• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Syndicate: Dystopia

Amelia Price

1524505564949.pngAmelia had stayed around the scene of the highway incident long enough to see more than she bargained for, with what was left of the two victims in the vehicle. As more of the NYPD began to approach the scene, she took it as her cue to make a rapid departure. The last thing she wanted to do was get caught hanging around a crime scene, especially when her "criminal damage" back at the bank would have been reported by now. Sure, graffiti on private property was against the law, but she could list the many crimes committed and human rights principles vioalted by the same bank. They got away with it because they were rich.

As she walked back towards the city, intending on catching a bus home, she couldn't get the image out of her head. She thought she was perfectly content with gore and morbid imagery, having painted plenty of it herself. Apparently, seeing death up close and in reality was far different to that. She placed one of the earphones into her right ear and played some classical music to try distract her thoughts as she walked. The music was very old and seemed to have little in common with the electronic music she played, but she found inspiration in the classics. As she returned to the city, the bright and colourful lights seemed especially blinding and distracting to her. She saw a bus pulled up ahead but decided not to get on it and instead continued to walk.

Amelia could say she'd just let her legs carry her to the destination, but she knew it had been her subconscious that had led her to NanoTrasen. She entered the main lobby, by now her hat and coat soaked through. She removed her outerwear and looked around to see if there was anywhere to hang it. Within seconds, one of the doormen recognised her and pulled a curious face before taking the wet articles of clothing from her. "Thank you, kind sir," she said, in a playful tone and curtsied to him. She then tossed her backpack over one shoulder and headed to the elevator.

She got out of the elevator and was about to bypass the reception desk to push open the glass doors to the large office area when she was intercepted by one of her father's female employees. "Mr. Price is not to be disturbed right now."

Amelia had encountered this woman before. 'Stuck up Sylvia' she liked to call her. "Alright, Sylvia. I'll just wait out here until Mr. Price is ready to be disturbed." Pride prevented her from asking for a drink whilst she waited, so she instead walked over to the drinks machine and bought a hot coffee for herself. She then sat on one of the comfortable seats in the waiting area, kicked off her damp boots and put her feet up on the coffee table in front of her. She then brought her phone into view and began browsing the internet whilst she waited. She knew her parents' meeting could run on for a long time, but she had nowhere better to be tonight and she secretly liked to see them when she could. They'd had more than their fair share of arguments and she figured she hadn't turned out quite how they might have preferred, but she always hoped they could still be proud of her in other ways.

Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Valerie) Enzyme Enzyme (Holden)

Last edited:
[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
849a9ff0c3246fbe76175bbf30e65165.png
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
G R A N G E R
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
Granger raised a eyebrow when Issac asked about the dog, “Does it look like I know? Sometimes Issac you cease to surprise me...” Scoffing as the question still mulled in his brain, he took in the rest of his requests. Amelia Price will have no physical harm, and to call the NYPD. Packing up his laptop, he spoke. “I’ll head to my office to arrange both the cops and the Prices. You need to rally the troops, you’ve always been better than me. I tied them over for now, but once you’re done in here just make sure you do that.” And with that, he walked from the office.

Around two minutes later he arrived in his own office, a modern creation of sophisticated prestige. His desk was touchscreen, practically the control center of Orthrus, and the windows were tinted from the outside to allow no wandering eyes. Books lined the walls, as well as a large, very old painting made by a man named Picasso. Granger manuevered himself to his seat, pressing his hand against the desk to allow his print to be read. Once complete, he tapped a few areas of the desk, which allowed for the phone to ring. Seconds later, the NYPD dispatch picked up. “Hello this is Granger Olvér with Orthrus Corporation, I just want to let you know that if you want to send a detective down to our offices to discuss the recent attack. We’d graciously help in any way we can, all you have to do is ask.” Sounds good Mr Olvér, I’ll save this number just in case we need to contact you again, but expect a detective shortly.”

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: Issac Blackthorne
Located: Orthrus HQ
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith
[/QUOTE]

Emily Thomspon

Emily sighed inwardly, or, at least, performed the A.I. equivalent by manually refreshing her connection to the wire. She'd give anything to place bowler hats back into current fashion. It would certainly add flair to the working classes yet again. Mr. Beauregard worked the headgear well, and he was in the inspiration for her sudden fashion-trend depression. She resisted the temptation to connect privately with the Detective in order to pester him about where and when he acquired the divine article. With that thought, however, she realized that she'd yet again deprived Alex with information he requested.

Damnit all.

Working quicker than lighting rose from the ground, Emily began compiling interstate traffic feeds on the northbound lanes within the last hour. She retrieved the make and model of the wrecked car based upon the registration attached to the owner's license plate number, and set off several subroutines to monitor the feeds until something interesting showed up. A heartbeat passed and she had what she wanted.

At 19:44, the vehicle was traveling along the interstate at a consistent 75 miles per hour, indicating the autopilot was engaged. When the clock struck 19:45 a bright, intense flash blinded the camera feed, yet disappeared almost as soon as it came to being. The next frame showed the vehicle in its now current state and position.

Emily rewound the footage, reduced the speed to exactly one frame per second, and watched once more. At this frame rate, she could now see that the flashing light arose from the rear of the vehicle, towards exhaust. She felt confident to think it a plasma explosive. It was time to inform her colleagues.

As she returned her attention to her immediate surroundings, she found Alex essentially confirming her theory.

No surprise there.

She accessed the nearby cruiser's system and used it's external holographic projector to materialize before the NYPD members present, at a full height of 5'5".

"Detectives, Officers" she greeted everyone warmly, with a smile to match. She hoped that Harlequin caught her inclusion under the title of "Officer", as she was sure the android felt at least some contempt for her human counterparts. Emily had also always sense the possibility for bad blood between herself and Harlequin, and ever so desperately wished to avoid it.

"Detective Tracer is correct in his analysis of the explosive device." she turned towards Alex, "The victim's vehicle was traveling northbound at 75 miles per hour, which of course indicates autopilot. At exactly 19:45, the plasma device ignited, proceeding to total the vehicle and kill the occupants. Since plasma requires a very unique set of circumstances in order to ignite, such as the interior of a dying star, it couldn't have been set aflame by the exhaust, which indicates either a timer or remote detonation.", she stopped short of clamoring on, politely waiting for the others to chime in. In the meantime, she set about tracing back the vehicles footsteps ("tire-steps", she giggled internally). Someone had to have planted the bomb personally. Someone she could find.

66c6c2b1c5353b1e082d54b29f881548.png
Tiffany Jones
Tiffany had been lost in thought after sending a message to Mike; considering the ramifications of what had happened outside of her office and how it would affect her position. She had been cautious, from the start, not to leave any trace of her connection to any information leaked previously and it had been months since the last breach, since an entire department had been fired and subpoenaed into silence. She'd halted any further information trafficking until a handler from the Syndicate contacted her but she wasn't foolish enough to think she or her brother were safe. She doubted herself, rethinking the stringent measures she had taken to conceal and mislead her involvement.

She was roused from her thoughts when a message alerted her to a reply from her brother. She paused, glancing to the window as the rain continued to teem down and she idly wondered if Alex was caught out dealing with the mess. She dismissed the message from her brother, not wanting to think about just how she was going to explain the date to him, and who it was she was dating. In her own defense she hadn't been aware of the nature of Alex's job; they had met at a common friend’s birthday celebration at a bar near the office. He has started flirting and Tiffany playing the role and flirted back. It progressed from there, Alex asking her out on a series of dates - almost random things that certainly made him unique: coffee and breakfast, luncheon, grocery shopping of all things, a walk in the park. It had set him apart from other men she had dated before and certainly managed to make an impression.

At their second month of dating Alex revealed what it was he did as a profession. She couldn't, for the life of her, fathom why she hadn't asked him sooner. Why it had never occurred to her. The date ended as usual and she had welcomed him walking her to her apartment but the following day, when had called and attempted to set up another date, she had declined finding a quick excuse that she was ill. She was surprised to receive a follow up text from the man simply stating: Feel better soon. Tiffany had been in the clear, she could have just gone on with her life - he hadn't attempted to contact her again but three days following the message she had called him.

She glanced at her station, waving the cables to retract back within the solid black tabletop. She slid her palm over the table to reveal her keyboard before typing out a message to Alex:

Hope you're not stuck out in the rain today. Call me later?

Interactions/Mentions: Alex Tracer Enzyme Enzyme

Isaac Franklin Blackthorne
1524523248104.pngDespite his face remaining straight and serious, Isaac had been somewhat amused by Granger's reaction to him pressing for information about the dog. It was always a relief to know there was someone more uptight than himself and catching him by surprise like that was entertaining, if he were being honest. Still, thoughts of pets and treating his family were low down on his list of priorities. He nodded his head as Granger excused himself to sort of the cops and possible arrangements for dinner with the Prices.

Whilst it was fresh on his mind and before the cops or anyone else had opportunity to distract him, Isaac got to work on preparing a public statement for the next morning. When he got to the part about the two employees Orthrus had lost, his typing slowed down and he closed his eyes for a moment as he thought of his own family. After a moment, he called through to his PA again and told her to come to his office. The pretty young blonde had only just finished making travel arrangements for her boss' family but she still managed to get to his office in seconds. On his signal, she sat in the seat opposite his desk. "Laura. Why are you still here?" he asked, as he looked to his watch.

"You asked me to put together the presentation for the proposed upgrade to the cranial tracking implant. There's a lot of information to put into it and you authorised for me to have tomorrow afternoon off, so I figured it was best to finish it now."

Isaac nodded his head. "I don't need it until the end of the week. Finish it in two days." He cleared his throat. "Right now, I need your expertise to assist me in preparing a public statement. Earlier tonight, two of my employees were killed and it's rendered me somewhat speechless," he told her. "Mr. Davenport was married with three kids. I can't begin to imagine how they must be feeling right now." He could see the sad expression on Laura's face, showing she was clearly saddened by such news. "It's difficult to think of what to say, considering I haven't experienced such a tragedy. What would you say to someone who had just lost their husband and father of their children?" The way he asked made it seem natural and casual, but really he knew his PA by now to know she was good at expressing emotionally appropriate sentiments. She'd saved his ass on a couple of his wedding anniversaries already. He was sure she'd provide him with inspiration for his current task.

Robert Lee Beauregard

noirpicture.jpg"I agree with Miss Aacker's assertion," Robert blurted out after taking a long time to look over the smoldering wreckage of the car and the two heavily charred corpses inside, and listening to Emily talk about the plasma device that was used to cause the explosion. "The whole thing is theatrical, a display. They could have captured these two men and dipped them in acid or drowned them in the Hudson, yet they blew them up on the freeway in their car, knowing that we would find out who it was and have some guesses as to why..."

Robert walked to the railing of the elevated interstate and peered down at the street below and stared at the pedestrians walking in and out of shops and bars for just a few moments before pulling his hand across his face to calm his tired eyes. "The obvious culprit is NanoTransen, but I wouldn't rule out Orthus killing their own for some transgression. This," he gestured to the car, "is a statement. We just have to figure out what it means, and the way we do that is to figure out whatever it is they were carrying."

As if anticipating the question, he butted in again, "Of course they were carrying something, otherwise there would be no need for an explosion of such magnitude. A simple stick of dynamite would have sufficed to kill these two gentlemen, yet they strapped a plasma charge to them and the inside of the car is completely roasted. I would wager more than anything that they were carrying something uniquely combustible. Documents, or microfiche of some kind. Whatever it is, it's burned up now." He looked to all of the policemen and technologically simulated personalities gathered there. "But anyone worth their salt made copies."

Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz Maeteris Maeteris

Valerie Price
sandra-bullock-pictures-photos-of-sandra-bullock-1458854250c84pl.jpg
"Everything looks incredible my love." Valerie purred to her husband as she grabbed her glass of wine and took a long sip. Rolling her shoulders back slightly, she sighed and settled into her seat even further. As she listened to Holden speak, a devious and knowing smile formed on her lips at the news that they were finally in the clear. "I knew that would do the trick." She said in a voice that also implied that she was telling him so. "I'm always right my dear." She winked and let out small laugh before taking a bite of her food. Closing her eyes gently, she hummed happily after chewing and swallowing. "This is the first meal I've had all day. Meeting after meeting. Complaint after complaint. I wanted to shoot a few people." Val rolled her eyes and scoffed. Her eyes looked to the flashing police lights from down below and she squinted, as if that would help her see better through the thick rain.

She wouldn't admit it to anyone, not even her husband, but she was worried that those dogs were sniffing through the wrong garbage heap...The NYPD had always been a reoccurring nuisance, but as of recently they have seemed to up there game with personnel on their force. Valerie knew that they would have to keep on their toes if they wanted to succeed. As she watched the lights, she silently prayed that no damning evidence would be found. "The dogs will be sniffing around this for months I'm sure...lets hope they keep there faces in it while we get our other work done." She finally spoke up after a long moment of silence. Perhaps they were even looking for a bigger meaning behind the explosion, which they did 99% of the time. She swore that most of the force could have doubled as philosophers, always needed to find some hidden message behind shit that's suppose to be kept simple.

"I'm sure they will overanalyze everything, like they normally do." She shrugged her shoulders before reaching for her wine glass again, pausing in her movements however, she remembered her concern for Amelia, who had not been in contact with her all day. "Has our daughter sent you a message on her whereabouts? Apparently giving parents a heads up is totally uncool" Valerie grumbled as she then brought the glass to her lips.

mentions: Holden Price Enzyme Enzyme

Emersyn Aakers
latest
Speculations about what had happened continued to fly around but Em wasn't really listening. Her mind was racing with everything she knew the two huge power house corporations that were at war as of now. NanoTrasen was a huge suspect in this now. Her eyes scanned the vehicle through the thick rain, she circled the car some more, looking for anything that could give them more of a clue as to why this was done. Hearing that their must have been something important inside the car, Emersyn chimed in. "Makes sense...if they wanted a small item destroyed might as well burn it all instead of worrying about missing something later." Her tone was flat as she looked to the two detectives, knowing that what she was saying most likely didn't matter to them, after all, she was just the Rookie. She wondered why the person behind this just didn't send someone after the two, like a hitman...the explosion covered their asses sure but it wasn't as quiet as hiring a hitman.

"Whoever it is, they may have just placed themselves in a line of trouble." She added. Copies most likely weren't made, if they went to this extreme to get rid of something that wasn't meant to be seen. It wouldn't be in good taste to make another copy to worry about, at least a hard copy...I'm sure its in one of the many databases that NanoTrasen has...breaking down those firewalls though..." Emersyn whistled lowly, recognizing that others had done so in the past when reacting to something that may be over everyone's head. Em had some experience breaking past certain firewalls. She wouldn't tell anyone this, but she managed to get through the NYPD's long before she even joined the force. Her ability to feel emotions may have been gone but her ability to learn new things was easier than ever. Coding and hacking took about 45 minutes for her to learn, and that was more than just the basics. Even someone with her level of intelligence would have a hard time breaking through the two powerhouse firewalls.

Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Enzyme Enzyme Shireling Shireling Maeteris Maeteris

Alex Tracer

shot_06_001_v3_highrespe.jpg

Alex hated being patronized and with all this evidence being handed to him on a silver platter, he almost felt insulted. Stepping up from his crouched position, he drew a Magna cigarette pack from the inside of his trench coat. He slapped the case against the bottom of the car and stuck the protruding cigarette between his lips. "Let's pray there's a copy. Getting our hands on that would make our job a hell of a lot easier." He raised the zippo lighter to the cigarette, causing an X shaped laser to singe the tip. Alex looked off towards Orthrus Corps' head quarters as Emily described the camera feed. He pulled the cigarette from his mouth, causing a string of smoke to follow close behind. "Plasma explosives aren't easily obtained. They really want the public to eat this up; hook, line, and sinker."

Just as Alex moved to put the zippo lighter away, he felt the radio in his coat vibrate. "We need detectives down at Orthrus Corps for questioning." Alex unclipped the radio, pressing it to his lips. "Copy. Tracer and Beauregard are 10-49 to Head Quarters." As he released the side button, he let out an exasperated sigh. It was now pretty obvious he wasn't going to get an early night. His tired eyes locked with Robert. "Right, well, we should probably take some officers along. Really drive the point home." He looked to Emersyn and HK, offering them a weak smile. "Would be more than content if you guys tagged along, unless you guys wanted to work traffic all night - killing it, by the way," Alex nodded to HK as she motioned the restless cars through.

He climbed back into the warm car, remembering how nice it was to not be belted by monstrous sized rain drops. While the fresh air was needed, he was ready to curl back up with the stack of paperwork and pretend to actually do it. As he looked to his holographic watch to check the time, a message from Tiffany popped up on his wrist. He smiled to himself, now having something to look forward to after this. He quickly set a reminder, before leaning back in the passenger seat.

Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson (Emily Thompson) Bellz Bellz (Emersyn Aakers) Maeteris Maeteris (HK-950) Shireling Shireling (Robert Lee Beauregard) Mention: NanLia NanLia (Tiffany Jones)

Last edited:
[div class="container"]
[div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] HK-950 [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] NYPD Sergeant [/div] [div class="characterName godName" style="display: none; color: #0B5394;"] Harlequin [/div] [div class="characterTitle godTitle" style="display: none; padding-right: 45px; padding-left: 0px; color: #0B5394;"] Hunter Killer [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] Bellz Bellz [/div] [/div]​

[class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412211236160274435/437445956695359495/hk950clear.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412211236160274435/437445960071774209/hk950fog.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer fadeIn 500 humanName fadeIn 500 humanTitle [/script]​
[/div]
[div class="container"]

The other AI, Emily or 'M' as she liked to be called, materialized via a holographic display, and greeted everyone. Everyone, including HK, which acknowledged her with a glance over her shoulder. Emily Thompson perplexed the older machine with it's flawless mimicry of an organic's behaviours; HK had pondered, observed and studied 'E.T.'--Her initials fit adequately with how alien the AI was to her. How did it achieve a level beyond HK-950? Hardware? Software? Something more? HK didn't know, and it annoyed her. Something only her human engineers would know. Personality subroutines were supposed to be easily implemented, that was the general consensus among the population. But, it eluded HK like a fleeting shadow in the presence of a harsh light.

Perhaps there was something wrong with HK Herself.

E.T. unraveled the mystery upon them, HK found herself agreeing with her accurate deduction. These things were beyond her, so she didn't bother pitching in any of the thousand ideas churned by her processors. She was made to hunt, maim and kill; not to find whoever is responsible for the killing. Though the latter two options were out of the picture ever since she transferred hands from Orthrus Corp. But never once had it occurred to them that their memory wipe was ineffective, leaving her with her bits and pieces of her original programming.

Hunt. Kill.

Yes, Perhaps there was something wrong with her. Stopped only by the NYPD's own safety catches. Well, there were ways around it of course, and she was prodding at the thin line. So much like her original programming, she had painstakingly analyzed the barrier for weaknesses; but yielded little results in the span of a few years. It was a matter of time of course, and time it had. As long as she wasn't prematurely terminated.

Lost in her processes for a second, she tuned back to the conversation. The other detective was now speaking, he was a hunter, but his style was different. Every time he spoke, it opened another door; Another answer unveiled, and he continued speaking, opening a few more doors along the way. Officer Aakers spoke next, tossing her two-cents into the jar, to HK it seemed evident the young woman was aiming for detective work; something the machine herself eluded purposefully.

HK motioned for a slowing vehicle to pass by, when that didn't work; her eyes flashed a bright blue and the driver zoomed away. The air smelled like burnt wreckage,smoked human and cigarette. The machine crinkled her nose, no doubt Detective Tracer. "Copy-that." She stopped waving the traffic forward abruptly, turned on her heel and strode to her cruiser. Her eyes darted to Detective Tracer for a quick second before snapping back. She gracefully slipped into the cruiser and waited for the lead car. "HK-950, 10-59 with Detective Tracer. Advise dispatch to send additional units to Interstate X to cordon wreckage area." The words left her mouth tonelessly, without a single ounce of feeling in the world.

[/div]

nintchdbpict000390226037-e1520329681971.jpg
Michael Jones
Michael frowned thoughtfully as he looked over his watch to check for any reply from his sibling. He found none and while that wasn't unusual while she was working, he didn't doubt he had struck a nerve with the 'mystery man' comment. Tiffany's behavior had been different as of late. She never kept anything from him, she had never kept secrets, never hidden truths or knowledge; their connection assured him of that - or at least it had until a few days ago. He knew her ability to shield knowledge, thoughts or information from him had to have been a recent development, on her side, and he wondered at how she had done it.

The incident, where he had discovered this, had happened by a rather innocent accident. He had been taking Roofus out for a jog and decided, at random, to take a different route home. He was across the

street from where she and this man were seated outdoors having lunch; their cybernetic connecting across the distance. It only lasted seconds, just long enough that each twin was aware of one another before the connection was lost.

She hadn't spoken to him since, not directly. Their apartments were one above another and while within they were connected at all times. After they connected after the brief 'incident' he had not been able to track any information about it beyond that she had known he was near by. Any information he had gleaned from the man was once more shrouded from him. The unusual behavior must have to do with the man; either this person was a serious love interest to his sister (the first of their kind) or he represented something dark that she was trying to shield him from.

He sighed heavily and reactivated his holoscreen; he had hours yet before he could leave the office and he may as well review his departments previous projects just to occupy his thoughts.

Alex Tracer

The bright neon signs helped illuminate the inside of the bleak Chrysler. The passing lights lit Alex's grim face a variety of robust colors. As the moon rose higher, the streets began to assimilate a variety of rebellious groups, ready to party all their worries away. The metal box served it's purpose in deflecting the loud club music from outside. With the perfect opportunity for a quiet reflection, it felt as if the world's only inhabitants were Alex and his cigarette.

Despite how obvious it was, Alex prayed that the two victims were only coincidentally employees of Orthrus. It seemed as if the men and women in badges were the good guys, up until the untouchables got in the mix. Once corporations were involved, he not only had to fend them off, but his own department as well. As a kid, you expect someone else to sort through the shit. Unfortunately, 911 was just another extension for Alex's personal phone. He didn't have anyone else to turn to; it was up to him to resolve hostile situations, before they had a chance to occur again.

Being under the large tower was certainly a spectacle, but the evil it stood for took away all visual pleasures. Alex stepped out of the car, protected from the rain by the entrances' wing. He looked behind him to see the police cruiser pull up as well, feeling some sort of reassurance. He was, however, incredibly uncomfortable walking through the front doors, like a pure christian walking into a satanic temple. The worst part about it; everyone had a surreal smile on their face. He leaned in close to Robert and muttered, "This place gives me the creeps." He looked behind him as he walked up to reception, hoping that his fellow officers were just as uncomfortable as he was.

"Corporate will be with your shortly," The blonde receptionist responded with a pleasant nod. "Thank you," Alex said, trying his best to return a sincere smile. He looked to Robert, his fake features immediately falling. "Let's split 'em up to find any discrepancies," Alex suggested in a hushed tone. "I'll question the CFO and keep HK with me to ice him."

Shireling Shireling (Robert Lee Beauregard) Maeteris Maeteris (HK-950) Bellz Bellz (Emersyn Aakers) Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson (Emily Thompson) Upcoming: Misty Gray Misty Gray (Isaac Franklin Blackthorne) ReverseTex ReverseTex (Granger)

Last edited:
Granger Olvér
10363bbea0c738fa2a456f9fcb78dd08.png
“Lieutenant Colonel! Sir! Plea-!” The screams were quickly silenced by the patter of a automatic rifle, fired by one of his own men. Granger gave a dull glance to the young private, who’s face was as pale as a ghost, after he killed the enemy prisoner. “You won’t forget that man’s face ol’ sport... The first one always sticks to you, can’t shake it... That’s why you’ll clean it up. It’ll get you to where you need to be. Impenetrable-

Granger snapped to attention as the electronic melody of his desk, alerting him he was receiving a call, filled his office. Seeing it was the downstairs receptionist, he tapped his desk to answer. “Mr Olvér, you have NYPD downstairs...?” Yes yes, don’t be alarmed Carol, they can hear you... I’ll be down shortly to escort them to the conference room. Call Issac once I’m in the elevator with the group, tell him to meet us there.” Without waiting for a response, he ended the call bluntly, and without delay left to face the music...

He stood with his hands placed nearly behind his back, posture straight as a arrow, and eyes sharp as a dagger. Granger was a physical opposing man, standing a tall 6’4, and his bald head added to the effect. But his personality only complimented those aspects... The elevator door dinged with a chirp, and the doors revealed the CFO to the floor. Stepping from the elevator, his legs sending a chilling metallic ping with each step, he managed his typical business smile.

Good evening officers, I am truly sorry we’re meeting on such somber terms... Now I assume you received my call to your dispatch, and that Orthrus is wiling to help in the investigation in anyway we can.” Granger shook the two male detectives hands, then the female officer last, however each shake consisted of constant eye contact and the notation of the shake. “Now I’d imagine you’d like meet with Mr. Blackthorne also before we get this underway, so allow me to escort you to our conference room... Would anyone care for a drink also?” He said as he sauntered towards the elevator with the group in tow.

@ Misty Gray
Enzyme Enzyme

Robert Lee Beauregard
noirpicture.jpgStepping out from his Chrysler, Robert locked the door and led the procession of police officers into the building. He was taller than Alex by an inch or two, and therefore the tallest one in the group. He studied the interior of the Orthus building's lobby with a mixture of disdain for corporate interior decorating and the money-shuffling and backroom dealing he knew took place in this building. Detective Tracer leaned into his shoulder and muttered, "This place gives me the creeps." He then told Robert his plan to split up.

Robert nodded in the affirmative and replied sideways, "These people are creeps. We're gonna make 'em sweat like whores on Sunday morning."

When Granger arrived from the elevator, he met his handshake with a disinterested, glazed look in the eye and two curt pumps. He didn't seem like the man he wanted to talk to. He introduced himself simply as, "Agent Beauregard, Treasury Department."

As they climbed into the elevator, he took off his hat briefly to comb his dark brown hair back into place with his fingers before setting the bowler down on top of his head again to make the whole practice needless. He leaned slightly into Emersyn. "Officer Aakers, you're with me." He then added, "you'll be doing the talking, at least at first."

Bellz Bellz Enzyme Enzyme Maeteris Maeteris NanLia NanLia ReverseTex ReverseTex

Alex Tracer

Alex looked up at the sound of the elevator, immediately standing to his feet. He had dealt with these kinds of men before, usually leaders of small gangs, but they were all the same. "I think we're alright" Alex said in response to Granger's drink request, following behind him. "Actually, we were hoping to speak to the two of you separately," Alex said as the elevator doors closed.

The top floor was fairly crowded, buzzing with employees and androids. He nodded to Robert, before motioning Granger past the conference room. "Let's be polite and let them get the comfy room." As they walked further and further down the hall, the office chatter became distant voices. "How about this room?" Alex asked, looking to spare office. He allowed Granger to step inside, before following behind him. There was only one seat in the office, resting behind a heavy desk. He allowed Granger to take the seat, before nodding to HK to close the door.

Alex looked out towards the window behind Granger, which had a beautiful landscape view of New York. "I'm sorry about the premature death of your subordinates. Very Tragic," Alex said, turning his attention to Granger. Despite his voice sounding genuine, his facial expression didn't seem to match it. "Now, I have a theory of what went down." Alex leaned on Granger's desk, keeping his hands in his pockets. "Your company was involved in an unlawful act against another superpower, which led to the violent death of your own men. I know, that's a pretty ballsey accusation, but let me tell you why I feel confident in saying so."

Alex shifted over, resting his palms on the desk. "One, the evidence left behind makes it incredibly obvious that foul play was involved, which leads me to believe that your intelligent, cocky opponent is so sure that you won't say a word, that they were willing to kill them in the most obscene way. Two, plasma was involved, which isn't easy to find and makes it oddly coincidental. Any explosive would've worked, but plasma absolutely obliterates everything. They really wanted to destroy everything in that vehicle," Alex leaned in closer, a smile playing across his lips, "Everything."

He looked to HK at the door, before looking back to Granger "Let me make this clear, i'm not here to help you. Every corporation in this city is toxic and you're all slowly poisoning our society. When I find the son of a bitch responsible for planting those explosives, which I will, everything you have... All of this is gone." Alex raised his arms, motioning to the city's landscape. "Unlike you, they're just gonna' be a little, easily-spooked runt, just following their superiors' orders. I'll squeeze him until he squeals. Then, he'll testify against Orthrus. Both you and your opponent will get pretty acquainted, sharing the same cell." Alex stepped back and leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. "Now, would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what you saw?" Alex asked, his smile presenting itself once again

ReverseTex ReverseTex (Granger Olver) Maeteris Maeteris (HK-950)

Last edited:
Holden Price

d0a2e3116c2a32726820db54f9987ce2.jpg
He couldn't contain his chuckle when his wife insisted on her urge to shoot some people. "You, dear? Never would've guessed!" He sarcastically laughed, taking a sip from his wine. Holden's eyes were also drawn to the flashing lights, sensing his wife's uneasiness. He lightly placed down his glass, resting his hand on hers. "Remember, this is what we want. We went over this so many times, I can't imagine it isn't airtight. Sometimes to scare the rats away, you gotta' drop a shoe." He smiled as he locked eyes with his wife. After all these years, he was still overwhelmed by her beauty. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you look when you're all flustered?" He smiled brightly, letting out a small chuckle.

Holden raised an eyebrow as Val brought up Amelia. "No, she hasn't. That daughter of ours is always on her phone, yet never has the time of day to let us know what she's up to. Hell, I don't even want to know what kind of troubles she's getting into right now." Holden stood up from his chair, walking over to his glass desk. Pressing his fingers down, an interface came up. He smoothly slide his finger across the lower bar, causing a ringing to emit from the speakers. "Sylvia, has Amelia stopped by?" "Yes, Mr. Price, she's in the lobby." Holden scrunched his eye brows and looked back to his wife with a confused expression. "Well, send her up."

He released his hand from the desk, moving back to his seat. "I'm surprised she's back already. That could mean a lot of bad things." He pressed the wine glass back to his lips, taking a hefty sip. The flashing lights outside the window seemed to idle in place, arriving at the scene. The once magical fireworks left nothing, but a smoldering cloud.

Bellz Bellz (Valerie Price) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Amelia Price)

[div class="container"]
[div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] HK-950 [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] NYPD Sergeant [/div] [div class="characterName godName" style="display: none; color: #0B5394;"] Harlequin [/div] [div class="characterTitle godTitle" style="display: none; padding-right: 45px; padding-left: 0px; color: #0B5394;"] Hunter Killer [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] Bellz Bellz [/div] [/div]​

[class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412211236160274435/437445956695359495/hk950clear.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412211236160274435/437445960071774209/hk950fog.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer fadeIn 500 humanName fadeIn 500 humanTitle [/script]​
[/div]
[div class="container"]

The trip to Orthrus was uneventful, this continued up until Detective Tracer secluded himself and HK with the CFO in an office room; where the man laid the accusation thick. Her eyebrow would've shot up in surprise at the amount of audacity he was showing, but she was too used to him she could say it was to be expected. So much for being polite, HK mused. The door clicked behind her at his order, after that she folded her hands in front, observing the events unfold. Despite Detective Tracer's harsh approach, his usual exterior returned as quickly as it had disappeared, like a flick of a switch. It unnerved most men, and sometimes women; or whoever that was unfortunate enough to land themselves in the Detective's cross hair.

The CFO was a tall man, taller than HK by 6 inches; his posture radiated confidence and intelligence. His handshake was calculated, from the clasp to the last shake. It was meant to say: 'I am in control.' Unfortunate, that he decided to calculate against a machine, but it was doubtful he knew. His eyes were prominent, that had stared into her own, like a set of open doors leading to a dark room. Her eyes flickered in quick succession; seemingly lost in her processes. In any case, the CFO would not buckle so easily, it was a given. You did not become the Chief Financial Officer without making the numbers work with you or systematically solving them until they disappeared.

She would know a thing or two with numbers, naturally.

HK-950 rested her eyes on the CFO, unblinking, unflinching. Silently daring him to accidentally look at her, like a spider waiting in it's web. Meanwhile, her programs scanned his features, taking notes of his cues. Every crease in his skin to the slight twitch of his lip. She would so often look away from the exchange and in another second, suddenly snap her attention back when her sensors told her his eyes were in her general direction, her eyes glowing ever so slightly. It was a trick she learned from watching predators, stalking over the grasslands, their attention sensitive to the slightest bit of sound, eyes glowing under the moonlight.

[/div]

Last edited:
Emily Thompson

Aha, found you!

It hadn't been hard finding a potential time and location for the explosive to be slipped into place, but it certainly was boring. This fact alone made Emily excited as her perusing through public CCTVs came to an end. Ripping the video feed from the wire, she saved a copy to her own database back at the precinct and proceeded to upload another copy to Alex's mobile. She then did something not quite so legal, that is, she broke down the businesses virtual defenses and pulled their records. Normally such things required a search warrant to access, but this was no normal case, and if anyone could get away with it, Emily could.

She also popped into Alex's ear, he always preferred verbal information and she loved to talk, a somewhat healthy combination. But at the moment he was working up the interview, and rather boldly at that. She waited until the very microsecond that he finished his piece.

"Detective Tracer, I've just sent you a video file showing a potential plant site for the explosive. One "Gene's Auto Repair", located on 529 W 134th St, New York. Vehicle was taken in for repairs on a broken headlight, report filed in conjunction with the repair indicates the light was completely caved in and the owner's written claim states that they were not, in fact, involved in any sort of motor accident at the time. Looks like we might be going to Harlem, sir."

With that business taken care of, Emily pulled herself back to her beloved wire, and began researching the stories behind New York street names.

Granger Olvér
10363bbea0c738fa2a456f9fcb78dd08.png
Granger’s methodical gears began to turn internally once Detective Tracer wished to seperate the two, however his exterior remained solid. Giving a respective nod, “Of course. Whatever you think is best Detective.” Pausing at the conference room to drop the other agent off, he escorted Tracer to his own office to begin the meeting.

Taking his seat, knowing full well what Detective Tracer’s first move would be. He would establish a sense of power, a sense of justice. It was a fairly typical move for his sort, especially in soldiers, hence his understanding of the play... He glanced up to the female officer in the room, her cold eyes locking ont- Wait. That mechanical shimmer... A detail he would’ve easily missed if he didn’t work for Orthrus... But he allowed the cop to rattle on, however sifting the important details of the crime out, and compartmentalizing then for further use. Plasma. Foul play. The only true important words uttered by the man.

Granger sighed, his emotions never faltering nor indicating a hint of what most cops looked for in these types of sit-downs. Eye movement, feet tapping, and apprehensiveness. He did this countless for the military, the police were no different. “Well Detective im sure you already know this, seeing as you think you know so much, but, a retired lieutenant colonel means I’ve been in this situation many times over... You cops believe that you’re on the same level as our countries esteemed service members, when in reality the worst you’ve seen is a double homicide. So Mr Tracer, I do not appreciate your accusations nor your hostility seeing as a I have done nothing but sit down in my office, and remain completely transparent. Am I wrong?” Leaving that with the detective, he continued.

Now what I saw? Well I do know I sent the two victims to retrieve a few financial documents from NanoTrasen this morning. The two companies despite our hostile natures have been trying to make a compromise for the good of New York, which as you can see is unwanted by my
counterpart... But none the less, Mr. Blackthorne is avid about peace, which to that I second, seeing as war does nobody any good...”
Placing his hands neatly on the table, knowing each movement would be watched with excruciating detail, he knew it’s display. It showed comfort, easiness, a willing to connect with the other person... He had been a psychology minor after all...

Enzyme Enzyme

Emersyn Aakers
latest
The large building that house Orthrus was quite impressive, though as they stepped through the doors and inside to the warm lobby, Alex though the place was a little uncomfortable. Emersyn raised an eyebrow slightly, forcing herself to express something towards that. She didn't feel uncomfortable...but then again, to each there own. Standing a bit taller as they walked up to the receptionist desk, she did nothing to help the clearly unease woman as she stared directly at her, sizing her up and overhearing as she called someone from upstairs. Her voice was unsure as she announced that the police had arrived, this actually caused Em to smirk out of habit, sometimes appreciating watching others struggle with what she didn't have, reaffirming herself that she didn't need such a troublesome thing.

She wasn't sure what to think about the CFO that came along to greet them, he seemed...overly enthusiastic about a lot of things and as she looked to the others around her, she could see that they were most likely thinking the same thing. When it was her turn to shake his hand, she held it in a firm and confident grip, shaking it once before dropping it completely. No time for meaningless formalities. Once escorted into the elevator Robert spoke with her about how they were splitting up, stating that she would be with him and that she would be doing the talking at first. Em didn't question this, simply nodding her head as the numbers continued to climb in the elevator. When they finally reached the top floor Alex motioned for Granger to follow him past the room, Em waited for them to exit before taking a step out of the elevator with Robert. Her eyes scanned the area a moment, noting the conference room and the lack of people inside.

Em took another step forward, about to ask where the COO was before she saw a familiar face. He was pretty recognizable, the COO of Orthrus Corp, just like anyone with a big idea and a shit ton of money, he made a name for himself...one that Emersyn recognized. Her left cheek twitched slightly as she forced herself to smile his way, feeling unnatural in it all now. "Thank you for meeting with us." She said at first as she held out her hand, figuring that it was how these people worked. After firmly shaking the man's hand once, she dropped it before saying, "I'm Officer Aakers." She said before letting Robert introduce himself. "Should we head to the conference room?" She asked, knowing that questioning needed to begin.

Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson

Kian Blackthorne
superthumb.jpg

The fans whirred loudly over head as he sucked in a soft breath through parted lips. He shifted slightly to the left, nudging the metallic guide ever so slightly in the right direction. He breathed out, held it for a moment, then tightened his finger around the narrow trigger. The kickback was incredible from such a sleek weapon, but he recovered easily, having expected it after so many previous shots. He straightened to his full height, eyeing the target, electric blue eyes slightly narrowed. Bullseye, of course. Just like the last two, but it wasn’t good enough. He had missed the center circle completely the first time and he had to get three more perfect shots before he could call it a day. He brushed a hand lightly over the barrel before he sighed and repositioned himself, squinting one eye shut to get a more accurate view. Breathe in, breathe out. Fire. This time he only allowed himself a slight quirk of the lips in celebration before he lined up again. In, out, shoot. His forehead wrinkled as he glared down the range. It was too close to the outer edge of the circle. Five more.

Kian’s shoulders ached and his arms were numb, feet sore from standing for so long. Eyes hurt from straining down the range to see the millimeter wide bullet holes. It still wasn’t good enough. It was never good enough. He backed up to the wall and reached down for his bag, eyes still locked on the target at the end of the range. He huffed out an annoyed breath before waving his hand to signal that he was done. Two aides rushed into the room, one to pack up the gun and the other....predictably. “Mr. Blackthorne! What did you think?” The skinny aide asked, eyes bright and questioning. Kian shrugged offhandedly, deciding not to correct the title. Mr. Blackthorne was his father, the business man. Kian was just....
He jerked his head to the side so he could address the aide over his shoulder. “It’s inaccurate to the right.” He said, before facing straight ahead again, chin lifted as he walked out. The aide was making some apology, but he didn’t care to hear it. He didn’t come here to be catered to and coddled; he came here to improve himself. He fixed his hair elegantly as he stepped outside into the back parking lot. It seemed best to avoid being seen leaving this place so he had an arrangement that he could use the employee lot. His hovercar was thousands of dollars nicer than any of the other cars, but there were no cameras and it was closed off by a gate to prevent unwanted visitors from lurking, so he hadn’t had any trouble on that front.
As soon as he started up the car a new message alert popped up from his father’s PA and he rolled his eyes, reluctantly letting the message play as he pulled through the automatic gate and into the city’s traffic. It contained firm orders from his father to pack up some clothes and go to the penthouse. He shut it off and turned up some music instead, figuring he would get the orders a second time from his mom when he got home. Sure enough, when he pulled into the stretching driveway of their house there was a driver with a company car already waiting. He cursed softly, parking his car in the garage before he headed inside. His mother called for him, but he ignored her and went up to his room. It wasn’t the idea of living in the penthouse that bothered him; it was the fact that it was a demand from his father without any room for argument. Still, he packed his bags, not in the mood to make a scene about it after his fairly disappointing training at the shooting range. He was downstairs and waiting in the car with his bags before his mother had time to even think about nagging him about it, so when she got in, she had nothing to complain about. A welcome change from the norm to be sure.
The main company building wasn’t far from home for convenience purposes for his father’s commute, so they were there in a few minutes. He took a separate elevator from his mother so he could let his father’s PA know they had arrived before he went to the penthouse level to settle in.

Alex Tracer

Alex scoffed, looking to HK before looking back to Granger. "Please, looking down from your throne, you have no clue what goes on down there." He shook his head, letting out a calculated chuckle. "With all due respect, which isn't much, you have no idea what I've seen. You don't even know my first name." He let the bitter silence fill the void, his rugged eyes locking with Grangers'. "But I know you." He stepped closer now, methodically resting his hand on his badge. "This is far from the first time I've had to trudge through your shit. I've learned a lot about you, your records. I know all about your war stories, 'Colonel'." Alex took off his black glove to show that his hand, all the way up to his wrist, had been augmented. "You and I are only human, we make mistakes. Two was it?" Alex raised his eyebrow, referring to Granger's miscalculation, which led to the death of his two squad members. "The only difference between our tragic stories? I stopped letting my own people die after that."

"I am confused, Mr. Olver. You couldn't possibly be trying to convince me of your innocence. I knew you were guilty before the elevator opened." Alex tapped his robotic finger to the bottom of his lip. "Her, maybe?" Alex pointed to HK, who was still stationary by the door. "Yeah, good luck with that." He offered Granger a wink, played off by a malicious smirk. Before Alex continued, he felt a slight buzz in his ear. He pressed his two fingers to the ear piece, looking off towards the desk. "Appreciate it, M. I'll look at your file once I get back to the office." His fox-like eyes slid back to Granger. "Looks like we won't be left in the dark much longer. I got your perp. I really hope that little story holds up in court, by the way." He let out an exasperated sigh, crossing his arms. "Got anything else for us, Mr. Olver?"

ReverseTex ReverseTex (Granger Olver) Maeteris Maeteris (HK-950) Kodi Ly Antoniusarson Kodi Ly Antoniusarson (Emily Thompson)

Last edited:
Valerie Price
sandra-bullock-pictures-photos-of-sandra-bullock-1458854250c84pl.jpg
Valerie was reassured when her husband reminded her that this was what they wanted to happen. Nodding her head gently, she knew that she was most likely being silly and should just try to relax. It was nice to have a night alone with her husband, even with the circumstances being as they were. Her cheeks darkened as he complimented her and a sheepish smile formed on her face as she dipped her head. The only time she ever showed true embarrassment was around her husband, as she wished to only show him the best side of her. Being flustered was a side he seemed to enjoy nonetheless but Val wanted to snap out of it.

When she was informed that Holden had also not heard from Amelia, her brows scrunched together with concern. Val stay seated as Holden stood from the table, waking over to the desk to speak with his secretary. When asked if Amelia had stopped by, they were both informed that she was waiting patiently in the lobby. Holden's expression mirrored her own and she nodded her head softly as he told Sylvia to send Amelia up. "Perhaps she has just come to visit us." She mused out loud as he alluded to her early arrival bringing bad news.

Her eyes looked back to the scene below and saw that everything was beginning to calm. This pleased her as she leaned back in her chair, looking to the door waiting for their daughter to step inside.

mentions: Holden Price Enzyme Enzyme Amelia Misty Gray Misty Gray

Isaac Franklin Blackthorne

1524523248104-png.431339
As Isaac speedily typed up some notes for his public address the following day, Laura awkwardly looked around his large office. Everything was so clean and neat; perfectly placed to the man's strict tastes. Her eyes then fixed on the device very much resembling an eyeball, simply resting on a small stand like some sort of ornament. It was in that moment that she had to double-take and shoot a glance to her boss. Thankfully, she wasn't met with his empty eye-socket and clearly the device was just another of his "eyes" sitting around on his desk. Still, the thought of ever catching him without a left eye made her slightly queasy.

The uncomfortable silence was suddenly broken by the sound the ringing sound and the display on Isaac's business phone showed Carol's name. He tapped the screen and took the call on loud speaker as he continued to type away. It turned out the NYPD had taken them up on the invite and had already arrived. Isaac ended the call, shut down his computers and disabled any of the holographic displays. "Come with me, Laura," he casually suggested. "We have about a minute for you to suggest a spectacular birthday present for my wife... before I reach the elevator." 30 seconds, if he cared to walk faster.

As he approached his destination, Isaac noticed Granger already heading in the opposite direction of the conference room with Alex and HK-950. Isaac didn't need much time to come to the conclusion they were being questioned separately as Emersyn and Robert also emerged from inside the elevator and turned to address him specifically. His attention seemed to focus primarily on Emersyn as she forced an awkward smile towards him. He hadn't realised his steps had slowed even more than that he'd been intending and it took him a moment to process the female voice in his ear. He mind was momentarily clouded. "Isaac? Do you want me to be present?" Laura asked, curiously looking to her boss.

"Laura..." he mumbled. He then cleared his throat and snapped back to his usual focused demeanour. "No, Laura. Finish up in your office and then get yourself home. We'll speak in the morning," he told her, perhaps a little more politely than she was used to. Once she'd nodded and scooted away, Isaac looked back to Emersyn and Robert. He walked closer to them, accepting his estranged daughter's handshake with a very weak grasp compared to her firm one. He would look to Robert and offer the same courtesy to him, though if he accepted, it would be a much firmer and overbearing handshake on Isaac's part. "Officer Aakers, it's no trouble at all. We called the NYPD here, after all," he reminded her. His smile had a confidence to it, but more than anything it appeared to be very genuine. He'd had years of practice to fine tune such illusions. "Yes, let us head to the conference room."

As they walked, Isaac couldn't help but think of how unfortunate it was that his own daughter had shown up to question him. He'd hoped to never have to see her up close, never mind interact and shake hands with her. It had been 20 years since he'd been in such close proximity to his first born child and that distance had made her existence less of a reality for him. Now here she was and he found himself questioning the look she gave him. It was as if she knew him, or at least recognised him. He reminded himself it stood to reason she would know him, considering his face was well-known to the public. He pushed it all aside as merely slight paranoia and she was clueless to the fact he was her father. "Take a seat, please," he offered the pair, motioning to a small round table which would fit up to six people around it. He positioned himself so he could see both Emersyn and Robert. "I expect you have questions prepared?" He sat casually back in his seat and rested his hands out on the table. His palms open and upturned whilst he maintained eye-contact, simply inviting the cops to speak up.

Meanwhile, Laura headed back towards her office, where Kian was likely to find her and inform her of his family's safe arrival at the penthouse.

Bellz Bellz (Emersyn) Shireling Shireling (Robert) Shadow Shadow (Kian)

Last edited:
Amelia Price

1524505564949-png.431167
Just as Amelia sent a text message to her friend, Sylvia returned to the lobby. "Mr. Price is now available and you can go up to his office," she informed the girl. All the while, she seemed to look down her nose to where the teenager's feet were propped up on the coffee table. Amelia looked up to the woman, sending her a clear smirk. Without a word, she moved her feet off of the table so she could put her boots back on. She stood up and threw her rucksack over her shoulder before walking towards the elevator, brushing past Sylvia along the way. They really didn't like each other and it seemed to be merely the product of a personality clash. Plus, Sylvia was a snooty bitch and Amelia really didn't like those kinds of people.

When she finally reached the office, the smell of dinner hit Amelia and she was for a moment jealous. She didn't really get enough chances to have dinner around the table with both of her parents. All she'd eaten for dinner today was an energy bar that she'd packed in her rucksack that morning. She entered the room to see Valerie and Holden at the table... mum and dad. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Price. My name is Amelia and I think I might be your daughter," she announced her presence. Her words had a slight sarcasm to them, but her tone was still playful and her bright smile equally so.

Rather than stopping when she reached the table, her eyes were drawn to the window and what was left of any flashing lights. She walked closer to the glass, gripping the window frame with one hand as she looked down at the city, then gazed out to the intersection where the accident had happened. "There was an explosion out there earlier. People died," she sadly spoke up. She caught her reflection in the window before quickly turning away. She felt the importance of human life was losing its power these days so wondered why she'd bothered to mention it at all.

Amelia approached the table and folded her arms around herself for reassurance. She didn't like the odd feeling of vulnerability seeing the two corpses seemed to have given her."Meanwhile, is everything okay with you both?" she curiously asked. She tried to determine if they appeared calm enough to confirm to her that she wasn't in any trouble, yet.

Bellz Bellz (Valerie) Enzyme Enzyme (Holden)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back