• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
William Main.jpg
William was relieved to see Mackenzie step up and head off the the... overeager child before he could give Chase some unwelcome pets. As it was the wolf had already backpedaled to to avoid that fate. Before long they were off, Chase apparently still on the scent, though clearly none too happy with the leash. They reached the walking trails bordering the western edge of the ballpark, itself adjacent to a canal. The wolf paused, seeming to need to get his bearings and reacquire the scent as the sound of flowing water last bit of evening sunlight reflected off the canal's water through the thin copse of trees.

Out of the corner of his eye, Will spotted a patrol officer meandering down the walkway toward them. He didn't appear to be alerted, though he was certainly eying them. Making a show of stretching with his free arm, Hendrix turned to Mac, "Let's head down to the water, babe. We can get some pictures of Baxter on the lock for Facebook." He led the way down toward the canal itself, watching to make sure the officer continued his route before nodding toward Chase. "Anything?"

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

31298388355_51480c8b07_n.jpg

Chase couldn't help the tilt of his head at Will's words, the man using lingo that was so unlike him. If the wolf could cringe well, he did. One glance up at the sounds of booted footfalls told him why Will had chosen audible cover, even if the words were poorly chosen. Baxter though? You could use my real name and nobody would be the wiser. After a quick shake of his fur Chase opted to continue the charade by opening his mouth and panting like an excited dog might while having his tail wag as Will led them in the opposite direction of the officer. All the while he kept sniffing at the ground below as well as the air above, attempting to once again grab the scent he'd lost. Once they started to close in on the other side of the canal Will had asked if he had anything and before Chase could snort in an attempt to tell him to not rush greatness, he picked back up on the targets scent. Stronger than before, possibly even more fresh. With a low growl to give Will his answer, the wolf surged forwards stretching the leash to it's limits and forcing Will to either keep up or slow Chase down by force. Damn that angelic strength or whatever it is. If it wasn't for Will's recent change Chase would either be dragging the man forcibly or jerk the makeshift leash from his grasp which would free the wolf from this annoyance.

It was growing stronger the closer they closed in on the canal's location which meant Will was likely correct in his initial assumption. The question was, which of these other scents mixed in was their victim, if any. Whether they were closing in on the abduction site or simply following his path while Benton had stalked his prey was unclear.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

William Main.jpg
William watched Chase expectantly as the wolf sniffed at the air and ground. He didn't want to put any extra pressure on him, especially when it had been Will's idea to come to the ballpark in the first place. But it was in the back of his mind that another victim had been snatched only hours ago and they were on the clock if they wanted to save them. Luckily, he didn't have to wait long. He heard a low, rumbling growl from the canine that could only be in answer to him and as if on cue, Chase was tugging at the crude leash, tugging him along despite his strength. Will wanted nothing more than to let go of the leash and allow Chase to run free, but the last thing they needed was to have a reports of a coyote or wolf loose in downtown Akron adding to their problems.

With Mac jogging alongside him, the two were narrowly keeping pace with the wolf as they headed southwest alongside the canal. Will briefly glanced at his phone whenever he got the chance. They kept at it for nearly half an hour -- Chase occasionally stopping to catch the scent (and letting Mac catch her breath) before the canine would take off again, still sticking close to the canal. Soon after moving through and underpass they reached an industrial park that seemed nearly abandoned. Will's phone told him that it was filled with a variety of old business: mostly autobody warehouses and paint supplies. The canal, if they kept following it, would dump into a large lake. A pit formed in his stomach. He had been wrong and right at the same time -- Benton had changed patterns. He had learned.

Chase had come to a stop, panting. Will slung the bag off his shoulder containing the man's clothes and other equipment if he had chosen to bring it. "You may want to shift back. Up to you." He swallowed deeply. "I fucked up. Whenever he hunted before, he was always in rural areas: a cabin or a hovel. Always adjacent to a natural waterway like a creek. I thought we'd catch his scent here and narrow him down to the natural park up north or the lake down south... I was wrong. He's gotten comfortable in urban areas. I'm willing to bet he's using one of these warehouses," Will said, nodding toward the industrial district ahead of them. "...and is using the canal as an artificial replacement for a river. He's adapting." Hendrix shook his head, pushing the thoughts aside. "We need to get in there and start covering ground. He may have traps set up, so I'd rather the two of you stick together."

He paused, taking a deep breath before broaching the next subject, knowing Mac wouldn't like it one bit. "I know I promised not to use my powers, but an innocent's life is on the line. I'll be able to cover more ground on my own. And Benton can't touch me. Keep your phones on you. Any questions?"

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

Mackenzie managed to somehow keep up with the wolf and the Nephilim as the pair dashed through the underbrush and foliage, clearly on the scent of who they were searching for. The scenery quickly started to shift from the canal and park space to a far more industrial setting. She didn't have the time, or breath, to comment or question until Chase finally came to a stop under an underpass in an industrial park.

She stopped and stumbled a few steps, releasing Will's hand to lean forward resting her hands on her knees. Her lungs were on fire as she gasped for breath. She hadn't had to run endurance like that in … years. She felt dizzy and nauseous but still managed to hear everything Will was saying, despite her heartbeat thudding in her ears.

She raised a hand to flip Will off, pushing herself up to stand. "Fuck you. Go." She managed to wheeze between breaths. "I'll dog sit." It was far from ideal for either her or Chase, she knew, but Will wouldn't be satisfied any other way and if she delayed him and someone died because of it, he would blame himself.
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

As they came upon the industrial park it was becoming more and more difficult to hold onto Benton's scent, the mix of chemicals were sharp and managed to cover the scent up completely by the time they'd reached the area. Though this hadn't stopped him from at least trying to push through it, even if taking in large huffs of the chemical smells were uncomfortable and even painful at some points. Chase had little to nothing to go on when it came to a direction now, and listening to Will criticize himself over becoming to complacent on the patterns of a murderer had him rolling his eyes. The Wolf had already shaken off his makeshift leash minutes ago, given they'd escaped most prying eyes, and it had only hindered his movement. Now he was ready to start running, was moments away from going in to start searching while they continued to talk. However he was halted by Will's push for Mackenzie to partner up with Chase for the time being while he went off on his own. The Wolf made an audible grumble at the notion, because he too would cover ground better without Mackenzie.

That being said he agreed that they shouldn't leave Mackenzie on her own necessarily, and it was possible Will would be able to cover more ground with those angel powers. With a huff Chase waited until Will looked at him before waving his head towards the buildings, telling the man to go on and agreeing to the plan more or less. Once Will was gone he eyed Mackenzie momentarily while she caught her breath, being dragged around by two beings with supernatural stamina had left the woman temporarily exhausted to say the least. They'd wait until she was ready to move but Chase's current dilemma was what form to take on. Instinct told him to hunt Benton in his current form, and if he'd been alone he would have been both quicker and quieter in his search. But Mackenzie had clearly been uncomfortable around him since he'd shifted back in the hospital parking lot. So in an attempt to give her the option he moved over to the bag of clothes and nudged at it with his snout before looking back up at Mac. Wondering if she'd catch onto his vague question of whether or not she'd be able to focus with him in this form or if he should change back.

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

Sad Will still.jpg

William glanced at his fiancee in concern as the woman was clearly winded from the run -- too winded, in fact, to argue with him. Under any other circumstances, he'd stick around to make sure she was okay, but there was a life on the line and he knew that Mac would be in good hands with Chase. He knew Mackenzie was in excellent shape, but he hadn't considered how taxing the run would be on her regardless -- she was still a human, after all, trying to keep pace with a werewolf and a Nephilim. Will nodded to the two of them before heading out to the nearest of the warehouses to begin his search.

***​

Will moved through the buildings as fast as his enhanced physical attributes allowed him to without compromising his senses. Many of the buildings were massive and had old decrepit basements or far-flung storage areas that had to be given a once-over. Hendrix had been at it for almost 15 minutes when he reached what had once been an auto-body shop judging by the presence of mounting points for hydraulic car lifts. As soon as he stepped inside, his ears detected the sound of movement inside the shop's interior. "Hello?" he called out. He drew his pistol, though it was all but a formality at this point. He didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet -- it could just as easily be a homeless person or stray cat as Benton lying in wait to spring an ambush.

William moved further into the warehouse, the soles of his boots echoing loudly against the concrete flooring.

"Go home." A slightly garbled voice hissed out through the interior of the building. Will's eyes widened, his adrenaline spiking as he raised the pistol, whirling around in a circle as he tried to narrow down the source of the sound. The acoustics of the building made it difficult, but he was fairly certain it had come from somewhere in the back. Will moved in that direction, scanning for any signs of movement.

"Benton!" he shouted.

A hail of gunfire erupted from the catwalk overhead and Will felt a bullet strike his shoulder, but the thought was pushed to the back of his mind as he raised his weapon and returned fire on instinct. The shadowy figure seemed to tumble down from the catwalk, landing amidst a pile of crates, but when William sprinted over, he found only a trail of blood leading away.

"I said go home. I don't want to fight you," again that strangely garbled voice, this time coming from the same direction that the blood trail led. Will didn't hesitate, following the red droplets like a hound on a scent. The adjoining room was nearly pitch-black, but in the darkness he could make out the smallest rectangle of illumination on the floor. Drawing closer, he stooped over to pick it up. A walkie-talkie.

"I'm sorry it came to this."

Will frowned. "This isn't Benton, is it?"

"No. But I need him."

"Listen, you're hurt. You've got a bullet in you. Let me get you some help and we can talk this out," Will said.

"You didn't get me, Will." As if on cue, the lights turned on. Had he still been human, his eyes would have been dazzled. Instead, they adjusted quickly to see the man in his late thirties standing there.

"Bruce?" Will asked incredulously. Will hadn't seen the fellow Vitae hunter since the Exodus -- he had been one of the many who had departed after the acceptance of the Pack into the Colony. He looked even more desperate now than he had in New York, with a building falling down around their ears as a Pagan god's wrath was wrought upon it. Will focused on Bruce's palm. It was... bloody? A long gash was there, and on the wall next to him, a sigil hastily drawn in his own blood. He went to press his palm to it.

"No, wait--" William called out.

Silence. Bruce looked at the sigil and his hand, then back at Will. He removed his hand and then reapplied it desperately.

William smiled humorlessly. "Sorry. You missed a lot since you've been gone, Bruce. I'm only half-angel." Taking a deep breath, he set his shoulders and marched toward the man, who scrambled backwards desperately... only for Hendrix to halt in place as he was pinned by some invisible force.

This time it was Bruce's turn to smile as the hunter's eyes flicked down toward Will's feet and then toward the walls of the warehouse. "Half-angel is enough I guess," the man said. Will followed his gaze to see dozens of Enochian wards sprayed across the interior of the room like some modern art display -- practically invisible in the dark, now clearly plain as day. He was stuck here, like a demon in a Devil's Trap. He could feel his Grace suppressed by the proofing of the wards, the pain in his shoulder from the bullet flaring up as the wound refused to knit itself. Wait... Will raised his pistol lining up the sights over Bruce without hesitation. "Set me loose, Bruce. Tell me where Benton is."

The man shook his head. "I can't do that, Will. If you have to kill me then kill me."

Will lowered his aim towards Bruce's leg, pulling the trigger. Click.

Bruce didn't flinch. "Hex bags. I wasn't able to disable your gun out there with your little Jesus aura still active, but in here, with the Enochian sigils doing their thing..." He shrugged. "When I heard you left Vitae and came here with Mac and the wolf, I knew it would only be a matter of time before you all found us. So I've been preparing. I also knew I wouldn't be able to kill whatever the hell it is you are these days. Way out of my league. But I can keep you here while I deal with your girlfriend and the dog... if he hasn't already." The man shuddered slightly at the indirect mention of Benton. "For what it's worth, Will, I'm sorry it had to be like this."

"Bullshit, Bruce. If you're sorry, then make this right. I don't know why you're helping Benton, but whatever it is we can figure this thing out together. You're a hunter, for Christ's sake," Will spat.

Bruce simply shook his head. "I'm sorry," he repeated. "I'm in too deep. It... If you were in my shoes, you'd understand. And don't try contacting your friends. Your phone won't work." With that, the man turned on his heel and marched into the inky black dark of the warehouse.

"Bruce!" Will raised his handgun, squeezing the trigger futilely at the man's back multiple times only to be rewarded with more fruitless clicks. "Goddamnit!"

NanLia NanLia
Crono Crono

Last edited:
Mackenzie had thought that she would have to argue with William to make the man leave. She was already recovering, despite the distinct burn in her lungs-damn Ash for being right about cigarettes. She stood, taking a few tentative deeper breaths as she test the waters. She couldn't quite place why she felt as out of shape as she was, starting with the vomitting earlier and now hardly able to keep pace. She's spent most of her life out pacing wolves, who this jog had winded her was a concern ... for later.

She could see Chase watching her with what she could only assume (and hope) was mild concern. "Go ahead," She stepped over to the discarded duffle bag containing the wolf's clothing and whatever equipment he'd deemed important on this hunt. She dragged the strap up over her shoulder. "I'll follow behind, just check back every once and awhile."

Mac reached beneath her leather jacket, unclipping and removing her pistol from her holster to check the clip and chamber before following along behind Chase as he headed the opposite direction Will had gone.
Safton Safton
Crono Crono

The Wolf nodded as Mackenzie essentially gave him the go ahead to stay in this form. Not only that but pushing him to keep a pace ahead of her, which he hadn't initially planned on doing but she might not enjoy the close proximity so Chase wouldn't question it. Though he was fully planning to keep her within both eyeshot and earshot. The Wolf trotted towards the opposite warehouses from the direction Will had gone, seeking to cover different ground. Padding inside he glanced both left and right before moving further inwards, the place had clearly been abandoned long ago. The ground below having an assortment of dirt, rocks, and glass from shattered windows as well as puddles having risen up in certain spots due to leaks from above. It was rather irritating not being able use his sense of smell in this situation but Chase still had his hearing, and while he was using it to listen to Mackenzie behind him rather than constantly glancing her way, his ears and head were still turning constantly seeking some noise to give him a general direction. This was easier said than done given the echoing, wind through the windows, and the nearby reservoir.

Despite knowing his nose was of little use he couldn't help but stick it to the ground or in the air on occasion for a sniff, it was just natural. The Wolf's pace was slow at first upon entering but had picked up the pace as it became more obvious the immediate area was clear. After the first large open room, the second was a little more filled out with both side rooms and a hallway. Rather than skipping them due to a lack of hearing movement Chase opted to move off to glance into them whilst waiting for Mackenzie to catch up. Though technically she was momentarily out of eyeshot he knew it wouldn't take long to look around then turn around. Rounding the corner of the hallway he walked down and glanced into the first room on his right, all of the windows on the far wall were shattered but otherwise empty. The second room was on his left, the floor was entirely wet with no dry land and part of the roof had caved in. One last room at the end of the hallway and Chase planned to double back to meet up with Mackenzie before they moved on.

NanLia NanLia

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal just needed to get away.

The past few weeks following the death of his stepfather had been hard on what remained of his family. In grief, Sal wasn’t the sort to wallow, even with as much pain he was truly in. No, his first instinct was always to go, as far as he could from whatever was bringing him down. His first instinct was to up and leave the state—whether that be in an impromptu road trip, or a sudden interest in the world’s largest ear of corn two states over, it didn’t matter. So long as it got him out and distracted from the pain until it was a little bit easier to bear, if that was even possible this time. Sal had never experienced a loss like this before, but this time, it wasn’t so much a matter of escaping a place that made him hurt if it would only follow him wherever he went.

Convincing his family to move to Nebraska was his strange way of coping. Not only would it get them out of the house the murder took place, it would protect them from potentially being next. Each of them had dealt with the grief in their own way, but Zoey had been taking it the hardest. It wasn’t enough that her father was killed, but that it was by the hand of a demon, which were apparently real, and then her brother—a djinn—also real, managed to run it off with a single, poisonous touch. Ever since then she had been more than standoffish, especially with him. Sal could sense the fear she had of him—something he’d never felt in her like that before. He could only imagine what she was going through, but it still hurt knowing she saw him as some kind of monster. He would give her all the time and space she needed to unpack her feelings. His mother, on the other hand, processed her grief a little differently. Outwardly, she made it seem as though she had it together, but Sal knew her well enough to know she was just barely. Though not quite as reclusive as Zoey, Nora seldom left their new home since moving in. Even then, the two barely spoke while cooped up together, leaving the house in a dead, solemn silence. Needless to say, it felt a little too oppressive for Sal and yet again, he felt the compulsion to go.

Just anywhere but there.

Sal began to wander the colony grounds to get a better feel for it—for now, that was as far he wanted to stray. Now that he thought about it, the idea of dropping himself into a community full of hunters made him feel a little dubious. Though, he heard there were other non-human beings that lived here as well—which wasn’t quite as reassuring as he thought it’d be. How would he even be able to tell the difference? For all he knew, the next person he spoke to could be a vampire or werewolf, and he may be be none the wiser.

As he continued his trek through the colony, Sal had the idea to bring his sister something from the store. It was the only thing he could think to do, as something of of peace offering, like “hi, I know I can kill people with a touch and feed on fear, but here’s some Twizzlers.”

Wherever the grocery store was, Sal had yet to come across it, or at least realize he did. All the buildings looked the same to him, anyway. Continuing his walk, Sal’s eyes scanned over the various buildings until he saw two women walking opposite of him, with one carrying a cat. He groaned—well, he would find it much faster if he just asked.

“Uh—hey, excuse me,” he began as they crossed paths, “could either of you tell me where the store is?” He always hated asking those sorts of questions, and more often than not, the thing he was looking for always ended up being right in front of him.
Vitae Colony, NE
Ugh
Ginny & Tara Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
coded by natasha.

As soon as Sal comes within fifty feet, Tara turns her head before him, her eyes not immediately focusing as she sniffs the air. She tilts her head. “Hey, kiddo. Can you smell that?”

Ginny looks up at her. “I’m telling you, the cat smells like cat.”

“I’m not talking about the cat… kind of like you smell, but… sharper, I think? And without the blood scent.” She sniffs a couple more times, before her eyes focus on Sal. “Oh, there.” At his question, she shrugs. “Which store you want? We got a few here.”

Ginny seems confused by what Tara was on about. “Probably the general store. Want me to show you the way?” She asks, adjusting the cat to cradle her in one arm, and offering her own hand, covered in swirling black patterns.

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
There wasn’t anything about either of them that struct him as unusual—or inhuman. Then again, Sal was no expert on the supernatural and identifying others as such. The thought was hardly crossing his mind at that point, however—he was just focused on getting to where he needed to go.

He nodded to Ginny, “yeah, thanks,” he said, looking to the tattooed hand extended towards him. Sal had never been a touchy person, even at the expense of looking like a jerk. It had only been made worse since the night he literally killed someone with the touch of a single hand. How much control over that did he really have, now that he knew how it felt?

“So, what all is there to do here?” he asked, attempting to form a thin, polite smile that resembled more of a grimace, “I just moved here a few days ago, so, I’m only just a little lost.”
Vitae Colony, NE
Ugh
coded by natasha.

Ginny shrugs, taking her hand back to hold the cat properly. “Well, that depends. I’ve kind of gotten adopted by the hunters here, so some of my time is spent training with them. Or with Tara. She’s more my speed.”

The vampire waves, still looking at him curiously, but doesn’t say anything as Ginny keeps talking. “We have events sometimes, but most of the time we’re left to ourselves. We’ve got a lot of what you’d usually find in a normal small city. I have some ideas of what we could have around here though!”

She gestures back toward where she and Tara came from. “These are the general hunter living quarters. I’m glad they didn’t give me a roommate, that would have been awkward. Anyway.”

She gestures toward the gate. “On the left from where we’re standing is the clinic. Right by the gate, as it should be with how we’ve been doing. Clockwise from us is the council tent and the barracks. Continuing that way is the councilman’s row, they get special houses. Then there’s the training grounds, the shops, and then our church and cemetery. In the middle is the Rec center, which doubles as the mess hall.”

She grins, pleased with her description. “The shops probably have a vet, now that I’m thinking of it… I need to bring this fine lady over there.” She says, looking down at the cat in her arms.
Skawly Skawly

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal returns a wave to Tara. So, maybe these two were just civilians, with one looking to become a hunter. That made sense.

“Oh, thanks,” Sal said after Ginny finished speaking. Hopefully, he would remember all that, but probably not. Maybe there was a map of the place somewhere. Upon mention of the cat, his attention shifted to the furry mass in Ginny’s arms, his head slightly tilting to one side. “Aw. Poor thing. Is she sick?” he asked, “it wouldn't hurt to check and see. You’d think there would a vet somewhere here.” If not near the shops, then maybe the medical clinic?

As they started for the shops, Sal grew curious. “So, neither of you are actual hunters?” he asked. He didn’t want to outright ask them if they were human as well—something about that seemed invasive and rude, “I mean, I’m not, obviously,” he said with a wry laugh.
Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

Tara shakes her head. “I mean, I can *help* hunt if someone wants something tracked down, but generally it’s better that I personally stay away from violence.” She says casually.

Ginny shrugs. “I’ve spent most of my life terrified of hunters. So I’ve got a lot to learn. But the guys here are good. Less genicidal, more productive. I’m an aide to one of the councilmen, but he doesn’t give me a lot of work. Currently my main focuses are hypnosis therapy with Tara, and trying to get various gods to talk to me.”

She chuckles a little nervously, glancing at him. “Speaking of which… how up to date are you with everything going on around here? Cause there’s a lot of complicated stuff everyone’s working around right now.”
Skawly Skawly

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal almost didn’t catch that last part—she said it so casually. An incredulous look must have flashed across his face after his brain had a moment to process it. Gods? And a variety of them? He supposed he shouldn’t be shocked by anything anymore; it’s not like he was ever firmly against the idea of a god, let alone multiple of them. Come to think, everything she just said to took a moment for him to unpack.

“Yeah? That's good to hear. I was a little nervous about coming here at first, he said, then paused upon her next question. “Uh. All I know is that there’s some kinda uprising. Demons, or whatever.” Of course it had to be more complicated than that. As if demons on their own weren’t bad enough.

Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

Ginny takes a deep breath. “Right, So. A bit ago, Eve, mother of a whole lot of the predatory supernatural races, came to this world because she was angry about what an angel and a demon were doing to her great great, however many more greats grandkids. I can’t tell ya everything that happened, I wasn’t involved. But she got really, really aggressive about it, so a couple hunters managed to kill her. And now Adam, you know, the first man, is really seriously pissed off, and is trying to exterminate humanity, with the help of some of Eve’s other descendants. Namely the dragons, from what I hear.”

She rubs the back of her head. “Not all of us are on that side of it though. The nest and the pack are here of course, then there’s me, and I’m sure others are coming. Anyway, heaven is on our side, at least for the moment, and so they gave one of the main people here the powers of a prophet, and gave me a direct connection to literally every god in existence. I think they might have picked me because they see me as expendable. Not sure.”

Tara shrugs. “I mean, it would be stupid for all of us to be on the exterminate humanity boat. A lot of us would proceed to starve.”
Skawly Skawly

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
So, it was worse. Much, much worse. Maybe this was how his sister was feeling after just learning about demons—maybe he’d have to hold off on telling her about the dragons for a while.

Sal scoffed. “Wow, okay. That’s… a lot more than I was expecting.” It sounded like there was some sort of war brewing between humankind and, from how he interpreted it, everything else—but that was only putting it simply.

Sal chuckled at Tara’s comment. “Yeah, gotta keep those humans around for something, right?” he joked.

From the sound of it, neither of these women were entirely human, either. The thought simultaneously made Sal comforted and uneasy, but that question he’d been putting off only continued to burn at the tip of his tongue.

“So,” he paused, attempting to pose his question in the least invasive way possible, “neither of you are human, then?”
Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

“Nope.” Ginny says, holding up a hand as her eyes and tattoos flare with blue flames, before quickly fading. “I’m a djinn. Yes, my nickname is a pun. My birth name is Shafaqat.” She says with a grin.

Tara waves. “And I’m a vampire. I came here with the nest. Also… I’m not sure your human either. You kinda smell like the kid.” Both of them seem used to the question by now. Living in a colony of people trained from childhood to murder you will do that.
Skawly Skawly

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal certainly hadn’t expected to meet another djinn so quickly. Then again, he wasn’t certain how common djinn actually were. Though apparently, they had a distinct smell, at least to a vampire. Or at least he hoped just to a vampire, and that he hadn’t been going about his life with some strange, discernible odor everyone else noticed.

“Well, you’d be right,” he said, pushing up a sleeve to reveal a set of dark, intricate patterns weaving across his skin, “also a djinn.” Or half-djinn? Maybe it really didn’t matter. Letting the fabric drop back into place, he looked to Ginny, curious. “Honestly, you’re the first other djinn I’ve met,” he said, “guess that kinda happens when you grow up with humans.” Though it was possible he could have passed by another djinn on the street, from what little he knew about them, they seemed to generally be a reclusive bunch that strayed from human civilization.

“Oh. Names’ Sal, by the way.”
Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

Ginny grins, seemingly ecstatic all of a sudden. “Wait, really? And you’re here? You have no idea how long I’ve been searching for other djinni! Well, at least, other djinni that aren’t murderous bastards. Oh, it’s so good to meet you!”

Tara laughs, putting her hand on Ginny’s shoulder. “Kid. Chill. You’ll scare the guy.” Ginny looks up at her with a slightly miffed expression. “I’m a legal adult. Please stop calling me kid.” She mutters, before looking back to Sal. “Anyway, what luck, right? There are so few of us on the continent! Want to hang out some time?”
Skawly Skawly

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal was a little startled by her sudden enthusiasm, but he supposed he understood how she felt. Though, he was a little curious about her attitude towards other djinn.

“Murderous bastards?” he said, half-laughing, “I take it you haven’t met many friendly djinn?” Besides being hermits that fed off blood or fear, he knew little else. Then again, something that fed off either of those things likely wouldn’t have a reputation for being cute and cuddly.

Just ahead, a strip of buildings lining the sidewalk came into view was they continued forward. “Those the shops?” Sal asked, gesturing to them with a nod, “we can go see if they got a vet.”
Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

Ginny rolls her eyes. “Ugh, they’re the worst! I mean, I’m no saint, but at least I had limits! Most of the ones I found fed by abducting people, putting them under, and bleeding them to death over days, or forcing the through nightmares till their hearts give out. They just… genuinely only see humans as food. Which sucks, because we’re hardwired to be social, and I had to kill so many… Oh, yeah, those are the shops!” She says, grateful for the topic change.
Skawly Skawly

Mackenzie did her best to keep pace behind the wolf as he headed for the other warehouses in the area. She was only mildly successful in both keeping up and keeping quiet, finding an awkward balance between keeping Chase's bag from bouncing around behind her when she needed to jog a few feet before slowing again to listen for the wolf and anyone else in the area. She doubted she needed to - Chase's senses would out match hers on any day but she couldn't stop the hunter part of her brain from being cautious.

She followed him in between the doors of the warehouse, catching sight of his hind legs and tail as they turned down the hall on the opposite side of the room. She slowed her pace, needing to do so in order to avoid the glass and cut down on her noise. She took a minute to pull the straps of the duffle bag tight, forcing the bag against her back. It was uncomfortable to say the least but at least she no longer had to keep pausing to readjust it. Out of habit Mac checked her pistol clip and chamber, making sure it was clear as she moved across the floor to the hallway where she'd last seen the wolf.
Crono Crono
Safton Safton

Sal
The Thrill-Seeker
Sal slow blinked. Wow. Most djinn did seem like assholes. He supposed his mother had him grow up being lowkey about it for a reason—besides the whole, most people don’t believe in this and you’ll be thrown into a looney bin thing on top of that. All he really had were his own experiences and what he could scrounge from Wikipedia.

“Damn. That sucks,” he said, “I’ve never had to do any of… that. Before he could elaborate, his attention was drawn to the shops as Ginny pointed them out.

“I’m not in a real big hurry, so my thing can wait if you wanna start looking,” Sal said, gesturing towards the shopfronts. “Have any idea where it could be?”
Vitae Colony, NE
Neutral
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back