• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online (AU) - Pillars of Darkness [interest check](Closed for now)

Selitia

The Lone Wolf
OOC
Lore
Other (Quest board)
Main

Hello,
I'm looking for about 6-10 other people to join this (may change if more people are interested). This roleplay will not be exactly like the Anime. It will be like an AU. The setting is a mix of SAO and ALO, basically, there is magic in SAO. I will expand on this later on in this post. Now you must be wondering what these Pillars of Darkness are so, let me explain.

Along with dying in game and in real life an approaching disaster plagues the game threatening to wipe out everything and everyone in its path. Four pillars of pitch-black shoot out of four corners of the world running through every floor, slowly absorbing the world around it and spreading its darkness. Monsters and beasts absorbed by darkness are reborn and help spread it through the land. Players who are absorbed are trapped until the boss within the pillar is defeated. To stop this impending darkness, players must enter the pillars and defeat the bosses in all four pillars. However, no one knows what floor these bosses dwell in.

What is required

* 1-3 Paragraphs
* frequent user of this site
* A balanced character (Please xD)
And that's about it

Remember that there is now magic in SAO however, there are still no specific classes and only weapons are chosen. With that said the weapons that can be chosen are two-handed broad sword, dagger (can be combed with shield), spear, staff, rapier, katana, mace/war hammer, normal sword and shield combo. These are just, to begin with. Obviously, if a staff is chosen then that user will mainly use magic. Think of any other rpg's spells. If you are unsure of a spell then please dm me and we can discuss this. (It is preferred if there is one of every class)

There is a spot for a co-GM. I'm not really sure how to keep track of mana and health yet. (I'm thinking that all players will have 100% health and mana and attacks deal X amount of damage and X amount of mana, which is tracked on the rpers post) Also, naming sword skills isn't totally necessary. Please tell me what level you all would like this to be around. Guilds can be formed if wanted just for the reputation aspect but please keep it fair. Also, pain in this rp is another debatable subject. Please give me some suggestions

This thread will work as an interesting thread and as a Character thread

Character Sheet
(Please note they we already have 2 staff users)
IRL Name:
IG Name:
Nickname: (Given in-game by other characters)
Appearance(Pic required):
Pic of Armor: (If applicable)
Height:
Weight:
Weapon:
Skills: (Present and possible future) (like blacksmith, tailor, beast tamer, etc)
Spells: (If applicable)
Level: (ask to be a beta tester please)(Please suggest a level range)
Background: (Only if wanted)
Personality:
What's in inventory: (Like the number of potions and stuff like that)
Guild: (Please ask me first before just creating one, once one is created then roles will be assigned, you can have your own guild with a reputation attached)

Weapon Sheet
Starter weapon:
Weapon evolutions: (provide name of weapon)
Weapon stats: (as of now and in future)
Sword skills/abilities: (Please tell damage output and if applicable mana cost)
Quest: (If the weapon is obtained by a quest what is it, run by me please)
Level of rarity:

Last edited:
Hi hi! I'm not very knowledgeable about SAO(I watched the first season and a little bit of the second season) but I am interested based on what I read off of this.
(For mana and health I think there is a code we can use that will show as bars to help track on posts)

Hi hi! I'm not very knowledgeable about SAO(I watched the first season and a little bit of the second season) but I am interested based on what I read off of this.
(For mana and health I think there is a code we can use that will show as bars to help track on posts)
That's absolutely fine! You don't really need to be knowledgable when it comes to this rp. It is an AU after all!

A code would we very great!

If you know of anyone who may be interested in this rp please tag them!

I am hoping in creating a character that uses a heavy musket black powder weapon. It would be early age and would take a long time to reload, but has a very powerful punch. That allowed?
Example:
82ace8305f52f3666a7722847141dad8--th-century-tapestry.jpg

I am hoping in creating a character that uses a heavy musket black powder weapon. It would be early age and would take a long time to reload, but has a very powerful punch. That allowed?
Example:
82ace8305f52f3666a7722847141dad8--th-century-tapestry.jpg
Well, this is a fantasy vrmmorpg, but I suppose it can be a special weapon from a quest. I don't think it should be your main weapon though just due to the world setting. Let me think a bit more and I should be able to come up with a way that you can have this weapon.

Character Sheet
(Please note they we already have 2 staff users)
IRL Name:
IG Name:
Nickname: (Given in-game by other characters)
Appearance(Pic required):
Pic of Armor: (If applicable)
Weapon:
Skills: (Present and possible future) (like blacksmith, tailor, beast tamer, etc)
Spells: (If applicable)
Level: (ask to be a beta tester please)(Please suggest a level range)
Background: (Only if wanted)
Personality:
What's in inventory: (Like the number of potions and stuff like that)
Guild: (Please ask me first before just creating one, once one is created then roles will be assigned, you can have your own guild with a reputation attached)

Starter weapon:
Weapon evolutions: (provide name of weapon)
Weapon stats: (as of now and in future)
Sword skills/abilities: (Please tell damage output and if applicable mana cost)
Quest: (If the weapon is obtained by a quest what is it, run by me please)
Level of rarity:

(bump) For this rp to start I will need the CS and WS for all characters and weapons who are interested in this rp. Once I receive these I will start the roleplay thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back