• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
mvQIQww.jpg

Mackenzie. Mackenzie. Mackenzie. He grimaced slightly each and ever time he heard Hendrix refer to Skye with that name. He hated it, despised it, it was not her. Not who he knew. The man was bold, cocky even, and Franklin was slightly disappointed by the fact that he did not buy into his offer for information. It wouldn't stop him from trying, he was far too aware that Hendrix meant something to Skye, but he couldn't tell if they were simply hunting partners or if it was something more. He chided himself for not stopping by Skye's car; he'd seen the metal excuse for a vehicle as they came into the tent. If the two were hunting partners then his scent would be inside the vehicle as much as her own, or so he would assume. He made a note to check in later, if the truth wasn't revealed before then.

He watched William with little interest as he continued and he gave a small chuckle. "While you and I may be blank slates to each other, you, Mr. Hendrix, have nothing to offer me." He paused and tilted his head aside, "Unless you think you may, by all means, tell me what you think I could want or use from your tiny colony, what you might bargain for, I'd love to know."

GxQZJgl.jpg

"Why not bring this up with Alaric? It's safe to say he's the resident expert on these things. And why the sudden interest in them to begin with?"

Ashley gave a tiny sigh, she had hoped the topic of Alaric would have stayed on the back burner, given the angel had not come to heal Eli since the trial had ended. She glanced away, attempting to come up with anything that would sound close to the through, that it was just curiosity on her part, or maybe something Sandy and herself had giggled about on shift, but instead she looked back to him, rather nervous.

"To start, Alaric is gone." She gave a simple shrug. "Haven't seen him all day, not since first thing." She gave her bottom lip a tiny bite, hoping she didn't regret this later. "But he didn't leave without first tell me that I. That his." She inhaled deeply, cursing herself internally before she forced it out. "I'm apparently pregnant with his child." She shook her eyes and closed her eyes, annoyed with herself. "I didn't even know that angels could have children, I feel so stupid."

She watched Eli with a sad smile. "Fool on me, right?" Every word Eli had told her about the children of humans and angels, Nephilims, had stuck with her. The hardest part was the portion where he proclaimed that they were abominations and shunned. "Just, don't tell anyone. Not yet. " She hadn't come to terms with it yet, she wasn't ready to deal with it, and the fact that Alaric had abandoned her to do it alone. Just like my mother. She thought ruefully.

dx0HE3H.jpg
TbTh8wz.jpg

Outside the command tent Mac was quick to stride down the street towards the part of town where the Council members had houses. She was worried and stressed about leaving Will alone with Franklin for too long. She knew the vampire wouldn't dare kill or injure anyone within the walls of Vitae, or outside of them if he knew they were connected to the colony, but she was far too aware Franklin could do all sorts of other damage to Will and herself with just speaking.

She had nothing to hide from Will, she had made that clear earlier over dinner when she offered him information. He could ask her anything, anytime and she would answer him, and she knew she wouldn't have to worry about what he thought of her after the fact. He was better than most, she felt. He wouldn't condemn her for her past like others would. She was lost in thought that as she turned onto the street where Brendan lived, he caught her by the arm as he was passing the other direction.

"Where the hell are you going?" He hissed at her, tugged her arm so she turned to walk with him back towards the command tent.

"Coming to get you." She shrugged off his arm, but still walked at his brisk pace back the way she had come.

"Because of your meeting?" He prodded.

"Yes," she hesitated. "It's with Francois DeBois." She watched Brendan stagger and almost trip as he turned to glare at her, but he said nothing more and he picked up the pace.

Safton Safton

upload_2017-5-16_17-18-8-jpeg.311910

Will drummed his fingers against the tabletop quietly as he held eye contact with Franklin. He hadn't missed the looks of displeasure each time he mentioned Mackenzie's name, though he was all too happy to feign ignorance at the sight. He hoped this might put the vampire off-balance, but he wasn't holding his breath. Franklin was a predator, in more ways than one. Negotiations hadn't even truly begun yet and he could already tell that he would be a more difficult sell than the village elders overseas, or the Council here in Vitae for that matter.

"I wouldn't know," William remarked calmly, his fingers coming to rest. "Like I said, you're blank slate to me, Mister DeBois. I know nothing about your intentions -- or your needs -- aside from what little Mackenzie has told me about you. I won't insult you by offering to shower you in money or our eternal gratitude. You traveled a long way to come here, at least in part due to curiosity. You must have believed we could have something to offer you. Vitae may be small, but it's diverse. We may surprise you."

upload_2017-5-19_10-20-58.jpeg
Elijah remained silent, unblinking. "Oh," was all he could muster at first as his mind registered Ashley-May's words. Suddenly the reason behind her curiosity was very clear... and he hadn't exactly delivered any good news. "I wasn't aware the two of you were, ah, 'together'." He forced himself to sit up against the backboard of the bed, grunting at the pain that flared up in his abdomen. Eli reached out with his hand to place it gently over Ashley's, offering what meager comfort he could.

"I won't tell anyone. You didn't do anything wrong, Ash. But you should know: whatever you decide to do next, you're not alone in this. I don't know where Alaric has gone, but the rest of us are here for you," he said with a small smile.

0d8cabe345d35506169fec17fa6d841c.jpg

With night now fallen over Vitae Hypnos' options just grew by several fold. At this point his presence in Vitae was little more than a projection of the main body, which was currently spreading sleep with his horn to this side of the world, still he could make his presence known. Even as Hypnos plotted he wondered if there was even a reason to intervene at this point. It didn't matter to him what this Franklin did with the Colony. When he searched the Vampire's mind he didn't see any plots to harm the Colony, but more could be found when he slept.
Hypnos decided just to have the projection keep an eye on the situation. He could intervene if things got violent.

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin smirked as Will mentioned money or gratitude; neither he could be bothered with, both he had plenty of, though he was starting to appreciate the tenacity of the human that had befriend his mate. He regarded William coolly before speaking slowly. "There are items that Vitae could provide to me that would be of great use now and in the future. Part of those negotiations would have to come from Skye herself, the remainder would need to be an agreement from the Council proper. I have had some difficulties in recent years pushing my influence South from my territory. New York specifically. There had been a company aware of people like myself that were preventing my interests from being extended. It would seem you Oracles deity removed them from my path, but I would need some ...market credit for the area. I'm sure Vitae's long standing trustworthy status among the United States will likely help with my company and nest establishing a foothold."

He wondered, idly, how much Skye had actually told the man, beyond what species he was. No doubt Hendrix knew that he was able to keep the Pack at bay from his own territory which would explain why they had called in to begin with.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley smiled slightly at Eli's attempt to comfort her. She appreciated the gesture, but with the information he had given, it was unlikely she was going to seek any of them for help. "Thanks." She patted his hand gently. "But I came here to cheer you up, not the other way around." Despite Eli telling her she'd done nothing wrong she certainly felt like she had, and now was being punished for it, she gave a tiny shake of her head before dismissing the sad thoughts, it was her trouble, her problem and she'd handle it, one way or another.

"So Sandy," She smiled, turning the topic over. "What do you think of her?"

dx0HE3H.jpg
TbTh8wz.jpg

Mackenzie and Brendan passed the rest of their trip back to the command tent in complete silence. Brendan was too angry to voice anything at this point and Mac simply didn't want to discuss anything personal with the Councilmen; William trusted him, and he had covered for being an Oracle earlier, but she couldn't get over the feeling the man was always plotting, calculating. At the tent she watched Brendan pause and turn towards her. "I should send you away," he spoke softly, but both of them knew what ever he uttered now Franklin would hear clearly within. "Keep you away from this. He's going to find out, everything. And then the three of us are going to sit down and discuss the terms of you remaining in Vitae."

It wasn't a threat, but a promise, and Mac didn't need Brendan to continue to clarify what he was talking about. Inviting Franklin here invited the truth of her time with the Nest, and the goings on within it. That she knew would have happened, but between making that decision and this moment so much had changed between herself and Will. She nodded to the older man, knowing that she, they, needed his help turning Franklin into an active participant, from a hostile visitor.

Safton Safton

William nodded. "Minotaur. Yes, we've... encountered their particular brand of hospitality." He wasn't sure he liked the idea of helping Franklin to expand his Nest. That sounded suspiciously like turning a blind eye -- or, worse yet, actively helping -- while he converted more people into vampires. Still, he wouldn't preemptively judge the proposal before hearing the details after Brendan arrived. Besides, he was simply happy that Franklin was showing some interest in negotiation rather than his previously aloof stance.

"We can work out the details pertaining to what Vitae can offer you where expansion is concerned once Councilman Jack arrives," he said, before a faint noise at the tent flap drew his attention.

upload_2017-5-19_13-18-18.jpeg
Elijah noticed Ashley's sudden change of subject but didn't comment on it. She was no doubt in a vulnerable state right now and the last thing he wanted to do was push her. He'd be checking in on her soon enough, however.

"So Sandy. What do you think of her?"

Eli smiled. "What, besides her being most lovely of all the staff here at the Clinic? Present company excluded, of course," he said with a wink, inclining his head toward Ashley-May. "Truth be told, I may have exaggerated earlier. I haven't said more than few words to her since I've been here and the majority of those were while I was under anesthesia." He paused, grimacing. "I hope I didn't say anything stupid."

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan opened the tent flap and waved Mac in before following her. He spared no pleasantries for Franklin, he and Frank had been long time foes on the field. He glared to William as he came into the tent. "This is your Hunter from the North? Francois DeBois? You brought him here, without telling the Council. Do you know what he is? What he does?" Brendan gave an exasperated shake of his head. "He is not a solution to our problem. He is a far worse enemy."

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin looked amused by Brendan's outburst but he turned a serious look to William. "He's right. You should know who I am before we get into bed together." He was well aware Skye would have told William what he was, that explanation didn't need to go any further so he moved onto what would matter to the hunter-Councilmen. "I am, first and foremost, a business man. I own several business within Toronto as well as a lion's share of others across the globe. My company Northerna dabbles in all things; communications, production, et cetera. My Nest generates more profit than Vitae would likely every see." He paused to adjust his waist coat, smooth out his pant leg and pick a piece of dirt from his sleeve. "I make those in my Nest wealthy, Ask Skye if you need evidence, she's the owner of several businesses. Second to the I am a Den Master and I protect my own as you would yours."

He nodded his head towards Brendan. "I do not appreciate when Hunters cross into my territory uninvited," He turned his attention to Skye, who was looking at everyone else but himself. "If they belong to a group or a colony I send them home-"

Brendan scoffed. "Half dead."

"I can send them home entirely dead in the future, if that is your preference." he countered, a threat and a promise. "I run several ...clubs, for lack of a better word, where others like myself and my nest are able to feed in peace. Humans that are sympathetic to our needs volunteer there but when supplies are short we resort to other means." He cleared his throat, adjusting his tie. "The mayor is aware of who I am and that I keep the supernatural violence to a minimum. It keeps his citizens happy and safe and he keeps us satisfied. If Vitae were to work a deal with myself, with Northerna, the I can guarantee you will be just as profitable and as safe as my own nest." He was focusing back to William, knowing he would be the one to work the details with, Brendan was there only to confirm what Will could offer in return. "I have told you, I want footing in New York, assistance and protection establishing my Nest there. Once the pack is dealt with, I want your hunters to push North and help me eliminate them; once this is done they will be weakened enough it can be done." Eyes turned to Skye. "And when the pack gone, Skye will return home."

dx0HE3H.jpg

She moved obediently within, she glanced between William and Franklin, both had remained where she had left them, but Will didn't seem any less tense than he had been. She ignored Franklin to the best of her abilities, returning to where she had left the bag he had left her, taking a seat beside it. Through the entire explanation from Franklin she felt uncomfortable, wincing as he mentioned her part of his Nest, her ownership of some of his businesses. She knew it sounded far worse than it had been, then it was, but Franklin intended this result; wanted Will to think poorly of her.

Franklin ended with his want for her to return him, she flinched but returned his gaze. She was about to speak, mind racing for a perfect way to word a 'no' and make it sound like a 'yes' when Brendan spoke first.

"Tell us, Mackenzie, what does Franklin do with the Hunters that don't belong to a group or a Colony?"

She froze, staring at Franklin's impassive face, she could see Brendan watching her expectantly; both of these men already knew the answer to his question, both of them wanted William to know for two very different reasons. "He breaks them." She said, forcing herself to speak clearly, no fear. She watched Brendan shake his head, before he could produce the answer she spoke again. "They are caged and broken. He breaks their will, turns them to his cause. Most, nearly all, choose to give themselves to the Nest, become one of them."

Safton Safton

GxQZJgl.jpg

"Oh!" Ashley gave Eli a rather pitiful smile, patting his hand a second time, teasing. "Oh, honey I'm so sorry." She couldn't stop herself from laughing quietly. "Well, if you're interested, truly interested, I can see what I can do for damage control when I get back." She smiled, "She's a nice girl, sweet and kind, but she doesn't hunt at all. Her whole family lives in Vitae, but none of them are hunters either, weird right? She said something like years ago her parents were help out by one of the older hunters from the colony, so she grew up knowing about everything out there, but not hunter." She gave a little shrug, "I don't even know if she goes for hunters or not, or men for that matter."

"Just try and keep your mouth shut when evening pain meds roll around, right?" She joked. "Though I'm going to guess you couldn't have embarrassed yourself any more than you may have already." She recalled him calling out to her when he first woke up, it had been amusing then, and she was sorry she missed the rest of it.

Safton Safton

It took Thor the better part of an hour to extract the information he needed, but he was thankful that they lacked the willpower to withstand such intense pain for any longer than that. Truth to be told, they knew less than he would have liked to, but they at least knew the most important thing. Persephone's location. Now, he would need to return to Earth, he had work to do.

Hel closed her eyes as Thor used telepathy to inform her of his discovery, with a pleased smile on her face, she turned to Hades "Thor knows where Persephone is. Or at least, where he can find her.". Not that she personally cared the least about the godess, but they were all on the same side, none of them wanted the First Sin released.

Thor appeared next to Brendan, inhaling the fresh air of Midgard, he then proceeded to state "We need to talk." He figured that he was interrupting something, but frankly he did not care, this was far too important.

NanLia NanLia St. Boethius St. Boethius

Will was silent, unblinking, as he stared at Mac. In the space just a precious few moments, he had learned more about her and where she came from. She had mentioned little about her time with the Nest -- nothing about owning any businesses... not that he suspected any sort of deception on her part. He'd simply never had the courage to ask. Two evils from her past had followed her to Vitae... and one had just named its price. Finally, Will's gaze gave way to a faint smile, followed by a nod -- of understanding, acceptance. His concern about Franklin's knowledge about how important she was to him was an afterthought now.

In a few seconds, it would be irrelevant.

William turned to Franklin, steely gray eyes fixing him with a glare. When he spoke, his tone was outwardly calm, but held a dangerous edge. "Mackenzie is not a bargaining chip to be traded and bartered for -- not by you. Not by me, or Vitae. Not by anyone. She makes her own decisions, including where to call 'home'." He turned briefly to glance at Brendan before returning his gaze to the Den Master.

"And as for everything else... I think I speak for all of us when I say that we're not interested in your profits... or the price that comes with them. Vitae is done being used as a pawn by monsters. That stopped with New York. I'd rather we take our chances with the Pack than lose our souls doing your dirty work."

William stood up from his chair, his tone mockingly polite. "Thank you for your time, Mister DeBois. I wish you safe trip back to Toronto."

upload_2017-5-19_19-29-12.jpeg
Elijah winced. "Yes, sorry about that," he murmured. He didn't remember much of his conversations after waking up following the surgery, but what he did recall was more than enough. "Well, I certainly won't turn down your offer. I like to keep my options open," he said with a wink.

The information about Sandy was interesting. It wasn't unheard of for humans to join the "inner circle" without being Hunters, but it was rare by comparison. He could see the appeal of it -- doing one's part while living a somewhat normal life. His thoughts were drawn back to the dream he'd had while he was "under"... a normal life. His expression darkened, eyes glazing over. "Do you ever regret becoming a Hunter?" he asked abruptly. Almost immediately, he raised his hand, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, never mind that. It's none of my business."

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendran jumped at the sight and voice of Thor suddenly appearing beside him within the command tent. He huffed at the god when he heard him speak but quickly made for the exit to speak privately, Franklin did not need to hear what the god needed to speak about urgently. On the other side of tent he turned to wait for the god to follow him, wanting to get this done as quickly as possible so he could return to the task at hand.

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin watched William as Skye explained how it was hunters came to his cause, it was this or death, so far as he was concerned, but his lips twitched into a smile as he finally got the answer he needed. Hendrix spoke and he listened, cool and collected, but he could not stop the cruel lips from his features. He was being dismissed, mockingly so, but he rose smoothing from his chair, re-buttoning his jacket before clearing his throat.

"I can't say that I am at all surprised by this turn events, Councilmen Hendrix, but I am disappointed. You have proven once more why humans are inferior to the rest of us, and why they continue to be slaughtered in droves." He slowly shook his head. "You colony is a farce; you call it a sanctuary for hunters, for humans and yet I can already tell you you've been infiltrated by a wolf and another vampire. There is even a demon lurking in the woods just beyond your wards. You may accept the fate of your people's death, but I will not let Skye die here, nor will she be turned by those animals." He turned his attention to Skye, extending a hand. "Come, you will be safe from them; you wouldn't have called me if you thought you would be safe here. We'll go home."

He knew the wolf had been near and within the colony today, hours earlier; though after there he was not certain where it had gone. With the pack outside he had little doubt that the wolf was here as a spy and, since he knew the Cannonach's were in the woods, likely there to drag Skye out to their pack.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie ached knowing Will had been watching her, she wouldn't turn away from him; he deserved to know what she was. She held his gaze for a long time, willing her feature to remain impassive when all she wanted to do was cry and apologize to him. He looked angry, annoyed even, and when he stated to speak she winced, waiting for him to express his disgust, instead he denied Franklin. She stared, shocked as he almost casually dismissed the vampire and likely their only hope for salvation.

She continued to watch Will, very nearly missing what Franklin was saying to her. She turned to regard him, and his extended hand, silent for several seconds before she frown. "I'm not leaving..." Voice was quiet, but she force herself to speak up, louder. "I am staying, win or lose, I will be here for the end of it." She shifted in her chair, not rising but leaning forward slightly. "And if you actually cared, Franklin, about me. You would be here too, to help and not demand anything from me. From us." She watched the vampires had drop to his side, she expected him to rage or even attack her but instead he laughed.

"Fine, pet." she frowned as he smiled. "You'll have your nest's help, and mine." He turned his attention back to William, offering a sheepish shrug. "Before we go any further, we need to deal with the wolf in your colony."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May blinked at the question, not because it was odd or out of place; this was a question almost every non-legacy hunter she knew asked each other, she was surprised it had come from Elijah. He was quickly backing out of the question but she smiled. "No, it's okay, really." For the second time today she was asked this, and now she felt better prepared to answer it. "Yes and no." She answered honestly. "No because I've helped so many people by doing what we do, but yes. I miss my life, what it was before .. before everything. I miss going and getting coffee or to the movies. Or just even laying in bed with my lover and T.V. I miss not knowing or caring about something lurking in the darkness ready to kill -or worse." She gave him a sad smile then. "And, if this were any other child, I would probably be leaving. To try and give it a normal life away from this kind of fear."

She gave a soft sigh. "Earlier someone suggested to me that I could go back, finish my schooling; be the doctor I was training to me." She knew now, with the knowledge of her child that would be an abomination and hated by both races, she could not go back to anything close to normal. "Was there a time you weren't a hunter?" She asked, knowing he was like Mac, both legacy's, both raised and trained to do exactly this from a very young age.

Alator Alator Safton Safton

William's hand clenched into a fist at his side as Franklin offered his hand to Mackenzie. He watched her -- meeting her eyes as he awaited her response. When it came, Will felt the now-familiar warmth in his chest as he watched Mac's defiance grow. What he didn't expect was Franklin's reaction. No indignant rage, no resignation... but an offer to help separate from his previous terms. For her. William didn't know what to think of that and judging by the look on Mac's face, neither did she.

The mention of infiltrators inside the Colony -- a Wolf and a vampire -- brought Will's attention back to more immediate concerns. He briefly considered the idea that maybe Franklin was trying to send them on a wild goose chase, but he doubted it. His concern seemed genuine (relatively speaking) and in any case, he would have had nothing to gain. Will didn't take any comfort in the knowledge that the Pack had managed to breach their cordon, but it wasn't a surprise. They'd had plenty of time to do so.

"We will," Will said. "I don't suppose that nose of yours could be of any use tracking them?"

upload_2017-5-20_2-35-19.jpeg
Elijah nodded. He hated to hear that Ashley-May's free will to choose a new path in life was being affected by the pregnancy, but he understood her intentions. If half of what the lore said about Nephilim was true, then a "normal life" might be a pipe dream.

"Was there a time you weren't a hunter?"

Eli nodded somberly. "In a way. My mother -- she wasn't as 'enthusiastic' about the family business as my father and the others. She tolerated the lifestyle, of course, and me being raised into it. But she insisted that I have options, to at least have a chance at normal life. She made sure I finished my education. She's the reason I went to Oxford. The years I spent there, they were... different. Almost normal. Still, I never felt completely at home there, knowing what I did. My father called me a wolf among sheep... and sometimes I believed it."

He shrugged. "After I graduated, I made my choice. I felt 'the call'. My mother accepted it, but I think deep down she was sad. Disappointed, maybe. I never had second thoughts until--" Elijah paused, cleared his throat. "Until she passed away, and I had a falling out with the family and the life I had chosen."

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin scowled at Williams suggestion he scent out the wolf for them further. "I am not your wolf hound, hunter. You all should be better at this than you apparently are." He certainly didn't excuse Skye for now knowing about a wolf in their midst. "He, it is a male, was at the gates earlier today. Six or seven hours ago, his scent is still strong so I would imagine his car is park out with the others from your colony."

"I know who it is." Skye said and Franklin nodded, he didn't much care for the details, only that the mutt would be dealt with.

"Good, the vampires scent is far fainter, I am not certain if it's still within the walls or not. It shouldn't be an issue in a few days time." He glanced between the two on opposite sides of the table. "I will send my nest to assist with the attack, and I will return the day of. Fifty of my fighters should be enough, here's hoping Emile doesn't catch wind it too early and set this sites up north instead." He gave a slight nod, before continuing. "You will need to house them, Skye knows the requirements, I will arrange for nourishment to arrive." He was focused on Skye once more. "I will be sending your Guardians, treat them nicely, for their sake." At this he gave a slight chuckle, stepping back from the table and pushing his chair in.

"Three days time you will receive a delivery, Mr. Hendirx. Please accept it without argument, it will be at a great cost to get you the help you so clearly need. I don't want to deal with any back lash."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley smiled hearing about his mother and her dislike for hunting. "She sounded like a wonderful woman." She offered quietly. She understood the pain of losing a parent, though her mother knew nothing about hunting, she had known about a better life and wanting it for Ashley. "I'm sorry about your family, is that why you came to America?" It seemed a plausible enough answer; if he and his family didn't meet on sound terms any longer than distancing himself would have been the first thing Ashley would have done.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie winced as Franklin mentioned her Guardians, and being nice to them. She knew the two women who had been her friends and guardians when she was in the nest would be livid when they arrived. She had given them the slip as much as she had every other member of the nest. They had even followed her south and she had managed to evade them then. She glanced to will and mouthed the word later. She would explain then who the wolf among them was.

It hadn't dawned on her before, she had been far more drunk and utterly distracted by Will to understand how Chase had brought them the information about the pack unscathed, but with Franklin mentioning a wolf it finally clicked. Now the concern was if he was with the pack or not. Franklin hadn't mentioned anything about the pack, directly, but she doubted he would say anything about them while she was present. She liked Chase, as much as she could for a man she really hadn't spoke with much beyond this morning, but he had kept himself a secret from them; and at this point he could not be entirely trusted.

Safton Safton

William didn't expect Franklin to agree to track the Wolf for them. The man was far too proud for that. He was in the process of thinking up an alternative to narrow down the potential suspects when Mackenzie spoke up, claiming she knew who it was. Will whirled around to face her, brows knitted in confusion. However, as Franklin continued to speak, William benched the matter for the time being. He knew Brendan and others wouldn't agree to housing vampires inside the Colony and seeing to their needs, but their options were limited at this point.

"Three days time you will receive a delivery, Mr. Hendrix. Please accept it without argument, it will be at a great cost to get you the help you so clearly need. I don't want to deal with any back lash."

Will narrowed his eyes at the vampire. "Fair enough. We'll see to the Wolf in the meantime." Whether he followed through on that promise was another matter entirely; that would depend entirely on what the "delivery" in question turned out to be. Turning toward Mac, he saw her very clearly send a silent message of her own: Later. He nodded almost imperceptibly in response.

upload_2017-5-20_14-24-15.jpeg
Elijah nodded. "I had already chosen Hunting and it seemed like it was too late to go back. But knowing what I knew then? I couldn't stay. I wanted to be a Hunter, but not in England where the 'Davenport legacy' seems inescapable sometimes. Even the mainland wasn't far enough. I had already done some studying in America and I always wanted to come back... it seemed like a natural choice at the time."

Eli smiled. "I haven't regretted it for a second. Just... musing on what could have been, before."

Hypnos was actually quite surprised at how the meeting turned out. Not only had Chase been thrown under the bus, but now the Colony was going to be house 50 vampires in order to make sure they could survive the Pack? Honestly Hypnos was having a hard time their logic here. They had at least two gods willing to protect them and yet instead of asking them for help they turn to Vampires? Hypnos couldn't help but shake his nonexistent head in disbelief at this. At any point the deity figured it was about time he interjected himself into the situation considering it was all but over.

So Hypnos appeared before Franklin, William, and Mackenzie with his hands resting on his cane and looking between the lot of them. " I was wondering what the Colony was going to do with the vampire, but make a deal with it.... now that was unexpected. " Hypnos said looking over to Franklin. " A pleasure to meet you by the way Franklin. " The deity smiled at Franklin with sincerity as he genuinely enjoyed meeting new people.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin had even intention of leaving, now that it was settle: he and his nest would assist the night of. He wouldn't leave it alone, however, he would once more bring up a partnership between his nest and Vitae, regardless of how Hendrix felt about it. He knew well enough that they would be able to suppress the threat of the wolves; he knew it was the reason why Skye had called him in the first place. He had managed to keep the pack at bay within his own city of decades, one small colony states side shouldn't be an issue, and far less of a problem if it meant opening communication with Skye again.

"It's been an interesting meeting." He stated to the councilmen still present but as he turned to leave someone, or that something, appeared before him. Immediately he was cascaded with the scent of poppies. "Ah, I wondered when the god would make himself known." He said, rather curtly. "Hypnos, I can't say I am happy to meet you, given what you've done to Skye." The slight was spoken with no emphasis, no anger or resentment, just said with simple fact. "I do have to thank you and your brother for the work done in New York; it will make it far easier for me to establish myself there now, without that company in my way."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May smiled. "Well I'm grateful for the decision for you to come here, you and Will have been a lifesaver time and again for me and Mac." She paused and considered. "Was it your idea to come to the colony?" It interested her which of the two of them had made the other come here, in her case she had begged and threatened Mac until she came to the colony, and even then it was only the promise that Mac would bring her eyes and check the place out before taking off on her own again.

If it hadn't been for the wolves, and William, she was certain Mac would have left days ago to be out on the road.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie paused seeing Hypnos arrive, she had known the god had been present during the whole meeting, but she had expected him to remain silent. She felt, or shared, understood his annoyance, that they would make a deal with the vampire, and it annoyed her. "You already told us you couldn't handle the pack, not after New York." She countered, rather aggressively. "Not to mention I'm not willing to sacrifice anyone else for a gods errand. Everyone had a price to pay, but nothing has been paid back." In fact he had threatened her just hours before, telling her if she used the knowledge she had gleamed he would remove it from her.

Between the effects of the alcohol fading and the growing head ache, Mackenzie was not in the mood for another supernatural being waltzing in and making demands. "it's already settled, Hypnos. The nest will help us deal with the wolves."

St. Boethius St. Boethius Safton Safton

Hypnos nodded to Franklin, " While we certainly didn't mean to increase the population of vampires it's good to know at least someone else benefited from that tragic event. As for what I've done to Mackenzie.... well it's more of what she did to herself. Her becoming my Oracle was a choice, and because of it I will do everything in my power to guarantee her safety and well being." Hypnos said in a rather passive aggressive tone. He didn't like the possessive nature Franklin had for Mackenzie though in some views he was just as bad in not worse.

Hypnos could feel Mackenzie's anger towards him about his 'threat' and his very being. Honestly it hurt him to know that she felt that way towards him, but all he could do was try to change her mind slowly.

" I'm sorry you thing that the lives that were lost in New York were in vain, but I can assure you they were not. If you think I'm not doing enough for the Colony then please by all means tell me how I can better help. Because I've done all I can to ensure the safety of this Colony safe for standing at the front gate. I am here in no way to make demands or hinder your deal. I just wanted to personally see our newest compatriot in the defense of the Colony. I'm sure he has no ulterior motives what so ever."
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

William shook his head as he glared at Hypnos. Their previous "discussion" at the house was far from forgotten. "You lost your vote when it comes to the deals made by Vitae when you and your brother reneged on our last one." He eyes flicked to Franklin. "Mister DeBois has been pretty clear with his 'motives'. For now, we have to take every step we can to ensure that Vitae is as prepared as it can be to hold out against the Pack."

He cocked his head, turning back to the god. "I'm sure you know all about looking for help from... unconventional sources."

upload_2017-5-20_18-44-40.jpeg
"As am I. Vitae, despite everything that's happened... it's been good to us. Getting to know you and the others, it's been a privilege," Elijah remarked with rare sincerity. "And yes, it was my idea... more or less. A friend of myself and Will tipped us off after she heard about Vitae on the grapevine. Had the information come from anyone but her, Will probably wouldn't have even given it so much as a second thought. I planted the seed about going where we could do the most good, linking up with other Hunters... Will was hesitant at first, but I won him over." Eli grinned. "I always do."

Thor was glad that Brendan took him seriously, enough so that he instantly stopped what he was doing to hear what he had to say "I've just returned from a visit to the Underworld, if Persephone is not brought to Hades within two weeks, he will rise and as he put it, he would rip the Earth open and retrieve her himself. I could likely stop him, but the collateral would be immense nontheless. So I need to know, have your hunters been dispatched to New Jersey already? If not, I will bring them with me myself. We can't waste any time."

He didn't think that Brendan cared much about Persephone, but he strongly believed that he did not want New Jersey wiped out by Hades, or rather the titanic struggle between Thor and Hades that would ensue, should Hades try to retrieve her his way.

NanLia NanLia

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan was annoyed to have been pulled from the conversation with Franklin to be re-told information her already knew, more so that he had not informed the hunters assigned that they would be collecting a goddess, but simply another hunter. Of course it was no surprised that yet another god threatened humanity, it was a growing trend and they had yet to have proof that any of the gods that had visited this colony or even mentioned being near it had done anything but damage it severely. Already they had lost credit with other colonies around America, and even fallen out with Legacy families over seas for what happened in New York.

"The hunters had not yet left, they were leaving in the morning to collect her. As well, they don't know this is a gods errand, none of the colony but the council does and I implore you keep it to yourself. I don't need another panic taking over this place, it's set to go off at any time with the smallest upset." He stopped to consider, he wouldn't, or rather couldn't, prevent Thor from interceding with the hunters mission and he was more than annoyed that the gods had once more given up on letting the humans handle it without their interception. "I don't know why he bothered to even tell us to go, if he has you instead." Brendan was hesitant on sending his hunters out with the god; he did not need another New York. "They will be leaving tomorrow, by car, after first light. You can meet them along the road and go from there, I will not be rushed into another catastrophic failure because of gods impatience, and I will not risk my hunters again. If any of them return with so much as a scratch I will hold you personally responsible."

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin was mildly amused by the gods apologetic comments, more so by the defensive nature of Hendrix, but he was quite surprised by Skye's fierce anger towards the god she was the Oracle to. He knew the voice well, he'd earned it enough himself in the past that it made him chuckle. "Don't you worry about her," He spoke to the god, still smiling. "She'll come around, she always does." He stepped forward to give the god a pat on the shoulder, regardless of the two protective men in Skye's life he was hardly threatened. "And as for my intentions, they are always the same." He smirked, though the vampire knew long ago how to protect himself and his thoughts from gods.

Enochian wards were not a new thing to the very old vampire; after his first encounter with a god nearly five hundred years prior he had sought out the knowledge he needed to prevent from being listened in on a second time. "I am certain we will meet again, Hypnos. In the mean time try not to anger the tiny wolf any more: she bites." He stepped around the god towards the tent entrance, continuing his route back out to the gates. He was aware Brendan was speaking to another god, but he paid them no mind; he was delighted that Hendrix and Skye had accepted his help without Brendan present, he could only imagine the chaos that wound ensue.

GxQZJgl.jpg

"Well I hope to meet your friend one day, and thank her for sending the two of you." She smiled genuinely. "She needs to take her credit for the Mac and Will getting together, after all. I'm not sure if I should be thanking the pack for Mac though. She didn't want to come here, at all. It took me weeks to get her finally just hunt this direction. It wasn't until I told her I was going with or without her that she finally conceded. And even then she said she was only going to stay for a few days, to make sure it was actually safe, before she left again." She gave a shrug. "Then the wolves happened, and she met Will, I'm hoping that the two of them don't get any ideas of taking off after the pack is done; to go hunt on their own."

As much as she couldn't prevent Mac from leaving, and she certainly wouldn't tell the woman about her condition until she knew they would survive the attack, she didn't want Mac staying in a place where she wasn't happy. She could only hope that Will was stable enough to grow roots here and hold the Mac down.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was beyond fed up with Franklin and Hypnos's protective behavior, she was far too aware becoming and Oracle was of her own volition, and even though there had yet to be a benefit to the vision, she had learned about the runes. Now it was simply a matter of knowing how to use them without the god finding out; a feat she was not sure she could accomplish yet. She rolled her eyes at Franklin's comment; a nickname he had called her since the first day they had met. She gave an annoyed sigh and leaned forward closing her eyes, forehead on the table, arms wrapped over head. Her hands curled into her long hair. She just wanted this to be over so she could go find more alcohol, drink the rest of the night away.

Alator Alator St. Boethius St. Boethius Safton Safton

William watched the interplay between Franklin and Hypnos silently. He didn't trust either one not to wield Vitae as pawns... Hypnos had already done so and Franklin's intentions to follow suit had been made all too clear. He knew the fact that they were antagonistic toward one another should be a relief, but in truth his patience with the situation was wearing thin. He didn't care for more conflict, regardless of where it came from. Despite that, Will was aware that more was waiting just outside -- Brendan had stepped out to miss the rest of negotiations... and Hendrix doubted he'd be happy with the results.

After watching Franklin go, he saw Mac lean forward onto the table, laying her head down and covering it with her arms. The clear exasperation in the gesture almost brought a smile to his face. Will moved to her side, standing over her and placing a hand on her shoulder, gently massaging the base of her neck. As annoyed as he was, he knew it was nothing compared to what Mac was going through -- coming face to face with Franklin again. Leaning down toward her, the concern was evident in his voice as he whispered, "You okay?"

upload_2017-5-20_19-46-48.jpeg
Elijah smiled whimsically. "You may just see her someday. She's... one of a kind."

"I'm hoping that the two of them don't get any ideas of taking off after the pack is done; to go hunt on their own."

He nodded. "You're not the only one. I know William wasn't planning on staying long even after he took the position with the Council; he told them as much. That said, I expect Mackenzie may end up changing his perspective on things," he said with a smile. "Those two are a good influence on each other. It's up to us to keep reminding them of that in the meantime."

Thor tried his best to remain calm "You have no idea what you're dealing with here little man, this is far larger than you can comprehend. This may not seem like a small thing to you, but it could be crucial in the grand scheme of things. And as she has likely warded herself, not that her power is great enough so that I could easily sense her anyway, I might not be able to find her in time. And don't presume that you know how I am, based on your experience with a few greek gods, I've been protecting humanity since the dawn of your species, I'm not some errand boy, I am the King of Asgard! There is a reason why I am doing this personally. What you will hold me responsible for or not is none of my concern, all I need them to do is to help me find her, before someone else does. And besides, I can heal any non-lethal injuries they might suffer. But know this, if anyone of your hunters jeopardize the mission, I will lay them to waste. Now, if you want me to refrain from frightening your people fine, fine, but once we leave Vitae, they will learn of the urgency of this mission. "

Most beings talked to him with more respect, but he did admire the human's courage, showing such determination in the face of a being that could end you in an instant was a quality that far from everyone possessed. Personally, Thor was more annoyed by the fact that he seemed to always have to redeem himself for mistakes and atrocities committed by other gods.

NanLia NanLia

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan was taken aback by Thor's reaction, though not surprised given how he had spoken. He nodded stiffly, "Understood, they will meet you here tomorrow at first light, as they had planned." He would not apologize for his words or his thoughts; they had been nothing but betrayed and threatened by the gods that had made themselves known to the colony. Once more this god had already stated he would kill off any of the hunters that may jeopardize the mission.

It made him worry, for his hunters and his son, what little might set off the god. "Thank you.' Brendan offered, knowing if he didn't say something of praise to the god he may feel slighted. He glanced towards the gates as Franklin was headed for them, frowning slightly. "Excuse me." With Thor handled he was returning to the command tent to find out what had happened.

mvQIQww.jpg

Franklin walked the short distance back towards the gates, not entirely satisfied with the results of this expedition. At the very least he had confirmed Skye's whereabouts; he had had tabs on her more or less over the years, after all she still used the money from the banking accounts tied to her businesses. It had taken a great deal to keep them and the accounts afloat after she fled the country; the first sightings of her state side had sent a man hunt after her. Though he knew the right people in the right places to keep her from capture. He had thought the time away would bring her around and back to the nest where she belonged, but he had not accounted for her finding someone else.

The gates opened and he departed, returning to his waiting car and pulling around the road to leave.

GxQZJgl.jpg

She nodded. "That won't be an issue, trust me. I'll keep on Mac for sure, just don't spook her with any more war stories, alright?" She teased, "Besides, I think you're right. I doubt she'd want to try and take Will on the road; they're both pretty stubborn, she wouldn't be able to ditch him if she thought a hunt was too dangerous, like she does to me. And so keeping him in the colony would keep him safer, at least." She laughed a little. "At least that's what I'm going to tell her. Maybe we can use some of Will pull to get a house here?" She suggested. "I mean they gave us that house because Mac was injured; it's where the families stay while their loved ones recover. I guess with you in here we've got it a while longer, but once you're up, they'll put us back into the barracks." She didn't like the idea of going back, she had only spent the one night there and it had been a very uncomfortable evening.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie flinched feeling the hand at her shoulder, part of her panicked that Franklin had returned, had changed his mind. If he had there would be nothing that she or Will could have done to stop him. It was the massaging touch, and Will's quiet voice that soothed her, she leaned slightly to the side, tucking her arm under her head so she could look up to him. She gave him small nod, even though tonight did not go as she had thought it would she was pleasantly surprised to see Will wasn't shunning her, after learning about the nest. "I'll be okay." she replied, but didn't move a tiny smile returned to her lips. "I need more whiskey."

She was far too aware she and he needed to discuss the wolf within the colony, but she wasn't willing to do it in the presence of Brendan; and was thankful the Councilmen had missed it entirely. Even now she could think of how to use Chase's being what he was to their advantage, obviously the man had already done it before, why not again for the good of the colony?

Alator Alator Safton Safton

William grinned at Mac's comment. "You and me both. Some date night," he remarked lightly. Seeing Brendan step back into the tent, he took in a deep breath, giving Mac one last gentle squeeze on the shoulder before remvoing his hand and turning to face the elder Councilman. "What was that about?" he asked.

upload_2017-5-20_21-51-31.jpeg
Elijah hung his head at the mention of "war stories", but looked back up at Ashley-May as she continued. She was right, of course. If there was one thing William and Mackenzie had no shortage of, it was stubbornness... to think that it might be the saving grace for the two of them having some measure of happiness was almost comical in a way.

"I guess with you in here we've got it a while longer, but once you're up, they'll put us back into the barracks."

"I don't know if William's gotten to the point where he can requisition entire houses... though it'd be fun to watch Brendan's face when he tries." A devilish grin appeared on his face. "If you'd like, I could fake a few more injuries. Think about it. It would keep you out of the barracks, meanwhile Mac and Will have an actual bedroom so you don't end up walking in on them and giving poor Will a shock he won't recover from this time. Meanwhile, I'm happy to take one for the team here at the hospital... with Nurse Sandy to keep me company," he finished with a wink. His hand reached for another pastry but found none waiting for him on the dish.

"I'm only looking out for all of your best interests," Elijah said, trying and failing to keep a straight face.

Hypnos looked down at the vampires hand on his shoulder and simply smiled at him and wished him safe travels. With tensions high Hypnos would say nothing more other than to wish William and Mackenzie a good night before disappearing from sight. Hypnos still had more to explain and discuss with Mackenzie, but that could wait until she fell asleep.

Hades felt a lot more sure about the mission to save his wife with Thor tagging along. Humans were great at one thing and that was destroying themselves and others. He wasn't about to trust humans with keeping his wife safe when it was humanity itself that threatened her. Now of course he knew not to blame all f humanity for the shortcomings of a few it was the same with how that Colony felt about gods. He didn't trust them until he could figure out their intentions. Hades sighed and prepared for his departure. In a week's time he would be on Earth. First thing was first: warning signs. First thing in the morning there would be a surprise announcement of a Solar Eclipse happening. The projected path would take it right through New Jersey and straight over the Colony. After that there were the normal Dreams of dead loved ones, and a gathering of ghosts in the area. No doubt Hypnos would give his Oracle a warning, but it was to be expected. After all if he was going to reward the Colony he would need to do it personally.

TbTh8wz.jpg

Brendan regarded the two calmly, giving a non-committal shrug in reply to Williams question. "Gods, always demanding, though they make it sound like a request." He was returning to the table, to sit and rub at his tired eyes, still hadn't rested, though he was certain the two in the then with him were just as exhausted. "Before we continue on with what Franklin was about, you both missed the end of this morning meeting and Hypnos's ... gratitude for our help."

He sighed and leaned his head against the back of the chair. "We have been requested on another god mission, which is what Thor was about. This time Hades has requested we send hunters to retrieve his wife. I'm beginning to believe the godly pantheon should keep better check on their wives. From what we have been told there is no danger to the team going, that he only wants her home safe. Thor will be escorting the team there and back again, since we have not been able to track down the angel from yesterday." He regarded Mackenzie for a moment, wanting to pry but choosing not to.

"We, Miss Cannonach, need to discuss you remaining in the colony." He gestured to William to sit, this wasn't going to be a quick talk. "You knew very well who and what Franklin is, and why we would not want his presence inside the colony. Hendrix could not be held accountable for this intrusion; the council will not buy into him knowing about Franklin and Vitae's hatred prior. As much as you test my patience and annoy the ever loving shit out of me, I appreciate the thought behind bringing him here, and your commitment to the colony." He paused, hating what he would suggest next. "Having said that, the only way the council will permit you to stay is if they think you are more of a value than a threat to the colony. If we tell them what you are, Hendrix and I can convince them of our need to keep you here. I won't say a word unless you both agree, since you two seem to have come into some sort of relationship. Decide by tomorrows meeting, tell me before it starts."

He watched Mackenzie carefully, having expected the woman to fly off the handle by now, but she seemed almost passive, like she'd given up. "Moving on to Franklin, I can't imagine he has decided to assist out of the goodness of his heart. At this rate I am shocked he's not helping the pack like he had with Borseti. What did happened after I stepped out?"

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May had seen Eli's disappointment with the missing pastries and she smirked. "I leave early in the morning, but I'll make sure to bring you over something halfway decent before I go; and I'll get Mac to make you a second breakfast later, alright?" She didn't want to go on this mission, she knew she was second ringer for the medic-hunters available next to William, but she assumed she would be gone for a few days and didn't want to leave Eli alone.

"Oh, well if you're willing to stay in the bed -with Sandy, of course, then by all means! That's perfect, though to be honest: I'm not giving up my bed to Will and Mac." She smirked, "Besides if we end up back in the barracks with the rest of the hunters then there won't be opportunity for you to walk in on them; Mac is not really one for public displays, I'm kinda surprised she let it get that far in the living room. It had to have been Will's idea."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie had half laughed at Williams comment in regards to their 'date night', it had turned into a rather sad line of events that only made her half the night hadn't happened at all. Brendan returned but she didn't move from where she was, still leaning against the table; she had no will to move until she needed to. Franklin's bag for her still remained in the chair beside her, but she doubted greatly she would ever open it. Everything she had wanted when she left was in her car, what was within the nest were items that Franklin or the nest members had given her over years, she hadn't felt like any of it belonged to her rightfully.

Brendan spoke of a mission for the gods heading out tomorrow and gave a slight frown, she wondered at who he had assigned, since it has clearly not been herself or William, but the man continued on to speak about the Council wanting her to leave. She knew it would come to it some day; most of the Council had known her in her youth, pre-Borseti before she had started hunting, or immediately after her release from the nest, when she first started hunting. They all seemed to have one of two views of her: a child unable to take care of herself, or a child to be pities because she had to take care of herself. She was neither of those things. She knew William would not want to expose what she was to the Council, and she would convince him otherwise. She wanted to stay, as much as she hated to admit it, it was safer inside the walls than out on the road.

She was dreading where Brendan was headed with the conversation about Franklin. She was all too aware of how little Vitae liked his nest and vice versa; she couldn't blame either side. She knew the Council almost constantly sent hunters into the nest's territory to hunt, and the nest turned them back slightly broken. She had no intention of answering Brendan, she knew what ever she said, good or bad, would come out sounding insolent, though she frowned when he mentioned Borseti, uncertain what Franklin would have had to do with it.

Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back