2019 Writing Event Swaying Blossoms

Stellar Eclipse

The Storyteller Galaxy
The light of the setting sun beamed across my face. I didn’t notice how he was coming up behind me, I just wanted to look beyond the horizon at the beautiful scene.
“Hey, Tyresa.” He said quietly behind my shoulder.
“Oh my God, Jackson. You almost gave me a heart attack.” I shouted at him. He was immediately flustered. Part of me was proud to make him feel bad, but the other just wanted to apologize.
“What are you doing out here?” I asked Jackson, adding an eye roll for effect.
“I was just, uh, looking at the view. It is amazing how artistic nature is. Don’t you think?” He added a wink to tell me he was being flirtatious. I wanted to punch him, but all I could think of was kissing him.
“Jackson? Would you like to, I don’t know, paint something with me?” I asked sheepishly, hoping he would say yes, but begging the universe to have him say no.
“Yeah! Want me to grab some art supplies?” Jackson took a step towards me, his piercing green eyes reflecting reds and golds. I nodded quickly, giving no mind to if I looked like an idiot. A few minutes later, he was back with two canvases, two easels, and as many brushes and paints we would need. I was in deep concentration when something wet splashed my cheek.
“Jackson, if you just threw paint on me I will dump this whole paint bucket on your head.” I scolded. He feigned a look of horror and shot me a smile. I tossed a small amount of paint on his face, hitting his nose and left cheek. I giggled and watched his expression soften. He walked close to me and grabbed me by the waist. I looked up at him in shock. In that quick moment, everything happened. I felt his lips touch mine, I felt my arms wrap around his neck, I felt pure happiness.
“Jackson! Why did you do that?” I asked, pushing him away. He stammered, blushing at how stupid he must have felt. In that moment, I gave in. I threw myself into him, kissing him with all the strength I had. He gently pulled me away.
“Tyresa, I always knew you had something feelings for me.” Jackson said with a smirk. While I wanted to wash that grin off his face, I never wanted to move. As the cherry blossoms swayed in the breeze, we stood there, together in the sunset.

Stellar Eclipse Stellar Eclipse Just a FYI the current word count is 416, you may want to expand just a bit. ;3

Okay. I just didn’t want to go over the word limit and I didn’t have the time to count every word. I’ll fix it when I have more time. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back