• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
vZdmxBU.jpg

Ashley-May woke in the large plush chair within the nursery of the small home, child lay resting in the crib: its cries had woken her. She frowned slightly, trying to remember where she was, momentary confusion, do doubt from long nights awake keeping the newborn quiet and content. She stretched then rose, shuffling to the crib to collect the baby boy in her arms, the willful child wailing colic; there didn't seem to be any way to settle him once he started, but it never bothered her.

"Shhh, child." She murmured quietly, turning to pace away a few steps then back again, knowing the movement often helped quiet him. "You'll wake up Eli." She knew Eli was home, how or why she wasn't sure, but she did her best to quiet the boy.

Safton Safton
St. Boethius St. Boethius

ad5iw.jpg

Elijah heard the child's wails quiet down slightly as he approached the nursery. Opening the door, he saw the reason why. Ashley-May had the baby boy cradled in her arms, her back turned to him as she paced in an attempt to calm him. Eli remained in the threshold, not wanting to disturb them. Leaning against the door frame, he crossed his arms and smiled broadly at the scene, his chest filling with warmth as he watched them contently.

Hypnos watched the scene unfold as an outsider. It was good that the connection between the dreams was stable, but now was the point where he needed to enter the scene and have a nice long chat with the both of them on their options. There would be a knock on the door and there Hypnos would be arbitrarily straightening his vest as he waited for one of them to get the door. Hopefully they wouldn't be too hostile. All things considered Hypnos didn't think there were that many reasons for them to hate him too much.
Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia

vZdmxBU.jpg

Ashley-May somehow managed to sooth the boy, he whimpered and settled in her arms, content to fall back asleep. She smiled holding his tiny hand within hers, hopelessly in love the the tiny creature and not even knowing his name. The thought bothered her, that she didn't know what to call him, but it soon passed. She sighed lightly as she turned back towards the crib spotting Eli out of the corner of her eye. She turned towards him, smiling sheepishly. "He's back to sleep." She whispered quietly.

Any thought of continuing their conversation, where ever it may have led, was gone. A knock at the front door of the small house caused her to frown slightly; had they been expecting anyone?

Safton Safton

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-17_23-17-32.jpeg
"He's back to sleep."

Elijah nodded, smiling. He stepped toward Ash, pausing when he heard a knock at the door. Giving Ashley-May a confused glance, he turned toward the door and stepped slowly toward it. He had no desire to arm himself or call out to the other side of the door. Vitae wasn't... hectic like it had been before. Things were peaceful now. Opening the door, he paused when he saw the figure on the other side.

"Hypnos," he said, blankly. Memories came flooding back to him, and along with them came context and understanding. The sensation sent his mind reeling as his knees buckled, causing him to lean against the nearby wall for support. An imaginary wall, he now knew, despite how solid it felt against his hand. He was dreaming.

Himiko emerged from the forest next to Jordan, glaring at him as she did. She didn't say a word though her eyes darted to Hypnos who seemed to be reaching out to touch Jordan and her stance immediately became hostile.

"Be at ease Himiko, this is Hypnos, he has decided to help us in our quest~" As the words left his mouth Himiko's stance went from hostile to cautious.

"Our mission to stop the First Sin?"

"Indeed, and it takes us to Japan," Jordan's excitement was almost audible.

"... Why Japan?" Himiko was getting a sinking feeling in her gut. Most of the Kitsune had spread out across the world and had become a very intricate network of spies and business people, if he had need of assistance all he had to do was make a phone call. For Jordan to choose to go back to Japan personally.... it was something that he needed to personally oversee. Realisation dawned on Himiko and she stared at Jordan in disbelief. "You can't mean-"

"Yes, this gentleman and another are going to help us free Inari's daughter so we might keep the First Sin sealed"

"You....I-She... Should we not first discuss this? Freeing Da Ji would be detrimental to our efforts if she goes after the letters. Which she WILL because they sealed her away!" Himiko didn't notice in time that Jordan was trying to get her to not say Da Ji's name but failed.

Hypnos glanced over to Himiko when she said the name Da Ji. A smile crept across his face. "Well well, so it's Da Ji we're going to save is it? I think I know the real reason she was sealed away now." Hypnos said retracting his hand. " Now how on earth do you expect me to be okay with freeing a nine-tailed fox who brought an entire empire to its knees just to sate her thirst for human suffering?" Hypnos asked Jordan. " Not to mention how would she be able to help? We might as well ask Nu Wa for help while we're over there."
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971

Hypnos watched as Elijah recoiled from his presence," Careful now, I now it's a bit jarring, but we need to talk. It's about the child. I know of a being who can help you." Hypnos whispered as he moved to help Elijah stand properly. "For now we need Ashley-May to come to the same realization you have. Call her in here."
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

Ashley-May contently cuddled and croon the willful baby boy within her arms; her mother had always warned her that she would live to regret the days she had been such a terrible child (not that that had been true in the least) because her own children would be just like her.

Elijah had left to answer the door but without his return she frowned slightly. With an annoyed sigh she stepped back to the crib and settled the baby within, gentle caressing his bald tiny head one last lingering time before heading for the door. She closed it softly behind her and turned to see what kept Eli distracted.

As she approached the door she could see another man standing with Eli someone she recognized but wasn't sure how. As she drew closer the reality of who he was and where they were became evident. Cold darkness crept within her as she came to understand exactly what had just transpired.

"Why?" She hissed pointing back at the fake nursery and image of a child her heart ached to love but her mind sought to defy. "Why would you do this to me? What have I ever done to be tortured by gods? Isn't it enough I'm alone? That
he left me? My own God doesn't answer my prayers and now you show me, make me love, child I will never see! What was the point, Hypnos!"
Safton Safton St. Boethius St. Boethius

Hypnos sighed and looked towards Ashley-May. " Because I intend to have you see that child. This dream is a prophetic dream. It's but one of the many futures open to you." Hypnos said as he gestured towards the couch and chairs in the living area. " I didn't show you this to torture you, but to give you hope." He really wanted to help and he hoped that the both of them would realize that. If he wanted to torture them then there would be no point in appearing before them. " If you listen then there is a way you can have a normal, healthy child."

Elijah's heart ached at Ashley-May's outburst, not because of her anger towards the god, but because of the motive behind it. He could sense the helplessness in her voice, see the despondency behind her eyes. The certainty with which she talked about never being able to see her own child gave him pause, locking his feet in place as he continued to lean against the wall shakily.

Hearing Hypnos's declaration of this as a possible future, he felt a spark of hope. With any luck, Ashley-May felt the same. "You're talking about the Grace removal," Elijah said: a statement, not a question. "Thor already hit us with that news, but by the sounds of it the procedure is more complicated than we know."

Ashley-May glowered at Hypnos as he suggested this dream was prophetic, that he wanted to give her hope for a future. She tired of everyone's involvement in her life suddenly; she just wanted to be left in peace. Elijah was speaking up about Thor and his news earlier.

As Hypnos gestured she moved to the living area, taking a seat on a couch that did and didn't exist. It was hard to conceive, difficult to understand so she pushed the thoughts away, trying to focus. "Thor said he didn't know how to do it," She corrected Eli. " And that he was going to look for the answers."

Hypnos took a seat in a recliner that was in the living room and leaned forward in thought his hands pressed against his mouth. He had to present this in a way that would get his point his across without sounding too... distant. " It's a complicated method depending on who you go to. Thor is a god of thunder and doesn't have any power over souls like say Hel would. My Lord Hades will be coming to this Colony to give his thanks to the Colony for helping retrieve his wife from the clutches of Minotaur. As thanks he will grant the Colony a single wish.... from great riches," as Hypnos began down the list the scenery outside changed. First a massive pillar of valuable gems and metals appeared in the middle of the Colony. " to help Militarily..." The scene shifted once more to hundreds of undead soldiers ranging from multiple eras walking around within the Colony. " Even taking the grace from a soul." Hypnos said gesturing to the child.
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Last edited:
Elijah frowned at Ashley-May's correction, even though she was entirely right. His eyebrows raised as Hypnos explained the boon Hades was willing to grant the Colony. Normally he might be hesitant to accept aid from a god of the underworld, but with Ash's life on the line it never so much as crossed his mind.

"You're sure that's within his power to grant?" Elijah asked hopefully. "The Grace, where would it go afterward? By the sounds of it, everyone seems to be interested in getting their hands on it."

Last edited:
"That's funny coming from a Gr-" Himiko started with a look of anger on her face before Jordan interjected.

"Yes I can understand your trepidation, she has been quite the bad girl. However, the time she spent in Japan did make her....well tame is not the word, I would say kinder? And honestly, are you REALLY going to try to blame the fall of a whole empire on one fox because that is....fair." Jordan waived his hand dismissively, "As for WHY we're freeing her, you said you wanted someone good at seals, Da Ji did nothing but study how to seal things away in Japan after the fall of the Shang Dynasty. I did say she might be a bit difficult~"

"I also highly doubt Jordan wants to meet Nu Wa again." Himiko said and turned her head to avoid Jordan's glare.

Hypnos nodded, " A good question, Hades has power over human souls and since Grace is not normally a part of a soul it is certainly within his power to remove. Once removed I'm sure Hades would do what is necessary to keep the First Sin at bay. Whether that be returning it to heaven to giving it to a fellow god... there is another option as well you could ask of Lord Hades. You could ask him to seal the Gate of Heaven. That way you would never again have to worry about the heavenly host, but if you chose this path and die for your child it will likely end with it becoming a weapon against the First Sin.... that's all my Lord could offer you. Here is your last option Ashley-May... It's an offer I made to Mackenzie and one I now offer you." Hypnos's Horn appeared in his hand, filled to the brim with a liquid. " Drink from my Horn when you awaken and fall into an endless slumber. You will never wake, but your body will become immortal and your child will now of his mother in his dreams. This I swear to you on River Styx."
Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia
Hypnos sighed and thought for a moment, " Then let it not be on my head when she goes rouge. I expect you to take care of your own." The deity said in resignation. He needed as many factors stacked against the First Sin as possible. The longer it could be delayed the more likely it was that creation just might survive this. " Lead the way." Hypnos said extending his arm to the two foxes once more.

Jordan turned his head from Himiko who was trying to suppress a smile at the fact that the God had clearly missed what she had insinuated. "Indeed," Jordan said to Hypnos, "Let us away to Kyoto. The sooner we free her the sooner we can get her to help us."

"Perhaps Nu Wa might be in Japan~"

"That makes no sense and hush Himiko." Jordan said as they reached out to take Hypnos's arms

Ashley-May continued to frown at the Greek god as he laid out options like they were the simplest of things to choose between. Stunned and rather bothered how quickly two gods had now approached and requested she give over the child's Grace, she became more and more concerned about the child's future. Finally she glared at Hypnos as he offered his final suggestion: eternal suicide.

"I do not want
anything from God or any others." She declared. "As well, why on earth would the colony give over its one wish for me? Greater good, Hypnos, I wouldn't let them any how. There are plenty of other people here who could use the wish over me. People in far dire straights." She paused as she considered the second question, locking away Heavens Gates would buy her time, still left her with the issue of the Grace killing her regardless. She glanced to Eli then, briefly, before focusing on Hypnos once more. "I'll consider it. Letting Hades take the Grace, but I'm not sold yet. I need.... I need to think about things first."

She regretted not asking Thor why he wanted the Grace, of what he would do with it.

Elijah's mind reeled at the options Hypnos laid out in his typical calm, collected manner... each one seemingly more repulsive than the last in its own way. His mind couldn't even consider the second two: either one meant losing Ashley-May forever. His fist tightened reflexively at Ash's initial refusal of the idea of using the Colony's boon for herself; it was all he could do to avoid speaking up and arguing the point with her. As angry as the dismissal made him, he wasn't at all surprised that she was willing to put the wellbeing of others before herself... it was one of the things that had drawn him to her in the first place.

Elijah found himself wondering why he was here, pulled into Ash's dream or vice versa -- it was impossible to tell with Hypnos -- to discuss the fate of Ashley-May's child. He didn't regret it for second, but in the end he understood that it wasn't his child and not his choice to make. Why had Hypnos seen fit to include him, rather than Mackenzie -- Ash's best friend and his Oracle?

Still, he remained silent, not sure if he wanted to hear the answer Hypnos would be liable to speak out in front of Ashley-May. Sighing, he glanced at the imaginary flooring beneath his feet. "It seems you have your answer, Hypnos," Elijah said quietly as he crossed his arms, unable to meet the gaze of either of them.

Hypnos nodded and a friendly smile appeared on his face, " It would seem I do. I would argue for using Lord Hades's generosity to help yourself. Honestly, could you imagine what Brendan and the council would wish for.... nonetheless the choice is ultimately yours Ashley-May. Now... take a deep breath... and push." The last part of Hypnos sentence seemed to come from an entirely different person as the area changed from the home to the Clinic with the Head Nurse giving reassurances and Ashley-May very clearly going through labor. With this Hypnos would leave the Dream and leave those two alone to let the Dream play out.
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Hypnos sighed and waited for the two Foxes to stop talking about past loves and take his arm. Frankly it didn't interest him one bit if Jordan had been involved with Nu Wa or not. He was still justifying freeing Da Ji to himself. Nonetheless once both Kitsune had grabbed his arm they would find themselves within Tokyo. " Where to from here?" Hypnos asked.

vZdmxBU.jpg

Ashley-May frowned in confusion as Hypnos instructed her to push. She couldn’t begin to understand what he wanted from her, but slowly and surely reality started to slip away back into the dream she had been within previously. Returned to the warm and comforting feelings of being home with her new born boy; she smiled contently as she settled in the Master Bedrooms large plush bed, bundle of joy cuddled quietly at her side. She laughed seeing Elijah beside himself, torn between staying in the room to make sure she didn’t need anything, and going to the kitchen to warm a bottle for the child.

It didn’t matter what she said to him, he insisted she remained in bed, tucked away safely with the boy, Liam. He had been an asset to her over the past few months; while Mac and Will were dead set on hunting for the Colony, Eli had been steadfast at her side during the final stages of her shortened pregnancy, just like she had been with him during the length of his recovery.

Elijah had finally made a decision; she shook her head as he dashed to the kitchen to collect the needed bottle, wipes and blankets before charging back into the bedroom in record time. She could see the exhaustion and worry starting to wear him down and, eventually, convinced him to join her in bed to sleep peacefully; their happy little family.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May woke with a start, the Clinic’s front door jingle rousing her from her pleasant dream. She sat forward, blurry-eyed as she attempted to clear her thoughts. The night –the dream, had been both comforting and off putting; it confused her to no end, both what to do with Hypnos/Hades offer and what to do with what she gleamed with Eli during their shared dream.

She looked over the man still sleeping in his hospital bed, heart ached uncertain if he felt what she had felt within the dream, or if it was only that: a dream and nothing more to be considered. She decided then she didn’t want to disappoint herself with the truth. Rising quietly from the chair, she replaced the book to the stack he had offered her before sneaking from the room.

Nurse Ruth (aka Ratchet) eyed Ash as she approached, but after giving the call clear from the night before the older, rather crotchety woman accepted Ash’s offer to coffee. She headed out of the Clinic in the colonies early light, heading back to where she had been the night before with Eli: the REC center. She knew the Lunch Ladies would be in soon enough to start breakfast, and often after jogging Ash would sneak in to start coffee for them. Today was no different, save for the lack of jogging. She rounded the back of the building and spotted Joe’s car.

A small smile crossed her lips as she recalled her conversation with the man fondly and then, after learning about Chase and his new ties with the pack, well if she knew anyone who deserved some cheering up, it would have to be Joe. She stepped through the threshold into the dark storeroom, “Joe?” She called out, but as she stepped forward she immediately slipped on something slick on the floor. She fell and landed hard on the ground on something stiff. With a groan of pain she pulled her phone from her pocket and activated the flashlight feature to see what she had tripped on.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie groaned in protest as she could hear Ashley-May’s recorded voice calling her name. "Mackenzie pick up your damned phone: finger on the green button, slide it upwards." It repeated over and over again until the diminutive hunter couldn’t stand it any longer. She crawled across the bed, away from Will and his warmth to the pile of disheveled clothing. Digging through she found her jacket and within it her phone.

Following the instructions the phone Ash provided she swiped the answer button and brought the phone to her ear. She didn’t even get to say hello before she heard Ash on the other side sobbing and screaming. “Ash! Ash where are you?” Mac was starting to dress, holding the phone between her shoulder and ear. “It’s okay Ash, its fine. Stay there. No, no don’t touch him. I’m coming. You’re okay.” Mac tossed the phone on the bed as she reached for her shirt and dragged it over her head. Ash could still be heard over the speaker crying and talking even without Mac responding.

She looked to Will, still in bed. “We need to go, now! Joe’s been killed. Ash found him.” It was everything in her power to keep her voice calm, stop herself from panicking.
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

Last edited:
Ginny opens her eyes, sighing softly. She'd been hoping for another visit from that God from before. She wants to know more about what's going on, and he's the only person she really trusts, sad as that is. The others seem nice, but that's when they think she's human. She doesn't know what would happen if they found out the truth.

She swings her legs out of bed, and gets up, checking her gloves as usual, and heads out in search of breakfast. She pauses as she passes the storehouse on the way there, hearing a very frightened voice somewhere inside. That's not good.

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-18_18-55-50.jpeg
William stirred, still half-asleep as he felt movement and distant voices, difficult to distinguish from those of the dream he still found himself in. His arm reached out instinctively for Mackenzie where she had lain during the night, but found an empty bed. Coming to his senses, his head snapped up as he heard the unmistakable sound of Ashley-May on the other side of a phone -- Mac's phone -- sobbing despondently. Hearing Mac's frenzied explanation was like a razor that cut through the fatigue -- physical and mental. He had thrown the blankets from his body, hurriedly dressing and reattaching the prosthesis in seconds. He kept the panic, the guilt, and the regret at bay in his head: there would be time for those later. Will grabbed a pistol from his bag, briefly checking the magazine before tucking it into the back of his pants and rushing out of the bedroom behind Mackenzie.

"Adelaide!" he shouted as he entered the foyer, struggling to keep his voice steady. Just as he was about to shout a second time, the psychic stepped out of her room with a look of confusion marking her features.

upload_2017-7-18_19-8-12.jpeg
Adelaide was about to ask an explanation, but a quick glance at Will's face and a brief glance at his surface thoughts forced all of that aside. She dashed from her room, duffel slung over her shoulder, still wearing the sweatpants and tank top she had slept in. Will didn't spare her a second glance before rushing outside, following Mac's lead.

dx0HE3H.jpg
GxQZJgl.jpg

Mackenzie was sparing no time waiting for either other person the same house as she to catch up; Ash was in distress, there was potential for who or what ever had killed Joe to still be around, she wasn't going to let anything happen to her. Phone back in hand, Mac was striding from the house headed for the Beast. "Yes, Ash, I'm coming, don't move." She could hear her partners fear and worry. The girl had enough to deal with, of all people, why did this have to happen to her? At the car as was pulling open the drivers side door, tossing the phone on the bench she slipped inside and turned the engine on.

Ashley-May pushed herself up from where she had fallen, after discovering Joe on the ground her fist instinct had been to see if she could help him. There was blood ever where; evident what ever had happened, had happened hours ago. She backed away from the body and called Mac, not knowing what else to do. She sat on the store room floor, knees held to her chest sobbing into the phone, praying that Mac would be there soon.
Safton Safton

Ginny gets there first, having heard Ash cry out, and stops short when she sees the scene in front of her, and the all too familiar scent of blood hits her nose like a truck. She's lucky she just recently fed, or she'd be going nuts. Her silver blue eyes scan the room, making sure that there's no one else in this room.

Then she looks to the woman on the ground, and feels pain in her chest at her very obvious pain. What do I do? I don't know this one…
She keeps her distance, still trying to figure out what happened, and not knowing how to comfort Ashley May in the slightest.

NanLia NanLia

upload_2017-7-18_20-4-8.jpeg upload_2017-7-18_20-4-14.jpeg
William wasn't remotely surprised to see Mackenzie on the verge of leaving Adelaide and him behind. The two of them sprinted to the passenger side of the Beast, Will throwing open the door as Adelaide practically threw herself over the bench seat and into the back of the sedan. Will climbed in alongside Mac, heart hammering in his chest in sync with the Mainline's rumbling engine as his adrenaline flared.

"Where?" he asked, his voice hushed as he turned towards Mackenzie, hoping to have some idea of what they would be walking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back