• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy SUPERNOVA SANCTUARY [OOC]

Other
Here

AnemoVictorious

local tired fool
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
this is the ooc thread for supernova sanctuary! we're still accepting!

for now, feel free to ask questions, give ideas, do some worldbuilding, and list your face claims (if applicable)!
i'll begin working on the cs asap! to code or not to code... hmm, maybe i'll make a roster?

CURRENT FACECLAIMS IN USE
Mika Kagehira - Ensemble Stars [ AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious ]

Interested to see where this goes and who's interested ^^

If anyone wants to throw out their general character ideas I'm always curious! I tend to like to fill in gaps when creating my characters, in terms of personality and abilities, so it helps my process to have a sens eof where others are heading ^^

so far, i plan to have a shyer, more clumsy boy - i'm not quite sure what his elements will be - but he will be a sweetheart. an awkward sweetheart who does silly things sometimes, but a sweetheart nonetheless. he'll be a starlight luminary, if anyone wants to stake claims on being his partner! right now, i'm thinking about naming him aion
OEvBUtn.png

i do plan to have a girl as well, probably a tsundere darknight luminary with glaze as her element. i don't have a faceclaim or name for her, i'm still searching, but she does have that archetype, if nothing else.

Honestly all I know so far is that I'll likely have a character that's quiet and gentle, but assertive, collected, and loyal. If that sounds like a personality that anyone wants to work/partner up with ^^;
Element is still totally up in the air, as well as battle style. The two sides to their personality could lend themselves to either aggressive or supportive/protective magic, so I might tailor that more to what is being planned for their partner ^^

yeye! im really fine with anyone for aion + tsundere - i think aion would work best with someone more calm but still assertive - i've got the basic information 4 the cs ready to go, i just need to work on aion so i have an example and then make the thread.

the current character concept I'm working with is a fancy Darknight Luminary Chime boy who thinks he's smarter than he really is! he's the sort of prim and proper type who tries not to associate himself with people he thinks as 'lesser,' (which is most people honestly) and I really look forward to having him be repeatedly proven wrong 😌 I also have a drawn faceclaim in the works, though right now it's still in that messy sketch period

hey guys!! late to the party but my idea, followed by a question:

my idea is for a dude from Enise who's difficult to approach and kind of icy on the outside but he warms up to people pretty fast, if he enjoys talking to them. he doesn't really tolerate any kind of nonsense and comes off as a serious dude (laughing and having fun isn't completely foreign to him though). basically, he's a stick in the mud and would 9/10 be the voice of reason unless he's feeling particularly sneaky or in a teasing mood. he's a Starlight Luminary and i'm thinking his element is either tempest or storm 🤔 idk his attack style or any of his attacks yet though. i'm also planning on drawing him but his sketch is uhhh really not good so it's still a major work in progress!
AreSneksSly AreSneksSly and i are planning on pairing our characters together too (tho idk why he didn't mention it squints). our characters are probably gonna be childhood friends! this might change tho idk but we were chatting about it so 🤷‍♀️

my question: is there any naming convention we should stick to? i think the anime fc's is throwing me off dfskkd - we don't need to name our characters japanese names, right? :0

At the moment I'm not quite sure what my heading is for character development. I'm another one of those who likes to help in rounding out the cast as best I can, so I'll probably settle in on an idea once I notice a gap (Whether that be in archetype/personality or in missing elemental types). Since I can't draw to save my life, and lack a set concept even if I could, I'm in the process of FC hunting, but that shouldn't slow my progress too terribly.

stinky trashdude is the name i was going to choose :O how did you ever guess???

(actually im thinking of naming him nasir but stinky is a really good first name hmmm)

Against my intent I'm started having a more firm idea forming in my head, so may as well share some of it ^^;

They would be female or nonbinary, and come from one of the cave cities of Elthere. When around at least a couple people they would appear calm and quiet, yet assertive and with a sense of humour. They would have a composure that gives them an air of gentle and even-headed control/authority. Conversely, when alone or with a single other person only they almost never speak, and are frequently anxious and emotional. This holds especially true when in one-on-one interactions or when asked about certain topics, in which they usually freeze up completely and get very emotional.

This seemed like an opportunity to try writing someone with selective mutism, which is something I deal with in certain situations alongside my social anxiety. Hope is it will create some interesting interactions and an obstacle for them to work on overcoming in working with their partner and the others ^^

I still don't know exactly about element/s, but I feel like I would want them to have Shade, at least. Possibly Remedy and another element too (Ignis, Aqua, Lucent, or Virus)? I just don't know how much we should avoid having two primary elements since that sounds rather rare, but it would make some sense for them to be a bit gifted with the backstory I've been thinking about. We'll have to see >-<

I think their personality would make for an interesting relationship with Aion, but they can still work with anyone that would be interested ^^ Here are the two fcs I'm waffling between as well for visual reference.

1675001838077.png
1675001971709.pngLeft: Shiina (Sekirei)
Right: Makoto Mitsurugi (Between the Sky and Sea)

Last edited:
local procrastinator procrastinates, more at 5

two elements is supposed to be rarer, but i don't really mind!

i do think they and aion could have an interesting relationship - one on one, aion could be trying and failing to break the ice, he'd definitely be very nervous about it though, worried that he's done something wrong.

i just woke up my sleep schedule is uh. It Isn't Good so my brain is empty pvjvohvy9y9v.

local procrastinator procrastinates, more at 5

two elements is supposed to be rarer, but i don't really mind!

i do think they and aion could have an interesting relationship - one on one, aion could be trying and failing to break the ice, he'd definitely be very nervous about it though, worried that he's done something wrong.

i just woke up my sleep schedule is uh. It Isn't Good so my brain is empty pvjvohvy9y9v.
No need to apologize, you can do things at whatever pace works for you ^^

And yeah, that was about what I would expect between them one on one; me assuming that their silence and emotionality would make Aion worry he was messing it up, but I'm sure in a group they would be okay and as things progress they would be able to connect more and work things out.

All of this if they are actually paired, anyway, and that's totally up to you. And as for element/s I do think, just because of what I like, I would want to do two elements, possibly three if Remedy counts since I like pairing healing with elements not normally associated with it. I would only plan for them to use one element predominantly, with the other being only occasionally brought up.

Though I did have a few questions regarding magic. Is it supposed to be limited to specific spells/attacks, or is it a power they can shape in whatever way they choose? Like, does being associated with Ignis mean that you can cast Fireball, or that you can manipulate fire allowing you to attack with a fireball?
Also, with the two odd categories, do they have independent spells/effects or are they tied to the other element/s of the individual. For example, if you have Ignis and Remedy, do you use fire in your healing, use fire but also have the ability to heal people separately from that, or both?

so sorry for the lateness - again. i haven't abandonded you all life has just been... very Bleh!

the main elements are shaped however the wielder chooses, but there are likely some simple standard spells that are taught as basics during training.
and yes, remedy and allure spells do involve the main element(s) that wielder has!

So it’s been a month, but I just read the interest check and this seems neat. Is this dead, or is there still hope to start this up in the near future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back