• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Ok this is pretty neat. I had no idea something like this existed.

How does the multiplayer portion work?

I messed around with it last night. Definitely interesting. I am interested in giving this a shot.

Last edited:
I have never heard of this program, but I do like me some DnD. It would certainly be nice to be a part of a game that didn't fizzle out after a few sessions. Is this game still looking for members?

First, let me apologize up front for the bait and switch, it really wasn't my intention.

Second, if we do play a supers game, we'll be using an easy to learn, crunch-minimal system with fast character creation, and you won't have to buy anything.

I will invite everyone to contribute setting and plot ideas; we'll build the world together.

My initial skeleton for the setting will be more or less modern day but with elements of pulp fantasy and science fiction mixed in. If you have a wildly different preference or a specific idea you've been working on, I am all ears. I am happy to work any sort of character origin / concept into the game.

The overall tone of the game will be somewhere in the vicinity of justice league unlimited.

well for a superhero world. my favorite setting is the My Hero Academia.
and while I can say I know of the Justice league, I've never seen any of the stuff about it. (movies, cartoons, comics)

I have a few ideas for superhero characters that I would enjoy pulling out of the cobwebs of my mind. I am not familiar with the anime of My Hero Academia, and am not a fan of the DC movie franchise, but if it is anything like the MCU films like the Avengers, I would be willing to give it a shot.

I may also be able to get another player involved if you are still looking for people. I'm good friends with Psychie in Real Life, and we have several games together here.

so as a tldr, take the idea of xmen but skip ahead to when basically everyone is a mutant. And having powers is common place.
For what we would be using it for here, the anime world is that the majority of the people have some sort of special power but not everyone. and how powerful that ability is varies a lot it can range from little more then being able to use it for party tricks, to legit superhero level powers. and since this is spread out across the entire population, this also means plenty of people will ill intent have some powerful ability's. So being a Superhero is an legit full time well paying job. As they need people with equally powerful ability's to counter the bad guys and their ability's.

Let us suppose that, in the entire world, there are about 1.5 million supes, or about 1 in every 5,000 people. They may or may not be evenly distributed by population; some may prefer living near other supes, others might prefer the opposite.

You may have any origin or source for your powers that you wish. Granted by a powerful being, genetic mutation, mystical insight, some sort of accident, etc.

You don't have to have "super" super powers. You can choose to be an extraordinarily skilled normal person, like green arrow, or batman.

You can have multiple powers, limited only by the ruleset, which I will post soon.

You can be part of an organization (which we can create together, and there can be more than one) and be a full time hero for pay, or you can do your own thing. You can choose to be a celebrity, or homeless, or anything in between.

Note that if you wish to be extremely wealthy or powerful, as in own your own nation or moon base powerful, there are actual perks in the system that permit that; otherwise, you can have pretty much any sort of lifestyle you want.

Feel free to keep brainstorming here, I will try to have the real thread up soon.

Hmm. What system are you planning on using for this? I'm curious.

I'm thinking of different characters that I've made up for a game system that I play a lot, and I'm wondering how hard it will be to convert the ideas I have into this new system.

Almost forgot "justice league tone" just means fairly light hearted, pg13, etc. Nobody dies with rare exceptions. Minimal blood if any. Fun for the whole family. You needn't have seen the show.

Hmm. What system are you planning on using for this? I'm curious.

I'm thinking of different characters that I've made up for a game system that I play a lot, and I'm wondering how hard it will be to convert the ideas I have into this new system.

We'll be using prowlers and paragons, and you can create whatever you can imagine. If you can't flavor one of the stock powers appropriately, you can invent your own.

Never heard of that one, but there are a lot of systems out there that I've never played before.

I am leaning towards a character I've named Skids. She's a telekinetic that has a powerful force field that she can't seem to turn off, so it limits her ability for personal contact. Instead of walking, she slides along the ground on the bottom of the force field that keeps her 'floating' a few inches above the ground.

When she wants to, she can 'stretch' her TK field out to grab stuff and manipulate it, giving her a pretty good lifting strength, and she can hurl balls of telekinetic force at bad guys.

I presume that all of this is workable in this system?

Never heard of that one, but there are a lot of systems out there that I've never played before.

I am leaning towards a character I've named Skids. She's a telekinetic that has a powerful force field that she can't seem to turn off, so it limits her ability for personal contact. Instead of walking, she slides along the ground on the bottom of the force field that keeps her 'floating' a few inches above the ground.

When she wants to, she can 'stretch' her TK field out to grab stuff and manipulate it, giving her a pretty good lifting strength, and she can hurl balls of telekinetic force at bad guys.

I presume that all of this is workable in this system?
Easy, and should be covered by the stock powers.

I found the Prowlers and Paragons PDF on line, so in my free time later on, I'll do some reading on character creation.

I found the Prowlers and Paragons PDF on line, so in my free time later on, I'll do some reading on character creation.
Make sure you're using the ultimate edition. There will be a google docs link in the thread with the core rules so we're all on the same page.

I believe I have the ultimate edition, so it should be good.

Hmm. I am thinking that I don't have the ultimate edition after all. But the version I have will at least give me an idea on how to play the game. I'll keep searching for a good copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back