• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
As Hypolyes' sword buried itself in Thor's heart, the Deity had been overcome by a sense of nothingness. In an instant his connection to the physical world had been severed, and he felt nothing. Thor was unsure how much time had passed, if it was minutes or eons, but suddenly a light had appeared. The Deity had felt it rather than seen it. The light had grown stronger and stronger until he felt as if it surrounded his very being, nourishing it, awakening it. Like the world come spring, life seemed to return to his divine essence and it grew ever stronger. Feeling restored, Thor began searching his surroundings. He could feel the essences of gods that had died on the physical world, their spirits banished to this place. As he felt as if he was being pulled away from it, he grabbed hold of the spirits of two gods, two very dear to him whom he had recognised in an instant. Tossing them through the Bifröst and into Asgard as he felt himself emerge into the Universe again. He would return there himself eventually, but unlike them who he had found to be weak, he didn't need to recover. Whatever had pulled him out had restored him to his full power as he was before gaining the grace, which had been destroyed by Hypolyes' sword.

One hour earlier...

1546300088011-png.520678

The weather in the mountains was notoriously fickle, yet anyone who witnessed what was happening in the Norwegian mountains would have been astounded at the fast change. Towering dark clouds appeared out of nowhere along with violent thunder and powerful winds. Besides their strangely sudden appearance there was something strange about the clouds, for in the center they began to rotate, looking like a maelstrom of massive proportions. Lightning began to barrage a single point and from it what looked like a man began to take shape as Thor once more assumed a physical form. The lightning subsided and left in the small crater they had caused now only stood Thor in the same human form he had when he was slain by Hypolyes. The only difference was that he was now naked, revealing the Norse runes that were tattooed on his skin. He closed his eyes and the blue suit with a high leather collar he so liked appeared on his body out of nowhere, it's edges glimmering as it enveloped him before dying down as the spell was finished and the suit was intact. The god closed his eyes and took a deep breath as the storm raged furiously above him. He loved few things better than the fresh air of the north, in particular when there was a storm raging. Yet as he opened his eyes one could easily see that that a dangerous fire had been lit in them, he had work to do.

One hour earlier...

His failure to end Hypolyes hadn't discouraged him, on the contrary, it had fuelled his fire. And much like his foe had done in their battle, he took a page out of his enemy's playbook. The Dragon's whereabouts where unknown to him, but that didn't mean he couldn't strike at his allies. The forces of Murehuanon had assumed control of Minotaur, and it was time for Thor to turn his attention to them. Or more specifically - One of their headquarters in America. In one move he would announce his return to the world, weaken the enemy forces along with their resolve, as well as attempt to flush out the Alpha Dragon.

Thor approached the building in New Mexico on foot, before he made his attack he would have to make sure the demons couldn't escape, he got down on one knee and placed his palm on the concrete. Focusing his power, the deity caused cracks in the ground to shoot out from both sides of his hand, they spread out around the building and took on a rather peculiar form, namely a pentagram. It was a Devil's Trap that now surrounded the building. Some seemed to notice what was going on because several demons started running out from the building and headed straight toward him. Thor walked forward calmly towards them, waiting until the first demon was close before he lashed out, incinerating the demon with a blast of lightning. The demons fought bravely, or perhaps desperately, but it mattered not, the Thundergod destroyed everyone who attempted to stop him as he made his way to the center of the building, leaving bodies behind him as he went.

He wasn't there to battle the rank-and-file, he was there to go after the leaders. Several of whom could be found inside. It didn't take long for him to find them, gathered in a conference room. Thor had a pleasant smile on his lips as he gently opened the door and strode in, but the smile never reached his lips. The demon closest to the door flew at him, but the Thundergod raised his arm and blasted him to pieces with a thunderbolt, incinerating the creature to ashes in a matter of mere moments. A second threw a punch at him, but he caught the demon's fist and held it in place. The demon looked on in disbelief as he found his fist trapped in an iron grip, unable to move it. Thor suddenly twisted the arm with such force that it broke in multiple places, the demon screamed in pain until Thor cut it off by quickly grabbing the demon's head with both hands and shattering the neck. Tossing the incapacitated body aside into a wall with a disdainful gesture, the Deity let his gaze sweep over the remaining demons in the room, they had all stopped moving and were merely looking at him, waiting for what he was about to do.

While he normally wouldn't mind a good scrap, he wasn't in the mood to drag it out just to enjoy himself. The Thundergod held up his hand in front of his face, and clenched his fingers together into a fist. All remaining demons with the exception of one, who Thor had surmised was the leader, began screaming as their spirits were crushed, light then exploded from their vessels as the demons were destroyed, causing the bodies to fall to the floor as if they were puppets who had their strings cut. He began walking towards the last demon standing, saying "You will answer my questions or you will meet an end so cruel the Devil himself will weep.". The demon began running, attempting to run around the table and reach the door, finding himself unable to teleport because of the Devil's Trap, but Thor suddenly appeared in front of him and grabbed him by the throat before brutally slamming him into a wall. The demon found himself pinned and grabbed Thor's throat, attempting to push him away. While the demon had difficulties breathing because of the immense pressure being applied by Thor's grip. Thor remained calm and looked entirely unaffected as he slowly brought up his free hand to grab the demon's that was wrapped around his throat - prying it away to the sound of bones in the demon's hand being breaking. Hate burned in his eyes as he said "You Black-Eyed Demons... Always so sure in your own power. Now, I have only one small little question, where is Hypolyes?"

The demon tried to get out of the grip to no avail, realising that his attempts to flee were futile he relaxed and looked at Thor with almost a tired look "I don't know, that one goes his own way. Search my mind for all you like, it will be as useless as your little visit here.". The deity didn't respond, and instead promptly invaded the demon's mind (much to it's discomfort), but then realised the demon had been telling the truth. Then he came up with an idea and said "Then you can deliver this message to Murehuanon and Hypolyes - I have returned, and I am coming for them."

Thor closed his eyes and the demon began to shake as Thor forced it out of it's vessel, the black smoke of the demon's spirit flowed from the demon's mouth and down into the floor, burning through it as Thor cast the demon back into Hell. He let go of the body, his work here was done, yet he wasn't. He had one more place he felt he ought to go to.

It was late when Thor suddenly had appeared in Vitae, he wasn't quite sure who he should go see first, but then remembered having made a pledge to aid Adelaide, and his protective spell had likely worn off when he died. It was as good a reason as any to go there first. He appeared next to the door to her house the next second and knocked. As he stood there waiting he realised that he had given away his hammer, he'd have to recover it later, for it was precious to him beyond measure and now that there was no imminent risk to it falling into enemy his he wanted it back.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

1546985409747.png
Elijah was opening his mouth to reply to Chase's question -- what little he could answer as he hadn't witnessed the massacre as Mac had -- when Mackenzie spoke up, filling the wolf in on the pertinent details. He remained silent, all too aware of the evil this girl (or at least the the thing controlling her) had inflicted. Yet he couldn't help but notice the way Mac eyed the girl: like a predator watching prey that had been given a temporary reprieve. He decided to divert from that train of thought as she mentioned the chain. "It seems so. At least the sleepy bastard was good for something," he remarked, half-joking and half-bitter at the memory of New York.

1546985732443.png
William tuned out the voices of his fellow hunters, focusing on the girl in front of him as she responded to his question. He pursed his lips before responding, "Whatever... It is, It's not a figment of your imagination. It's very real, and we'll do what we can to help you be free of it. But you have to help us first. You said it started with your father. Who was he? What did he do, how did he die?" Will asked. He knew the question was blunt to say the least, but he couldn't afford to ease his way into this situation.

rsz_adelaide_6.jpg
Adelaide was just beginning to drift off to sleep when she was roused by a knock at the door. Her eyes flicked open, alertness returning as she frowned to herself. The others wouldn't knock before entering. It had to be one of the Council, maybe. She slid from the couch and stood up, padding across the hardwood floor in bare feet. As she neared the door, she felt a familiar presence on the other side. Not human -- but no monster, either. Her heart leapt into her throat and she practically dashed the rest of the way, throwing the door open to reveal that she was correct.

"Thor," she murmured breathlessly, eyes wide. "Mac said you--" her voice trailed off as she shook her head, swallowing deeply before speaking again. "What happened?"

97a5f300329e3eeb07ff1096bd239ea4.jpg

Chase was left mildly stunned as Mackenzie not only answered his question, but in detail. He was sure that'd be all over the news and just about everyone, even the pack with their seclusion would hear of it before long. Though when the girl spoke up, clearly aiming her words in their direction he frowned slightly. This was why he'd asked Elijah since he was closer and they could speak quietly, though Mac answering without hesitation had changed that. Though something stood out on what the girl had said and caught his ear, "Some type of Curse?" He asked, turning to the two standing near him with a quizzical look. "She mentioned this starting after she got his belongings." The man shrugged, it was a long-shot especially considering he'd never heard of one of this level. But considering their only guesses were a demon or a god then it didn't hurt to throw out other possibilities.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Chester nodded. He had heard of hypnosis, but put it down as a weird human thing. Maybe there was more to it then he thought.
"Huh, threw the dice and won." He commented in an amused tone. "Well played."
Taking another sip of his drink, the horseman chuckled at a thought.
"You should really look into using your dreams to council all the immortals with daddy issues. Charge by the hour and poof! Set for life!"

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Ginny snorts with laughter, handing Tara her drink, which she proceeds to chug. “I feel like many of those immortals with daddy issues don’t want my help.” She says with a shrug. “Even if I am their oracle now, a lot of the gods will probably see me as a monster. Kind of worried they’ll try to kill me.”

Tara looks concerned, licking blood from her lip. “You say that so calmly.”
“Oh, yeah, breakdown won’t happen till they actually act on it. Trust me, I’m terrified. And my favorite one just went out for a divine power nap.”
RikuXIII RikuXIII

1547053399558.png

He smiled gently at the look of astonishment he received as Adelaide opened the door to find him standing there and said "She saw correctly, after retrieving my sword here in Vitae and leaving my hammer in your care, I travelled to Germany to face the Dragon. Like Mackenzie saw we fought, and once more I failed in slaying our enemy, this time by underestimating my opponent's speed at a crucial moment, which ultimately led to him burying his sword in my chest. After piercing my heart he destroyed my physical form and severed my connection to this Universe, sending me into the void where all my kind go when they perish. However rather than staying there for all eternity something decided to give me a hand and to put it simply opened a door for me out, as well as restoring me to my full power as it was when I first arrived here. I'm not sure who did it, for it would require absolutely enormous power, though I have my suspicions... In any case I recreated my physical form about two hours ago."

Pausing briefly he cast a glance up at the stars that blazed with their white pure light before looking back at the psychic "My altercation with Hypolyes proved to me that he is, albeit extremely dangerous, killable. I left him a little something to remember me by from his temple to his chin, though given his state now he can not be allowed to regain his full strength. However I am curious what has happened here whilst I was gone, I hope you haven't suffered as a result of my spell wearing off."

Safton Safton

Last edited:
CNAKtJZ.jpg
Morgan sat up on the couch as Adelaide went to attend the door; she didn't need to follow to know who it was, their voices and the gods scent traveled far enough for her to know exactly who it was and hear everything they said. She smiled softly, knowing how much this would perk Addy's mood and likely even Ashley-May's. She decided against joining them at the door, letting the witch and god talk it out, as it were.
Alator Alator

bTU0wF0.png
Mackenzie had had enough with listening to the girl; she understood both William's and Elijah's concerns for her welfare but not having an answer and absolutely no way of controlling it beyond the bronze chains, she didn't feel the resources should be spent on attempting to 'save' her but kept her mouth shut. She side stepped, moving to lean against the side of the Beast while the three made their decisions on what to do with the girl.
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg
Emile frowned as he glanced at the time on his watch, longer than he had expected Chase to be gone. The pack hadn't lasted long after the Nephilim and Chase had gone. He had gone to spend some time with those that were still up but given most of their early morning for travelling back north, many had retired early; including Brody who was heading out with Morgan (much to Emile's satisfaction). He returned to the cabin, choosing to take a seat on the deck chair, leaning back to rest his legs on the railing of the balcony.

He couldn't wait long before glancing at his watch again, only two minutes had passed but his impatience got the better of him and he slid his cell phone from his pocket and started to type a text to Chase.

Have you decided to trade in your old Alpha for a new and shiny Nephilim?
He frowned thoughtfully after a moment, hoping Manitou's gift translated into text as it had for their oral communication. He decided to follow up his first text with a second, in the best English he could muster.

I hope you okay?
Crono Crono

Chester snorted.
"They all have big egos." He said dismissively. "Butter them up, remind them of the 'good old days', and they won't care about your origins."
He paused a moment, reflecting on some of the more extreme deities he had met.
"Well, most of them, anyway. Besides, if you technically work for all of them, no single one can move against you. So, add misdirect and manipulate to the list of things you can do to the bastards. Priests have been doing it, all be it unknowingly, for years."
Despite his bluster, Chester was worried like Tara. He hadn't known Ginny for long, but she was growing on him. Damn, he was getting soft in his old age.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Amethyst

Thinking hard on the question of who her father was it was something Amethyst couldn't remember entirely. "I was rather young when he died. I was told I wasn't allowed to have his things at first because I was so young. When I finally got them... it was like. I dont even know how to explain it." Amethyst spoke. "My foster mom took them all once she found out what they all were. I think he was a cultist. Well, maybe not so much a cultist but.. I can get them. I know where she hid them." Amethyst said as she tried to turn over. "Please figure out what you are going to do. These cuffs hurt after awhile."

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia Crono Crono

Ginny tilts her head. “Good point. Parents never taught me how to do any of that, but according to all the journals and research I’ve found, it’s what Djinni are supposed to be good at, so here’s hoping it comes naturally when I need to.”

Tara tilts her head. “You’ve been researching yourself?” The vampire asks, surprised. “Yeah, I get pretty bored sometimes, and it’s interesting. Mildly annoying that we’re apparently as predictable as we are, though.” She huffs. “I mean, I thought hiding in abandoned places was me being clever. Apparently all of us do that.”

Tara chuckles, licking some blood off of her lip. “Yeah, I kind of noticed the difference in thought patterns when I was turned. You were born like this, so I suppose you wouldn’t notice.”
RikuXIII RikuXIII

1547270886224.png
Elijah pursed his lips at Chase's suggestion, remaining silent at first until he heard Amethyst continue to speak and seemingly confirm her father's "proclivities". He sighed, raising a hand to his chin subconsciously. "The theory tracks. Father to daughter," he murmured under his breath. "But I've never heard of a curse with this kind of effect. And by the sounds of it, there's some kind of entity at work, pulling the strings. Maybe her father was 'Its' vessel and when he died, It found a new one in his daughter. If we can sever that connection..." his voice trailed off as he rambled more to himself than Chase at this point.

He was snapped from his reverie as he heard a buzzing sound, turning to trace the noise to Chase's pocket. "Being paged?" Elijah asked lightly with a teasing smile.

1547271569483.png
It wasn't lost on William that Mackenzie had clearly lost her patience with the situation, leaning against the Beast. He ignored the show of displeasure for the moment being, far too interested in the information Amethyst had just provided. It was certainly something to follow up on, at the very least. He offered the young woman a sympathetic glance. "I'm sorry. Those chains are for your safety and ours. If we can find out more about your father and the things he left behind, maybe we can help you."

1547273540193.png
Adelaide listened silently as Thor related to her what had happened in Germany. She couldn't begin to imagine what being had seen fit to "save" Thor, but she was simply grateful for the fact that they clearly had some allies in high places as Adam seemed to grow stronger every day. As Thor asked about what he had missed, Addy stepped to the side and gestured for him to enter the house. "Not much. Elijah and Mackenzie left on an urgent hunt -- something big happened in town nearby, but I don't know the details. They may have returned by now." She shut the door behind the god, cocking her head to glance at him. "I imagine you'll be needing your hammer back," she said with a small smile.

1547312277375.png

Thor returned the smile and gave Adelaide a hearty embrace at the mention of the hammer, taking care to not break the psychic in half with his newly restored strength. As he pulled back he said "Hopefully Will hasn't become too attached to it yet, I wouldn't trade it for any weapon in existence." He then paused and thought for a few seconds before continuing "I'll go and look in on them later, I'm sure they can handle themselves but I suppose the sooner they know of my return - the better."

The Deity smiled yet again as he realised that he hadn't filled Adelaide in on his little adventure in New Mexico "And I should probably tell you... I decided to warm up by passing by a Minotaur building on the way here, and let's leave it at that's a building full of demons that won't trouble us anymore. Managed to get to a few leaders as well, so I'd imagine that Murehuanon will be furious and Hypolyes at least irritated, which both works in our favor. I smote the most of them, so I hope they didn't ride their vessels too hard, as the humans will probably have come to by now. After my little visit to the afterlife I figured it was time to go on the offensive."

Safton Safton

Chase had been following Elijah's thought process until he felt the buzz in his pocket, and clearly the other man heard it as he halted abruptly mid-sentence. Fishing it from his pocket he started reading, to his surprise, French. Not only was the blessing still in effect but he was able to read the language as well. "Something like that..." He mumbled to the man next to him, all the while reading and starting a reply with a faint smile on his face as he started typing out the text in French. I did hear the Nephilim are the newer more advanced model, so... Before he could hit send however another text came in, this time in English and Chase couldn't help but softly huff. Maybe he'd gotten too distracted with the smell of a hunt right in front of him that he'd lost track of time. And now his boyfriend was more or less worried about him, when Chase was supposed to be the one doing the worrying tonight. So he followed up with a second text, On my way back, just got distracted with the usual.

With that dealt with and his phone back in his pocket he turned his attention to Elijah and Mackenzie, "I've gotta run. My guy needs me close by tonight and the packs going to be adjusting as a whole." He opted for the quick description-less excuse, assuming Will would likely be filling them in on events later. But that didn't mean he wasn't going to give his two-cents on the current situation, "Looks like severing the connection is your best bet since if our hunch is right." He turned to look at Mackenzie mid-way, "We wouldn't want whatever it is getting sent to a new host by your plan, and starting this all over again." It wasn't accusing but simple facts. The man backed up a few steps and turned to stick his head into the other window to the car to address the girl, "These fine people are going to help you if you let them, but those cuffs keep you from accidentally killing them. And I'd imagine you don't particularly want to do that, so just keep that in mind." He'd winked though immediately felt off considering he remembered she was blind, then pulled his head back out of the car. It was all a hunch in the end after all, there was always the chance she couldn't be helped, or that it was a facade and she was leading them on a wild goose chase. Either way Chase didn't want to take the chance, and not being a dick was the route he tried to take on a day to day basis...usually.

Rounding to the other side he started for the Toyota, giving Will a nod as he went but turning around to face them before he got in. "One of you keep me in the loop?" He asked, more or less intrigued and willing to help. Then slipped into the truck and drove away.​
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

bTU0wF0.png
Mackenzie listened, without speaking, as the men hypothesized on how she had come to be as she were; it meant little to her, however she raised an eyebrow as she overheard Chase as he leaned into speak quietly to the girl. Sentiment? Worry? She hadn't expected the wolf to side with Elijah and William over her with the threat but appreciated the fact he reaffirmed the chains were going no where. She nodded as he requested to be kept updated with the goings on. Dark eyes watched as he backed his truck hybrid away from the Beast before turning down to drive away. She looked back between Elijah and William momentarily before speaking. "We're going to have to come to some kind of decision here, boys. We don't have the resources to babysit forever and we're going to need those chains back at some point - I have plans."

DEincn1.jpg
Isla+Fisher+Now+See+Premieres+NYC+FcbwjhckdwQl.jpg
Brendan frowned, thoughtfully, as the Men of Letters executed their camp with precision. It was but awe-inspiring and terrifying to watch as none needed to communicate with one another beyond simple glances to know exactly the next task to perform. It had been something he hoped he could have organized his hunter teams into but hadn't ever had the opportunity. A pipe-dream, his wife had called it, something he hadn't understood until now witnessing their nearly military like procedures. He started out of his reverie as a youthful woman approached and extended her hand.

"Evelyn Brimley." She said and Brendan took her hand and shook it in introduction. "Pleasure finally meeting you." She sighed, looking around the colony and raising her hands. "It's ... homey." She said breathily and Brendan knew very well that it was substandard to what she had expected. Beggars can't be choosers... He thought glumly but plastered a smile to his lips and nodded. "It's home." He agreed.

***​
"And this is the REC center." Brendan said and he and Evelyn approached the dimly lit recreation center. She nodded politely as the man continued on and she tuned him out. He had wandered her around the whole colony, so far as she was concerns, with the hope of 'getting her settled' when in truth she wanted only to find Arthur and see how he was fairing. She didn't dare bring up his name immediately, less she reveal his importance.

She blinked as she became aware Brendan had ended his sentence short. She cursed herself for not paying more attention, surely he knew she hadn't been listening but soon they watched a truck pass them by coming from behind the building. She glanced at Brendan as he his visage turned to a determined frown and he started around to the back of the building. Brimley following, curious to see what was the matter, what could possibly rankle the Councilmen.

Evelyn paused with Brendan as the scene came into view, a chained teenager, a small woman, a giant man and Elijah Davenport. "My dearest Harry," She purred but made no move to approach the hunter, keeping her stance along side the Councilmen, her hands interlocked before her. "I had wondered if you had found yourself among the hunters here. Ever the philanthropist, aren't you?"
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Safton Safton

e1d85421a030fd37ae4555a8f526371b.jpg

All was business as normal at the main gates, except for the distinct lack of sounds. There were no birds chirping, no rodents foraging for their next meal, even the wind seemed to be too afraid to make a noise as it blew uneasily. A feeling of dread swirled about in the air, and slowly began to fester and grow until it was a palpable malice, a malice that wafted and licked at the back of the neck as though fangs were baring themselves just behind the backs of the guards. A malice that seemed to linger like the eyes of a predator that could kill if given a reason but was more than content to watch the prey hesitantly escape.

Suddenly it struck quickly and decisively in the back of the minds of the guards, the subconscious image of a blood covered fox already in mid bite. As quickly as the image entered, it left... in its place was a being that was as familiar as it was foreign. Nine white tails swayed to and fro, the fur bristled and unkempt giving the appearance of a wild and quite agitated animal. A mischievous smirk that seemed to hold more sadism than previously seen. The eyes a piercing and cold blue that held no humor but instead a predator's amusement. The hair... was gone, the dreaded locks that had been so prevalent in all his dealings were completely shaved off, a warrior did not need something that could be exploited by the enemy.

The creature that once walked in a hidden guise to help sell its wishes for an alliance shifted and contorted as though it were still getting used to itself, a sickening display of a suit that had not been worn im so long that it was almost alien. The tails stiffened completely as the Kitsune stretched its back and settled back into their rhythmic swing once it relaxed itself. Kurama looked up to the guards and spoke in an audible but whispered tone. "Hello again... might I come in and have words with your... leaders? "

NanLia NanLia Alator Alator

Amethyst

When Ame heard about severing the connection she had with the entity she felt her stomach twist. Despite it all and everything that she had been through it had been the only pillar of stability she had the last few years. If she were to die she would be rid of it. But to lose it while still alive felt like ripping a part of her out a part she didn't think she could lose without losing it all. Adjusting her position in the back of the vehicle again Amethyst heard the footsteps of people she hadn't heard yet. After all that was said to her Amethyst didn't know if she wanted to risk digging through her fathers belongings again. Though she also knew that she ended up tying her own hands when telling them about her father. Turning over once more she buried her face into one of the cushions.

Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

1547402369505.png 1547402378772.png
Elijah raised an eyebrow as Chase confirmed that he needed to leave. He wasn't sure what the wolf meant by the Pack adjusting -- clearly something serious enough to warrant Chase's presence alongside the Alpha -- but now was hardly the time to ask. He simply gave the man a smile and nod as he departed.

Will turned to match the gesture as Chase left, knowing he still needed to fill in the others about what had transpired at the camp. One thing at a time, however. His jaw clenched as Mackenzie spoke up, prompting them to make a decision and soon. He knew she was right, but without some place to begin looking for the cursed item in question they were at a loss. It wasn't lost on him that Mac had mentioned "plans" for the chain... a subject best left for another time. Any further discussion on the matter was halted regardless as two figures approached from around the corner of the Rec Center. Will spotted Brendan first, evidently confused. He felt a momentary spike of guilt for not informing the Elder of the developing situation. He was opening his mouth to speak up when the woman alongside Brendan beat him to it.

Will turned, confused, to follow her eyes to "Harry". His eyebrows rose as he settled on Elijah. The woman spoke with an unmistakable British accent. That, along with the unmistakable tension that suddenly filled every one of Eli's muscles, left little mystery as to who this woman was even before Davenport spoke up. He cleared his throat, arms crossed as he tilted his head with a taunting smile. "Evie. Only a cold heart like yours would ever mistake me for a philanthropist," he said, his tone dry and unforgiving. "But yes, I happen to find Vitae's lack of torture and murder a refreshing change from the pastimes of you and your 'benefactors'." Elijah turned to glance at Mac, seeing the woman looking -- or perhaps glaring -- curiously at Evelyn. "Don't look her in the eye, love. She'll steal your soul and turn you to stone if you're not careful."

1547404565762.png
Adelaide returned Thor's hug warmly before releasing him. He led him toward one of the house's bedrooms, listening as the god regaled her with the story of his return and retribution against a building full of demons. She shook her head ruefully, opening the bedroom door and stepping inside. Throwing a blanket aside, she revealed the wooden chest -- latched in wrought iron inscribed with protective sigils -- and opened it up. Inside was Thor's hammer, resting head-down as if in a peaceful slumber... waiting for its master to return. Addy stood aside, turning to face Thor. "I imagine the demon-slaying will come easier with this in your hand," she said softly.

The drive back to the packs encampment was a quiet one as expected, Chase had even ventured to lower the driver window for a while to feel the chilly Nebraska night air. As he pulled through the abandoned campground it was clear most of the camp had already laid down for the night, few fires still burned and mostly who he saw were those on watch. He'd spotted Emile on the porch of the cabin looking out at the camp, likely a combination of restlessness from the nights events and waiting up for Chase. Once he was parked and the engine was off the man stepped out and started for the cabin."Got swept up in some hunting business, you know how it goes." He spoke on his way up the stairs, it was a mild apology but mostly he was just letting the other man know his reasoning for being late. "How was the rest of the rest of the celebration? Missy enjoy herself?" He got the feeling that even if Emile hadn't returned to the festivities the man had at least watched from his perch on the cabin's porch.​
NanLia NanLia

Isla+Fisher+Now+See+Premieres+NYC+FcbwjhckdwQl.jpg
bTU0wF0.png
DEincn1.jpg
Brendan watched Evelyn, taken aback as she address Davenport with familiarity. It surprised him further to hear the man reciprocate with venom to the woman beside him. He was aware that the Men of Letters had known the history of some of those living within the colony but hadn't expected it to be on a personal level. He glanced briefly to both Hendrix and Mackenzie before clearing his throat and speaking. "Ah, well. Miss Brimley, clearly you know Mr. Davenport. With him are Councilmen Hendrix and his Aide, Cannonach - "

Brimley smiled slowly as Elijah spoke back to her harshly - to be expected given how they parted ways so many years ago. While she was mournful that her actions had caused a rift between them, it had elevated her to her current position, such as it was. She pursed her lips and clucked at Eli with disappointment. "Clearly it's been sometime since you've had a decent row." She pouted playfully. "I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to brush up on that wicked tongue of yours while I'm here." She glanced over to the pair of hunters watching her. "Ah, the Nephilim and the Prophet." She stepped forward, to extend her hand to the woman, whom was closest. "Evelyn Brimley, Director of Acquisitions, Men of Letters."

Mackenzie's dark eyes roamed over the woman as she approached, while she was curious about the Men of Letters after reading about them in the first few pages of her mothers personal journal but watching Elijah's reaction was enough for her to keep it to herself for the moment. She looked past the woman, and her extended hand, to Brendan. "We need a cell, made of bronze and iron. Something that can hold the girl until we can figure out how to stop whatever is possessing her from breaking lose and killing us all. You got anything like that?"
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Safton Safton

hK2KbsO.jpg
Christopher looked down at the kitsune as he approached the gates once more. He'd been gone for a time, long enough for the humans of the colony to acknowledge his lacking presence. "Should they wish to see you," He said without much conviction. He turned to climb down the ladder on the inside of the wall, out of sight of the kitsune as he sent a text to the Council members on his list. Alpha Kitsune at the door. Kitty wants to come in, he's done playing outdoors.

Chris knew the Council wouldn't prevent the kitsune's access. While he'd been MIA for a time, he hadn't actively worked against them and therefore wouldn't be an enemy. He signaled for the gate to be opened, enough to admit the Alpha through on foot."
*text sent to Elijah, Ashley-May, Brendan, William, Jon
Safton Safton
LucianGrey7971 LucianGrey7971

ro5JoB8.jpg
Emile raised an eyebrow at the younger wolfs half apology and quick suggestion he would know anything of 'what hunting was like.' He smiled, bemusedly but nodded. "Yes, it went well." Still at odds for him to speak his native language and know that Chase would understand him fully. "She fell asleep before it was over, Bart took her to sleep in the trailer. Better that way, let her get some decent sleep before they head North tomorrow." He nodded towards the cabin, leading Chase inside. No lights were on but a small fire burning in the wood stove illuminated the place enough for the wolves to see. "Everything alright at the colony?" He headed to the small 'living room' to drop down on the couch; he wasn't sure what Chase's intentions were but he knew they needed to talk, for once being able to fully understand one another. He patted the couch beside him, inviting his young love to join him.
Crono Crono

Amethyst

"May I have a pillow and blanket please." Amethyst half begged. If she was going to be laying there for awhile she thought that atleast she could be more comfortable than she was now which was almost nothing. "Its really uncomfortable..." Amethyst mumbled out. Thinking on what to say she decided that silence was probably her best bet. However, when she heard a distinctive set of words she shivered. "Men of letters..." Amethyst mumbled out quietly. Feeling a burning in her head she cringed and tensed up. Pulling her knees towards her chest the pain picked up before dissipating very slowly. Sniffling she tasted copper before sneezing.

"I think I have a nose bleed." Amethyst spoke up. "I mean.. I did but nows its uhm... Im sorry. I cant see where it is." She said in reference to sneezing. Sniffling again she began to think on the words more. Feeling the pain returning her nose began to bleed again "Its back." Amethyst whined unable to do anything at the moment to help herself. Now entirely focused on her nosebleed she completely forgot about what she was pondering only seconds before.

Safton Safton
NanLia NanLia

Last edited:

Chase hummed his acknowledgement before entering the cabin, "Yeah, some girl got a significant body count in town from what I'm told. I'm sure it'll be all over the news, Mackenzie mentioned seeing it messing with her connection to heaven." Chase shrugged lightly, it was what it was. He eyed the man with a playful suspicion when Emile patted the seat next to him but moved to drop down on the couch next to him and leaned back stretching his arms across the back of the couch with one going behind the other man. "Curse, possession, or otherwise we still hadn't narrowed it down too far when I'd left. Anyhow, they've got her subdued at Vitae for the time being until it's figured out." Which would hopefully be before the pack settled into the colony, because the last thing they needed was a bomb waiting to go off next door.​
NanLia NanLia

1547523606006.png
Elijah never lowered his glare from Evelyn. She took his scathing remark in stride -- a skill she clearly hadn't forgotten in the years since they'd last seen one another. He bit back a retort of his own, his phone buzzing in his pocket. He reluctantly ceased his glaring, instead fishing his phone from his pocket to glance at the text he had received. Scanning the message, his attention was once again taken away: this time to their prisoner. The girl was begging for a pillow and blankets, not to mention help with her nosebleed. Eli felt a pang of sympathy, moving forward to help. William leaned into the Beast, fishing out a small plaid blanket before handing it off to Elijah who draped it over the girl's form. Davenport removed his jacket to gingerly place it behind the girl's head. He was glancing around for something to staunch the nosebleed when Brendan, a mask of cautious sympathy (and understandable confusion at the strange girl's presence) on his face, stepped forward with a handkerchief. Elijah nodded his thanks before dabbing lightly at Amethyt's upper lip -- he was hardly about to undo the shackles and let her hold the cloth in place herself.

1547523624066.png
DEincn1.jpg

William had stepped aside to allow Eli to tend to the girl; it seemed they wouldn't be getting any answers out of her at the moment. He turned his attention to Evelyn, giving her a cool, dispassionate glance. Elijah had told him all about the woman and the organization she represented. He had little doubt that if this meeting had happened out on the road prior to the rise of the First Sin, they'd have already come to blows with one another. As it was, the Men of Letters were unfortunate allies of Vitae against Adam. That didn't mean he would be letting his guard down around the enigmatic woman anytime soon, however.

Will turned his attention away from her, looking to Brendan who seemed to be watching Eli tend to Amethyst with pursed lips -- fatherly instincts no doubt kicking in despite what she was. "Brendan," William said softly, snapping the Elder from his reverie as he glanced at him quizically. "The cell," he reminded him.

Brendan nodded quickly. "Ah, right. I'll see what we can arrange."

Will nodded, glancing to see Elijah offering him his phone with a message on the screen. He frowned; they hadn't heard from the Alpha Kitsune in some time. He hadn't been an enemy to VItae, but William was not in the mood for wild cards at this point.

"Yep, lots of people have grown predictable and complacent." Chaos said in a sour tone.
He really hadn't been doing his job right. Too many races and beings sought to make order, even when that order left them at the bottom of the heap. They feared what he represented, yet it was the only way to change.
"Luckily, things have been upsetting the status quo." Chester continued, sounding more chipper. "And here we are, throwing in with humans. I remember when the first ones were running around. Annoying at first, but they grow on you."
He glanced back over at Tara.
"I must ask, what was it that made you want to not harm humans?" He asked. "Most bitten vampires don't give it a second thought. Or at least, the ones I've seen."

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

She sighs. “Franklin and his nest found me when they killed my sire.” She says softly. “They don’t take well to rogues in their territory. And one of Franklin’s rules is that we don’t kill humans. He was willing to take me in, give me a family, as long as I didn’t break that rule.” She looks down at her hands. “Empathy is… difficult now, but at least a little bit is still there. There are a few people I still like, and they don’t want me to kill.”

1547571142426.png

Thor fell down on one knee by the chest and almost reverentially brought his hand down towards the hammer, gripping it firmly and lifting it out of the chest. As the hammer felt it's master's touch, the runes began to glow fiercely with an azure light that filled the room and a crack of thunder could be heard outside. Thor rose again with a smile "It gladdens me that you kept it safe the way you did, normally I'd celebrate this reunion in my own way, but as I know humans aren't overly fond of thunderstorms I'll stay my hand. In any case, now that you've returned something to me, I will give back something of yours."

He brought up his hand to Adelaide's forehead, placing three fingers on it, and allowed his magic to flow into the psychic and re-activate the now dormant spell of protection he had placed on her before his death. Now with his restored power, he also strengthened it. He removed his hand and said "You shan't have to worry about having your mind invaded again, at least until the next time I end up pierced by a magic blade."

Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back