• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy SUPERNOVA SANCTUARY [Open]

AnemoVictorious

local tired fool
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

SUPERNOVA SANCTUARY

Crisis of Meteoroids

Twenty years ago, a series of large meteoroids fell down to the planet Aetherina. Many were killed and the terror caused them to transform into labyrinths and unleash creatures known as 'Penumbra' upon the world. This event came to be known as the Crisis of Meteoroids. Things were bleak, as nobody knew how to deal with these creatures. That was when a scientist known as Nova Faye took up studying the Penumbra and the labyrinths, sponsored by the Church of the Divines. Nova, with the help of the high priest at the time, was able to work with the divines for a way to harness their powers to fight to eradicate the Penumbra and labyrinths, to save Aetherinia and humanity, and prevent such a crisis from happening again. They way they decided to do this was through gifting certain humans divine power - signified by a Star Brand on their dominant hand. Those with that divine power would then be able to partake in a holy ritual with another, compatible person to create 'Star Children'. The deal was sealed - Nova established the Starbound Saviors, recruited more researchers, fully partnered with the church, and began to work on technology that would help save the world.

Approximately 10 months ago, Supernova Sanctuary was built as a new headquarters building and training facility for those chosen by the Gods. And it's just about time for trainees to start arriving...

Starbound Saviors

Upon receiving the Star Brand, the wielder is designated as a Luminary and is expected to head towards one of the many HQs with training facilities to begin learning how to use their new abilities. Only those over 18 can receive the Star Brand and become a Luminary. Each Luminary's Star Brand is a different color, representing them - it does not have to coincide with their main type of magic.

Luminaries are split into two categories, depending on whether or not they have more star or cosmic energy. The lab on-site of the HQ will assess these readings. These two energies are required to make Star Children, alongside a strong bond, compatibility, and matryoshkas. Those with more star energy are said to be more passive, and are officially known as Starlight Luminaries. Those with more cosmic energy are said to be assertive, and are officially known as Darknight Luminaries. Star Children can only be made from a Darknight and a Starlight Luminary. The passive vs assertive assesment isn't always accurate, there are many passive Darknight Luminaries and assertive Starlight Luminaries, though there are more that match up to than those that do not.

The lab readings are kept and assessed so that they can be compared with those of the opposite classification. Luminaries are then partnered up with a person who is compatible with them - they will be partners until one of them no longer can perform their duties or if they are deemed incompatible after a reassment. As such, having a good relationship with one's partner is expected, and any budding romances between partners are actively encouraged.

Luminaries also create their own specialty weapon, alongside a battle suit, that they can transform into. Other than that, Luminaries are allowed to help out or join various activities around the HQ, including but not limited to things like culinary and smithing work, and fencing and art clubs.
[Full list will be added later]

Classmating and Star Children

The ritual for creating Star Children is called Classmating. Combing star and cosmic energy in a holy matryoshka vessel allows a soul to be created for a Star Child, who will hatch out of the matryoshka as if it were an egg. To perform classmating, both Luminaries should hold onto the matryoshka, which should be a bit cold at first, with one hand and hold onto their partner's with the other. Then, they should send their energy through their bodies as if a circuit loop until the matryoshka becomes warm. At that point, the they should let go and wait for the Star Child to come out, at which time it can be named.

Star Children come in a variety of classes - the strongest classes can only be born if two powerful Luminaries with a strong bond classmate. Star Children have elements as well. The elements a parent posesses will influence theirs, but it can also be completely random. When a Star Child has learned all they can, they can be granted independence - they will help out around the HQ and the surrounding city.
[A class list will be added later.]

Elements

Every human is born with an associated type of magic they can use - upon becoming a Luminary, their magic is given the divine power to slay Penumbra. Magical elements are split into 11 categories. Most people only are associated with one, but on occasion one can be associated with two. It's a recessive trait, so if both parents have two elemental associated, so will the child. A child may inherit their aspects from their parents (if they have two, they inherit both from each parent, or a combination of two of their parents' elements if one or both have two themselves. In the case both parents share the same element, the child's second element can be random or traced back to a grandparent.) Every person's elemental resistances and weaknesses are unique to them - One person associated with Ignis may be weak to Aqua, while another may resist it and be weak to Flora.
The two elements do not need to be compatible for a combination magic, but if they are, a person can use it without combining their spells with a partner.
Each element has a theme color.
NAME - Common term (Color name + Hexcode) - Combinations
IGNIS - Fire (Burnt Orange #CC5500) - Can combine with Aqua (Steam), Lucent (Flash), Glaze (Melt), Terra (Magma), and Flora (Burn).
AQUA - Water (Lake Michigan #50A6C2) - Ignis (Steam), Glaze (Freeze), Terra (Mud), Voltage (Shock), and Tempest (Typhoon).
LUCENT - Light (Sunglow #FFCC33) - Can combine with Ignis OR Voltage (Flash) and Shade (Eclipse).
SHADE - Darkness (Titanium #B6AFA9) - Can combine with Lucent (Eclipse).
GLAZE - Ice (Pale Aqua #BCD4E6) - Can combine with Ignis (Melt), Aqua (Freeze), and Tempest (Hail).
TERRA - Earth (Earth Yellow #E1A95F) - Can combine with Ignis (Magma), Aqua (Mud) and Flora (Nature).
FLORA - Plant (Shamrock Green #009E60) - Can combine with Ignis (Burn), Terra (Nature), and Virus (Toxin).
VOLTAGE - Electricity (Electric Yellow #FFFF00) - Can combine with Aqua (Shock), Lucent (Flash), Tempest (Storm), Chime (Thunder)
TEMPEST - Air (Lichen #C0D9AF) - Can combine with Aqua (Typhoon), Glaze (Hail), Voltage (Storm), and Chime (Windstorm)
CHIME - Sound (Toolbox #746CC0) - Can combine with Voltage (Thunder) and Tempest (Windstorm)
VIRUS - Poison (Fandango #B53389) - Can combine with Flora (Toxin)

There are two sub-types of magic that do not count as a full element, yet some humans may be gifted in the art of them. (This is the only way one can have three or four associations)
ALLURE - Illusion (Pink Pearl #E7ACCF)
REMEDY - Healing (Coral Red #FF4040)

Combat

Luminaries design their own personalized weapons and battle armor with the help of Starbound Savior's lab tech. These weapons are called Stardust Beacons and the battle suits are called Voyagers. They can be summoned through a device called a Stellarsphere - using star and cosmic energy to form armor and weaponry that can help control magic and resist it as well.

Penumbra take on the form of creatures - whether it be simple animals or mythological beings. They are categorized into classifications based on how they act and appear. Penumbra also have elements - each individual is resistant or weak to the same things as other members of their classification, as well as having the same attacks.

Aetherinia

Aetherinia is a vast world with many different regions - though they all have a common language they speak. Labyrinths have sprouted all over the world, however, meaning nowhere is completely safe. As a result, Starbound Saviors HQs have sprouted up in many different regions. Luminaries are allowed to pick which one they want to go to - they do not have to go to the nearest one. The five most populated regions are Morenth, Sunero, Elthere, Arcasinth, and Enise.
[During Worldbuilding, you will be allowed to collaborate to flesh out the pre-existing regions and create your own.)

The largest region is Morenth. The Morenthish live in the plains, their land is good for livestock and farming. Supernova Sanctuary was only recently built in the capital city of Kestel. It is currently biggest HQ of them all, which is why it took so long to build.

Bordering Morenth to the north in Sunero. The Suneronesse make their home in the mountains, and they have the highest military power. Sunero's HQ is named Rhythm Haven and it is located in their capital city, Thoycer.

To the east of both Morenth and Sunero is Elthere. The Eltherians live in a volcanic region, and they have, as such, made cities both above ground and underground. They are known for mining expertise. Their capital city is Randere, which houses their HQ, Dawnsong Shelter.

Arcansith is to the north of Sunero. It's a very cold region, the Arcans are used to snow. They're good hunters and good with survival skills. Their capital is Vesta, and their HQ is named Snowbell Spire.

Enise is a region composed of islands off the east coast of Elthere. Enisan are good with fishing and are said to be the safest region. Their capital is Mamion and their HQ is Ripple Oasis.

Rules
  • Whilst this RP is loosely based on Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, with some aspects borrowed from it, no prior knowledge is required.
  • This RP will allow for collaboration with worldbuilding - that being said GMs [aka just me at the moment] have the final say in if something is allowed or not.
  • 2 character per person limit to start with - further slots may be given depending on activity. [This doesn't apply to GMs or Contributors]
  • All player characters must be between the ages of 18 and 22 - no younger, no older.
  • If you haven't chosen your character's partner, they will be randomly selected - if there's nobody available, I can make a partner.
  • Please be 18 or older yourself - there won't be anything explicit, obviously, but I would much prefer the players to be 18+.
  • I would prefer OOC on Discord, but please let me know if you cannot use it.
  • The CS thread will have all information needed for character creation, as well as the OOC
  • I and any other GM/contributor have the right to reject your character or remove you from the thread. If you repeatedly make people uncomfortable or cause problems, you will be kicked.
  • Anime styled faceclaims only - Credit your sources and faceclaims please. You can draw your characters yourself if you wish.
  • NPCs will be listed on a lore document - there will be a form for NPCs, of which you can fill out and submit to a GM who will approve it and add it to the list.
  • This is LGBT+ friendly. Characters of any gender and sexuality are allowed.
  • No OOC drama, keep it all IC please.
  • This RP will be semi-literate/advanced. No one-liners.
  • Other rules may be added, and these are subject to change.

Links

Out of Character
Coded by AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious

Last edited:
star children are mandatory - they hold a lot more power than luminaries themselves do and, as such, partners should have at least one team of three star children when fighting, with a maximum of three teams and nine children. they can have more than 9 star children, but they can only take 9 into battle with them. ^_^

hello hello hello! smolfluffball smolfluffball and I are v interested in this << may I ask, other than the passive v assertive personality difference, what separates a Darknight Luminary and a Starlight Luminary in terms of abilities/power?

4iLIFcO.gif

in all seeiousness, i dont think there's too much of a difference, but darknight luminaries are more likely to have more powerful attacks and enemy debuffs while starlight luminaries are more likely to have more powerful defensive abilities and ally buffs.

This sounds pretty cool, though I think I'll need to wait until there's a bit more information ^^;

The most pressing thing I was wondering is what  exactly are star children? Are they also fully independent and developed people or something else? Since they seem to come across a bit like minions or summons from my impression.

Also, for the purposes of this rp, how are star children traits/elements/classes/etc. generated? Will it be random, or fully selected, or some combination? Will we be controlling/rping all of them as well as our character?

Update: I've read a bit about the inspiration now so I kind of get it, but I think an explanation of how you're doing things would still be good ^^

Last edited:
star children are warrior spirits - they are fully independent but still follow the orders of their 'parents'.

my original plan was to make star children generation random, but it really could go either way - it depends on what people would prefer. as for controlling them, they would be controlled by the players of their 'parents', but wouldn't be major characters outside of fights - i imagine there would be a facility where the star children are training and being watched over, like a day-care, while the luminaries are going about their daily life.

Color me intrigued.

A quick question about the Stardust Beacons (Weapons) though. Are these devices mainly based on premodern weapons (Sword, Spear, etc.) or do they pull from more modern designs as well?

Can I suggest some more elemental combination?

Terra + voltage = magnet
Terra + chime = rumble/quake
Virus + tempest = smoke
Chime + ignis = explosion
Shade + terra = abyss

That first one made me realize that there's no element for metal, is it considered as a subtype for terra or is it a non-element?

Oooo chime+ignis sounds very cool!!

Also I actually have a question about elemental combinations: if I was to have my character with the combination storm would he be able to use both tempest and voltage attacks/buffs? Or would he only be able to use storm? Also also, is it possible for two luminaries to combine their elements together during combat to achieve a combination attack?

Also I actually have a question about elemental combinations: if I was to have my character with the combination storm would he be able to use both tempest and voltage attacks/buffs? Or would he only be able to use storm?
a person having any combination of two elements is possible, even if they aren't able to form a new type - one could have aqua and lucent even though they don't 'react' with each other.
they would still mainly have tempest and voltage spells, but storm spells would be possible even if they're on their own.

Also also, is it possible for two luminaries to combine their elements together during combat to achieve a combination attack?
mmhm! that's how most combinations take place since people with two elements are rarer - people with two compatabile elements are able to do it on their own, but i imagine that is more draining than doing it woth another person.

hope that clears things up! i'll try and get an ooc thread up soon - you can also start staking your faceclaims too!

(ik 4 sure i'm using mika kahehira from ensemble stars)

a person having any combination of two elements is possible, even if they aren't able to form a new type - one could have aqua and lucent even though they don't 'react' with each other.
they would still mainly have tempest and voltage spells, but storm spells would be possible even if they're on their own.

mmhm! that's how most combinations take place since people with two elements are rarer - people with two compatabile elements are able to do it on their own, but i imagine that is more draining than doing it woth another person.

hope that clears things up! i'll try and get an ooc thread up soon - you can also start staking your faceclaims too!

(ik 4 sure i'm using mika kahehira from ensemble stars)
Does a fc have to be from an anime specifically, or can it be an anime- or manga-styled character in general? Just asking since I don't watch many things but can usually find art I like anyway ^^;

thanks for answering!! 💕 that did clear things up c:

i also had a question about the fc: i think i recall reading that drawn ones are okay, right? i'm planning on drawing my character but i want to double check before i do :'))

Does a fc have to be from an anime specifically, or can it be an anime- or manga-styled character in general? Just asking since I don't watch many things but can usually find art I like anyway ^^;
yes - just anime styled in general! i reccomend anime character database if you need help!

thanks for answering!! 💕 that did clear things up c:

i also had a question about the fc: i think i recall reading that drawn ones are okay, right? i'm planning on drawing my character but i want to double check before i do :'))
mmhm! drawn faceclaims are okay!

ooc is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back