• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sweet Dreams Corps. (Characters)

Lore
Here

TruthHurts_22

Funtimes Salesman
GUIDELINES
  • One character per player​
  • No joke/gag characters, please! They can be silly, edgy, or whatever you wish, so long as they have a character​
  • No entirely passive Daydream effects - they should have a physical form of any kind, and if they do grant an effect, it should relate somehow to its manifestation.​
  • Behdlam R&D would prefer people volunteer, but they have no qualms in outright forcing people to cooperate. You can play a kid to a geriatric, a noodly shut-in to a wanted criminal, or anything in-between; if they're immune, they will be brought on.​
  • Just, generally, don't be a jerk! You can play a jerk, just know the line between roleplaying a jerk and acting like one.​

And here's the sheet! Feel free to spruce it up if you want, so long as all the information is there.

Name: (Full name, and any aliases they go by. Behdlam already know, so don't try to hide it!)
Age: (So long as they aren't a literal toddler or halfway into the grave, any generation is fair game.)
Appearance: (Picture if you like, or description if you want to please me! Just kidding, haha... unless...)
Personality: (I don't have any info or quip for this one.)
History: (Up to the point when they get "recruited" into the SDC, however that happens. You can add to the setting however you like! Namedrop important people, places, organizations, etc if they pertain to your character, and it'll be incorporated into the background.)
Daydream: (As stated before, and a little bit below, make sure to have a character's Daydream be some kind of object or other summon-able element rather than just granting an overall effect. Also keep in mind that, for plot reasons, Daydreams manifest in a yellow, pink, and green coloration, and that they can't work without the special SDC bracelet that your character will get at the start. Other than that, go nuts!)
Equipment: (All SDC members are equipped with light protective armor and a weapon, the exact nature up to their preference. Anything else is just whatever they deem useful.)
Misc: (Anything you feel you want or should add, but doesn't fit anywhere else!)

Shadow Cat Shadow Cat AreSneksSly AreSneksSly azenva azenva Arkaeis Arkaeis olive.tree olive.tree g r i m g r i m Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn mauverie mauverie Shagranoz Shagranoz

Here we are! Ask questions if you have them, I uh, might not've explained everything pertinent super well in the interest check. :b

Also, for prosperity's sake, I'll quote this here.

If you instead mean what kinds of Daydreams your character can have, well, no real limits on those, either! The only stipulations I have for them are that a) it takes the form of some sort of physical object, regardless of its effects, and b) they need to encompass something good related to your character, opposite the fear that The Curse usually draws from. It can relate to a happy memory (a favorite toy that functions as an actual weapon), a dream, literal or otherwise (summoning a personal artillery plane or boxing gloves from your glory days), or something closely related to their personality (an alien conspiracy theorist flying around on tiny UFOs). It's more of a 'feel' thing than a concrete this-and-that-can't-happen.

There won't be any 'roles', per se. You can make a character fit into a role if you want - a tank, a healer, etc - but it'd work just as well if everyone signed up as big punch-folks.

Chapter One will have your characters as the newest recruits for the SDC, going out on their first rounds of duty, getting the swing of things, and having their special power-granting gizmos, slash, tracking devices bolted onto their wrist. You know, rookie stuff! :b

Name: Finnegan Anthony Drake "Finn" "Super-Fin" 1594096863618.png
Appearance:
Shaggy red locks drape around pale ears, as ice-blue eyes confirm that you are looking at yet another gangley redhead. Slender-built it's obvious that he has just had a growth spurt as his clothes are just a tad too tight and his stride is springy which exacerbates his awkwardness. From the looks of Him anyone would guess that he'd be picked on, but along with this uncanny resemblance to the stereotypical nerd comes a bright and sometimes vagrant attitude, and shit-tons of energy.

Personality: I'm pretty sure he's what you get when you shelter a kid that is too smart for his own good and is obsessed with magic and super heroes, and then feed him a steady diet of caffeine and cocaine, needless to say that his good intentions far outweigh his judgement. He absolutely walks his own path and has been bullied because of it, mostly by his 6 older brother and 2 Big sisters.. He's found unconventional ways to deal with being picked on and has developed a thick skin because of it. He is however still a kid and there are real things in this world that terrify him, but more than anything he wants to grow into someone that can be dependable and will do what ever he can to help stop the nightmares and get his family back. He also has a bit of a temper if pushed beyond his limit.
History: He's the youngest of the Drakes whom set up shop in town a few generations ago as the local butchers. He is obviously been babied and is that awkward kid that is a bit too old for the things that he is into, and he is absolutely unapologetic for it. His family was one of the first to slip into the dream state, and it had made his childhood home an impossible labyrinth of terror that shouldn't be explored lightly. At the Age of 6 like all of his other siblings His Father Lucas took Finn on his first hunt, he was a crack shot with the rifle much to his chagrin as his prey was a white tail rabbit. Needless to say he was traumatized, and wet the bed for a few months until his mother knit him a cape which acted more akin to a security blanket. Since then, he hasn't had a day without it, any attempt to throw it a way was met with inconsolable fits of crying or rage. They even tried burning it once, but through the years the cape has survived, it's been repaired by Finnegan countless times and after an elected sewing class that he had sneak out of the house for it's been modified many times. When the event happened, it was a week before his birthday, it took SDC 3 days and a few members lives to get him out of his house which is connected to the butcher shop. He didn't talk for a week afterwards, but due to his immunity they monitored him and after the trauma was worked though invited him into their ranks.
Daydream: His Cape is the only thing that Finn was able to vizualize, it's what ties him to his family and is a shelter for him as well as a reminder that he needs to be brave, and do whatever he can to get his family back so his day dream manifests as the Cape that he had lost.

Super-Fin
When manifesting this power Finn visualizes his Cape as is he wore it like a superhero. It transforms him into Super-Fin a costume-like counterpart who has super-strength, enhanced durability, and the ability to just high building in a single bound.

Abra-Cad-Abra
The Cape when manifest also doubles as a magicians cape, He is able to hold it out in front of him and it acts like a pocket dimension where he can make things disappear into it getting lost in spacetime, then at his command and of course a magic word expel from the cape effectively shooting out back into reality.

Hide-n-Seek
Finn is also able to use his manifestation like a shelter. When hiding inside the cape which is the size of a throw blanket he is able to turn himself and whatever else will fit inside truly invisible. The only catch is, that the only movement that can be done while keeping the effect active is tip-toeing.

It manifests as green
Equipment: Standard equipment, a pack of bubbalicious bubblegum, pixie sticks, razzles, an magnifying glass, pocket knife, multitool, locket with family portrait, slingshot with glass BBs, deck of magic cards.
Misc: His favorite color is electric blue, he is allergic to red dye number 5, and Raspberries.

Last edited:
Oh, real quick, that's my bad. Daydreams aren't actual physical objects they have. More so that the Daydream is a kind of "summon" that must correspond to a thing, rather than just having the powers, you know what I mean? So Finn here could be that he manifests a cape that then lets him do stuff.

Oh, real quick, that's my bad. Daydreams aren't actual physical objects they have. More so that the Daydream is a kind of "summon" that must correspond to a thing, rather than just having the powers, you know what I mean? So Finn here could be that he manifests a cape that then lets him do stuff.

Does that fix it?

Arkaeis Arkaeis Looks good! I'm a bit iffy on Super-Fin, exactly. Feel that might be a bit too powerful for him to start with, and it also giving him a costume... I dunno, doesn't feel right.

Name: Jezriel O'Brien, often going by Jessie or Riel. (Pronounce Ree-yel)
Appearance:

Jezriel stands an average 6'0 for a guy, clocking in 170lbs. His body isn't that well-toned but it's enough to classify him as a healthy fit young man. Usually, he wears loose and large clothing, opting for jackets and hoodies over anything else. Being a movie set prop handler as well as a writer as a hobby, Jezriel has calloused and rough hands. He often never shows emotion so he always has a neutral stone face. His countenance will almost never change but when it does it's usually in the form of a small facial expression change or an eye gesture.

Personality: Jezriel is a less talkative, more physical kind of guy. If others are there to take up audio-space by chitchatting away, he'll try his best to stay in the background and soak in all that was happening. Despite this non-social persona, he loves to be around other people and socialize. If he finds you likable, usually he'll have a bit more physical contact with you than other people, so be on the lookout for that. On the flip side, people he doesn't like will usually get the cold treatment and distancing, arms and hands almost always crossed onto his chest.

History: Jezriel was surrounded by mundanity ever since an early age. As an only child, he only had a father as a parent, who was always away from home on business trips. The house was always silent, but that didn't mean Jezriel wasn't loved. Whenever his father was away, they'd try as much as possible to call, which helped Jezriel deal with the loneliness at home. He and his father were very close, and on the rare days that he was home, they would go out to the theatre and the library. The library was definitely one of his favorite places, almost like a second home to him. Each book he read was like a brand new world. Each word came off the pages into a living being in his imagination. But then one day, the library closed down. So did the theatre. The school. The park. Everything started closing down. Even his father's business had to close down. It was painful at first to not be able to enter the serene atmosphere of the library, but his father was home now and that made up for it.

One day, Jezriel tried his hand at writing after having read hundreds maybe even thousands of books. His writings were absolutely phenomenal. His father was so amazed by the visual descriptiveness of Jezriel's words, that he offered to publish it into an actual book. It seemed like an obvious decision. Publish book. People buy book. People say book is amazing. More people buy book. And the cash rolls in. But Jezriel declined. He wanted to keep his writings a secret from the world, because he knew that people will always find a way to be unsatisfied with his work. It was inevitable, even if his writing skills were divine. His father said that he understood and respected his decision. Jezriel believed him, but he knew that a tiny seed of dissatisfaction had been planted.

That very night, his father had a nightmare. Cold-blooded screaming then a loud crash woke Jezriel up in the middle of the night. When he had gone to check on his father, the entire room had been coated in a slippery crimson substance while a giant gaping hole presented itself in the wall. Jezriel didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think. He went back to his room, scared for his life and tried to go back to sleep, hoping it was just a bad dream. Days passed. The sad reality slowly set in. His father was dead. From then on, he did one thing and one thing only. He wrote out his feelings, he wrote out the pain. Every single thing he felt, he put it on paper. He watched as the words that poured out of his pen resonated with his very being. It filled him with comfort, with hope, with willpower. All he knew was that he'll get through this dark time. After all, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Daydream:
Jezriel's Fountain Pen and Inkwell.
As you probably have speculated by now, Jezriel's weapon had something to do with writing. Well, that's correct~! Jezriel wields his mighty fountain pen, which can write in glowy yellow ink. With this pen, he can write words on pieces of paper; these paper slips will be thrown to then materialize anything that is written on it! Say he writes the word "cow" on a piece of paper. If he throws it on the ground, a cow will materialize in front of him! He can also add adjectives~ so writing "huge cow" will materialize a huge cow in front of him. (Note: overpowered adjectives like 'invulnerable' or 'unbreakable' or 'infinite' are of course disabled) However, he is using a fountain pen which means he needs ink. This ink can be drawn from his inkwell, which usually floats in his hand but it can levitate off his hand, as long as it isn't out of arms reach. The inkwell can only supply enough ink for Jezriel to write out 24 words, be it adjective or noun. (Note: word length is a factor I'm choosing to ignore here for simplicity's sake)

Equipment: Jezriel has a roll of parchment paper that automatically snips into small pieces. I like to think he also has it floating around him so he can just grab it and have a piece of paper on hand at all times.

Last edited:
i am sooo sorry if i went out of hand with Jezriel's history, I tend to ramble a lot when it comes to backstories >w<
please let me know if anything needs adjusting, i myself am a bit skeptical at how powerful jessie can be sksjkj

Name: Johnny Rhodes "Just Johnny, please."
Appearance: A thick bob of shoulder-length curly black hair covers most of his graying roots, and is almost never styled. The only 'hairstyle' he knows how to do is tying his hair in a tight ponytail behind his head, leaving his grays completely open. When it's down, however, the hair seems to take on a life of it's own- wild and untamed, it flows freely in the wind.

His eyes are a soft hazel, slanting downwards-giving him a permanent, sort of sleepy look. His eyebrows are thick with a slight arch. His face is slightly rounded, cheekbones just barely peeking out.

His complexion is a slightly tanned olive tone, with him being around 5'4 and 110lbs. Pretty slim, with only a bit of flab around the gut. In terms of muscle mass, he's only slightly below average.

Personality: Bitter and pessimistic, with many hours of underpaid overtime leaving him short tempered- if not completely exhausted afterwards. Rather cowardly, choosing to shout insults from a distance rather than close-up.

Despite this, he does have a soft side. It may be buried beneath a million layers of pride and fear, but it's there. This side comes out around children and animals, though he'd always deny it afterwards. He is protective, especially of said subjects- even putting aside his prideful nature to protect them.

When he's warmed up to someone, he can be rather chatty with them- surprisingly so. He smiles more, laughs more and is generally kinder. Though he also gets much more protective of the person- something that has annoyed plenty of former friends away.

History: Originally from a smaller town, Johnny grew up with a happy family. Life was peaceful, if not a little bland. But then the crash happened. His father, who'd been in the car along with Johnny and his twin brother, took the brunt of the damage- leaving him in a comatose state. Johnny continued to attend grade school then high school in his town, before moving to New Jersey to attend college.

His bachelor's degree was paid for by his mother and his brother back home- before he abruptly stopped accepting payments once he graduated. His holiday visits home also seemed to stop, and he seemed to cut all ties with his family. Now he hops from job to job, living on measly paycheck to measly paycheck. In fact, the only reason he joined the program was because he couldn't find any other job.

Daydream: An oval-shaped locket with a chain as the necklace. It manifests as a bright yellow colour- something akin to polished gold. The inside is empty; the space where you would normally slide a picture in blank. However, if you look closely at the locket lid, you'll be able see an image engraved in the middle circled by some words. The image depicts a larger figure embracing a smaller, more childlike figure. The words circling the two- while difficult to read- says: 'I'll always be there for you kiddo. -Love, Dad.'

The locket can enlarge/shrink, open/shut and detach from/reattach to the chain according to Johnny's will. When detached, the locket floats beside Johnny with the chain trailing behind it. Can only float 300 meters away before stopping completely. Increasing the locket's size can take a while, depending on how much it needs to grow.

Chain

When the locket is detached, Johnny can grip the it and use the chain as a makeshift whip/lasso. However- this is both very inconvenient and extremely tiring, only meant to be a last resort.

Golden Maiden
Used on enemies, and basically just crushes them.

Shielding Embrace
Like the golden maiden, but less crush-y. The casing is impenetrable, with any subjects within unable to hear or feel anything from outside. They can still breath air in naturally, though it's unclear from where. Test subjects reported that being encased within the locket felt like being hugged by their dad/father figure. Subjects without father figures said it felt like being wrapped in memory foam burrito-style.

Equipment: Lightweight armour and a few knives.
Misc: Has no actual training, and is pretty much useless in a straight up fight.

AreSneksSly AreSneksSly Arkaeis Arkaeis Both look good to me!

Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn Only thing jumping out at me is his father's death. A Nightmare doesn't usually kill whoever's having it, which is probably on me for not explaining right. Unless you mean a regular nightmare, and the way he died being unknown on purpose?

AreSneksSly AreSneksSly Arkaeis Arkaeis Both look good to me!

Hugh Flynn Hugh Flynn Only thing jumping out at me is his father's death. A Nightmare doesn't usually kill whoever's having it, which is probably on me for not explaining right. Unless you mean a regular nightmare, and the way he died being unknown on purpose?

Yeah, his father didn't really die. Jezriel saw red on the walls and his father wasn't there so he naturally would've assumed that he died. But after calming down a bit, he realized that he isn't dead after reading about nightmares and the curse~

This is a WIP. Bear with me plz.

Name:
Hesper Langely (Goes by Hes, Hesper, or Lang.)
Appearance: Hesper Langley.jpg
Personality: Hesper is a quiet, observant person, preferring to stand on the sidelines and watch a situation play out rather than being right in the middle of it. She has a particular knack for strategy based games like chess, and would much prefer a quiet night at home to going out with a group of friends. She's what most would consider an introvert, sticking to herself until she believes she knows a person. Once she makes a friend, however, her loyalty knows no bounds, and she will go to any length to keep them out of harms way.

History: (Up to the point when they get "recruited" into the SDC, however that happens. You can add to the setting however you like! Namedrop important people, places, organizations, etc if they pertain to your character, and it'll be incorporated into the background.)
Daydream: (As stated before, and a little bit below, make sure to have a character's Daydream be some kind of object or other summon-able element rather than just granting an overall effect. Also keep in mind that, for plot reasons, Daydreams manifest in a yellow, pink, and green coloration, and that they can't work without the special SDC bracelet that your character will get at the start. Other than that, go nuts!)
Equipment: (All SDC members are equipped with light protective armor and a weapon, the exact nature up to their preference. Anything else is just whatever they deem useful.)
Misc: (Anything you feel you want or should add, but doesn't fit anywhere else!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back