• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
CNAKtJZ.jpg
Morgan blinked hearing Adelaide's quiet, near whisper, admission that she was glad to see her, it took her a moment to process what truly had been said and she smiled to herself. Now wasn’t the place to discuss it further as it seemed they were walking into a war of several fronts. She stepped aside to join Brody as he watched from the sidelines - this was incredibly busy considering just how quiet the Inn had been in the few weeks she and Broday had been here.

Morgan stared at Elijah after he introduced Thor’s child to Adelaide like it was some sort of family reunion. She glanced to Brody who simply nodded like it was old news and she should keep up.
Safton Safton Alator Alator

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie’s nose wrinkled as the guest, for lack of a better term, attempted to calm her by calling her Bro. She’d been called this once before and Eli had to explain the definition of it - she was the furthest thing from a bro and she’d prove it if he provoked her enough.

However, before she could press the guest further Will was stepping in and attempted to reign her back in by introducing himself. She growled in the back of her throat and rolled her eyes. “He’s from Vitae but won’t say when or who let him in. He wasn't there at the end and I don’t know when he did leave. If he left before the pack, then he’s a threat to our friends. If he left before Desmond he’s a threat to all of us.”
Safton Safton

Kyle gave a wry smile to the newcomer. "This one, eh? Make a habit of killing off customers?" His eye twitched at the unexpected handshake offer, the only indication of a repressed flinch. He probably waited half a second longer than he would have in a normal situation before he finally took the offered hand. "Kyle."

Honestly, if he wasn't getting a full name, he wasn't giving one. He retracted his hand almost as soon as it made contact with Will's, fingers resuming their tapping. Giving a short huff, he grunted. "I done told you. Went through those gates  alone about... What month is it again?" He muttered as he ticked fingers down on one hand. "Enero, Febrero, Marzo..." He groaned, this time audible. "Don't have my calendar on hand. But was about 2 years ago. The Hartnells only really heard rumors, so I did the leg work on pinpointing. Left a week before the last evacuations. Parlour burnt down, otherwise woulda stayed longer. Still paying on that too." He honestly didn't care that he was rambling; he was too busy keeping his nerves from snapping.

Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia

rsz_adelaide_6.jpg

Adelaide blinked in surprise at the news that the visitor was -- in fact -- Thor's son. That explained the... aura he was giving off, vaguely familiar as it was and so much stronger now as she stood closer to him. Her eyes widened as the man turned to regard her, remarking that she "had magic".

"Um. I do, yeah. And it's nice to meet you, too, Erik. Your father was a good man," she said with a slow smile. "This is Morgan," she remarked, turning to nod toward the wolf.

Elijah 8.jpg
Elijah perked up as Erik mentioned that he'd been attacked on the way to the Inn, describing a fanged humanoid creature. Immediately his mind began narrowing down potential candidates, as that general description could apply to more than a few. However, his curiosity was sated soon after when the young demigod rolled up his sleeve to reveal small puncture wounds along his arm. "That was a vampire, all right. Reckon it didn't know what prey it had selected when it gave you that love bite. Where is it now?" Eli asked curiously, eyebrow arched.

William Main.jpg

William glanced between Mackenzie and the newcomer, Kyle. He fully understood his wife's recalcitrance about the young man. It wasn't hard to imagine a scenario where Adam sent a human sympathetic to their cause to infiltrate the Inn -- one capable of posing as a hunter and bypassing their wards. Even without that, it wasn't as if many of the original denizens of Vitae had been fully "on board" with the Pack or the Prophet. The multiple attempts on their lives by those who were ostensibly comrades over the years were proof enough of that.

Still, as William watched Kyle closely, he didn't see any immediate signs of deception. He wasn't a psychic like Adelaide -- even with his Nephilim powers, his ability to "read" a given person or creature were limited and unrefined to say the least. The man seemed potentially on edge. Frustrated? Absolutely. But fearful of having had his cover blown so early and being confronted in such a manner? Will didn't see it... not that he was beyond having Addy read the man later. For now? He had other ideas.

Hendrix cleared his throat, giving his wife a sideways glance and squeezing her hip slightly before speaking... in Spanish to Kyle. "Mi esposa es muy cuidadosa. Tiene motivos para ser así dado lo que hemos pasado. Nos tomará tiempo confiar en vos, pero por ahora sería mejor si mantuvieras vos mejor comportamiento. Espero que entendés." Will had been used his Spanish sparingly since coming to Arizona -- for the first time in years. He'd been close to fluency once upon a time as a teenager, thanks in no small part to his adoptive mother from El Salvador who had given him multiple lessons a week for years on top of his courses in high school. Despite his attempt to maintain some semblance of proficiency, he had gotten a bit rusty over time and cramming other more complex languages into his head while he was in the Army. Still, he was steadily getting back to old form and even now he could detect the hint of a Salvadoran accent he'd picked up from his mother in his own intonation.

My wife is very careful. She has reason to be that way given what we've been through. It will take time for us to trust you, but for now it would be best if you kept up your best behavior. I hope you understand.

Last edited:
CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan paused a moment as her mind cleared and she came to understand just who and what was standing before her. Demi-God. Not something she would have ever thought she'd come across and honestly hadn't thought it possible given she'd never heard of any existing except in historical writings. Then again, she was a werewolf, future Alpha of her pack, speaking with a witch, and could count herself among the very few mortals still alive having killed a HellHound.

"Nice to meet you," She smiled and nodded but made no attempt to extend her hand; she'd learned her lesson about how other supernatural beings were somewhat finicky beings. "I never got to meet your father, bad timing, but I've heard great things about him from the others, Addy included." The truth was she hoped that Erik didn't know if he knew that Thor had agreed to save the colonists from her own pack. Unnecessarily but out of context ... she wouldn't risk it. "I can get a room set up for you."

bTU0wF0.png

For the briefest of moments, Mackenzie thought her husband, partner, and soulmate clearly saw and understood what she'd seen in this visitor from their past. A threat. The potential of undoing all the hard work they'd put into their new home, the demise of their efforts to keep a low enough profile to not online survive but thrive, and continue to hunt and follow their ways but the second after he cleared his throat and started speaking in Spanish - a language she had no knowledge of, she knew he thought she was overreacting.

Rage filled her thoughts, heated her cheeks, and forced her to ball her fists beside her. She clenched her teeth so hard she thought she might break them as she hissed. "Osti de tabarnak de sacrament, de câlice de ciboire de criss de marde!" She forcefully shrugged his arm off of her shoulder, shoving his leg with her hip as she turned to stride from the table, cursing over her shoulder. "Tu ne veux pas prendre ça au sérieux, très bien. Ne pleure pas sur moi quand ça te mordra le cul."

On her way past the table she scooped Skye out of her seat, leaving Chase, Ash, and Liam to stare in confusion as she left to the back behind the kitchen doors, despite Skye's protest.
Safton Safton Indigo Knight Indigo Knight Crono Crono

Kyle listened silently, carefully shifting his leg off the bench and onto the floor. Before he could respond, the woman stormed off, hurling what he could only guess were insults at Will. "I don't think that was the right thing to say, dude."
As his eyes followed her out the door, he clicked his tongue. "All I wanted was a shower, something to eat, and a decent mattress. Of all the motels I could've picked, I had to choose the one with hunter drama." He slumped in a dramatic 'woe is me' pose, still making sure to keep everyone in the room in his sight.

1662064158925.png

Erik took a moment to answer, evidently surprised by the swift pronouncement as to the identity of his attacker. Though, given popular culture, it was not as if he had not imagined that it might have been one. Or so the young man at least attempted to give the impression of, inwardly it was hardly the strangest thing. He answered readily "I managed to throw him from the bridge we struggled on and ran for it, didn't want to be caught for murder, figured I'd have a hard time explaining to the police that he attempted to bite my arm off. No idea what became of him, I fear. They can die from falls... Right?"

As Morgan extended her hand, Erik shook it. Morgan had the impression that out of the gifts that had been passed down from his father, the lineage of the Norse god, physical strength had been the most obvious. Though no match for Thor's legendary strength, she could tell that Erik was attempting to be very gentle as not to break any fingers in her hand, coming across merely as a firm handshake.

Smiling a bit apologetically, he said after a brief paused "I'll admit to being a touch taken aback, but it is much appreciated. I don't think I caught your name?"

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

William Main.jpg
William flinched as if Mackenzie had wheeled around and physically struck him when he heard the sadly now-familiar Quebecois curses flowing freely from her mouth. He didn't understand exactly what she was saying -- he had made some attempts to hone his understanding of French and what passed for French when she and Emile spoke it, but was nowhere near proficient -- but he knew more than enough to pick out the choice words being directed at him as she shucked off his embrace before storming out with their wailing daughter in tow.

Will turned, jaw clenched, to face Kyle as he spoke. It was all he could do not to deliver a venomous retort. "Drama you've now contributed to, deliberately or otherwise," he remarked coolly. "Look, we'll be more than happy to accommodate you while you stay here. But remember what I said. Things are... tense right now."

Elijah 6.jpg
Elijah chuckled, thumbing his chin as the young demigod asked -- slightly hopefully -- whether the vampire who had attacked him was dead after he'd thrown him from a bridge. "While it's not impossible that it died in the fall, I rather doubt it," he said evenly. "Your full lesson can come later, but as a crash course there's only one surefire way to put one down for good: decapitation. And, as an aside, they're weakened by the introduction of dead man's blood into their bloodstream -- whether by ingestion or injection."

Eli suddenly whirled as he heard Mac's telltale voice hissing in a tone she reserved for those closest to her in Quebecois. The slang was lost on him, but he got the gist of the disapproving message and watch as she toted her and Will's daughter into the kitchen. "I should go make sure she doesn't burn the place down out of spite. One moment."

With that, he departed with a nod to follow Mac through the kitchen doors to see Skye, her face twisted into a frown as she was clearly considering a wail in the aftermath of her mother's sudden outburst. "What's wrong, luv?" Eli asked in a singsong voice, leaving it entirely unclear whether he was addressing mother or daughter as he approached them both and crossed his arms.

Kyle hummed contemplatingly, his fingers resuming their tapping as he straightened. He smiled tightly, more of a grimace really, letting out a short huff of a laugh. "Could I bug you to pull a chair or something? 'Cause you're towering like I just brought a date home after being attacked by ghosts. Actually... Wouldn't be the first time now that I think of it..."

Kyle knew he was trying to deflect the tension away, but even he knew it was a long shot. Instead of leaving it at that, he took a risk and asked a probably stupid question. "So. Desmond. What all happened with that joker? You're not the first group I've heard name drop. Though, you are the only group I've actually talked to... without the whir of a tattoo gun in the background."

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie fixed a dark glare at the kitchen doors as they swung open, half expecting Will to have chased her back here to try "to talk sense into her" or some such shit. Instead, she saw Elijah and was nearly as enraged at the sight of him. He approached and questioned her, though it was clear he was trying to pacify her (and/or her daughter). She ignored the question, dragging a bowl of fruit prepped for dessert beside the pissed-off girl. She immediately huffed her resignation and fisted a handful of fresh strawberries into her mouth.

"If you're here to tell him I'm being overly cautious you can turn your ass around and walk out of here." She growled at the Brit, fussing over her daughter's hair, tucking the unruly red curled behind her ears, less they get covered in strawberry too. "He was in Vitae, I know that, but he wasn't there when Desmond forced us out. So the question is, when did he leave?" She wasn't waiting for him to answer. "Before the pack arrived? After we aligned with them? What if he's one of that kitsune bitches army? They can pass through our wards. How long until Desmond is here too?"

She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "It's like he forgets I had to watch that happen for months before it did. Every time I fell asleep or closed my eyes I watched our home burn to the ground. Heaven doesn't speak to me now; we won't have another warning if it comes."
Safton Safton

Will Looking.jpg
William chuckled despite himself at Kyle's request, such as it was. Rather than oblige directly, he simply slid into the booth to sit directly across from the man. He sighed as he asked after Desmond, running a hand along the back of his neck. "Desmond is... a real piece of work. Long story short, his real name is 'Hypolyes'. He's a dragon. The Alpha dragon, as it happens -- Eve's firstborn monster. Long before vamps and wolves and even most demons. He's been gone for millennia and now that he's awake he's got a bone to pick, I guess. He's thrown his lot in with the First Sin. Burned Vitae to the ground like it was a matchbox instead of a warded colony."

Will sighed, drumming his fingers along the tabletop and glancing up at Kyle to gauge his reaction. "Now we're here, trying to pick up the pieces. And he's somewhere out there, too. Where did you catch his name before all this?"

Elijah 8.jpg
Elijah was crossed his arms, not speaking a word as Mackenzie ranted to him angrily. Instead, he listened patiently, giving Skye a small smile as the girl feasted on the fruit. As Mac finished, Eli calmly reached out to sneak one of the berries for himself. Skye seemed to narrow her eyes at him and for a moment her face scrunched up and he feared the girl might wail at the injustice at the theft so boldly perpetrated against her by her own uncle... but the moment passed and he all but breathed a sigh of relief as he popped the fruit into his mouth, biting into it and allowing the sweet juice to course across his tongue while Mackenzie watched him expectantly.

Eli took a deep breath. "William hasn't forgotten, luv. He knows full well what you went through... and he was there in Vitae to see the deed happen firsthand." He sighed. "I told myself I wouldn't tell you this, but... Will wanted to stick around. Confront Hypolyes, fight him off -- try to wound him. At the very least give you and Skye and everyone else a chance to escape. To this day I'm not sure how I managed to talk him out of it. I think he took it personally, you know. Being the Councillor -- he was supposed to protect those people in his mind. Hell, I think part of him still hadn't gotten over beating himself up over Pack Night despite the fact that it worked out for the best."

He gave Mackenzie a crooked smile, stepping around to sling an arm slowly around her waist to embrace her and Skye before lowering his tone. "I'm not saying that you're wrong. Honestly I'm not even saying that you should cut him any slack. You're right to be suspicious. We're hunters. We didn't get this far in life on luck, carelessness, and a plucky demeanor. But understand that Will's heart is in the right place." Eli paused, turning to glance out toward the kitchen, his tone thoughtful. "You see a wolf being welcomed amongst the sheep. Will sees a stray hound that just showed up on our doorstep... and maybe right now he's just deciding whether it's rabid." Eli shrugged. "Either way, it's an easier thing to accomplish with honey than vinegar."

Kyle pulled a face somewhere between a grimace and a scowl. "Fecking dragons, huh? They're still a thing? Everything I've read only said they're long gone." He shook his head, feeling frustration burble up at his lack of knowledge on that front.

Kyle huffed softly. "Can't say I know half the names of some of my clients. They prefer aliases for reasons I'd rather not dredge up. Safer that way. Alex would be a better ask. Though I can't, for the life of me, get her to answer the phone." He scratched his head while making an odd whining noise in the back of his throat. "There's a dude in Maine by name of Tyler Anderson that mentioned Desmond. This was, of course after Vitae burned. Didn't have good things to say about him."

Safton Safton

1666209552300.png

Erik crossed the threshold into the building, peering around. He turned to regard Adelaide, and asked "You would not happen to know what became of him? He guided me here, but I have not spoken to him for a long time. And how did you come by your powers? I -feel- it, but it makes little sense. I can tell what it is, but I can't fathom the way it works, if you understand what I am trying to say." The young man seeming determined to change the subject from the possibility that there was a very much still living, and pissed-off, vampire out there somewhere.

Safton Safton

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie continued to glare at Elijah as spoke his peace, she knew he was trying to pacify her, an attempt at making her see Will's perspective but all it did was deepen her rage. She could feel the heat of her ire building within her heart and soul, learning that he would have killed himself despite her months of warnings about the events to come. After swearing that neither would place themselves in the line of danger because of how it would devastate the other.

She gripped the edge of the metal table, her knuckles turning white under the pressure all to prevent herself from shoving Elijah away from her.

"Maman, mange?" Skye held a fist of squashed strawberries up between them.

All thoughts of rage faded as Mackenzie stared at her daughter, her first words-her first sentence!- an act of Skye trying to make her feel better She had wondered (and bet) with Will, Ash, and Eli which of their kids would speak first and what language it would be. Of the three, English, Spanish, and French, Mackenzie was surprised to find her mother tongue had won out.

She leaned in and ate the offered mashed berry with an over-enthusiastic "Mmmm! C'est bon, non?" And Skye happily responded with a nod of her own.

Safton Safton

Will Looking.jpg

William wasn't surprised to see Kyle's reaction to the continued existence of dragons. Most hunters weren't aware of the fact that they still walked -- or perhaps flew -- the Earth until Desmond had risen a year ago.

He nodded, slowly, as the man mentioned two names -- one capable of naming off his client list and the other who had clued him in about the dragon. Anderson didn't ring any bells with him, but then Vitae had had no shortage of colonists and associates. Alex, however, sounded vaguely familiar... Will hadn't known them personally, but he remembered Ashley-May mentioning someone by that name in Vitae in good tones.

"No surprise there," Will remarked idly in reference to the fact that Kyle's acquaintance hadn't given Desmond a particularly sparkling review. He pursed his lips, his fingers drumming against the table. The man's references, such as they were, checked out for the moment. Will would be checking in on this Tyler Anderson character, but for now he had no reason to string Kyle up or send him away as Mac would likely have him do.

"All right. I'm not going to tell you to keep your nose clean or watch your back or anything. You already know that much... though you might want to steer clear of my wife for the time being," he remarked under his breath. "If there's nothing else..." he slid out from the booth standing up to leave.

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide gave Erik a sympathetic look, deciding to address the less... sensitive issue first. "I was born with my powers, at least some of them. Many of the females in my bloodline are psychics, mediums, and what most call 'natural witches'. I was no exception. I learned to harness my gifts and refine them by learning the craft of magic and spell-work over the years." She sighed. "As for your father... he died, so far as we know. Mackenzie saw it happen. He fought Adam -- the First Sin, that is -- and..." her voice trailed off. "I'm sorry, Erik," she said softly.

Elijah 4.jpg
Elijah was beginning to sense that perhaps he wasn't getting through to Mac. He paused, considering how to shift gears or even give her some space in a tactful manner when, suddenly, a new voice interjected. Skye. He turned, giving the girl a bemused glance as she offered her mother the strawberry "puree" gripped in her tiny palm which Mac gladly accepted.

Like that, the tension in the kitchen evaporated. Eli grinned. "How about that?" he remarked. "A 'mama's girl' after all. We'll have her reciting Latin in no time, I'm sure. Isn't that right, luv?" he asked, reaching out to gently tap Skye's nose, eliciting a small giggle from the girl.
NanLia NanLia

Kyle nodded, getting the thinly veiled threat in Will's words. "Got it. Yadda yadda, usual hunter threats. Stay away from anyone who looks like they'd rather serve me FOR dinner." After a beat, Kyle reached into a pocket, pulling a piece of paper and a pen out. "By the way, probably gonna want their numbers..."

He scribbled three sets of numbers onto the paper. Two were labeled Tyler, while one remained unlabeled. "If he don't answer the first number, call the second and tell the first person to answer that bastard grey is there." He clicked his pen a couple times before continuing. "Alex's is the third. Don't save the number if you can help it. You don't want her drama on top of yours."

Last edited:
1669572780931.png

Adelaide's words appeared to strike the demigod as though a physical blow, Erik stumbling backwards under their shocking impact. Denial and rage alike washed over his features, even as he shook his head. The witch could sense his powers roiling within him at the sudden flare of his emotions, causing lights to flicker and dim, before bursting with sudden incandescence. Blue sparks of lightning flickered between his fingers as he closed his eyes, and there appeared to be the distant growl of thunder as though the skies were uneasy. The power that built within him was only a fraction of what Thor's had been, but it was alarming all the same. "No... He led me here... He is not dead... Only elsewhere..."

It was clear that he did not know what to believe himself, but clearly refused to take it as fact, holding on to whatever slim hope he had that somewhere, in some place far, far away, his father had managed to seclude himself. And in that belief, he was able to cling to the notion that one day, he might return and explain, to teach, to ensure that all his trials had not been in vain.

With a sudden wrench of effort, his heart hammering, the demigod forced himself to calm. The flickering stopping and the sudden onrush fading as he staggered sideways, leaning against a nearby wall. His jaws clenching and unclenching for a moment. When his eyes opened, Adelaide thought she could see the vague outline of a pale blue light behind his eyes, but it was so faint that she could have sworn it was never there.

"What is the First Sin?" Came his voice, Erik's tone one of forced calm.

3SijZSx.jpg

With all the fuss going on around them, Ashley-May managed to feed Liam to his content, despite the continued huffing that his best friend was not sharing his meal. Chase had excused himself once Mac, then Will had gone to confront the visitor. She hadn’t meant for her recognition of the man to have gone this far but she should have known that Mac wouldn’t stand for an unknown amongst them.

It seemed the conversation between Kyle and Will was wrapping up so she made up a plate of food and went to deliver it to their guest with a smile. “Sorry about the chaos but you know it yourself, this life catches you if you don’t pay attention.” She set the plate down and took the offered list of numbers and names. “I’ll take this - I’m more of the organized one among us. I’ve been keeping tabs on other hunters, trying to work out a communication system to keep us all in the loop.” She shrugged. “Hasn’t really caught on yet.”
Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan frowned at Erik. “Not exactly. Mackenzie witnessed Hypoles killing him in battle. Thor thought he could meet the dragon's strength but was surprised by his power. Hypoles is being backed by the Kitsune Alpha and her magic; we’re still not really sure how she has that much power without being linked to a demon or pagan god.

“He came back after that, but was weakened and then just disappeared. Like the other gods, he faded away. Adam is eroding them, somehow. We can’t get in close enough to know what he’s doing or how, but we do know that he’s slowly diminishing our allies. Isolating pockets of supernatural and hunters from one another and either converting them to his side or eliminating them.”

She shifted uncomfortably. “Vitae wasn’t Adam’s plan - the dragon thought that the sword of Saint George was hidden there, that’s the only thing that can kill him. We didn’t have it, and we still don’t know what made him think otherwise.”
Alator Alator

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie glowered at Elijah’s suggestion the child learn another language and Latin of all things. He knew very well that she had no desire for Skye to hunt or even learn about the supernatural until she was old enough to make the decision herself. She and Will had dedicated to one another that they were going to break the cycles that had trapped them both.

She also knew Elijah felt entirely different about teaching his Legacy child and while it didn’t matter for now - both were too young to learn anything but speaking and walking, the day would come when she and Eli would go toe to toe.

“She’s certainly not a mama’s girl. She’s saving her father’s ass and she knows it.”
Safton Safton

William Main.jpg
William arched an eyebrow as Kyle spoke up. He hadn't intended his words as a threat, at least not directly. More of a warning and tacit acceptance, though the message seemed to have gotten across anyway. He was reaching out for the offered paper -- a list of contact information for people who could vouch for the young man, apparently -- when Ashley-May stepped forward to snatch it out from under him, having apparently been listening in.

Will gave her a surprised look, but relented with a thankful nod. "We'll get there," he remarked quietly. He turned back to Kyle. "Enjoy your meal. I hope to see you around." With that, he turned to face the music, steeling himself with a deep breath before heading for the kitchen.

He stopped short as he felt a sudden surge of energy from across the dining area, whirling to watch the exchange between Adelaide and Erik with a cautious gaze.

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide's eyes widened at the demigod's sudden outburst, the flashing lights and distant rumble of thunder. But beyond all that, she could feel the power, different albeit familiar radiating off him and filling the space. A static charge heavy in the air -- like being outside minutes before a heavy storm. It was oppressive and staring face first into the wind as it buffeting wind, or refusing to turn away from the sun.

She raised a placating hand, her tone soothing. "I know this isn't easy, Erik. I'm sorry," the witch said softly. Whether her words helped or not, she wasn't sure. It felt like hours, but it was more like seconds before the young man finally relented -- his pale blue eyes the only sign of his divine parentage as he left her with a query.

Addy took a deep breath letting Morgan speak as she considered how best to follow up. "The First Sin... he's among the eldest of us. Humans, that is. The Bible named him Adam. Supposedly he is the origin of all evil in our plane. He has an army... not that he hardly needs one, considering how powerful he is, directly and indirectly."

Elijah 5.jpg

Elijah scoffed at Mackenzie's remark. "Fair enough. I know better than to doubt that," he remarked. He opened his mouth to speak further, but the doors to the kitchen opened to admit Will and he cleared his throat, looking between the couple. "I should see how Ash and the little scamp are getting on. Play nice, you three." With that, he boosted himself off the counter and strode from the kitchen, shooting Will a silent glance of Good luck as he passed him on the way out.

1671392148294.png

The pain within the young man's eyes flared fresh and raw, but his voice held steady as he took in the information, his head inclining as he heaved a deep breath. Fists clenched and unclenched, the evidence that this bit of news had struck the demigod like a wall of bricks. His eyes nevertheless held the glint of steel of one that only saw woes ahead and behind, and preferred to plunge head-first into his nightmares rather than huddle under the bed and wait for it to drag him out. Despite the roiling intensity of his disbelief and grief, some measure of calm was found in that this Mackenzie had not seen his second death. He said "Father often spoke of Asgard, though I have never seen it, with any luck... They have sealed it up. Though if what you say is true, that leaves us all, myself included... On the chopping block."

He paced, fighting down dread and silently invoking his father's name, a measure of calm returning. Though pitiful by comparison, he recalled the athletic competitions before his unnatural powers had begun to manifest, the hilarity in the difference between the consequences then and in the motel was not lost on him.

"I'm not a soldier, or a god, or a hunter... Even if the true meaning of the latter two eludes me. What I do know is that if this Adam has been driving out the Old Gods, then it is only a matter of time before their childen draw his ire. I don't have a realm beyond this world to run to, and I know precious little of what we face... But my father taught me enough that I understand this. I may not be able to use my full power, but one that knows magic, could do so. My father's people have a tradition, called blood payments. If this Kitsune has the power of some other entity that she can throw around in support of this dragon, and we can not kill the dragon. Then it follows in my mind that we better remove her. If you have the spells, my strength is yours to use. It is a touch archaic, but based on what you say, collecting that particular payment in blood might not be a bad thing."

His eyes swept over the two women, his jaw setting in an expression of bravery beyond what he actually felt. Perhaps a trait inherited, he appeared keen to throw himself into something that could work towards the slender hope that he might find the answers he sought.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

Morgan watched the demigod as he reeled in his feelings. She couldn’t help but be concerned that his outburst could have drawn the eye of other supernatural beings, both malevolent and benevolent to their existence at the motel. They’d been here some months and had very few encounters, she knew that was due to how distant they were from the small town and the wards Adelaide and Mackenzie had carefully placed around the perimeter of the property and then again in each domicile.

She smiled with appreciation as Erik offered to help them through blood payments. That was something she would leave to Addy and Mac to figure out as teacher and student to all things magical. “We’ll have to think on that further, she’s pretty elusive. We’ve had our pack and several others trying to track her and her followers down but it seems they have the ability to step out of existence… Hard to explain but some of the kitsune in Borseti that don’t follow her say that she can create an alternate world, or has access to an alternate world where no one but her followers can get to.”

She shrugged, she wasn’t the best to explain this - it would have to come from Brody, who bothered to deep dive into the kitsune problem. “That’s for later, for now, we have dinner waiting.”

bTU0wF0.png

Mackenzie expected Elijah to retort to her commentary about Skye protecting her father. She knew Skye’s motivation, even if half of what she spoke was gibberish. She’d spent the better part of the last year and a half raising her and Liam while Ash, Eli, and Will continued to work and hunt and she was on bed rest.

He was soon interrupted as Will stepped through the metal doors and paused as Elijah left them with a playful warning to be nice.

Mac watched William impassively in the distance, waiting for him to speak.
Safton Safton

Kyle relinquished the paper to the newcomer with a small frown. He tucked his pen back in his pocket before glancing at the food that was set in front of him. Turning his attention back to the woman, he plastered a fake, yet polite smile. "Of course. One hundred percent understood. However, as I was telling your friend, Will, I believe it was? Tyler can't exactly be considered a hunter, he's just a dude with a reason to keep an ear out for supernatural stuff. And Alex is, well not really MIA, but close enough. If you can get her to actually answer, kudos."

He stopped tapping his fingers long enough to scratch his wrist. "I promise, I'll be out of your all's hair as soon as I can... Well... If the interrogation part is done..." He glanced down at the plate with a pleading expression, while his stomach made a pathetic grumble. It smelled and looked awesome, then again Chris's stewed crawdads would look good after living off of the McDonald's value menu for months.

NanLia NanLia

rsz_adelaide_6.jpg

Adelaide was silent as Erik spoke, crossing her hands in front of her. She couldn't read the demigod as she could most humans, but his words and the rapidly-changing expression upon his face told the witch all she needed to know as he slowly found his resolve, steeling himself for the the road ahead of them all. She gave him a sympathetic smile as he offered his services in the form of a "blood debt". She was reminded of the time his father had given her an enchanted coin she could use to summon him to her aid... if only he'd had someone to call upon in his time of need before the end.

Pushing the thoughts away, she returned her focus to Morgan and Erik as the former spoke up regarding the difficulty in tracking Hypolyes's kitsune companion. Adelaide had tried -- without success -- to lend her hand in the hunt. It was clear that the kitsune was a creature of no small magical prowess that likely dwarfed even her own.

"I can't promise to be an expert in the field of divine powers, but if there's any way I can help you with learning to manage your gifts I'll gladly lend a hand." Her smile widened, growing more genuine. "No debt necessary."

As Morgan called them to dinner, she nodded. "Right." Addy moved to take a seat, watching Morgan out of the corner of her eye, wondering idly if the wolf would willingly choose to sit next to her as they used to all the time.
William Main.jpg
William saw the look on Mackenzie's face and realized immediately that the woman was intent on waiting him out, making him make the first move. It was not so different from sparring with the woman as she watched you with a patient, predatory gaze... intent on ruthlessly countering your first move. He would have preferred the sparring match, in all honesty.

Luckily, Skye spoke up and saved either of them from having to bridge the gap as she cooed at the sight of her father, reaching towards him. "Da-da."

Will smiled broadly, striding toward "his girls" and leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead. "Hey, baby girl," he said, brushing her red curls back idly. He remained there for a moment, caressing their daughter's cheek before glancing at Mackenzie with a small, somber smile. "I talked to him. Got some names to backstop his story that I'm going to look into." After a pause, he sighed. "I know you're pissed, Mac. I get it. I'm sorry I played that the way I did. But I wasn't trying to cut you out."

Last edited:
3SijZSx.jpg

Ashley-May smiled sadly, very aware of how intimidating Mac and Will could be, especially when they played good cop, bad cop. “No worries, don’t feel that you need to run out of here. I think they’re settled enough with what you shared with them. It helped that you did answer their questions, I’ll let you know.”

She glanced back to the kitchen doors to see Elijah slipping out, without Skye. Obviously, he didn’t feel the need to extract the child from whatever row the couple might have. She looked back at Nick. “If you need anything else, your motel phone rings the front desk - someone will always answer … and it will never be Mac or Will.”

Ash stepped away from the table. “Enjoy your dinner, breakfast is at eight.” Before heading back to the table where Liam was contently stuffing himself. She caught up with Eli there. “How bad is it?”
Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

bTU0wF0.png

Mac scowled at her traitorous daughter for breaking the ice, giving her father some leeway in the conversation. Of course, she couldn’t stay angry at the girl for more than a split second, turning that scowl back to Will as he approached and half apologized. “You spoke a language I didn’t understand, that was intentional.”

She fussed with Skye’s shirt sleeves, pulling them up over the girl's elbows in an effort to keep them from getting stained by the fruit. “I spent the better part of a year watching Vitae burn in front of me. Every day I watched our home burn up and people fall to ash thinking that the message, the prophecy, was trying to tell me something - anything - on how to prevent it. I never saw it, whatever the message is, and now it’s silence. No prophecies, no visions, not even angel radio.” She looked back up at Will. “You made me feel like I was crazy, talking to him. I’m not crazy, I’m just a shitty prophet, but that doesn’t change my instincts. I’m a good hunter and two people showing up out of the blue, both connected to Vitae? Something’s wrong.”
Safton Safton

1678055939186.png

A wan smile played across the young man's lips, as the irony of the situation became clear, the demigod not having been quite as desensitized to the abnormal as the collection of hunters about him. It appeared as though the events had not yet sunk in, but that Erik had resigned himself to work through them later when he found a degree of solitude. The only path he could walk was forward, and so would do so with as much bravery he could muster. As Morgan spoke as to dinner, he gestured in a half-hearted manner that suggested he was quite unsure about whether he was invited or not. He added "I'm a bit short on money, but I'd be more than glad to earn my keep." He turned his gaze to Adelaide and added "Do you need another helping hand, for the magic lessons, you know?"

Elijah 4.jpg

Elijah let out a puff of air as Ashley-May came to meet him, absentmindedly running a hand through Liam's hair. The boy glanced up at him for a moment before turning his attention back to his meal without a care. "It's... not great. She's annoyed with Will, but I think she'll get over it. She always does," he said with a shrug, trying to show more confidence than he felt.

Will Looking.jpg
William felt a tinge of pained guilt in his heart as Mackenzie spoke, accusing him of making her feel crazy. She brought up Vitae and the visions she had received of its end, her perceived "failure" and he wanted nothing more than to embrace her in that moment. He had felt her anxiety vicariously through their soul link every time she received a vision, even if he didn't know the exact cause.

"Mac, what happened at Vitae wasn't your fault," he said softly, taking a measured step closer to his wife. "You know that. Your bloodline doesn't let you work miracles and you we both know you worked night and day to try and prevent what happened. Besides; it was my job to protect Vitae and the people living there. If you failed, I failed with you," Will said, his tone calm but assertive.

He raised a hand up to brush his finger along Skye's puffy cheek while he spoke. "As for our visitor -- you're right. The Spanish was deliberate on my part. But not to fool you or to keep you in the dark. It was to put him at ease. You ever heard the saying 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar'?"

"You're not crazy, Mac. Your instincts about him showing up right now are the same ones I had. But if we had cornered him in that booth and tried to interrogate him, chances are we wouldn't have gotten far unless we were willing to string up a potentially innocent man and waterboard him." Will knew well enough to move on before his wife admitted that she was -- in fact -- willing to do just that.

Will sighed. "I'm sorry. If there was more time I would have filled you in on the play, but uh..." he raised a hand to rub anxiously at the back of his neck. "If it's any consolation at all, you getting pissed help sell it and seemed to make him trust me more. And he'll be staying far away from you."

Adelaide Main.jpg

Adelaide's eyebrows shot up at Erik's question. "Honestly, I haven't been here for much longer than you. I'm sure Morgan or Mac could find some way for you to help out, though," she offered. "Whether it's around the Inn or out on a hunt -- assuming that's something you're interested in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back