• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom T A K E Y O U R J O Y

Anaxileah

From the Depths of Hell
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

e3dd573b6cb1e0460a17601e23120108.png

Enjoy some tunes.

Forewarning

Only writers with good grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc., will be accepted.

Two paragraphs are required per post (as a minimum).

You must make your own characters (OCs only).

This RP will have questionable and dark themes - this is not for the weak-hearted.

A Discord server will be used to communicate regarding OOC, RP questions, etc.

There are only fifteen (15) spots available.

If you've made it this far, congratulations. Now...

T A K E......................Y O U R......................J O Y

It's present day, but in an alternate universe. Technology is only slightly more advanced, a drug called Joy has been created to grant people pure euphoria in a pill, and something so heart-wrenchingly, devastatingly, horribly irreversible has happened in the near past. No one remembers, thanks to Joy. No one wants to. At least...that's what you think.

Describe Joy? Why, it's the best invention Dr. Wellsman ever created! Happy, happy, all the time! WIthout a worry in the world! Of course, unless you're a Wastrel, or even worse - a Downer. Wastrels have no choice, they're simply incapable of taking Joy. Those poor people! They can't feel the wonderful effects of Joy, or heavens forbid, refuse to take Joy, like some Downer! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to take their Joy. Or remember, for that matter...oh well! Time for another Joy!
Highcity Wellie

(Downer) NO! Everything...everything has eyes! The eyes are watching! Please, I-I want my Joy now! (Officers) Come here, you! You know what happens to Downers! (Downer) I-I'm not a Downer! Please, I want Joy! I don't want to remember...oh, God, the eyes!
Arrest scene in Highcity Square

Note: Officers successfully detained the Downer and sent CAST him out of the city into the war-torn Wastrel territory.

Joy makes our country better for everyone. Happiness in a pill - the world is brighter and better, everything smells and tastes sweeter, and everything is perfect. You should know. Unless...you're off your Joy?
Dr. Wellsman

Note: I had to run out of there. I had to escape before Dr. Wellsman could call the police and force more Joy down my throat. I don't know how much longer I can go unno-

The journal ends there. No letters or entries follow in the typed-up journal. They've gotten better at finding Downers...I guess we're just going to have to take that risk. I'm sorry, but I'm taking your Joy and leaving you a little...clue. You'll thank me later.

P.S. You can click on the words above, and this RP is indeed based on the game "We Happy Few" with some inspiration from the movie "Oculus," so I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back