• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
8uA8ZNI.jpg

The pack, now released from Pan's bonds, were free to return to the forest as it was prior to the gods interference. It had been and odd and slightly unpleasant evening for them. The Hunt itself had been welcomed, but ultimately it was entirely confusing for them. To begin Pan had introduced another Werewolf Alpha, one that had come from the colony; but not only this, one that carried the scent of one of their own. Had Pan's powers not held them at bay three of the wolves whom were among those during the Hunt would have outright killed the Alpha, or died trying. Malcolm, Brody and Douglas all recognized Skye's (Mac) scent on the Alpha. To Brody and Douglas it could only mean that another wolf had moved in to claim part of their family, someone they had been hunting for for decades, but Malcolm, level headed as he was, had seen the potential in this union. While he would never leave his Alpha, Émile, it had the potential to bring union to two packs and make them stronger for the days to come. Trouble was: where was his pack? They had only come across the scent of one other wolf, one that had been attacked earlier that week by a local pack, and none other.

They reconvened within the woods, Émile checking over those in his pack that had been lead by the other Alpha. He was disappointed to find they had been injured during the Hunt. Douglas had taken a makeshift spear through his chest, and though it would heal with time, it gave him an awkward lope. Brody's eyes was healing, he could see from it once more, but it would also take time to heal entirely, and if there was another pack on it's way, it certainly would not do them well to have Brody, one of his toughest fighters, sidelined. Without need the pack knew Émile's orders. Douglas returned to the packs current home, a camping ground a few miles into the woods, whilst the others fanned out through the woods, wanting to track down the Colony Wolves.

Mac found her boots and stuffed her feet within them, carelessly leaving them untied, but a quick frown told Ashley the woman knew she had been disarmed in her sleep. She watched Mac turn a glare at her and Ash raised her hands defensively. "Listen, one day you're going to stab yourself, or me." Or Will. "In our sleep. I'm not interested in bleeding out, thanks." Mac ignored her as she recollected her weapons and strode out the door of the bedroom.

Ashley was not far behind her, collecting her med-kit and slinging it over her shoulder, neither aware of the result of the Trial, she knew that Eli would likely need medical attention and Mac would too if she got too close to the god.

Mac was exiting the house as she spotted Chase headed towards her, at least the man looked better, even if he was still limping slightly; he no longer wore the borrowed scrubs so clearly he had been released from whatever medical care he had been provided. "Have you seen Will?" She called to him as he approached, but she paused. Sense's clearing she was suddenly aware of another god; Thanatos. Dark eyes turned towards the colony gates, she wasn't waiting for Chase's answer before she start to run.

Brendan had heard Pan's announcement. The Trial had been a failure, and despite Elijah's efforts he had scummed to Pan. The citizens of Vitae were near panic but Brendan was quick to quell them. "Rest easy, Thor has made his promise to us." He cleared this throat and did his best to recite the words he had given them earlier. "Þórr, heyr bæn mína, því að ég er í hættu."

Crono Crono Alator Alator

Pan was going to allow the Colony to collect Elijah before continuing but considering their fear he thought it prudent to act now, " Rest easy, Vitae. Through the noble efforts of your effort Elijah, my heart has been swayed and I have decided to open my home to y-" Pan's head suddenly whipped over to the tree line as he felt his enchantments break. He may be weak, but he was still a god. Nothing should have broken that warding! That's when the Wild God sensed it. The aura of authority that only accompanied one human in history, "Solomon...." Pan muttered to himself before turning back to the Colony. " Ahem, as I was saying you are free to come and go without fear from me and mine. However you should be warned. The werewolves are preparing."

Hypnos appeared beside Elijah for a moment before both he disappeared into the mind of Elijah. In Elijah's near death state Hypnos would do just as he had done for Mackenzie, construct a perfect fantasy world for Elijah. A place where he could truly be happy. Thanatos knelt down next to Elijah's body and whispered something to Elijah, " Your pain will end soon."
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

Crono Crono St. Boethius St. Boethius NanLia NanLia
Alex huffed and crossed her arms defiantly. "I could ask you the same thing, wonderdog. I'm getting my "fix", as you so insensitively called it, from the wildlife." When she was teleported, yet again, she cursed all the gods she could think of. (She didn't know nor care which one teleported her.) All of a sudden, a solid 'Thwack' was heard. Alex turned to see the aftermath of Chase's punch. Slowly, she clapped three times, each a sharp, sarcastic sounding pop. "Nice going, Fido. You feeling mocho now?"

((I know Alex is being a bit of a dick. That's just because she's annoyed, and that's just how she is. And.... no Kyle right now.... don't know what he'd be doing other than being disoriented and sick.))

Will's eyes flicked open to a canopy of trees. He lay still for several moments, staring upward at the tangle of branches and a small pocket of open early morning sky beyond. Birdsong and wind through the the leaves were the only sounds in the clearing other than that of his shallow breathing. He sat up, quickly, memories flooding back to him. The Trial. Pan. Elijah. He'd been on his way back into Vitae when... something had happened. Pan had "changed" him. He didn't remember the details, but the pain... that much he remembered with perfect clarity.

Looking down at himself, Will frowned. He seemed to be uninjured, not to mention completely naked. Modesty, however, was the least of his concerns. His prosthesis was missing, leaving the stump of flesh below his knee on display. He stood up slowly, balancing himself on one leg precariously. Between that and his leg, he nearly fell back to the ground. He glanced back up at the sky, noting the position of the sun. He knew he couldn't be far from Vitae, he just hoped he didn't get lost in the woods on the way there. He hadn't been at the Colony long enough to become acquainted with the forest surrounding it. With a sigh, he began hobbling back toward Vitae, using the trees to support himself.

Elijah admired the mirror-like sheen on the sword's blade before returning it to its sheath and setting the weapon back on its rack atop the mantle. The fireplace was filled with a modest orange blaze, providing plenty of warmth in the room. Outside, a typical London shower poured against the window. Most would consider the night dreary, even bleak. Not Eli. He'd grown tired of the constant rain growing up in London, but if nothing else it reminded him of home. Sighing contentedly, he glanced at the open textbook sitting atop the rich mahogany desk he used for his university work. It could wait for now.

Hypnos would make no appearance within Elijah's dream. The deity would just continue constructing the dream world around Elijah's home. The larger and more established it got the less work there was for him to constantly make it real. Though simply using his memories of London made his job much easier. After all, unlike Mackenzie, it's very unlikely Elijah will pull through his injuries. So there's no point making an appearance. His Shades would provide the people within the world, but now it was time for Hypnos to make a decision. Fairly soon Elijah will put the discrepancies together and realize it's fake. Should Hypnos suppress Elijah's memories? All this considered it would take a miracle for the man not to die today and that wasn't his brand of miracle. So Hypnos would also begin suppressing Elijah's memories of the past. Leaving him only to think about the future. The Shades would help explain any other discrepancies.
Safton Safton

With the enhancement destroyed Solomon couldn't help but smile. It seemed like his own abilities were progressing quite well. And going off the look of the sigil the forest is a Greek God's domain. Well there are only a handful of actual nature gods in the pantheon so Solomon was prepared for the confrontation when it would happen. However he didn't have that many metal vessels if he was going to use his namesake's form of binding. Eh he had a silver plated dagger he could use to start.

large.jpg

Chase had been walking without purpose for a while when he'd watched Mac exit the group's home, his sudden outburst had since passed for the most part and he'd calmed. She looked rather disgruntled before asking about Will, to which Chase had shaken his head as Mac didn't stick around for an answer. "I assumed the two of you...were together."

Only then did he realize the sun was coming up and the trial was meant to be over. And here they were all running around without a Thor or Alaric in sight. Chase stepped quickly up onto the porch, hearing a little rummaging inside and saw Ashley scooping up a medkit. Having a feeling she was about to follow after Mac he decided to just out with the question he felt he needed to ask. "Ashley, why aren't you two at the mess hall? And...did you tell anyone about the you know what back there?"​
NanLia NanLia

Thor walked up to the glass box, still in awe. He put his hand on the box and carefully opened it, he let his hand slide down to Mjölnir, now gripping it firmly. The triquetra on the hammer began to glow with a soft blue light, as if the hammer itself came alive again when sensing it's master's presence. His entire being came alive as he felt the hammer's touch, with his body emanating a brillant blue light that lit up the tent as if it was a mere meter away from the sun, with lightning sparkling all around him. The light started disappearing, and the tent felt darker than it had when he had first come in there.

If it had only been a prayer, and not the phrase to summon him, he might have missed it (as his mind was still racing). Looking at Sibéal, he said "My presence is required elsewhere, but remember, whatever you need, if it is within my power to grant it, it will be yours.". With a snap of his fingers, a bag of asgardian coins appeared on the floor. Thor was gone the very next second.

Thor did have what he was looking for, so he technically did not have to go through with the bargain, but he was now in an incredibly good mood, and he felt like helping. But to avoid confusion, he magically concealed the hammer. He then appeared behind Brendan "I take it that the trial failed?"

NanLia NanLia SynKast SynKast

Last edited:
Ashley frowned as Chase appeared suddenly in the door way, he had returned but Alaric hadn't? She looked over his shoulder to see the red haired hunter making a break for the gates and could only imagine the trouble she would get into. "Hypnos had Mac in sleep coma thing, I couldn't move her. She woke up when the sun rose...." She paused, after his second question but slowly shook her head. "I didn't say anything, yet. I came to find Mac, she would know if we could trust your.... friend, or not." Her voice as rather disdainful, she did not agree with allowing the vampire to remain in the colony. Good or not, it was one of the things they hunted. One of things that had destroyed plenty of decent homes, and families. Ashley had no like for supernatural beings; mortal or otherwise, the only one she seemed to tolerate was Alaric, and really why wouldn't she idolize the messenger of god?

"You want to keep talking, we need to get after Mac, before she does something stupid... again." She was pointing past Chase towards the front door.

Brendan frowned as Thor suddenly appeared within the REC center, much where he had been previously, the man whipped around to face the god and did his best of offer a placated smile on his features. "Yes," He said, knowing much of Vitae was now watching and witnessing. "Elijah failed, Pan will be take his -" He paused as Pan's voice echoed through the mess hall interrupting him.

"Rest easy, Vitae. Through the noble efforts of your effort Elijah, my heart has been swayed and you are free to come and go without fear from me and mine."

It took a moment for Brendan to fully grasp what Pan was detailing. Elijah may have failed, but his efforts had saved the colony. A true smile traced over his features and he turned to his people. "Vitae!" He shouted, bringing full attention forward. "Davenport has saved us!" The people of Vitae cheered, and clapped, but as much as Brendan was happy and thankful for the mans efforts, he knew it had come as a great cost. They had lost a hunter today, and there would be his memorial held at dusk, as they did for any of their fallen hunters.

3ZaGAuq.jpg

Malcolm had traced Brody and Douglas's scent back to where they had last been with the Colony Alpha, knowing this was the best way to pick up his trail and follow him where he would go. The scene was empty, as it was to be expected. Pan had claimed his prize and like the rest of the werewolves from the Pack, presumably the Colony Alpha Wolf had been released as well. Assuming he would make his return to the gates, Malcolm trailed the Alpha's scent back through the woods. He was surprised to find that the Alpha had not gone far. In fact the, now man, was honestly only a few meters from where he and Pan had taken the colonies chosen down. He regarded the man from the depths of the woods calculating. He certainly fit the scent markers of the Alpha he had encountered the night before but this man was ...broken.

He thought he had erred, and as such he trailed the scent back to the scene, retracing his steps, only to return to the same man, now only traveled slightly further than where he had left him. He was confused and annoyed by his presence. If he were a great Alpha, as he presented himself to be during the night, then why was he not whole? How could his were-self be unbroken and yet... No doubt Pan had something to do with this. He moved on wards, ahead of the mans path towards the colony and came across something odd in the brush. Knowing then what it was, the mans prosthetic, he considered for a moment what to do. If he left the man in the woods as he were Brody or another pack member would come across him eventually, probably killing him off without second thought. Malcolm had other plans, however. He collected the prosthetic in his maw and padded back towards there the human had been traveling.

The human was loud and cumbersome, very easy to track from a fair distance as he moved through the woods. Malcolm waited until he reached a point where he could easily be seen, but not reached before making himself known to the man. He climbed atop a fallen log, some distance from the hobbling pan and dropped the prosthetic. It rolled and bounced down the ground, through the underbrush until it skidded to a halt only a few feet away from him.

Mackenzie made it to the gates to witness Pan laying Elijah in front of Vitae's gate. Anger filled her. She hadn't the time! She had wanted to corner Hypnos, make him turn over the secrets of the chain, but it was too late. She didn't stop her run until she was within feet of Eli. She came to his side and dropped to her knees; she was certainly no medic, but she could tell the man was still breathing, broken as he was. "Alright, Eli." She said quietly, "We got this. If I can come back, so can you." Where the hell is that damned angel with you actually need him? She was quickly assessing his wounds, the worst being the puncture though his abdomen. Tearing apart part of his shirt she was stuffing the material against the bleed, turning to shout over her shoulder. "Ashley-May! Get your ass over here!"

Crono Crono Alator Alator Safton Safton St. Boethius St. Boethius

large.jpg

"Friend is a strong word." The reply rolled off his tongue with ease, nodding towards the door so that they could move and talk. This was an easy way for Chase to get some possible insight for how Ashley would react or feel towards his own secret, so he was going to take the chance while he had it. So for Chase the conversation stopped being about a vampire on the colony and more about him, because honestly he didn't know nearly enough about the vampire girl to make these assumptions even if he was speaking about her. Moving out the front door he huffed, briefly peering over his shoulder at the blonde. "So you're telling me that even if she does no harm to people, hunts the creatures that do, you'd still rather see her dead rather than living and potentially doing good?"

Not long afterwards however did Mac's yelling reach them as they neared the gates, "Don't wait up." Chase waved Ashley forwards to leave him behind. She needn't wait for him and he wasn't going to try and sprint, instead Chase was taking in the sight of Pan and eyeing up the scene ahead as he neared at the slower pace. The werewolf was worried for Elijah since the man was arguably the first hunter to accept him rather than try and kill him on almost a whim, there was a small connection there as there was with Aurora. Sure there were a few others who knew, but they'd all been prepped and spoken to beforehand. Eli had literally been tracking and hunting him. It wasn't like Chase could do anything to help medically speaking anyways. And whilst Pan had spoken that the colony was to be spared it didn't mean he couldn't change his mind.
NanLia NanLia St. Boethius St. Boethius Safton Safton

William froze in his tracks as he heard something rolling down an embankment toward him, crushing brush in its path. His eyes scanned for the source of the sound, seeing the disturbed branches and vegetation. He steadied himself against a nearby tree, muscles tense as the culprit emerged from the brush... in all its metal and polymer glory. His prosthesis. He normally wasn't one to complain, but he knew that the leg certainly didn't seek him out. Someone was stalking him. His gray eyes shot a glare up at the surrounding treeline, scanning for any sign of movement at the top of the embankment. Nothing. No sound beyond the wind through the branches... the birdsong had ceased, as if aware of a predator nearby.

Slowly, Hendrix bent down to grab the leg. He frowned; it was slightly damp but seemed otherwise unmarred. He quickly socketed it into place, pausing periodically to check his surroundings. It had been a while since he'd felt this vulnerable: naked, unarmed, and furiously trying to attach his second leg. After finishing the task, his hand went to a fist-sized rock in the nearby underbrush, clutching it tightly as he stood up and continued on his way. His gaze never stopped scanning the trees around him.

Elijah nearly bumped into his mother on the way out of the study. She gasped, bringing a hand to her chest and laughing. "You scared me, dear."

Eli grinned. "Sorry. What's Dad up to?"

The woman scoffed, albeit jokingly. "Toiling away in his office, same as always."

"Ashley-May! Get--"

Elijah paused at the distant, almost ethereal sound of a young woman's voice that seemed to drift through the halls of the mansion before disappearing as soon as it had come.

"Eli? Are you all right?" his mother asked, a concerned frown on her face.

"I thought I--" he started, before shaking his head. "Never mind. It was nothing," he leaned in to plant a kiss on her cheek. "I'll see you at dinner," he said before taking his leave.

NanLia NanLia
St. Boethius St. Boethius

Brendan watched as his people were now headed for the exits, it was still a few hours off until breakfast would be served, but he was going to speak to the other council members about leaving the Mess Hall open all day serving instead of dedicated meal times. He imagined people would be exhausted and returning to to bed, himself included. He gave a nod to his wife and son as they departed for home, his three grandchildren trailing behind them groggily.

He returned his attention to Thor with an appreciative smile. "We thank you for your promise kept, however it seems our chosen Alpha has won the heart of the god. We won't be needing your assistance, but I am certain Alaric will still honor your deal." The angel had been trust worthy thus far.

Alator Alator

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley gave Chase a quizzical frown at the way he commented on the vampire, if she wasn't a friend of his, how could he know to trust her? They walked towards the gates, and the direction Mac had headed at the pace Chase could maintain; she noted she would offer to check up on his injury later: if it was giving this much trouble moving then it may need more medical attention than the clinic had offered.

"So you're telling me that even if she does no harm to people, hunts the creatures that do, you'd still rather see her dead rather than living and potentially doing good?"

The question gave her pause for various reason but she gave Chase a rather blatant stare. "One," She started, holding up her index finger, she had a list. "How would you know she does not harm, hasn't harmed or won't harm anyone in the future? She's a vampire, they're soul-less eating machines. Two, why on Earth would she willingly hunt her own kind? I'd feel like that would kind of make her a target for all sorts of unnatural beings, right? Three, I said nothing about killing her. If she doesn't hunt humans, like you seem to believe, then she would never get found out by hunters, right? She wouldn't leave a trail of bodies, thus no reason for one of us to catch her." She gave a shrug. "I just don't want her here, where if she does decided to be what I think she is, she won't go killing children in their sleep."

She waited for his reply, she was curious for his answers, but they would go left unheard as she heard Mac calling her; their debate on the goodness of the vampire would have to wait. She turned towards the gates and started to jog, holding the med-kit tight to keep it from bouncing and jarring.

Crono Crono

3ZaGAuq.jpg

Malcolm watched the human a while longer, stalking him through the underbrush as he made his way, not at a faster pace, back to Vitae. He followed until the scent of the colony was strong enough so that he knew the human would be at the gates within minutes. He was confident that the human would arrive uncontested by the rest of the pack - none traveled close to the walls after the colony had put up defensive wards. Twice they had to work quickly to collect the narcoleptic pack members that strayed too close. Further Trial and Error proved anyone wandering too close to them with mal intent fell to the wardings. Malcolm knew he was safe enough, being this close; he had no intent on harming anyone within the colony.

Satisfied the human was safe from the pack, Malcolm turned to return to his Alpha's side to report his findings: the colonies Alpha Wolf was no threat.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie waited as Ash caught up with her and came to kneel on the other side of the fallen man. She knew Will and Ash would be the better team to keep Eli alive, but for the moment Eli's partner was missing. She could hear Ashley praying under her breath but she highly doubted god, any god, was listening.

The man was utterly torn up, so far as Mac could tell there wasn't an inch of him that wasn't bruised, scrapped or bleeding. His clothing had been torn and shredded in places and she honestly was impressed he still had anything to show for it. Ash took over where Mac's hands held the bleeding at his abdomen, Ash replacing the torn shirt with medical gauze. Mac shrugged out of her jacket and immediately tucked it beneath his head.

"Look for any other major wounds."

Mac followed Ash's instructions, pulling the remains of Eli's coat from his body but found nothing of significance. She worked downward as Ash continued to pack his abdomen, having discovered an entry -or exit would on his back; something Mac had missed. She traveled lower, leaving the shredded portions of Eli's pant on, she would at least give him that dignity. She was examining his legs when she found the gash on his right calf. She cursed, tugging his pant leg upward to expose the wound. It was deep and still seeping blood. She soon found a packet of gauze tossed at her as he quickly unbuckled her belt and wrapped it around his leg just below the knee, pulling it taught to stop the flow of blood before grabbing the gauze and pressing it to the wound. She knew, for the moment, the only hope they had was stopping the bleeding enough to stabilize him for transport to the clinic.

Safton Safton

Thor nodded to signal that he had heard, like Brendan and the others, had heard what Pan said. What was said at the very end worried him however, which werewolves? What was he talking about. He turned his attention to Brendan again "Then I wish you good fortune in the future, farewell." And with that, he was gone. But he did not leave for Asgard, no, he would not let that innocent colony be preyed upon by a pack of filthy dogs, and as he did not feel like tracking them down, he might as well ask someone who already knows where they are.

The forest god was by no means hard to find for someone like Thor, and Thor appeared in front of the god. He would not need to introduce himself seeing as he was hard to mistake, especially for a fellow god, even a lesser one. With a smile he said "Hello Pan, I hear you've been rather busy as of late.", though, the smile never reached his eyes. Toying with humans had never been a sport that Thor was particularly fond of.

NanLia NanLia St. Boethius St. Boethius

Last edited:
large.jpg

As Chase got closer to the scene there was an instinctual low internal groaning growl from him which he kept quiet and stifled. Elijah smelled of many things from his trial, one of which was Werewolves. He'd caught their scent before in Mac's car when he'd first arrived in Vitae. Chase watched as This prompted the thought of Why? Why were they involved in Pan's trial and were they working together? Maybe the Wolves had purposefully woken Pan in an attempt to coax this whole event to destroy Vitae, but the colony had won thanks to one man.

Chase briefly scanned the far treeline before deciding to help focus on Elijah. He stood just a few feet away as Ashley and Mackenzie looked him over, Chase getting involved would only confuse things but he knew he could still be of use. Quickly he'd taken out his phone and dialed Joe whilst pacing nearby, "Dad. Get to the truck and drive to the gate as quick as you can." Chase made it short and Joe understood, the older man merely speaking the word Okay before hanging up.

Joe was closer to the area where the Toyota was parked than Chase was, and frankly Chase couldn't sprint for it. And they needed to get Elijah to the clinic. Plus with the streets cleared and most everyone at the mess hall he could be quick about it. "Is he alive?" Chase finally spoke questioningly, unsure if he'd even get an answer from either of the two women.​

cherry-jones-1-sized.jpg

"Outta the way! Move!" Julia Camden, wearing a wrinkled pair of scrubs, projected her voice in a tone that was well-practiced from decades spent in the Emergency Department and Trauma Center. It alone was enough to ensure that the small gaggle of Colonists who had gathered to stare at the scene at the gates scattered rather than risk the wrath of the unassuming woman -- petite and "long in the tooth" though she was. Upon hearing Pan's proclamation, she had gathered her medical supplies and dashed from the Clinic to the gates, intent on helping however she could.

She paused upon seeing Elijah, the two young women furiously working to save him. It was not a freeze of shock -- she had seen too much for that -- so much as a moment of clinical analysis, assessing the appearance of the wounds. Julia recognized the blonde woman who seemed to be taking the lead on Eli's treatment; she had some medical training and had been around Vitae for some time now. Kneeling down alongside Ashley, Jules asked quietly, "Can we move him? The Clinic is his best shot at this point."

Hearing a slow rumbling, the older woman glanced up to see a pickup approaching, nodding with satisfaction.

NanLia NanLia

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley was focused on keeping Eli alive. She only gave sparing glances towards Mac's work as she continuously packed and removed gauze within the wounds at his abdomen. At this rate he was losing more blood than he could produce, he would need a transfusion and she started to wonder if she really was going to watch a friend bleed out this week. The second Mac had his calf packed and taped -he'll be thankful later when he was still walking, minus his leg hair, she was dragging the Mac's hands to his abdomen. "Hold here." She was scrambling through her packs, searching for proper dressings.

A crowd was forming, hunters mostly, coming to see their fallen friend, no doubt, but Ashley was surprised when she heard a familiar voice parting the way. She had not met the woman, not directly, but working at the clinic, and being assigned as a medic for Brendan's teams meant she was aware of the other medical staff. She nodded to the woman as she questioned if they could move Eli. "Yes, he's stable enough." Eyes darted to the man Chase's truck towards them, she could kiss the man!

With a quick nod to Mac and Julia, between the three of them they lifted and carried the prone Eli to the truck's bed.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie watched Ashley climb onto the bed of the truck, moving to Eli's head to let it rest on her lap. She knew her partner well enough that Ashley wouldn't leave his side until she knew he was in the clear. Even if the staff didn't let her in while they were working, she would remain in the waiting room.

Mac's growing hatred for gods was far from dissuaded; between Thanatos leading Hypnos to massacre hundreds of people within New York, and now Pan using Eli for his own games, she had had enough of them. She knew the Runes from the office building; she was linked with Hypnos for better or worse and his knowledge passed to her. Understanding of things old and ancient, likely information she would never had known without being his Oracle.

There was work to be done. To start; she was going to ward Vitae to prevent gods from interfering further. Using all of the Runes would prevent their access, but she didn't want that, she wanted them to come back to Vitae. Instead intended on using a portion of the Runes, enough to diminish their powers within the colony itself. It would stop those like Pan from threatening them again, prevent Thanatos from killing them. It was worth it, so far as she was concerned.

She turned and recollected her jacket, hands bloodied, she turned towards Chase shaking her head slowly. "Ash has got him." She offered him a weak smile, but it never reached her eyes. "She's never lost a patient." It was an attempt at being reassuring, but her voice was pained with guilt. Once more being an Oracle, seeing the vision, did nothing to help them.

Safton Safton Crono Crono

large.jpg

Chase watched as the Toyota backed towards them and even had to usher a few people out of the way. Once near enough Chase threw up a hand and the vehicle stopped, Chase moved to open the back end and started folding in the back two row of seats to create enough space for the to lay Elijah down inside. By the time he was done the women had already started their way and loaded him inside. Back reference photo

Stepping away he looked at the side mirror on the drivers side of the truck, where his father was looking back. Chase gave a simple nod and Joe did the same in reply, it was a silent conversation. One that went along the lines of We will talk but it has to be later, for now we have to focus on the task at hand. It was just how they did things. Mac grabbed his attention away with a reassuring comment that put Chase only a little at ease. "Right. And Elijah wouldn't let himself be the one to break the streak." It was an attempt to reassure her back he supposed.

"Now what's this business with Will? He wasn't with you and I sure as hell didn't see him at the mess hall. Did you try calling him?" Chase let out a sigh and rubbed at his forehead, this place never seemed to catch a break.

202098-37b9d-56615245-m750x740-ub2732.jpg

After the brief conferring with his son, Joe had turned his focus to those in the back with head turned and twisted to see over his seat. "Ladies." He'd spoken with a quick greeting and smile despite the current situation. "If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Though my medical expertise is...limited." He wasn't shy to let them know he could do the basics of stitching someone up, fact was it was all Chase usually needed since his son could heal over a given time and hospitals did the rest. Once the pair had situated themselves along with the injured man he'd started driving, easy at first and eventually picking up speed. The back door would remain open for the trip to the clinic so that they could quickly and easily get the wounded man out which he'd of course help with since it was possible that the colony's clinic staff wasn't at the ready to help or even at the clinic yet.

Julia settled into the back of the truck with a brief nod of thanks to the driver. She situated herself across from Ashley and Elijah. The older woman's eyes never left the injured man, her eyes scanning over the work Ash and Mac had done before she arrived before concluding they had covered the bases; wherever the situation went from here, it would rest with the intervention at the Clinic. Reaching over to grab Elijah's hand, she turned it over palm-side-up and grabbed the index finger, pressing down on it. The color drained from fingertip, the redness returning at an agonizingly slow pace. Camden resisted the urge to mutter a curse. She shouldn't have been surprised that he'd be going into shock with how much blood loss he'd already sustained. She found herself hoping that their supply of blood packaged for transfusions would be enough.

Glancing up at Ash, she gave her best reassuring smile, projecting a tone that held confidence she didn't feel. "The team at the Clinic isn't big, but they know what they're doing. They're already waiting for us."

Elijah wandered through the library, running his hands along the wooden grain of the bookshelves. When he was a child, he imagined they were stocked with tomes on every imaginable subject. They had seemed so imposing back then, so... sacred. He paused, doubling over slightly as a sharp pain burned in his side. He lowered a hand to it gingerly, rubbing at it. It disappeared quickly, but he still found himself lifting his shirt to look at the unmarred skin all the same.

Will heard the sounds of Vitae before he saw the first sign of the Colony. He was sure he'd make quite the sight, lumbering out of the woods without a shred of clothing. As he emerged from the treeline, he made his way purposefully toward the front gate, hands raised to avoid any misunderstanding with the sentries. Even with the commotion inside, it didn't take him long to be spotted. Upon hearing the shouts of alarm, he called back, "It's me, Hendrix! Hold your fire!"

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence and Will found himself shuffling uncomfortably, eyes averted. His modesty was the least of his concerns; living in close quarters with dozens of other young men in the Army had dispelled that particular brand of shame when it came to practical matters. The embarrassment welling up inside of him came from where the eyes of the onlookers were fixed: his prosthesis was on full display, not hidden under jeans and boots. After what seemed like an eternity, Bart emerged, a large blanket in-hand. Tactfully glancing away, he approached and handed it over.

"Thanks," Will remarked, tossing it over his shoulder and wrapping it around himself. Bart nodded in reply, still glancing away.

"What the hell happened?" the man asked.

"It was the god, Pan. He... it's a long story," Will said, shaking his head. "Where's Elijah?" he asked quickly, his gray eyes flashing he stared insistently at Bart.

The man cleared his throat. "The Trial's over, Pan's given us a pass, but..."

"Where?" Will demanded, with more harshness than he intended.

"He's hurt, William. Pretty bad. Ash and the head nurse just carted him to the Clinic," Bart replied solemnly.

Without another word, Hendrix turned to dash into the Colony proper. Brendan and the Council could wait.

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

Ashley gave Joe a quick nod at his greeting and offer but for the moment she was far too stressed for small talk. She was re-assessing his wounds and what she had done to temporarily treat them over and over, trying to figure out if she had missed anything but could see nothing for the moment. She wished she had been there sooner, she should have been waiting at the gates for the trial to end instead of safely in the REC center with the rest of Vitae. If she had been there waiting, or even arrived earlier perhaps he would be responding better.

She looked up from Eli as Julia spoke and, like Joe, she could really only nod in response. "I know," She said after a moment. "You guys got Mac on her feet in record time earlier this week." Though she was fairly certain part of it was Macs stubbornness, she was now hope Eli was just as bull headed. "I'll come in a donate blood. I'm a universal donor, type 0."

Mackenzie looked to Chase quickly with his first question about Will, a flush rising to her cheeks considering the implications of his question. This was certainly not the time! But he continued, thankfully, and that embarrassed look on her features would turn to guilt. "I don't have a cell phone." She said rather sheepishly. "Or this number." What lame reasoning.

Her attention was drawn to the gates and the Officials reacting to something, someone on the outside. Moments later Will was rushing through only wrapped in a blanket.

"Jesus," The man looked distraught and she could only imagine why, given his current state and that of his partner. "Were you out all night?" She shook her head, dismissing the question, there were more important thing. "Eli is at the clinic, Ash is with him." She knew it wouldn't do much to reassure him of his partners wellbeing but at the very least he would know Eli was not alone.

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

Sibéal smiled as the God had been reunited with his source of power. Though, it slowly faded as he had instructed that he had to leave. It was always sad to see a god leave her hearth. Yet, she knew they'd eventually return. They always did, as it was her hearth that was one of the few placed in Midgard that was safe for them to reside without the worry of being harmed or attacked; and now that she knew that Odin had been killed by Lucifer, it would seem a safe place would be exactly what the Gods needed.

With a loud CLANK! of the leather pouch full of Asgardian coins hit the floor, she was quick to pick it up and hold it against her chest. The power they radiated was warm and comforting. It reminded her of the time she had spent in both Valhalla and Fólkvangr where she herself had been hosted by the Gods after having helped them put Surtr back into his slumber. It was indeed a treasured memory as it was then that she was officially taken under Odin's wings and was taught how to be the Völva she was now.

After stashing the coins away in a more-than-safe place, she walked outside of her tent where she'd hopefully be reunited with Aurora. A warm smile on her face.

Nidelia Nidelia

large.jpg

Chase decided not to comment on the fact that Mackenzie's lack of cell phone or Will's number. But before he could pull his own out to give his a try the pair spotted the man himself headed in their general direction, wrapped in a blanket. Mackenzie was quick to greet him and speak of Elijah's location, but Chase's eyes narrowed in confusion at the scents he was picking up from Will as the other man neared them. Not only were they of the same wolves as what he got from Elijah but one of those scents in particular was strong on him. Which meant Will was somehow involved in the trial and wolves, and yet he was uninjured not to mention Chase didn't smell any wounds or blood on the man. It was an enigma indeed. "Rough night?" Was about all he could muster, rather than just stare quietly the entire time.

"I'll join you." He'd stated after Ashley spoke on donating blood, "I'm O-negative as well, and I'm sure they could use all they can get." As the Toyota neared the clinic Joe slowed, pulling off to the side so the back was near the front entrance of the building. To his surprise they were indeed ready and waiting like Julia had stated, there was a pair waiting outside with a gurney watching them stop. Joe switched the vehicle off and slipped out and rounded his way to the back of the vehicle as everyone started to carefully move Elijah onto the gurney. Joe decided to keep his distance and keep out of the way and once they'd started rolling him inside Joe followed after them.

Julia began coordinating with the other medical staff that rushed to meet them, gurney at the ready. As the group loaded Elijah onto it, Camden began rattling off the pertinent information about his wounds, calling out for someone to prep a transfusion. As Elijah was carted inside, Julia turned quickly to Joe and Ashley. "I think the team has got this. We'll do everything we can for him. If you'd like to wait in the lobby, Javier will help you with the blood donation. For now, I have to go scrub in." She said before turning on her heel and rushing into the Clinic.

Will clenched his jaw, nodding. "It was Pan. I must have pissed him off, or maybe it's his idea of a joke," he remarked, his tone harsh. "He--" Hendrix closed his eyes, letting out a deep breath. "He turned me. I was a Wolf. No bite, nothing. I almost killed Elijah. I don't remember much, but I remember that." His eyes lowered to the ground. "How bad is it? Did Ash say anything?"

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley watched with dread as Julia and her staff took over the care of Eli. She had been hell bent of following when the older woman told her she could wait in the lobby. She bit her lower lip, but nodded stiffly as the woman turned and left her and Joe standing out front of the clinic. She turned to the older gentlemen, and offered a tight smile. "Thanks for your help, and Chase." She hadn't met this man before, but she could make assumptions of how to the two knew each other. They were likely hunting partners, and probably family. She briefly glanced behind her towards the way they came, having expected to see Mac following at a distance but was slightly surprised not to see her.

She gave Joe a quick glance. "Guest we better get in here, at least I can do this to help him." She knew the staff here out ranked her by far for medical care, she had made it to her third year of medicine but that certainly did not qualify her above the care of a registered doctor, and certainly not one as capable as Julia. She turned and headed into the clinic, being part of the staff she immediately fell behind the nursing station to wash the blood from her hands.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie stiffened when she heard what Pan had done. "He what?" William had been among the wolves in the hunt, been forced to hunt his own partner. It this moment her decision was final, the gods that screwed with them were going to be forced to submit. They would bend to her will; first among that list was Hypnos. Once more her god, the god that made her an Oracle had fallen back on his word. He'd promised to protect those of Vitae and instead he had groveled and vanished. Hell, he'd even given into her selfishness and delivered her peaceful sleep. This was her fault and she would make amends.

"Ashley has him." She said firmly, she wanted nothing more than to start on her work immediately, but she had far more pressing matters. "He'll be fine." She said with confidence she wasn't sure where she had found it. She traveled the short distance between them, offering her coat to put over his bare shoulders, small as it was, it was still better than nothing. "Common, let's get you home, and we'll go see him, alright?" She glanced to Chase, uncertain how well he knew Will, if he would follow with them or not.

x9n23ag.jpg
DCNSJgT.jpg

Malcolm found his Alpha as he, too, was searching through the woods, Brody at his side. Upon Malcolm's arrival, Brody was dismissed to Run.

Once alone the two wolves regarded each other, Malcolm making it clear to his Alpha what he needed to communicate could not be left to interpenetration. They Changed, Émile far more swiftly than Malcolm. Though both were close in age, Émile was natural born. He had been Changing since he reached puberty, where as Malcolm, while still considered a Pure Bred, had only turned the first time in his thirties. Émile waited for his Beta to Change completely, arms crossed over his muscular chest, salt and pepper hair wild. He slowly shook his head as Malcolm came to stand at his full height.

"How is it each and every time we Hunt or Run you always turn back looking like you've never been a miss?" As it were, unlike Émile, Malcolm looked as though he had just dressed for a day at the office.... minus the clothing, of course. Both men chuckled but they knew the answer already. Malcolm was once human, he still held their ideals, in some cases. Where present ability was at the fore-front of human concerns, Émile had been born a wolf to other wolves. Social etiquette was a far different to him and those like him.

"What do you have for me?" Émile asked, sensing Malcolm's hesitation.

"The Alpha we ran with last night is no threat, he does not have a pack."

A growl from the Alpha caused him to down case his eyes, even as a human Émile's presence was commanding. He waited in silence until Émile spoke again.

"How do you know this?"

Malcolm didn't raise his gaze from the forest floor. "He's human, not wolf." He stated, then cleared his throat. "Pan's influence changed him, for the Hunt. He's close to Skye, if we could-"

"I am done losing pack members to your child." Émile already knew where Mal's train of thought was headed. "If she doesn't come willingly to us, she doesn't come at all. I will not have une loup sauvage in my pack. How many must we lost to her before you see this?"

Malcolm grit his teeth but couldn't prevent the defiance in hi voice. "The Vampire broke her."

Émile regarded his Beta carefully before continuing. "If she comes to heel willingly, she will be accepted."

Malcolm gave a short nod of understanding, nothing more to be said on the matter, both men started back into the woods to continue their Run. Changing as they went to return to the rest of the pack.

*The above conversation was entirely in French.

Crono Crono Safton Safton

Will accepted the coat as Mac draped it over his shoulders, pulling it tightly around himself. "Thank you," he said. His tone was quiet, but sincere. Part of him wanted nothing more than to go straight to the Clinic and do something -- anything -- to help Eli. But he knew Mac was right. Ash knew what she was doing -- she had proven that much on the night they met. Between her and the team at the Clinic, he would just be getting in the way, even if he wasn't as fatigued as he was now.

It was a better idea to return to the house, at least briefly. The decision didn't bring Will any comfort or relief -- he hated feeling so useless -- but logic won out. He nodded to Mackenzie and Chase, starting toward the house before pausing and turning back to them. "There's something you both should know. The Wolves... I don't think all of them were Pan's. I'm not sure, but some of them looked and... felt familiar." He paused. "I think it was the Boresti Pack."

He felt an itch inside him at the mention of the Pack. William had an ulterior motive for returning to the house, something that couldn't wait for any of their sakes'.

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

large.jpg

Well that explains why he smells off. Still doesn't explain how that pack is involved in all of this. Chase huffed in thought, he didn't enjoy the lack of information and he knew there was something he was missing. Maybe it was truly as simple as Pan working with the wolves, and yet he'd spared Vitae. "These gods enjoy toying with us. It's getting old, but hey at least they bleed." He was a small perky smirk that crossed his face at the comment, "Well, some at least. Hypnos's nose dripped gold after I took a swing." It wasn't necessarily gloating, and it shouldn't be considering he could have probably just been ended in the blink of an eye. But damn if it hadn't felt good after he'd calmed down. Just the thought got his blood bubbling again admittedly, he really needed to get out. And while Elijah was injured there was nothing pulling Chase's attention, well except Will's next comment.

Chase promptly crossed his arms over his chest, "The pack that took out Borseti back in the day right? Is it really a surprise that they were a part of this... werewolf alliance to take down another colony? But does that mean Pan's working with them?" Chase realized there was probably a different question he should add on, "You sure it was the same wolves you had a run in with?" Chase knew this himself already by scent but he didn't need that to show.

"No problem ma'am. When my son calls, I come running." Joe gave her a wink after dropping the big hint, he suspected that she didn't have any clue who he was or his relationship to Chase. Then followed her into the clinic and paused by the nurses station while she washed her hands, "You'll have to forgive me if I get this wrong but I believe your name is Ashley, though there was an Aurora as well." His head tilted in thought, staring off into space with an awkwardly sheepish frown before giving up on remembering any details Chase might have mentioned to tell them apart and Joe returned his focus back on the young woman. "My son mentioned you both when he told me about that mission in New York he got dragged into." His tone wasn't accusing, merely making small talk for the moment as well as making sure he wasn't mistaken on her identity. It could also serve to keep her mind busy and not constantly worrying about the injured man who she seemed to be friends with, and who Joe suspected he knew the identity of as well.

GxQZJgl.jpg

"Ashley." She confirmed, drying off her hands and tossing the towel into a laundry bin. The clinic seemed almost barren at that point, most of the staff either retired to their respective homes or in surgery working to save Elijah from his wounds. She found it pleasant to know that father and son hunted together and both still lived. Of all the Legacy hunters she had met, none of their families were still arrive. "Well." She said, fisting her hands and placing them on her hips. "Looks like we might be on our own for the donations, you trust me?" She asked with a laugh. She had always been taught to be a pleasant host, and though the clinic was not technically her home in any way, it certainly was where she worked and Joe a perspective client.

Regardless of his answer Ashley was already loading a wheeled cart with what she needed: oscillator, IV kits, blood bags and the various other supplies. "We can go in and sit in the better chairs." She gave him a devilish smile. "They won't notice, I promise." The truth of it was, the clinic was almost always empty of patients. Given the majority of Vitae's population were hunters or from hunting families they were used to tending to their own wounds. Really only those close to death only ever arrived at the clinic for care. "I never got your name," She said as she pushed her cart from behind the nursing station, "Or should I just call you Chase's dad?"

dx0HE3H.jpg

"I think it was the Boresti Pack."

Mackenzie froze. Dark eyes wide as she watched William, vaguely aware of Chase's comments following, something about making gods bleed and as interesting as that prospect was, there were greater concerns. If Will was right, if it were Borseti confirmed then she knew who else would be among them. Her brothers, her father. Uncles, Aunts, cousins. Those that had been taken and turned when she was a child, here again. Her chest tightened, panic rising. Every instinct within her told her to run. She felt suddenly trapped within the walls of Vitae. When it had been an anonymous Pack, just wolves doing what they do, it was easily work against them. To plot and confer about killing them off, taking them down.

She had never had the strength to take out any of them before, her immediate family that is, those that she could recognized Changed or not. She was suddenly uncertain if she had the will to do it now. "How were they familiar?" She asked quietly. If he had been a wolf and had been interacting with them, he would have had the heightened senses of a wolf, would he not. They were family, and she knew enough from her interactions with them in the past that she and they had the same scent to other wolves. It had often caused and got her out of trouble, confusing wolves that were not part of the pack directly, but knew of her family members within the pack.

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back