• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy TЊË RåÑʥØm ЊØTËL (A Walk-in RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Melody Arkin:

"Hello! Are You new to TRH? Ive been out sick for a month so i'm unsure." Says Melody with a genuine smile as she arranges her notes and prepares to check him into the hotel if he's not a regular or already been checked in.

"Relatively," he responded. This woman was nice, seemingly well mannered. Maybe he could have some fun with her, though he doubted anything would compare to the entertaining interaction he had with the previous receptionist. "Well, it's good that you've gotten better. I must admit, I think I scared off the last receptionist." He rested his chin in the palm of his hand, still wearing a bright smile.
AmeC11292 AmeC11292

Melody Arkin:

"scared off? How so? Because you don't seem scary." She looks him directly in the eyes and pays very close attention to what he says. for the first customer she had since she got better it was sure an interesting experience.

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Dwig scowled, and rolled his sleeve. He tapped a few buttons and a rift opened. Out if the rift came 8 MDI elites. They suluted Dwig. "Gentlemen, I need you to secure this hotel. Until I tell you, report to me only" The men suluted and left

Amelia was feeling a little tired from walking but still had the energy to keep going. But with the option, she might as well take it. "Yes, let's take a short break," she said with a smile. Amelia walked towards one of the open seats as there was some people filling there other ones even if the area wasn't that busy. She chose an open booth to sit at after some deliberation and looked back to make sure Ness was following. "Do they serve drinks here? Do you know?" She asked.
Captain Sweatpants Captain Sweatpants
Ness
"I'm uh, actually not sure." Ness scratched the back of his head "I think we can manage though." He sat down across from Amelia, giving her a quick wink as he did. Ness reached into the inner pocket of his coat and produced a pair of keys "oops! not those." He laughed and quickly dropped them back in. He tried again, this time pulling out two crystal clear glasses. There had been no sign of them being there previously, it was almost as if they had just come from nowhere. Ness placed one on the table in front of him and the other before Amelia. The glasses were already filled with something, a clear shimmering liquid that glistened in the light of the room "Love dis stuff. It's called Mirage Cider. When yer drinkin it, just think about whatever you're thirsty for and the Cider will become that in yer mouth. Its a travelers best friend!" He said as he took a huge gulp from the glass NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

He placed a finger to his lip as if in deep thought. "I'm not sure, she wasn't very social to say the least. I asked her name, but apparently I wasn't privy to such information." He continued to look as if mulling something over before focusing back on the woman in front of him. "So how about you? May I know your name or do I not meet the requirements?"
AmeC11292 AmeC11292 (Not gonna lie, I'm sick so I might crash lol. If I do, you are more than welcome to move on if something of greater interest pops up)

His eyes glistened as she stated her name. "Simon Hart," he replied before chuckling lightly. "And at my disposal huh? What does that entail?" She clearly wasn't closed off like the previous woman, which meant she could be one of two types: feisty or flustered. If he were to push her in a certain direction she would either fight back or clam up. Either way, there were methods to handle both.
AmeC11292 AmeC11292

Melody Arkin:

"If you need a room, I'm positive we have rooms available, and if you need someone to talk to I don't have anything better to do so I can talk with you."

Amelia watched, fascinated as Ness produced items seemingly out of nowhere. To her, he was almost pure magic at this point but logically it had to with his experiences surely. They were truly something that Amelia couldn't imagine. After all, she was quite sheltered considering the background she came from. She couldn't even visualize living in a place without any walls or buildings. "Thank you," she smiled after taking the glass but she hesitated on bringing it to her lips. It wasn't as if she doubted the liquid but rather didn't know what drink that she wanted. Perhaps the wine from her home. Imagining the sweet, crisp taste, Amelia was still stunned to find the Cider tasted exactly how she thought it might. "Amazing!" Amelia laughed.

An Hour Prior...

Gyrus had dropped off his duffle bag In his room before taking a moment to fall flat Into his bed. Minutes after resting his eyes he couldn't help but feel a vague sense of restlessness; maybe It was because of his new surroundings, though each time he returned to the city after one of his long journeyed expeditions, he felt out of place; everything felt out of place; like something In this picture was missing.

Now, just like every other time he returned to "civilization", he could only feel an aching sense of longing beating In his chest, a longing to return back Into the thick of another grand adventure with all the dangers and mysteries that come along with It.

At moments like these he could only think about planning his next expedition Into the next unknown, but alas nothing came to mind and this last expedition ended up as a dead end; no clues whatsoever as to where to look next, just some rusted relic with degraded carvings he couldn't make out.

He let out a deep sigh and adjusted his glasses."Where to now, Gyrus Winston... what new adventure awaits?" He contemplated aloud to himself, expiring out once again; this time a bit more dispirited than frustrated.

Gyrus laid there on the bed staring up at the ceiling, his spirit drifting In a swirling abyss of all encompassing dullness.

Mother. Of. God. He was... sooooo very unbelievably bored...

Present time, Random hotel's bar

"So then I look him In the eye and say... you couldn't find your own ass with both hands and a map!"Gyrus chuckled along side with a stranger he had only just met upon entering the bar. He wasn't much for starting chit chats with strangers but when the man sat next to him he greeted gyrus, and some how It lead Into quite a pleasant conversation.

"You are quite the Interesting man Mr..." They both paused momentarily before laughing aloud. "Oh my, I just realized we haven't even gotten to exchanging names with one another; my apologies." The stranger replied a bit less composed and bowed his head.

"NONSENSE !", Gyrus roared, as he slapped his meaty thick paws onto his shoulder."My enemies know me as, Bamoff. But you can call Gyrus.. Gyrus Winston." He ended, grinning from ear to ear.

"My name Is Klaus Von Reinherz, It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." He greeted, lifting a hand to his. Gyrus looked at his hand for a moment, and stared back at him for a slight moment with a wide eyed look. "BAH! No, the pleasures all mine." He chuckled, slapping his hand to his with a firm grip. Realizing he might of gripped to hard Gyrus almost let go, but realized this mans grip was quite strong.

"You've got a firm grip there.."

"Ahahaha... yes thank you, I've been told that quite often." He replied modestly but rubbed the nape of his neck nervously; he pondered whether or not he gripped to tightly.

tF4UpEX.jpg
Mr. Fetch A. Wigglebottom
Current Position- Coming back from vacation Location- Lobby Mentions- Mentions

The sun was just rising when the fluffy retriever mix opened his eyes. He sat up drowsily, stretching his back with a soft yawn, then stretching out his arms and his neck, each accompanied by a series of satisfying cracks and pops. He blinked his eyes, still foggy with the haze of a good night's sleep. This was short lived, however, as he scanned over the calendar on the adjacent wall for the current date he locked onto the large, curvy letters spelling out, "End of vacation" in a rosy pink, underlined and adorned with little hearts and a small, friendly looking smiley face.
His eyes flashed open, glittering with a re-awakened energy and a sense of overwhelming excitement. The fluffy tail on his rear wagged with such an intensity that it made his bed wobble for a few moments before he pushed away the comfy blanket, hopped out of bed and scrambled to get dressed. He pulled on a pair of salmon colored shorts, buttoning and zipping them with record speed before tearing a shirt from it's place in his closet, pushing his arms through the short sleeves and buttoning the cuffs into place, hastily pushing the small buttons along his belly into place soon after.
The collar around his neck jingled like Christmas bells as he packed his things, closing up his suitcase and quickly making his way down the hall, making his way to the steps and sliding down the railing with the luggage in his lap, giggling all the while. Upon reaching the bottom, he found his whole family awake in the family room, a large banner with a paw painted message, tiny puppy paw prints running along the edges. It said, "We'll miss you!!!", and his parents smiled at him, his littermates rushed to greet him, hugging him tightly and sniffing him in a friendly manner, he welcomed the affectionate act, smiling as they stepped away. He said his goodbyes, convinced his parents he'd be back before they knew it, and headed out the door with a wave.
It should be around here, the portal was set to open at just this time...
The air in front of him whipped out in all directions as the world hurried to compensate the rift opening before him. He stepped in and set foot in the lobby, taking a strong whiff of the air as the portal closed behind him.
'Oh, stuffy hotel smell, how I've missed you!' he giggled and peered about the room, trying to figure out what to do first.

Monsieur Mim

The gentleman from earlier left a lot of thinking for Mim. He genuinely expressed concerned, but it seemed more for Miss Natalie than for himself. Nonetheless, it was news to him that the issue he has was common for all shape-shifters. According to the history of the Marins, he may not have been the first born with abilities, but he was the first shape-shifter. Thanks to their ancestors prohibited acts of using magic directly to one's body, resulting generations of new children with strange hair colorations plus abilities accompanied by the gene-magic manipulation.

The young purple-haired man had a thirst that he could not quench in Natalie's room, aside from drinking from her sink, so with that said, he left a note. It read:

Mademoiselle Natalie,

Thank you for allowing me to stay in your room for the night. If you wish to meet again, my room number is 555. I wish you a beautiful day.

Ton ami,
Mim

With the door closed behind him, he took the elevator down to the Aqua Lounge. Upon walking into the facilty, he found a large ape sitting in a chair. Just seeing the being, made Mim want to transform into an ape as well, but Pik's warning reminded him not to be careless. He gave the large being a nod and ordered a Purple Dragon Martini. Jeeves, the bartender, made it almost instantly. His eyes gazed at the martini in admiration. The purple drink was strong and had a hint of cranberry; he sipped lightly as he kept his thoughts to himself, including how cool it would be to be an ape.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
KRONOS KRONOS

Y'shtola Bakk'ala
"What is this place?" Y'shtola had been sitting in the lobby of the of this place for about an hour now. She lowered her head into her hands and her ears drooped sadly "It doesn't matter I suppose. But how long will I be safe here?" She looked around. There were strange beings of all kinda here that The woman had never seen before. What kind of place was this? Tears slowly began to roll down Y'shtola's cheeks as she pulled her knees up to her chest and rocked back an forth. "Why is this happening? I want to go home.."

He pulled a key from his pocket and shook it gently. "Thanks cutie, but I've got a room. As far as company," he smirked, looking over her face. "I would greatly appreciate that.
AmeC11292 AmeC11292
With her new clothes on, Aurelia smiled. In her mind she felt like a child pretending to be a ruler, but it was fun- almost empowering. Her thoughts were cut off as her stomach growled loudly. In all the excitement she had completely forgotten about sustaining herself. A frown took the place of her smile with the thought of her new found problem. Carefully she sniffed at the air like she had done back at her village. Normally she would also use tracks and previous sightings to aid in the hunt, but this time she was left to rely on her sense of smell. Slowly she wandered into the lounge. She blinked in surprise as she realized she had been in the room before. All the excitement must have distracted me, she concluded as she walked up to the bar. A man with purple hair and a large furry creature were also there, leading her to believe that this was where food was distributed. She cleared her throat before addressing the staff member behind the bar. "What has been collected today?"
KRONOS KRONOS SachiGrl SachiGrl

Amelia watched, fascinated as Ness produced items seemingly out of nowhere. To her, he was almost pure magic at this point but logically it had to with his experiences surely. They were truly something that Amelia couldn't imagine. After all, she was quite sheltered considering the background she came from. She couldn't even visualize living in a place without any walls or buildings. "Thank you," she smiled after taking the glass but she hesitated on bringing it to her lips. It wasn't as if she doubted the liquid but rather didn't know what drink that she wanted. Perhaps the wine from her home. Imagining the sweet, crisp taste, Amelia was still stunned to find the Cider tasted exactly how she thought it might. "Amazing!" Amelia laughed.
Ness
"I thought you might like that." he laughed "A little taste from home is just what you need on a long journey." He help out his glass to her for a toast "To finding new friends in new places." He flashed her a huge smile as he held out the glass NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

Weather Forecast
EqU8kaH.jpg

cb1b2c44013251b65e7d6cc966138e3cborder_by_necessity4fun-dc99byj.png

?Current Action: Helping a crying girl ii Mood: Worriedii Tags: Captain Sweatpants Captain Sweatpants ?
?

Locking up the door of room 333, the young man stepped into the corridor ready to begin exploring the vastness of the hotel. Though it was weird to admit so, perhaps Ness hadn't been entirely wrong... A vacation really wasn't a bad idea. In fact, having slept on a bed for a proper time, Sage felt fully recharged and very less likely to fall asleep in random places.

The invigorating rest had left the teen with such an energy spurt that he almost couldn't wait to get things done... whatever they were! To be honest, he did not have a plan that went further than 'go with the flow'. It didn't mean that this was a full-on vacation, however, no. He still had his own things to figure out, an important decision to make, his dilemma to decipher, but the boy had decided to do it his own way. Instead of having an instructor to give him instructions, he'd wander, interact, explore and let fate throw its cards. If the time he spent here wasn't going to affect anything from his world then he would simply not leave unless he had developed a strong resolve. What resolve? Well, time would tell! That was a matter for future Sage, not him.

Thus, with the goal to find a map that he could either take with him or take a picture of, the young man had gone back to the lobby, obviously leaving the backpack and books inside room 333. He would definitely not need them at the next destinations.

Taking in the familiar cream and brown scenery, Sage thought about asking the receptionist, --whoever it was--, for the map, but then a new sound caught his attention... Someone was...crying. The teen turned around to search for the source of the sobbing, which he was quick to assign to a girl that was curled in a ball on the floor. Without delay he had approached:

"Hey, are you okay?", the teen had asked with concern, almost reaching for the girl's shoulder before stopping himself, considering that such an action could scare her instead.

Last edited:
Ness
"I thought you might like that." he laughed "A little taste from home is just what you need on a long journey." He help out his glass to her for a toast "To finding new friends in new places." He flashed her a huge smile as he held out the glass NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49
Amelia returned his smile as she clinked her glass against his. "To new friends," she echoed before taking another sip of her drink. It really was nice to get a taste of her home. She hummed in her pleasure.

"But I believe it's your turn for a question. Unless you don't have anymore and your curiosity is sated?"

tF4UpEX.jpg
Current Position- Reception Location- Lobby Mentions- Mentions

Having dropped his things off in his room, he started to think about what he'd do now that he was back. He definitely had to make sure to greet everyone in the building, that was a no-brainer. He knew he'd have to make sure no one needed his help first though, that was the most important thing he could do right now! He straightened out his shirt and put on a pink bowtie with small white paw prints speckling it's surface, tucking his shirt into his shorts. He hopped over to the mirror for a quick once-over and giggled at the sight of himself, making silly faces at his reflection.

He skipped over to the door and flung it open, hurrying excitedly down the hall to the elevator where he poked the button that would take him to the ground floor. His fluffy tail whipped back and forth and he bounced with barely contained energy, a bright smile on his face. He looked up at the floor numbers as they counted down to his stop, his tongue sticking out as he focused, waiting for the elevator's cheerful chime.
ding!
His floppy ears stood up momentarily, livening up on cue for the door to open. He stepped out and looked around, wondering if any new people had joined the staff since his vacation began, and the idea of it only made him even happier, he scrunched up his face in a happy expression and squeaked with excitement. There were some people in the lobby! Ohmygoodnessohmygoodness! His nose went into overdrive to pick up the strangers' scent as he approached, his tail flailing wildly, 'Excuse me~!' he sang, his sweet voice drifting through the lobby, 'Is there anything I can help you with???'

Y'shtola Bakk'ala

"Hey, are you okay?"
Y'shtola flinched at the sound of someone talking to her. Slowly, she looked up from her hands. He eye's were puffy and a red. Wet smatterings of tear covered her cheeks and palms. She stood up and pressed her back up against the wall, avoiding the boy's eyes as she nodded slightly, not actually saying anything. She hid her hands behind her back and kept looking at the floor to her left as long white tail wrapped around her right leg. Something about the feeling of her own fur always comforted Y'shtola as a child and now it had just become a habit Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Monsieur Mim

Do shape-shifters truly have such a high mortality rate? His thoughts would continue on as he sipped his alcoholic beverage. He brushed his hand through his hair as his stress began peeve him. He heard a voice beside him, a feminine voice. "Oolala," he said as he looked from the top to the bottom of her body. "Bonne soirée, mademoiselle," he said with a wink, but due to Aurelia's translating device, she was able to understand: Good evening, miss. Mim loved the unique texture the woman's skin had and wondered what it would feel like. "Je n'ai jamais seen your kind, may I touch your skin?" he asked as his hand inched closer to hers. The translation to her ears were: I have never seen your kind, may I touch your skin?

MhnGK9m.jpg
"Hello," greeted the bartender, "I am Jeeves. I am primarily a bartender, but if you have an appetite, here's our menu." The man stood idle behind the counter waiting for further instructions. Forced by the Blood Demons, his soul was bounded behind the bar for eternity. His only wish was to see his love once more, but because she witnessed his death, he imagined she would never dream to step foot into this hotel again. His face was grim, but he loved his work. For a hundred years, he's practiced serving drinks from several dimensions. He has mastered the one's from his realm, but inter-dimensional drinks took him longer to create for clients.

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness
KRONOS KRONOS

Ness
He laughed "I think i'm done for now, yeah? I won't keep pressin ya for answers." Ness took another swig from his glass and smiled "I'm always learnin things from other people yeah? So it's nice to have someone askin about me every now and then." NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49

She stopped, puzzled by the item that was handed to her. She could read it, thanks to Dwig, but the names were of things she didn't recognize. Her thoughts were drawn away by an even more perplexing situation. She looked at the male who's had was moving closer to hers. Uncertain as to why he would want to, she entertained the idea, grabbing his hand by the wrist and laying it flat on her exposed stomach. As if this was a normal occurrence she then turned her attention back to the menu, leaving his hand resting on her stomach. What on Nalia was an hors d'oeuvres??
SachiGrl SachiGrl

cb1b2c44013251b65e7d6cc966138e3cborder_by_necessity4fun-dc99byj.png

?Current Action: Helping a crying girl and impeding a possible conflict ii Mood: Calm and thoughtfulii Tags: Captain Sweatpants Captain Sweatpants and Sea Jay Sea Jay ?
?

Sage watched the girl's antics without knowing which was the proper reaction to give. The fact that she had a cat's ears and tail took a while to process, even though it didn't as much as fazed the teenager. Between cat features and the power to cause things to spontaneously combust, he'd honestly go for the feline enhancements any day. Seemed like something a lot more manageable...

Still, the way she had nodded at him but chosen to remain on the floor, looking desolate had fired off several alarms at the young man's mind. Nope! That wasn't fine at all! Yet, he didn't actually know how to proceed from there, merely observing her with a gapping sensation of impotence weighting him down. Dammit! How was he supposed to be a hero when he couldn't even help this poor terrified lady properly?!

"Excuse me~! Is there anything I can help you with???"

Oh wow, that was uhh, cute? Sage had stopped for a moment, staring back at the dog-person that was getting closer to them. At first, he didn't think much of the cheerful canine, until he recalled that the girl had features... Cats and dogs, the young man didn't know whether making both more people-like had that much of an influence over it but as a Biology major he was very aware to how big was the part instincts played, even on people.

"N-no, I think we have that handled", he had lied, trying to avoid an encounter between the two, "If my experience is anything, she's probably disoriented. Having more people nearby would be the exact opposite of helping in such a situation."

To her, Sage had offered a hand and a kind smile, hoping to make the feline female more comfortable with his presence:

"Here, need help getting back up? I promise that I don't bite."

tF4UpEX.jpg
Current Position- Reception Location- Lobby Mentions- Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Captain Sweatpants Captain Sweatpants

Fetch tilted his head when the man denied his help, listening to what he had to say before straightening up and regaining his cheery smile. 'Alright~' He giggled and wagged his tail, holding his paws behind his back. 'If you two need anything, don't be afraid to ask~!' He walked over to the front desk with a spring in his step, holding in his excitement in front of the desks long enough to dive behind the desk and sniff around, eventually peeking his curious wet nose over the desktop and catching the eye of the call bell on the guest's side of the desk. He glanced around and reached out, poking the little metal piece on the top and being rewarded with a satisfying ding~!
He held his paws to his mouth and giggled before standing up and looking over the information on the guests currently checked into the hotel. There seemed to have been a large influx of them while he was gone, and most of them were still here! He wiggled excitedly and glanced over at the bell, tempted to boop it again for the satisfaction of it's consistent sound, but that would have to wait.
He smelled the air, different scents from different things were dispersed throughout. The smell of food, of patrons, and of liquor wafted through, just out of the range of most creatures' sense of smell. The retriever couldn't wait to meet some- all of these people and make sure they had fun! He pushed his hands against his cheeks and squealed in excitement.
Boy was he glad to be back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back