What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online: Joint Task Force VR

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Anime, AU
Basically this roleplay will feature the existence of a Joint Task Force of individuals to handle incidents pertaining to the virtual reality world. As the JTF implies they will be of different nations that have agreed to work together. They have varying backgrounds and some may be more gamer than government agent or vice versa. They are tasked to investigate and handle incidents ranging from the likes of Ordinal Scale through the Alicization Project.

Here’s the thing they are created as a precaution, before the canon timeline begins so all the aforementioned incidents have yet to occur. At the start of this roleplay the Sword Art Online incident will have been going on for about 2 weeks already. Their first assignment will be to go in and try to solve the Sword Art Online incident from the inside.

Now as for Sword Art Online, all canon characters exist but our characters presence will affect the timeline and naturally the development of the canon characters. Also Sword Art Online will also have elemental adjustments to sword skills that it originally gains in Alfheim Online, that’s more of a cool little detail I want to explore more of without affecting the lore of the world too much.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob Astralworks Astralworks Neo Alice Neo Alice Yanipurr Yanipurr HerculePyro HerculePyro

So the CS will be meant for the character themselves as they are IRL.

IC wise I don’t plan on micro managing skills, points, drops, etc. in favor of keeping things fun and fluid. Players will be trusted to keep the story as interesting and don’t do anything outrageous. A story isn’t fun if a player is soloing every threat and is absurdly beyond everyone else’a capabilities.

Blitzkrieg Bob

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob Astralworks Astralworks Neo Alice Neo Alice Yanipurr Yanipurr HerculePyro HerculePyro

So the CS will be meant for the character themselves as they are IRL.

IC wise I don’t plan on micro managing skills, points, drops, etc. in favor of keeping things fun and fluid. Players will be trusted to keep the story as interesting and don’t do anything outrageous. A story isn’t fun if a player is soloing every threat and is absurdly beyond everyone else’a capabilities.
Therefore the story isn't fun when someone roleplay Kirito XD XD XD (...sorry I have to say it)

Commissar Darman

By word or by bolter, Inspiration comes to all men
been sitting here trying to figure out how to make my character sound plausible in how he got involved with the team.

Commissar Darman

By word or by bolter, Inspiration comes to all men
not too much progress. might have to scrap the idea of US Navy sailor who got med sepped and settled down in Japan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)