• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
upload_2017-5-16_17-18-8-jpeg.311910

William didn't like the news of yet another mission from a god, but he had no time to ponder the implications before Brendan broached the next subject. Will took a seat when the elder gestured to it. He watched Brendan silently as he spoke. His expression remained impassive, though inside he felt anything but. Mackenzie was being forced to come clean about being Hypnos' Oracle or face an unceremonious exile. Both options were problematic. The walls of Vitae provided safety from Mac's family outside... but her life inside them would never be the same once her condition was common knowledge. Regardless, it wasn't his decision to make. Will knew he'd have to talk it over with Mac later... wherever it led.

"Moving on to Franklin, I can't imagine he has decided to assist out of the goodness of his heart. At this rate I am shocked he's not helping the pack like he had with Borseti. What did happened after I stepped out?"

William frowned. What did Franklin have to do with Borseti? Something else for him to follow up on.

"We -- I -- turned him down," Will explained. "I thought that would be the end of it, but... he changed his mind. Dropped his conditions -- most of them -- and promised us his help and that of the Den."

William took a deep breath. Now to rip off the Band-Aid.

"He's... sending a contingent of his vampires to bolster our ranks. They'll need housing. That, plus he's addressed a mystery delivery that we're to accept in three days' time." Will quickly added, "For the record, I don't like it any more than you do... but we don't have many options."

upload_2017-5-21_3-45-56.jpeg
Elijah's eyes widened at Ashley's offer of food. "If you bring me more delicious treats, I may just end up having to name my firstborn after you," he said, only realizing how tasteless the remark might seem under the current circumstances after it slipped from his mouth.

He quickly moved on. "Will's idea? Please. I can hardly see him making the first move, much less making it public. Unless Mac has been quite the corrupting influence on him," Elijah joked. He paused, eyebrows furrowing. "Wait. You said you were leaving early in the morning. Where to?"

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan listened, in silence, entirely passive as William explained that he'd denied Franklin and the vampire still chose to send assistance, and a delivery? Eyes flicked from William to Mackenzie and back again as he spoke. "I don't like this, as much as I understand the need for the help, it will be very hard to convince the Council and citizens this is for the better." He paused, attempting to word what he said next carefully, he knew Mackenzie's history, and how she became a nest member. "Do you think his offer is genuine? Should we expect the reinforcements? Or do we at all think he will not help, or have another motive for sending assistance?" These were questions that had to be ask, more so of an entity that previously did not care of the fate of the colony. "Personally speaking; if the situation were reversed I would make the promise then time of extract whomever I wanted from within the walls and let the rest fall."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May wrinkled her nose at Elijah's poor taste in jokes, but she let it pass, after all she knew he meant no harm by it. She mused at the thought of who would have made the other bold enough to get themselves into that position when he inquired about where she was going. "Mission." She smirked, giving a half-assed salute. "Extraction. There is a hunter in New Jersey that needs to be brought home. Brendan is sending four of us, one car to drive there and back non-stop." She gave a little shrug. "I'm the only medic-trained hunter left now that Will's part of the Council, so it makes sense that I would go."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie gave an annoyed growl, "Of course you would." she muttered as she pushed herself up to sit, no longer leaning against the tabletop. "If he said he'll send us help, he will. Franklin doesn't lie; or he has never lied to me. " She paused seeing Brendan incredulous look. "Even when I was killing -slaughtering his nest and the other supernatural in his city, he still didn't lie to me. He told me he would let me live, he promised me no matter how many I destroyed I would live and one day come to terms and accept them. He could have turned me over to the pack, it would have been far less trouble for him then since after that point they spent the next decade attempting to get into the city, to get to me. He said he will send help, he will. The delivery is probably supplies that they will need." It made sounds sense to her, thought she wondered how much of that was influenced by Franklin breaking her will.

Safton Safton

William said nothing initially, watching the exchange between Brendan and Mackenzie. For his part, he had no idea how to answer the Councilman's question. It was valid enough; Vitae had been burned on their last deal, after all. Still, Mackenzie believed the offer was genuine and that would have to be good enough for both of them.

"Mackenzie knows Franklin better than anyone else in the Colony," Will stated evenly. "And she has more reasons to distrust him than most. If she believes that the offer's genuine, then we'll do what we can to facilitate." He held up a placating hand to Brendan in an effort to stall any protest. "Not that I'm saying we should let our guard down while he and his vampires are here, mind you. I know I won't. We'll take every precaution we can, starting with that delivery when it arrives."

upload_2017-5-21_13-29-7.jpeg
Elijah nodded slowly. He knew Ashley-May was capable, but he still didn't care for the idea of her going on a Hunt without him, Will, or Mackenzie to watch her back. "Preaching to the choir, I know, but be careful. I'd hate to lose my partner-in-crime," he said with a genuine smile. However, when he spoke again, the lightness was back. "I can go with you if you like. I won't be much good in a fight of course... or anything else for that matter. But I've been told that I'm great company on road trips... just not by William."

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan nodded slowly, though he didn't appreciate the sass from Mackenzie, he was growing used to the white noise that often came with her, at time, sound logic. He watched Will and agreed with the man, he was content to hear that he wouldn't let the vampire and his nest have free roam, but would accept the aide. "Less of two evils, I suppose." He thought for a time but he far too tired to come up with anything else to tell the two missing members of the council. He rose from the chair and gave a shrug. "I will back you on this Hendrix, we brought you on to get us through this and future threats, and we will have to trust you one day." He smirked, "I'll see you both in the morning."

He was soon leaving the tent and the two in whatever peace they might find the rest of tonight.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May rolled her eyes, and laughed. "Yea, like Sandy or Julia, for that matter, would let you leave this clinic any sooner than you should be. As it stands Mac wasn't even supposed to leave when she did but it's not like anyone can stop her. And yes, I will be careful, always am." She was rising then, putting the chair back against the wall and out of the way. "We both need to get some sleep tonight, and I still need to get to the barracks to grab my stuff." She picked up the empty plate from the table beside his bed.

"Funniest part of all this, Will asked me back, wants me to room with Mac again. I'm pretty sure he's afraid she's going to crawl into bed with him." She gave a short laugh before stepping towards the doorway. "Good night Eli, see you in the morning."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was not at all surprised that Brendan spoke directly to Will and didn't acknowledge her in the least, it was a common, on going thing, and personally she was alright with it. It meant she didn't have to even continue a conversation with the man, she waited in silence after he left. Several long minutes, just to be certain he was far out of earshot before she cleared her throat. "Thank you." She said quietly, once more looking at the table top. "For understanding." She knew there was more she needed to tell him, but fear of turning the conversation into something personal from task at hand she was continuing on.

"The wolf." She started slowly, "It's Chase." She wasn't certain if William would follow her train of thought, after all he was the one that supplied her with Chase's scouting information; how else would the man have known it was more than one pack? He would have had to question the wolves, and why would they have answered? But she had another example of how she knew. "Yesterday, when Alaric brought us all back." She didn't need to remind him of the events that transpired after that between the three of them. "Ashley said that the angel accidentally brought a wolf back from New York. Thomas shot it." She glanced to Will to see if he was following. "The angel didn't make a mistake, he brought back a hunter that is a wolf, and Thomas shot him; which is why Chase is limping now." She would never had connected it if Franklin hadn't had her thinking he was anything but human.

Safton Safton

William was glad to see that Brendan tentatively agreed with their plan. It was more than he expected from the Councilman, honestly. He was nearly taken aback by the older man's almost lighthearted announcement of support and trust. Hendrix smiled, giving him a friendly nod as he departed the tent. Will turned back to Mackenzie, sitting down in a chair alongside her at the table. He didn't say anything at first, waiting for her to break the silence when she was ready. "Thank you. For understanding," she said.

Not sure how to respond, Will simply settled for a nod. She didn't need to thank him for trusting her, for not judging her for parts of her past she had no control over anymore.

"The wolf. It's Chase."

William frowned, not sure if he'd heard her correctly. He opened his mouth to reply, but none came. He instead listened as Mackenzie explained her reasoning. Slowly, his mouth shut, jaw clenched. Everything she said made sense. Taken alone, they were circumstantial at best, easily explained away. But together, looking at the whole picture, that was a very different matter. It wasn't damning, but it was enough to cast Chase in a very suspicious light. Will felt a pang of guilt in his chest. He had trusted Chase, been impressed by his initiative even. To think that he was an infiltrator for the Pack...

"We confirm it first, before we do anything we can't take back," he said steadily, telling himself as much as he was Mac. "If he is an infiltrator, then we can't trust Joe, either. We need to move quick but quietly. The last thing we want to do is spook either of them."

upload_2017-5-21_23-36-19.jpeg
"Funniest part of all this, Will asked me back, wants me to room with Mac again. I'm pretty sure he's afraid she's going to crawl into bed with him."

Elijah chuckled. "The poor man's terrified. You'd be doing him a favor." As Ashley bade him farewell, Davenport nodded. "I'll see you when you get back," he said with a smile.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May smirked at Eli's farewell before ducking out and closing the door behind her. She made her way quietly through the Clinic towards the front entrance outside, feeling far better than she had when she first arrived. She was still scared of the future, terrified of what it might bring, but haven been able to confide in someone had taken a weight off of her shoulders. She knew Mac would support her, no matter what, even if her partner would likely lose her mind when she heard the news, and Ashley started to pity Alaric if the angel ever showed his face again he'd have a cluster of protective hunters to deal with.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie nodded, she hadn't considered Joe and was more than annoyed she had missed it. Obviously if Chase was a wolf his father was too, and if not he was guilty of knowing his son was one. She agreed they needed to do this quickly, but she was uncertain how. "Can you get them both here? Text them or something?" She wasn't sure where either of them would be if they weren't inside the barracks, and running around Vitae searching for two potential wolves was neither quick or quiet.

"Maybe suggest the Council has a request of them? We need to figure out how they got in, too. Who let them pass the test's? If that guard let one in, he'll let others too." This was, of course, if Chase had been a wolf when he arrived, there was always a chance he had arrived human and then was turned after the fact.

Safton Safton

Sibéal Maclachlan she smirked at the male as he mentioned the 'wisdom' in her eyes. She did so because she saw it more of a flirtatious remark, "Well, I'll let you know this now if you're wanting to get to know me better... I'm not into men, and even though you are part wolf, you still classify as a male." she chuckled softly "But no, you are fine... I trust you will not waste your life by attacking me."
As she said that, her tone went dead cold. So much that most people who would have heard such a tone would get a chill going down their spine.

~{ Crono Crono }~

William rubbed his forehead, bringing his cellphone out and laying it on the table. Texting Chase and bringing him to a meeting -- one that they controlled -- was the only way to get to the bottom of this. He had to wonder what Alaric's role was; if he had brought Chase back in Wolf form, then he'd known his real identity all along.

Then there was the matter of the guard who allowed Chase and Joe in in the first place. His first thought was to ask Bart if any of his guys had been acting strangely lately, but for all he knew the captain was involved himself, as much as Will hated to consider it.

Will' eyes flicked to Mac. "Are you armed?" he asked flatly.

Last edited:
large.jpg

Chase snorted with amusement at the sudden topic change, "Well, considering I'm not into women you have nothing to worry about in that department." The girls next comment was a warning, a tone that was so different it was nearly jarring. The man's brow furrowed slightly as a reaction, "Don't give me a reason to come after you, and I won't."

Chase uncrossed his arms and waved her ahead of them, "That's all I wanted to check on, I won't hold you up. You can skedaddle to go do your witchy things."
SynKast SynKast

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie eye'd Will flatly at the question of whether or not she was prepared, she nodded hand slipping within the top of her boot to check that her silver blade was clear and free. Always good to double check; she rarely used her pistol, that was more Ashley-May's insistence she carried one, but hunting in the north was typically done by hand. Both of them seated at the same side of the table wouldn't benefit them in the least, and so once she knew her blade would be easy to grab she stood from her seat and moved around the table, to take a seat closest to the exit.

It would make Chase have to move further into the tent and allow her to block his exit should he try and run. "Let's get this done."

Safton Safton

William nodded approvingly as Mackenzie silent affirmed that she was prepared, moving to a more advantageous position inside the tent. He reached down to draw the snubnose revolver from its concealed holster on his belt, keeping it pointed toward the ground as he swung the cylinder out. After ensuring each chamber was loaded with a bullet whose nose was plated in silver, he snapped the cylinder shut and returned the handgun to its holster. He smoothed his shirt over the small bulge, effectively hiding it from view.

Will took a deep breath, picking the cell phone up from the tabletop and tapping out a message to Chase: Council wants to see you and Joe in the command tent ASAP for a mission. Fill you in on the details when you get here.

Sending the message, William sighed and set the phone down. It was only a matter of time now.

large.jpg

Feeling the buzz from his pocket Chase reached in and fished out his phone, seeing a text from Will he half expected it to be something about Elijah. Council wants to see you and Joe in the command tent ASAP for a mission. Fill you in on the details when you get here. Chase huffed, he shouldn't have expected it to take this long before they started drawing on the new hunters to send out at their leisure. He'd just admittedly hoped to skip by that part. "Seems I am needed elsewhere anyway. Stay out of trouble Red." He told her whilst turning to leave the way he came, giving a nickname since he still didn't have hers.

It wasn't a terribly far walk to reach the command tent, only taking roughly ten minutes to arrive. Before he'd arrived he could smell the decay of a vampire. It wasn't Alex, this one was far more dead inside from extended life as a blood sucker. Ashley had warned him that Mac's former nest leader was supposed to be showing up, so Chase assumed it was that. Though whether said Vampire was still around was hard to tell, and the Werewolf didn't slow as he entered the command tent.

Chase spotted both Mackenzie and William seated and waiting in the rather empty location, no council, no vampire, and no Joe. He'd likely beaten the older man here, and the lack of council was no skin off his back. Chase would rather deal with people he knew and other hunters than the political kind anyhow. "What sort of mission is the council sending us on?" He asked curiously, moving to stand behind the chair that was about halfway between the other two who had sat rather far apart. They smelled anxious he'd noted, but chalked it up to whatever this mission was going to cover and assuming they might be tagging along.
SynKast SynKast NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was a little surprised at how quickly Chase made it into the command tent, clearly the man had not been far off when he received the text; she wasn't sure if Will had contacted both Joe or Chase, but one wolf was better than none in her books. She gave a quick smile and nodded towards the chair he was standing behind. "Take a seat, this might take us a while." She attempted to remain casual, sitting back in her chair and crossing one leg over the other, bringing the knife hidden within her tall boot within reach.

"Brendan was being his typical self at our meeting a little while ago, he's got a couple missions on the go, but I think we got the easier of the two." She glanced to Will. "Any ETA on Joe?"

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

William nodded to Chase as he entered, admittedly sooner than expected. He forced himself to keep an impassive face, his heart rate and breathing steady. The telltale signs of an adrenaline dump would be largely undetectable to a human observer, but he knew they'd be as obvious as a signal flag to a werewolf, even one in human form.

"I was hoping Joe might be with you. I don't have his number. Mind getting in touch with him?" Will remarked sheepishly. "Oh, and word of warning: Brendan's in rare form today. After the debriefing about New York and our meeting just now..." William's voice trailed off as he shook his head, shrugging.

large.jpg

Chase huffed, pulling out his phone and slipping into the chair simultaneously. "Next time mention that I should be the one telling him maybe?" Chase texted his father quickly before setting it on the table in front of him. "He mentioned something about the wall when I spoke to him earlier so he might be on the other side of the colony. I can always relay what he misses if you two want to start now."

When Will mentioned New York Chase grimaced, "That reminds me, I meant to ask you. Am I going to be getting any heat for that. I mean I was there but technically I wasn't supposed to be, and I'd rather not have Brendan breathing down my neck. And I'm guessing you two already got earful's, even though New York was really out of our control to begin with."

One thing confused Chase for sure, if they'd just had a meeting with Brendan then why did he leave before this briefing. And why in the hell were they sitting so far apart, after being nearly inseparable recently? These were such minor things but they caused Chase to shift uncomfortably in his seat.

2014JackColeman_Getty146226664170614.jpg

Joe had finished his shower and headed towards the south wall as planned, though he'd only just arrived when his phone went off warning of a text. It was from Chase, Council wants to send us out, meet at the Command Tent. Joe swung wide on one foot to turn straight around and head back towards the inner colony area. Whilst doing so he returned a text to his son, On my way. Why didn't they request me themselves? My personal number is registered with them.
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

dx0HE3H.jpg

"No heat." Mackenzie reassured Chase raising her hands defensively. "Your name wasn't brought up at all, actually, when we were discussing New York." Yet another of Mac's half truths, it certainly came naturally for her, at least for something as simple as this. "And as for getting all the ducks in a row, that's on Will. I don't have a cell phone, remember?" Just earlier that day Chase and herself were searching for the Councilmen, when the same topic came up.

"Speaking of New York, Ash mentioned you took a hit. Said you were limping earlier from some debris. Did you get it sorted out? We go out on this recon mission will you be able to keep up?" She didn't want to get too far into details for a mission that simply didn't exist, but she wanted to know how much the wolf had healed. She knew once the bullet was extracted he would have started healing immediately, natural, as it were, but she wanted to know, hoped, that he still wasn't back to full health. It'll be a lot easier to deal with him fighting back if he was even just slightly injured.

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

William nodded in agreement with Mackenzie after she informed Chase that he wouldn't be catching any flak over New York, followed by the remark about her lacking a cellphone. "You hear this? My aide doesn't even live in the 21st century," he joked.

The mention of Chase's leg -- unwittingly one of the things that had set them in their sights to begin with -- caused Will to lean over in his chair to look clinically toward the appendage in question. "Tell me you did like I said and let Ash take a look at it at least," he said with a frown. "You keep ignoring doctors' orders and Brendan giving you an earful will be the least of your problems," he remarked lightly.

It wasn't easy to cover deceit with banter... but it served a purpose. It kept Chase thinking, maybe even lulled him into a false sense of security if they were lucky.

Chase Keaton / Joe Keaton
large.jpg
"It wasn't that bad." Chase tried to reassure non-nonchalantly. "I'm one hundred percent, it was only some bruising. Nothing a little rest and relaxation couldn't fix, trust me ." He had to downplay it, they were asking questions about the injury. "What about you two? Last I checked you guys didn't come out of that mission so great either." Deflecting, moving on.

Joe stepped out of the Toyota and shut the door, casting a glance around the tented area before slipping into the command tent. Chase cast the older man a confused glance, "That was quick." Joe had been walking rather briskly into the tent but his pace faltered and slowed as he took in the sight of the inner tent. "I drove. I've had more than my fair share exercise walking around this place since we got here." Joe sort of sidled off so that he was still the closest to the exit, but on the opposite side of the tent from Chase.

"This it?" He asked questioningly, "You made it sound like the council would be here, not just a single member. Though I'm sure Mr. Hendrix here is more than capable to give a brief. I was under the impression this meeting would have more attendees is all."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie gave Joe a quick nod as he joined them at the table, he wasn't really a concern for her; they weren't certain he was a wolf at all, but at the very least he knew about his son. She took a final glance towards will before speaking, carefully; calculating. "This mission is more secretive, for good reasons." She started, hand slipped into her boot and she slowly removed the silver blade out on the table between herself and Chase, hilt facing the man. "I want you both to remain calm and collected while I talk; please don't move suddenly or reach for any weapons. I have no intention of hurting either of you, but we have some things to talk about."

She knew well enough that Will still had his gun, assuming it was loaded with silver bullet, she was confident enough in her safety. Dark eyes trained on Chase she continued. "We're aware of your condition." Despite them calling out Chase on what he was, she was remaining cautious; if someone were to eavesdrop on their conversation she didn't need a wolf mob rioting in the streets, now or ever. She inhaled deeply before speaking again. "We have obvious concerns with what we now know. Neither of you have done anything but prove your loyal to to Vitae and the other hunters here time and time again: Chase, you came to New York with us when you didn't need to. Joe you helped us get Eli to the Clinic in time, donated blood to the cause."

She bit her lip glancing to Will, he likely wasn't going to like where she was going with this; she hadn't alerted him to her plans. "Being among those here with rather dubious backgrounds; I can't pass judgement on you. Old Mac would have asked how many you've turned and how many human hearts you've eaten." She raised a hand, not wanting Chase to become offended. "But, I'm sure, I'm responsible for far more innocent's lives than you are. So, here's where this goes forward for all of us: we keep your personal lives to ourselves and all we ask in return is for you to scout out the pack for us."

She watched Chase carefully then, "Will told me you've already done this once, and brought us information I think we could use night of, how likely would it be that you'd be able to infiltrate the pack and find out more? Numbers of pure and turned? Locations? Hell even if they give you a general idea of how they plan to come at us, anything will help."

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

As soon as William saw Mac reach for the blade, his right hand -- hidden from view under the table -- had drawn the revolver. It was now pointed in the direction of Chase; it wouldn't allow for the most accurate of shooting, but at this range it hardly mattered.

Will was content to let Mackenzie do the talking as she explained the situation. She wasn't being particularly accusatory, which he could understand. At the end of the day, Chase and Joe had done a lot for them. He was not, however, expecting the turn the conversation took. He was nearly dumbfounded as Mackenzie not only seemed to brush the deception under the rug, but offered Chase a job. This hadn't been what they discussed -- not that there had been much of a pre-planning session to begin with. William still wasn't convinced that Chase wasn't an infiltrator for the Pack, sent to gather information and earn their confidence. His gut said otherwise, but these days it hardly paid to take undue risks.

William had to fight hard not to let the surprise show on his face. They couldn't afford to show a broken front here. He was disappointed that Mac had dropped this on him like she had, but they'd talk about this later.

"Hell even if they give you a general idea of how they plan to come at us, anything will help."

Reluctantly, Will nodded. "Any information you bring us will help Vitae's chances in the long run. You've already done plenty for us and we may have no right to ask any more of you, but 'this'," he said, nodding toward Chase, "...it changes things. If the worst does come to pass and your secret gets out through the Colony, it would make your loyalties clear."

Hendrix felt a pang of guilt as he spoke. Despite his rather complicated view on all things Chase right now, he hated the idea of even threatening to throw he and his father under the boss... or blackmailing the young man into engaging in a mission that was well beyond dangerous. It was all textbook -- he'd seen the Intelligence Sergeant in his unit use the same techniques to compel cooperation from Taliban informants and picked up a thing or two himself in the process. But that had been easy, impersonal. This was anything but.

large.jpg

Chase hadn't really hit the stage of being alert until Mac brought the blade out. Only then did he connect the dots that he'd been deceived, and momentarily he cursed himself for being too trusting. At that point he'd looked angrily from Mac, to Will, then at his father before returning to the woman all while she spoke. The tension in the room cranked up further than he would have liked and his own body tensed and despite Mac's warning his hand flexed under the table with the temptation to go for his own knife.

Mac's hands were visible however Will's were not, and that was more than enough reason for Chase to assume Will was armed. She was the one talking, keeping his attention, but Will was the one who'd put him down if he tried anything.

But for the time being things were calm, tense...but calm. So as not to escalate things he remained still, only slowly raising his hands onto the table to show they weren't doing anything. The main focal point for his anger was the fact that they dragged his father into this, and not only that but they made Chase do it himself.

Joe remained still while Mackenzie spoke, her words were simple. We don't want to hurt you. We know what Chase is. You've helped us. Do us this favor and we won't ask. No questions, despite your past. Will's came afterwards, and they weren't exactly on the same page. Do it or we tell everyone.

"No." The elder man stated rather flatly before Chase could say anything, he didn't seem particularly amused or bothered by what was going on. Joe seemed like he was about to just walk out of the tent. "Hold on." Chase replied to his father.

"I said it's not happening." Joe growled back as Chase shot a glare at him. "Not your choice." Chase barked up much to his fathers surprise. "Like hell it isn't."

And if it wasn't for the fact that the action would have gotten him shot Chase would have slammed a fist on the table or stood up to argue, instead he just clenched and released his fists. The younger sought to ignore his father and instead put his attention back on Mac, his tone was cold and frustrated. "The ends justify the means right? Doesn't matter who is employed as long as it get's the job done. Hypnos, the Vampire who was here not long ago, and now the Werewolf. Doesn't matter what they've done or the numbers they've killed as long as it doesn't apply currently. And I'm just a means to an end." They were dancing around the word of what he was for good reason, but at the moment Chase didn't particularly care enough to do the same.

Chase turned his head tilting it slightly over to Will, "You two act like I can walk into their midst and pretend to be one of them. You do realize how we work with the whole pack and scent thing right? You are hunters after-all. I already fought two of them for the information that they were an alliance packs in the first place, and that was an accident." Chase scowled before taking a deep breath and peered momentarily at Joe's face since the older man had gone dead quiet, not surprised at the unhappy look he was getting.

Then he reached a hand up to rub at his forehead. Joe being here and hearing this complicated the situation much more than it already was. "Alright, look. You want to work out any kind of deal then he's out." Chase pointed over at Joe, "My father walks out of this tent scot-free, he gets amnesty. And before you ask no he isn't like me, he's one-hundred percent human. I don't want him involved."

Joe didn't look like he was about to have any of it, "You don't honestly expect me to walk o--!"

"Dad." Chase was giving his father a determined look that caused Joe to shake his head and sigh. Then he looked between the other two to wait on an answer.

Last edited:
dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie grimaced as Will spoke, his not so subtle addition to her request: or else. She wouldn't counter him, wouldn't argue with him even if she didn't agree. If something were to have occurred where Chase's identity had been reveals she would have defended the man; his track record was far cleaner than her own and technically speaking she was quite human either. Joe's initial reply startled her, eyes widened as she turned to look at the older Keaton. She hadn't accounted for the father to be the one to answer and she should have known that he would deny the request out right. Lips parted to speak again, but Chase argued the point for her.

She was rather impressed at how calm Chase remained during this entire process; she knew if she had been corned she absolutely would have already been fighting for freedom, but then she assumed having Joe in the tent made things easier on herself and William, not having to fight Chase. She felt guilt as he spoke about being used, but she wouldn't deny it. It was exactly her intention from the second she knew what he was, but they were not too different. Only an hour earlier Brendan had given her the same ultimatum: work for us, Oracle, or leave.

Chase bartered, wanted his father to be removed from the situation and the agreement, dark eyes flicked to William for a second "Agreed." she answered before he could, there had to be give and take in this. Without agreeing to Chase's terms the two could bolt and they would be left with nothing. "He's free to remain in Vitae," She looked to Joe. "Encouraged even, you're a good hunter, as is your son. We'll bring you updates on everything, keep you in the loop with what's going on."

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

William nodded. "Done. We wanted Joe to be here for this, but beyond that he's free to stay in the Colony." It was a meager gesture, he knew. The man had helped save Elijah's life not long ago and now they were forcing his son into something that looked more and more like a suicide mission with each passing second... he wasn't expecting any thanks for keeping Joe's name out of it.

The pang of guilt didn't recede in the slightest at them granting Chase's request, something the man's tirade had done little to allay -- he was right, after all. He was beginning to have second thoughts; confronting Chase and confirming his identity was one thing, compelling him to put his life on the line -- again -- for their benefit was something else altogether. He tried telling himself it was for the good of Vitae, but the thoughts rang hollow in his mind.

"You said you fought them for information?" he asked slowly. "How did that even work out?"

large.jpg
Chase was relieved that they both agreed, now it just took Joe agreeing to do the same. He and his father locked eyes for a moment, Joe didn't look happy but Chase kept up the determined stare until the older man caved. "Fine, I'll be outside." For the moment he didn't reply to Mac's words because quite frankly with the current situation they were empty to him. With that he turned and headed back out of the command tent, coming to a stop at the Toyota where he would wait.

"Screw the both of you for getting him involved in the first place." Chase's shoulders hunched and relaxed a little as he put both elbows on the table. Twice in one day Chase found himself in a helpless situation and at the mercy of someone else. And he didn't want Joe here for all of this, to here exactly what he was going to do and what had already happened.

A deal was a deal, they let Joe out of this and Chase would talk. He decided to start with answering Will's question, "I was heading to the GPS coordinates you guys gave me, I didn't plan on doing anything other than taking a sniff around and see what I could get out of it. Maybe if I was lucky figure out which direction the wolves were set up in. But I caught their scent way before then, decided to check it out, and they caught me off guard." Chase rolled his neck slightly whilst staring at the table, hearing it pop. "They asked what pack I was from. When I didn't have an answer, things got physical. I pieced together the info about multiple packs working together from what they said. I was lucky, and one got away."

"This isn't you asking me to scout, this is you asking me to insert myself into one of the packs. And they already know who I am, have my scent." And here came the part where he had to speak about today's earlier events, something he'd not planned on informing Joe on. "You don't really know what your asking me but I'll do it, and it should work because...they've already made contact with me to try and pull me to their side." The seat was uncomfortable and to be honest Chase felt like his skin was crawling and he wanted to get up and move, but he also didn't want to end up being stabbed or shot with silver so he simply fidgeted in the chair.

"By the way, this plan of yours to coerce me into this? Stupid plan. I could have easily been planted here by the packs with Joe, who you just let leave, and who could have run back to the packs to tell them were onto them. Luckily for everyone involved that's not the case, but if it had been..."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie watched and waited while Joe left the tent, clearly not satisfied with what had happened and she couldn't blame him. She had thought Chase would follow up with more demands, given how quickly they had both agreed to his first, but he instead gave more information about his first encounter with the Pack. It had been accidental, the information he had received, the knowledge he had shared, and she was quiet certain the man now regretted his decision to share it immensely, but he continued on to share that the pack had already.

They wanted to recruit Chase, bring him in even though he was from the colony? She had little doubts as to why, he would be a source of information for them, as he was about to be for them. She looked to Will, an ill feeling creeping up her spine; he was chastising them for not considering they were part of the pack but she had and had determined that even if Joe was now free to run and inform them it wouldn't change what information they would have already had on Vitae, or would it change her decision about asking Chase to go and spy for them.

They couldn't turn back now, she wouldn't change the course they had decided on despite the sinking feeling, but she cleared her throat, choosing not to comment on what he had said. "You have Will's cell number; change the name to your father's. This way if, when you need to contact us, it will look like you're just talking to your dad. We won't ask you come to anywhere near Vitae, if we need to meet it will be somewhere that works for you. You tell us, I'll get there. We need to come up with a phrase that tells us you need to meet, and one that tell us you need help getting out. We should have one that we can use so you know we need to speak to you."

She was leaving this up to Chase, he would know his own preferences better than she or Will would, and she wanted him to feel like he had some control, not to mention it needed to appear natural to him.

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back