• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Syndicated Revived - An Organized Crime RP

It'll take me a little while to get anything up tonight, but I'm really considering trying for a leader role. If I feel my writing's up to something that ambitious today, anyway :P

It'll take me a little while to get anything up tonight, but I'm really considering trying for a leader role. If I feel my writing's up to something that ambitious today, anyway :P
Awesome! There are 3 leader roles left, with the only one taken being the Irish

Here's the list of roles and if they're taken or open

The Italians:
Leader: Open​
Lieutenant: Open​
Others (3): 1 Taken, 2 Open​
The Iron Tundra:
Leader: Taken​
Lieutenant: Taken​
The Irish:
Leader: Taken​
Lieutenant: Taken​
The Yakuza:
Leader: Open​
Lieutenant: Open​
Others (3): Open​
Cops (4): 1 Taken, 3 Open

Civilians (4): 1 Taken, 3 Open

Others (3) (not belonging to and specific group but also not a civilian): 1 Taken, 2 Open

Last edited:
I think I forgot to mention that more than one character is allowed, in fact it's encouraged (but not required) that you have at least 2 characters so that you get to interact with more people in the RP

If anyone wants me to make their character's sibling or any character with a predetermined relationship let me know because I want a second but have no ideas.

If anyone wants me to make their character's sibling or any character with a predetermined relationship let me know because I want a second but have no ideas.
My Monroe-esque character actually has a sister that she threw under the bus in pursuit of fame! I'm finishing up her CS with the rest of the details, but it could be interesting to see the sister reappear in her life

Hmm...I was going to work on a CS for a detective, but it appears that we have a lot of law enforcement already. Maybe a politician? 🤔

I think a politician would be super interesting to see!

Excellent!

I'm thinking possibly either the mayor or district attorney could work in this case? Perhaps my character was introduced to one of the mob families through his mistress – he is a politician, after all. This particular connection helped him to achieve enough votes to win the election (voter fraud?), and in exchange for their support, he is now indebted to them. From there, things start to escalate. For example, maybe he intervenes in cases where members are doing time with the department of corrections by transferring them to more favorable facilities or even securing their outright release (when it doesn't draw too much attention). He will also occasionally supply tips about raids and police surveillance, while turning a blind eye to most of their operations.

Now, whether he is actually content with this agreement will be another matter entirely. But I suppose if it keeps him in power, anything can happen. :xFwink:

This is really interesting to me, but my character doesn't really fit into any of the descriptions. He's the son of a leader, bit of a rebel though. I don't know if that's something that would have to be discussed or applied for, but if it sounds good, I'll definitely join.

This is really interesting to me, but my character doesn't really fit into any of the descriptions. He's the son of a leader, bit of a rebel though. I don't know if that's something that would have to be discussed or applied for, but if it sounds good, I'll definitely join.
Purely out of curiosity, do you only have one character that you enter into roleplays? I've heard that some people do that, but I've yet to see it for myself.

Either way, I'm sure it'll work out. We'll see what coach says.

Purely out of curiosity, do you only have one character that you enter into roleplays? I've heard that some people do that, but I've yet to see it for myself.

Either way, I'm sure it'll work out. We'll see what coach says.
no definitely not, but he's my go-to for crime rps. i'm probably going to end up submitting more than one character for this even if he doesn't work out

I'm thinking possibly either the mayor or district attorney could work in this case? Perhaps my character was introduced to one of the mob families through his mistress – he is a politician, after all. This particular connection helped him to achieve enough votes to win the election (voter fraud?), and in exchange for their support, he is now indebted to them. From there, things start to escalate. For example, maybe he intervenes in cases where members are doing time with the department of corrections by transferring them to more favorable facilities or even securing their outright release (when it doesn't draw too much attention). He will also occasionally supply tips about raids and police surveillance, while turning a blind eye to most of their operations.

Now, whether he is actually content with this agreement will be another matter entirely. But I suppose if it keeps him in power, anything can happen. :xFwink:
He could've had an affair with Gloria Goldie (the crooked Monroe of the RP) and be roped in with the Antonelllis!

He could've had an affair with Gloria Goldie (the crooked Monroe of the RP) and be roped in with the Antonelllis!

Ooo...yes, that's very true. Two high-profile personalities coming together? That actually fits together quite nicely. I would totally be down for that.

I've got a Civilian and an Other for you, though I'm not sure yet if their a gun-for-hire or a hit-man for the yakuza. Leaning towards the former though.

CoachA CoachA
Belated-ass question, but since I finally thought about it:
Is this going to be in a certain classical-noir time period (20s, 30s, 40s, 50s), or are we doing something more Gotham-esque Anachronistic?

More Gotham-esque, I don't know what that last word means but I think I get it

mixed timeline themes. Car from the 50s, but folk have cell phones and lap tops.

Think Sin City, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back