• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Swords, Sorcery And Whatever That Monster Torching The Town Is

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
“Then we cut them down till there’s no more of them. Just the thing i was looking forward too!” Kai unsheathed his blade. Kai’s head rang though for a bit so he gripped it wincing in pain as he heard Zan’s voice.

“That “King” of yours died.”

Quite joking around I heard the emperor was crazy strong no one could kill him, plus how do you even know?! You’re in my head for crying out loud.

“I can sense demonic energy quite well. Thats what I was trying to explain to you. As for the Emperor his essence faded.” Zan Zan laughed. “Weak deserve to die. Now for you this de-.”

I will trust you this one time. So how did he even die though? Or you can’t tell me that? Wait what do you mean the weak should die?! That’s no-. What?!

The connection broke again as Zan Zan’s time was up. It didn’t make sense to him why Zan Zan faded off at the most important moments, and was this a warning for the demon being so close would this result in him gaining control? Something Kai didn’t want to happen. Kai looked at the miniature cloud demonds decend towards their level. “Let’s get them Sept! Everyone ready yourselves!” Though now that he was informed of the defeat of the Emperor how could this even have happened and then it happened, a strange man ran up to Rinzler discussing how the Emperor died. Though the weather demon was messing with Kai’s smelling the one smell stuck out to him, blood. Something that a normal mortal could smell. Who is that guy? He comes with a strange vibe. No matter the clouds!

RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Nick walked around the camp, helping injured people get through. He was mainly in camp most of the time, as he had been hit by debris. He smelled blood in the air, and sensed an evil as well. He shrugged it off, thinking that he was just thinking too much, then the visions came back.

"SEND HIM AWAY" A guard said, Nick looked to the side to see his mom, crying on a blue looking father. His friends, lifeless bodies covered in blood, stuck out the most. He stood there, staring off into the distance, he saw young him being carried away. A guard came to console his parents, a villager tried to lunge at young him. He would later learn through a letter that the villagers wife died in the incident. "hide your face, hide who you are, you think you're in control? no. you're just a pawn. A puppet who thinks hes alive, hand over the wheel now, let me take it from here. Let me kill for you, kid. let me take control let me take over letmefinishwhatwestartedletmemassacrethesepeopleletmeriptheirgutsoutletmekillthemallletmikillthemallletmekill. them. all. kill. them. all. kill. them" The demon whispered. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!" Nick screamed, seemingly finishing the demons sentence, he stood there, fighting it, he snapped out of the vision, "you will never regain control of me." he said to himself. Shaking his head, blood and evil, all stuff that were present that day.

A burst of green energy came from the left of Rinzler. Erina. Rinzler now knew that it was better for the Healer of Dragons to be here. She wasn't weak or anything of the sort, she just needed to stay safe. The healer was one that helped save lives and made sure everyone can bounce back as quickly as possible. Later in the fight, Erina would become crucial to those who needed her. Even when the green wave of mana passed by, the Knight of Zero felt her arms feel less sore from the day before and as she held up her umbrella. She made a note to herself that she needed to thank Erina after this if... no when they survived this.

After the wave of green passed by, Rinzler waved her arm to get Erina's attention. She needed to be in this group to know what to do since everyone was gathering around.

While everyone was reaching their spot to convene, Rinzler continued to make her water umbrella larger to accommodate for the influx of people. With a turn of her hand she was able to curve it so that it blocked some of the wind that whipped between them.

Glancing around at the soldiers, she noticed that Izuru was yelling orders but wasn't heard. Mickey's voice casted louder than the thunder which surprised Cypher, her umbrella shaking a bit at the edges from his shouting. He'd riled up the troops and the fear she saw in their eyes was gone. They were ready for action. Right now they needed every capable soldier, Knight, and even Emperor to take down this monstrosity.

When Kai and Septimus arrived at the scene, she'd heard Septimus' suggestion. She'd voiced her concern, "That's crazy. Have Mickey throw one of the Knights? What of the other Knights? We can't punch or kick it. Who would catch them all? It's dangerous and risky. It's crazy... It's not a bad idea!" Cypher thought it wasn't a bad idea at all, but if they were to send up the Knights, should they be sending the magic casters? The physically empowered? All of them?

And what was Kai doing? He was yelling at the Venti and looked very much like a child throwing a tantrum.

When the Wizard of Wizards corrected her on the name, Cypher wanted to say that this was no time for nonsensically long names. Especially not in the midst of something coming straight at them. For someone who was all-knowing and wise she was fairly full of herself. But who wouldn't be if they knew all and was capable of casting an infinite number of spells? She watched as the Master of Homunculi put the still fearful soldiers to sleep. And did she just throw Trinity and Mickey up at the Venti?

Shit.

Well, she did say that if anything bad happened, she would catch Trinity. Rinzler promised that she would catch any and all of them if they needed her. At a moment's notice she was ready to drop the umbrella and intercept the falls of both Knights who seemed to not stop flying towards the large beast.

Cypher watched as Lance the newcomer went to attack the Venti. After he'd returned and the leg disappeared, she saw something that wasn't too unexpected. The leg was growing back but as little Venti. This monster, now monsters, was made out of clouds: air and water. Just because it had energy visibly flowing through it, it didn't mean that it was going to be easy to fight. This wasn't an "I'm going to decide to shoot lightning and bash the thing's head in until I win" sort of thing. Rinzler wasn't going to have that idiocy back in battle. The Venti was smarter than that.

She looked to the others. "I like Septimus' idea, so does anyone else have one?"

Just as she'd asked her question, she was interrupted once more mid-conversation. Frost Giants. Rinzler sighed, where the hell was Izuru to take care of these people? Can't they see she's trying to get things done and kill this floating giant? Soon, they ran off and she waved her hand in dismissal of them. Whatever they were attempting, she hoped it wasn't stupid. She didn't need more bloodshed. They'd said they were sent by Princess Chiho, and lo and behold there she was giving the finger to someone...

"Alright, I'm going to need Erina to not be shot up there. I'll take care of the soldiers and stay here to catch you. The rest of you? Have fun taking those Venti down."

"STAND YOUR GROUND! HOLD TIGHT TO YOUR SHIELDS! DO NO FALTER!" Rinzler shouted to the soldiers as they all protected themselves for the barrage of rain, howling wind, and the aftershocks of the Venti's blows. She herself was throwing frozen ice pillars at the smaller Venti and aimed a few at the colossal beast's energy reservoirs. Her efforts were better placed protecting the soldiers and Knights from the attacking cloud formations and waiting for Trinity and Mickey to come down.

Her mind and body were working in overdrive, so much so that she was using one hand to block attacks from the Venti, the other to throw the icicles, her voice being used to command the soldiers, and her mind on catching two Knights and making sure no one dies. Rinzler almost snapped when someone approached her in the middle of her multitasking.

Could these people seriously not see that she was doing five things at once? Where the hell was Izuru? What was he doing? Everyone else was defending each other against this monster, and this lazy man comes up to her crying?

"What the hell do you want?! Why aren't you fighting?!" she loudly scolded the wimp. She took one second to look at the crying man. It was Jacob, the idiot who thought he was better than her at manipulation and an occasional brawl. She'd worked with him more than a few times to know he was cunning. And here he was weeping like a babe?

He held up his hands, and all Rinzler saw was a pile of dust becoming wet with rain. She could hear him shout, "The Venti attacked us from behind! Our great Emperor Izuru had gloriously taken the full attack to save our lives! And... And Here's what's left of our illustrious, great Emperor!" Behind him other members of soldiers who weren't fighting approached as well with long faces.

The ice barriers she threw up to protect the soldiers melted away and fell to the ground useless. The same went for the pillars. Rinzler's heart stood still as she heard the news; however, her face never changed from the irritated, peeved demeanor she wore when the sobbing man initially came up to her. Her instincts told her that something was wrong. Everything was wrong.

Venti do not incinerate their victims. Victims are blown away, crushed, whither from exposure. They do not become ashes. Those who are burned are left with scars all over that branched like roots of a tree. And how could the Venti attack from behind? It was right in front of them! And the emperor risking his own life to save these soldiers? Her nose picked up the scent of iron. Blood. She saw a bright crimson stain on the man's pant leg and a drop of blood fell from his sleeve. Hnnn...

But his sobbing and snot made her rethink. If Izuru was dead, that would explain why he wasn't fighting with all of them. She didn't feel his annoying presence or hear his voice. Rinzler glared hard at the man and the soldiers behind him. She couldn't believe it.

Izuru was dead.

As calmly as she could, she turned around and hissed out her orders, "Take those, put them in that jar, and protect it with your life. If you fail in any way, I'll. Personally. Hunt. You. Down."

She raised her arms once more, making her shields and icicles. Rinzler was back to protecting the people here. But her agitation would soon get the best of her. Rinzler closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm herself. There's a battle raging on. You let your guard down for one minute. People need you. Izuru's dead.

StrayTheCat StrayTheCat Zerohex Zerohex RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Freshet Freshet Ixacise Ixacise Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Blood Born Angel Blood Born Angel Noct Noct

Last edited:
Skyler got off of Snow and started petting her head. "Let's try and find a nearby village. When we are there though, keep yourself hidden from sight. Do have any cloths or cloaks you can put over your head?" she asked, looking around to see if anyone was listening or if anyone was even around. She looked back at Luca, waiting for an answer

DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha

After using her healing spell, Erina had kept away from the fight and tried to observe everything going on as best as possible, trying to see any moment for which someone needed her help. This was the hardest part of being a healer, knowing when to heal and not to heal, as conserving mana for long fights likes these was essential. Even despite her mana supply being larger then most people, this was a skill she always tried to hone. In the distance, she could faintly see several people shouting at the Venti, some hurling insults about the distance and others discussing how exactly to hit it. Suddenly, all the soldiers dropped to the ground asleep, and at first she panicked. Seeing two figures suddenly fly at high speeds towards the Venti and a third quickly followed however, Erina guessed this was a part of the strategy. She could see Rinzler wave to her, and she wasn't sure at first if this was a signal to run or come. Nobody was running from what she could see through the rain, so it must be to come.

Running as the mud squished with her feet, Erina managed to catch back up to the group and took a moment to catch her breath. By the time she got there, there was already some smaller versions of the Venti that were going to land on the ground. Hearing strange voices, Erina's eyes grew wide for a moment when Frost Giants had arrived, but it was obvious that this wasn't part of the plan as her friend dismissed them. When Rinzler mentioned something about Erina being shot up there like the others, which made her squirm a bit. Seeing some of the others fighting the smaller Venti and the chaos that was this battle, Erina wondered if this was it. Was this going to be her last-Erina's train of thought snapped when she heard Rinzler snap at someone crying. The man's next words made her speechless, and the shock was enough that it numbed the world around her.

The emperor was dead. The emperor was dead? The emperor died. The realization hit her like a punch to the gut. closing her eyes, she did her best to push it and anything about what was to happen because of it out of her mind. What was important was the now, what could she do now? They had casualties. That's what it was, just a casualty. Opening her eyes, she saw the magic Rinzler had been using was gone as the news had broke her focus. Moving her gaze around the battlefield, she saw various situations and tried to formulate a plan of action. They needed a boost, something nice and strong. Erina began to chant, and as she did so a dome of green surrounded her. The longer she chanted, the larger it got, and she stopped only when it covered most of the field. It wasn't tall enough to reach those up with the Venti, but was enough for those on the ground.

"Gsaed runr,
Haes nirr fseirras.
Muya dhair feddra du uis unnr,
Meca uis alanirr fawesa.

Lad ir du llairhd eludhas llairhd,
Tu raiya du raiya eludhas neirr.
Ois raiyar neirr fa llailaida,
Bid I erc dhed aid lud aln duneirr.

Crura uis wuilnr eln uis fruun lud rfairr,
Wa esa irruis shairnsal eln erc llus eain.
Ois alasrirr, uis rdenaile du sallairr,
Psayald uis funaiar eln nailnr du narsena.
"

Erina chanted one of her most powerful healing spells, shouting in an ancient language that was long dead. When she finished the last word, green energy exploded out of her, enveloping everyone and everything in the field her previous spell had prepared. Before using the two spells, she still had about 93% of her mana, but after using both spells, Erina could feel the exhaustion start to set in when it used up about 50-60% of her whole mana supply. It healed not only wounds, but also restored physical stamina as well. Her vision blurred for a moment, and Erina made a mental note to spend some time off to train herself better if she survived this fight. Losing her balance, she fell to her knees, but quickly pushed herself up with her staff. "I can do that at maybe one more time Zee, what's the plan? Are we gonna try to outlast it, or are we going for the all-out here?" Erina asked Rinzler, mustering a small laugh.

"Great gods,
Hear my prayer.
Move this battle to our odds,
Make our enemy beware.

Let us to fight another fight,
To live to live another day.
Our lives may be finite,
But I ask that it not end today.

Close our wounds and our blood not spill,
We are your children and ask for aid.
Our energy, our stamina to refill,
Prevent our bodies and minds to degrade.
"
Gohan510 Gohan510 KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Amaya Himura Amaya Himura RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Ixacise Ixacise Zerohex Zerohex (and anyone else fighting the Venti)

With a startled flinch, Yuki finally woke up. Her heart was pounding in her chest, as if she had just awoken from a nightmare, yet when she tried to recall her dream it slipped away like an eel through a fisher's net. Something about bloody snow.

She blinked in confusion and sat up, forgetting where she was for a moment until her eyes found Kuto and the night's events resurfaced in her mind. Shame settled in the pit of her stomach only for it to boil up in anger. How did she let herself break down like that? It was something the old Yuki would have done, but she had no place here any longer. She had been left behind at the ruins of the Spirit Tree but much to her disgust, it appeared that she had still clung on. Tears won't solve anything, she growled to herself in chastisement, Stop being a stupid child. Your people are counting on you. You have no right to give up.

That was the last time she was going to waste her tears.

"Kuto, I want you to teach me to become stronger." she said, a determined light burning in her eyes.

Gohan510 Gohan510

Nick looked up at the sky, watching the rain cloud grow fiercer and fiercer and fiercer, then he realized, that wasnt a cloud. That was a venti, a childhood tale from where he comes from. He stared at them in bewilderment. He unsheathed his sword, wondering what to do. "Hey kid... It's me again... You're gonna get yourself killed. " Nick looked around... The Venti was getting closer now, even if it was just an inch he felt more prepared for a fight,. And he started to feel anxious. Bewildered even, he couldn't think of the right word to describe it but the word would be scared.

Dammit. Should've strapped Trin to my back before starting so we didn't get split. Should've told Sera that, gonna have to have some words with her. Fookin wizers, every time. How am I gonna take care of the lass like this? I'll be fine but she's still small and puny, how's she gonna handle this? Dammit this taking care of others stuff is complicated. Wish it was just me, big ugly and the fookin beating I'mma give it. Fook it, gameplan still on, catch the girl on the way down.

All of this flashed through Michael Darnach MacRory's mind in what felt like about the blink of an eye when he got his request and was finally launched at the creature. Loathe as he was to admit it, magic could sometimes be useful, it would've taken him a running start and good position to reach high up the creature's legs and now he was on target to its center, no worry about winds and course. He was gonna make the cloud satan regret existing and figure out the rest as he went. He could hear nothing, not even Trinity's powerful screams on her own trajectory, just the shrill rush of air on his ears and lost somewhere within it his own warcry: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!".

And then he made contact, not with fist but projecting his colossal shoulder forth and behind it his entire mass like a battering ram. It was jarring to him, as one would expect, but it was especially jarring for the ventus because *such contact should not have been possible*. They were demons, creatures of magic, they were the storms and the freezing winds, they could not be touched! Not by a mere mortal, not without sorcery! And as this thought spread across its collective consciousness the howling winds seemed to turn into a shrill, panicked cry, even if only for a moment, because somehow, someway, it was happening. Their invulnerability was being put to the test, they were being hurt in ways they never thought possible.

Over 280 pounds of furious wrestler crashed into the giant's chest at breakneck speeds and the Champion of the Highlands' proved his strength supreme beyond a shadow of a doubt, for all watching could see the demon visibly waver from the impact. But Mickey was not done. He felt the biting cold, the creature's shocking aura, but under his grip they could not split, they could not rely on their evanescent quality as they had always done. The Breaker of Bulls could strike at their essence as magic might, and it was a new, terrifying sensation of pain. Gritting his teeth he dug his fingers into them mercilessly, furiously he struck with his feet and produced his own foothold on the creature's malleable body.

Mickey MacRory climbed up and through the storm to strike at its heart. He was hurting them. Breaking them. His hands ripped the spirits apart from eachother, tearing pieces off of them in the same way an animal would be torn into by a predator, his feet cruelly trampled them underneath in his furious advance. He screamed his pain and defiance and they screamed back in horror carried by the winds. They screamed and did not know what to do, the gestalt's united mind strained. DESTROY IT! FLEE! CRUSH THE CAMP! HE IS NOT THE ONLY THREAT! PROTECT US! The fusion's coherency teetered on the brink as part of its components turned to animalistic instinct.

Some venti deserted the others in blind panic, dragging more spirits away with them. Was it on purpose to save eachother or simply a panicked loss of control, like a drowning man pushing his rescuer underwater? Others remained united but turned their focus inward. Within the storm giant's body their figures emerged from the howling storm and threw themselves at the hated man who brought them such suffering, stopping his advance. But in so doing the gestalt's energies were divided, lessened. It became more erratic, less focused, less controlled. How might it fare, how might it react? What could the people below see, hear? And within, Michael MacRory roared and fought on.

Freshet Freshet KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Amaya Himura Amaya Himura RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Blood Born Angel Blood Born Angel StrayTheCat StrayTheCat Ixacise Ixacise

Nick looked and saw the venti recoil. Something was going on.... And Nick was ready to fight. He took up a shield and charged into the battlefield. One hand raising the shield, and the other holding on to the handle of the sword. He stumbled a bit, trying to regain his composure after being battered by debris, He saw a couple figures fighting the venti. He raced forward trying to catch up, but it would take him a while before he could get there, the winds were too strong.

He looked back, he needed to protect the camp. Those who had families... friends even. They were counting on people who could fight. All of a sudden he saw a green flash of light, and he felt stronger. Looking at one of the smaller Venti, he obliviously rushed towards it, thinking that he could take it down and prove to everyone that he isn't a monster. He charged forward even more, about 30 ft from the others. He was charging, Determined. Nothing was gonna stop him. But it did, a rock, about 3x2 in diameter, carried by the extreme winds, hit him square on the temples, he fell down. His mind trying to regain a sense of urgency. "Idiot." He heard the demon say. And it was right.

He dusted himself off and marched forward, ready to take more hits.

With frost giants taking the lead and Rinzler effectively outright telling them to join in the fight Septimus looked up at Kai who was already drawing his blade optimistic that if they just kept slicing the Venti that they would eventually perish. The Knight of 1 had looked like something had caused him a moment of pain as he gripped his head as if he had a terrible headache. Though whatever it was it seemed to have had passed quickly. “Let’s slay those Venti and get outta this forsaken cold air” he said to Kai as he ran off to fight the cloud demons.

Now in the midst of battle, his concern of how to even combat something mostly intangible was becoming realized. Every time he swiped at the creatures with his sword the blade simply passed through it while the Venti were fine with continuously battering his shield with blasts of winds, water, and whatever other debris it was able to pick up until he eventually became tired and lowered his defenses.

Up above Sept could hear the Knight of 2 and 3 yelling though he couldn’t quite make out exactly what was said over the sound of rain and wind, though it seemed that whatever the two were doing it was working as the giant creature sounded like it was letting out yells of pain and the once loud winds quieted down a bit.

Can’t believe having some of us thrown at the thing turned out to be an effective strategy. He thought to himself recalling to when Rinzler had mentioned his crazy idea actually wasn't bad as he continued to slash at the bodies of the Venti creatures to no avail. Focusing back onto the fight, his right arm was beginning to tire from holding up his shield against the constant blasts from the cloud creatures. I’m gonna need a new plan and soon. Luckily for Septimus a flash of green light had enveloped him and the others fighting against the Venti. The light had left him feeling invigorated and gave him an opportunity to try something. Up until now he had refrained from using his flame breath against the creatures as the rain would likely have weakened it atop of it being weaker from him being somewhat tired, but now that he felt his stamina magically come back to him it was either now or never regardless of the rain's presence.

Taking a deep breath Septimus unleashed a large plume of fire directly over the Venti he was combating. The flames engulfed the creatures and once his closed his maw and the flames passed the Venti were seemingly completely destroyed from the fire. “That...that worked!” he said smiling as much as one with a muzzle could as he caught his breath. “Now we just gotta get rid of a whole lot more of these things.... hope we can figure out a better way of fighting them, don’t think I can keep doing that every time to put them down for good” he said under his breath as he prepared to continue fighting.

Mentions: Gohan510 Gohan510 Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Freshet Freshet Zerohex Zerohex StrayTheCat StrayTheCat

Seeing Septimus destroy the venti with a single breath was enough to get Nick riled up. He charged into battle passing a couple knights and charging at a venti. He thought the power glove would work, but it didn't he fell through the venti,, almost instantly rising up his shield to protect him from debris and wind. He went and swiped with the cutlass. Nothing. And then it hit him. He'd need to channel the beast. He thought about the day, then he stopped. "I can't let all hell break lose." He whispered to himself. "It already has." The voice spoke to him. Nick charged once more to try and find the spot where all these knights have been striking at to kill these things. But he couldn't see anything now. The storm was getting stronger by the minute. And he felt his confidence break, Snap. "CHERNOBOG'S BACK" A raspier version of his voice called out, Nick felt like he was on fire, and he jumped up and stabbed one. Then that fire faded away, he was on the ground now, on his back "What the fuck just happened?" He thought, he harnessed the power. Just for a little bit. And now it's gone.

The Wizard Of Wizards watched from above as everything crawled at a snail's pace for her, Mickey and Trinity made contact with the Trenta and managed to hold on despite her telling Mickey it was a stupid idea, the lizard and grinning fool left to fight the smaller cloud satans that broke off from the main body after the sword surfer cleaved through it, some wizard's lost apprentice was casting healing spells that were clearly too much for her, and what appeared to be a murder. Content with doing all that she needed to do at the moment, she returned to her body and pushed the non-functioning homunculus she held onto into the pile with the others and waited a few seconds before finally speaking out. "Why isn't it dead yet? They're slacking aren't they?" The mighty wizard then floated towards Rinzler and the petty mage.

"Why isn't it dead yet? I practically handed this victory to your forces yet it still stands. And why isn't she helping?" She had one of her homunculi gesture towards the girl struggling to stand. "If you have more wizards around I don't see much point in me dealing with minor threats like this." Even with the weather starting to calm after the Trenta lost power, and the fact that the Wizard Of Wizards did not allow the rain to make contact with her, she hated this. The noise, the chaos, and the fact that so many things so utterly stupid kept forcing themselves into her view. "I want this dealt with now Rinzler, and you're probably the second smartest person here so I'm counting on you."

Zerohex Zerohex Freshet Freshet Amaya Himura Amaya Himura StrayTheCat StrayTheCat RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 Ixacise Ixacise Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Kai watched as multiple smaller cloud demons came from the leg as they weren’t the original size that he wanted to fight they were still something. Cutting one into pieces it regained it’s form blasting water towards Kai. He swiftly dodged the attack, and sliced its head off but it obviously regrew. He lifted his hand up blasting it off into nothing. “These things are kinda annoying a glob of air.”

Two of the smaller venti’s saw their ally fall to Septimus as they flew towards them but were destroyed by a rather larger flame that consumed them. Kai landed in front of his partner looking up as the two were no more. These clouds were more in number of the legions but relatively weaker.
RatKing RatKing
————
“What makes you feel that I can make you stronger?” Kuto asked calmly getting out of his chair watching the kids running outside. Kuto sighed thinking to himself how innocent she still is. “Is your hate for the kingdom real or is it temporary anger from a lost of family and friends?” Kuto looked at her with his cold ember eyes. “I could continue by myself if this is too much for you. This road of hatred is a dark one, if you’re going to hold me back you should stay here with the old lady and gain some help. I am a fire magic caster not a ink blood magic user.

He opened the door as the sun light rushed through the entry way of the dark cabin. His breathe could be shown as a grey cloud. “I’m moving on to the east. If you find yourself the courage to tsg along then so be it.” It was hard for him to leave the girl behind, but it seemed only the best. Even the knight mentioned why she traveled with someone as dark as Kuto. Leaving the Cabin Hakai came landing on his shoulder. It looked back at Yuki tilting his head confused why she wasn’t getting up. “Anything you find?” He looked at the bird as he shook his head. “Good.” The kidss stopped to look at Kuto as they ran. He put his hood over his head walking on. Stepping through the snow was tough but it didn’t stop him.
Juju Juju

Last edited:
1530197829520.png
The Ventus was deeply disturbed. These lowly creatures had not only managed to touch it. They had damaged it, wounded it even. It had lost a leg, which had split into multiple Venti of both humanoid and equine varieties. Now one of those filthy creatures was invading its very body and destroying it from the inside. Opening its chest, the Ventus began the process of collecting wind. A powerful vacuum began pulling in the cold air around the creature. Using it, the Ventus began to regain its strength. While it could not regenerate its lost limb, the Ventus could at least gather the power to retreat. Uprooting trees, it tried to throw distractions and obstacles in the way of the attacking force. However the loss of so many Venti meant the gestalt enitity had a harder time concentrating on a single objective. Gathering stormclouds, the Ventus attacked with rain and windstorms. Though it could feel itself getting weaker by the moment. There was also less fear to draw on, which meant that the Ventus was running out of options. Dissolving into wind, it flew away in an attempt to lick its wounds.

Zerohex Zerohex Freshet Freshet Amaya Himura Amaya Himura StrayTheCat StrayTheCat RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 Ixacise Ixacise
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1530198776636.png
Otonashi was not pleased with the sight he found. This was all that remained of this peaceful village. His guide, a girl named Alice just stared at the ruined village and cried her little heart out. Otonashi was never good with people and emotions, so he left her alone. She told him that she was originally from this place and had moved to another village to be with her husband. Otonashi knew that if she was here, she'd have died too. Inspecting the scene, Otonashi found that he had arrived at a terrible time. The rain had washed any scents away. It also covered up any tracks he might have found. Exploring a little, the Divine Blade hoped to find clues as to
where the perputrators were hiding.
1530199546223.png
Otonashi searched the houses, the market stalls and even inside the cracks between worlds. When those options were off the table, Otonashi tried his next option, the church. Otonashi wasn't much for religious faith. Sure, he knew the gods were real and to be respected. However Otonashi preferred to believe in the strength of his sword arm rather than some creatures in the heavens. Though Otonashi did make sure to at least refrain from disrespecting them. People were turned into weasels that way. As he inspected a partially destroyed statue of the Light Goddess Inflation, something flew right at him. Deflecting it with Yamato, Otonashi found his attacker staring right at him. It was a priest, dressed in brown robes with a shaved head. He seemed to be a Half-Elf, with slightly pointed ears and bright eyes. Turning his head to the weapon, Otonashi found he had thrown a piece of rubble. The priest picks up a wooden board and runs at Otonashi. Cutting the board into sawdust, Otonashi kicked the priest to the ground and held the sheathed katana to his throat. "Tell me what happened here or I send you to Inflation" Otonashi said coldly. The priest proceeded to relieve himself, a foul odor reaching Otonashi's nostrils. Slamming the butt of his sword into the priests stomach, Otonashi repeated his question. "Tails.... Red....Fire.....Oh gods... the blood" The priest said with terror on his face. "Speak sense man!" Otonashi hit him again. "NO I WON'T BE TAKEN!!!" With that he went up in flames, probably from an immolation spell he cast on himself. "Oh great... now I've lost my only lead"

Mentions: Juju Juju Gohan510 Gohan510

Nick got up to block the debris, the storm was growing intense, all of a sudden a newly uprooted tree trunk managed to get him from behind, tripping him up, Nick felt the searing pain and knew that he got at least one splinter. Nick tried to get up, but the debris was being thrown overhead so he opted to stay down, raising his shield high above his face. Nick lay down on the ground, as the storm calmed down, he looked to his side, Nick noticed that he was bleeding from his knee. But he didn't care, the ventus was gone, and he killed one. He tried to get up, but realized that his leg was broken, and the other one, wounded. idiot. Nick thought to himself, not the demon this time, just him. "A little help?" Nick asked, the pain, as soon as Nick noticed it, started to worsen.

And so with her mighty punch, assisted by her magical artifact, Trinity went straight through the head of the creature as it began yowling and whimpering in agony. However in the process she managed to do a fairly curious thing. She had an armored grip on a small chunk of the venti. The cloud satan just stared, clearly puzzled, despite having a vacant expression that was composed of cloud-water. Trinity, opened her eyes as she now took in what exactly was going on as she was sure she caught a hold of something.

Now seeing that the dwarf was staring at it, the venti manifested a tongue for the sheer fact to stick out a raspberry. It spat out a cloud rain at her, alongside the already heavy present torrent and heavy wind striking from the rest of the terrified ventus. At this point the venti tried to weasel its way out of the Knight of Three's grasp, but Trinity began grabbing tighter onto the creature and throttling its neck.

"YOU LISTEN HERE CLOUD! YOU AREN'T ESCAPING!" To that the cloud satan minor struggled as it stared at the Ventus, or cloud satan major, fleeing away in fear, before making a, depressed noise well to those who understood cloud satans, sound of slow dripping. Crashing down by the force of gravity and the wind, and not to mention a cloud satan trying to further the pain for the humanoid as it was peeved it was still there and not in the collective, Trinity began hollering as the trees flew strong in the distance.

"HEEEEEEELPHEEEEEEELPHEEEEEEEEEELPHEEEEELPLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!" She screamed barreling ever closer to the ground, "ALSO JAR! JAR! I GOT SOMETHING COOL I CAN DO!"

Next stop, forge city. Well okay maybe shortly after her trying not to hit the ground.

Zerohex Zerohex KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Amaya Himura Amaya Himura StrayTheCat StrayTheCat RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 Ixacise Ixacise Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Last edited:
Following the failure in cleanly mutilating the giant cloud demon's leg, Lance was busy making short work of the hordes of its mini-me's. One by one they fell to his blade which made them no more, but harmless balls of mist as they faded. Such was his concentration on the task that he lost sight of the giant which had left the others that went before him to take care of it. Much to his annoyance the big brute had something resembling a brain and was now retreating with the two in tow.
He wanted to give chase and see if he could stop it from running away, but that seemed like it might be a bad idea.

The dwarf girl's scream rang through the air. He figured he might as well go help her out before things escalated or whatever. He was a bit surprised by the request for a jar. That was odd but he figured it would have something to do with keeping one of the buggers for use for tracking the big one down and destroying it later. Now, he didn't have a bottle, but he did have something that should do the trick. Rifling through his jacket he pulled out a bottle of hooch. As he was running he pulled out the cork with his teeth, pocketed he cork and then proceeded to chug it while making a making a speedy run after the girl who was now about to crater into the ground if he doesn't catch her in time.

Still chugging it without the use of his hands, he made a high floating jump into the air catching her . At that moment the last of the precious fluids from the bottle have been drained. They land safely together and Lance hands her the bottle and then takes a breathy exhale and inhale. The rush of running and chugging that entire bottle at the same time leaving him a bit breathless and slightly buzzed. "...So... what's your plan with the bottle?" He asked while still catching his breath.
Freshet Freshet

The Knight of Zero breathed out an amused laugh; she hadn't heard that nickname in a while. Everyone always called her Rinzler. It was honestly nice to hear a someone call her by something outside the family name... besides the person who didn't deserve more than a moment more of her time. And the plan? Rinzler had to think while she held off the Ventus' attacks from above. The plan was--

When the Wizard of Wizards approached her with a question as to why nothing was happening, Rinzler wanted to tell the Wizard that things like this take time. All the Wizard did was lull these fearful soldiers to sleep and throw two of her fellow Knights at the monster, and she was still waiting for them to return. She looked up trying to see or hear Mickey or Trinity, not knowing what to say now though as she searched the sky. She thought she'd heard shouts but perhaps they were just the winds or her imagination as to what was happening up there. She'd given up a little. "In all honesty, Zharko Serafim Bogdan Miroslav Kostad--Duck!!"

Suddenly a cracking sound came from behind, and Rinzler threw up her arms and a wall of ice lifted from the ground to block the now uprooted trees. Protecting the Wizard of Wizards, the Healer of Dragons, the Homunculi and herself, she'd put up a thick wall to stop the force of the tree. The winds changed direction, and Cypher looked up. The large Ventus was retreating? What a goddamn wimp.

Lowering her arms and letting out a sigh, she heard someone call for assistance. A lone shield was moving, and the call for help emanated from underneath. "Erina, can you check out who's asking for help? They may need healing." The Knight of Zero was rolling her shoulders from the exertion of force that came from that blockade.

From above, the Knight heard a scream for help. Trinity was falling, but Lance was already up with a jar and was able to break her fall. Now where was Mickey...

Damnit. She cursed to herself as she saw the large figure falling. Rinzler took as much rainwater as possible to surround her lower half. The water swirled around her legs similar to a waterspout, lifting her as high as possible. "I got you!" Taking some of the water from the spout, she formed webbing that was strong enough to catch the large man. As they were pretty high up, Cy thought up an idea. She hadn't done it in a while, and this may be a bit less intense than a fight. After all, water slides are fun!

The Knight of Zero moved to the webbing with Mickey. Gracefully waving her arms and with a flick of her wrist the water spout changed shape to look just like a slide. Glancing back to Mickey, she gestured to the slide with her thumb. "Shall we?" Without another word, Rinzler jumped onto the slide and in her mind was having the time of her life. Cypher felt like a kid again, but she didn't scream or holler about it. As soon as she got closer to the ground, she made a water "pillow" to land on. Now for Mickey's turn.

StrayTheCat StrayTheCat Zerohex Zerohex KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Freshet Freshet Ixacise Ixacise Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Last edited:
With a bunch more screaming, Trinity eventually found herself caught in the strong arms of the mysterious sword-surfer. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa-" The Knight of Three continued screaming for a moment as she still hadn't processed that she was saved. Blinking three times, she stared at the venti. The venti gazed back just as puzzled as the girl was, but it made an annoyed bubbling sound. Puffing out her cheeks and glaring at the cloud satan, Trinity had noticed that the man had handed her the bottle. Using her armored hand she quickly slammed the creature into the bottle.

She kept her magical artifact glove upon the bottle, while the chunk began trying to escape. It could not find any relief as it found itself firmly stuck between a bottle and a hard gauntlet. "THAT'S FOR MAKING ME FLY YOU VERMINOUS LITTLE CLOUD SATAN!" she declared and punctuated her point by sticking her tongue out at the creature which made a variety of storming sounds within the bottle.

Her eyes gleaming she turned to glance at Lance Goodthrust and began squeaking out, "THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! I'd hug you right now but, you got the cap?" She took a moment to refocus her attention on the creature which still was unamused at its situation. "I'll give you a great big hug when uh, I got this damn thing secure okay!? Bottle, oh, yeah. I am keeping this thing in lock and key so I can make something out of it in a bit after uh, I think golly I can't remember her long name right now, but I think she can talk to cloud satans. Or at least know what each sound it makes means. Gonna take it to her first, then, gonna make something out of it! But need the lid to secure it! OH! ALSO HI DASHING AND GALLANT HERO, TRINITY TERCET THRICECOINED, KNIGHT OF THREE! I'd be honored to know your name, also to hug you. I really want to thank you for all of this."

Ixacise Ixacise

Mickey had little concept of time or place. He was lost in clouds, violent storming clouds that tore at his body from every possible direction, up, down, left, right, they had all ceased to make any real sense. Rain and cold bit into him and made seeing difficult, the furious booming of the storming winds deprived him of his hearing, the fury of thunder scorched and numbed him. The Champion of Brumm was in pain. But he fought on. His mind focused only on the perfectly polished form of his craft, ceaselessly practiced and employed against adversary after adversary, and as the ventus collapsed its components inward to battle him he roared his defiance and struck back at the floating shapes with monstrous savagery.

And then, after what felt like a chaotic eternity, it was over. The thrashing demons retreated, unwilling to put their mortality to the test as their opponent was, and his senses began to perceive the world once more. Triumph! For but a moment the Knight of Two allowed himself to breathe deeply and relax physically and mentally, and this moment's weakness cost him. For but a moment his grip loosened and the creature, not yet brought to heel, took the opportunity to slip his hands and shamefully flee its fate. Michael MacRory shrieked his rage: "FOOKIN COWARD! STAND AND FIGHT ME! FIGHT ME AND REMEMBER THE NAME MICHAEL DARNACH MACRORY!". And then gravity took its course.

Ah balls, right, figured I'd be ridin it down like a bull, Mickey managed to think before his descent began in earnest, his massive body approaching terminal velocity and a likely exceedingly painful meeting with mother earth. He wasn't sure if he could expect someone to catch him. On the one hand it should be a simple task for a number of capable mages, on the other he was not an easy man to deal with, and his experiences with the boy king's armies had convinced him that there simply weren't that many capable people in this country. The thought of resigning himself to his fate began to cross his mind when Rinzler arose from the ground to give him a helping hand. Oh no.

"NONONO MAKE IT STRONGER, YA GOTTA MAKE IT STRO" was about as far as he got when he hit the waterwebbing and, surprisingly, first dragged it down with him then broke straight through. Mickey was who he was, he couldn't turn it off, his body was capable of contending with magical forces and that was what it did. Even when they were trying to help. If he'd wanted to he could've resisted Zharkov's attempts at flinging him, and now that he was already beginning to approach terminal velocity he had become a 280+ pound antimagic meteor. Rinzler's waterslide held, for her, but Mickey soon came crashing down collapsing a massive water pillar under his back in a bizarre inverted geyser.

The assistance wasn't for naught. The magically buoyant fluid had succeeded in lowering speed of the fall and in somewhat cushioning the Knight of Two's landing. Somewhat. Rinzler's collected water burst outwards on the booming crash, spraying her and everyone in the vicinity even further, and now at her feet lay a relatively small crater filled with murky liquid marking Mickey's impact. Nothing stirred within it for a moment, then another, until finally drops of blood bubbled to the surface. Pause, for dramatic effect. Then, at last a bandaged fist rose and pointed to the clearing sky. Maybe a rainbow was forming, maybe it wasn't. Then the other hand emerged, and finally Mickey MacRory pulled his face out.

Suffering from electric burns and frostbite, his entire body smashed and cracked from the impact that he had only barely managed to survive thanks to Rinzler's intervention and his own focus in tensing and hardening every single impossible fiber of muscle in his being, he smiled glassy eyed and blood erupted again from mouth and nose. "Ah fink...ah need a lil help".

Freshet Freshet KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Amaya Himura Amaya Himura RatKing RatKing Gohan510 Gohan510 Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Blood Born Angel Blood Born Angel StrayTheCat StrayTheCat Ixacise Ixacise

With various Knights and other skilled individuals combating the Venti on the ground the once numerous demons had dwindled down significantly and with the last couple being handled by the others Sept sheathed his blade and quickly noticed something. He could actually hear things clearly now as the howling of the wind and sound of rain died down nearly completely. Looking up to see if the sudden drop in noise was due to Mickey and Trinity managing to kill the colossal creature he instead saw it fleeing in the distance. The Ventu is running away? Did something call it away or---? his thought was cut short when he heard the angry yelling of the Knight of 2 and the screaming of the Knight of 3 up above. The two knights that were launched into the air by the wizard or wizards were now rapidly hurtling toward the ground. Acting quickly though Rinzler and the swordsman who had severed the Ventu’s leg each took to catching one of the two knights and bringing them safely back to the ground.

However, while Trinity had made it back terra firma safe and sound Mickey on the other hand more or less crash landed even with Rinzler’s impressive water magic trying to catch him. Jumping at the sound of the loud thud and a splash of water hitting him that was caused by Mickey’s impact with the ground, Sept ran over to see if he was fellow knight was alright.

Arriving to the water filled crater all Sept saw was a pool of murky water but not the Knight of 2. After a tense moment where it seemed like no one moved and all eyes were on the pool Mickey triumphantly emerged from the water pointing upwards toward the sky. Looking up Sept saw a faint rainbow that was forming as the sky above cleared and the sun shined down upon them.

Mentions: Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Zerohex Zerohex Freshet Freshet KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Ixacise Ixacise

The news of their coming salvation had left the men in high spirits, and they had crossed the remaining miles in what seemed like minutes. The monastery was a veritable fortress, with a perimeter wall two stories high and every inch of it solid stone. Dismounting her horse, the Saint approached the abbey's outer gate. It was strangely peaceful, here- as if these hermits had found a place beyond the mad king's reach. Were it not for the men dying in her wagon, she'd have felt quite guilty about asking their aid, but now was not the time for shame. Rosario opened her visor and took a deep breath.

"HAIL, FAIR MONKS!", the saint shouted towards the ramparts, "I, SAINT ROSARIO, OF THE HOLY ORDER OF SAINT ROSARIO, WIELDER OF THE HOLY HAMMER, KNIGHT THE FOURTH, LORD OF..."

"Did he always have this many titles?"

"I hear the king gives 'em out like candy."

"...FIRST OF THE FIVE MACEMEN OF SUMARU..."

"...twelve, thirteen..."

"How does he breathe?

"...OF THE SIXTEENTH STANDING..."

"Just keeps fuckin' goin, don't it?"

"...PAGE OF SWO-"

St. Rosario was suddenly overcome by a fit of coughing as the great doors creaked open, greeting the gateman with a deep bow entirely by accident.

"...Sorry, just- *cough*- just hold on a second..."

The gateman strode forward and silently patted the knight on the back.

"...We've, er, need of aid.", Rosario mumbled, reeling from her sudden loss of momentum.

The escort and wagon were escorted into a small courtyard, just past the gate. It was strange, really. Here they were, barely a day's journey from the fortress of the great and terrible Grigori, and yet the monastery itself was so... peaceful. She had tried asking the gateman about it, but he just shrugged and shook his head. After a few minutes, a great bear of a man clad in a simple habit appeared, speaking in the Lord's Tongue.

"[Welcome, friends! I am Friar Mirko- I see you have already met my good friend Friar Drago. The heavens saw fit to strike him dumb, so I must beg your patience with him.]"

"[It is no great thing, Friar Mirko. I am Saint Rosario, of which order I am sure you can guess.]"

"[We don't get many saints in these parts. Why should one as great as you need the help of lowly monks such as we?]"

"[It is not me for whom I ask aid, but those who fight with me. Several men were badly burned in a battle with the corpse-wyrm-]"

"[-Corpse-wyrm..?]"

"[Yes, the dragon Grigori. Fear not retaliation, mine friar- We have slain him and brought peace to this land!]"

"[Where was this, exactly?]"

"[Er... Up on top of that mountain, right over there.]"

"[Strange...]", Friar Mirko mumbled, scratching his unkempt beard, "[...Well, I'm sure we were simply overlooked. Only a madman would go out of his way to attack hermits, after all.]"

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Stalking through the woods, Hildebrand followed after a caravan of dying soldiers. He had originally planned on returning to Hexapolis to get his armor repaired, but this was an opportunity he could not afford to miss. One of Sumaru's knights left the war camp without any of the others, the only support he could rely on were tired and wounded men. Hildebrand was no coward, and certainly no weakling, but he knew not even he could take all of the knights and the emperor at once, so a lone knight was the perfect chance for him.

Once the caravan reached their apparent destination, the Sumaran knight recited a long list of titles and honors before the gates were opened. Hildebrand considered making his entrance now, but decided against it. He instead waited for the gates to close to make his move. He bolted towards the wall and leapt through the air before slamming against the wall and digging his fingers into the hard stone. He then flung himself up, again and again until he stood on the top of the wall. "Excuse me! I wish to meet your champion so that I may slaughter him before your very eyes! Where is he?!"

ColdCash ColdCash

Slowly regaining her focus on the situation, she was glad to see the main Venti was faltering, and those fighting on the ground were doing well. When some wizard came to them speaking while using some sort of familiar to gesture out, Erina didn't know very much about summoners, and started complaining she about cursed the women out. She stopped when Rinzler spoke, and for a moment the breath left her lungs, as the name her friend called the woman by was one which belonged to someone who was a legend among scholars and mages of all kinds. Erina was thrown back into reality when she heard her friend's yell to duck, and she obliged, turning to see trees being thrown around through the air at them. Luckily Rinzler had protected them with ice magic, but luck wasn't something she liked depending on. Looking back up at the main Venti, Erina couldn't trust her eyes. It was running. It was running away from them. It was scared of them.

Hearing someone call out for help, she also heard the order by Rinzler to go see to them. "Got it!" Erina replied, searching around with her eyes for the injured as the weather began to clear up. Seeing a lone shield raised in the air, she jogged over, her body still somewhat recovering from the last spell she used. Getting on her knees beside the man, she looked at the damage, and put her staff down so she could use both hands. Pushing her sleeves up, Erina hovered both hands just slightly above the broken leg, choosing to handle the most prudent problem first. Concentrating her mana to her hands, a green glow began to emerge from them and spread over the leg. "Hey there buddy, everything's alright. The big bad clouds ran off to its mommy, so just don't pass out on me okay? I want you to keep your eyes on me. I know this hurts, but you'll be moving about in no time. Mind telling me your name?" She talked as the healing magic slowly did its work. Bones breaking was something normal, and it wasn't that hard to fix for a healer, but making sure to prevent any long-term damage was key here. Rush the healing process, and you risk not giving the rest of the body to adjust, and taking too long will make the client suffer.

"Make sure not to move around, and try to think about something to look forward to. Doing this right means I need to do it a bit slower, but I can guarantee that after I'm done, you might just walk better then you did before." She joked, but something was...off. It was taking more mana to fix this than it should, as though she wasn't just healing one person. Erina guessed maybe she was just not used to being on a battlefield like this, and continued her focus on mending the broken leg. Once she was done, she moved on to healing the wound on the other leg. This one was much easier, but just like the other it felt as though it was taking more mana then it should need. After the wound closed up, Erina stood up and picked her staff back up. "Is there anything else you need?" She asked, making sure if possibly there was any other injuries she may have missed.

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Amaya Himura Amaya Himura IDIDMYTIME IDIDMYTIME

Last edited:
Nick lay there, his vision blurry, and the pain soaring, he turned to his side, as he saw a figure moving towards him, the pain was soaring now, and he started to feel the effects, Nick felt blood start to stream out of the open wound, he looked to his leg, and watched the blood slowly pour out, Nick sighed, muttering whatever sound he could muster up after seeing the wound, Nick then turned to his side, staring at the figure come closer, he was disappointed in himself, he rushed in to take all the damage, blows, and cuts just to kill a smaller ventus, he didn't even lay a finger on the towering one. Nick watched as the figure finally arrived. He was able to make out a face. This new figure told him to stay with her, so he did his best to comply. This healer, was doing a good job of keeping him calm. When the unknown healer asked for his name, Nick responded, but very faintly. "Nick... At least that's what people back at home used to call me." Nick was doing his best to hold on, but there was something about the surge of energy he got from harnessing Chernobog's power, it made him defenseless, any hits he might have taken would last, Nick didn't know it yet, but Chernobog was making his body weaker, seeking the perfect time to take over. Once most of his wounds healed, he slowly got back up and replied to this healer's final question, if he needed anything. "No, not physically." Nick replied. He knew something was up with him, but he didn't care. Which, if he kept it up, would be a fatal mistake.

StrayTheCat StrayTheCat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back