• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Sweet Like Honey - Looking for 1 x 1 Romance

WishfulThinking

Hi! I’m Wishful Thinking or Wish for short. I‘m a lover of the romantic genre so I’m here writing a simple search thread.

About:
- I’m over 18. No worries here!
- I’ve had 10+ years of RP experience since I’ve been doing this since I was in high school.
- I consider myself lazy-lit to adv-lit. I can write anywhere from 200 - 1000 words.
- I’m a sucker for romance. It doesn’t have to be the only story in the plot, but it motivates me to write.
- I’m most comfortable playing female role because I’m one. But, I do write males as well.
- I can reply at least once a week. It might be at sporadic times, but I’ll let you know when something comes up.
- l like modern settings. We can make our own fictional towns and add some magical elements, but I’d like the settings to revolve around urban life. I’m not too into high fantasy and sci-fi.

Pairings:
- Rebel x Sweetheart
- Author x Muse
- Body Guard x Person Protected
- Nurse x Wounded Soldier
- Celebrity x Fan
- Police Detective x Civilian
- Singer x Musician

Cute Plots (from Tumblr):

- Plot 1: Muse A comes from a warmer climate and has never seen snow before, so imagine their delight exiting the airport to their first snow fall. Muse B is completely over the freezing temps and digging their car out, but can’t help noticing how in awe Muse A is when it begins to snow. They strike up a conversation about it while waiting for a rideshare.

- Plot 2: It’s the final summer before Muse A and all of their friends move in separate directions, figuratively and literally, in pursuit of higher education, job opportunities, etc. So Muse A and friends pool all of their money together and rent a house in the nearest seaside town to have an unforgettable last hurrah. When the group arrives at their destination, they’re a bit underwhelmed by the house. The accommodations aren’t as pristine as the online ad claimed, but it’s on the beach and the boardwalk within walking distance offers plenty to do so it’s not a total loss. Restless and low on groceries well after midnight, Muse A and pals stroll to a 24 hour snack stand/diner at the start of the nearby pier. When someone at the table sends a dish back to the kitchen, the cook (Muse B) comes to the table with a re-fire and a sincere apology. Muse A can’t help but have a weird feeling wash over them as the friendly cook chats with their group and offers them advice on things to do while they’re in town. There’s an eerie resemblance and particular mannerisms that Muse A recognizes as similar to their own. It takes Muse A a few days and a little bit of lowkey stalking, but they ultimately come to a stunning realization. The kind cook is actually Muse A’s long-lost parent whom they thought had passed away because that’s what they were led to believe by the single parent who raised them.

Does Muse A spend the rest of their summer trying to avoid Muse B and failing or actively seeking answers and pushing to create a connection? Will Muse Bwant to get to know Muse A if/when the truth comes out? Have they known about Muse A’s existence this whole time?

- Plot 3: A commit-phobic Muse A reluctantly agrees to marry their friend, Muse B so that Muse B can get their U.S. citizenship. Muse B assures Muse A that nothing will change between them once they move in together, but living together eventually proves challenging to Muse A’s long-held beliefs about love and marriage.

My oh my. I do have an idea for a paring if you'd be interested. I do like 3 paragraph replies if you're good with that

Thank god- anyway, the pairing I had in mind was like serial killer x writer: think about it. The prompt I had was like this:

Person A downloads a dating app that finds someone for you, based on your search history. They end up with a writer. They go on a date and Person B randomly asks "How long would it take for someone to bleed out if they were stabbed in the stomach?" "2-30 minutes" then Person A asking "Where would I dump a body if he was really well known?" "You wouldn't, you would have to keep the body in an undisclosed location for a few months, and then once it blows over, then you dump the body"

Thank god- anyway, the pairing I had in mind was like serial killer x writer: think about it. The prompt I had was like this:

Person A downloads a dating app that finds someone for you, based on your search history. They end up with a writer. They go on a date and Person B randomly asks "How long would it take for someone to bleed out if they were stabbed in the stomach?" "2-30 minutes" then Person A asking "Where would I dump a body if he was really well known?" "You wouldn't, you would have to keep the body in an undisclosed location for a few months, and then once it blows over, then you dump the body"

Eep! That’s a little dark! Oh man, I was like going for cute fluff and maybe some angst. If we can have those fluffy moments somehow, then, I might be convinced. For this pairing, could I be maybe the crime novel writer? I have no experience being the serial killer and it’s a little intimidating. ^ _ ^;

I need fluff to survive so of course there would be fluff- and yeah I can be the serial killer. Would you prefer me to play the male or female?

I need fluff to survive so of course there would be fluff- and yeah I can be the serial killer. Would you prefer me to play the male or female?

Yay! Umm.. I personally don’t mind. What did you prefer? I usually write from the female perspective so I’d be happy to play against any gender - whether that’s male, another female, or non-binary. :)

Okay, can I point out that you are so nice-)) I do prefer to do the female role (since I am also a female) but then again I'm a demi-girl so I could play a non-binary person. Male I can do it would just take some getting used to.

D’aww. You’re gonna make me blush now! You’re all nice here. Thank you for being really nice too! <3

Oh, no worries! Did you want me to play a male? I’m good with that too, if you’d like to have a mxf pairing. Otherwise, a fxf or fxnb works for me too! I’m just excited to find partners! Thank you! :D

D’aww. You’re gonna make me blush now! You’re all nice here. Thank you for being really nice too! <3

Oh, no worries! Did you want me to play a male? I’m good with that too, if you’d like to have a mxf pairing. Otherwise, a fxf or fxnb works for me too! I’m just excited to find partners! Thank you! :D
Oooo I would absolutely adore an FxNB if you wouldn't mind! Can I PM you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back