• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Superheroes and Villains Characters

ok shes a middle eastern girl. she has braids. ummmm her family was killed and to get by she became a pickpocket and worked her way into being a villain. she joined the apex tournament. however she fell in love with a transgender or none-gender bird man thing called Bloodhound. she kindof changed then because love changed her heart. she forgave the man who killed her parents.

she is both a hero but she had fallen back on stealing things. right? she is skinny, maybe 90 pounds. she has a staff that can act like a black market that she uses every 20 minutes. she can then steal three things within the staffs range. she can only steal three things at a time. ummmmmm. she hordes guns. she steals things that others say can not be stolen.

i was trying to give you an example from the superman series but there isnt anyone in that series like her.

her super hero power is teleporting from point A to point B, forwards and back. she has a 3 minute cool down time that means she cant do it again until another 3 minutes.

Last edited:
I could play another character? if you would like? if Loba violates your cannon or is not considered Villain "enough"? I could play as someone else? please let me know?

If you could that would be great, because we have come to the conclusion that your character, we simply can’t see how they would fit in this roleplay, I am sorry if you were really hoping to use her

If you could that would be great, because we have come to the conclusion that your character, we simply can’t see how they would fit in this roleplay, I am sorry if you were really hoping to use her
Do you have any suggestions on who I should play as? or do you have any premades? that would be cool!
should I make another custom? let me know? thank you!

also if you just do not want more people or do not want me to play, I would understand that too......
let me know!

Do you have any suggestions on who I should play as? or do you have any premades? that would be cool!
should I make another custom? let me know? thank you!

also if you just do not want more people or do not want me to play, I would understand that too......
let me know!

No it’s not that, you are welcome to play, we have many characters you could interact with. But me personally I prefer more original characters, not much in the way of pre-established characters, I still allow face claims of pre-established characters tho

Hero or villain or neutral: Hero

name: William Cobalt

Code name: Cambrian

Appearance: him normally A anime teen with a anomalocaris hoodie on (1).jpg
some of his transformationsA anime teen with a anomalocaris hoodie on.jpgA anime teen with a anomalocaris hoodie on (2).jpgA anime teen with a anomalocaris hoodie on (3).jpg
Powers/abilities: able to turn his body into creatures from the Cambrian era, able to turn existing animals into a more Cambrian looking creature, able to change the density of his skin

Weapons(optional): none

Weaknesses: too much darkness can render him blind for a short peirod

Backstory(optional): a researcher messing with Cambrian era DNA, he accidently drop the serum, it spread everywhere on his desk, even on his hand, which it then absorbed and made him able to take advantage of the chimera dna

Other info(optional):
Musicnotes Musicnotes

Hero or villain or neutral: Hero

name: William Cobalt

Code name: Cambrian

Appearance: him normally View attachment 1149949
some of his transformationsView attachment 1149950View attachment 1149951View attachment 1149952
Powers/abilities: able to turn his body into creatures from the Cambrian era, able to turn existing animals into a more Cambrian looking creature, able to change the density of his skin

Weapons(optional): none

Weaknesses: too much darkness can render him blind for a short peirod

Backstory(optional): a researcher messing with Cambrian era DNA, he accidently drop the serum, it spread everywhere on his desk, even on his hand, which it then absorbed and made him able to take advantage of the chimera dna

Other info(optional):
Musicnotes Musicnotes
Hmm I find this one pretty interesting. Approve

(Thats kind of an unfair comparison. Superman is leagues more pupular and well known than Apex)
I was trying to find someone that matched Loba in the superman universe, to explain Loba more; but I could not find a example. however if he didnt know superman or the people in his world; then he may not understand the example. I found one, but I am not sure you all will understand it.

Loba is like Knightcrawler power to teleport and Cables guns and weapons, both x-men, together........

It does not matter; this character was rejected anyways.

I was trying to find someone that matched Loba in the superman universe, to explain Loba more; but I could not find a example. however if he didnt know superman or the people in his world; then he may not understand the example. I found one, but I am not sure you all will understand it.

Loba is like Knightcrawler power to teleport and Cables guns and weapons, both x-men, together........

(One of them might correct me on this but I get the sense that's because when you described her powers you described them in the context of the game that she's in rather than what the powers would be if she were in this world. You described what they did in the mechanics of a game rather than the you described what they did in the mechanics of a game rather than the more abstract idea of written word)

I watch the role-play and read new posts but I don't play on it.
I needed to make a better, but I haven't done it.

Hero or villain or neutral: Neutral

name: Saros Oak

Code name: Gravewalker

Appearance: Pale skin, red eyes and hair (See picture)

Powers/abilities:
- Ghoul powers: Saros can die, but will retake him form after a long period of time, this time increases. He sees death as a curse, since his last wait was about 50 years. Within this period of time he is still consious, just doesnt have a body or way to comunicate, like he's spectating the world (I hope this isn't too OP, if he would die within the RP he wouldn't be back for like 75 years)
- Aim: Saros has better aim then the average human being, still not perfect though

Weapons(optional): A gun

Weaknesses: Afraid of death, not very resistent against extreme warmth or cold since he just retook his shape

Backstory(optional):
Saros Oak was born into a family of ancient lineage, rumored to have ties to the supernatural. From a young age, Saros displayed unusual characteristics, with his pale skin and striking red eyes and hair setting him apart from others. Raised in seclusion and under the guidance of a reclusive mentor, he learned to harness his enigmatic abilities.

As he matured, Saros discovered that he possessed the extraordinary power of the ghouls, granting him the ability to return from death after a prolonged period of time. However, each resurrection left a profound impact on his psyche, as he experienced a state of detached consciousness while awaiting his physical form to reform. This endless cycle of death and rebirth instilled in him a deep fear of mortality, leading him to perceive death as a curse rather than a natural part of existence.

Embracing the moniker "Gravewalker," Saros chose to walk a neutral path, neither fully embracing heroism nor villainy. His existence became shrouded in mystery as he wandered through the shadows, observing the world with a sense of detachment. His unique perspective on life and death granted him a profound understanding of the human condition, yet it also burdened him with an overwhelming sense of isolation.

Armed with a keen sense of aim, honed through dedicated practice and natural talent, Saros wielded a firearm as his weapon of choice. His skill with the gun, combined with his enigmatic powers, made him a formidable force to reckon with. However, despite his extraordinary abilities, Saros harbored vulnerabilities that stemmed from his fear of death, rendering him susceptible to extreme temperatures due to the taxing nature of his resurrection process.

As Gravewalker roamed the world, his presence evoked a sense of unease among those who crossed his path. Some viewed him as a harbinger of doom, while others sought to unravel the mysteries surrounding his existence. Yet, deep within the enigmatic figure of Saros Oak, lay a soul burdened by the weight of immortality and a longing for purpose amidst the eternal cycle of life and death.

Attachments

• afbeelding_2024-03-20_214614907.png
    afbeelding_2024-03-20_214614907.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 0
Hero or villain or neutral: Neutral

name: Saros Oak

Code name: Gravewalker

Appearance: Pale skin, red eyes and hair (See picture)

Powers/abilities:
- Ghoul powers: Saros can die, but will retake him form after a long period of time, this time increases. He sees death as a curse, since his last wait was about 50 years. Within this period of time he is still consious, just doesnt have a body or way to comunicate, like he's spectating the world (I hope this isn't too OP, if he would die within the RP he wouldn't be back for like 75 years)
- Aim: Saros has better aim then the average human being, still not perfect though

Weapons(optional): A gun

Weaknesses: Afraid of death, not very resistent against extreme warmth or cold since he just retook his shape

Backstory(optional):
Saros Oak was born into a family of ancient lineage, rumored to have ties to the supernatural. From a young age, Saros displayed unusual characteristics, with his pale skin and striking red eyes and hair setting him apart from others. Raised in seclusion and under the guidance of a reclusive mentor, he learned to harness his enigmatic abilities.

As he matured, Saros discovered that he possessed the extraordinary power of the ghouls, granting him the ability to return from death after a prolonged period of time. However, each resurrection left a profound impact on his psyche, as he experienced a state of detached consciousness while awaiting his physical form to reform. This endless cycle of death and rebirth instilled in him a deep fear of mortality, leading him to perceive death as a curse rather than a natural part of existence.

Embracing the moniker "Gravewalker," Saros chose to walk a neutral path, neither fully embracing heroism nor villainy. His existence became shrouded in mystery as he wandered through the shadows, observing the world with a sense of detachment. His unique perspective on life and death granted him a profound understanding of the human condition, yet it also burdened him with an overwhelming sense of isolation.

Armed with a keen sense of aim, honed through dedicated practice and natural talent, Saros wielded a firearm as his weapon of choice. His skill with the gun, combined with his enigmatic powers, made him a formidable force to reckon with. However, despite his extraordinary abilities, Saros harbored vulnerabilities that stemmed from his fear of death, rendering him susceptible to extreme temperatures due to the taxing nature of his resurrection process.

As Gravewalker roamed the world, his presence evoked a sense of unease among those who crossed his path. Some viewed him as a harbinger of doom, while others sought to unravel the mysteries surrounding his existence. Yet, deep within the enigmatic figure of Saros Oak, lay a soul burdened by the weight of immortality and a longing for purpose amidst the eternal cycle of life and death.
(Honestly I would say you could probably get away with having him come back after like a day.)

Hero or villain or neutral: hero

name: Lisha

Code name: Night stalker

Appearance: Curved and slender with a exo like body armor and skeleton

Powers/abilities: super strength/super jump/pink laser eyes/flight [with hidden wings]

Weapons(optional): claws and fangs

Weaknesses: touched at her neck fur and rizzing man

Backstory(optional): as larva lisha was send to earth as her planet was about to explode as she arrived in ireland she was picked up by a forest ranger she grew up to be the best hero ireland could have

Other info(optional): none

My first time actually posting to this site, and really my first time putting up a character bio anywhere except for a TTRPG campaign in a LONG while, so let me know if I screw something up. Also, sorry if this is like, no longer active. The last post was just over a week ago so I just thought I'd shoot my shot and see where it goes.

Name: Dr. Valarie "Val" LaRue

Appearance: Look at the pretty art I made :)

Weapons: Val typically leans on automated gun turrets to do her fighting for her, but if push comes to shove, wrenches make decent clubs. Of course, Val is physically weak, especially compared to somebody with supernatural abilities, so she tries to avoid that at every opportunity. Unfortunately for her, these turrets take time and effort to set up, meaning she is extremely weak on her own, but a menace if given time to set up or an objective to secure in advance.

Backstory: Valarie, or Val for short, was born and raised in Plymouth, England. Always the curious sort, she long dreamed of being a commercial pilot like her father, until her short stature and physical frailty kicked that dream out of her hands. Despite this, she kept her head held high, going to school for aeronautical engineering in order to keep her passion for aircraft alive. Along the way, her passion for robotics was sparked by a professor, and after graduating, she opted to go into vigilante work, fighting crime not with the supernatural, but the mundane.

Other Information: Val has a love for classic rock, model airplanes, and her motorcycle, all of which she wouldn't give for the world. She loves anchovies on pizza, and would never adopt a pseudonym or alias because she "simply doesn't have a flare for the dramatic.". She is also extremely stubborn, refuses help until she absolutely needs it, and is generally a reclusive shut-in.

And there we go, hope to hear back soon, and hope I'm not breaking theme/setting too much with this.

Attachments

• val_reference_complete.png
    val_reference_complete.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 2
My first time actually posting to this site, and really my first time putting up a character bio anywhere except for a TTRPG campaign in a LONG while, so let me know if I screw something up. Also, sorry if this is like, no longer active. The last post was just over a week ago so I just thought I'd shoot my shot and see where it goes.

Name: Dr. Valarie "Val" LaRue

Appearance: Look at the pretty art I made :)

Weapons: Val typically leans on automated gun turrets to do her fighting for her, but if push comes to shove, wrenches make decent clubs. Of course, Val is physically weak, especially compared to somebody with supernatural abilities, so she tries to avoid that at every opportunity. Unfortunately for her, these turrets take time and effort to set up, meaning she is extremely weak on her own, but a menace if given time to set up or an objective to secure in advance.

Backstory: Valarie, or Val for short, was born and raised in Plymouth, England. Always the curious sort, she long dreamed of being a commercial pilot like her father, until her short stature and physical frailty kicked that dream out of her hands. Despite this, she kept her head held high, going to school for aeronautical engineering in order to keep her passion for aircraft alive. Along the way, her passion for robotics was sparked by a professor, and after graduating, she opted to go into vigilante work, fighting crime not with the supernatural, but the mundane.

Other Information: Val has a love for classic rock, model airplanes, and her motorcycle, all of which she wouldn't give for the world. She loves anchovies on pizza, and would never adopt a pseudonym or alias because she "simply doesn't have a flare for the dramatic.". She is also extremely stubborn, refuses help until she absolutely needs it, and is generally a reclusive shut-in.

And there we go, hope to hear back soon, and hope I'm not breaking theme/setting too much with this.
Oh god I accidentally used an emoji, I'll go turn this off if I can figure out how

Users who are viewing this thread

Back