• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wisteria Romance

★彡𝓒𝓻𝐲𝓈𝐭𝒶𝓵彡★
map.jpg

E N T E R T R O I A

A long time ago when the continent of Troia was simply a forest wasteland, the human race was a speck in between millions of species. Flora and fauna flourished throughout, along with the mythical creatures who lived in comfort. For many centuries, both the human race and the mythical creatures lived together in harmony. However, that all changed many years later.

As time went by, humans began to realize the reality of how powerless they were. They began to acknowledge that the creatures could destroy them at any minute. They had both raw power and strength that the humans could only imagine to understand, whereas the humans themselves had nothing but their bare backs and little magic ability which they had no idea how to use.

It wasn't until a man named Alexandrius Laxus started to use that fear as a way to gain power. He began grouping the humans together and took advantage of the humans’ fear and doubts by declaring that all the creatures were vile and menacing. Alexandrius proposed the idea of taking what should be rightfully theirs and introduced the concept of slayers. People who decided to be hunters, instead of being hunted. The humans soon began to rebel against the creatures, killing them off one by one through invasion.

However, there were some people who didn't agree with Alexandrius' ways. Those people became known as the guardians of the creatures, or rather, the whisperers. They were led by a woman named Silika Yei, who argued that there was so much more to learn from the beasts and that they were more than mindless monsters who sought to destroy the human race. They took time to observe them and during this time, they began to befriend some of the creatures and discovered that they contained their own intellect, even learning special magic abilities from the creatures that they could never have discovered on their own.

Despite Silika’s argument, the human race steadily grew through Alexandrius’ efforts, and it was only a matter of time before the minority of the races quickly became the majority. The creatures were pushed back to take refuge from them, with humans beginning to create kingdoms, towns, and other settlements all across the land. As magic began to develop through these changes, it soon became a necessity and an additional way for them to defend themselves.

And so, here we are today. Alexandrius and Silika are now gone, but the tension is still here. Slayers and whisperers are becoming enemies, and the well-being of the mythical creatures is being questioned.

The world is slowly slipping apart, but who will survive? The slayers or the whisperers? The results will be in your hands.

Which side will you take?

Hello! I'm Wisteria Rose and I really wanted to reboot this roleplay that I've been keeping in the back of my files lol. I have posted this roleplay up before on my old account, but I would love to bring it back to life again with the current roleplay experience I have now and enjoy it with new people! Since this is my first group roleplay post on here, I'm quite nervous but I'm also looking forward to it. Please note that my worldbuilding skills are very beginner, so I ask that you be patient with me as I continue adding more details to the world of Troia. This is supposed to be an interest check though, so if you're alright with that then that's great lol. I hope you'll like it!

Please refer to the accordions below to discover more details about the roleplay. Don't forget to read the rules! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Slayers and Whisperers

Whisperers

Whisperers are people who are skilled in being able to tame and train a specific beast, usually by body language and gentle vocal encouragement rather than physical force. They tend to find the more compassionate side of the creatures and try to protect them at all costs. Not all whisperers are "good" though. Some whisperers tend to abuse their powers and make the creatures their slaves in exchange for protection from the slayers. Whisperers are also known as guardians of the creatures, and there are many guardians who are talented at taming specific beasts.

Slayers

Slayers are people who are the opposite. Instead of trying to protect the creatures, their job is to extinguish them, whether by choice or by order. There are many guilds that are usually for slayers, and the usual routine is to kill a beast that the townsfolk has requested, and they'll be paid. Usually, slayers take the valuable parts of a beast after they're killed and take them to sell or auction for high prices. Slayers are usually driven to kill because of a dark past, revenge, survival, greed, etc. Not all slayers are as brute as they sound, in fact, some may have a hard time trying to kill and may convert to a normal life.

Mythical Creatures

Mythical Creatures:

The mythical creatures are the animals that roam the lands. They were once free, but now they have been secluded in different parts of the world in order to hide from the slayers that try to pursue them. They have little to no trust in the humans anymore, except for the whisperers, however, it takes a lot to convince them. Mythical creatures consider all kinds and types, such as kitsunes, phoenixes, manticores, unicorns, dragons, demons, all you can think of. They are classified into different levels:

Gamma

Gamma creatures are common and are typically considered a mild annoyance at most. They're mostly harmless, so they're not targeted as much. Gamma creatures include imps, pixies, and sprites. Although they do possess some form of magic power, it's usually small and doesn't do much damage.

Pixies (Dark)

Imps (Various)

Sprites (Water)

Fairies (Light)

Wisps (Fire)

Nymphs (Water)

Beta

Betas are creatures that are able to fight on their own and are much stronger than Gamma. They have their own special abilities and are able to conjure up magic power on their own. They're also the most common. Beta creatures are usually targeted by the average slayer and include unicorns, mermaids, trolls, goblins, elves, minotaurs, et

Trolls (Earth)

Sirens (Water)

Unicorns (Light)

Goblins (Various)

Minotaurs (Earth)

Griffins (Air)

Vampires (Dark)

Werewolves (Dark)

Centaurs (Fire)

Pegasus (Light)

Cockatrice (Dark)

Cyclops (Earth)

Dark Elves (Dark)

Dryads (Earth)

Ents (Earth)

Dwarves (Light)

Gargoyles (Earth)

Gremlins (Various)

Harpies (Air)

Hobgoblins (Earth)

Orcs (Earth)

Ogres (Earth)

Yeti (Earth)

Ghouls (Dark)

Hippogriffs (Water)

Hippocampus (Water)

Banshees (Dark)

Giants (Various)

Elemental creatures (Various)

Alpha

Alpha creatures are extremely rare and typically pursued by high-class slayers. It takes an especially talented whisperer to be able to tame an alpha creature by themselves. They hold a large amount of power and are usually hidden in places where people normally wouldn't go, such as the bottom of the sea, the highest mountain top, dense forests, inside of a volcano, etc. They are very difficult to slay and capture. Alpha creatures include dragons, demons, phoenixes, kitsunes, manticores, and more.

Dragons (Various)

Demons (Dark)

Phoenixes (Fire)

Kitsunes (Fire)

Manticores (Fire)

Cerberus (Dark)

Hydra (Water)

Sea Serpents (Water)

Basilisk (Water)

Chimera (Water)

Wyrm (Air)

Titans (Earth)

Roc (Air)

Lamia (Water)

Gorgons (Dark)

Wendigos (Air)

Djinn (Dark)

Arachne (Dark)

Wyvern (Various)

Elemental spirits (Various)

Guilds and Clans

Guilds

Guilds are places where slayers gather and find work. The process is simple: they fill out a request and get paid. Most guilds usually pursue different kinds of creatures and are more skilled in one department than another. Guilds include Ethrel Soul, Luminesque, and Narcos. Unlike clans, guilds are always established in big kingdoms.

Ethrel Soul

Ethrel Soul is a highly regarded guild that is well known by many people. Most of their members are exceptionally skilled and are said to be the guild with the highest kills count. They specialize in killing creatures that are fire and earth-based, and its guild members are "warrior" based, typically carrying swords, shields, wearing armor, etc that are infused with power enhancement magic. It was the first guild to be built and was originally led by Alexandrius himself until he passed away.

Luminesque

The Luminesque guild is one that emphasizes knowledge. It's believed that they hold the largest number of scholars, and usually tend to rely more on magic rather than weapons. They specialize in air and water-based creatures, and most of the slayers are mages. Because of their large knowledge about magic itself, members are usually sent to other guilds to collaborate with them on missions.

Narcos

The Narcos guild is very mysterious and usually keeps out of the public eye. They are rumored to be well specialized with light and dark based creatures, but it's unknown where their headquarters are. Very few members reveal themselves, but it's rumored that most of the members in the Narcos guild build their own magic weaponry and distribute them to other guilds.

Clans

Clans are basically guilds for whisperers. There are many clans globally all across the world, but the main three that are known are Sonoros, Usynthos, and Aeris. Unlike guilds, clans are more nomadic. They only meet together once a month to report any findings in the areas that they’re in charge of, and after that, each member is free to wander off to wherever they want to go.

Sonoros

The Sonoros clan consists of people who typically live in high mountain areas, lakes, or oceans. They specialize in communicating with dark and water-based creatures much better than any other clans. Sonoros clan members can be distinguished by a tribal tattoo that resembles a dove on their hand. It is also said that Sonoros was the original clan that Silika Yei established.

Usynthos

The Usynthos clan mainly lives in the tropics and desert and they specialize in fire and light-based creatures. Out of all the clans, they're the ones who are most skilled in magic and are distinguished by a tattoo that resembles a turtle, typically placed on their shoulder blade.

Aeris

The Aeris clan are found living either in dense forests or open plains, specializing in creatures based on air and earth. They are distinguished by a tattoo that resembles the sun, typically placed on their chest.
Magic and Elements
Magic is elemental based, and the main six elements of Troia are:
fire
water
earth
air
light
dark

Every creature and human is naturally imbued with one type of magic, meaning no one can hold two or more elements. There are some creatures whose element type can vary depending on their habitat (for example: ice type dragons in the snowy mountains, dark type goblins living in barren wastelands) but other than that, every being is born with a type that's firmly established.

Rules
1. Follow RPN guidelines
2. Must be 18+. Both roleplayer and OC.
3. You may have two characters at most.
4. Be literate and able to provide a response of at least 1-2 paragraphs. Post at least twice a week unless an issue arises and you have DM'd me about it.
5. Anime or semi-realistic face claims only.
6. Any plotting or worldbuilding ideas that affect the world of the RP must go through me and gain approval first. I'm always open to hearing you out!
7. Any kind of bullying or harassment will not be tolerated.
8. No god-modding.
9. I have the right to accept or reject anything, such as character sheets or ideas. Don't let that scare you though lol

L I N K S
OOC: Fantasy - T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [OOC]
CS: Fantasy - T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [Character Sheets]
LORE:
Fantasy - T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [Lore and Worldbuilding]

Last edited:
Definitely interested! So Are we allowed to have a mythical creature as a second character or are we only allowed to play as humans?

Looks interesting mate! Though I do have a question, do Whisperers get like multiple creatures or is it dependent on where they are? Or do they just have one bonded creature perhaps?

I am interested, as well. Also was wondering a similar question. Would my human whisperer be bonded to one mythical creature, like the kitsune?

Looks interesting mate! Though I do have a question, do Whisperers get like multiple creatures or is it dependent on where they are? Or do they just have one bonded creature perhaps?
Whisperers are able to communicate with multiple creatures, although there are some who are more adept to communicating with certain species than others depending on their background and location. Someone who lives in the desert are more prone to being used to communicating with air and earth based creatures in comparison to someone who’s always lived in port cities where water creatures are common! Thus why the clans and guilds have different creature advantages depending on what your character specializes in ^^

They are able to have a special bond with a creature if they want one to travel with, but bonds become more difficult to establish depending on the rank of the creature. For example, it is extremely rare to bond with an Alpha creature whereas it’s more common to see a whisperer having a wisp or a pixie (Gamma).

Hope that was helpful!

I am interested, as well. Also was wondering a similar question. Would my human whisperer be bonded to one mythical creature, like the kitsune?
It’s possible but just an extremely rare occurrence since kitsunes are classified as Alpha (: as long as you have a proper explanation as to how their bond came to be that reflects the skill of the Whisperer then I’m good with it!

I don’t want too many people claiming to be able to bond with Alpha creatures immediately since Alphas are supposed to be super strong. It would make more sense for an older Whisperer (like middle aged or older) to be able to bond with an Alpha rather than a younger whisperer (like young adults)

I'm interested! Just an impulsive idea, but I really want to play a self-proclaimed cyclops queen lmao.
Thank you for showing interest! However I’m preferring for everyone to have a human character since this roleplay does revolve around them more than than the creatures ^^

Thank you for showing interest! However I’m preferring for everyone to have a human character since this roleplay does revolve around them more than than the creatures ^^
Ah, I meant a whisperer that finds it easier to tame a cyclops! And calls herself a self-proclaimed 'queen of the cyclops' because of it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back