• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wolfspider:

"Crap-baskets!!" came a squeak from the newly made super, awesome, amazing Wolfspider, and he did the only thing he could do at the time.

With a motion that seemed almost a blur, Wolfspider held his hand out perpendicular to the trajectory of the spirit, let loose a bolt of silky adhesive, and yanked hard. What came with that was a sudden blur of the room as he pulled himself hard away from the spirit that had come at him like something Adam Cimber would've let loose at a batter that was worth their salt. Still getting used to his abilities meant that, this time, however, he wasn't so graceful on the landing. Again, the Amazing Wolfspider found himself pitched and rolling across the ground, having frantically clawed himself back up to his feet with his hands up. What to do here - what to do?! It was the first time he saw something like a Ghost at all, and the others in the next room were talking about "Zapping" it like it was some sort of street thug. For now, all he did was what he knew how to do best.

"Uh," his voice squeaked out, laughing nervously. "Heh, uh.. Hi. Uh.." "Think, you loser!!" he mentally shouted to himself. "uh.. I uh, I can't tell you my real name, mister, but uh.. I - you can call me the Wolfspider! It uh.. I was kinda inspired by Spiderman an-" he shook his head. "Sorry. That's dumb. C-could you maybe tell me your name? We don't have to fight, do we? Fighting isn't a good way to make friends, after all. Haha..."

Wolfspider wasn't aware of what his voice could do. The bank robbery that he had talked down when he was younger, for instance, he thought was just a fluke, or maybe good people in a bad place. He didn't know that his voice had a touch of magick to it, and what it meant. Still, knowing or not, he was looking for his next step. One very slow, nearly imperceptible movement of his foot as he looked past the beams holding the structure together, and he was now more easily able to recognize at least one of the two in the room.

Grave Speaker?! he thought to himself. Oh boy, this is not a good situation. If she's here, it could only mean this guy really is a ghost... How do I even talk to a ghost? Who were they? Are they stuck here like how the TV shows make it look? Did something bring it here?

Admittedly, he was too dumb for these kinds of things and he knew it. He was only ten, after all, and didn't know much - if anything at all about the occult. All he knew was what he saw on television, in books, and comics. He'd add video games to the list, but he's never played any. So the next scene was playing out in his mind. If he could get the ghost to stop for a moment and speak, then that was great and they could talk! Maybe he could make the ghost not do something bad like hurt Grave Speaker again, and maybe even be friends? If not, though... Well, he wasn't sure anything he could do like spin his webs would really affect the being. They were supposed to be incorporeal, and if he remembered his English classes well enough, it meant that he could throw a building at it and it wouldn't faze the being. All he had at the moment was his voice and an escape plan, which included maybe drawing it away from Grave Speaker so she could do what she had to, but...

"Mister..." he piped up, frowning behind his mask. "Look, no one needs to be hurt. I just wanna know your name, okay? Nothing bad is gonna happen, because good people don't get hurt by other good people - not on purpose, at least. Everyone has someone they care about, and I'm guessing you did before you.. uh.. If you have someone you care about, it doesn't make you bad, does it? Maybe you're scared or sad - or even angry, and that's okay. We can work it out, so... Maybe we could not move as fast as Adam Cimber's fastball, please?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Time: Approximately 09:00
Location: Top Hill Trail Vernonia / Banks Trail, Buxton, Oregon
At Scene:
Probationary Superhero Alexandria
Threat Level: Zero, Civilian Injury call, difficult location to access.
Known Threats: None

1543829310523.pngCoated in a forest practically impervious to Air Rescue, the Top Hill Trail/Banks Trail was a beautiful but potentially dangerous hiking spot. The hiker, a young, 20-something-year-old, healthy woman had taken a tumble down a hill off the trail. She had clearly hit hard, and while her phone was intact and went off silently as the VI had intended, there was no response. She had gone unconscious since she had sent out the SOS.

Once Alexandria got there, it would be pretty apparent that the poor girl wasn't in great shape. She was splayed out with her waist at the tree trunk that had stopped her descent. She was on her back, but her right ankle was turned at an odd angle and her right forearm was doing its best attempt at making a 'Z' shape. There was a slowly bleeding wound on her right leg just above her ankle that hadn't clotted up yet, and a number of scrapes and budding bruises on her right side in general. Her breathing was shallow but consistent, no rasping, BP a little low and her pulse a little tachycardic.

Osuka Osuka

Alexandria:

Well, shit.

It wasn't more than maybe five minutes after she had left her base. She didn't think far ahead enough. During her days as a villain, things were pretty simple. Have four backup plans in case the first four plans in total didn't work out, with the last one being so crazy and desperate that it only worked in the dumbest of movies, but they worked. Now, she had gotten soft. She lost her villainous edge and didn't think about the hiker being unconscious. She didn't think about all the wounds - serious wounds, that would've accumulated. The only way to get the girl back was...

"Namia, open the armor front-side," she said with a sigh parting her lips after touching down. Namia had obviously done as she was told, the entire front of the armor opening as if invisible seams had made themselves come into existence, splaying out like a petal in full bloom after the armor had laid itself down. "I'm going to set her injuries and place her in the armor-"

"Ms. Norman, if I may-"

"Nope," she interjected, cutting Namia off very quickly. "Instead, you may eject one pulse pistol from the holster with three reloads and radio the nearest hospital stating our intent."

"Ms. Norman, while it is not common, there have been sightings of carnivorous species in these woods, and with the current season, they may have grown hungry."

A groan left her lips as she pulled a cord from her belt, hooked it to a nearby stump, and slowly lowered herself to hover above the spot the girl was dangling from. "Yeah, I know, Namia. Eject the pulse pistol, float the armor over here, and open it as far as possible to make a platform. While you're at it, send out a flare for wildlife rescue to let them know we found her. Radio them afterwards and let them know I'm on-scene and the armor is transporting her to the nearest hospital."

That being said, the armor itself on its back floated with a pulse from its engines and did as instructed, opening as far as possible, sending out both a radio signal afterwards as well as a flare. Namia's subroutines had decided to repeat this process once airborne with precious cargo. Alexandria herself was at least smart enough to upgrade her own suit. A network of synthetic muscle was weaved into the suit after her last round with Ares, which allowed her increased strength, not by much. She would've needed more if she was going to lift cars and such, but a body was fine enough. For now, she didn't want to wake the woman while she was dangling as precariously as she currently was, so the only option thus far was to get her onto the armor's splayed frame and then begin her work.

It wasn't going to be easy to say the least, but the platform was close enough and in the proper position to roll the girl onto it. Whether she woke up or not was not as much of the problem, since the chassis locked itself around her midsection and feet. The girl wouldn't be falling out. Afterwards was a simple float back up to the top, with Alexandria clambering up after the platform, and waking her up.

"Ma'am," she started, gently tapping the girl's cheek. "Ma'am, if you can hear me, my name is Alexandria Norman. I got your SOS and have secured you in my armor to ensure you do not further agitate your injuries. Your arm is broken in two places, your ankle is broken, and you have multiple open wounds. I'm going to have to set your arm and patch you up before Namia can pilot the suit to a nearby hospital. Do you understand what I've said so far? All I need is a nod."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Lord Caesar, A-Class Superhero Jupiter, B-Class Superhero Red Rover
Threat Level: Zero

1543830088882.pngPain.

What happened? Where was she? Was she alive? She could feel all her fingers and toes and everything like it was on fire, like her flesh had been seared back onto her... if that even made sense. She didn't move at first, scared to, hesitant to... What happened? What... There was an explosion, right? A second one. Everything got so hot, so bright, and then... then what?

She couldn't remember anything else. She was here. That's what came next... and that voice. It was so sweet, singsong, feminine. It almost scared her. It knew her name. It knew the name of someone else she knew as well... We've been... chosen? We'll rise again? What is this nonsense? Who're those people? Astrella... that's a school up north, right? And a missing girl? This is insane. she thought to herself, her own mental voice so loud in the silence of her mind. She was aware of someone talking near her, but didn't respond. She didn't even open her eyes yet.

Pain again, this time due to the acute awareness she suddenly had of rocks stabbing into her back.

She practically shot to her feet, a tiny, shrill scream jumping from her throat in surprise and fear. The world danced like a carousel around her eyes, blood rushing far too quickly to her head. She swayed and rocked as her eyes locked onto Lord Caesar, then Red Rover. They were... they were... naked? Oh god...

Driven by societal training, she averted her eyes without even thinking about it, her cat tail swishing about to the front to cover her crotch as one of her arms covered her breasts. By averting her eyes, however, she noticed their surroundings.

Utter destruction, as far as she could see. The nearly monochromatic piles of rubble were only disrupted by small spatterings of color. Weeds here. Flowers left for victims there. Crosses. The stray graffiti left from kids who clearly had nothing better to do with their time. The furthest reaches were still only rubble, the Earth curving out of view at only about three miles, there was no way for them to see the edges of this chasm, save for the mountain-esque peaks that made up the rim of the crater. They stood in silhouetted contrast to everything else about this hellscape.

She let out a horrified scream. A banshee wail. A shriek. A gut-wrenching, painful yell that brought her back down to her knees. She didn't care about the rocks scraping at her knees or the fact she was naked or any of that. Her hands went up to cup her mouth as though they were shocked at the sound she had produced, her eyes wide and doe-like, unsure how to survey what they were witness to.

Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor

Location los Angeles crater

When rover came too his first was cocked back as he was reaching for...well he couldnt exactly remember. He did have a splitting headache and that weird feeling on his skin like he had got a sunburn. However both were fading rapidly the pain being replaced by a pleasant breeze blowing on his...naked skin? Immediently red's face turned as red as his old suit was and with both hands he made an attempt to cup his...goodies. though he seemed to be having a bit of trouble. The sound of a really close scream caused him to whirl around and he immediately adverted his eyes from the girl who made the scream though admittedly they lingered for a while before snaping away.

To the other side of him was another naked man, looked familiar but red wasnt to keen to keep looking to try and find out who, he scanned the area and for a bit was at a loss. Until he saw the flowers and crosses and he became aware. "We...we were too late?" he said in a low voice stained with disbelief. He let his leg muscles tense up as he crouched then he sprung a couple of hundred feet into the air before his gravity nullification field kicked in and he was flying. He let himself go higher and higher as he sought the edge of the crater when he could finally see beyond the ridge of the crater he let out a sigh of relief. At least it wasnt the whole world.

He turned off his field and let himself fall the couple of thousand feet he had gained as he flew up. He landed with a hard hero landing and immedietly felt his healing factor cancel out the minor pain that he felt in his knees. How did non healing heroes do that? "The crater ends about 15 miles out. I suggest we move towards the edge we wont find out what happened standing here." he said to the two who were there with him. He felt as if he was missing alot, like he had woken up from a dream and couldnt seem to remember it.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Caesar

There was a lot of things that Caesar had expected with his comment about the "Party." He expected a disgusted snort, for instance, or maybe a smart remark about how he's an asshole. Those things were both perfectly acceptable and the last would've been true. He's an asshole, and he knew it very well. In fact, once he looked at the other two, then down at himself, he was going to comment on how he was at least still well-endowed, or how Rover still needed to pack on a few pounds of muscle, and of course, in Caesar's ever so obvious style, compliment Jupiter on her own endowments, but that was all very quickly interrupted when she let out a harsh scream that would've busted his eardrums if he was any closer.

Entirely ignoring Rover's motion to survey the area, Caesar himself held up his hands, forgetting entirely of his nether regions being exposed as he slowly crouched down in front of her and rested his hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look directly at him.

"Easy, Triss," Caesar started, his voice now deeper and much quieter than before. "Easy. Take your hands away from your mouth so you can breathe. Use your nose, and exhale out your mouth. Here."

Without looking away from her, Caesar himself took a moment to reach down before producing a small stone, about the size of Alida's fist, before taking one of her hands and planting it in her palm.

"Take a second to just focus on this. Don't think about anything else, alright? Don't think about anything else but how the piece feels - how heavy it is, what it's made up of and all that. Rover's checking the scene. Try to get as detailed about the stone as you can in your head. I'm gonna see if I can find any clothes around here and get you covered up. I won't be far, so if you need me, just yell."

With that having been said, Caesar forced himself up to both feet and began to pad off, not wandering any further than fifty yard from the point they woke up at. Even with the, thankfully, distracting task of shifting rubble in hopes of finding some sort of stash of things, his mind had been wandering. Recounting the battle leading up to their demise was a sting to his ego, and a hefty one at that, but it was needed. There was a sort of march going on, with the population split between how to handle Supers. Things were starting to get tense until a group had come in and sent everything spiraling into hell. The Supers were at least somewhat quick to organize to cut down casualties, but there was a lot going on, and he was finding it hard to fill the blanks in his memory. After the first wave was some sort of Crack team with a symbol emblazoned on them, and they were cutting down his Friends and Family alike as if they weren't much trouble at all. Things had gone past the point of chaos before there was a short - maybe a second or two, but it was there - report of an explosion before... Well...

It was less than what he had found. To be exact, there was nothing between the time he died and the time he had woken up again. It wasn't the fact that he died that had shaken him, but the fact that there was no recollection between his demise and reawakening to the crater. His brow furrowed heavily with a touch of irritation as he picked up what looked to be a duffel bag.

"Gotta find Astrella to get answers, I guess..." he grumbled to himself before shifting his attention to the contents. "Now what do we have here?"

Inside the bag was, thankfully, multiple sets of clothes. They were all male clothes, from what he could tell, but he thought at least two of them would have an issue with being naked when they made their debut as undead heroes. That in itself, the fact that they were dead, could cause issues with their reputation. Caesar shook the thought out of his head as he zipped the bag back up, slung it over his shoulder, and returned to the crater after Rover had landed. With a nonchalant toss, Caesar pointed to the bag that thudded quietly onto the center of the crater and cleared his throat.

"Found clothes," he began. "Ladies first. Before we leave, though, I need everyone to think back to the protest and see how much you all remember. My memory is full of holes, so we'll start with what we know before we head off."

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

Location: 5 Freeway at Burnside Bridge, headed southbound, Portland, Oregon
At Scene:
Intern-Class Superhero Digerati
Threat Level: Two
Known Threats: High-tech motorcycle

1543842393738.pngTraffic was busy, the morning rush not yet over and done with, and people were trying to get on their merry way. The five was one of the biggest freeways in the area. It stretched all the way from Canada down to Mexico and was a road used extensively by truckers and commuters alike. Right now, it was pretty full-up, and this backup was made worse by the addition of a rapidly moving motorcycle zipping throughout the slower moving cars and trucks.

The rider's head was down, focused on escaping the cops that were attempting to get people to move out of the way so they could catch up. Heading southbound on such a long road, it'd be a long time before they'd find anything that'd stop their advance. It was still early in the chase, so there were only a few cops following, and there was no helicopter to be seen.

(( Kyrenka Kyrenka Short, just to set it up. :) ))

At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Grave Speaker, Orphan Child civilian Xasura "Wolfspider"
Threat Level: Three
Known Threats: An Extremely Agitated Spirit

1543909121988.pngGrave Speaker watched the child mutter his way through talking to the spirit after webslinging out of the way. On the one hand, that was probably a good thing that he didn't get hit... but on the other... conscious children were more difficult to deal with than unconscious ones. He'd clearly be able to take the force, given his powers from the tiny bit she had seen... he could totally take being punched through a wall and be fine. That sort of swinging meant he had to have some pretty tough ligaments and muscles, otherwise, he'd not be able to use it without ripping something out of place. On top of that, how many times had he probably fallen from some roof? As a ten year old boy who didn't mind going into crime scenes? Yeah, probably a lot. If it did hit, and he didn't go unconscious, maybe he would have fucked off... Yeah... It's probably a shame it missed.

She didn't address the boy's silly notion of talking to him, or even the archaic belief that he couldn't say his actual name. Way to make someone trust you, even if the situation was still at that point. Instead, she looked to Phantom, "Make sure the boy is safe while I deal with this. I've got the feeling that they won't go down easily."

Phantom nodded and disappeared, reappearing beside the boy, "Ello. Right. Not a smart idea coming in here and acting the hero. You're too young to even get a license, huh?" He smiled despite the situation, though it faltered a bit as the wraith-like entity let out a grueling roar and came at the two of them. "Nope!" he shouted, hooking his arm around the kid and teleporting to the other side of the room, "Right. So. Crash course, talking to them once they get like that doesn't really work out well. They're like a wounded animal. They're scared, confused, and they'll bite the hell out of whatever gets nearest to them. You don't wanna get in that situation."

1543908735943.png"Grave Speaker there is gonna handle this from here on out though. I know staying out of the way sucks, but hey, at least you get a front row seat with me, right?" he continued, smiling down at the kid, "Sorry for the 'port. I've heard it can be a little disorienting for those of the living persuasion. Still, it'll be alright. GS has been at this for a while. It's really a shame when talking breaks down, but just remember, even when there's a fight like this, she's here to help them. That's her goal. I'm surprised you can see the thing though, kid. It was 'Wolfspider', right? Cute name choice. The media will love it when you're old enough to get a card. How well can you see it? Oooh! And what class of Superhero do you wanna go for when you grow up?"

This was the idea. Distract the kid and be really nice and bubbly. He was clearly a caring child, not just a hooligan, but he was in over his head. Where were his parents? How'd he even get here? These questions and more were bugging him. He seemed so nice and cute, not to mention fluffy. He didn't need to be in a situation like this.

Grave Speaker sighed, the child out of the way. She really didn't want to end up with the PR nightmare that would be some kid getting themselves killed on a job she was on. She was not a rescuer of the living. She dealt with the dead. That was how it stayed unless she really really had to shake things up for some reason. She had a small device out by now and was fiddling with it, calm, though still thoroughly annoyed by the situation.

1543908662555.pngThe small wand-like device whirred to life with a soft, imperceptible hum. The spirit, however, seemed to notice this and faced her yet again. It let out another roar, darting towards her. She, however, was unphased and blank-faced. The device shot out a laser of energy at the spirit, colliding with it, and giving it a massive shock akin to a taser. Its form distorted like static on a screen, another roar letting loose before it disappeared as a wisp of shadow.

"Shit," she muttered again, eyes darting to Phantom and the kid, "Knew it. Get the damned kid out of here. I don't want him getting hurt if the spirit decides to target him."

Phantom nodded and smiled down at the boy, "Right. You gonna be a handful or are you gonna cooperate and get out of here without any hassle?"

Osuka Osuka

Wolfspider

valeria-traverso-maschera-kindred-leagueoflegends.jpg
The only thing that he had registered thus far, after Phantom himself had appeared beside the Amazing Wolfspider, was the fact that they were talking about the ghost like a wounded animal. Now, most usually, the only references he had in his very young and tender years were that of comics, movies, and books, but this was something that was more lived. It wasn't more than a couple months ago that the Orphanage's dog, Mi'Kiel, had been thrown from the banisters of the second floor by fellow orphans who had been recycled back into the system due to their unruly nature. The dog, which was nothing more than a little Pomeranian, didn't take the fall well, and ended up as a wounded animal.

Like the Ghost.

For him, the pup having to be put down was a fresh wound, and of course, Phantom didn't have any way of knowing. Xasura wouldn't hold it against the man who was only here to help - like himself. He also understood that, currently, the spirit was a threat, but that didn't mean that he had to stay that way long enough to be "dealt with." It was hard for him to keep hold of his train of thought with how the room had changed more quickly than the blink of an eye. It took him a moment to realize what had just happened, even after Phantom had explained it himself. Truth be told, he realized that things had been backwards, with the angle of the room changing first before Phantom had given him the "Crash course."

"N-no!" Xasura barked, now struggling against the man's grip. "Don't put him down - he's just scared! Phantom said it himself, Grave Speaker!!"

To be honest, he wasn't sure whether his kicking and squirming was working or not, but one thing was for sure: He wasn't going to let Grave Speaker hurt the spirit again, and she would not ignore him a second time. The zap that she had delivered to the spirit made him feel ill; someone, who was supposed to be a hero, was hurting what Phantom had labeled as something wounded, and she had done it without even so much as flinching, let alone any kind of facial expression. It didn't sit right in his gut. It didn't Feel like what a true Hero was meant to be or to do. Good folk didn't intentionally hurt other good folk, and no one was born truly evil. It was just how people painted one another to justify undue harm when talking should've been the first option. it's why the police had negotiations specialists during robberies, and didn't shoot first and ask questions later. It was why people like Spiderman were dreamed up in the comics. It was why there had to be people willing to bank on a peaceful resolution no matter what the situation was.

That was precisely his problem. Xasura, or the Amazing Wolfspider, was blissfully unaware of the true cruelty of the world, having ignored the Sisters in the orphanage, the other orphans, and even people in the streets whenever they've told him such a thing. He didn't want to believe that Entropy didn't have family that he cared for, or that Tempest was just a bloodthirsty murderer. It was also why he believed that people could turn around, like the villain-turned-hero Alexandria, but if it's anything that he learned from the heroes, cemented today, it was that it was better for someone to be hurt than dead - or worse.

At the moment, Phantom had a very real hold on him, and regardless of his comment about the living, it meant that Phantom had to play by the rules of physics now that he was something solid, unlike the ghost. Grave Speaker, meanwhile, had her hands tied with the ghost, so it was reasonable to him that she couldn't dedicate her attention between two different things if she had to concentrate to get her magick to work the way she wanted it to. Sometimes, people on television spill their secrets, and one of those happened to be that magick required concentration, and a mage had let that slip without realizing it more than a year ago.

He made up his mind.

"Well enough to see he's scared and hurt!" he barked back at Phantom.

Without warning, Wolfspider's left hand pointed down and let loose a jet of adhesive silk, and yanked on it with as much force as he could muster with as little room as he had. Thankfully for him, Phantom hadn't picked him up off the floor after they teleported, which meant he had to be leaning, and that meant he wouldn't have a good center of gravity. For short people, that meant leverage. At almost the same instant, he let out another bolt of web that stuck to the corner on their right, and once he was almost touching the floor with his face, he would yank on that as well. The result?

If Phantom was still holding onto him at that time, just before Grave Speaker would begin to give her order for him and Phantom to evacuate, he would be dragging the man down to the floor, then changing his trajectory. Thing was, even if he did, that just meant he was going to be heavy in front, and that worked to the Wolfspider's advantage anyway. With having to pull with his right hand, if he wasn't throwing the man by then, the force of his pull would surely be enough to send the man spinning into the floor, albeit with not enough force to hurt, but it gave him a moment of freedom. Saying sorry could wait for a better time. With that, and seeing the ghost dart off to another floor in the building, Wolfspider again reached out and shot a third bolt, which he used to again catapult himself in the direction of the stairs.

All of this would have taken no more than two seconds at most to complete, and if he was successful, he would be giving chase to the ghost he was determined to make friends with, and Grave Speaker and Phantom weren't going to put the poor man down like Mi'Kiel!

Besides, who cared about a furry orphan getting bit when not one single family since his birth had opted to take him in? At least he was trying to do something good, unlike the other powered orphans who just liked to throw people around. And who would've thought an assistant to Grave Speaker would be so incapable of sticking strictly to the task at hand? Talking about the Media and what class of hero he wanted to be when there was someone else in pain? Scared? Confused? Being zapped by a death-ray that only served to hurt it worse for all he knew?!

"Wait!" he called out, quickly scrambling up to the second floor while stuck to the wall, giving chase to the spirit. "I'll tell you my name if you at least tell me yours!! I promise - let's just take a second to clear our thoughts and talk! You don't have to be scared - I'm only ten and need friends!"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Armed forces reserve Center

Hammer watched with narrowed eyes as feral slowly climbed back to his feet. "What the hell was that boy? You left youself wide open goin for that hit, and it didnt even land." he held his hands out in a defensive stance and said "Again, but better this time." ferals only response was a growl as he charged forward with a fairly decent combo. Though not decent enough as Hammer swatted the blows aside and floored feral with another elbow. "Better this time, you need to work on your telegraphing, any idiot could look you in the eyes and see what yer aiming at. Again." he said holding his hand back out to pick him up again. It had been nearly five full days of this type of training and everyone was showing vast improvement, though attitudes were still a problem. After putting feral back down for the 13th time in a row he decided that they had done enough. "Alright thats good for now. Gear up and get ready for simulation training." hammer said guiding the young man to where Maggie & Toni were already engaging each other in a post Apocolypse map that maggie was so fond of. "So am i going in after or..." feral asked trailing off as the two in the simulation room made contact and began exchanging digital rounds. "Nope your gonna go in as well and i got a surprise for the three of ya." he said with a grin shoving him towards the loading doors and walking himself to the control booth.
Deathkitten Deathkitten
(Any other delinquents.)

Still maintaining modesty as best he could Mark waited for a few moments for jupiter to get dressed, before taking his own pair of jeans and a shirt a bit to big for him. "Thank you sir." he said with an awkward bow as he stepped into the jeans. Somehow the clothes didnt help to soothe his nerves. After all here were these two celebrity heroes, it made sense for spme higher power or other force to want to bring them back. Then there was him, a decent hero sure, but by no means of the same caliber, why bring him back...and why couldnt he remember anything between then and now? Clearly time had passed, no telling how much but all the memorials surely ment at least a year had gone by. Hearing Lord Caesar request a recollection he finally decided it was safe to turn around and face them again.

"Sorry Lord Caesar, i wasnt actually there for the protest. I was at work i only showed up after things got hectic. Then those guys in masks started carving everyone up. A few of them got in good hits on me, but i managed to get through a few of them. By the time i made it to the big cluster of them my suit was shredded, then there was a bright flash and it got really hot. Then i woke up here. Whats going on? Are you guys okay?" he reviewed the entire recap in a calm and even tone but those last questions came out a bit more panicked than he had intended. However he decided it didn't really matter how he sounded at the moment.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Pacific ocean, 120 miles off the northern California coast. 9:01 A.M.

A tiny pinprick of red light appeared a couple thousand feet beneath the waves of the ocean attracting the attention of a curious amd rather large great white shark. In an instant the pinprick exploded unleashing a pulse of energy that shook the ocean for hundreds of miles in every direction. The shark had never swam away from anything so fast in all of its life. In the epicenter of the blast appeared a pale man clad in armor with white hair, for a breif moment he stood in empty air, until the ocean pressed inwards filling the empty air bubble he had arrived with. His first instinct was to attempt to teleport up to the surface, however it seemed the trip to this dimension had taken more out of him than he anticipated. The pressure of the water bearing down on him forced the air out of his lungs breifly blinded him. The sting of salt water flooding his nostrils was the least painful part of the process, and holy crap was this water cold. Say theres an idea.

Closing his eyes he reached out around him with his aura pulling oxygen away from the water and condensing it into a bubble beneath him. His eyes opened and he pointed his hand down at the bubble and fired a jolt of electricity causing the bubble to explode like a bomb. At the instant when the explosion wouldve touched him he formed a barrier around himself and was propelled like a bullet towards the surface. As he shot out of the surface he pulled the nitrogen out of his blood condensing it into a liquid state making its temperature drop immensely. Finally he filled his lungs with a breath of fresh air. As he fell back towards the oceans surface he fired the supercooled orb of liquid nitrogen, absorbing and cooling more nitrogen as it flew through the air growong until when it slammed into the waves below it flash froze several dozen yards of ocean water into a solid surface that he landed rather gracefully on.

As he shivered in the cold wind of the northern pacific the white haired man passed electrical currents through his armor and clothes causeing him to emit steam for a few seconds as the water in his outfit evaporated. Once he could focus on something other than the cold it was almost impossible for him to not sense the ungodly amounts of magic emenating from the east. "Hopefully that means land...im gonna be pissed if Toni ran off to sone water world." he muttered to himself as he sat on his ice barge recovering his magic to ready himself for a long warp to the source of the magic energy.

Patriot industries R&D department
9:01am

Allan had justvreturned from an early morning patrol when he decided to check on the labs progress with his Pacification wave generator. Granted he couldve checked it digitally where he stood, but it had been too long since he had visited his laboratory anyway. When he did show up he was glad he did, apparently his satillite had detected a breif but massive energy spike in the northern pacific and his technicians were still trying to decide if it was an anomoly or not. Walking up behind them without being noticed he startled a few of them when he chidded in with "Seems interesting, ill go take a look. Send a message to any heroes who can make it out there." he said to the lab tech before he opened the roof windows with a thought and propelled himself into the air. He let himself get high above the clouds befpre wrapping himself in a forcefield and launching himself at supersonic speeds towards the anomoly.

Time: 09:05
Location: Top Hill Trail Vernonia / Banks Trail, Buxton, Oregon
At Scene:
Probationary Superhero Alexandria
Threat Level: Zero, Civilian Injury call, difficult location to access.

1545580883292.pngAlexandria got little else but pained groans as she maneuvered the girl onto her makeshift stretcher. By the time she was secured, she was no longer responding at all, though her breathing was still consistent. There was no nod given, but it was clear the girl was in quite a lot of pain, and possibly even had a concussion.

From behind Alexandria, a small but defensive bark rang out, followed by multiple more. If she turned to look, she'd see a medium-sized dog, an Australian Shepard, with a pretty little purple collar around its neck and tags jingling as it barked. A bark turned into a growl, but it didn't seem willing to step any closer, even though it clearly wanted Alexandria away from their hurt owner.

Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Lord Caesar, A-Class Superhero Jupiter, B-Class Superhero Red Rover
Threat Level: Zero

1545581349851.pngIt took Jupiter a few moments to collect herself enough to take the clothes she was being offered and tearfully put them on. They had nothing. Had other places been attacked after this? How many people died? How... god... 15 miles in radius? 30 miles across? A damned 30 mile crater? What were these people?

She stood shakily, the male clothes baggy on her, but she didn't care right now. That was the least of their worries. Jupiter opened her mouth to speak, but found that the only sound that came out was a very squeaky "I". After clearing her throat and calming herself down as best she could, she set her hands atop her head and tried again, "I don't know... I... I remember that the protests turned sour. The two sides were getting really aggressive. After that, there was a smaller than this, but still pretty large explosion. I was far enough away that I didn't get hurt by that, but the shocks were pretty large. The group, OA or whatever, they came out of nowhere. I remember that we were gaining ground. We finally started hurting them, taking some of them down... and then they... sent out this second wave of freaking... I don't know? Ninja members? They were faster, harder, and we basically were at square one again. Then... They stopped? I think. They did something, and then... I remember heat and bright light... and then, well, now. I wonder how long we were out for?"

"And yeah, I'm okay... sorry for screaming," she muttered, forcing a little apologetic smile to Red Rover, "I... honestly, I think we died and someone resurrected us... somehow. I know there are a few people with the power to do that, but I mean... as famous as my family is, I feel like they'd have their hands full with something of this magnitude. They'd run themselves dry before they ever got to us. So... I dunno. Caesar's right though, we should get moving. We can walk and talk at the same time... after all, it sounds like we'll be walking a while... Once I calm down, I can do a summoning and get a demon to help us, but if I tried that right now, it'd be asking for trouble."

WeaselThor WeaselThor Osuka Osuka

At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Grave Speaker, Orphan Child civilian Xasura "Wolfspider"
Threat Level: Three
Known Threats: An Extremely Agitated Spirit

1545583072703.png"Why the everloving fuck did you not just teleport him outside the goddamn building, Phantom?"

The resounding shrug she got as a response to losing the kid that may as well be a toddler for all she cares frustrated her even more. She threw up her hands, "Go look for him. I'm going to follow the ghost. Now you've got your side of the mission. Happy?"

"Conflicted, to be honest," he responded before disappearing to go after the kid.

Grave Speaker sighed heavily, rubbing her entire palm against her face in defeat as she set the tool back in her bag and fished about for another. After a moment, she produced a chakri, basically a circle blade, with a crystal floating in the middle of it. Taser didn't work? Time for bigger guns, she supposed as she knelt to the ground and scratched markings into the floor. The owners of buildings were never happy when she did this, but it was better than having a ghost murdering your patrons, so... eh. They could stuff it.

Phantom, meanwhile, appeared floating alongside Wolfspider and smiled sweetly at the kid, "Dude, you know we aren't putting them down or something, right? She's staunchly against doing so... to the point where it's caused her trouble in the past. What you saw was like a taser that police use for apprehending people. It hurts, sure, but it's not permanent hurt. It's only temporary so she can get them under control. They were causing a lot of trouble and were hurting people." He floated so he was in front of the kid and continued, arms behind his back, "We just want to make sure they get better. I promise. She made me get better, and I still stick around her. She's a pain in the butt, but she's not a bad person."

"Now, I know I'm supposed to get you out of the building and all that, but I have a feeling you'd just come right back in. Instead, do you want to help me and Grave Speaker help this ghost? We probably have to catch them in a trap... kinda similar to how rescue organizations trap injured animals to take them to the vet and fix their injuries... but it'll be with more magic than they normally use. Are you up for helping me instead of running off after something that could possi-"

Phantom was abruptly cut off by a screech and the force of the spirit slamming into him out of nowhere as it phased through a wall and tossed the two of them through the wall. Luckily for the wall, they both went right through it, but OW, that hurt.

Osuka Osuka

At Scene:
S-Class Superhero The Hammer, Intern-class Superhero Feral, Kid Clock, Maggie the Magnificent, Blue, and lots of troops
Threat Level: ?
Known Threats: Hammer being in charge

1545584952851.pngBlue yawned big as she floated a little to the side above her bed, eyes closed as she still wanted to be in dreamland. With an equally big groan, however, she opened her eyes and drifted into her door before slowly floating down to the ground so she could pick up her clothes. What was she gonna do today? Talk more to that diplomat guy who seemed so desperate? Nah. Did they have a meeting or something today? He kept wanting to talk... eh. Whatever. Probably wasn't a big deal either way. She wanted to do something a little more fun instead! There was that big muscle guy and the ruffly guy that broke into that other house and stole some people... that sounded like way more fun!

She smiled big, thoroughly awake now at the idea of getting to see those guys again. What did he say? He gave her some card... but where...

A glance around her messy apartment told her that she wasn't going to find that card again anytime soon. "Er... right," she said aloud to herself as she cupped her cheek with a hand, "Think think think. He wanted me to come and join them... right? That probably means that I have to go wherever he is. If he's military, that means he's up super super early, so I don't think I'd catch him in the shower... ew... but well, let's see if I can do this..."

She closed her eyes again and sighed, focusing on her breathing for a moment before she was no longer in her apartment, and was instead only inches from Hammer's shoulder, hovering off the floor considerably, considering the height difference. "ACK! That worked!!! Hi!" she squeaked, flailing a little as words came out like she was on speed, "Uh... I... right. Reporting for whatever the heck this is because this sounds like more fun than playing through a game for the third time... er... what am I reporting to? Honestly I'm just happy you weren't in the shower."

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Armed forces reserve center
9:05 a.m.

Hammer had made it to the control panel and touched the score button showing maggie had landed 122 shots on toni in comparison to his 1 shot landed on her. Tapping the intercom button he spoke up. "Alright this fish in a barrel excercise is over. Prep for high difficulty team exercise." he pressed a combination of buttons on the control panel and the post apocolyptic scene faded away revealing the bare white floors and domed ceiling. From the control panel hammer could see the static edges of the digital world they were in but from within that edge might as well be a billion miles away. "Briefing in 5, 4, 3,.." he went silent for the last two letters like some kind of live show director, however the instant he started the level 6 simulation a blue glow caught his eye. A moment later the alarms started going off and hammer could hear the sounds of troops mobilizing.

When he glanced over his shoulder and spotted blue he smirked. "I was wondering when you would decide to show up. Just in time to see the show." he chuckled as he pulled his ohone out of the pocket of his pristine uniform and typed a few buttons causing the alarms to be turned off. Several armed men entered the hanger but hammer just opened the door to the control room and waved them off. "False alarm, return to your posts." turning his attention back to the control room screen he watched as the simulations commander briefed the heroes from inside the cargo bay of the Ac-260 high altitude gunship. "Target will be in range in 1 minute, your objective is to steer the target out of the downtown area so we can call for heavy air support. Civilian's are in heavy numbers and a mobile parameter has been established around the target. The best description we can give you about the target is that its Big and easily recognizable, no footage exists as it scrambles all signals directed at it. Good luck and godspeed." as the commander finished his briefing the bay doors to the plane opened and roaring winds filled the simulated cabin.

Hammer turned his attention back to blue as the team began their large parachute decent to deal with the Kaiju he had qued up for them. A massive amphibious beast just over 100 meters tall with iron hard skin and an appearance akin to a demonic frog. They had 30 secinds of fall before they would be able to make contact and hammer planned to use it. "So then blue i know a bit more about you now, read your file and all that, tell me. What do you have planned for yourself hmm? You gonna stay in that apartment forever? I mean its a nice place and all, but you ever feel like you could be doing more?" he clasped his hands behind his back instinctively shifting his feet to the parade rest stance. But he remained silent waiting for her answer while watching his team decend into the clouds below them.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Elementa, A-Class Superhero Sir Glory
Known Threats: ?

1545589272704.pngElementa yawned lazily as she stood atop one of her greenish little flame discs, looking down over the part of the city she was surveying. Really, she was just waiting for something to happen on the radio that seemed like it needed her attention. She didn't want to take much needed jobs from the lesser Superheroes. They needed the publicity more than she did. Plus, a break-in or a stranded hiker wasn't interesting enough. It wasn't very motivating.

The message she got send from Sir Glory, on the other hand, that was interesting. She bit her lip in contemplation as a little "huh" left her lips and she looked off in the direction of the job. Well... that was interesting for sure, just what the doctor ordered.

Ugh... that sounded like a horrible joke. How many PhDs does Sir Glory have? she thought to herself with a small groan as she started zipping off in the direction given to her. This better not be some shark sighting or something stupid like that...

It took her a few minutes at her top speed to reach wherever Sir Glory was.

(( WeaselThor WeaselThor Sorry it's short. I didn't know what to have her do aside from head out there.))

Last edited:
~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

There! Speeding up, Dexter ignored the flashing lights and sirens that he whipped past. Up ahead there was a figure on a customized motorcycle weaving their way through traffic. The vehicle was small enough to squeeze through narrow openings between cars and trucks; luckily, so was Dexter. He certainly wasn't as smooth while navigating between cars, I should've practiced more, but it was manageable. Eyeing the suspect's bike, the genius attempted to run a scan on the machine. It's obviously been modified; the question is, is it for show or is it a threat? As the distance between the suspect and apprentice closed, Dexter made sure to lag behind. Always leave some space for reaction time. If the motorcycle did have weapons built in then he didn't want to take the brunt of an attack at point-blank range. The next question was why would the rider have weapons built into their bike?

Deathkitten Deathkitten

9:06
Pacific ocean 99 miles off of California coast.

As Atticus sat crosslegged gathering magic from the surrounding world he marveled at all the life this world seemed to have. The water ge was drawing power from was filled with tiny living things, hell even the air was filled with the microscopic life. All of this life was in possession of a very slight magical energy which he was able to tap into to recarge his own reserves. It was truly a feeling worthy of marveling. Yet as he pulled more energy into him he felt two sources approaching. One was barely magic at all, it seemed to be surrounded by an unnatural force, but the other had as much magical energy as a genesis seed maybe even more. It was needless to say interesting, and would likely be even more so if he werent at a severe disadvantage. He had only charged up to about 5 or 6 percent of his power, and while part of him was worried about what would happen if these guys wished him ill will, but another darked and more brutal part of him reassured him that the large source of magic would benifit him if that was the case. Confident that he could handle the two approaching he rose to his feet and called out to the two of them. "HEY, DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW WHERE I AM? I THINK I MAY BE LITTLE A BIT LOST." he shouted at the two making a point to add a friendly tone to it.

Pacific Ocean 99 miles off the coast.

He was nearing his target when the satillite pinged in his head letting him know a registered hero was following him. So he turned in the air to look behind him and sure enough elementa was gaining on him. holy crap, what am i moving at mach 1.8 maybe 2. Geez...thats an s class for ya. he waved at her and gestured at the small speck in the ocean which was rapidly growing larger. He began slowing down as he descended towards the ice float. Once he had slowed down he was happy to see elementa had slowed as well and was in mid decent as well. He heard the man shouting out to him from the ice chunk and grinned "You ever think about how lucky we are that most of our visitors speak perfect english?" he said to elementa as he landed with a dramatic graceful flare. "Your about an hour away from floating illegally into the united states. Who are you and what are you doing here? Nice boat by the way."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:

Somewhere in near earth orbit.

Two ships hover above the earth connected by a thin bridge as Roger surveyed Cosmo's vessel on behalf of the hero association. As Roger went through the ship he had to say he was impressed, while the technology was not so advanced that it would be a mystery to him it was apparent that in some areas it was even more advanced then Atomosian technology. "So you say you are here for an emergency rescue plan from your planet correct?" he said checking the aliens story. Without a moment of hesitation Cosmo's diplomat drone nodded. "Yes indeed sir, my people are suffering from our star changing its life cycle." roger nodded but it was apparent he didnt really believe him. "Look no offense but Star matter is an increadibly potent form of fuel and is most often weaponized. The ammount your asking for is enough to destroy our planet a hundred times over. You must understand our caution in helping you to aquire it." He was careful not to sound too confrontational or aggressive, those big drones in the cockpit clearly were soldier class and there was no telling what cosmo himself was capable of, and confident as he was in his own abilities, roger would not be the one to start an interplanetary war. "Worry not mister compton, i am willing to negotiate whatever terms are needed with whomever i must. I did not come here for a free handout...surely there is something i can offer your government to authorize such an exchange." Roger brought his thumb and index finger up to his chin trying to rack his brain for a way to shoot down that offer but finding nothing he had the authority to confirm. "Ok, i will inform the president and you can be the one to talk to him about it. For what its worth, i believe you dont want to harm us, not sure i believe all the rest, but thats not my call. Thank you for your time, ill be sure to make you look good in the report." the diplomat nodded and gestured to the porthole leading to the bridge connecting their ships. It then held its hand out to shake Rogers. "Thank you Mister Compton. You are a good hero, i can see your care for your home in all of your actions, that is something i can understand. I hope that one day our worlds can work together to solve all of our individual problems." roger just nodded not particularly convinced that mans problems could be solved. Yet the thought did bring a smile to his face. He crossed the bridge into his own ship and watched as cosmo's docking bridge pulled into his ship. He sat in the chair of his own ship, and looked at the console with a strange lack of buttons or levers on it. With a thought he unleashed several different radiation types in a variety of patterns and the console light up as the ship turned and began to reenter the earths atmosphere. Its polished outer shell seemed to ignore the friction in the earths atmosphere as it didnt seem to burn up as an object entering the atmosphere under significant speeds usually would. Instead it lowered rapidly through the clouds and as it passed ober portland roger leapt out of it and sent it radiation signals to continue on to the Antarctic base. He slowly lowered himself down to the government base in northern portland. With hammers new promotion it was now he that Roger would be relaying the information to and taking orders from. An idea that didnt exactly sit well with him but hey it was out of his hands anyway.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

At Scene:
Intern-Class Superhero Digerati
Threat Level: Two
Known Threats: High-tech motorcycle

1546557508942.pngOnce closer to the motorcycle, it would become more apparent that the individual with the black helmet on was fairly small and likely relatively young as well. Likewise, the search on the motorcycle came back. It was a Humai Versin, 2058 model motorcycle, something very up to date and certainly expensive. It was a powerful little machine. The plate, unsurprisingly, came back as stolen. The rider of the stolen bike gave a quick glance behind himself to Digerati, the only motorcycle on scene at the moment. He was the only one that could actually keep up with him.

The man cursed under his breath and motioned to his side, purple, clearly magical wards appearing to his right and left sides. They were precautions in case the hero decided to attack. That said and done, he wasn't in a forgiving mood. No, instead of waiting to get attacked, he felt it was better to strike first.

Making sure to keep the bike moving forward, carefully weaving through traffic, he leaned down to retrieve something from his boot. Within seconds, it became apparent that the item he grabbed was a handgun. He only had enough time to glance, however, and shot off three shots in quick succession in Digerati's general direction. He didn't really expect any of them to hit, but hopefully it'd at least scare off the hero.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Time: 09:06
At Scene:
S-Class Superhero The Hammer, Intern-class Superhero Feral, Kid Clock, Maggie the Magnificent, Blue, and lots of troops
Threat Level: None
Known Threats: Hammer being in charge

1546558222684.pngBlue watched in curiosity as Hammer waved people off. Did she startle them? She made a little 'hmm' noise before her attention went to the scene in front of her. Was it some kind of simulation? What was it made out of? How did they do it? How much energy did it take to run this sort of thing? Oh! What were they using as an energy source?

"The show?" she muttered, finally responding to what he said moments after he had actually said it. There was a target? Oh so it totally was like some simulation thing! Cool! How real was it to the people inside the simulation? Was it like those VR games, or better?

When Hammer's attention turned back to her, her attention turned back to him... though it was hard for her to not glance back to the screen over and over again. It was interesting, okay!

"I have a file? Huh. I mean I guess the customs people did find me really really super interesting when I came here...," she trailed off a little, thinking about how to answer his question, "I want to get a taste of each element on the periodic table that your people have discovered, as well as a taste for as many molecules as I can and different mixtures and combinations. It's all very interesting to me. I have a device that gives me a bit of insight as to what something's made of, since I can't tell if I haven't experienced it before, but yeah... that. I also want to find others of my species. I know they must exist. I've heard of them before, and that alien dude knew to look for me... but they're extra rare. I've jumped from planet to planet searching, but at the moment I just kind of want to stay on Earth for a while. It's interesting here."

She sighed, folding her arms a bit as she rested her right palm on her cheek, "I dunno about all this hero stuff. I don't really care about people enough to do it out of the 'goodness of my heart' or whatever, and I don't care about money... but I really just want knowledge. So, if you're trying to convince me to join something, start there, I suppose." She realized she came off a little assholish, but she really was just an open book about these sorts of things. She had nothing to hide and no angle she was trying to work, whereas, often, the people she spoke to had things to hide and things they wanted.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Time: 09:06
At Scene:
S-Class Superhero Elementa, A-Class Superhero Sir Glory
Known Threats: ?

1546572721638.pngShe sighed as they came to a halt and the man shouted out in a strange mix of accents. Indeed, at least it was in English, but it was clear he wasn't from around here. She slowed her breathing and caught her breath as they landed. When she meant top speed, she meant it. She was by no means the fastest hero, and going fast wasn't her specialty, so when she had to do something like that to try to catch up, it was exhausting.

"Right... as he said, you're coming into the territory of the United States of America. Where are you from and how did you get here?" she questioned, folding her arms as she didn't trust this somewhat dopey-seeming man. Elementa realized, however, that what came out of her mouth sounded too harsh. She sighed again, "Sorry, sorry. I should introduce myself. I'm Elementa, and by your lack of reaction to seeing me, I'm going to guess you're really not from here. I'm an S-class Superhero. That's the highest tier for the USA. My friend here is Sir Glory. He's... er..." she paused and looked at him, trying to remember. He was so much in the public eye, he seemed like an S-class himself, "He's an A-class, if I'm not mistaken. It goes Intern, C, B, A, S..."

She eyed the man up and down, "So. What's your name? And... Please tell me you're at least from Earth... We've had a surprising amount of extradimensional crap happen in the last few weeks, not to mention extraterrestrial."

Her eyes moved from the man to Sir Glory, "We should take him to a base, just so we can sort things out - paperwork and all that. Know what Hammer's doin' right now? Or could you look it up somehow?" Usually the tech heroes could, something that made her a bit jealous... she kept thinking about talking to Sir Glory or another tech hero to get suited up in something more than fabric.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back