• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Stupendous Screwups - open - play by post - prowlers and paragons

Characters
Here
Only the rank matters. If your highest trait rank is 7, you start with 10 resolve.
Does the Weak con affect the rank for this purpose? I'm trying to see if there's an active defense version of Penetrating (halves active defenses against it rather than passive ones), and while I could be missing it I don't see one.

Does the Weak con affect the rank for this purpose? I'm trying to see if there's an active defense version of Penetrating (halves active defenses against it rather than passive ones), and while I could be missing it I don't see one.
No, Weak only affects a power's cost, and changes how people roll defenses against it. A power's rank is always either: a) the sum of the number of ranks you purchased, plus its baseline (if any); or b) its default rank.

For your idea, I would take Resisted: Applied to Powers that inflict special effects, this Pro means the Power doesn’t need to physically strike the target to affect them. Or perhaps the power can’t miss. Either way, targets can’t use active defenses against this Power.

This is even better; instead of halving the roll, it just eliminates those defenses as an option altogether. However, if you can't think of a way to flavor this that you like, we can come up with something else.

For your idea, I would take Resisted: Applied to Powers that inflict special effects, this Pro means the Power doesn’t need to physically strike the target to affect them. Or perhaps the power can’t miss. Either way, targets can’t use active defenses against this Power.

This is even better; instead of halving the roll, it just eliminates those defenses as an option altogether. However, if you can't think of a way to flavor this that you like, we can come up with something else.
I wasn't sure I could apply Resisted to Blast, since I don't know what counts as a power which inflicts special effects. However, I'm alright with it if you are. There's definitely something funny about this emotional wreck being so good with boomerangs he literally doesn't miss.

I wasn't sure I could apply Resisted to Blast, since I don't know what counts as a power which inflicts special effects. However, I'm alright with it if you are. There's definitely something funny about this emotional wreck being so good with boomerangs he literally doesn't miss.
Maybe the boomerangs are made out of feelings

"Truss me love, bet not to have feelin's."

Keith's abilities are almost completed, but I do have some more questions. Does Stun with the EMP con affect powered armor?
Yes, so long as the power armor relies on electronic components. The occupant won't be affected unless they are also electronic.

Very nice.

I think I've put together something which is...pretty good. Everything is done, totaled up to 125 points and calculated out, at least.

play by post rules

- a round of actions is a "page" : each player and NPC if any get to act
- heroes (players) always go first, then NPCs
- no strict post order
- if your character will not take an action, whether due to some condition, or voluntarily, just indicate this in your post; in other words, you are free to pass your turn for any reason
- I will indicate the start of a new page at the end of the NPC phase
- wherever it matters, Edge will be used to determine order of action resolution
- if your action is invalidated in a way that can't be resolved narratively or using Edge, you can change your action

Out of consideration for your fellow players, please minimize the use of bbcode and formatting in your posts. The minimum font size is 15. Text - background colors, if changed from the default, will be high contrast.

"Can I see that dude from here?"

"You're still in the cellar, you couldn't have heard this conversation"

After a little bit of experience in other games, I came up with this method for assisting with theater of the mind, to assist with visualizing and tracking relative positions. In any scene, the area where the action takes place is divided up into regions, locations, zones, and sections.

Regions represent the limit of extreme range. Regions are divided into locations, which represent distant range. Generally speaking, a given scene will be contained in a single region.

Locations are divided into zones, which represent close range.

Zones are divided into sections, which represent melee range. (There is no specific "melee range" in the rules. This range just means you're close enough to get in someone's face without expending any movement.)

Everyone in the same region / location / zone / section is no further than the associated range from each other.

These are all abstract divisions, of course, and depend on context. Here's an example.

Region • a city block
Location • a convenience store
Convenience store zones • exterior, interior
Exterior sections • gas pumps, parking lot, sidewalk
Interior sections • aisles, checkout, beer cooler, employee office

In this example, it's pretty clear how the areas adjoin each other. Wherever necessary, I'll clarify adjacency, entrances, etc when setting up a scene. These divisions can help to inform decisions about line of sight, hearing, and other types of perception.

When you want to change your range relative to another character, you move from one of these areas to another. If it's opposed movement, a failure means you either didn't make it to your intended destination, or the other guy moved to another area, or both; whatever makes sense for the rolls, context, and movement types involved.

After a little bit of experience in other games, I came up with this method for assisting with theater of the mind, to assist with visualizing and tracking relative positions.
Aye, understood that too.

So, when will we get to the part about establishing the character relations and such?

You can begin at any time you wish.
Right, got it.

Ahem. Well, that took a while, sorry. I did add all the finishing touches as described on page 72 of the document you posted, except for one. I don't want to be the first guy to state how my character relates to another character, that seems a bit awkward, but anyone who wants to have apprehended Keith in the past is free to do so.

Hey guys, I'm reading the player's handbook, I'm thinking to make a pretty generic good guy character in the vain of superman, boyscout archetype but they have some sort of atrocious past they are trying to overcome.

Pretty simple powers too, I'm thinking maybe a brain washed super soldier, or a demon contacted from hell, that kind of thing.

Hey guys, I'm reading the player's handbook, I'm thinking to make a pretty generic good guy character in the vain of superman, boyscout archetype but they have some sort of atrocious past they are trying to overcome.

Pretty simple powers too, I'm thinking maybe a brain washed super soldier, or a demon contacted from hell, that kind of thing.
Sounds pretty neat. Simple often works very well for these kinds of things because it's easier to know what you're doing and you can more properly play around with expectations, which is what the "atrocious past" idea seems to be.

What kinds of powers are you thinking of going for? The standard super strength or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back