought enough on the trip to splurge on sustenance. It would have to make do, as it usually did.

It would be alleviated when he discovered the information he needed. Sometimes, he wished he could subsist solely on gossip, but then he would inhale Lumont’s version of hot cocoa and suddenly feel the current state of affairs was actually quite acceptable. The man loved stories, but nothing could beat a mug of the nectar of the gods on the first day of winter. Snow or no snow.

He was startled out of his musings by a loud declaration of his—and everybody else in the dining hall’s—buffoonery. The reporter felt both mildly insulted and mildly amused. He hadn’t even actively acted upon what most people considered buffoonery and already he was being framed. Tweaking his fake moustache—it was a bit rough since he had to make it on the road with a scrap of horse hair—he eyed the infamous leader of Ethrel Souls standing by the parapet.

The fiery woman soon rattled off a list of semi-familiar names, one of them whom he had even interviewed before. He wondered how outraged the dour Ms. Drewitt had been after reading his insensitive, slightly controversial article. The tendentious reporter flipped the pen in his hand to another pensively then relaxed and shrugged. He hadn’t lied, simply worded things stronger than his participant may have liked.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed an unmistakable chivalrous visage holding a plate of cookies—though it was less of a “noticed” and more of a “who is lighting my eyeballs from the back of my head”. Luminax Dawnbreaker was an eccentric man who often gifted him edibles and baubles whenever he was around. Kavi was delighted to know someone who appreciated his interviews, and never let it be said that he didn’t enjoy a present, but he somehow hadn’t yet managed to interview the slayer himself. One day, he nodded to himself.

The other two he had heard of, what with the pit-fighter-turned-slayer and the man with a unique sobriquet of… “black air”? The reporter debated internally whether the title came from the “black sheep” idiom or the black bear prominently displayed on the Loxmont coat of arms, and finally decided that it must have been “black sheep”. It was just too obvious not to be.

Pulling out a pocketbook, he quickly scribbled down the monikers that had been recited. While it was wholly possible that they were called to Hyacinth Hunters’ office for some other reason, it was but two days until the blood moon manifested, so he had his doubts.

Slinking out of the guild hall with his sombrero pushed close to his head, he skidded around to the side of the building and looked up. And sighed. Nothing for it, he had to climb. At least it was only the second floor and not say, the sixth, like that one cheating couple.

✒​

Grunting, he pulled himself up under the overhanging ledge that led to the window proper. The grappling hook had fortunately snagged itself on the side, so it wasn’t immediately noticeable to the occupants of the office. Alas, along the way, his moustache had fluttered to the ground. In honour of its sacrifice, Kavi had solemnly saluted its departure. It was a sad moment, but one that would not be in vain.

He soon perked up for the dialogue he was hearing in the office. Balancing precariously, with a foot in a loop of hempen rope and the other on weather-worn stone, he posed to scratch key details into his notebook.

• meet day of blood moon at edge of forest, before dusk
  • unit leader: Ansley Dewitt, detailed report when over

Grimacing, he shook his arm. It had been less than a minute and already his limbs ached with the use. Once he heard the harsh dismissal from the guild leader, he immediately shoved his writing utensils in his pockets and yanked the knot on the loop loose. Gripping the ledge, he pulled the grappling hook off the stone slab and dropped to the ground, rolling to redirect the force.

Glancing at the open windows, he blew it a cheerful kiss and hightailed it out of there.

Last edited:
NARCOS
NPC: Naveen DeLorenzo
Time: March 3, 7:35 PM

Mentions: Athanas Athanas AI10100 AI10100 seasonedcat seasonedcat Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread animegirl20 animegirl20

Casually leaning against his desk with his hands in his pockets, the towering leader gave a coy smile to his recruits as they entered his quarters. "Welcome everyone, don't mind the lingering smell in the room. You know how I am," he said dismissively as he kicked his cigar away, referring to the stinging odor of smoke that persisted in the air.

"I'm glad that you all made the time to answer my call, it's not an everyday occurrence where I call you into my presence. Though I suppose, naturally, you also have no choice, given the circumstances." With a cold chuckle, Naveen finally cleared his throat and circled around to take a seat. The flickering of the candle on the tabletop gave him an ominous overcasting shadow. The Narcos leader pulled out their profiles that he had personally kept from earlier as well as a map and then leaned forward, intertwining his hands together before using them as a place to rest his chin. "As primarily dark or light magic users, or users who have experience with dark or light-based creatures, I'm assuming that you're all aware of the blood moon. There will be one appearing in two days on March 5, and if for some forsaken reason you do not know why it's so significant, the blood moon is an affluent element for dark creatures."

He took out his blue pen and then grabbed the map, hastily circling the forest that served as the midway point between the kingdoms of Drakengardh and Krystadya. "At this location, there has been a pack of wolves gathering due to their animalistic instincts. On the night of March 5, they will undergo a change that is drastically different than their full moon selves. This change is very different. Under the influence of the blood moon, the werewolves become larger, ferocious creatures who are only led in their minds by their carnivorous hunger. Not only will they lose their minds to their murderous desires, but they will also have an extreme increase in strength that can be dangerous if left alone."

Using his pointer finger, he slowly traced along the map to illustrate the trade routes that connected the three points. "If we don't intervene, then the werewolves will be a hindrance to the trade routes that connect our product distribution to the large kingdoms. Merchants and other traders will be killed, and eventually, it'll become too dangerous to use the trade routes. Our profits will be drastically affected, and seeing as how money is a large factor in upholding our guild it is simply something that we cannot ignore."

Despite the urgency of the situation, Naveen's demeanor seemed unworried. In fact, it looked as if he had already assumed that everything would be taken care of as a nonchalant smile crept upon his face. "I have already reached out to the other two guilds, Luminesque and Ethrel Soul, to request a collaborative effort to kill the creatures. Although I haven't heard from them, I'm certain that they'll pull through. I told them that we will meet on the outskirts of that forest before dusk, so just make sure to keep that in mind while you're readying your preparations."

Surveying the recruits with his ruby-colored wandering eyes, he landed his gaze upon Quintus and sat up. "You, my good man, will be in charge of this unit in my stead since I will not be accompanying you all during the mission. With your perfect record, I assume that something like this shouldn't be too difficult. You are all capable of holding my respect after all, or else why would I even bother in asking for your presence?" Waving away the fleeting question, Naveen cleared his throat before getting up to go stand in front of the window, his eyes gazing out at the ocean in the distance that would connect them to the mainland with his back facing them. "If you're worried about transportation, well...don't. I will assure you that you will make it there in time within the two days we have. A fellow member, Dalton if you recall, will be using his light technique to transport you to the edge of Krystadya on the morning of March 5 and from there it should take you no longer than about half a day to reach the forest in time. You will probably arrive there in the late afternoon."

Turning his head to peek at the members over his shoulder, Naveen's smile turned into a mischievous smirk. "If you're sensitive to light portals I recommend you get some antibiotics or something to calm your mind, though I'm sure you will all be in good hands regardless, isn't that right Doctor?" Laughing to himself at his own joke, the guild leader sighed and crossed his arms. "Well, that's enough for the night. Save your questions for later, I have matters to attend to right now. Maybe you can familiarize yourselves with a fun ice breaker game or something to build up that teamwork. Quintus, make sure to give me a detailed report later after the events. As for all of you, I shouldn't have to remind you of this but please make sure that you don't disappoint me. God knows the consequences if you do. Now get out, shoo!"

Last edited:
SONOROS USYNTHOSAERIS
NPC: Lillian Hunters, Nevaeh Okoyeh, Hana Jeongyu
Location: Forest clearing near the outskirts of the Kingdom of Krystadya
Time: March 3, 8:00 PM
Mentions: . D O V E . D O V E

After the clan leaders had concluded the meeting, the three were still lingering around together while their subordinates were off doing whatever they pleased for the rest of the night. They were simply participating in idle chatter until a mysterious person suddenly entered the clearing, causing all three heads to turn at the newcomer.

Hana was slightly taken aback at the person's appearance, but nonetheless, she offered a gracious smile before turning to her peers. "You two go set up camp and get your rest, I'll explain to them what's going on." She returned her attention back to the person and looked her up and down. Based on the newcomer's build, Hana could only guess that she was a woman. It wasn't the strangest get-up that she's seen, but Hana couldn't exactly recall who she was either. "My apologies, you must be new. I'm afraid that I don't even know your name yet," Hana said ruefully as she sat herself down on one of the large protruding tree roots.

Basked underneath the moonlight, Hana pulled out the letter and showed it to her. "While I thank you for taking the time to come here, I'm afraid I'll just have to give you a brief telling of our meeting since you were late. To summarize it all, I intercepted a letter that was addressed to Luminesque from Narcos. There will be a blood moon night in two days, and on that night the three guilds plan to convene together in order to kill off the werewolves who will be affected by the moon's light. I'm sure as a whisperer you understand what the werewolves will go under, so I'll spare you the details on those. In two days we will be arriving at the destination where the werewolves are, which is the forest between Krystadya and Drakengardh, and we will be in charge of protecting the wolves from the slayers' planned attacks. It is urgent that we arrive there before they do, so we will most likely reach the forest by early dawn and set up any traps or other necessary defenses."

Whether Hana was overwhelmed or simply exhausted, it seemed to fly over her head that she missed one of the obvious signs of a whisperer: their bird would always come back. Nevaeh, on the other hand, seemed to look towards their direction although, in reality, she was actually tracing the vibrations underneath the earth's surface that lead towards the newcomer's position. Something was off, Nevaeh felt for sure. It wasn't just the person's singular vibrations she was feeling, there were also faint rumblings that she observed but they were too far for her to completely make out.

"Something wrong?" Lillian asked, noticing Nevaeh's observing behavior while she was pinning the tent down. Nevaeh curled her toes, feeling the soft moss underneath her bare feet before she shook her head and simply frowned. "Not in particular...I think I'm just tired. Could be lack of sleep fogging my mind, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow. Sorry about that." Lillian simply smiled at her friend as she finished up the tent. "Okay...well, good news at least the tent is up! Make sure to bend down, the entrance is quite low."

Nevaeh smiled before following through with what Lillian said. As the Sonoros leader followed after her, Nevaeh let out a soft sigh before laying down on the cushy mossed floor, resting her head atop a spare pillow that Lillian had provided. The vibrations of the newcomers still bothered her, but she assumed that it was only because she had gone through so much in a single day that her senses were probably overstimulated. With a lasting exhale, Nevaeh closed her eyes and the two leaders fell asleep for the rest of the night.

Last edited:

Arquen "Quintus" Volidvus
Current Persona: Arquen
Interacting with: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Athanas Athanas seasonedcat seasonedcat animegirl20 animegirl20

Others trickled in soon after and he gave them a wave and a smile, even the little one who he had barely seen around the guild. Even among his guildmates, Angler felt more like an urban legend than anything. Still, Arquen didn't judge. Separating work life and personal life was important, in his opinion, and if he wanted to keep himself anonymous then so be it. The last one to come in was Doctor Kain himself. He shook his head, giving him a wider smile. "And your aid will surely be a boon to our side. Provided it doesn't kill us after." He joked with a wave of his other hand.

It was then that the guild leader had begun to speak and Arquen quieted down as he released Kain's hand and turned to him. And what a coincidence! It would seem that even the guild was worried about the upcoming Blood Moon— specifically, the werewolves as well. The information that was being fed to him was almost the same information that he had received in his letter from CORVUS. This made fulfilling both contracts far easier. The location of where the werewolves had decided to group up had been worrying. As the guild leader said, the trade routes would take a hit and it might lead to it being closed down... which is bad. Overall.

He was more than glad to make sure that doesn't happen. By any means necessary.

The aid of the Luminesque guild and the Ethrel Soul guild was also, likely, going to help. It would certainly make it easier. If they could stirke just as the werewolves were transforming when they were at their weakest, then it would be one of the easiest contracts they would ever get. Provided, of course, they were completely defenseless. But who would be foolish enough to protect Blood Moon werewolves? That was a suicide mission waiting to happen. Those same werewolves would turn against them as soon as they transform.

As the thoughts swirled within Arquen's mind, Naveen's eyes landed on him and appointed him as the leader of the group. Oh. He hadn't expected that. Arquen frequently worked by his lonesome but, well, he wasn't going to turn it down. "I'll see to it that the mission is a success, sir." Either way, the only reason he had a perfect record was that he never took contracts that were beyond his skill level. However, this still should be within his capabilities. Preferably, they just needed to act before or during their transformation. If not, well, he was sure that the other Slayers could hold their own in a fight even against stronger werewolves.

Arquen was glad that they wouldn't need to worry about transportation. He had been planning on paying Dalton to send him over to the meeting place with CORVUS but it would seem like he didn't need to now. Oh, how the stars aligned for him.

Once they were shooed off by their guild leader from his office, he let out a chuckle. "Nothing like an operation during the Blood Moon. It always rakes in the best kind of money." Arquen pointed out as he turned to his groupmates, eyeing them. The only one he had been well acquainted with when it came to fighting styles was Ignette due to their numerous times of working together. The others he was less sure of. In terms of capabilities, he was sure that they would all deliver anyway. The only worry he has was Diana. He had heard that she sometimes dropped contracts because she couldn't kill a creature. It would be a bloodbath out there. He wouldn't be held accountable if she became grievously wounded because she hesitated. Or, well, he shouldn't be but if he was leading this operation, then he would take on part of the blame.

"It's too late for discussing plans and getting to know each other. Get some good night's rest, everyone, and we should reconvene here at dawn. I have a few plans I want to share with you all. And if everything goes accordingly, we'll be in and out before anyone even notices we're there." A bit of an exaggeration but with the Ethrel Souls folks coming along, he was sure that they would attract the majority of the attention. Maybe it would be underhanded of him to make them the distraction but he never played fair in the first place. "In any case, I'll take my leave for now. I have a few things I need to settle." He gave them a wave and made his way out of the guild.

This might be his most enjoyable mission yet.

1651248170439.pngas Pascal flipped his knife around in his hand he offered the rest of his focus to the words of the guild leader. At the mention of the job Pascal's face twisted into an excited grin, gripping his knife tightly. If they were lucky they could have a fun night of slaughter.

as the leader was named Pascal frowned, not because he wanted to be the leader himself, but rather because it reminded him that he wouldn't be working on his own here. That was not his forte. As the briefing ended, Pascal sighed and left the room quickly due to him having been one of the last ones here, pocketing his knife as he did so.

he didn't know who the rest of his teammates were, let alone their names, but he couldn't care less about it as he yawned through the 'leader's' words, leaving before the other even finished it. He might be the appointed leader, but Pascal would not follow him.

once again Pascal found himself at his 'home, scaring the same servant with the door this time as she let out a squeak. Pascal ran himself upstairs and locked himself into his messy room, the only place the servants were not allowed in. He kicked off his clothing and dressed in a simple loose shirt that reached his knees. He then placed himself on his bed with a huff, grabbing blindly over the side until his hand met a cool sensation.

lifting a simple cracked seashell up he curled into it, holding it to his chest as he let his eyes drift closed as his body didn't hesitate to drift in due to his lack of sleep,

"hey pascal! Look at this seashell I found!"

"woah! It looks so cool where did you find it?"

"That's my little secret, otherwise you'd steal them all! This is a gift for mom so you can't have it!"

"okay okay, I am sure she will love it and our new little friend ꌚꀗꁲꄞꌅꁲ꒒ ." the two of them giggled until the little girl trailed off. "what's wrong ꋊꂑꂵꂑꈼ꒒?"

"I can't fit it in the bag..." she said sadly,

"here I will hold on to it in one of my pockets until you can give it to mom!" the girl looked at him happily as the two of them made their way back home together.

mentions AI10100 AI10100 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Athanas Athanas animegirl20 animegirl20

Ah, yes. Blood moon. She heard about it all over the merchant guild, though the higher up told everyone to keep their mouth shut about this to prevent market panic. She figured they would soon post a quest about it but she didn't expect the guild leader himself to assign the job to chosen people instead, or the fact that they would work alongside the other two guilds. Does this mean there's several big requester pooling their reward money into one? Ohh, that would be great. Her sister would give birth to her first child soon so Ignette wanted to send some toys and clothes for her sister.

Ignette gave Naveen a confident salute before leaving the room with everyone else. She's excited now! No way she would be able to sleep with a project this big ahead. Arquen gave them a short briefing before dismissing them all for the night.

"Rest well, everyone! I will bring cards for tomorrow!" Ignette gave everyone a wave as she bolted towards the exit. Srategies started to form in her head as she consider about their target, the terrain and the allies they would have. She still would do Arquen's plans of course, but she had a few of her own. Upon arriving home, Ignette locked herself in her workshop for the entire night.

AI10100 AI10100 seasonedcat seasonedcat Athanas Athanas animegirl20 animegirl20

Brimstone and Battle

DE11B09C-3483-4D86-8DAC-ED6E0823B72B.jpeg

Atrox during his lecture from hunters couldn't help but smile at her fiery nature, it was the cutest to him. As they were shoved into the hallway to discuss tactics, he did accept the cookie if only because he was hungry. Atrox cracked his knuckles and boasted, "Honestly, I could care less about any whisperers that get in my way. I'll bash their brains like any monster but werewolves-" the air surrounding the group suddenly increased in temperature as if someone just turned on an oven, "The chance to brawl with the blood-moon bastards..that sounds like a good time" the more excited Atrox became the naturally hotter the area around him a side effect of his malicious magma magic. He looked specifically at Ansley, "Do whatever you want I could care less, just point me in the direction of whatever needs to be bashed and It'll get done" he said with little care.

In truth Atrox could've attempted synergizing or coming up with some kind of battle tactic, he wasn't a dumb brute after all. However the longer he stood around Ansley the more he disliked her, seemed a bit stuck up for his taste's. In the field of battle when claw and blade clashed, that was when he would make his mark.

1650723455133-png.978555
Dawnbreaker"Noted. I'll...bring extra healing potions. Just don't get yourself killed, that sound good?" Dawnbreaker either didn't notice the temperature rising, or he was too busy mentally writing down a shopping list for cookies to care. "Good news Atrox! You won't be charged with homicide if you bash a few Whisperers, and even if you do the law won't prosecute you. And since mythical creatures don't really hold any legal weight, wrestle as many as you want."
Dawn's floating suns flared brightly for a moment before fizzling to trail sparkling fireworks against his chainmail. Now that he's thinking of it, House Messor would appreciate a few more werewolf cloaks to decorate the main hall...
"By the way Ansley, is there anything I should prepare for the expedition?" Is this a paladin way of asking what type of cookies you want or....?

Last edited:
Veronica Malleys

9db5c1ead3a5dc29633c414f9c3ebbf7.jpg

Forest clearing near the outskirts of Krystadya -> Krystadya
Time
March 3, Late Evening
Mentions
Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Juju Juju Circe Circe SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles . D O V E . D O V E
It was funny to think about how the slayers sought to exterminate the threats that they created by their own hands. But, to be battling on such a large-scale, only being able to prepare a day or two beforehand, this was certainly no laughing matter. For so few of them to be fighting against members from all three guilds, with their numbers being a factor we know nothing about... hah, if this wasn't a clan summoning, Veronica would never take a fight with odds like this.

Her heart momentarily stopped once she realized her dear long-time friend would be heading out with her on a combat mission of all things, though a small thread of relief eased her heart hearing that she would be located the farthest back, where it would be safest. "Nimiel, you should keep Skafral with you. Batha will stay with me, so that I can keep an eye on her." Veronica advised solemnly, her eyes flickering towards the powerful aquatic beast. Though she would obviously rush back if she heard word of an attack from behind, it was likely that the slayers she faced would not let her go so easily. She couldn't help but sigh as she continued thinking about their mission.

Even to the uninformed, it would seem obvious that their odds of success were not high. Whisperers could rarely compare with slayers, those that had trained all their lives and literally fought for a living. The only thing that evened the scale was that whisperers were often accompanied by beasts... though, in all honesty, they were the same beasts that slayers had trained to fight all their lives. For the three whisperer clans and the three slayer guilds to go head to head, the outcome seemed obvious. Not to mention the fact that this was a protection mission of all things. Veronica had always been of the opinion that defending something was always much harder than attacking something. Something she had learnt the hard way over the years.

With that conclusion firm in mind, though she would not avoid the summons of the clan, Veronica sought to confirm the safety of those she cherished most in this mission, namely Nimiel, Skafral and Batha. After all, those werewolves were not ones she particularly cared for. She was no saint, though it seemed quite a few of her fellow whisperers were. She liked to think she did not have an unrealistic mindset, such as trying to 'protect all mythical beasts'. She would just prioritize those she cared for, beast or man. As such, she was fond of the strategy of Nimiel and Skafral sticking close, with a healer and a ferocious all-round fighter paired together, and keeping the reckless Batha close to her side.

Having stabilized her thoughts about this sudden large-scale mission, Veronica's calm demeanour quickly returned as she suddenly gave a casual smirk.

"How exciting, I was just thinking about acquiring some new attire, and this is certainly a worthy excuse to go shopping for. Say, what do you think of the idea of a detachable cape? When those foolish slayers attempt to pull on it to trip me up, it would easily come off and I could strike in that moment of surprise. Or, I could easily use it as a smokescreen tactic, taking it off myself and throwing it in their face to blind them momentarily. A fun little trap card, don't you think? I'll have to find a suitable tailor in Krystadya that can modify one for me. Bonus points if its enchanted somehow." Veronica hummed out loud. "I suppose for an endurance mission like this one I will need to equip stifling armour too. How inconvenient." She tutted, before eyeing up the hooded, masked stranger that had entered their midst.

The figure was unfamiliar to her, especially as a clan member of Aeris herself. But in the end, it was of little concern, seeing as Veronica would never claim to know every member of her clan, with the mission matters still weighing on her mind to boot. Just before the foreigner was updated on the situation, she chose to introduce herself briefly. "I'm Veronica. Let us discuss plans and preparations tomorrow after you have been briefed." She waved half-heartedly, briskly walking back to where her steed was. Batha was dead asleep, and she knew she would not be able to wake her up until dawn at the earliest, so she chose to just leave her with the reliable company of the clan leaders. "I'm heading back to the Grey Eagle Inn in Krystadya, room 22 if you need me. I'll likely be out and about shopping in the centre of town by noon though." She informed her comrades in a placid tone, before riding back to the capital city. Of course, Veronica wouldn't be caught dead camping outside when she didn't have to. She'd leave that unbearableness for the night of the blood moon.

Ansley Drewitt

"Yes, hopefully we can all work together with the other guilds well to make this mission successful," Ansley added to Dawn's statement. She reached for her pocket to take out her money bag, inspecting the low amount of coins there was only a limited amount of things that she could buy for the next day. Most likely potions. She looked over to the paladin and answered, "Thank you for the offer but I'm not fond of sweets."

"I've only read on werewolves, I have never taken on quests with the shifters." Slaying or capturing werewolves were quests she avoided due to how bloodthirsty they were and the fact that they were once human never bode well with her. "But if what you say is true then it you can take away their attention from Leo while he fires arrows from afar." Ansley stated, coming back to her habit of deep thinking before her newfound team. Hearing Leo's words had brought a frown to the woman's usually impassive face. "Of course, it would certainly be a problem if the Whisperers were to add to the trouble then again it would be difficult for them to fight once the werewolves have transformed."

The paladin's words were soon drowned out as various scenarios now ran through the battlemage's head. While simulating the battle over and over again was an enjoyable past time, there were too many unknown variables.

The lo1wer temperature had brought her out of her thinking, she looked over to Atrox who had then looked at her rather pointedly, in her opinion. "Duly noted, Atrox." She said calmly, despite not liking the way the man's words were said. Hopefully, whatever the come up with the plan and Atrox's skull bashing would work. She knows when someone doesn't like her, and she could only wish that despite this things would go well for them.

"Alright, let's all go and get some rest then let's all meet up in the morning." Ansley said with a clap of her hands, not awaiting the other's say and bidding goodnight to her companions.

Interaction: Sunsmiter Sunsmiter turtwigwins turtwigwins

scar 5.pngNimiel AlbrechtA laugh bubbled up from Nimiel as she saw that her gift was readily accepted. Bringing joy to both human and beast was her deepest fulfillment in life, and seeing even a creature as wild and dangerous as a siren smile brought an unshakable warmth to her heart. This was the harmony she sought, "I thought you would appreciate it, much more than any creature that calls land home. May it bring you good fortune and happiness."

Nimiel listened to the clan leaders, her eyes sharp yet her mind wandering as she thought of everything she would need to prepare. Wound dressings, herbal brews to fend off exhaustion, water barrels to place around the battlefield. More than once she lost track of the conversation and had to force herself back into the present moment.

Trying not to let her own worries show, Nimiel smiled, "The vanguard, huh? Well, just leave it to Skafral and I! We can watch from a distance and provide long range support if needed. Perhaps my practice of extending the range of my abilities will finally pay off!”

She placed a hand on Skafral’s neck, as if to reassure Veronica, “Do not worry, we are never far apart. We will be fine, just make sure you and Batha are as well. Though I am sure the front will be in more than capable hands with the Queen present!”

Nimi laughed, placing her hands on her hips and giving a glance to her teammates “Why, the slayers should be no match for this group. I am sure of it.”

Of course, she was aware of the stakes and just how much of a disadvantage they were at, yet she placed her full trust these capable Whisperers. She had the pleasure of seeing most of them in action, and knew just what a force they were to be reckoned with. There was not a better group she could ask for, which only sharpened the direness of the situation if they all were needed to be summoned.

Skafral shifted, almost throwing Nimiel off balance from his movement. She regained her footing and looked up to see him leaning down his great head to sniff at the masked newcomer. He could smell troll on her, among other things. Strangely, this woman was the only one here that Nimiel had never crossed paths with before. It could only mean one thing.

"You must be new! Greetings and welcome,” Nimi gave a bow, her hair falling from her shoulders from the movement, “My name is Nimiel Albrecht, but you may feel free to call me Nimi.”

As easily distracted as ever, while introductions were on the way (or perhaps not) she turned to wave a farewell to Veronica, shouting after her “Safe travels!”

Smiling with a far-off look in her eyes, she became aware of the newcomer once more. Sheepishly, she laughed and nodded her head towards the forest, “Ah, apologies. My mind wanders sometimes. Should you need anything, I will be camped out near the lake. Be it herbal remedies or just some tea, I will be happy to help. Even if it is late at night, do not worry at all, I will not mind. I am a light sleeper."

Adjusting her heavy pack on her shoulder, Nimiel took off towards the tree line and waved back to the remaining Whisperers, “The same goes for all of you! In fact, I have just the idea for staving off exhaustion, though I cannot make any promises of the taste. Alas, save it for the morrow. Have a good rest, my friends, and I will see you when the sun rises."

With that she took off, though Skafral stayed just a little more, still curious of the strange smelling lady wearing the mask. He stared at her, before finally retreating to follow after Nimiel. The trees swayed and parted as he passed, then stood still once more.

--- Later... ---​

After setting up her camp — nothing more than a humble hammock nestled in the shelter of some lake-side trees — Nimiel sat on a rock and caught her breath. Skafral had already disappeared into the lake, nothing more than a shadow beneath the moonlit surface. Occasionally she could catch the moonlight glinting in his eyes as he looked up, watchful as ever, before descending back into the depths in search of one of his favorite snacks... turtles.

Nimi sighed and thought about what was to happen the next day. There were many trials, and she would be lying if she said it did not worry her. So many people were in danger, and she was determined not to let a single one of them fall. She thought about using the night to get a head start in her preparations before deciding against it. She would need all of her strength for the battle. Still, if she did not put this worry to rest she would never find sleep.

She reached into her pack once more, shifting aside bundled herbs and vials of water to pull out a patched up leather pouch. It smelled like salt and ash and rattled whenever it was shook. Her mentor's bone bag, used for telling the future. She pictured her question in her mind, drawing up the dew from the blades of grass around her, and spilled the contents of the bag onto the flat boulder before her. Fish bones, shells, feathers and other ocean mementos scattered and fell still. In their pattern she would find her answer.

A frown passed over her face. One of Skafral's teeth had fallen into a cracked sea shell, set above a bird skull and a red urchin. She drew lines of water across the different items, analyzing their patterns. "Blood in the water and birds on high... expected of a battle. Difficult trials ahead and caution as well. The serpent's fang reminds us of hidden danger. Hmm... but what troubles me is the fang and the shell. Journey and past memories... an unexpected reunion? Something lost is found. Could it mean my friends with me today, or something else...?"

That night she slept after all, yet her dreams were filled with dark water and thunder.

Zabyne Dustsorrow
05609f9a8aa8f13338e6bd27d67a7cf8.jpg

The warm welcome of the clan members flickered a warmth within the pit of Zabyne's stomach. It grew and spread all over her body like an uncontained wildfire, burning every fiber of her being with utter joy that she sadly couldn't express. Beneath the mask of clay, the infamous swindler cracked a smile. It seemed like she was in the presence of gullible souls, all of them buying her facade like desperate shoppers in a panic. It was highly convenient for Zabyne. In all honesty, she didn't expect her plan to be unraveling smoothly, especially with the presence of the Clan Leaders. Nevertheless, she knew that she should never lower her guard despite everyone's apparent naivety. The danger would often strike when you least expect it.

"I am honored to meet you, Jin Hitoshi. The Siren is not only a beautiful but also a fitting alias for you." The woman's black hair with auburn adoration reminded her of the sea beneath the dusk. A gorgeous sight, indeed; yet, what use would beauty have if it yielded no profit? Nonetheless, Zabyne esteemed herself as a stellar entrepreneur. She believed that everything could be marketed at the expense of time and effort. For example, her mermaid and its pearls.

"My most sincere of greetings to you as well, fair Veronica. I admire the elegance you clothe yourself with, much more the tactical reasonings weaved in them." Zabyne regarded the eye-patched woman. Veronica still reeked of familiarity, yet its context remained a mystery. In the back of her mind, the memory of a yellow-eyed girl looking at her with seething rage and a bloody cheek resurfaced. It brought a smile to the masked woman's face.

"Well met, Nimi, I'm grateful for your enthusiastic reception." Zabyne returned the bow just before something pried Nimiel's attention off her. It looked like the naive woman shared the same attention span as her trolls. "Your kindness and generosity show your big heart. It's no wonder a magnificent creature such as a Leviathan gravitated to you." Speaking of which, the oversized sea horse has been sniffing the air around her like a damn creep. The obnoxious disregard for privacy definitely lessened its value by about ten percent.

"I am Dawn, a new member of Clan Aeris." Zabyne pressed a hand over her calm heart as she lied.

Once the introductions had been dealt with, the clan members proceeded to prepare for their upcoming mission, leaving Zabyne with the Clan Leaders. The heads had already filled her up with the details of the operation, save for her role in the matter. The disguised Zabyne snapped her fingers as though an idea had just hit her. "I can set up traps for the Slayers to step onto. I reckon that they'd be of little concern even to the werewolves or fellow Whisperers in the off-chance that they accidentally stumble upon it as it's only designed to hedge in creatures and never harm them." As usual, it wasn't a lie per se, but it wasn't the whole truth either. She could never guarantee the fate of a creature after it has been encased in ice, after all. "However, I might need to procure a few necessary materials. I shall return once I have."

And with that, Zabyne excused herself from the vicinity, another scheme forming in her mind.

"MAMA!"

"MAMA."

A pair of large trolls ran to a cloaked figure that emerged from the forest, skidding to a stop once the said character raised a single hand. "Easy, boys. It looks like our venue just got expanded." The hooded figure removed her mask and pulled her hood, revealing flowing strands of indigo as she moved past the trolls. "Ready yourselves, we'll be filling this forest with traps after I deliver a necessary message." Pale fingers exposed a necklace hidden beneath her robe, bringing it close to her lips as it exuded a cerulean glow.

"Come in, Vulture, I have exciting news to share..."

The clan leader's plans and information regarding the clan members, Zabyne figured that she must share all of these with her partner-in-crime if she wanted the maximum success of the mission. And so, she whispered her messages to the wind, knowing the magic imbued in the amulet would deliver them to Arquen.

Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Juju Juju Circe Circe SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles AI10100 AI10100

Last edited:
1650723455133-png.978555
Dawnbreaker
Interactions: Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum turtwigwins turtwigwins
"That's alright." Dawnbreaker didn't seem too disappointed, but then again he's the cinnamon roll paladin. And as for suppliess...House Messor most likely wouldn't mind if he asked for their purse, they were going to hold his so-called "debts" over him anyways. That, my dear, was just how House Messor operated. Caring only for strength of will and loyalty, and the rest can all starve.
"Capturing their attention isn't all that hard, even taunts can work if it manages to get through to the human side of the wolves. Very useful advantage at times." What part of they were once human does he not understand? Oh wait, none of it. He knows. Just doesn't care. Ah okay, carry on. "Hopefully the Whisperers know better than to throw themselves between a pack of werewolves trying to chew their faces off and a group fo Slayers sent to exterminate them."
The suns swirled for a moment before the largest came to a rest on Dawn's open palm. The paladin looked at it for a moment, the light reflected in his golden irises, before he closed his fist and the light spluttered out as it was crushed into flickers. "Well then, with that out of the way, I'll be in the stables or training grounds if anyone needs me." The shopping list and House Messor and wait until tomorrow.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back