• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
adelaide-main-jpg.453133
thor.jpg
Thor nodded steadily, taking a single step closer to the psychic. "Relax, Adelaide -- keep your mind still." He raised one hand, his forefinger extended to come into contact with Addy's forehead as the woman closed her eyes. The contact seemed to sizzle with electricity as the god traced a series of perfect lines with the same grace & speed of a fencer maneuvering a sword. Were the lines written in ink, they would have connected to form a visible series of Norse protective runes.

Visible or not, Addy felt the hairs on her skin rising, goosebumps forming. Thor paused, bringing the entirety of his hand forward to envelop the top of her head. His lips moved, uttering a series of foreign words that could barely be called a whisper that seemed to carry to Addy's ears on an invisible wind. Adelaide felt a warmth in her chest, not uncomfortable but instead rather calming as a slight jolt of electricity seemed to course through her veins. The chant stopped as soon as it began, the deity drawing his hand back. "It is done," he said with a small smile.

Addy opened her eyes wide, glancing around the room briefly before breathing a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Thor," she said sincerely.

Emile nodded as Chase delivered to him the word that he lacked; at one time he had felt uncomfortable with the process, knowing well enough that he had a clear and evident language barrier. Over time, however, the gap had lessened and his English had certainly improved (or so Morgan and Chase had told him) and it was simply expected that the latter would fill in the parts that he missed. Chase's scowl and commentary didn't dissuade him in the least; he was very aware that the younger wolf would attend the meeting no matter what the Alpha had said - truth be told it was this sort of attitude that Emile loved the most about his partner; his independence and fierce desire to be something that 'just part of the pack'.

He sighed deeply when it came to questioning if Missy would be 'ready' for this sort of interaction; it was something he had debated himself but with the insistence from Bart he pushed forward. "Her Grandpere want her part of le meute, want her to have a name wit us. He want her to feel safe now," He shrugged slightly. "I do what he ask; if he think it good for her."

Emile paused as Chase went on to question what his feelings were. "Axious?" He said with a slight smile but took a step back to lean against the back of the couch. "Vitae make me nervous, like they rabid wolf. They scared et scared human do terrible thing." Of course Emile would never express this to anyone besides Chase and perhaps Malcolm; the last thing the pack needed was to know their Alpha may have doubts. They had been served a prime example of what happens when humans get nervous: they still had Thomas to handle with no true resolution in sight. "Our god is dying," He said slowly. "He can not protect fully - that why Pan could touch us. After he gone ... " Once more he shrugged. "No many god want to protect thing like us. I worry." He knew this was likely the first Chase had heard about the decay of their god, Manitou, but until now Emile hadn't been certain of the fullest extent of the problem.
Crono Crono

Morgan watched, with quiet curiosity, as Thor applied his spell to the witch. Seated where she was she couldn't sense or detect anything actually occuring save for the god touching Adelaide. Much like when Addy used her telekinesis she didn't know until she saw something moving. It was awe-inspiring and odd to watch the events unfold; she wasn't used to not seeing, hearing or smelling everything around her and that something could elude her sense's made her al that more interested in the mechanics behind it.

Whatever the god had done it was clearly concluded as Addy thanked him.

"Not my best work, but it will keep you safe and out of reach for now. If I had my full strength it wouldn't be a problem." Thor paused as the front door opened admitting both Mackenzie and Ashley-May. "I will be going, for now, to gather my strength; if any of you are in need call for me, I will hear you and return."

Mackenzie frowned as the god disappeared from sight leaving Addy standing alone in the hall. "What was that about?" She had been aware of a 'presence' within the house on the way up the steps - more than just the wolf in the kitchen. Being a Prophet wasn't too far from being an Oracle, though clearly this status granted her new, slightly different abilities; like being able to determine who was supernatural and who was not.

Ash shrugged and gave Mac's hand a final squeeze. "I need to gather a few things for you to take with you to give to Chase and Missy. I'll be quick." She winked at Addy before turning to head down the hall towards her room.
Alator Alator Safton Safton

William Main.jpg Elijah Main.jpg
William and Elijah's conversation had since wound down as the two agreed that there was little they could do to further look after Adelaide: their trust would have to be placed in the witch's abilities along with Morgan and Thor. As the two began to take their leave, a voice called out to them and both turned to see Tara approaching. Elijah gave the vampire a small smile. "Hey. Sure, we've got time. Everything okay?"

adelaide-main-jpg.453133

Adelaide smiled at Ashley-May as the woman moved into the back. She turned her attention on Mackenzie, hesitating briefly given Morgan's presence before deciding to speak up. "Are you nervous?" she asked quietly before scoffing at herself. "Stupid question, of course you are," she said with a shake of her head. "I hope things go well with Missy. For what it's worth, I think it's good -- what you're doing for her."

Tara smiles, shrugging a bit. “I’m well enough. Gin wanted to talk to you guys in the library, if that’s alright. I think she needs help with research or something. Also, she’s really on edge, do you guys have any idea why?” She asks. She’s pretty concerned for the kid.

Tara has Benny spending most of her time with the other vampires recently, still trying to get closer to them. Unfortunately, that means she’s missed a lot of stuff that’s been going on with everyone else.
Safton Safton

97a5f300329e3eeb07ff1096bd239ea4.jpg

Chase gave a small defeated shrug on the subject of Missy. Bart was her family and he was in charge when it came to his granddaughter, and he knew the man wouldn't push her into anything she didn't want on purpose. Seeing that Emile started leaning on the couch with a planned longer conversation, Chase opted to lean his right shoulder against the nearby wall of the cabin and cross his legs some to settle in. Agreeing with Emile's anxiousness, so to speak, about the colony. As much as it felt like things had worked out and they were allies now, it still hadn't been the most conventional approach, and not everyone was happy with the outcome. Though his face contorted into a confused curiosity when it was stated that Manitou was dying.

With the Hunter kind of work you have an understanding that not all gods are forever but it was still a surprise to hear out of the blue like this. It clearly worried Emile more than anything currently. Without the protection of a god the pack was far more susceptible to anything the First Sin threw at them. "I went my whole life without the protection of a god, as far as I'm aware, and I'm still kicking." Chase smiled at the other man, knowing the gesture of trying to be lighthearted right now was of little value. But Chase understood there was a difference because he was one man, and this was a whole pack, he wasn't a target, but the pack is. "Do you think this has something to do with the First Sin?" It wasn't exactly a stretch to think Manitou himself had been targeted, but it could also be that the god had just reached the end of it's lifespan.

The Werewolf had been aware that Emile had for the most part, skirted around answering his question. Chase moved off the wall, walking up to Emile and placed one hand on the side of his face so he could turn it and lean in to place an affectionate kiss on the mans left temple then pulled back slightly. "Don't think I didn't notice you dodged my question, but i'll leave it." He spoke while still smiling, not wanting to force Emile into a conversation he wasn't interested in having. Mac coming to the pack bothered the Alpha more than Chase realized. With that he moved to lean against the couch beside Emile rather than returning to the wall.​
NanLia NanLia

Emile huffed softly hearing Chase call him out for avoiding his initial question; he had hoped to bypass it entirely. His opinions, no matter what they were, meant nothing when it came to the health and wellbeing of his pack. He couldn't personal when it came to decisions for the betterment of his people but it was clear Chase knew him better. "I don't like it." He stated simply. "I don't want her here, near my pack. She dangereux. Violent." He had witness enough bloodshed of his people because of Skye, and he certainly believed she would kill again, truce be damned. "She only come because Bart et Mal ask for it; they think she will change, mais...." He trailed off, shaking his head; he knew better.

"Wit Manitou soft the First Sin can see us." He looked over the man sitting next to him, he leaned in to bump his shoulder against Chase's. "You will have to teach us how to be wit out, oui? Manitou do not speak to me, only wit Shaman when he can - he not tell us why he die, only that he do."
Crono Crono

Morgan remained quiet within the kitchen, Adelaide between herself and Mac; she knew better than to speak now. She could sense Addy's shift, a subtle change in her demeanour and voice. She wasn't a fool, she knew it was because Mac was notorious for kill her pack members, trying to kill Brody. She was a successful hunter, in that none of the pack had managed to defeat her.

Mackenzie nodded at Adelaide's assessment. "Nervous isn't the word." She said smoothly, she didn't move from the front hall, aware of the wolf within the kitchen. She knew Addy trusted her, she kept her distance. "Terrified." She said finally, giving Addy the word. "Of them and ... myself. I want to see Missy, I want to help her be something more; be something other than what I am."
Safton Safton

william-main-jpg.457299
elijah-main-jpg.457300

Elijah pursed his lips at the mention of Ginny being on edge, Will offering Tara a sympathetic smile before speaking up. "Maybe. Something happened to Adelaide and Mackenzie... the First Sin got inside their heads. Or tried to, in Mac's case. It shook Addy up pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Ginny went through the same," he said quietly. Despite Ginny assimilating well within Vitae and Tara taking over duties as her de facto caretaker, Will still felt somewhat responsible for the young Djinn's well-being. She had been through a lot and it was hard to forget the image of the scared girl in the kitchen of the Rec Center. "We've got time to see her," he turned toward Eli, who nodded.

With that, the two men stepped forward to follow Tara toward the library.

adelaide-main-jpg.453133

Adelaide nodded her understanding, stepping over to gently place a hand on Mac's shoulder. "I get it," she murmured with a reassuring smile. "For what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing. Missy needs you... and I think maybe you need this, too?" She cocked her head. "Besides, you'll be with Will and Chase. You're not alone in this anymore."

Tara doesn’t really understand why the first sin would have any interest in Ginny. She sighs, deciding she’ll ask the girl herself, leading the way to the library. Ginny looks up as she sees them, and smiles a bit. She waves to them, and gestures to the chairs she pulled over for them. “Thanks for coming over to talk to me!” She says brightly, trying to make the table look like less of a mess. “Sorry, so many things…”

She sighs, wishing she was better at this. “So, Jon asked me to do some research, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. He wants me looking into Reapers, Hades, and Thanatos, specifically.” She says, hoping they’ll be willing to help her. “I have no experience with any of them to work on, and I’ve never really done research on anything before.”

Safton Safton

Chase listened as Emile spoke and gave a nod of thanks, glad that the man was being truthful with him. He wouldn't have pressured the Alpha about the topic but Chase would admit it would have bothered him some. The history between Mackenzie and the Pack wasn't one so easily put to the side, that much he knew. "Most hunters say the same thing about Werewolves." Chase added in softly, locking eyes with the man from beside him. Dangerous, violent, inevitably a threat no matter how much they tried not to be. "So we try and show them we aren't, doesn't always work out. That's why it's worth it to give her a shot to show that maybe that's not all she is." Chase stepped away briefly and returned with Mac's journal, holding it out for Emile to take. "It might have been a small act but she made the first move, that's worth an inch of give I'd say."

The man took his position up against the couch once again, "You're a stronger man than me, that's for sure. I couldn't ever work with Thomas, or invite him to be near those I care about." The situations were different but on a basic level they were the same. Thomas killed Chase's family and Mackenzie had killed Emile's. The younger gave a teasingly irritated look when bumped into and told he'd have to teach them how to deal without a gods protection. Not that he felt he had much advice to give. Chase always had Joe and they'd never gotten mixed up on the god business. The pack was on the First Sin's most wanted list, and without Manitou they were going to be vulnerable. "It's easy. Just stay out of trouble." Chase's lips curled into a smirk that bled into a smile over time.​
NanLia NanLia

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie nodded slowly as Adelaide suggested that the evening with the pack, specifically with Missy, would help her too; she knew it would benefit them both in the long run but still felt a gnawing panic in the pit of her stomach. Knowing that Will and Chase would both be there helped and hindered her feelings. Chase she had always been stand offish with - ever since she had discovered he was a wolf hiding in plain sight she hadn't trusted him. It wasn't his own fault; she knew the truth of the matter, knew that the pack was here to help. She understood that there were far worse things out there than the wolves she had believed were trying to hunt and kill her. It was an entirely other issue trying to keep herself calm enough long enough to relax. She knew Will's presence would likely be soothing but the fear of him being hurt - or worse.

She glanced down the hall as Ash emerged from her room, as promised she hadn't been long and returned with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder. The woman nearly bounced everywhere she went and Mac really didn't see how a person could be so damned happy all the time.

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May slowed as she approached Mac and Addy, raising an eyebrow at her partner before turning to the witch. "What's with the sneer?" She dropped the pack at Mac's feet but didn't bother to explain what was inside - that was for Chase to discover. "Really Mac you can't be showing up tonight looking like that; they're going to think you're there to do harm and not help." She joked, given the smaller woman a little nudge and only getting a growl in response. She watched Mac pick up the duffel and turn towards the door. "Alright, Bye!" She called after the angry hunter before the front door slammed behind her.

"Alright, well. Now that that's done." Ash said sliding her palms against one another. She looked past Addy to Morgan in the kitchen before turning to the latter. "Any plans for today?"
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile took up the journal Chase handed to him, looking over it as the younger wolf spoke. He knew he was right, which annoyed him to acknowledge. He looked over Chase as he spoke about Thomas and not being able to work with him. There was a significant difference between Thomas and Skye, Emile had to admit. Skye never purposely came after the pack or it members once Douglas had given himself over to them. She had been fleeing and them perusing - or rather Brody and the few he could convince to follow. Skye hadn't killed any pack members that hadn't had her cornered and even then they had died of their wounds after she had fled; she had never remained behind for the killing blow. Not at least until Franklin had her. After being with the Nest she had changed and it was then that Emile had stopped Brody and anyone else from seeking her further.

Emile purposely frowned deeply, but playfully, at Chase. "You sure you only 29?" He asked, raising a brow. "I feel you old. Trés vieux. Too old to know what you know." He stood from the couch, journal still in hand before turning to face the younger. "I have you know: I do not date older men."
Crono Crono

Will Looking.jpg Elijah 5.jpg

William gave Ginny a patient smile, leaning against the side of a nearby table as the girl scrambled to clear her own of a veritable mountain of reading material scattered haphazardly across its surface. Despite her obviously being flustered, the Djinn seemed as positive as ever. Elijah smirked too, arms crossed, though his expression was one of wry amusement. As Ginny spoke up about her concerns, Eli nodded as Will turned toward him expectantly.

"I think I have a few books on the relevant lore that Vitae might not have access to, I'll go grab them and we'll see if we can't sort something out together," he said, nodding to the three of them before ducking out of the library.

Will stepped forward to grab the chair across from Ginny, pulling it out and taking a seat. "How have things been? Are you settling in okay? I'm sorry I haven't been around to check up on you lately," he said quietly.

adelaide-main-jpg.453133

Adelaide watched, bemused, as Ash saw her partner off -- Mac clearly displeased with the state of affairs. As the door slammed shut and the bubbly blonde turned on her and Morgan, Addy couldn't help but smile. "You just missed Thor -- he dropped by to help out with a spell, something to protect my mind." She sighed, shrugging. "Other than that... I just need to finish packing. I suppose I--" she paused, glancing at Morgan with an embarrased smirk, "...we will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Boston. The Seal won't wait forever."

Ginny nods, watching Elijah head off, but her grin falters a bit at Will’s question. She lets out a long breath, releasing some of the forced energy. “I’m just trying to keep it together at this point.” She says softly, looking at her notes. “I don’t understand why heaven chose me for this. Or why Jon chose me as his aid. I feel like maybe a more stable person would be a better choice… or at least someone everyone could trust, you know?”

Her smile comes back, and she lets out a breath, determined not to get too drawn into the panic attack she knows will hit her eventually. “I mean, given Thor’s reaction, heaven didn’t consult the gods on this, so I’m pretty nervous about the meeting with Hades… that could he really awkward.” She chuckles nervously.

Tara looks so confused. “I’m sorry… what happened?” Ginny groans softly. “Right. Communication. Not my strongsuit. So heaven decided that there needed to be an Oracle for all of the gods… and Mac decided that should be me… for some reason.” Tara just stares at her. “Oh what the fck.” Is all she can really think to say at the moment.

Safton Safton

What started as a compliment quickly turned into mild sass, this caused Chase to snort and laugh whilst rolling his eyes. "Alright Fluffy it sounds like you're ready for your nap." He mused with a smirk, teasing at the mans age since he wanted to use that as the topic. "I know the younger spry one's who give you a real run for your money are your type." Chase wiggled his eyebrows a little before giving the man a slap on his arm as he slipped away and around the couch. "In other words you're calling me wiser than even you if you claim my insight is that of an older man. Guess that means I'd do your job better." Chase had a knowing grin on his face, well knowing he was pushing and reaching at this point.​
NanLia NanLia

3SijZSx.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Ashley-May's smile broadened hearing Addy discuss her future adventures. "That's right!" She exclaimed, reaching out to take Addy's hands and squeeze them. "I'm so excited for you! Both!" She called out over Addy's shoulder as Morgan slipped off the counter and headed towards them. "Please tell me you guys are going to do more than just hunt in Boston." Ash wasn't going to take no for an answer. "The second you have a chance you need to go to the corner of Columbus and Mass Ave. to Render Coffee. They are the bed. If you ask for Chad, if he's still there, tell him I say hi and ask for the special." She gave a wink to Morgan.
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile held his arm, playfully pouting at the other wolf after he'd been on the receiving end of the smack. He chuckled at Chase noted he'd be a better Alpha. "Maybe." He conceded, leading the younger towards the front door. Stepping outside he could see the pack was already 'hard' at work preparing for the evening. He knew that Missy being introduced to the pack brought them closer; it bonded them, closed the gap - or at least he hoped it would for her, as it had for Chase. He paused and glanced to his partner. "You think we invite Skye et William tonight?" He asked him honestly. "For the ceremony with Missy?"

He wondered then if it would be too much for Skye to accept though the thought was interrupted by the sight of Missy seated in a camp chair contently singing - even at this distance he could hear her quiet voice over the camp din. Bart had been put to work hauling this and than across the open grounds.
Crono Crono

will-looking-jpg.460683

William pursed his lips, listening as Ginny voiced her doubts. He couldn't blame her -- she was young but had already been through a lot in her life. She was no hunter; she hadn't asked for any of this. Yet she was suddenly burdened with enormous responsibility... and more than a few critical eyes on her. He watched the exchange between her and Tara, mildly surprised the vampire didn't already know, but said nothing until the two were finished. He looked Ginny in the eye, offering her a small but reassuring smile. "I trust you. So do the others. You were chosen for a reason: by Heaven, by Jon, by Mac. I know it's a lot to take on... but you're strong. You'll figure it out, and you're not alone in the meantime," Will said quietly, his smile broadening. "No one's expecting you to be a master at all of this. We're all figuring this out day by day... I still can't come to terms with being a Neph--" he cleared his throat, "...what I am."

adelaide-main-jpg.453133

Adelaide leaned back, eyeing Ashley-May with an incredulous smirk as the woman rattled on with her desire -- or rather, demand -- that the two take time for recreation in Boston. She chuckled lightly, shaking her head. "If we can fit some touristy sightseeing in between helping to save the world, by all means," she teased the woman lightly. She turned toward Morgan, "What do you say, jolie loup? This won't be like Vitae or even Borseti. It's the big city."

Ginny looks back at Will, trying to let his words soak in when every part of her screams that she’s too fragile and inexperienced to do this. She feels like she’s pulled taught, and close to snapping. She wants to scream, but she’s so scared about how people see her that she does her best to act like she’s at least stable, if not competent.

She runs a hand through her hair. “Thanks a lot for that. Really, it means a lot that you guys all trust me with this.” She says, looking down at her notes. “I don’t know how you guys function with this. Worrying about myself dying if I mess up is one thing, but there are so many more people now, and it’s driving me nuts.” She chuckles dryly. “Anyway, Speaking of death, should probably get back to the task at hand.” She says with a lopsided grin, trying to feed what she was looking at before they got here.

Safton Safton

Chase stared out at the pack as it was preparing for the night, curiously turning his head towards Emile before the man asked his question. He turned back to look out at the camp with a small huff of air as he contemplated it. Slightly surprised at the though coming from the Alpha considering where the conversation was just a minute ago. "Is it normal to have hunters as guests?" He asked curiously, wondering just how far Emile was reaching out of the packs normal. Despite the pack having it's share of human members and many of the Wolves being former hunters this was still an odd circumstance as far as he was aware. "Let's see how the meetup goes beforehand, then maybe let Missy decide." Chase spoke casually and gave a small shrug. Maybe Mac and Missy make some sort of connection considering they were family and Missy would be more comfortable with Mac there. His thought was also interrupted by the unfamiliar singing, Chase's eyes momentarily searching for the source before honing in on the girl.

If he was honest Chase still wasn't sure about Missy, and seeing the girl so...calm and happy was rather off-putting. From what he knew she'd been kept hidden and locked away from anyone other than her captors. That being said he suspected she wasn't exactly mistreated per say but still. This girl was not what he expected someone in her situation to act. Being introduced to the world for the first time, to strangers other than her captors, to other wolves. Chase expected her to be...more fearful or hesitant than anything because she wouldn't know any better. Yet there she was seemingly without a care in the world, as if she hadn't just been released from imprisonment not twenty-four hours ago. Maybe it was the fact that people said children bounce back quick, or something about being a Werewolf that helped ease her in to being comfortable...he couldn't say.​
NanLia NanLia

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile frowned slightly as Chase questioned whether or not it was a normal addition to have a hunter present during such a time. "Non," He replied quietly. "Mais she also famille too." He raised a brow at Chase; he knew where the question had come from - Skye was at odds with the pack and it's members. "She would be here if I let Mal go to Francois en Toronto." He nodded at the suggestion of 'wait and see.' of course if the woman and her boyfriend caused chaos and havoc in the pack while they visited it wouldn't be an option. He stepped in beside Chase, sliding his palm along his boyfriends and letting their fingers interlink. Emile leaned in close and planted a kiss on Chase's cheek. "Vien, we see how they doing, oui? Maybe le chef have some food?"

*****​

Emile wandered the campgrounds checking in on the pack - he had gone on a run with many of them not long before but he still liked to keep close tabs on his people. They seemed to be getting on well enough, he and Chase lending a hand where they could. Many were already packing for the trip back North; Missy was with them once more - their lost pack member, and some where anxious to return hom and see their families. It had been months now they were on the road, as it were, and Emile couldn't blame them. It did make him wonder if Chase were ready for such a thing. Leaving the place where his father rest. At least for the moment, Emile mused, he had no intention of heading North: he wanted to make certain the colony was well settled.

He visited with Missy for a time. The girl answered his questions reluctantly and refused to meet his eyes at any time. Bart stood protectively near by while they spoke. He didn't want to pressure the girl; she had spent months within the 'care'' of her captors. While he doubted they had physically abused her, being caged away from her family no doubt left some scars. He left Missy and Bart as he and Chase headed on to the men cooking. "Here." Emile said, nodding Chase towards the tables where food was already steaming. "I tell you they cook, oui?" He said, a jovial smirk on his lips. He pressed his palm against Chase's lower back, urging him towards the nearest pack member and designated cook. "He enjoy food from his ceremony," Emile explained to the confused looking wolf. "He want to know if you cook again."

Using Chase as a distraction, Emile slipped behind the cook to wander along the table. He soon found an empty tin plate and started to collect bits of food from the table, not caring how cooked. Despite the set up the cook, Charles, knew exactly what Emile was up to and seconds later he felt the sharp sting of a hot spatula across the back of his hands. "Aiy," He hissed, stepping away from the table, though careful to keep a hold of his plate. He skirted around the table, jogging a step or two away from the growling cook. "Come." Emile nodded for Chase to follow. "We go wait for Skye."
Crono Crono

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan smiled, nearly beamed as Addy questioned just how ready she was to visit the big city. She playfully rolled her eyes. "I've been to a city before. Uncle's boyfriend used to take me when he was away with the pack hunting or doing whatever they needed to do for Manitou." She came to lean against Adelaide's side, resting an arm over the witches shoulder. She smiled to Ash. "I mean I doubt the city we went to was a big as Boston is, but I'm excited to see ... everything." She was about to speak but paused as a thought crossed her mind. "What happens if there are other hunters there?" She glanced between the two women. "I don't mean agents of the First Sin, but other actual hunters?" The last thing she wanted was to endanger Addy for what she was.

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May could see, and practically feel, the excitement in the wolf as she spoke about going on the mission, when the woman paused, and the worry entered her voice Ash shook her head. "Not to worry; I'll call a few of our contacts out that way and let them know you guys will be in town." She winked to Morgan before glancing to Addy. "That way you guys can get some backup if you need it. They won't know everything but at least they'll know you guys represent Vitae and what we're about, okay?"

Ash toured the dinning room table setting out plates as she listened to the conversation in the living room go on. Dinner was nearly ready and they were expecting Brendan and Jon with both their wives to arrive. Ginny, Addy, Morgan and Eli discussed what they had come up with about Hades and his visit. Only Jon and Brendan were the remaining Council members still active in the community. Those remaining still within Vitae were still on the fence; undecided as to whether they should stay or go. At the very least Jon had managed to convince them to continue with their daily duties: checking on their segments and ordering anything they needed done within the colony or from without.

It was odd to consider that in a short time herself and Elijah may be joining the Council's ranks; she was excited for the opportunity - not to mention the fact that they were going to help her finish her degree and actually receive her credentials. She knew she didn't have much to contribute to the planning: she knew nothing about gods besides how to piss them off and she doubted greatly that would help here. With the last plate settled she turned to head back into the kitchen and check on dinner, turning up the music and humming along quietly.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie had made it back to the Beast in short order. Tonight was weighing on her and she hated that she had let Ash get under her skin. She dropped the bag for Chase onto the bed - she knew she wouldn't have to have Will check it over; Ash wouldn't ever send anything to hurt him. With Will and Eli MIA Mac went to sit in the cab and wait. She had started to read her mothers journal this morning but had been distracted by Will note. It has been a surprise to even hear that her mother had a second journal - the first had been a life source for her on the road, the surprise had turned to shock as she had read the first few lines to find it had been addressed to her, written decades ago.

She sprawled out along the bench with the windows down and the radio on low to continue her reading.

At some time Will had returned with an apology and explanation as to where he had been; Ginny had needed some help doing some research and she seemed well on her way now. She hardly heard any of it, simply re-reading the letter at the back of the journal. It had been tucked into the seam and hidden until she had finished the last pages.

Skye; to be opened on your 18th Birthday

Skye.

My beautiful baby girl. You are the single greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You are the reason I live, and the reason I fight. Without you I would have been lost long long ago.

We've kept you in the dark, a decision you father and I made when you were hardly even speaking but thought it would be for the best. Let you have a carefree childhood, grow up happy and not dreading the future.

By this time you would know the truth of it all. Malcolm is not your father, Alexi Sokolov is. At the time of writing this letter to you I don't know if he is still with us physically or spiritually. I can't predict the future, not matter how hard I try. If you have read the remainder of this journal -all written for you and no one else, then you'll know just how we came to this point.

I can only imagine how much you hate me for what I've done to you; sealed your fate and left you in the dark for it. For that I am sorry, please know it kills me every day that you don't know your father, your real father. He is a kind and sweet man; the greatest this world has ever known. He had my heart before I ever knew it. He was my other half and the greatest part of me through thick and thin; he kept me solid and strong.

I hope you can find this in Christopher and if not that then what I found in Malcolm. Malcolm is my best friend, my partner in marriage and in life. While we had an arranged marriage we grew to love each other in our own way. Your bothers are still your blood, I am still your mother and he has raised you as his own.

We have dark days ahead of us and the future in uncertain but no matter what happens know this:

I love you Skye-baby, don't ever forget it.

Will spoke again but she didn't hear him. It wasn't until his palm cupped her cheek and he turned her head to face him was she aware of what he was saying. "Mac, what's wrong?"

"Malcolm isn't my father."
Safton Safton

Elijah 5.jpg
Elijah sat alongside the others at the dining room table, idly discussing the upcoming visit of Hades, not to mention the issue of Reapers. He doubted any of the four of them had much left to say that would grant them any great insight into the situation. He had worked alongside Ginny earlier in the afternoon, poring over the mythology tomes he had alongside the young Djinn -- who was proving to be a quick study in her new role as Oracle. He glanced over toward Adelaide, seated close -- quite close -- alongside Morgan. He resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow at the sight, his mind flicking back to Ashley-May's "theory" about the two.

The thought fresh in his mind, he saw his girlfriend slip into the kitchen, the soft beat of the soul ballad soon increasing in volume. He excused himself from the table, standing up and striding into the kitchen. He saw Ash at the stove, checking on their dinner. He approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder. "May I have this dance, Miss Branston?" he whispered quietly at her ear.

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide watched Eli as he departed, smirking slightly to herself before turning to glance at Ginny during a lull in the conversation. "How are you holding up?" she asked quietly. "I heard the... the 'voice' got to you like it did me."

Will Looking.jpg
William paused, confused as he processed Mackenzie's words. His mouth opened to speak, but no words came. His eyes drifted slowly down to the piece of paper resting lightly in Mac's hand. Meeting her eyes, he reached down slowly to take it, waiting for some sign of protest. But none came. His eyes briefly scanned the handwritten letter before widening as he realized just what he was reading. As he finished, he bit his lip, laying the note gently down onto the dash of the Beast before kneeling down in front of his fiancee. He didn't know what he could say or do in light of this revelation, so he settled for leaning to embrace her gently. "I love you, Mac," he murmured. "We can talk to Malcolm about this -- if that's what you want. You deserve answers... the truth."

1525202696001-png.435068

Thor had gone out into the woods to rest and gather his mind before going back in the evening, several of the hunters would be dining and he had decided to join them, when not dealing with the suspiscions that he meant them harm he found human company quite pleasant. As he entered the house he noted that Adelaide, Morgan and the girl Ginny were seated, he saw Elijah holding Ash close in the kitchen and opted to leave them to it, and instead nodded a greeting to those at the table. He carried a bag with him that he had retrieved from the quarters he had used when he was posing as Edgar. As he placed it on the table clinking the sound of bottles colliding softly could be heard. While he began unpacking he explained in with a smile on his lips "Since the "beer" in America is littler more than water, I figured you would appreciate something proper..." He held up one of the bottles "I present to you, Rodenbach Grand Cru, it's Belgian beer that I precured in Roeselare.". With a sweeping gesture of his hand he caused icy wind to fly from it towards the bottles, magically cooling them, before doing the same with the bottle he held in his hand. With a flick off his finger he caused the cap to fly off into a bin and took a sip. With an amused smile, self-aware that he was just showing off at this point, he said "It's on the house."

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Ginny looks at Thor with a smile, still not quite over how she’s his Oracle now. Still, he seems a bit more lighthearted and calm than she would expect from a god of thunder, and she appreciates that about him. She looks at the beer bottle, considering that. “I’ve… never actually had beer. For some reason I just never took the time to.” She shrugs, reaching for the bottle. “I’m close enough to twenty one, screw it. I’ve dealt with enough to count.” She takes a sip of it, and coughs a bit, her eyes going wide. “Oh, damn! That stuff is strong!”
Alator Alator Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

The following hours were spent with Chase and Emile roaming the camp as the Alpha did his business, and they occasionally threw themselves in to help some of the pack members with various things. Inevitably they came to Missy, the young wolf looking more nervous than she had before. Maybe it was interaction or simply their general intimidating presence, it was hard to say. Either way Chase had opted to keep a smiling face when greeting the girl and through Emile's questioning in an attempt to put her at ease if possible. Eventually they moved on, deciding to leave Missy alone with Bart. Chase continued to wonder if the night was the best idea but he suspected she'd lighten up during the festivities. Admittedly he was wishing Morgan would around tonight, as her cheerful demeanor would probably welcomed by the girl.

The duo slowly made their way towards the delicious aroma wafting from the cooks area. Chase didn't immediately catch onto what was happening as he was pushed forwards, mainly because when Emile usually used him to steal food from the cooks it was far less subtle. This time however it was very obvious, though Chase certainly looked no less confused and blindsided the moment he was shoved face to face with the cook. The two of them eyeing each other in confusion long enough for Emile to get a jump start on the thieving, but they both caught on quickly and soon the Alpha was sent fleeing by the cook. Chase holding his hands up innocently as he backed away with a humored grin, catching up with the other man. "Honestly? I've never felt more like a piece of meat in my life." He told Emile in a joking attempt to shame the man, more amused by the fact that it was true. Chase quickly reached out to the plate in Emile's hand and snatched the largest piece he'd stolen and side-stepped while walking so it couldn't be taken back by the Alpha easily with a sly smirk. "My share for being the unwilling distraction." Not that he didn't believe Emile wouldn't share, but the largest piece was certainly the best looking of the bunch that the Alpha had grabbed and he knew it would be sought after.

The man bit into the food as they continued down the path. Chase knew they'd be the first to meet the pair when they arrived, potentially just outside of the packs area before moving in. Ease both sides into it basically, something he agreed with frankly. "You really must be nervous." He noted in a neutral tone. "You were off your game with how little you managed to get." Of course he had no doubt that Emile would blame Chase's poor distracting skills, not the he'd been aware he was a distraction in time to do anything about it.​
NanLia NanLia

3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May smiled as she felt Elijah's arms slip around her waist; his warm breath at her neck made her shiver. She turned within his arms, sliding her own up and over his shoulders. She leaned against him, letting her head rest against his shoulder with her eyes closed. It was simple quiet moments like this she enjoyed the most with Eli, letting her forget about the world around them and the seeming impending doom of their lives.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan watched with interest at Thor's arrival and Ginny's immediate reaction to the gods presence. There wasn't any doubt that the Djinn was an Oracle given how she had looked the direction the god had arrived even before he had been seen. She smiled but shook her head at Thor's offer for 'stronger beer'. "No thank you, won't do much good; metabolism is too fast." She glanced to Elijah as he excused himself from the table and headed into the kitchen, a light flush crossing her cheeks as she spied, momentarily, on their intimacy.

She swiftly turned her attention to Adelaide seated with her. "So, Boston..." She said turning the subject to distract herself. "Do you think we could see the ocean while we're there? I've never seen it..."
Alator Alator Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile rolled his eyes dramatically at Chase's commentary to the pack member. He growled playfully as the other man laid claim to the largest helping of meat he had managed to pilfer from the cook but didn't attempt to steal it back. "Maybe I bite you," He said after swallowing his stolen prize. "See how you taste?" With the food gone Emile folded the tin plate into quarters before tucking it into his back pocket. "I no nervous." He said definitely, pausing at the entry to the camp and where they were to meet the pair of hunters.

He faced Chase as the younger wolf approached. "It my terrible partner," He complained. "He too slow to keep up, alway a step behind." He raised an eyebrow as he spoke. "But he have good quality too: he do kiss good."
Crono Crono

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie watched Will's face as he read over the letter - the evidence was in the journal; her mother's notes, the pages written specifically for her to see and know herself. It was confusing to read over and at this point she wasn't certain she even wanted to know it - what was the point now to receive this, from Malcolm of all people, now? She shook her head at Will's suggestion that they speak with Malcolm. "No, not now. Maybe not ever."

It has been painful to read the journal on it's own, let alone the letter dedicated to herself from the mother she had eliminated as a child. Regardless of the senario she was the monster that should have been hunted - that had been hunted by the pack; though they were kinder that she had ever been. "We should go." She said softly, taking the letter and folding it back up, tucking it back into the journal where it had come from. "Or we'll be late."
Safton Safton

"Maybe I want you to." Chase shot back with a playful smirk at the biting comment as they strolled up to the entrance. The man claimed he wasn't nervous and maybe that was the case but he knew the man was far from being in a calmed state, the playful banter game was something they went into often and if it helped them relax then so be it. As expected he was quickly blamed and simply shook his head as the man both insulted and complimented him in good fun. "That's funny considering how when we go for run's you always seem to be the one lagging behind." Though Chase knew he'd meant mentally, but nodded at the compliment. "You aren't wrong, haven't had any complaints from anyone so far." He secretly found amusement in bringing up past relationships in an attempt to fluster or make Emile jealous, though his boyfriend didn't show it often. This however didn't stop Chase from giving it a go when the occasion arose. "Practice makes perfect and all that jazz." Chase shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.​
NanLia NanLia

elijah-5-jpg.463018

Elijah let his hands rest on Ashley-May's hips as she turned to lean into him, swaying lightly along with the music. He was vaguely aware of sounds of renewed conversation in the dining room, but was content to ignore it for now, utterly at ease in the moment despite the circumstances Vitae found itself in. "Addy and Morgan seem awfully close in there," he murmured with a smile, knowing Ash would be all too happy to engage in gossip about the two.

adelaide-main-jpg.463023

Adelaide watched with a bemused smile as Thor entered -- bearing gifts, no less. Her eyes widened as the god made a show of chilling the beers, which were undoubtedly more expensive than any booze she'd ever partaken in in her lifetime. She followed Ginny's example, leaning in to take one of the almost icy-cold bottles. Focusing on the cap, her telekinesis made quick work of the thin metal as it obediently popped up from the mouth of the bottle and followed Thor's into the rubbish bin. The psychic took an experimental sip, raising her eyebrows in appreciation of the rich flavor of the dark beer. Thor hadn't lied; it was certainly stronger than anything your average American bar would keep on tap.

"Thank you," she said with a nod to the god of thunder, inclining the bottle toward him. As Morgan returned to her seat and spoke up, Addy turned toward her with a look of mild surprise. "In that case, we'll definitely have to make time," she said with a grin. "I've never seen the beaches in Massachusetts, but if it's anything like back home... you won't be disappointed."
will-looking-jpg.463025

William saw the conflict flash across his fiancee's face. He pursed his lips as she dismissed the subject, but didn't push it. The decision was hers and hers alone. He nodded before climbing into the Beast, beginning the short drive toward the Pack's lodgings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back