• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Elijah 8.jpg
ELIJAH

Elijah rolled his eyes, not particularly surprised that Ashley-May was considering a match between Max and Nick -- something that hadn't even crossed his mind. He couldn't imagine how agonizing it was for her to be surrounded by coworkers at the hospital that didn't have need of her services given their own entanglements. He had often heard of the rampant culture of hook-ups and occasional infidelity that dominated many hospitals, but his girlfriend's tales had confirmed that for him. He frequently teased her about it (when he felt he could get away with doing so): asking whether any of the nurses had invited her to a swinger's party after her shift or whether she'd finally met that rich surgeon that would sweep her off her feet. Ash's responses had predictably varied from ignoring his remarks to outright playing along along and confirming his "suspicions", oftentimes without missing a beat.

He paused as Ash questioned their initial destination. "Mac's stuff. Just in case... if we have to rush back for one reason or another, I don't want to give the little terror any ammunition asking why we don't have her precious supplies," his tone was one of faux disdain, but oozed with playfulness.

07f25bc53c1e0ce806852d54b317b528.jpg

GIDEON
Gideon put on his best, most innocent shining smile to the waitress as she bought their Dungeons & Dragons cover story, hook line and sinker. Typical fool. Offering his thanks as well, he relaxed more when she was out of earshot again. He turned his attention back to Christopher.

“A fire-breathing dickbag?” Gideon raised an eyebrow, uncertain exactly how to react to that news. That sounded like a dragon. Definitely not something he’d ever seen before, but he knew better than to dismiss it as something that didn’t exist.

“I’m sorry to hear about this Vitae place. At least you got out safe.” He raised his glass first to Christopher in a lazy toast, then to his lips to have a quick sip of his drink. He lifted one shoulder at Christopher’s question.

“Family money and investments.” He answered simply, the lie rolling off his tongue as easily as truth. “Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy getting my hands dirty, and I do own things other than suits and dress shirts, but I’ve found it an easier story for people to swallow if I’m some kind of businessman traveling. Or, if I need to play at being a professional something-or-other, people will respect a suit as someone in authority pretty easily.” He swirled his drink around, watching the liquid as it caught the lights above them, before raising his attention to Christopher’s face again. He appreciated the way the other man’s eyes looked in those same lights.

“I have noticed most full-timers are pretty thin on cash resources, which is unfortunate. Especially given how we tend to work alone, usually - so it's surprising to see so many together in one place, honestly.” He reached for the board, taking a piece of meat and cheese.

NanLia NanLia

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May smirked but nodded, knowing very well that Mac, more often than not, did not get along with Elijah unless under specific circumstances. Either they were on a hunt and focused, or they were in bed together. Anything in between Mac wasn’t the type to build relationships that didn’t have purpose. She was a socially awkward creature of habit, but over the years, Eli knew when to steer clear.

She took them to the first of a few destinations for the Inn pick up, a series of restaurants she tagged their supplies on, spread out to seem innocuous. Things Ash would never think of being a problem, Mac hid from the general public. Like the sheer amount of salt they accumulated. Ash’s first thought was to simply go to Walmart or some other cheap wholesaler but leaving the store with pounds of salt almost weekly was suspicious.

The second of their stops for the hunter was various thrift stores. Deals were made with the owners to set aside pure silver items. Mac still forged their bullets in Maxwell's garage at least once a week. They’d needed far fewer since arriving at the Inn but that didn’t stop the tiny hunter from building up a store of them. Anything they needed, she stockpiled.

After finishing loading the last of the hunter's gear Ash turned to Eli with a concerned glance to the armament. “Do you think we’ll ever need all this?” It worried her, that they would. She hoped Mac was simply being paranoid but everyone had thought she’d been paranoid at the colony before the Dragon had incinerated it.

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher raised an eyebrow as Gideon questioned the commentary about the dragon, surprised that word hadn’t spread further. However, he thought, that part of that was likely due to most of the colony moving North into Canada’s wilds and secluding themselves from the rest of the hunting community.

It was hard to trust hunters now. He’d heard plenty of talk about split allegiances, that some hunters were joining hands with the Legion of Hell and Adam’s Children; neither of which he could understand.

“That’s fair.” He said simply, that Gideon wasn’t wrong, being clean and well-kept made you far more amenable to the public, but it was a lot of upkeep if you spent plenty of time on the road. “Ah, well. That’s Mackenzie’s bankroll.” He shrugged. “And I guess William’s goodwill.” He chuckled softly. “I guess, theoretically, she’s got enough funds to move around like you do, but I guess she’s too much hunter and not enough civilian to pull it off full-time.”

He tapped a thumb at the rim of his glass, considering. “I came down to see what they were doing, and I’m still not sure if I’ll be here long term.” He lifted the glass and took a long swallow before setting it down again. “I… Couldn’t retire - again.” Chris shook his head, giving a self-deprecating sigh. “I thought I was done with hunting but after everything, I can’t just sit still anymore. Not when I could do something to stop it from happening again.”

GIDEON

"I can't blame you, about not wanting to retire. Hell, I don't think I know any Hunters that actually retire. Not willingly." Gideon shook his head, folding a piece of cheese in half, then in half again, breaking it into four small cubes. He stacked them on top of one another into a tiny cheese tower.

"I knew a guy out east, Boston area, who broke his back during a hunt. Nasty business, he barely got out. Something got the jump on him. If he hadn't been with his hunting partner at the time, he would have been dead. The guy's buddy called him an ambulance and made up a story about seeing him get hit by a car. Spends his days now drawing on disability and the occasional donation, and lives with his niece. Last I heard he watches a lot of daytime TV and drinks. Wheelchairs aren't really conducive to hunting, unfortunately, and he's still... going through some things. Understandably." Once again Gideon shook his head, popping one of the cheese squares in his mouth and chewing silently.

"Pretty sure I'd not last a week in his situation. I'd drive everyone around me insane first, and then follow close behind them. I do not do well in confined, boring spaces - as you can already guess." He flashed a devious grin at Christopher.

"But how do you even stop a dragon?" He asked, keeping his voice low so as to not raise any nearby eyebrows. "I mean - they're rather large bastards, aren't they? I'm used to people-sized things you can just... shoot. Or stab. I think I prefer stabbing."

Elijah Main.jpg
ELIJAH

Elijah didn't need to follow Ashley-May's gaze to know what she was referring to. The back of the vehicle was loaded with "provisions" that would only interest a hunter... but more than that, he could see it in her expression and hear it in her voice. He understood her question was spawned not from idle curiosity, but rather anxiety... and perhaps a not-so-distant fear. He pursed his lips, his grip on the steering wheel tightening slightly as he sighed. He was briefly silent, thinking over his reply.

He could reassure her: tell her that it was simply Mac being Mac, a legacy hunter and survivalist stockpiling in order to prepare for the worst case scenario. Doing as she was raised... as he was raised, too. He would deliver the comforting words with the best of intentions, of course. He knew his girlfriend desired nothing more than safety and stability for their family, especially since she had made it abundantly clear that she intended for said family to expand in the near future.

But the words rang hollow before he could even think to speak them. Ash would be able to know he was lying... she always could. Then again, it wouldn't do to come at her with a forecast of doom and gloom. Ash was stronger than she gave herself credit for and could likely handle it... but if he could spare her of that, he would. So instead he pursued the middle ground and a relative truth.

"I don't know," he said suddenly, breaking the silence. His tone was quiet, but warm. "I want to say that it's just a precaution... just Mac doing the only thing she knows... but we have to be realistic. We all thought we were safe in Vitae. Adam, Hypolyes... they're still out there, to say nothing of all of the minor-league monsters that are popping out of the woodwork every other week." He reached over to place his hand over her own. "But for now... we're safe. They don't know where we are. And there's no harm in being prepared, right? The safer we are, the more we can focus on actually living."

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher slowly shook his head as he listened to Gideon’s tale; truthfully, too many hunters ended up worse off than the man he knew out east. The thought of being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life made his stomach roil, but was it better than death? For a hunter? He didn’t want to find out. If he were being truly honest, there would be a deal made to get back on his feet, even if it condemned his soul - so far as he was aware, most hunters were destined for Heaven anyhow.

He tilted his head and gave a slow smirk, lifting the glass he’d been toying with to his lips to take a long drink and drain the rest of the amber liquid. “That, is a great question.” He breathed out, leaning back in the booth.

Chris set the glass at the edge of the table and flagged down the waitress, requesting a second. When she departed he went on. “Well, this one was human-sized - Eli says they can be the size of a mythical dragon but like most other creatures they can look like us.”

He paused again and thanked the waitress as she returned with his drink. He watched Gideon’s eyes as he waited for the woman to leave again before he went on. “

“There was a prophet in Vitae that said he could be killed but it would take a sword of a saint and that a man couldn’t do it.” He shook his head slowly. “I can’t remember the name of the saint but that sword was the reason why the dragon showed up at all - he believed it was hidden there. We still don’t know if he’s found it, I know Eli and Mac were part of a team researching where they could find it, but I don’t think anyone thought we already had it. And if we did, well. Fuck whoever kept it hidden and didn’t warn the rest of us.”

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May remained silent while she waited for Elijah to answer. She knew him well enough to know he was debating what to say and she wasn’t upset by it in the least. She trusted Elijah as much as she trusted Mackenzie; both legacy hunters would do everything in their power to keep them safe, and that included being cautious with information.

She chewed the inside of her cheek as she considered what he had said. It was a rare form for Elijah to admit uncertainty. He often projected confidence in all things, including what Mac brewed up behind the scenes, even if it were unhinged to her and everyone else who was not a legacy hunter.

Ash returned the squeeze to Eli’s hand and nodded. “No harm.” She agreed, keeping her eyes on the road.

She spotted an exit with a closed banner over the name of a restaurant. Another victim to the highway it appeared but she didn’t hesitate in turning on the flasher and taking the exit. When Elijah gave her a questioning look she shrugged. “How often do we get to be alone?” She asked, without expecting an answer. “There is always someone around, kid or adult.” She winked and smirked.

e6508792bf865d59b352722fb657e93d.jpg

MACKENZIE

Mackenzie’s eyes slowly opened. She sighed heavily as she took in her surroundings; the dark motel room, red and orange beams of light breaking through the blinds as they shifted under the air con’s breeze. She was hot, burning up and she didn’t need to think about why.

Will was curled up behind her, both kids were tucked in front of her and they had all taken a nap on the massive king bed, which was not uncommon for them. She smiled to herself, gently brushing and hand over Skye’s head, watching the girl scrunch her face and move away from the annoyance, only to make Liam pout in his sleep.

William had come to her rescue, once again, after her interaction with Gideon in the restaurant earlier. She hated coincidences; there were none, so far as she was concerned. Things happened for a reason and more often than not, it wasn’t a good reason. There were too many unknowns with the strange hunter turning up and she’d been ready to run.

To be fair, she was always ready to run. In Vitae she thought it had been paranoia; no one else had been concerned. He’d managed to talk her off the ledge and was able to help her see that one hunter rolling up here after an encounter was not unusual. They were the only cheap motel in several hundred miles and one that would take a cash deposit.

Mac shifted enough to look over her shoulder at Will, he wasn’t sleeping - he never slept, not since receiving the Grace. “Movie night?” She asked quietly.

dd58c50ebe40b922fd3997c39e8ab152.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Morgan lounged in the dying light; a day neglecting her responsibilities at the motel had been in desperate order and while she would pay for it in extra work later she didn’t regret her choices.

After they’d cleaned out the restaurant and been nearly chased out by the management team for just how much they’d consumed, Brody had suggested they go for a run - not at the National Park that abutted the motel. With all the traffic there, it was far too dangerous, plus, two wolves that weren’t native to the area wouldn’t do them any good either.

With convincing from Adelaide she relented and went for the ride. They picked up provisions (more food and drink) and drove more than an hour away to a secluded forest land. There were nature trails here, plenty of hikers and traffic but Brody had reassured them it would be fine.

He hadn’t been wrong. A short hike down one of the trails he led them off the main path and through the woods fair distance to a clearing near a small pond. It was picturesque and honestly could have been in the forest by their home if the trees had been large and the temperature cooler.

They spent the day here, running, napping, eating and generally being carefree; and she loved it.

Brody padded back into the clearing after doing a quick patrol of their area. As much as he was confident that no one else ever wandered this far into the bush, he wouldn’t let his guard down now.

He returned to find Morgan sprawled in the soft grass, Addy lying in the fading sun with her head on the other wolf's belly as a pillow. He would have thought to be jealous, to see the pair like this but instead, it made him happy.

Brody approached the pair and dropped down onto the grass beside Adelaide, groaning as he stretched out beside her.

Will Look Gif.gif

WILLIAM

William knew the very moment his wife woke up. He could hear the change in her breathing, feel the shift in her "aura" or whatever it was through their soul bond. He waited, patiently, spooning the tiny woman from behind with a protective arm tossed over her waist. Finally she came to entirely and turned to acknowledge him and he gave her a small albeit warm smile, not wanting to risk shifting forward to give her a kiss lest he wake the toddlers.

Will's eyebrows rose at Mackenzie's suggestion. It had been some time since they'd had a movie night together. The fact that she was even suggesting it was a good sign... it meant she had likely calmed down in the wake of Gideon's arrival earlier. He pushed such thoughts from his mind, simply smiling wider and nodding. "Sounds good, babe," he murmured. "You choose." He glanced down at the forms of the sleeping Skye & Liam tangled up between them, mentally calculating just how to disentangle themselves from them for the time being in order to get the movie and snacks squared away.

Adelaide 3.jpg

ADELAIDE

Adelaide grinned at Brody as the hulking, dark-furred wolf approached and plopped unceremoniously onto the grass next to herself and Morgan. As Brody stretched out, contorting his body this way and that, Addy didn't hesitate to reach out and run her palm along his mane, flank, and abdomen. Though she had initially feared the gesture might come across as demeaning, neither of the wolves had even hinted at the notion of turning down belly rubs from her whenever she offered them.

She was utterly relieved that she had decided to tag along with Brody and Morgan, escaping whatever drama was unfolding at the Inn. Spending the afternoon with the two of them had been nothing short of magical. Despite the initial awkwardness as the three of them maneuvered around unknown territory in their blossoming relationship -- such as it was -- Adelaide found being with the two wolves... easy. Simple, in the best possible way. When she finally had finally allowed herself to take the proverbial plunge, she found it hadn't been the Herculean task she had made it up to be in her mind. It was nothing more than opening her heart up fully to two people who were already dear friends to her... people she almost felt as if she had known all her life.

And that had led to experiences like this one. Sure, she had struggled to keep up with the seemingly-boundless energy of the wolves as they ran through the forest. But they never left her behind fully: always circling back to check on her before scampering off into the underbrush to chase one another, only to pop up again moments later. By the time all was said and done between the running and the eating, they were exhausted and intent on crashing... which brought them here.

"All clear?" Adelaide asked the Pack Guardian as she rubbed at his belly, her tone half-sincere and half-teasing. She knew he took it upon himself to protect them both: it was his most deeply-ingrained instinct. It wasn't one she would ever dream of begrudging him for. She also didn't expect a verbal answer beyond a whine or grumble... but it didn't stop her from asking all the same.

GIDEON

While a more novice hunter might have found the idea of a man-sized dragon to be preposterious (or the idea of dragons, period, too much to believe), Gideon was just experienced enough to take things at face value. If a hunter said thar be dragons, walking amongst ye, then that was the truth until proven otherwise.

"Ah, of course, that makes sense." Not a hint of doubt in his voice, entirely seriously as he said it. He continued to fiddle with the pieces of cheese and meat, making little stacks of them as he ate and listened, as if he had a hard time keeping his hands still. He thanked the waitress as well and offered her a polite smile, reflexively, even though he hadn't asked for anything and needed nothing from her. Her existence was gone from his mind as soon as she turned her back and walked away, and his attention was fully back on Chris.

"A sword of a saint, and not by a man?" He popped a piece of meat into his mouth and chewed, rubbing his short beard with his other hand as he thought on it.

"St. Paul is usually depicted with a sword. The sword is supposed to represent how he was killed and made into a martyr - the Romans decapitated him. Then there's also - ah-" He snapped his fingers, trying to recall the name.

"St. Dymphna. Sometimes a sword, sometimes a lamp. That's a female saint, so maybe that somehow ties into the whole 'a man can't do it' thing. Unless the going theory is that 'man' means 'humankind' and not literally male?" He snorted a laugh and leaned forward, folding his arms on the table.

"God forbid you'd have to ask something non-human to do it. I don't suppose you have any friendly vampires in your back pocket, hrm? Anyway, I'm sure your handsome friend and utterly grouchy friend have made some progress and I'm spouting off ideas you've all already explored." Gideon took another drink from his glass.

"Sorry about your dragon problem." He commented, just as the waitress walked by with a stack of menus in hand, headed for another table. She cast them a glance, and Gideon quickly added: "Getting the math right so you follow the rules as written is tough when the rules leave so many unexplained gaps."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back