• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Supernatural Roommates

phibglib

“Together we is a fart, apart we is a butt.”
I’ve done this a few times, and I’ve figured it’s time to start it up again. The basic premise is that a bunch of supernatural creatures (elves, witches, fairies, vampires) move into the same house. That’s pretty much it. The premise might not seem that interesting, but interesting storylines and drama have happened in some of the versions of this I’ve done before.

I’ll post the RP thread one week from now. One week from then, this RP will become closed.

Here’s the character I’ll be playing. You can use this as a template.

Name: Mia Elizabeth Parker
Gender/Pronouns: Female/She/Her
Sexuality: Straight
Species: Demigoddess
Career: College student
Hobbies: Reading, meditation, exercise
Personality: Charismatic, affectionate, and elegant
Notes: - Mia is the daughter of a goddess who has gone by various names in human history. However, she would identify herself to a modern American as the minor Greek goddess Circe, and Mia does the same when talking about her mother.
- Mia can call upon her mother to turn her enemies into animals, although she has never done this.

Last edited:
I am interested!

I made a character. Might edit it later. Minor grammar edits at best. Thoughts?

Name: Erunmilrmerel 'Merel' Leormeathonan
Gender/Pronouns: Male/He/Him
Species: Elf/Spirit
Career: bartender
Hobbies: Being lazy, doing nothing, staring into space while doing nothing, naps, complaining, the company of others but will never admit the last one.
Personality: Merel can sometimes behave in a cold dreary manner. Unless he wants something in which case, he can throw on a smile and tell people what they want to hear to get what he wants. He's a fairly selfish man in that regards and is always trying to get something, but from time to time his guilt catches up to him and he tries do right by other people or make amends if he did someone wrong.

Appearance: in his ghostly appearance, he is a light blue translucent mist capable of changing shape and form.

Puppet body: He has an elf-like puppet body that looks perfectly how he did before his untimely demise. Every detail from his high cheek bones to his pointed ears down to his sharp chin. Smooth, polished and painted. One might not notice it was a puppet body unless one took close look inspection. Through the usage of the arcane his puppet body can move around with ease, change facial expression, store food and beverage, and perform many tasks a normal person could. Though being a ghost he lacks the need to eat as well as the taste buds to enjoy food.

He has long pale blonde hair with skin as white as snow. Bright dark yellow eyes with black sclera. He's 4'9 and fairly thin, such as an elf.

He wears various silk floral dress shirts, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a matching vest to go with it. A red handkerchief with the letter 'E' sits in his vest pocket. He has various dress pants and shoes of different colors depending on what shirt/vest he's wearing. Silk green socks with all of his outfits. A gold watch with a silver snake wrapping itself multiple times around the watch. Ruby gems serve as eyes to the snake. He sometimes wears cheap sunglasses so he can look like he's paying attention to someone without actually doing it.

Raven puppet- He has a puppet body that looks exactly like a raven. Has a voice box to allow him to caw like an owl, but also capable of using his own voice to which he uses to freak people out as a talking bird.

Backstory: Like all elves, Merel was born with an innate ability to use magic, but was also born with a rare magical birth defect. The magic that surged through his veins ravaged his body and drained the magic of nearby living creatures. When there were no creatures nearby to drain life energy from, his body was slowly devouring itself on the inside.

His father was a very powerful mage and very desperate. He used all sorts of healing magic and alchemical techniques which were all temporary fixes. Eventually his father would delve into necromantic rituals. Merel was 19 when his father would attempt to use a powerful necromantic ritual to try bind his son's soul to a vessel body, but the ritual would suffer complications before Merel's soul could be placed into the new vessel. Merel's ghostly form was trapped in the mortal world.

In his new ghostly form, his magic became unhinged and what little control he had over it was gone as he now wildly drained from everything nearby. His father nearly lost his life that day, and trapped Merel in the ritual room for nearly a year. His father used most of his wealth and power searching far and wide for a solution to his son's current situation. His father would pay a dwarf called 'The arcanist'. The dwarf offered a solution. He would create a body for his son, but it would cost him a fortune. It would take the dwarf two months to make the puppet elf out of a strange type of wood that grows underground and shares several properties found in stone. As a joke, the dwarf spent an additional three weeks making a raven body. Merel's father did not appreciate the joke, but over time, eventually Merel would.

Merel struggled with his puppet body, but by this time he had near control over his scourge magic. He still drained energy from those nearby, but it was barely noticable. Now that he's 22, he can freely roam the outside world with full control over himself. Though he still struggles with behaving normal and coping with his undead life.

Notes: scourged magic- because of his magic, he can drain energy from those around him, though for the most part he chooses not to.

Posession- since he is a ghost, he can possess objects or even living creatures, but controlling living creatures is very difficult and he has little experience doing so. Sentient creatures like humans are very difficult, let alone supernatural ones. Though a willing vessel makes it somewhat easier. Through posession of living hosts, he can temporarily regain some of his senses; taste, smell and touch.

As a bartender he makes all sorts of drinks, but there are five drinks he invented and loves to make the most.

- Phantasm(alcoholic): a dark red ichor with a spicy taste that gives a strong burning sensation throughout the body. Very strong drink not for the feint of heart.

- The Banshee's kiss(alcoholic): A glowing pink beverage with a pleasant smell with bitter taste similar to dark chocolate. When consumed, the bright pink liquid becomes a black gaseous form with a foul rancid smell. Has a surprisingly pleasant aftertaste that leaves the person feeling uncontrollably happy. Not uncommon for someone to randomly burst into laughter.

- Icey Apparition(alcoholic): a orange frozen beverage that instantly melts in the mouth and has a fruity taste. A very sweet drink that becomes sour then sweet. Gives the person a temporary cold frosty breath as if they were standing outside in the winter cold.

- Grave Mystery(non-alcoholic): a dull gray scent scentless drink with an unusual but somehow 'familiar' taste which causes various random effects which differ from drink to drink and person to person. One may relive childhood memories, hear voices that aren't real, see things that aren't there, experience a feeling of emptiness or contempt or something completely different.

- Arcanist's serendipity(non-alcoholic): this particular drink is Merel's favorite drink. In making this drink, he infuses a small amount of his own magic into the glass. Harmless in small doses. It is a color/flavor changing drink that does not follow the law of gravity. If left alone, the drink may float away from it's glass. When drank, the person experiences confusion, but also clarity. Excitement and disappointment and also a tingly feeling.

Last edited:
I made a character. Might edit it later. Minor grammar edits at best. Thoughts?

Name: Erunmilrmerel 'Merel' Leormeathonan
Gender/Pronouns: Male/He/Him
Species: Elf/Spirit
Career: bartender
Hobbies: Being lazy, doing nothing, staring into space while doing nothing, naps, complaining, the company of others but will never admit the last one.
Personality: Merel can sometimes behave in a cold dreary manner. Unless he wants something in which case, he can throw on a smile and tell people what they want to hear to get what he wants. He's a fairly selfish man in that regards and is always trying to get something, but from time to time his guilt catches up to him and he tries do right by other people or make amends if he did someone wrong.

Appearance: in his ghostly appearance, he is a light blue translucent mist capable of changing shape and form.

Puppet body: He has an elf-like puppet body that looks perfectly how he did before his untimely demise. Every detail from his high cheek bones to his pointed ears down to his sharp chin. Smooth, polished and painted. One might not notice it was a puppet body unless one took close look inspection. Through the usage of the arcane his puppet body can move around with ease, change facial expression, store food and beverage, and perform many tasks a normal person could. Though being a ghost he lacks the need to eat as well as the taste buds to enjoy food.

He has long pale blonde hair with skin as white as snow. Bright dark yellow eyes with black sclera. He's 4'9 and fairly thin, such as an elf.

He wears various silk floral dress shirts, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a matching vest to go with it. A red handkerchief with the letter 'E' sits in his vest pocket. He has various dress pants and shoes of different colors depending on what shirt/vest he's wearing. Silk green socks with all of his outfits. A gold watch with a silver snake wrapping itself multiple times around the watch. Ruby gems serve as eyes to the snake. He sometimes wears cheap sunglasses so he can look like he's paying attention to someone without actually doing it.

Raven puppet- He has a puppet body that looks exactly like a raven. Has a voice box to allow him to caw like an owl, but also capable of using his own voice to which he uses to freak people out as a talking bird.

Backstory: Like all elves, Merel was born with an innate ability to use magic, but was also born with a rare magical birth defect. The magic that surged through his veins ravaged his body and drained the magic of nearby living creatures. When there were no creatures nearby to drain life energy from, his body was slowly devouring itself on the inside.

His father was a very powerful mage and very desperate. He used all sorts of healing magic and alchemical techniques which were all temporary fixes. Eventually his father would delve into necromantic rituals. Merel was 19 when his father would attempt to use a powerful necromantic ritual to try bind his son's soul to a vessel body, but the ritual would suffer complications before Merel's soul could be placed into the new vessel. Merel's ghostly form was trapped in the mortal world.

In his new ghostly form, his magic became unhinged and what little control he had over it was gone as he now wildly drained from everything nearby. His father nearly lost his life that day, and trapped Merel in the ritual room for nearly a year. His father used most of his wealth and power searching far and wide for a solution to his son's current situation. His father would pay a dwarf called 'The arcanist'. The dwarf offered a solution. He would create a body for his son, but it would cost him a fortune. It would take the dwarf two months to make the puppet elf out of a strange type of wood that grows underground and shares several properties found in stone. As a joke, the dwarf spent an additional three weeks making a raven body. Merel's father did not appreciate the joke, but over time, eventually Merel would.

Merel struggled with his puppet body, but by this time he had near control over his scourge magic. He still drained energy from those nearby, but it was barely noticable. Now that he's 22, he can freely roam the outside world with full control over himself. Though he still struggles with behaving normal and coping with his undead life.

Notes: scourged magic- because of his magic, he can drain energy from those around him, though for the most part he chooses not to.

Posession- since he is a ghost, he can possess objects or even living creatures, but controlling living creatures is very difficult and he has little experience doing so. Sentient creatures like humans are very difficult, let alone supernatural ones. Though a willing vessel makes it somewhat easier. Through posession of living hosts, he can temporarily regain some of his senses; taste, smell and touch.

As a bartender he makes all sorts of drinks, but there are five drinks he invented and loves to make the most.

- Phantasm(alcoholic): a dark red ichor with a spicy taste that gives a strong burning sensation throughout the body. Very strong drink not for the feint of heart.

- The Banshee's kiss(alcoholic): A glowing pink beverage with a pleasant smell with bitter taste similar to dark chocolate. When consumed, the bright pink liquid becomes a black gaseous form with a foul rancid smell. Has a surprisingly pleasant aftertaste that leaves the person feeling uncontrollably happy. Not uncommon for someone to randomly burst into laughter.

- Icey Apparition(alcoholic): a orange frozen beverage that instantly melts in the mouth and has a fruity taste. A very sweet drink that becomes sour then sweet. Gives the person a temporary cold frosty breath as if they were standing outside in the winter cold.

- Grave Mystery(non-alcoholic): a dull gray scent scentless drink with an unusual but somehow 'familiar' taste which causes various random effects which differ from drink to drink and person to person. One may relive childhood memories, hear voices that aren't real, see things that aren't there, experience a feeling of emptiness or contempt or something completely different.

- Arcanist's serendipity(non-alcoholic): this particular drink is Merel's favorite drink. In making this drink, he infuses a small amount of his own magic into the glass. Harmless in small doses. It is a color/flavor changing drink that does not follow the law of gravity. If left alone, the drink may float away from it's glass. When drank, the person experiences confusion, but also clarity. Excitement and disappointment and also a tingly feeling.
Well, you certainly put a lot of thought into your character. I’m impressed.

Hey, this sounds like a blast!

I'll get to work on a character sheet tomorrow, but also wanted to express interest for the time being.

Took a couple extra days- sorry! Anyways, let me know if I should tweak anything?

1670536158898.pngBasics:
Full Name: Kirali Faylen "Fay" Aennai Dúar Aírlir
Pronunciation: Kir-ali Fae-len Eye-nigh Do-are Are-leer
Species/Breed: Faerie- Leannán sídhe, a faerie muse
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Relationship Status: Single
Career: Novelist

Personality:
Personality: One might describe Fay as catlike, with her demure-seeming-yet-mischievous nature. In most cases, Fay is easy-going enough, but she won't take any perceived insult lying down. Fay is quite passionate, can be quite brash, and has trouble reigning in her bubbly personality. Despite what one might expect from a faerie, Faylen is not exactly the most subtle sort, and can be surprisingly open about her own feelings and situations. Though she is fairly clever, she is also apt to dive in to a situation without fully thinking it through.
Likes: Artists, berries and honey, pranks/tricks, bonfires
Dislikes: Salt, dishonesty
Fears: Being chained down
Strengths: Determined, tries hard to cheer others up, adaptability
Flaws: Can over focus on a cause to her own detriment, can be awkward around heavy emotions, has trouble setting roots

Physical:
Height: 5'7"; horns add another four inches at their peak
Weight: 134lbs
Body Type: Curvy, though thin
Additional: Not depicted in the photo are a pair of large wings; butterfly like in shape, dragonfly like in material. She can fold them up to take up less space and trail behind her.
Piercings/Tattoos: None
Scars/Distinguishing Marks: None

Abilities:
Flying: Fay has wings and can use them to fly. Physical fatigue will negatively impact her height and speed. Strong wind currents at high altitudes will also impede her. She cannot fly far, or for long, but can get out of a tricky situation if need be.
Magic: Faylen has the ability to use some basic elemental magic, as well as some other abilities- minor healing, minor hypnosis, and the ability to cast a glamour on something. None of these abilities are particularly strong.
Enhanced: Despite looking so close to a human, Fay is not one. She has improved stamina, vitality, and senses compared to a human.

Weaknesses:
Iron: Being fey, iron is a powerful ward against Fay. Contact with it will burn her.
Lying: Again, due to being a faerie, Fay cannot knowingly say something untrue. She can strongly imply that things are not true, though.
True Name: Anyone who knows a faerie's full name has complete power over them. As such, Faylen has refused to tell almost anyone any part of her name aside from Faylen.

Backstory:
Fay's childhood was simple, sweet, and blissful. She was loosely raised by as much a community of fey as one might find outside the courts. Where she had come from was just as much a mystery as it was for all other fey children- someone had simply found her one day, as an infant, and took her home to feed her, mind her, and help her not die. As Fay and the other children around her matured, and it was determined more specifically what sort each one was, Fay's elders were rather stumped on what to do with her. It had been some time since they'd had to teach a muse how to manage the human's world; the rest of them, and the sorts that they've raised for decades, had been able to thrive without leaving their own world for long, if at all. When she grew past the point of needing her kin's help anymore, Fay set off to the human world. She spent a couple of years tracking down artists in hopes of creating a mutually beneficial relationship, and finally found one that lasted for about three years. They recently broke up, her musician high on his success, and Fay thought that she'd give creating, instead of just inspiring, a shot herself.

Hey everyone, I’m sorry I abandoned this. I got obsessed with this amazing AI chatbot called ChatGPT. Its writing is usually indistinguishable from that of humans. I’ll post the RP thread soon. Also, I’m changing my character.

r yall still accepting?
I don’t see why not. I originally said I would be closing the RP a week after I posted the RP thread, so I guess I’ll close it a week from today. I’ll add you to the conversations right now.

Name: Yuki (pronounced yoo key)

FC599A1C-01A3-4392-9F18-05AFA291C1B4.jpeg

Gender/Pronouns: Female/She/Her

Age: 1350, but looks 16 because that is when she was turned.

Height: 6 ft

Weight: basically weightless

Eye color: blue

Hair color: white as snow

Attire: very slender and beautiful. Wears blue and white traditional formal Japanese clothing. Has white hair and blue eyes. Has a soft face, but to others it looks stern.

Sexuality: straight

Species: Yuki Onna (woman of the snow) (this version is like a snow vampire)

Career: runs a snow cone and ice cream food truck

Hobbies: grabbing iced coffee, freezing people in place,

Personality: cutesy personality. She just wants someone to love. She tries to be polite, but it can be hard at times because people cant look into her eyes due to her intimidating gaze (an ability she can not turn off).

Frost breath, flash freezing, hovering, intimidating gaze, can transform into a cloud of snow. Everyone she touches has the risk of frostbite. She has healing abilities due to training with an ice mage when she was young, but it takes a lot out of her. She can not die by most means because her body is made from snow. She is technically an undead being. A she can make a cloud of snow follow above her everywhere she goes (mainly to protect her from harsh sunlight and to keep her cold). Instead of sweating she melts a little bit. When melted, she can turn into a puddle, but dont worry, if she is brought to a cold area she can recompose herself.

Notes:
Humans tend to be afraid of her when they look her in the eyes. Because of this she wears sunglasses made from one way mirrors.

She can not enter private buildings without an invitation. Lives off of blood and the life force of others.

Likes: ice cream, cold, human blood (to eat) alcoholic beverages, iced coffee.

Dislikes: warmth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back