• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Swords, Sorcery And Whatever That Monster Torching The Town Is

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With the additional help of some of the Knights and the various soldiers that were present at the camp the effort of moving the corpses was making quick progress and it was likely that all the fallen in the fortress would be relocated to the camp within an hour or so.

Because of this Septimus felt that he best tell someone now about where the Knight of 1 had gone. Seeing that Rinzler was the one effectively in charge at the moment now that the emperor was in a ‘time out’ of sorts imposed by on him by her Septimus figured she was likely the best one to tell.

“Uh, excuse me..” he said trying to get the Knight of 0’s attention as he walked up to her. “I need to report to you something regarding the Knight of 1. While you and the other Knights were infiltrating Grigori’s fortress the Knight of 1 noticed a large amount of smoke coming over the mountains over there that was coming from a nearby town that was burning down” he said pointing in the direction that Kai had run off too. “He rode off atop his horse to investigate what caused the fire and if anyone needed help…” he trailed off at the end “I know as the new Knights of Sumaru we were selected for our capabilities, but I just have a bad feeling about what caused that fire. Entire towns don't just burst into flames spontaneously you know?" he said as he put his hand on his head in worry that he had made the wrong decision not to follow Kai earlier.

Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

Mentions: Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
Trinity stood for a moment before once again, tears were welling up in her eyes. However these were tears of joy as opposed to those from earlier, sniffling she placed her hands together. "Thank you." With that said she began heading over to a relatively spacious clearing near where many of the dead were brought to. Trinity Thricecoined looked down at the ground as she began to pull back her armored fist.

However, she did not bring the fist down to drill into the land. She had thought to herself of the many tales and legends she had heard regarding the burial of dead with possessions that could spark negativity. Certainly clearing the ground with her device that helped condemned these men would bring a negative aura to the area. And she was not wanting to deprive these men of a proper sleep by turning their resting spirits into restless ghosts. So in the end she walked back towards the camp and claimed a shovel. Placing two of her fingers from her non-armored hand in her mouth, she let out a loud whistle.

The ears of her alpaca perked up as she ran towards her owner who was now at work digging a whole. Once her alpaca had arrived, Trinity left the shovel in the dirt as she procured one of the mugs that were attached to her harness. Shortly there after she uncorked a keg which was also part of the steed and allowed the booze to pour into the mug until it was nearly full. She quickly corked the keg back up and she placed the mug on the ground and recovered the shovel and began digging.

"One drink to satiate the Earth..." Trinity said as she continued to dig the hole, in a bit of a self-reminder. Hopefully the keg was going to have enough booze to give all these dead soldiers a proper and traditional, well at least traditional for Trinity's folk, burial.

Mickey's grin went from predatory to mocking, his features softening, brows raising and his tone and body language now mocking as he saw the Emperor quietly crumple like wet paper when actually confronted and called on his crap by someone who wouldn't bend. Not to some shiny baubles nor whatever stupid family they cared to claim. He saw now who held real power and smiled to himself and to the crowd around them who had witnessed the entire exchange. Word of what had happened would spread, of that there was no doubt, rank and file soldiers were as poor keepers of secrets as the prostitutes and gambling dens they frequented. And they had a knack for blowing things out of proportion too.

When Rinzler started leaving, ordering the men to return to their duties, several simply stood in place transfixed by what they had just witnessed until the Knight of Two, taking stock of the situation, signaled the show over with a gesture and some choice parting words: "Y'ALL SAW WHAT JUST WENT DOWN AND HOW, Y'ALL KNOW THE TRUTHS OF THIS MATTER! REMEMBER THEM WELL!". What stragglers remained ran off to do as they would, leaving the giant naked man free to catch up to the Knight of Zero, stopping her with one firm hand to her shoulder: "Few things. One, drop the cap'n stuff, if you wanna call me names call me Champ, whatever yer name is. Two, I don't kill fer no good reason and I got one when he fried me, so...".

Mickey shrugged. It was no empty boast or threat, just a matter of fact assessment of the situation. If the would-be Emperor wanted to remain such, he needed to learn to respect those around him. And on that note, and considering the words of the Knight of Five who had just joined them, he finished: "Three. I respect what you done. Takes stones to come up to me, to take action like that, stones yer boy don't have", at this he took one look at Izuru storming off on his own to mope and moan like any kid, accompanied by a godforsaken talking piece of metal rather than any actual human being, and he spat on the floor once more. "So that's why I tells ya, both of ya: yer dead wrong. He won't ever learn if he don't get put in his place like any kid, he thinks he always right because of who he is, thinks 's all fine cause he could kill whoever says otherwise. That's fucked up".

Noct Noct Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

As the Emperor followed orders and she continued to oversee and assist in any way she could, but before she could grab another soldier, she felt a firm grip on her shoulder. McRory. She turned around to face the large man who stood well over 6 feet, and said shortly, "Yes?"

After Pentario spoke up about the Emperor and as McRory finished his tirade about how he felt about this whole situation, Cypher nodded at each point he brought up, understanding where he was coming from. Unfazed by his tone and the way he spat at the ground, she spoke respectfully to the Knight of Two. "My apologies for not knowing what to call you as we've only met hours ago. If you'd like to begin with introductions, I'd would be happy to comply. You may call me Rinzler, and I appreciate your respect, Champ. Additionally, I understand that you could have died in the fortress; however with your strength and abilities, you came out alive. You are the Knight of Two for that reason."

Her voice became frank. "But because of certain actions that were taken, we could have all died, and yet we're all standing here, alive, and burying our dead."

With the last note he made about the Emperor's growth or lack thereof, she was about to argue something. She's been watching over, guarding, and saving Izuru's life time and time again. She knew him better than anyone. So, she opened her mouth and said, "I'm also sorry that we may have differing views on how the Emperor will learn his lessons. As I've said, he's still a boy, with much to learn about the citizens, about the land, and about himself... It also seems like someone is looking for you." Cypher gestured to a Beastfolk who was making a beeline for Mickey.

"Now, if you'll excuse me." She continued on to help with the burials.

Zerohex Zerohex
Noct Noct
Remmock Remmock

Cypher turned around at the sound of someone saying a little quietly, "Uh, excuse me... I need to report to you something regarding the Knight of One." This piqued her attention fully to who was speaking: The Knight of Seven, Septimus.

"How can I be of service?" she asked and soon listened to what he was telling her. As she took into consideration everything he was reporting, Cypher's brows furrowed a bit. "I see. He went there to investigate the source of the fire, as well as assist any townsperson who may be in danger... Did anyone follow or go to provide assistance to the Knight of One?" She noticed that Septimus seemed worried at what he'd just said. Kai may be in danger if Septimus was not sounding all too chipper about this situation. From just his facial expression, she knew that he felt something was off.

Her voice stayed calm as she said, "Septimus, let's go check up on Kai and see if we can help in any way."

She thought about the possibilities for a moment. If Kai was out there without support or any form of assistance, and she didn't know what he was capable of, let alone any dangers, that may cause an issue. Shouting orders to the legionnaires, more so the ones she commanded, who were continuing with their tasks at hand, "Soldiers! Something has come to my attention, and I and the Knight of Seven will return shortly. I want each of you to continue to help with this, and I promise you that this will be a quick and easy matter." Hearing no objection to her leave, she whistled for her steed Alekzander to come to her side. The white stallion padded over to where she was standing, and Rinzler quickly mounted the saddle without hesitation.

Not wanting the Kobold to worry too much, she said in a softer, more reassuring tone, "Everything will be alright. I plan on just riding there to see that Kai is safe and if any help can be provided. If you would like to stay here and aid in the honoring of these men, you are welcome to stay and do so. I would just ask for the direction of this town." She took a moment before speaking again, "But I believe if we are to get there, I'll need a guide. Would you please ride with me to where this town is?" Cypher offered a hand for Septimus to take so that they may ride together faster to get to the Knight of One. It was up to the Seventh if he would like to lead her to where Kai was.

RatKing RatKing
Mentions:
Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
"Keep that stove hot or so help me the last faces you see shall be those of myself and the Gods, understand?", Rosario snapped at a young officer, failing utterly to hide her rising panic from the field hospital's staff. Though the inside of the tent was sweltering, she tended to the wounded still dressed in a jerkin and helm, overseeing a line of relatively fit soldiers- mostly from the relatively ablebodied Fifth- as they prepared bandage and poultice in rearmost third of the tent.

"Ya sure it's okay to pull us off grave detail?", some sort of vulture-man asked as he stoked the fire.

"There'll be more graves to dig if we don't make haste, Corporal. The dead are dead; if there exists a power in this world which can bring those men back, I've yet to see it."

Two soldiers burst through the flaps, half-dragging a sapper who had managed to survive the collapse and ensuing chaos. His left leg was a mess of ragged flesh and razor shards of bone, already turning gray with mystically-empowered graverot. One of the barber-surgeons directed him to a cot at the near end of the room, stained a rusty brown with reminders of previous patients. The wounded soldier, delirious and glassy-eyed with pain, moaned incoherently as a surgeon crammed a leather belt into his mouth and nodded silently at the Saint.

An amputation.

Nodding wordlessly, Rosario took a rolling pin from a crate of hastily-gathered supplies and knelt down, taking up her position as the surgeon tied a tourniquet. Grabbing hold of the leg, she took a deep breath.

Aimed carefully.

And swung.

A loud crack resounded throughout the tent as the soldier's bones split cleanly apart, forcing a reflexive flinch from all present. The sapper's muffled scream shook Rosario to the core, but such were the duties of a hospitaller. She placed the rolling pin by her side and held out a hand.

"Blade."

A knife, borrowed from a soldier's dinner kit, was plucked from the boiling stovepot and passed down the aisle. She thought, briefly, that she should speak to the soldier before starting; to tell him this would hurt herself more than it hurt him. In the end, she decided against it.

Lying was, after all, a sin.

Izuru sat with Erika and watched the Twelfth Legion practice their battle formations. First was the Tortoise with the soldiers gathering together and locking shields on all sides. Next was the Black Rook with Black Mages attacking with elemental magic from the back of the formation. Finally he watched the Arrow Hail, where almost of the arrows hit something. Erika was knitting a scarf as Izuru didn't have one. Punching the ground in frustration, Izuru silently growled. Pulling out a piece of manticore jerky, he began gnawing on it. The manticore had been giving the village of Crampton trouble, so it was killed by the Twelfth. While they were rowdy, they were good fighters. "I've lost my touch Erika... My plans almost always fail and I only ADD to the body count. Plus I can't understand my subjects anymore..." The reason people trusted Izuru to rule in the first place was because he actively made sure to EARN their trust. Originally he did this because he wanted control over the people to rise up against his father but... he changed. Pulling something from his belt, Izuru gingerly held his gladius. The scabbard was a fake-out he used for his quick draw. The blade had been retractable ever since he damaged it fighting the Mad Kings Knights. His old friend Eitri had repaired and enhanced it. Though the main reason this sword was special to Izuru is because it is the only present Rinzler ever gave him. As his mind turned to the past, he noticed something in the bushes...

Telling Erika to stand by, Izuru approached the bushes silently. With a hand on his sword, Izuru got ready to strike at whatever was there. Stabbing the bush, Izuru found his blade connect with nothing but foliage. Skulking out of another bush, a wolf with silver eyes stared at him. He had seen those silver eyes before. Padding away, the wolf beckoned Izuru to follow it. Over large rocks, under falling trees and through a freezing river, Izuru continued to follow the silent predator. Finally they arrived at an enclosure filled with wolves. In the middle of the pack was a large red female she-wolf. Growling at Izuru, she had the wolf Izuru had been following sit beside her. Izuru knelt and tried to keep his eyes away from her. Your scent has changed... you smell of cowardice, uncertainty and stupidity The She-Wolf didn't speak in word but in movements of her body. "Lupa… I..." Izuru stammered as the She-Wolf stared him down. I don't know whether to be angry that you forsook my teachings or amazed that somehow you managed to become even more of an idiot than when I met you Lupa said with murder in her eyes. She very well COULD murder him right now. Lupa valued strength above all else, if Izuru was weak in her eyes, she would devour him without hesitation.

When I met you, you were a pathetic excuse for a creature. Armed only with the blade in your hand, you were raw and untested Lupa gestured to Izuru's gladius. Izuru's mentor, the Sage Verity was a wise and talented instructor. However she was also a deviant and a schemer. When Izuru was thirteen, she and Rinzler threw Izuru down a canyon into Lupa's hunting grounds. Izuru had become haughty and arrogant because of the strength he was gaining in his lessons. Sage Verity wanted to give the young prince a reality check. Rinzler sent the sword down after him. Not because she cared about Izuru, she only wanted to see how much he would struggle using it. Lupa and her pack found a crying and fretful Izuru and tested him against a monster. Having never experienced live combat. He failed to even scratch it and a savage Lupa sent her wolves after Izuru. Barely managing to outwit the beasts, Izuru managed to direct lightning at the monster. Finishing it off with his sword, Izuru earned his place in the pack. Training with the wolves, Izuru learned their ways. Izuru learned that in this world, either he killed his prey...or they would kill him. Lupa constantly reminded her charge that life was never fair and he had to bleed for what he wanted. Conquer or Die was the lesson she burned into his mind. Every day he was pitted against monsters who he would kill to survive. Having to eat these monsters stirred the parts of Izuru that were demonic. Ripping, piercing and biting the flesh of his enemies began to consume him. Soon he was almost as wild as the wolves he hunted with. The boy had become a beast. Lupa had forged him into a warrior strong enough to do what needed to be done. When Verity pulled him out, Izuru immediately got his vengeance on both of them. From that point on, much of Izuru vision for Sumaru involved control, unification and power

Now he was in front of Lupa again, weak and afraid...

“I don’t know who “Kazume” is. You got the wrong guy. My name is Kuto.” The red scarf came loose and dropped over his coat.

Kai noticed the red scarf and went silent. This was there mother’s knitting. With all pent up rage Kai remembered what happened years ago. ‘Live long and strong little brother and come find me when you’re older and stronger. I will be waiting.’ Kai remembered those words snd the emotionless face that always rested on Kazumr’s face. His hair covered his face as Kai’s aura sprouted out blue with white outlining. It soon changed with red aura and black outlining the force of the aura made the trees shift. “Kazume... no Kuto... How can you walk around knowing you were the cause of your mother’s death...”

Covering his face as the wind blew roughly he noticed the aura shot up to the sky like a beacon. “The anger of a Dragon.” He said watching as his little brother charged up.

Kai finally finished as he had scales on his face and all over his body under his clothe. His eyes were still dragonoid as he dashed at high speed to Kuto going for a swing.

Blocking the attack by gripping two hands on his blade there was a clearing of snow beneath them from the force of the swing. It even cracked up a bit of the earth beneath them. Kuto backed up and went for a heavy swing to Kai’s neck.

Kai ducked over it going for a stab as his blade was caught in the circle in the middle of Kuto’s blade. “What?”

Kuto had slammed his blade in the ground to catch Kai’s. He was stabbed by the tip of Kai’s blade. “Yuki, prepare for the others to arrive. Create us the fastest creature, by sky to get us out of here.” Blood stained Kuto’s coat. “You’ve gotten strong little brother. I can’t use fire magic on you because it’ll have no affect. So this may hurt me and kill you.” Kuto paused lookingbat his little brother in the eyes. “Diablo. Mark Two.” Kuto extends his arm, opens his palm and turns his hand up at a 90 degree angle. He then powers up and fires a powerful energy sphere at the opponent. This attack creates an enormous explosion upon contact and leaves a huge mushroom cloud. The force of the attack destroyed a huge portion of the forest and most likely blew Yuki back. Kuto was able to properly charge the attack instead of rushing because his opponent was unable to move.
Juju Juju
Surroundings: RubyZoo RubyZoo

Upon being asked if Kai had anyone go along with him to lend assistance Septimus simply shook his head side to side. “No, no one went with him. He went alone” he said realizing how foolish it was of him to let him go without at least some soldiers from either his or Kai’s regiment to follow.

Likely noticing Septimus’s worried tone of voice and distraught look, Rinzler came to the decision for them to go look for Kai and check up on him. Composing himself a bit upon hearing this Sept knew he could not refuse to go off to the burning town this time, if Kai was indeed in danger it would be partly his fault for not accompanying him or having someone else go in his place. Likewise it would also be his fault if Rinzler traveled alone to the town and encountered some danger along the way that he could have been there to help subdue. “I’d be glad to ride with you to the town” he said grabbing the hand Rinzler offered to him so he could be pulled up atop her horse. “He rode off into the forest over there” he said pointing in the direction he had seen Kai head into as the two started traveling forwards towards the town.

Not very long into their ride toward the burning town, however, the sound of a large explosion broke the relative silence in the forest as a shock wave rocked the area and a mushroom shaped cloud took shape overhead in the distance. “I think I have an idea of where exactly he may be” Septimus said as he looked at the cloud with some worry in his voice. It was what he was concerned about when he had decided not to follow Kai to the burning town earlier. Something or someone was leaving behind a trail of destruction and now it seems that whatever it was found something else to destroy.

I hope my luck is with me on this one and that we can make it there before its too late.

Amaya Himura Amaya Himura
Mentions: Gohan510 Gohan510

[Fun fact: much like holy magic vs demons, demonic magic is very strong against forest spirits like Kitsune.]

Yuki wasn't quite sure what was going on between the two, but she got a good idea when she saw a familiar burst of magic erupt around the knight of one. Were they... related? Their fighting styles may differ, but she could see the same ferocity behind the attacks. There wasn't much time to ponder on it, for Kuto soon ordered a retreat, but as she turned around to begin drawing the creature she did overhear him say "little brother".

In these words she also picked up"Diablo: Mark II", which was not a good thing to hear at this distance. The kitsune abruptly stopped in her tracks and began to quickly create a circle of ink. "Nononowait" She cried out only for her voice to be drowned out by a thunderous roar of demonic flames. Although the shield saved her from the initial blast, it shattered soon after and left her defenseless against the flaming debris as she was thrown through the air.

Yuki's first act after coming to a full stop was letting out a pathetic whimper. Everything hurt and when she opened her eyes all she could see for a time was blurred shapes. Her nose was filled with the scent of burnt trees and singed fur.

'Get... up...' she urged herself after her first attempt failed. Her limbs trembled from the effort and her sides heaved but she forced herself to wrestle down the pain. 'Stop being so weak and GET UP!' With fangs bared she managed to summon up all her strength and haul herself onto her paws. Yuki's fur was littered with cuts and burns but she didn't have time to nurse them. One knight was something she and Kuto could handle, maybe even two, but if more came then there would be a problem. So she bit back the pain and got to work painting a new creature.

After a few moments a blur of white feathers burst out of the blackened snow, showering the torched earth in clumps of white. A giant white bird then landed in front of Yuki and lowered its head as if to bow. The kitsune, now in human form, sluggishly climbed onto its back and ordered it to take off. With one movement of its wings the bird and rider shot upwards, the sheer speed nearly knocking Yuki off its back. Maybe she had made it a little too fast. The blackened trees were nothing but a blur beneath the two as they soared above the carnage towards Kuto. On route, Yuki spotted a lone rider blazing down the village path. At least, she assumed there was only one.

It didn't take long before Yuki and her creature were hovering overhead, each wingbeat of the bird creating small clouds of ash. "Kuto, come on! I think I saw someone heading for the village. " she called down to him, warning him of the rider she had seen.

Interaction: Gohan510 Gohan510
VERY FAST BIRB AT INCREDIBLE HIHG SPEED: RatKing RatKing Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

After getting Alekzander to gallop as fast and safely as possible through the snow in the direction Septimus pointed, the sound of a large explosion frightened the stallion a bit causing him to halt. "Woah there, Alekzander."

She heard the Knight of Seven speak, and knowing what he meant, she nodded her head. Cypher changed the direction of her horse towards the explosion. Their surroundings changed, she noted that the trees were incinerated and as they got closer, the snow became black with ash. Hearing shouts and blades clashing, Rinzler hopped off her steed and prepared herself for the worst.

"Stay here, buddy." she said to the horse, and he blew out a huff of air in understanding. From where she left her horse, Cypher saw as a fox-like beastfolk fly back, and a magic bird tore through the snow and hovered over the individual. She heard the being on the bird -- a female voice -- shout out to someone below. Rinzler not wasting another second formed icicles and launched them at the white bird, tearing through some of its feathers.

"Septimus, I need you to find Kai and assess his injuries. Make sure that explosion didn't kill him."

The Knight of Zero rushed to the scene, forming an ice sword in her right hand and lifted some snow from the ground with her left, melting it for her to use. Seeing another warrior, who was definitely not the man she met at the Inauguration, she formed more large icicles and rapidly threw them at the man. Because the blast was powered by magic, the individual seemed a bit wary, almost looking dizzy. After the icicles pinned the cloaked individual to a tree, Rinzler encased his body with ice making sure to subdue him, leaving only his head unfrozen for air.

When Cypher got a good look at him she noticed a mask, also covered in ashes. And beneath the mask were scars. One scar in particular on his chin caught her eye as it looked strange. It was small, but crooked, almost zigzag-like. Not many things cause that kind of scar to form. But this man may have been the one who endangered Kai and caused the fire, jeopardizing the citizens.

She approached him, eyes ablaze with fury. Drawing her frozen sword to his neck and through clenched teeth, she snarled, "Who the hell are you?"

RatKing RatKing
Juju Juju
Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
Skyler got conscious again, laying on the burnt ground in the village that is up in flames. Trying to get up, she felt pain in one of her legs and looked down at it. It had a piece of blackened wood that cut through her leg. She tried grabbing onto something to hoist herself up but everything around her was in flames. She got up by herself, struggling a lot, but soon did it. She looked around, trying to remember where she came from. She headed off in a random direction but then remembered. She was so excited, she forgot about her leg. She started running but then the pain reminded her and she winced in pain. She dragged her leg as she head out of the village. Everywhere she looked, their seemed to be buildings burning. Almost at the edge of the village, she heard a creaking noise and saw a building about the crash down. She did her best to run away from it and did but in the nick of time. She was out in the forest know but she didn't stop. She was afraid for her life so she kept on going. After a while, she couldn't take the pain any more. She heard voices up ahead but didn't care. she collapsed on the ground, tired from getting out of the village.

"If this is the end, at least I know will get to see my family in the afterlife" she said quietly to herself, then went unconscious again.

He looked at Kuto directly in the eyes as there was nothing but a shining red under his eyes and next thing you know an explosion had happened. It blew Kai away from Kuto losing grip of his sword. Kai laid there on his stomach unable to move. Kai struggled to get up as every inch of his body was aching. He heard Kuto ask him before the explosion happened ask why Kai was holding back. Kai holding back was the only reason he was being caught in a situation like this. It was cause the town not to far from them is what had stopped Kai. In his mind there had to be people around.

Only moments after he his allies arrive. Thanks to Septimus that is Kai didnt have to anything crazy. Before he knew it Kuto was pinned against the wall. “She’s good.” Kai had wounds all over him his jacket was blown off but his shirt stayed by a couple of pieces. His skin was scaled, but he didn’t seem that hurt. “You held back too Kazume.”

Everything happened to fast as he was being called by Yuki to being pinned against a tree. “Cypher.” He said calmly with his poker face. Not a bit of emotion came out of his speech. “You came across my mission, once again.” He gave off a calm smirk.

Kai crouched down grabbing his blade standing back up looking at knight of 0 and Kazume fight. “Why’d you change your name?”

“Everyone has questions for me huh?” Kuto chuckled a bit. “My name is Kuto Kurosaki.”

Juju Juju Amaya Himura Amaya Himura RatKing RatKing

Last edited:
As the two approached the epicenter of where the explosion had gone off the surrounding area began to show more and more signs of the devastation caused by it. Limbs of trees littered the area, smaller trees were even partially uprooted, and the snow was had become noticeably darker from the ash.

Hopping off of Rinzler’s steed when she did, Septimus spotted what looked like a fox-like beastfolk taking off at a high speed into the air on the back of a massive white bird. Though something was off about the individual from the glimpse he was able to see of them. Beastfolk typically resembled a kind of animal but with a humanoid figure and the individual on the bird had looked more like a human than they did a fox. If they were a beastfolk they were not like any Septimus had seen before.

Rinzler taking the lead toward the area where the explosion had gone off ordered Septimus to find Kai and assess his injuries, that is if the explosion had not killed him. Not having to be told twice Septimus ran over to Kai who lay near the epicenter of the explosion.

“Kai!” he called out seeing the Knight struggling to get up. “I got you. Just take it easy, your pretty banged up with all the wounds on you” he said noticing his tattered clothing and wounded scaled skin. Huh, guess he really is part dragon. After handing Kai his blade and helping him stand back up Septimus readied his weapons and faced the man who was responsible for the explosion and likely also the fire that engulfed the town.

Gohan510 Gohan510 Amaya Himura Amaya Himura Juju Juju

[DO A BARREL ROLL!]

Seeing the incoming hail of icicles, Yuki ducked her head behind the bird's feathery mane and pressed herself tightly against its back. The beast gave an alarmed shriek and twisted its wings, sending the two out of harms way in a graceful sideways spiral. Well, mostly. Some of the icy spikes had managed to pierce through the bird's white wings, but thankfully most of the damage had been avoided. To avoid similar attacks, the two ascended higher into the air and began to circle the clearing.

"We need backup..." Yuki said to herself. She hissed in alarm when Kuto was trapped in an icy cocoon, the woman's blade pressed against his neck. 'Hang in there Kuto...' He could easily melt ice, being a fire-caster, but with that sword to his throat his options were limited. What he needed was a distraction.

Then Yuki got an idea.

Pressing her hand into the bird's shoulder, she commanded it to call the wolves. The bird's eyes changed color and it lifted its head to emit a long wavering howl that echoed through the scarred forest. For a bird, it sounded strangely like a wolf.

----
All three wolves looked up at the same time, but it was the skull-headed wolf that answered the call. She had just fastened her jaw around her latest victim's neck, but upon hearing the summoning seemed to forget all about the crying human. Crisp and dry like the cracking of bone, her howl rung out through the deep forests where many of the villagers had fled to in hopes of safety. Snow scattered beneath the alpha's paws as she sprinted towards the call, the other two flanking her on both sides.
---

** AFTER YALL ARE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR DIALOGUE **

A single shudder of the bushes was all the warning Rinzler and Sept got before the pack struck. One of the lesser wolves was the first to emerge and leapt at Sept from behind (attempt), trying to bring him to the ground while its fangs searched for the nape of his neck. When Rinzler turned her head to look back at the new threat (which I only assume she would) the other two appeared. The smallest wolf leapt for Rinzler's sword arm during the split second her attention was turned and clamped its fangs down onto it, dragging it downwards [like a police doggo!] while shaking its head. Only then did the alpha exit the bushes. Her hollow eyes locked with Rinzler's for a moment before she charged.

(Unleash da puppers!)
(Will the teeth expose Rin's arm scales? Who knows???)
Gohan510 Gohan510 RatKing RatKing Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

Still glaring at the masked man, she held the sword closer to his throat; it's razor edge just a millimeter away from making contact. She knew that scar came from something peculiar. And that voice... it felt like it was from another time. A suppressed memory came to mind when this man called her "Cypher." No one has called me by first name basis outside family, or... no. We swore we would never meet after that mission...

A slight smile turned Rinzler's lips upward when he introduced himself. Just like before. She didn't lower her weapon, but her eyes softened, if only from fury to a hateful glare.

"Kuto... Kuto goddamn Kurosaki. I thought we agreed to never cross paths again. And of all places and of all people to fight, you take on Kai, The Knight of One. I thought you were better than this." She shook her head and almost scoffed at the nerve of this man. "We met once, years ago, for that bastard of a Lord. That mission..." She paused. "Just as you've done today, you destroy. You set that town on fire, and you're running away. You decide to fight someone, leave a scar on this earth, and run away. Just as before."

Anger filled her eyes once more, and the frozen weapon compressed as she gripped it forming an even more solid almost crystalline sword. "You and I both know you breathe fire, but not today. When the fire is ablaze for too long, it needs to be put out." Rinzler got really close to his face, daring him to try anything stupid. Her own breath was ready to counteract his fire. If he tried anything idiotic, she may as well slaughter him against this tree.

Gohan510 Gohan510 RatKing RatKing Juju Juju

"Well isn't this strange?" Kuto noticed that strange Kobolt or whatever they were called. He could feel the blade even though it didn't touch him. His heart twisted and turned as an emotion balled up hasn't ever exited till now, this was a long lost lover of his. One that he promised to never see again to conflict with his new found self. Kuto smirked and closed his eyes as he listened to her, he rested nicely in this ice cocoon. "Destruction brings chance to start anew." He knew saying that would spark a trigger in Cypher, because it was the last thing he said to her before leaving. "You know that's not you to be so pushy." At this point he was teasing the knight of 0. "Go ahead Kai, tell her."

Kai looked at Kuto with a worried expression. "His real name is Kazume Fullbring Takeshi. My older brother." Kai stated to the other two that didn't know of their origin. Kai gulped as he noticed Rinzler was getting agitated. She was getting closer and closer to him. "Thanks Sept!"

"I never ran, I did what you asked. "Go away Kuto! Get away from here! I will never follow you in your path of destruction!" He mocked her. "I do as I please like I've been doing. You are serving a weak emperor and you know it yourself. The fact you convinced my little brother to help you, silly. You even got that weird looking guy over there." He moved his head towards Septimus. Noticing Kai standing in front of him in a sign of defense. "Just like then I will leave a scar on you like I did before." He mentioned the burn on her left leg that he had accidently caused on their past mission. Kuto looked at Cypher directly in her eyes as she got closure to him. "Was seeing me leave the first time no enough for you. You've gotten stronger, a lot stronger since I seen you." Kuto continued to tease her with his emotionless face, the charcoal sooner or later cleared off his face which made it clear.

Kai was listening to Kuto speak, this was the most Kuto ever spoken to someone. Which meant she was important to him in some way. Was it the retaliation that happened with the prison escape that happened years ago? The outbreak? Kai heard the weird howl as he looked up to the sky and saw the white bird. "What's that?" Kai asked Septimus watching it closely, and what was it trying to signal?
Juju Juju RatKing RatKing Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

Lucas was in the middle of something, he didn't want to be. He had a hood on hiding his identity. He was merely enjoying some food, when everything had happened. The werewolves attacking, it was just crazy. However, Lucas tried to stay out of it at first. "Keep out of sight, Than you'll be out of mind."
This didn't work though. Lucas had seen people getting attacked and he couldn't stand it. After the third person was attack, he raced into action. He ran and pushed the wolf off of the innocent person. Soon after though, the wolf had risen and was coming close to Lucas and the villager.
Lucas than clutched his hand and they glowed green. Suddenly multiple Lucas's popped up and grabbed the multiple injured villagers and ran in different directions. The wolf followed one away. The real Lucas was actually there the entire time behind an illusion wall. He plopped next to the injured and started to tend to their wounds.
The wounds quickly healed under the glowing hands of Prince Lucas.
Soon after the injuries were done another wolf had appeared and started to come after Lucas. Lucas had rolled to dodge the pounce , but his hood was caught and slid off him revealing his face.
The villager soon recognized him and shouted, "Tis Prince Lucas of The Eastern Provinces"
Lucas rolled his eyes as the attention soon brought more wolves.

She made sure that Septimus had made it to the First, and that they were on their feet. Who knew what the accomplice was capable of. She knew that with them on their feet, they would make it back to camp. Hopefully nothing else has exploded or something stupid had occurred, especially leaving them there with the Emperor. I hope everyone's doing alright.

When Kai introduced his brother, it only made Rinzler hate Kuto's guts even more. She commented without much emotion, "Seems pretty commonplace for bandits to change their names." Yes, he was a bandit. And yes, one time she was sent on a mission. And yes, he was on a similar, well, the exact same mission. They fought well together to kill a common enemy and target. It worked, if only for that mission. He'd seen her skills at the time, which were much less refined and powerful as they were today. Even he has improved from that mission. Being able to say that the both of them have grown made Rinzler feel slightly proud.

But that didn't change how she felt about him.

Whenever he spoke, she felt as though more memories would resurface, and those were buried deep below even secrets she may or may not remember. Had she any idea that Kai was his sibling before beginning the next Knights of Sumaru, she might have second guessed herself. However, she knew that deep down, she'd made the right decision to recommend Kai to be a Knight.

He also made a comment about the Emperor. She internally sighed. He was right, but she wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

Cypher hated the way his monotonous voice carried on about their past. Even that wretched scar was still burned into her memories and on her leg. He'd injured her on the mission, at the very tail end when he was too excited about the bounty he was about to receive. Kuto had thrown his arms out around him accidentally igniting a fire, burning her leg. He'd been somewhat of a gentleman nursing the wound, but it left a scar. By now, it looked smaller now that she'd grown, but she kept it in bandages, beneath clothing, and in her boot.

"The past is the past. And scars fade, just as memories. I'm glad to see that the little one I gave you hasn't faded all that much." She said as she referred to the little scar on his chin. "I'd prefer for you to keep that one, but in the case it decides to fade, you may have this one." said as she stabbed him in the shoulder. She knew that nothing was truly damaged, but any form of time or medicine could not reverse the oncoming scar. "A little sentiment of today." she added.

Answering his question, she spoke, "And leaving was the best thing that you could do." Never letting her guard down, Cypher stated. "And by the way, Kazume," She spat out his name with pure venom. "You may call me Rinzler."

Gohan510 Gohan510
RatKing RatKing
Juju Juju

Kazume Fullbring Takeshi...Kai’s older long lost brother” Septimus thought to himself. Kai had told him earlier how he had hoped to find his brother by becoming the Knight of 1 and it had seemed that fate had made it so the two brothers would cross paths once again upon the day Kai had been inaugurated as a new Knight of Sumaru. That or Sept's luck was starting to rub off on those around him.

"What's that?" he heard Kai ask after the sound of a wolf’s howl resonated across the snow covered forest. The question took Septimus’s attention away from the confrontation between Rinzler and Kuto which he was watching intently. Sept was impressed with just how quickly Rinzler was capable of establishing her control in a given situation as she was able to quickly restrain and begin questioning Kuto and earlier she had de-escacalated the situation with the emperor at the camp.

Now looking for what caused the sound Septimus spotted the white bird that he had briefly seen the fox-like beastfolk atop of earlier. It was now flying high above the forest to keep out of range of being attacked and was seemingly watching over the confrontation. “Oh thats---” he said before he was interrupted by the sound of another howl going through the air. Gripping his sword tightly and readying his shield, Septimus had a feeling that something was coming their way but he didn't know from where. “That's probably an ally of your brother, there's a beastfolk atop the bird and I think they just called for some help” he said finishing his sentence before trying to listen for what he presumed to be approaching wolves. Though exactly how many Sept didn't have the slightest idea.

Not too long from when the second howl was heard Septimus heard a sudden rustle behind him and as he pivoted in place to face the threat, a black wolf had leapt out of the bush and collided with Sept. The wolf, however, collided with his right shoulder as he was caught mid turn which caused him to momentarily lose his balance as he stumbled to the side a bit but overall he was relatively unharmed as his armor and scales kept him well protected. Luckily for him though the wolf had not caught the landing after colliding with Sept from its leap and as it was picking itself off from the ground Septimus took the opportunity to charge at it and bring his sword down upon its back and slicing through it.

Juju Juju Gohan510 Gohan510

Last edited:
Kai listened to Septimus as he mentioned there was a beastfolk on top of a bird. "I think her name was Yuki Kazume had said?" Kai continued to watch the bird, but at the same time watch the knight of 0 talk down to his brother. He was impressed, but felt disrespected in a way as she was bashing him, he was unable to move and she stabbed him.

Kuto smirked as he got stabbed, he chuckled as well hearing the bird cry out for help. She was trying to get the wolves from earlier to come and help, interesting he thought that was as Yuki was attempting to buy him some time.

Kai flashed stepped to Rinzler and grabbed her out the way of getting chomped down by two wolves. "One of them looked bigger than the other two. Sept already killed one." He landed on the tree Kuto was on, as he carried Rinzler bridal style. He felt a burst of heat from the branch as he flashed stepped them away from the tree, he put Rinzler down and turned to see the tree in flames. "He was waiting to do that huh?" Kai looked at the tree as it turned to nothing.

"Rinzler yeah? Cypher it'll all be the same." Kuto cracked his bones as he stretched his shoulders. The two remaining wolves surrounded him. He grabbed his blade as it was pierced into the ground, he looked at Septimus. "You're my brother's friend right? Keep him safe." Kuto said this because the other two couldn't hear him over the fire. Kuto rested his blade on his shoulders looking up to the bird. He walked off into the distance till he got under the bird from down bellow. "Cypher next time we cross. You will realize what I have said today to be true." Kuto jumped from the larger tree till he was able to flash step on the birds back. "Let's go."
Juju Juju RatKing RatKing Amaya Himura Amaya Himura

Lupa and her pack led Izuru to a town ablaze, wolves attacking everyone. The hairy beasts were almost as large as Lupa was. They were also almost as feral as she could get. A small girl ran over to Izuru with a wolf on her tail. Jumping into the fray, Izuru struck at the beast with his sword. The blade connected with the beasts hide and harmlessly bounced off. Rolling out of the way of its attack, Izuru was confused. This sword was a high quality dwarven blade, only powerful magic could negate it like this beast did. Lupa and her pack watched from a distance. This was Izuru's fight, they would give him no assistance. The wolf pounces on Izuru and knocks him to the ground. Holding its head, Izuru struggles to stop it from tearing his throat out. Throwing it into a tree, Izuru could have sworn he heard its bones break. Just as he gets up to look for the girl, the wolf attacks him from behind. Clawing his back and almost pinning him to the ground, Izuru was at the mercy of this creature. As it bit into his back and tried to consume his flesh, Izuru elbowed it in the genitals. The whimpering beast is then grabbed and pinned by an livid Izuru. Using his right hand, Izuru tore out its eye and stuck his hand into the wound. The wolf shakes him off and Izuru rolls back into the snow. Staring at Izuru with its one eye, he hoped this fight was easier. Slowly but surely, the eye began to regenerate. It was then that Izuru remembered something his mother told him when he was a child...

Izuru had been a very young child at the time. One of his maids was discriminated against for being Wolfkin. Some of the human staff called her a monster and a feral beast. Queen Izanami had told him that Wolfkin were feared by some for being "Werewolves". Izuru asked his mother what a werewolf was, Rinzler hadn't told him about werewolves. According to her, hundreds of years ago, a Wolfkin named Lycaeus and his tribe insulted a witch named Verity by feeding her rotten food. In response she cursed them to become horrible wolfish beasts who craved the flesh of the innocent. They could only be permanently damaged by particularly strong or ancient magic and silver. Even breaking all of their bones and tearing out their heart would only slow them down. Though their weaknesses were supposed to grow depending on how diluted their version of the curse was. Izanami said that the reason some feared Wolfkin was because they could spread their lycanthropic curse to others of any race through a single bite. Izuru said that was stupid and went to go play with that maid.

Now Izuru knew that werewolves were very real and very dangerous. Leaping at Izuru, he punched the wolf in the face and shot a fireball at it. While the werewolf whimpered in pain, its burns soon began to heal. Soon a few more werewolves stepped out of the shadows and got ready to gang up on Izuru. Launching themselves at him, Izuru either punched, kicked or threw them away. He needed time to think of a plan. Using the fear energy in the air, Izuru converted it into magic and healed his wounds. Seems there were enough scared people for Izuru to power himself with. Teleporting a short distance from his foes, Izuru tried to lead the werewolves away from the people. Running from them, Izuru ended up leading himself to a cliff. On the way, he had desperately searched Baggy for a silver weapon. Unfortunately, he didn't find anything useful. Cornered and out of options, Izuru stood his ground. Picking up a piece of wood, Izuru hit an incoming werewolf across the face. While not fatal, it probably hurt for the wolf. Izuru continued to smack werewolves in the face. Eventually his stick broke knocking a werewolf off of the cliff. Then a werewolf came up and knocked Izuru off of the same cliff. Falling with wolves dogging him at every angle kept Izuru from bracing himself from the impact of slamming into the frozen lake below. Opening his eyes, he something stuck in ice in front of him. It was a long wooden handle with a metal pommel. Getting up, he noticed the werewolves had regained their bearings as well. Gripping the handle, he yanked whatever was inside and clubbed the werewolf with it. The ice that had been covered it had now shattered. Izuru was holding a well balanced battle axe with runic carvings similar to the ones he saw on Sage Verity's clothes. Blocking the bite attack of a werewolf with the handle, Izuru kicked it back and brought the blade down on its head. Unlike with his sword, the axe sunk into the werewolves skull as blood splattered everywhere. Izuru theorized that the weapon was silver! Swinging the werewolves corpse around, Izuru knocked back its brethren. Throwing the axe, Izuru pierced the throat of another werewolf. Running at the corpse, Izuru grabbed his axe and used it to cut off the front legs of another werewolf before beheading it. Two wolves remained and attacked Izuru at the same time. Izuru ducked under the first wolf and slammed his axe into its back before grabbing its wound and tearing the beast in half. The final werewolf ran from Izuru in terror. Chucking the top half of its kin at it, Izuru tripped the werewolf up. Teleporting over, Izuru severed its legs before readying the killing blow.

"Conquer or Die" Izuru said as he brought the axe down on its throat...

As Lucas stood and to face the on coming wolves, he noticed a new being. He had just brought an axe down on the throat of another werewolf. Lucas thought to himself, My face has already been shown. So I better go ahead and assist.
Lucas heads over to the stranger and smiles as equips his bow and notch a white arrow. The bow had the crest of Lucas's family ,but he didn't care. He had to help the people around him before anyone got hurt.
Otherwise, he would have to do a lot of curing and healing. Lucas shuddered at the thought. He had cured a werewolf's bite before, with holy magic, but it had put a strain on himself.
Lucas looked at the stranger and than turned his attention to more wolves coming. Lucas shot the first wolf with and arrow right in the forehead.
Lucas than rolled and pulled another arrow out of his quiver and stabbed the next wolf in the abdomen cavity with it.
Lucas smiled as his arrows where made with pure silver. He quickly pulled the arrow out and turned and shot another wolf beside the stranger and spoke.
"I know introductions are not quite in order yet stranger, but I shall be more than happy to assist you.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

The strangers help was not unwelcome, so Izuru accepted. Though he did throw his axe at the werewolf the stranger pegged. Seems whatever his arrows were made of were silver. Holding out his hand, he used the Dark Art: Magnet to pull the axe back to his grasp. "These things are werewolves. Silver is the best option against them" Izuru then rummaged through Baggy. His clothes had been ruined in that fight. Donning a new lightly armored black coat, Izuru crafted a simple holster for his axe. Placing it in its holster, Izuru nodded at the stranger. "These wolves are causing too much trouble. ORDER must be restored to these people" Said Izuru in a stern voice. These creatures were causing chaos for the people of this village. Izuru had to put his issues aside and purge them from this place. Not a single werewolf was allowed to leave. His hands began to shake as he breathed unsteadily for a moment. Then he remembered a lesson Lupa had given him after he failed to kill a rabbit to feed himself. Young Izuru couldn't kill such an innocent creature. Lupa snapped its neck when it used the sympathy it was given to escape. Never hesitate to kill your prey...

"I am Izuru.... we have much to do" Said Izuru as he began to make his way back to the village. There he found another group of werewolves attacking a family. Spinning his axe, Izuru leapt at the werewolves. Grabbing one, he threw it to the ground and chopped its head off. Pouncing at Izuru, another werewolf got an axe to the gut. A werewolf seemed to run away for reinforcements. Izuru threw his axe at it and cleaved through its head. Kicking one of the werewolves he had been battering into the line of his recent kill. Izuru recalled his axe, which came through the chest of the werewolf and sent blood flying everywhere. Using the back of his axe, Izuru pierced the throat, eye and skull of the final wolf. Stomping on the body, Izuru made doubly sure it was dead. "How many did you get?" Izuru asked his new ally who seemed to be dealing with his own problems. The family of northerners thanked the two warriors before heading off.

Izuru saw a werewolf see them from far away. Chasing after it, Izuru used his gathered fear energy to throw his axe past the wolf. Recalling it, he managed to cut into her side as his weapon came back to his hand. While it managed to escape his field of view, Izuru found it left a trail of blood. Following the blood, he soon found its source lying on her side and breathing heavily. The werewolf had reverted to her form as a Dark Elf. Wandering over with his companion, Izuru grabbed the wounded woman and forced her up against a tree by her throat. "Tell me who sent you! NOW!" He said as he temporarily tightened his grip. Maybe they were just as regenerative as humans. Though they still felt pain, which Izuru was happy to dish out. "He...will kill you for this....Master Lycaeus will kill all of you filthy Humans, Eves, Dwarves, Demons, Dragons and especially those disgusting Beastfolk!" She spat at Izuru, who dodged it. For that, Izuru slammed her into a rock next to the tree. "Where is this Master Lycaeus?" He asked while blood oozed from her head. She didn't say anything. Izuru picked up a stick and shoved it through her hand. With permission, he borrowed an arrow from his ally and used that to pierce her OTHER hand. "I...will not...betray my Master..." She said with tears in her eyes. Izuru took his axe and cut off the lower half of her legs. There was an audible hiss as the silver made her scream in pain. "Just...Kill Me...." She pleaded as the pain seemed to overwhelm her. In response, Izuru cut off the tops of her arms. She screamed even more loudly. "KILL ME!! PLEASE!!!" She yelled as Izuru grew even more displeased. Chopping what little leg she had left off, the Dark Elf almost passed out. Izuru woke her up by poking her eye and digging deep. "HE'S IN THE CAVE UNDER THE MOUNTAIN WITH THREE TIPS" She had been broken. Izuru decapitated her swiftly and sheathed his axe before turning to the stranger. "I'm sorry you had to see that. However more lives could have been lost if I didn't have info on where her superiors were. Chaos must not be allowed to reign supreme. These monsters must be found and purged for their actions. Only then can peace return" He said, only half confident in his words. While Izuru knew that these monsters must be destroyed, he was unsure of whether he would just fail and get people killed like he did with Grigori. "Will you join me?" He asked with a hand extended...

DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha

Lucas nodded. "my arrows are made of pure silver." Lucas stood up and shot another few werewolves. He wasn't gunna let any wolves get past him, he than started to collect his arrows and flick off the blood.
Lucas looked at his new ally. " I've shot down 8 of them." Lucas walked over and looked at his ally face to face. "My name is Lucas, Lucas..............." his voice than trails off. "Nevermind it's not important." Lucas than thought to himself. Maybe, he hasn't recognized me. I better just be silent about my heritage.
Lucas looks at the body that Izuru had laying at his feet.
"Izuru, I fear that we may need more assistance at least in a certain way."
Lucas raises one hand towards the opposite direction. Lucas's eyes glow and a green mist surrounds his hand. Than before them at least 20 soldiers on horses appear.
Lucas looks at Izuru. "These are not real soldiers ,but simply Illusions. With these we will at least look like we have the upper hand. Than we may be provided with an opportunity."
Lucas than raises another hand and holy white light surrounds that hand and direct in front of Lucas a White Fox appears. "Grow my friend." lucas speaks to the fox and it grows to the size of a Horse.
Lucas Mounts the beast and nods to Izuru. "I will join you. Please accept my blessing."
Lucas raises both hands and speaks. "Blessing of the angels. Blessings of the Gods, Blessings of the holy creatures."
As a holy light surrounds Izuru. His speed and strength rising, stamina becoming easier and lasting longer.
The breathes hard and than looks forward. "I will support you as much as possible. I will heal your injuries and provide you protection to the best of my ability. For I am able to produce magical barriers as shields. I will stay long distant ,unless I must go forward."
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

A happy giggle escaped the pleased girl as she laid down on top of the uprooted tree. She ran her hands along the rough bark as she blushed. Izuru's magic had knocked over this tree. If she focused hard enough she could almost feel his magic on the tree, which is basically his life force or something. All that am mattered is that it came from her Izuru. And that was enough for it to mean something to her.

Emyln was laying down contentedly as she closed her eyes 'feeling' Izuru's magic. She couldn't be more satisfied then she was right now. Except maybe if she was in the arms of her lover. That will happen soon. She just had to get rid of the pests who block her way. And anyone else who dares tough him. They. Will. Burn.

Letting out a happy sigh Emlyn cuddle deeper into the tree trunk, happiness radiating off of her. She was really at peice where she was. But she couldn't wait for the day where she will hold her love close to her chest, her being the only women he will ever hold lovingly. It will be perfect. They are perfect for each other. He will be happy when he finally notices that the woman of his dreams is waiting just a little bit away. And they will live happily ever after.

It's just a matter of time.
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Interactions: the poor tree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back