• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Surtur

Michael Krauss

There was a long amount of static before he could tune into the rebel frequency "This is Michael Krauss... leader of the Rebel Cell Pantheon... the Xenos destroyed our base of operations... we where able to escape with a convoy of twenty-five men... we've got five armed vehicles and four transports... we are loaded with supplies, men, and weapons... if there is anyone listening... please send us your coordinates... we are looking for a new home... I repeat this is Michael Krauss... Leader of Pantheon... please send us your coordinates..." The broadcast went to static and was set to repeat on the back of a Styker MGS, leading the spearhead formation of the vehicles. Four other Stryker IVS were on the flanks, and Oshkosh MTVRs lied within the flanks, protected from outside fire. The convoy continued it's thundering voyage along the beach, but until it came across a small tombolo, a great mound of sediment that split off from the beach. "This'll suit for now, until we get a response" Michael shouted to the convoy from the front. The Strykers formed an outer wall, while three of the troop transports formed an inner wall. The fourth troop transport was driven to a butte, and temporarily re-purposed as a communications beacon, with Michael listening for any response. There were ten men at all times on the vehicular wall, ten perched on outcrops, and five working on minor repairs to the vehicles. "Today my friends, is the day we shall reach exodus"

Pryce

"Aye ya bleedin fuck, glad to hear ya! Coordinates en rout- fucksake Daniel, the right flank! Right! - Coordinates here! We're gonna exfil all the way out to the forest! Pryce out!" I yelled into the radio piece I brought as my squad neared the exfil point. Barging through the final doors as Daniel fires off the last of his belt at the Vantts, we ran out to the trucks in time. Pipe gun guy was the first to hop on the truck, trading his shitgun for the escape driver's pistol. Me, Daniel and the rest of the guys hopped on one of the trucks afterwards. The second branch of the scurrying pack showed up on the opposite end of the slum buildings, running straight into a hail of lasfire from an ambushing squad of Vantts. Two of them get caught in the fire while the rest dove for cover, and I fired back.

"Git tha fuck on we're packin' out!" I hollered out as I hopped onto the truckbed, wasting another magazine at the Vantt armored vehicle, nicking one Vantt from its piece of cover. "C'mon, get movin' movin'!" I yelled to the driver, but once I properly looked at him, it was clear he'd bitten a laser to the face. Pushing myself through the rear window that he graciously left open, I pushed his mangled face off of the wheel and punched his limp leg down on the accelerator. It was a shit way to drive a truck, with my ass sticking out the window and my head barely above the windshield, but hey, I don't see anyone else trying to drive this piece of shit.

"Cover me ya fuckwits!" I hollered back to the rear as we got moving. Soon enough, our 3 trucks were on the run, with Vantts hot on our tail.

Where was that Squid though, I wonder? I heard some explosions back when we were running. Maybe it was dead? If that's what happened, then that's good. No more Squids to worry about-

As the humming of 3 more Squids jetting through the adjacent streets became audible over the engine, I cursed my thoughts.

Bishop Bishop Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Trappy Trappy
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Cyberchaun Cyberchaun Bobcrash Bobcrash SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Elekta Kount Elekta Kount D. Rex D. Rex H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

Michael Krauss

"Hypnos, triangulate that transmission and track it!" Michael shouted to a nearby rebel. The rebel ran over to the communications beacon and started working "Alright, we've got a signal, but there's fighting, all members of the Vulcan Corps, stay in the back, and shoot down any and all xeno's and xeno vehicles. Gunners, shoot at the krakens, and everyone else, assist the other rebel force. Mobilize the carriers and Strykers" Michael shouted. The makeshift outpost was disassembled as rebels poured from their stations into the large trucks, with rebels carrying either grenade launchers or rocket launchers peering from the back. "Hephaestus, we're tracking it" the rebel said. "Aye, get in a Stryker Hypnos, we're moving out" Michael carried the communication beacon do the leading Stryker, and stashed it in a storage compartment, but used his mechanical interface-er to track the transmission from a more portable view.

A small 3-dimensional hologram of the surrounding terrain hovered above the circular screen of the gadget, and displayed two points. The Pantheon Rebel Cell appeared as a rhombus, and the radio transmission that was being tracked appeared as a pulsating circle. Michael sat comfortably in the large turret of the lead Stryker, and put the mechanical interface-er in a small box-like compartment that was similar to that of a vacuum chamber, and was sealed off and put into a sort of gravitational stasis, in which the interface-er didn't move. Like being frozen in ice but without the ice. The platoon of heavy vehicles moved ahead in a tight formation. The four less heavily armed Strykers covered the planks, while Michael's Stryker lead. the four carriers were in the center, with the ordnance crews of the rear two poking from the center, but the front two were perched on makeshift platforms, with railings on the side, along with several telescopic deployable shields.

The convoy started it's voyage, a thundering force of rebels. Only time and fate would tell if they would be able to reach the other rebels in time, and survive the ordeal.

Kabboom Kabboom Bishop Bishop Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
Trappy Trappy LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Tempo Tempo
D. Rex D. Rex Elekta Kount Elekta Kount H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

Zofia

Jetting so soon, were they? A whole lot of them burst into the lot, shouting and shooting and before she could blink she had been hauled up, mistaken for a Bush Wolf and taken with them in the blur of chaos. She held tight to her Magnum as the truck hurtled and lurched to a start, with a madman half sitcking out the cab window. "Ahm, excuse me! Get in the fucking thing properly perhaps! I'm not dying because of some stupidity!" She shouts at him.

1547843926398.png

HFC Frigate "the Typhoon", was dark above Siguria, listening quietly on enemy chatter, when they picked up a distress call, the ship commander contemplated on the idea of saving some people... It was Sarah who convinced him to save them...

Sarah Dell
Sarah and her fireteam of 4 jogged down the ships corridor towards the hanger area in full combat gear, jetpacks on, weapons loaded, ready for a fight. "Alright boys and girls, we're going on a little trip to the planet below, expect to be shot at and expect aliens. If you see any with a gun you put that fucker down before it can even see you! NOW LET'S GO TO HELL AND REMIND THEM WHO OWNS IT! OORAH?!" she shouted through the comms and received a delightful reply of 'oorah's'. They picked up the pace and reached the hanger quite quickly, 2 UVH-23's were already warmed up and ready to go... the ships lifted off and out of the frigate, the ships dashed quickly towards the planet, cutting most of their engines when they were close enough to let gravity do the rest, the ships were designed for dropping(literally) into a planets atmosphere to avoid blockades and look like simple space debris. The ships were soon at the right altitude and quickly engaged upward thrusters, slowing their descent.

The ships then dashed towards the transmissions last location, they were quite close when the ships detected lots of moment, fast ones. Vehicles. "Hello this is the HFC, humanity first coalition. We are here to help." the pilot of the first ship said through open comms, "I see a parking lot, but i don't think these ships can carry everyone..." the pilot said, Sarah sighs, they'd probably need to have the ship go loud now. Drop into the area and send out equipment carriers. They only have 2 on the ship.. And they aren't that fast. And that's only IF there's room for it... "...Foxtrot 04 tell the typhoon to send a few more ships." she said..Meanwhile the Typhoon had a power fluctuation and basically pinged their location to the planet, the ship immediately started up and turned away from the planet to warp away from the planet... "...Ma'am. The Typhoon is gone." the pilot said after pinging, there should have been another ping. "WHAT?!" she shouted. The soldiers on board were not fazed.

"Ok boys and girls, looks like we are gonna be here awhile. Zulu 22, bug out, find a place to hide for now. Foxtrot 04, when we drop, follow 22." she stated as she pulled a lever and the back of the ship opened up, "Alrighty, feet first into hell!" she shouted as she jumps out over the convoy, her jet pack kicks in and cusions her fall, topped off with the light exo skeleton made for making large falls easier to take. She lands on a stryker, along with the other 3 shock troopers, "Someone order some reapers?" a male voice said in open comms, one of Sarahs soldiers. They hope they don't get shot for scaring them..

1547844861857.png
Cyberchaun Cyberchaun
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Tempo Tempo
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount
Trappy Trappy
Bishop Bishop Kabboom Kabboom
D. Rex D. Rex Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Michael Krauss

Michael Krauss heard a loud thud and four objects landed on a nearby Stryker. The convoy stopped in it's tracks. "Hephaestus, this is Hades, I've got four Uniforms on and near the turret, I am holding fire" Michael Krauss grabbed his auto-cannon, walking out of his Stryker. He tuned into the comm array of the Pantheon rebels "This is Krauss, we have four Uniforms on Hades, prepare for engagement, but don't fire" A rebel went in to replace Krauss' position in his Stryker's turret. The four turrets of the other Strykers lurched, aiming and Sarah and her Shock Troopers. The ordnance crew Vulcan had their weapons locked, and the remaining rebels had their carbines trained on target. Krauss walked up, a foreboding mass. He spoke in a solemn voice, strong and brash. "We mean not to harm or threaten you, but we will use force in necessary to guarantee our well being, now, who are you four, and what are you doing on our tank?"

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Tempo Tempo
Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Trappy Trappy Bishop Bishop
D. Rex D. Rex Kabboom Kabboom Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Pryce

"Shove it up your bum, piss-hag!" I barked back at... whoever that was. Didn't know our rebellion is already that big. I used to know most of the Wolves. Is this a new face? Bah, who cares. But she's got a point. Pushing myself in, I find that my AR-15 is preventing me from squeezing through the tight window. Clumsily flinging its sling off my torso while I narrowly dodge slow traffic ahead, I toss it back to her. "Take this! And try not to lose it, this shit's expensive!" I holler back as I finally squeeze into the cabin.

We were gunning down one of the big streets at least. The Vantt vehicles in pursuit of us didn't have any big boombooms like the Squids hounding us, which is probably why we even lived this long. At least stacks of sheet metal can still protect against lasguns, otherwise the rear of this damn truck would've been smouldering mincemeat by now. Opening the driver side door and using all of my strength to push the dead driver out, I shifted over to the seat, my back slick with deceased blood.

The whirring of a Squid's plasma cannons make me twitch to the right, swerving in time to dodge a plasma blast that takes out a sizeable chunk of road. They're gonna kill us at this rate, no way we're gonna outrun those Squids. We're gonna have to split up if this is going to work. Grabbing my radio, I relayed orders to the rest of the Wolf trucks. "Split up and flee! Same RZ! Use the buildings for cover, those Squids'll getcha!"

Switching to another frequency as I give a truck driver a heart attack with my near-miss swerve, I switch back to those Pantheon guys. "Pantheon, Pantheon, this is Pryce. We're getting hounded by Squids, 3 of them. Be advised, shit is hot, over!"

Cyberchaun Cyberchaun Trappy Trappy Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

David

Thinking back about it as he ran, David wasn't expecting it, nor did anyone from what he could tell. The Vantts popped up from nowhere and started blasting, and with that, the urgency of their situation did not allow preparation nor flourish. David hopped onto the truck-bed and landed in an awkward position, face-down. Pain shot through his ribs with the rifle underneath the young man, forcing a curse to escape his mouth and caused him to wince a little. But some pain did not stop him, as David hopped back up, positioned himself and began pouring fire onto pursuing Vantt vehicles - smaller things that actually looked like conventional vehicles and not just a clusterfuck of plasma-y death like the Squids. Thankfully those things didn't carry much heavy ordnance - mostly just infantry small-arms, and the they were making progress with the extraction, though pursuit was still on on their tails.

Suddenly, as David carefully picked off visible Vantts with his rifle, a familiar sound sent chill down his spine: the whirring of plasma cannon, before a blast of plasma fire came thundering down towards them, just narrowly missing the vehicle and took out a sizeable chunk off the road. They weren't gonna survive a shot like that, nothing would!

"Lads!" He yelled from his firing position in the back. "We gotta lose these Squids, we don't have the firepower to take 'em out!"

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Kabboom Kabboom

Michael Krauss

He listened to the message from Pryce, and cursed from under his breath. "We're gonna need an answer, hotshots."

The shock troopers were about to answer but the sudden plasma blast made them look towards where it came from, "Sparkplug, don't suppose you have anything to deal with that?" Sarah asks, Sparkplug was the squads EOD/Engineer. He knows his stuff. "I'd need a closer look, but i doubt we wanna stay and find out." he stated. Sarah clears her throat. "We are friendlies, all you need to know for now is, we are here to help." she said, doing a flat palm hand gesture down for the troopers to lie down and hold on tight. "I suggest we move when it fires. Plasma is a slow moving projectile. Depending on how far we are from it." one of the troopers said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back