• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Supplicants of the Old Pantheon

Pat

Three Thousand Club
A veil of mist has fallen over the archipelago of creation left unfinished by the pantheon that has forsaken it's children, and with it, the heirs of existence no longer find purchase in womb nor soil. You are of the last generation, the prophesized savors of the remnants of humanity not yet past. Raised to be sacrificial lambs so that life may have a future, it is now the duty of your adventuring party to see that the magics of the gods and goddesses is restored by any means deemed necessary.

××× ××× ××× ××× ×××
This roleplay inspired by Greek mythology will be set in a science fantasy 'swords and sandals' setting full of warm inviting beaches in terms of aesthetics. What is left of civilization pledges their loyalty to the Empire, a paradise on earth for the meek and the able of society. Interested roleplayers will assume the role of magically enhanced 'champions' trained from birth in unforgiving adventuring academies across the known world to then be honed into the heroes and heroines destined to return the 'aura' of the pantheon before mankind's extinction. While combat will be a somewhat regular occurrence, the wits and cunning of your characters will determine their ultimate fate. Be prepared for riddles, cyphers, puzzles, trickery, deceit, manipulation, and more.

Last edited:
Do you have any questions for me, or would you wish to inform me what in particular about the setting is to your fancy?

I think, in general, I want a little more general information. I like the setting and the concept a lot, but it just seems somewhat vague to me.

I think, in general, I want a little more general information. I like the setting and the concept a lot, but it just seems somewhat vague to me.
Civilization is dying. Nothing will grow. No one can bear children. The seas are turbulent, the sun and moon no longer follow their courses. Everything man relies upon is tied to the magic, the aura, of the pantheon that seemingly fully abandoned humanity fifteen years ago when the last births occurred (although this does not mean characters can't be a few years older). Food shortages are becoming an increasingly common occurrence, and the remaining arable farmland is a coveted thing. The monster races, sensing weakness, are encroaching on human territory, and now wage a war of attrition mankind can't sustain for much longer. Although the exact population left is heavily censored, many speculate only tens of thousands remain. Technologically, compared to it's inspiration of ancient greece these guys are quite advanced, perhaps comparable to late medieval Europe. They do have technology that exceeds even that, but without magic, of which there is an ever dwindling amount, their advancements are useless.

Civilization is dying. Nothing will grow. No one can bear children. The seas are turbulent, the sun and moon no longer follow their courses. Everything man relies upon is tied to the magic, the aura, of the pantheon that seemingly fully abandoned humanity fifteen years ago when the last births occurred (although this does not mean characters can't be a few years older). Food shortages are becoming an increasingly common occurrence, and the remaining arable farmland is a coveted thing. The monster races, sensing weakness, are encroaching on human territory, and now wage a war of attrition mankind can't sustain for much longer. Although the exact population left is heavily censored, many speculate only tens of thousands remain. Technologically, compared to it's inspiration of ancient greece these guys are quite advanced, perhaps comparable to late medieval Europe. They do have technology that exceeds even that, but without magic, of which there is an ever dwindling amount, their advancements are useless.

I see. That definitely sparks my interest a lot more! Thank you!

I see. That definitely sparks my interest a lot more! Thank you!

No idea if anyone else is going to be interested in this. Presumably a few more, but if not I'd like to make it clear I wouldn't mind having a roleplay with just you in it if that becomes the case.

No idea if anyone else is going to be interested in this. Presumably a few more, but if not I'd like to make it clear I wouldn't mind having a roleplay with just you in it if that becomes the case.

I've bookmarked the thread and will get started soon! Hopefully we get more interest

Bump. We currently have a single completed character. I'd like at least one more.

I think we'll be beginning about, tomorrow or friday? That should be enough. If not, I'll stretch the start of the roleplay to midday Saturday.

I actually do have a question about the magic. Is it more that the Champions are just buff wizards and can do whatever. Or is it more the Champions embody the Gods last magic. Basically how do you want to play the magic angle in your world? Pat Pat

I actually do have a question about the magic. Is it more that the Champions are just buff wizards and can do whatever. Or is it more the Champions embody the Gods last magic. Basically how do you want to play the magic angle in your world? Pat Pat
They're more so altered physically by magical means than they are capable of magic. Anyone is capable of utilizing magic, but control over it requires training. What magic is left, is limited, and can be found largely in artifacts or in areas of apparent significance to the old pantheon. Other than that, it's only found in trace amounts, if at all. The Empire utilized some of the magic left at their disposal to make the champions superhuman, more or less. While they won't be like superheroes that're capable of anything, they are formidable opponents in duels (and are quite effective together which their training emphasises out of necessity) or even hunting monsters, and most notably have an accelerated metabolism and lessened need for sleep and rest.

Player death is very possible however, and not all monsters are going to necessarily be beatable by mere brute force. Talking to them, sneaking past them, tricking them, those too are valid, and sometimes the only valid, ways of getting out of tough situations. To some enemies, you'll just be pesky bugs to swat.

I have some questions as well. Since, from my understanding, there are multiple adventuring academies across the world are there any differences between them? As in specializing in a certain fighting style or having different teaching methods?

Also, you mentioned anyone is capable of utilizing magic, but that controlling it requires training. Do the academies offer this type of training? If so, would my character, with this training, be able to cast a few spells or utilize magic in some way in battle while also doing the typical slashing and stabbing with a sword? Since magic is limited, I was thinking it could be a side battle skill of sorts. Pat Pat

I have some questions as well. Since, from my understanding, there are multiple adventuring academies across the world are there any differences between them? As in specializing in a certain fighting style or having different teaching methods?

Also, you mentioned anyone is capable of utilizing magic, but that controlling it requires training. Do the academies offer this type of training? If so, would my character, with this training, be able to cast a few spells or utilize magic in some way in battle while also doing the typical slashing and stabbing with a sword? Since magic is limited, I was thinking it could be a side battle skill of sorts. Pat Pat
The men and women in charge of the academies can dramatically change your mentioned variables, but as a whole they uniformly seek to dismantle who your characters are psychologically. The people there are also quite diverse, as other academies have shut down due to the population dramatically changing or some communities being abandoned entirely.

Some academies do, some don't. The ones that don't see it as a waste of time. They're often more strict and conservative, and don't trust their students to utilize magic effectively enough to justify wasting a lot to train them. And yes, your character can be like that. Magic is usually limited to artifacts or 'containers', essentially like mana potions. There may be some magic left in the body of your character, especially if their magic enhancement was botched a bit, but not enough to be too effective early on. You could cast some spells though before it depletes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back