• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Surreal Estate || Supernatural-Horror MotW || OPEN

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
— WELCOME TO SURREAL ESTATE !
supernatural horror monster-of-the-week.
01. introduction.
Everyone knows the term 'haunted house', but what does that really mean?

In actuality, the term is very broad. A house deemed 'haunted' can have plenty of things wrong with it. There can be ghosts who have unfinished business, negative spirits infesting the home, demons who've set up shop on the premises, curses made by magic users, so on, so forth. Sometimes, the problem isn't even part of the house; tenants can bring objects that have unfortunate energies attached to them that then extend to the home. There are even cases of the 'haunting' being able to be explained by completely ordinary means. See, haunted houses are diverse places. That said, they do have one thing in common...

Their problems drive down their market value.

See, even 'unique homes'- a term preferred by focus groups to 'haunted house' -need to get sold. Plenty of them are lovely properties once you get past the supernatural happenings. After all, wouldn't you like a place overlooking the ocean so long as you knew you weren't about to get skewered by a pirate once-scorned? Like any house, they just need some special care in order to reach their full potential and let potential buyers see their real beauty.

Welcome to Ackehurst Real Estate, where we take care of the homes before they take care of you.

02. explanation.
Welcome to Surreal Estate!

Surreal Estate is a monster-of-the-week style horror-supernatural group that follows the employees of a real estate agency that specialize in the selling of haunted houses. With every new house comes new problems, ranging from demons to the ghosts of children left behind. The team has to face these problems by figuring out what they're dealing with and how to properly go about putting things to rest. Then, of course, comes the difficult part: setting up the house to sell to potential buyers. There are plenty of roles to choose from, ranging from the architect to the psychic/medium. Roles can even be suggested by players who may have ideas for something not listed.

This is an idea I've been wanting to do for a while now, but recently found there was a show that has the concept as well and I've admittedly binged it, now spurring me to actually set this up. Just in time for spooky season, too! Please comment below if interested.

--img here

[/comment]
03. rules.
RULE 01. Members should be able to write around at least 1 paragraph; there is no maximum, but please be able to provide some details for other writers to go off of! This is a quality-over-quantity sort of group.

RULE 02. There is no posting order, but players are expected to post at least once a week, preferably more. If you can't, please just let me know; life happens and I'll always be understanding about it. This rule is just to keep the group running smoothly and avoid stalling due to ghosting.

RULE 03. Be polite OOC and engage with other players; I want this to be a fun experience in and out of character! While characters can be rude to each other, players shouldn't be.

RULE 04. This is not first come first serve and I will be choosing characters based on how well they fit the roleplay. This is not meant to stress anyone out! Its simply to make sure the group vibes well. Players can even suggest roles and I will let them know if that works for the RP; as of this time, despite having some roles set, there is no player # cap.

RULE 05. FCs and descriptions are accepted; we accept all FC types!

RULE 06. Have fun, above all, because that's why we're here

RULE 07. Please be 16+!

04. roles.

ROLE LIST OUT OF DATE; PLEASE CHECK COMMENT BELOW THIS POST!

THE ARCHITECT The architect knows the ins and outs of the houses being sold. Maybe has even been involved in building some, actually. It's likely they know what styles of houses were made when, and therefore what era of ghosts may be haunting them. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE HOME INSPECTOR The home inspector doesn't want any of the houses to be unsafe or nonfunctional. They check to make sure everything's not about to fall apart, and if it is, they try to fix it right up. After all, supernatural horrors aren't the only dangerous thing in these houses; god only knows when your pipes are going to burst! [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS The agents are the charming face of the operation. They work with the clients and try to sell the house at the best price they can get. After all, a house shouldn't be judged by its haunting! [ status: 2 roles, CLOSED ]

THE LAWYER Sometimes, there's trouble selling a house. Or with trespassing. Or with clients who don't like knowing their home is trying to kill them and actually think its the team. The lawyer is there to go over the letter of the law with the rest of their coworkers and hope that they will listen and not break down doors or something else equally stupid. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE INTERIOR DESIGNER Once the haunting is done- or actually, probably even before -the interior designer is sent in to make the place look nice. There might be blood seeping into the floors, but they'll be damned if it doesn't look amazing. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE OFFICE MANAGER The office manager sets appointments, organizes meetings, and gets in contact with...well, contacts. They also scope listings and haunted houses that are potentially going to go for sale so the agency can offer its services. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE PRIEST Some people say you need a young priest and an old priest to get rid of a haunting. That's untrue, actually! Sometimes you just need and EX-priest who was removed from the church for god-knows-what-reason and now has nothing better to do than work in real estate and do research. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE MEDIUM / PSYCHIC Ghosts and entities can reveal themselves to people, of course, but only some can see them even when they don't want to be known. The medium/psychic can see ghosts and entities at almost all times, unless there is a special case where something else is preventing them. They may have other abilities, but those will have to be discussed prior to implementing into the RP. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE GHOST HUNTER The ghost hunter is experienced in finding and getting rid of spooky nonsense. They have and probably can even make tools to trap or ward off entities, as well as know their way around what entity is what. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

01. introduction.
Everyone knows the term 'haunted house', but what does that really mean?

In actuality, the term is very broad. A house deemed 'haunted' can have plenty of things wrong with it. There can be ghosts who have unfinished business, negative spirits infesting the home, demons who've set up shop on the premises, curses made by magic users, so on, so forth. Sometimes, the problem isn't even part of the house; tenants can bring objects that have unfortunate energies attached to them that then extend to the home. There are even cases of the 'haunting' being able to be explained by completely ordinary means. See, haunted houses are diverse places. That said, they do have one thing in common...

Their problems drive down their market value.

See, even 'unique homes'- a term preferred by focus groups to 'haunted house' -need to get sold. Plenty of them are lovely properties once you get past the supernatural happenings. After all, wouldn't you like a place overlooking the ocean so long as you knew you weren't about to get skewered by a pirate once-scorned? Like any house, they just need some special care in order to reach their full potential and let potential buyers see their real beauty.

Welcome to Ackehurst Real Estate, where we take care of the homes before they take care of you.

02. explanation.
Welcome to Surreal Estate!

Surreal Estate is a monster-of-the-week style horror-supernatural group that follows the employees of a real estate agency that specialize in the selling of haunted houses. With every new house comes new problems, ranging from demons to the ghosts of children left behind. The team has to face these problems by figuring out what they're dealing with and how to properly go about putting things to rest. Then, of course, comes the difficult part: setting up the house to sell to potential buyers. There are plenty of roles to choose from, ranging from the architect to the psychic/medium. Roles can even be suggested by players who may have ideas for something not listed.

This is an idea I've been wanting to do for a while now, but recently found there was a show that has the concept as well and I've admittedly binged it, now spurring me to actually set this up. Just in time for spooky season, too! Please comment below if interested.

03. rules.
RULE 01. Members should be able to write around at least 1 paragraph; there is no maximum, but please be able to provide some details for other writers to go off of! This is a quality-over-quantity sort of group.

RULE 02. There is no posting order, but players are expected to post at least once a week, preferably more. If you can't, please just let me know; life happens and I'll always be understanding about it. This rule is just to keep the group running smoothly and avoid stalling due to ghosting.

RULE 03. Be polite OOC and engage with other players; I want this to be a fun experience in and out of character! While characters can be rude to each other, players shouldn't be.

RULE 04. This is not first come first serve and I will be choosing characters based on how well they fit the roleplay. This is not meant to stress anyone out! Its simply to make sure the group vibes well. Players can even suggest roles and I will let them know if that works for the RP; as of this time, despite having some roles set, there is no player # cap.

RULE 05. FCs and descriptions are accepted; we accept all FC types!

RULE 06. Have fun, above all, because that's why we're here

RULE 07. Please be 16+!

04. roles.
ROLE LIST OUT OF DATE; PLEASE CHECK COMMENT BELOW THIS POST!

THE ARCHITECT The architect knows the ins and outs of the houses being sold. Maybe has even been involved in building some, actually. It's likely they know what styles of houses were made when, and therefore what era of ghosts may be haunting them. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE HOME INSPECTOR The home inspector doesn't want any of the houses to be unsafe or nonfunctional. They check to make sure everything's not about to fall apart, and if it is, they try to fix it right up. After all, supernatural horrors aren't the only dangerous thing in these houses; god only knows when your pipes are going to burst! [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE REAL ESTATE AGENTS The agents are the charming face of the operation. They work with the clients and try to sell the house at the best price they can get. After all, a house shouldn't be judged by its haunting! [ status: 2 roles, OPEN ]

THE LAWYER Sometimes, there's trouble selling a house. Or with trespassing. Or with clients who don't like knowing their home is trying to kill them and actually think its the team. The lawyer is there to go over the letter of the law with the rest of their coworkers and hope that they will listen and not break down doors or something else equally stupid. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE INTERIOR DESIGNER Once the haunting is done- or actually, probably even before -the interior designer is sent in to make the place look nice. There might be blood seeping into the floors, but they'll be damned if it doesn't look amazing. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE OFFICE MANAGER The office manager sets appointments, organizes meetings, and gets in contact with...well, contacts. They also scope listings and haunted houses that are potentially going to go for sale so the agency can offer its services. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE PRIEST Some people say you need a young priest and an old priest to get rid of a haunting. That's untrue, actually! Sometimes you just need and EX-priest who was removed from the church for god-knows-what-reason and now has nothing better to do than work in real estate and do research. [ status: 1 role, CLOSED ]

THE MEDIUM / PSYCHIC Ghosts and entities can reveal themselves to people, of course, but only some can see them even when they don't want to be known. The medium/psychic can see ghosts and entities at almost all times, unless there is a special case where something else is preventing them. They may have other abilities, but those will have to be discussed prior to implementing into the RP. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

THE GHOST HUNTER The ghost hunter is experienced in finding and getting rid of spooky nonsense. They have and probably can even make tools to trap or ward off entities, as well as know their way around what entity is what. [ status: 1 role, OPEN ]

OOC: here
Lore: here
Characters: here

Last edited:
Hello! Surreal Estate is opening for some new members; we're a MOTW style game where the 'monster' of each week is actually a house the team has to un-haunt in order to sell. We do multiple houses per set so everyone has a chance to participate in the horrors; our upcoming set is going to be 3 houses of horrors. Mainly, we are looking for the following roles:

Monster Hunters (2), Architect (1), Ghost Hunter (1)

Currently we have:

1 interior designer
1 priest
1 contractor
1 lawyer
1 historian
1 monster hunter
2 interns
2 psychics
2 ghost hunters
3 real estate agents

If you're interested and have questions, feel free to shoot me a message! I can also give out our discord.

The reviews are in for Surreal Estate. Let's see what our players say!

"4 and a half stars. Could use more murder, overall amazing plot and great crew." - Walliver Walliver

"9/10 best rp on the site, but they did stab me. Great role play but I cannot stress enough they did stab me." - TrashRabbit TrashRabbit

"10/10. Wow, this RP is great. Kudos to whoever made it!" - Anonymous member who definitely didn't make the rp

"10/10 Horrifying! Life and death experiences every outing, and my business is booming thanks to them. (Make sure to check your local funeral home Spick & Span). Death may or may not occur, and if it does, I got you covered." - Sear Sear

"☆☆☆☆☆ slaps Surreal Estate RP. You can fit so much Horror in this bad boy." - Nimbus Nimbus

"My review ----> :^)" - birdgeoisie birdgeoisie

"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ Ollie let me beat the shit out of another character with minimum consequences it was great." - Ha_lfLife Ha_lfLife

"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ The estates are pretty surreal." - Ha_lfLife Ha_lfLife (hey wait did half review AGAIN?)

"Five stars. Monsters are romance-able." - Sear Sear (oh god! rating fraud is being committed!)

"10 stars ollie lets me kiss the monsters." - birdgeoisie birdgeoisie

"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ Some players will give u nitro so that’s cool I guess" - Ha_lfLife Ha_lfLife (there is no promise of nitro with this rp)

"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ kissy wissies ollie on the brain." - cadence cadence

"⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ I get bullied here. Its great you should join." - floripher floripher

Last edited:
Real talk you should join this rp if you like Horrors and Angst and well-thought out and loved plotting from your gm ^-^

You can appraise houses (affectionate), appraise houses (derogatory), contemplate the Sacred Cod over Dunkin, deck monsters in the face, kiss the horrors, befriend and romance your coworkers (including HR♡), ride around in cars that may or may not be haunted, and get possessed by a ghost or other horror...what more could you want in a RP, really?

307f4fd62375083e218e6bc97938c3ef.jpg

Hello, I'd like to reply here. How do I do that? xD
Hi there! You just replied to the interest thread do you're already a step on your way to applying! Our fearless leader elytra elytra has made a lovely character sheet thread here and is in the process of herding us players towards the next round of houses for sale.

The skeleton for the Character Sheet is on that page. You can create your sheet and post it in the characters thread as an application. Have fun♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back