• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Survivor’s Tales Ep. 1 ((Always open to new Voters))

You needed guns, lots of guns. You didn’t know why but you just knew. You opened the door and looked out, dark and filled with red lights every 10 feet or so in the hallways that flashed on and off. Thankfully you didn’t see anything near you at least, so with that you slowly began to walk out, pistol in hand and made your way towards the hallway off to your right which lead directly to the Control room. As you ran on you started to see something ahead in the red light that seemed to be blocking your path. As you neared it you gritted your teeth and sighed, it appeared as if part of the hall had started to collapse as you could see the wires and beams supporting and hiding under the panels hanging down or laying on the floor. No way you were going to try getting through that. As you looked closer you noticed the dripping water starting to hit the floor and slowly covering it. For now you thought it best to avoid that, at least the bulkhead on the other side was closed, maybe the control room was still safe but no way you would reach it easily.
This meant one thing, you turned to the hallway to your left and looked at the sign reading “Medical” it appears if you wanted around you’d need to find your way through there. Fantastic, every single horror movie you’d watched where they went into some medical area… Always ended badly. Let’s hope it’s not the same here, Besides as long as there was a bulkhead between you and that leak you’d feel safer. Taking the hallway you neared the doors for the medical area, slightly ajar as you kept walking, only to hear two voices from within one of whom was familiar…

————————————————————
What is your course of action?

A. Listen near the door (Who knows who or what might be in there)

B. Enter calmly (Opening the door any more would surely be heard, might as well just walk in.)

C. “I’m da captain now” (You had a gun and a terminator arm, you could always bank on them not having one and just take control of the situation.)

You decided it was best to play this safe and slid yourself beside the door to listen in on whatever was happening on the other side of the door. As you looked through the crack you began to hear the voices clearer, two men, one you had heard before over the station’s intercoms and the other a new voice you swore you remembered. “I know I know, you’re downstairs. But I know what you are I can’t just-“ As the man spoke you heard the other voice speak up, the one you almost remembered, it felt so familiar.
“You may know what I am Doctor, but you do not yet understand me. You are to me what an Ant is to you. My offer still stands but I suggest you decide quickly, your eyes do not look good and I have another candidate who is rather close.” As you hear this you see a pair of legs walk into view carrying a man wearing a black robe to conceal his form. “The choice is yours, but I doubt you will make it.” As he said this you swore he glanced over to the doorway and straight at you, as if he knew you were there. That was, strange.
“Wh-What? Another candidate? You… YOU CAN’T DO THAT!” It appeared whatever conversation was happening was turning sour between the two, you couldn’t quite see the other man, this “Doctor” but he sounded far enough and the other man, the cloaked one. You felt he somehow was no threat to you, rather safe actually.

————————————————————

What next?

A. Enter calmly (Perhaps entering calmly would allow you to diffuse the situation and learn something.)

B. Gun drawn (Enter in, gun up. ‘Nuff said)

C. Wait (Maybe they’d wander off or this would play out.)

(Note: EXPECT THE COLLECTION PAGE TONIGHT!!!)

Collection page now made~ Link will be present here and on the first post!

(Ooooo, we got some discourse growing now~)

You decided to go in calmly, this could make things a bit safer but how to enter a room with high tensions in the middle of an emergency? You stood up properly, hooked the pistol to your waist and pushed the door into the room as the robed man looked over to you, and the other man, the “Doctor” looked at you a bit in shock and back to the robed figure. “Who is this?! Who are you?!” He pointed at you in an accusatory way as you stood there with your hands raised as the Doctor pointed a scalpel at you, as he stood near one of the medical beds several feet away from you. As you stood there you got a good look around the dark room, the lights were a bit better in here, more emergency power was always rerouted to Medical areas during emergencies. Many beds lay empty throughout the curving room, a reception desk right next to you and to your left stood a door in the wall. Likely a storage room, might be worth checking out if this goes well.
The Doctor himself was rather obvious, a man in a white lab coat with light blue scrubs on made it kind of obvious of his position. Before you could respond the robed man seemed to do so for you.
“He is my other candidate Doctor.” His voice was deep, almost strangely so, but you began to recognize it.
“So he can see you? Listen, you can’t trust this… Thing. He’ll play with your mind, alter it!”
“For the Better might I add.” His voice… He was the one you kept hearing. “Do not worry Zachariah, a faithful man such as your self should not fear the divine. Much less one who could help you.” This was getting too strange, the Doctor was pointing a scalpel at the, Thing. You had a gun on your belt, the whole station was screwed, this robed man was talking like he knew you…
“Whatever you do don’t trust him! He’s never done the world any good!”
“War is something good.”

————————————————————
What now?

A. Ask the Robed Man how he can help you (Perhaps he was worth listening to.)

B. Ask the Doctor to explain, WHAT this Man was (Better safe than sorry.)

C. Choose a side (One could be better than the other, but even then, one might have massive drawbacks)

C1: Robed Man

C2: The Doctor

(Ooo~ Two to One, with our Necromancer on the losing side. Ouch. I also like how you all think it’s the Infernal I introduced you too.)

You looked between the too and then stopped at the robed man and lowered your hands and genuinely talked for the first time since this all happened. “How can you help me?” At this the Doctor’s eyes widened and he began to open his mouth in protest, but was quickly shushed by the robed man.
“Quiet Doctor, he asked me, not you. I did warn you that what happened in here may not be by your choice.” All he did was raise an arm back up then down before turning to face you, you couldn’t properly see into the hood but you somehow felt he was waiting to see if he should show you his face. “Now Zachariah, as I’m sure you know things on this station have gone very awry. The beings you all tried to understand are escaping, one of them you have already met. Something lurks in the eyes of those employees still breathing, including you and your poor Supervisor. I am sorry for his fate but not all can escape the wrath of an Infernal such as you and the Doctor have.” You continued to look at the man as he had yet to explain how he could help you get out of here, but out of the corner of your eye you noticed the Doctor looked around the room and seeming to be a bit… Worried. “Now I’m sure you asked me because you have a vague sense of what I am, at least more than the Doctor, a man of science might I add, may know. I am greater than the Infernal currently walking these halls, you could even say that if he chose a different master he might be one of my agents. I am greater than anything here, you even used to pray to me, sadly… You haven’t recently, you’ve prayed more to my brother rather than me. But you are a faithful man and remember each of us and our domains. You, Zachariah, are before a Judge. Only in thought, but I am here on this station.” He paused as if he knew you needed time to process this, a Judge, one of the three who resided over the realms and passed judgment on the dying. But, this wasn’t the Judge of Morality, nor their Sister the Judge of Order, no… This was… “Judge of Chaos, ever-present in times of strife. Such as this station is experiencing.” You blinked as if he read your thoughts, but he was a Judge, you weren’t too surprised. But if this were true, he could be the best bet for you to get out of here, or your worst.

————————————————————
What Next?

A. Ask the Doctor What he wanted to say (They always suggest to get a second opinion)

B. Pick a side

B1. Doctor

B2. Judge

You nodded to the Judge before you looked over to the Doctor who still paced back and forth as he looked about the room, mumbling to himself. He seemed extremely on edge, which was understandable. Before you even began to walk over to him the Judge spoke. “I understand your apprehension, one does not merely trust a mysterious benefactor. But if you choose to let me help you, you will be doing something for me in return.” As he said this he seemed to disappear from your sight, not just walking away but, Gone. He said he was here in thought after all…
With that you walked over to the Doctor who stopped pacing to look at you. “You can’t trust him, those things you’ve been seeing and hearing, they’re all part of that damned disease he made! The maddening curse, whatever it is!” He spoke softly as if the Judge was still listening, which he might have been, but when he saw your confused look he sighed. “I don’t have time to explain it but, we’re infected. Look into my eyes.” As he said this he stopped moving and opened his eyes wide, as you looked at them you saw the pulsing veins, just like you had in the eyes of your dead Supervisor. The Doctor’s looked rather close to his iris, it was a bit disturbing. “You are infected with the same thing, but yours are not as advanced. This… SICKNESS. Is going to drive you mad, you’ll start hearing things and seeing things and he is just the start.” The Doctor sighed and shook his head as he looked to the side. “We have no known cure for this thing but, we know a very small percentage of people adapt to the disease… Because this isn’t the first time it’s been introduced to the world. We have records back from the 14th century that claim of a disease or curse similar to what we’ve been studying.” As he says this you see him look away and to the other door out of here. He seemed a bit nervous which was understandable, but maybe he was hiding.

———————————————————​

Well then…?

A. Ask what he might not be telling you (Might be something important)

B. Go to the storage closet (Give you time to think, maybe find something.)

C. Leave with…

C1. The Doctor

C2. The Judge

Last edited:
Looking at the Doctor with a suspicious glare you cross your arms and stare at him as he looks back at you. “Wh-What? Why are you looking at me like that?” While saying this you stare a bit more before telling him he’s hiding something from you, and you can tell. He starts to stammer and stutter, but stops as he looks behind you to where the Judge is once more standing.
“What he hides from you is what I provide for your service aside from help escaping. I provide a cure from the curse, or as its creator it will become a blessing.” You look at the robed Judge and then back to the Doctor who is now rather, worried-looking. Was he ever planning on telling you that?
“L-Listen… I… I have my reasons for not telling you… I can’t trust him! He’s a monster!” He shot an accusatory glance at the Judge, doing his best to shift blame and change the subject, this was starting to get complicated.

————————————————————
What to do now…?

A. Go to the storage closet (Too many things to process perhaps? Or maybe you had other plans?)

B. Leave

B1. Take the Judge’s offer

B2. Ask the Doctor if he’ll help you

C. Wait… (Did you just see something?)

((Collection page updated: Judge of Chaos, The Maddening Curse))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back