• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SpeedHunters73

"I Also...Have Something I Wish to Protect."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 2022 and the long awaited next generation of VR gaming is finally here. Sword Art Online, Kayaba called it, is a whole new gaming experience that brings in a whole new universe in your hands, a VRMMORPG. A life different than your current one. Whatever the reason, this new game seemed intriguing to you. Many wanted it, but only the lucky few managed to get one and access to the private beta, one of those lucky ones being you. After finally setting aside enough time to play the beta on the final day, you set up your VR gear called NerveGear, place it on your head, lay down and relax. After a few deep breaths, you log in with the voice command...

"Link Start."
kjfuidsj.gif
You set up your avatar in jump in the game. While everything seems fine at first, things will soon take a turn for the worst as a dark secret is about to be revealed about this "Second Life."

(This roleplay is for everyone from SAO fans to just normal roleplayers but it is recommended that you have read or watched the series to understand everything. If you have any questions on the RP Story visit the Lore Tab.)

Last edited:
When you say anime crossover this means we can be any canon character from another anime or like show?

Ooo neat! Glad to see SAO getting some much needed love :P. So used to everyone hating on it. I'm definitely interested! ^-^

Ooo neat! Glad to see SAO getting some much needed love :P. So used to everyone hating on it. I'm definitely interested! ^-^

Here's the link to join. Make your character and I'll see if you make the cut. Also yeah, why does everyone hate it again? I liked it.

I've heard about this series from Mother's Basement. I'm not a fan of the story but I like the concept of the setting. So, consider my interest.

HOL UP HOL UP GM man

Are we following SAO rules to a T(melee weapons only) or can we use non-melee weapon powers and stuff?

HOL UP HOL UP GM man

Are we following SAO rules to a T(melee weapons only) or can we use non-melee weapon powers and stuff?
At the beginning, its only melee weapons until a certain point (about the same time as Kirito unlocking his dual wield) where our characters unlock their respective unique sword skill which could be considered as a super power or related to their true power. However, the real stand alone power doesn't come until ACT II (ALO Part 1), where our characters use their true powers (with some balancing of course.)

in a nutshell, Act I follows SAO rules and Act II kinda lets them use their normal powers as a magic spell (after when Kirito turns into that beast.)

You know, I'm legit thinking of using Ben 10, so I'm thinking - what if he had (or will have, with a lot of crafting help from a friend) 10 different armoursets and 10 different swords, each reflective of the original 10 aliens?

You know, I'm legit thinking of using Ben 10, so I'm thinking - what if he had (or will have, with a lot of crafting help from a friend) 10 different armoursets and 10 different swords, each reflective of the original 10 aliens?
Sure, but there must be a brief cooldown between changing weapons and armour, It can't just change immediately (like the 30 second cooldown Giorno has to change from offense to healing, and no, it can't be lower than 30 seconds.)

Bump and I was wondering, are the people that applied some time ago still interested? No? It's dead? Welp, guess I have to ZA HANDO the thread. Wait, how do I do that again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back