• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Supernatural Town RP?

Ari

Now accepting characters here:

Fantasy - Aldor Harbor

Fantasy - Aldor Harbor Characters

Hii c:! Anyone up for a roleplay based on the idea of humans and mythical creatures (somewhat unknowingly) co-existing in the same little town? Blending a few aspects of the mythical/supernatural world together to come up with the basis of a plot I'm working on, just wanted to see if there was any interest. The story would be pretty open-ended and character driven, and "advanced" in terms of a couple paragraphs per post. Let me know!

Plot
With the decline of Greco-Roman polytheism, the respect, and in some places even toleration, of its ideas became less and less present. While the Gods still existed in their realm of the universe, the power that they could extend over the humans of Earth never changed in its intensity, but in its obvious application. They had to be more careful about how they interacted with the mortal world, and while the immortals were capable of adapting, their mortal demi-children who inherited any supernatural powers posed more of a risk to disrupting the balance between the modern relationship between Gods and humans.

A handful of the Gods decided opted to carve out a town of his own on the coast of Maine a few centuries ago to address how the issue was affecting their less powerful, but still viably supernatural, offspring. Ivy Harbor, Maine is a small fishing town known for its lobster exports to the outside world... and not much else. Its residents know it as a little town with lots of heart, that has been governed by what has nearly become a dynasty in terms of local government and the demigods longstanding presence in it. Things have always run smoothly in the simple little place, so no one has minded, and given that none of the human residents know that they're demigods and they're "safe" there, it just works.

Facing persecution in their own niches in the world, an assortment of other supernatural beings have traveled to Ivy Harbor in the past few months, disrupting the typical demographics of the small seaside town, and presenting an array of problems.

Last edited:
Would we be limited to playing as supernatural beings that are Greco-Roman in origin?
Hey :)! No, I actually saw the variety of beings being pretty vast. The only “major” criteria would be that they’re human in appearance (at least some of the time), as it would be set in modern times. Any creature would likely be okay as long as they can pass as human in public :)

Thinking of making a wendigo character. If I do, would any werewolves like to talk about boundaries? I figure both would have hunting grounds. Maybe an agreement to cut conflict. Wendigo are abit more solitary than a pack of wolves, so i can see some conflict on the territory borders. Fleebags on my turf, ya know?

To confirm, basically just any supernatural/mystical/not-normal being that most of the time that looks human, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back