• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Tsunami:

Chapter one: How bad could it get?

Well, it could get bad. Really bad. In this case, Tsunami was now finding himself in a rather reversed place. It seemed like the throw that he had used had no visible effect on Tempest, and instead of being able to complete his pin after the throw, he was now A.) Facing a possible leg lock that, though it sounded silly, could actually constrict his ribcage hard enough to stop his ability to breathe, and B.) a very, very painful blast of air. There were ways that one could counter it, and one could argue in any YouTube comments section all they liked, but the fact of the matter was that they weren't there at that moment, and one didn't have the time to think it through. The only way to get out of the first, therefore, was to unfortunately set himself up for the second without realizing it.

That way, of course, was getting closer. Ducking down and twisting his body away from Tempest's core, Tsunami was stretching himself in a way that wasn't exactly comfortable, but necessary as he felt the torque of the movement in his attempt to dodge the sweeping leg tug at his right floating ribs, but that was literally nothing compared to the pain that he felt next.

It was, as far as he could compare it with the stories he had heard, like a bullet tearing through him: searing hot pain that he had yet to experience until now, and at the same time, it felt... Numb. He couldn't keep a hold of Tempest's shirt and felt himself recoiling back, rolling away from the blast of wind and rolling to his feet, clutching his now bleeding shoulder with a strained look of pain upon his scrunched visage. Tsunami's vision blurred as he felt the pain in his shoulder even as he stood and staggered back to his feet.

Tempest wasn't playing around, and something told him that this wasn't even the worst part.

Still, Tsunami got himself into this mess, and live or die, he wasn't going to just tuck his tail between his legs and run. This was his FRIEND we were talking about here. The one friend he made in Victoria's, the only friend he felt might as well have been blood to him. It didn't matter that this was a life or death situation when it came to Tempest. Outside of Brisbane, this was the only friend he had - hell, for that matter, even in Brisbane, this was the only real, close, honest to goodness bond he had with someone that wasn't blood-related.

"Tempest," he groaned through gritted teeth. "Mate... I'm startin' to think you're possessed, so if I'm right an' you're in there: You know you can fight this thing off. I don't care how big or bad it might be, but you're the brightest bloke I know, an' if it's anyone who can figure out how ta deal with it, it's you. So you'll have to forgive me while I pummel the shit out of ya body so I can get some fuckin' answers!!"

And with that, all hell would break loose.

There was something about pain, for a mortal. Something very tangible and very honest. It was a pure kind of thing, and a thing that humans in their most desperate of moments either harnessed through sheer force of will and personality, or shrank away from it. It was something that drove people to do extraordinary things; or maybe it was the adrenaline setting in as the body was trying to compensate for an obviously life-threatening experience that had just gotten worse with a bleeding wound. It was anyone's call, really, but it was best to call a doctor before anyone else concerning it. After all, Symptoms may include increased heart rate, thinning of blood due to adrenal flooding, and possibly death.

Within every wall, every nook and cranny, under every floorboard and in every pipe in every bathroom, kitchen, or anything else that could possibly contain water suddenly exploded and rushed in towards Tsunami like an, as you guessed by his name, tsunami ripping through one single, solitary, particular spot in Portland, and though it was as big of a strain as it could be on a fledgling water Elementalist like himself, it was what you would call an Ultimate of his; even if it was something that wasn't all that impressive to a superhero or a super villain, it was his, and they could shove it. Like he was going to now.

The water that had collected around his body shot forth in one long, expansive cylinder at first appearance, but upon closer inspection turned out to be thin, tightly packed spines, one after another ever so slightly staggered this way and that, spanning about two feet wide and two feet tall. The blast would come in at sixty miles per hour with ten feet between the two of them. If the blast hit, which at this point he even started to doubt, he wouldn't be able to keep the full force. The spines would blunt at their piercing ends, instead rounding out to be something more of a finger's width as they pulled in towards one another to ensure that there were no punctures. Try as he may, Tsunami didn't have it in him to do that much damage to the body of his only true comrade. His ultimate, in this situation, was as much for attempting to knock the body out as it was a sheer attempt at intimidation, but it was everything he had left. It was a gamble. If Tempest could dodge in time, it was over for Tsunami and he would be spent. Hell, he thought to himself that if the guy could just stop them in their tracks it'd be the end of it. It wouldn't have been particularly difficult considering the spines would have blunted and, because of it, they'd slow down enough to not have any punch to get through something decent as far as shielding.

But, considering he was out of his league, it was either a shot in the dark or no shot at all, and in this instance, he didn't have even a glint to go off of and his opponent had Darkvision.

(Definition of Ultimate in this scenario: A move in which the player utilizes all the remaining energy his or her character has in order to attempt to deal a decisive blow. Afterwards, success or failure, the character is left vulnerable and unable to stop the next sequence of attacks.)

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Siren had pulled ahead of her husband hoping to take the lead but was surprised to find that was a pretty bad call. He pointed a large rifle at her, then lowered it slightly to fire at the bike instead. Needless to say the railgun round was more than enough to handle the unarmored motorcycle. Luckily she had a few moments to process this as it happened and that was all she needed. As the rifle trained on her she pulled her feet into the seat hopping up slightly. As the muzzle flashed she sprung her legs shooting into the air and backflipping with a shower of twisted smoking metal and ignited gasoline following behind her. She came to a landing on the back of her husbands bike in the very same moment that his shield unfolded on his left arm which he put in front of the bike without a moment to spare. His arm went numb even through the armor and he realized that if his wife hadn't braced him by basically landing with a knee in his back he would've been thrown off of his bike by the force. Instead the shield did its job deflecting the massive round at an angle.

"I am soooo gonna shoot back now..." siren said as she took the large rifle off her husbands back. "Go full Auto. I doubt i can take another round." White knight said with a seemingly casual tone. "Of course." She responded pressing the buttons for the Full auto and electrical Stun settings. As the bike gained some speed she aimed down the electronic scope and unleashed several consecutive three round bursts at the man. Hoping to incapacitate him before they came to a stop. If not then they might actually be in trouble here...that gun was serious business.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

An abandoned mansion in a residential area.

Time: ~15:30
Location: 420 Northwest Macleay blvd., Portland, Oregon, an abandoned mansion
At Scene:
Astrella student Tsunami and Supervillain Tempest
Threat Level: ?
Known Threats: Supervillain Tempest

tempest.jpgSTOP! Make it stop! You're hurting him!

That was the point... oh idiotic child. So caring about this flesh-bag. A meat puppet caring so much about another potential meat puppet. Sentimental grossness.

He smiled as the bullet of air ripped through the boy's flesh. Aww... how cute. He didn't seem to be used to this kind of pain. Had he approached him without even preparing himself properly? He was such a child. Such easy prey.

Tempest stood as the other boy readied himself and spoke. His expression was almost bored, though a tinge of care couldn't help but run through his irises as Tsunami spoke to the true Tempest. He was right. Possession was definitely what was at hand, but as willful as Damien was, it wasn't so simple to fight against. He opened his mouth to speak, but there clearly wasn't time for that. This child was insane.

Was he trying to kill himself with his own magic? This was ridiculous. Idiotic child. How was he supposed to fight him now?

Tempest's hands shot out in front of him as the spines were prepared and shot forward. A powerful blast of air from his palms buffered him from the bulk of the spines, which to be honest he had thought they were just water at first. He had to admit it... perhaps he was wrong. The child could be clever, even if he was dumb due to emotions currently.

A few spines made it through the barrier of air, especially around the edges, giving his shin and arm a good pummeling. That'd be a nasty bruise in the morning... but it certainly didn't have the desired reaction. He was still standing.

Tempest actually laughed after the blast was finished with, dropping his own barrier to rub at his now rather sore left arm. "Oh aren't you a pesky little thing," he teased, voice sinister, cruelty dripping from it. His right hand raised and pulled some water with it, wrapping it around the child's ankle to pull him onto his ass if he wasn't there already.

"You know, you've made yourself seem like a little bit of a threat. Perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to let you go after all?" he said as he walked forward, stretching the injured arm out with a wince and knocking his sore left leg up and down to see how it fared, "I'm going to be sore tomorrow because of you. Really, consider that a success."

A tendril of water made its way up and snaked into the wound caused earlier by the arrow of air, putting pressure onto it and widening it slightly, "A painful success. You're right though, you know. I am not your sweet little autistic boy. No no. Your little Damien decided he wanted to help a poor little girl that had lost her teddy. So... he picked up that teddy and said hello to me." He laughed cruelly, "Don't worry though, I've made sure to make him tough. I water him every day... make sure to get three meals or so... and make sure he's gotten his daily dose of mental torture too! I'm such a kind keeper."

The tendril made its way all the way through and out the back of his wound, snaking around his neck, squeezing to choke him just slightly before loosening a bit, "He's screaming right now. Sobbing. He cares so much about you. You're family to him, right? The most important person to him. His best friend... practically his brother. Somehow, I think he doesn't want to see you die. Funny, right?"

He winced again as he brought his left hand up and flicked his wrist, sending cutting air slicing through his other shoulder in the same spot before using his right hand to feed water through that one as well. Hooks. He lifted Tempest into the air using these painful hooks and grinned wide, reminiscent of a creepy puppet, "Oh this is fun. This is really fun. You have no idea how much I've wanted to torture you in particular. He cries for you so DAMNED OFTEN. It gets really... really annoying. It's like hearing a child cry for their mommy."

His right hand moved again, a third tendril now, which snaked its way into his mouth... or nose, if he didn't give him a chance to shove it in his mouth. It made its way down and into his lungs, filling them, drowning him, making him feel like he's suffocating... and then he simply pulled it back out, cackling. "DO YOU FEEL THAT FEAR CHILD? Do you? Isn't it invigorating? Doesn't it make you wish you had never set foot here? I love gifting others with that feeling. HAH! He screams. He screams and screams and begs."

Tempest came closer and gripped the boy's hair, tugging his head so he was looking right into his crazed eyes, "Wonderful." The hooks of water aided Tempest in slamming Tsunami into the ground with enough force to knock the air out of him, and Tempest followed him down himself, straddling the boy.

He spoke again, and with each word, he sent another jet of air through the boy, "I," his left hand, "AM," his right hand, "THE," left foot, "DEMON," right foot, "IN," his left knee, "YOUR," his right knee, "NIGHTMARES," his right wrist, "NOW!" The last shot grazed the flesh of his neck, and it was clear he hesitated.

He's just going to bleed out. LET ME KILL HIM! Stop your fighting. This is futile.

Please! God no! I... he... STOP! You're going to STOP this. You don't get to kill him. This isn't happening. This can't happen!

"Tsunami...," Tempest whispered before he shook his head hard and flung Tsunami like a ragdoll against the wall as the water dropped away... and he ran away from there. Fast.

Osuka Osuka

Tsunami:

That was it.

Out of all the spines of water he had thrown at the thing possessing Tempest, two bruises. A leg and an arm. Tsunami felt himself drop to his knees and a hand, unable to do nothing more than accept defeat at this point. There was nothing left in the tank. All the things he had felt, all the energy inside of him, his need to save his friend all spent on a failed last-ditch effort. It was for nothing, to be sure, and the only feeling that kept him company now was that he was an utter idiot. Anything he could have possibly learned at this point was likely to die with him, considering how this was going. After all, right now.... Right now, he was nothing more than just a bag of meat and blood to kick around until it was time for the psycho to have himself a drink and leave a mess on the floor.

The movement of Tsunami's right leg didn't even register with how sluggish he felt until he realized that he was on his rear, propping himself up and clutching his injured limb to himself. The fear was starting to creep in. The same fear that every single living being, no matter how much of a badass, would feel if you were about to send it to the biggest unknown in all of history.

Accept it, Baki. Ya done fucked the p-

And his world lit up in pain.

The wound that had been made earlier felt like it was tearing through his body down his entire left side, wrenching a groan of pain from him no matter how hard he grit his teeth. It was a fruitless attempt to try to grasp at the water that was slowly making its way through the wound he sustained earlier, and he could taste blood due to having bit his cheek from having clenched his jaw so quickly. It was pain upon pain, something that felt entirely alien. It was like something that shouldn't have been a part of his body, but it was more convinced than he was that it really did belong, and regardless of having heard the word "possession" and how the thing that had taken over Tempest monologued on and on, the only thing he could hope for was a quicker death than this.

The bad news was he wasn't going to get it. Instead, after the little bit of shameless plugging of the thing's dirty little kink, he felt another blast of air tear - literally tear through his flesh, muscle, the ball joint of his shoulder, back through muscle and flesh, and out of him once more, and it only added to the fear. His heart was slamming in his chest, cramming his blood through vessels and capillaries, mingling with the water that had been wielded by the sadist that held him captive now. Of course, no torture scene could be complete without a good old meat-hooks scene, and this was finally the bit that wrought a scream from Tsunami. It was a scream that shouldn't have come from him. Something strange and unknown, like some kind of mix between a tortured beast and an enraged drunk, and it ripped at his vocal cords. The bastard was getting what he wanted, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop. Screaming made the pain subside even just a little bit. It was the only thing that was keeping him sane.

That, of course, wasn't going to last long. Even with the jets of water-formed-hooks dug through his shoulders, Tsunami's hands began to flail at the tendril of water that had cut off such precious air from his lungs, and they burned. It wasn't like what he imagined drowning to be like at all. He thought it was going to be something cold, but instead it was as if ash and cinder were forced down his throat, burning away at the small pockets that screamed for release. All he could do was gurgle and flail. All he could do was slowly feel himself breaking down into nothing.

Just fuckin' kill me already, he thought to himself. You can get your rocks off elsewh-

He didn't have time to finish the sentence in his head as he felt the water being ripped from his throat, and his burning lungs took in gulp after gulp of the gaseous life that surrounded them. It was all too disorienting. This and that, burns and tears in his lungs and flesh, and now the hair pulling... It almost made him laugh. He couldn't even feel the tug of his hair because of his lungs and shoulders.

"What...?" he wheezed and slurred just after the thing had said 'Wonderful.' "G-gettin' a har-"

He couldn't finish his words as another scream nearly left him, but instead turned into nothing but a useless wheeze as he felt his back make contact with the floorboards below, feeling them creak and crack under his weight and the force of the slam. More pain followed, and his face twisted in a mix of fear, rage, and pure, concentrated pain as he felt blast after blast tear through his limbs....

Fuck.... was all he could think. I'm gonna have ta piss 'im off just ta get it over with...

"Sudden impotence, eh?" he laughed, the weak chuckle being interrupted by a seethe and a cough. "Hesitatin' after ya done been inside me, shit-fer-brains? Cuz let me tell ya: It ain't gonna be nightmares I'm havin'. All I'm gonna think about if I survive this is rippin' you outta him, stringin' you up from a rope, and droppin' you in a body sized ble-"

But then there it was.

It was the voice he wanted to hear. Just one small, quiet breakthrough. Something - anything to get Tempest to push harder. It was too bad that it really was going to be the last he'd hear of it. It was fine at this point, though. Fresh tears, different tears, started to well in his eyes as they threatened to streak down the sides of his face as he smiled, but it was nothing more than a sudden tug...

And everything finally went black.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tsunami:

Well, that was a sight he didn't think he'd see. Tsunami was standing about ten feet away from his crumpled, broken, bleeding body that was slumped up against the wall, the place he impacted evident by the large crack in the wooden paneling above. The holes looked cleaner than they had felt. Bruises were forming as well, and... Well, they say that, when you die, you look peaceful, but the only thing he saw on his face was pain. Pain that told the story about a young, ambitious troublemaker who tried to tango with something bigger than he could have known. Pain that seeped into him as he stood and stared at his body on display, and the realization that he was the only one that knew about Tempest being possessed rather than being some big baddie started to really sink into his mind.

He should have at least tried to run.

"Dammit!!" he barked, bending as he tore at his hair. Of course, the action was useless - he was just some amalgam of energy now - a spirit haunting his final place of rest. "No wonder villain's fuckin' monologue: bein' dead an' knowin' just makes ya feel more useless..."

"Well, at least you know, yes?" came a voice. It was a somewhat flat, haunting soprano that was from the wall behind him. Tsunami swiveled on his toes and tried with all his might to pull the water in the area towards him....

But he failed.

There, standing no more than twenty feet away, was a woman of slender, petite build, perched atop an enormous, spurred hand that had stopped crawling towards - out of the wall of all things, and lowered to allow the woman to, for the first time in a while, plant her feet on the floor. The act itself was something... odd, even for him who had only seen her once, which was now. The floor looked like it wanted to run away from her as click after click accentuated her every step in her high heels. It wasn't until she was just five feet away that he could discern that the woman looked like porcelain - literal porcelain, with single crack down one eye, the other hidden by her straight black locks, cut to the length of her jaw.

"W-who are you?" Tsunami found himself stammering. "What do you want? You with him?"

"No, dear. My name is Dr. Estryette, and you, my boy, are going to help me."

He couldn't help but scoff. "Help you? Lady, I'm dead, 'less you mean ya gonna use that hand to pin me down so you can eat me."

Dr. Estryette's face didn't even flinch towards any discernible reaction. "Don't be silly. What's your name?"

"Some dead idiot," he replied. "Far as it matters ta you."

This boy was going to be difficult to deal with, to say the least. Mortals always seemed shaken when they were about to be or already were dead. Such a fickle thing, considering they all knew that their lives were finite. But there wasn't anything to be done about it. He would need... Guidance.

"Alright, Sir Some-Dead-Idiot," she said, watching as Tsunami rolled his eyes. "I require an audience with madam Astrella. By chance do you attend the nearby school for the Gifted?"

Tsunami raised a brow. "Yeah," he responded. "Th'fuck it matter ta you? Plannin' on wreckin' the place? Cuz I might be dead, but that don't mean you can just-"

"Enough of the antics," she muttered, and the world seemed to quake before him. Everything had gone pitch black, save just a few specks of light here and there, though he'd find that he'd be able to see her perfectly, as well as her pet skeletal hand almost twice her size as it lurched forward to stand to her side and just a little bit in front of him.

Gulp.

"Right, shutting up."

"I require an audience with Madam Astrella, and I need someone to speak with her. My last attempt to gain audience didn't end very well." Now she began pacing, her heels still clicking in the vast, endless nether to his body. Once she reached it, she crouched and touched the shoulder.

He could feel it.

"What're you-"

"I will make you an offer, in exchange for your cooperation. If I am to create a sort of racket in order to attract local heroes to the scene, namely those who excel at emergency field medicine and life-saving techniques, you will name drop me to your superiors. Do we have a deal, Mr. Churla?"

That last sentence was something that sent a shiver down his spine. How long did she know? How did she know? When did she get a hold of his name, and why did it sound heavier when she said it? Tsunami didn't have time to dawdle on the details, as her glance towards him after she had looked around said it all. She wasn't going to remain patient.

"Fuckin' hell," he grumbled. "Fine. I'll name-drop you so you can feel important, ya creepy doll lady."

She didn't waste any time. Without any sort of movement that would indicate that something was going to happen, another skeletal hand, this one now smaller and red, slipped out from behind her as if it were there the whole time and began to float around the abandoned building. The larger, spurred hand, who she affectionately called "Maw" in front of him, scurried forth like a five-legged spider and cupped itself around him. Dr. Estryett herself walked backward just a few feet before another hand literally slipped up through the cracks of the floorboards - this one looking... Armored, somehow, and set itself up to cover the woman from head to toe in the corner.

And then the building exploded in red, orange, and searing heat.

The sound was ungodly loud - enough to make his ear drums feel like they were exploding, as flames engulfed the building around him. It was like some kind of hellscape on its own after just a moment, with raging flames quickly claiming the floor, walls, and ceiling for itself, but he didn't have the time to soak it all in. He was being dragged by his corpse, which was being hauled away on the back of the spurred hand that had covered him just a moment ago, outside, and on the front lawn.

"Do not forget our agreement, young man. I've given you just enough to last until they arrive."

"W-what? Hang on a se-"

She was gone. By the time he had turned around to confront the woman about her motives, Dr. Estryett was gone, as if she and those enormous hand didn't exist. The pock marks the hands would have made in the dirt were gone without a trace as well, and the only thing around were the sounds of sirens, him, and his limp, cooling corpse on the front lawn.

"Who..." he sighed and shook his head. "Why do I feel like I got myself into more shit than just being dead?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Lu-Dao:

It wouldn't take long for him to touch down near the building. He was already at atmospheric entrance velocity by how hard he had kicked off of the school, and considering how quickly the wreckage that was the mansion was growing in front of him, which was the opposite of where Tsunami was, he wasn't able to see the crumpled body of the boy yet.
But it wouldn't take long. Just a few seconds later, Lu-Dao impacted the ground hard enough to make the ground near him shake and dent before he started to run through the building. He was moving quickly, however, and only seconds after entering, he left, and skidded to a halt.

Tsunami's lifeless body lay in the grass of the front yard. He could tell it was lifeless by just the wounds and the color. Even in the grass, blood was flowing from the wounds littering his joints, and he felt his own heart halt in his chest. One step. Two. A stumble and a third. He couldn't walk correctly until his senses slapped him as hard as he hit the ground, and he found himself blurring forward, skidding on his knees, and pressing his ear to the bloody chest portion of Tsunami's shirt. There was no heartbeat, but he couldn't start compressions. Not yet. His hands began to heat and, one by one, they pressed into the wounds to cauterize them closed before his hands meshed and began shoving hard into the boy's chest.

Four presses later and he could hear and feel Tsunami's sternum crack - a sign he was pressing hard enough to force the boy's heart to pump and his lungs to compress and expand again. He kept this up at a hundred beats per minute, checking every thirty presses. If it was anything he learned on Ixia about first aid, it was that you didn't shock a heart that didn't have a pulse. What he learned on Earth was the same, but for some reason, television liked to break out defibrilators when someone went flatlining on them.

You couldn't shock a heart into rhythm.

"Come on, Tsunami..." Lu-Dao growled, his face now twisted in worry and anger. "Come on, get your heart beating and open your damn eyes..."

Where the hell was De'Kiral? Where the hell was the emergency services? He left quickly, but he didn't know if it was so quick that the sirens he heard were far away or if they were just that quiet. Could he have beaten De'Kiral and an ambulance to the scene?

It didn't matter...

Eleventh press. Twelfth. Thirteenth.. Fourteenth... Fifteenth...

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The sensation of death was always a strange transition. It usually went from fiery pain to a cold darkness, though sometimes the pain step was skipped. This was not one of those times, he felt each of his bones crumple as the air was forced out of his lungs. It took him only a few moments to succumb to the injuries but it felt like hours. Luckily it wasn't his first rodeo. Once the blackness faded he came to in a castle hearing a scolding but alluring voice threaten to keep him here this time. He wiped away bits of rubble from himself before saying "You make it sound like that's a bad thing, id love to spend some time exploring the rooms of this castle with you." he looked around noting the paintings from historical figures many of which never graced the world of the living. "This place feels right ya know. Like its where i am supposed to be." he held out his hand and a Black acoustic guitar with silver trim appeared in his hand. "So my lovely mistress, do we have time for a one song? I made one especially for you." he grinned as he let his fingers hover over the strings awaiting the approval he knew he would get.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1539072900451.png~ De'kiral and Nurse Lana Joy~
De'kiral and Lana got there fast, but not nearly as fast as Lu-Dao had. That man could move when he needed to... geezus christ. He saw the blur as the other teacher passed him by and Lana frowned a little from the back of the teacher-dragon. No conversation was had on the way to the scene. The silence seemed to be a better fit. If there was an explosion like that... there was no telling if the kid would even be alive, and they both knew it.

He growled from deep in his throat as he came to land, Ms. Joy off his back practically as soon as his feet had touched the ground. She hefted her bag off her shoulder and knelt down next to Tsunami as well, glancing at his wounds before looking up at Lu-Dao, "I'm going to assume he doesn't have a pulse? How long have you been here and doing compressions for and do you need to be swapped out?" She assumed given the man's expression that the answer to her question would be a no and continued to ask as she was given answers, "Was he unconscious when you arrived? What wounds does he have? Do you know if he has any allergies, magical or otherwise?"

Even as she was asking, she was opening up her bag and taking out some supplies. Under her breath, she muttered something and thin marks that laced along her hands and arms began to glow, lessening whatever pain he may be feeling... if he was even feeling anything at this point. If he suddenly woke up, as some patients do, then she didn't want him writhing in pain and messing up whatever they were doing to him.
1539072920453.pngShe looked at De'kiral, "Call the hospital and ask for an ETA on the ambulance. We fly a hell of a lot faster than they can drive here. Let them know his status as you do so. The more information they have on the situation, the better they can prepare."

Her hand flicked out to the side without looking and made an astral bubble around the boy's soul, making sure that he couldn't get pulled away, even if he couldn't return to his body until his heart got beating again, "Not going to get away. Reapers are being slow right now. That's a good thing for us. Anyway, don't stop compressions, Lu-Dao."

Lana's hands hovered over the boy now instead, making sure to stay out of the way of Lu-Dao's pumping motions. From her bag, a trail of glowing, pearlescent liquid snaked up and over Tsunami, coating him thoroughly. It began to stabilize him and heal the damage, starting of course with the most damaging of the wounds. A long sigh left her lips as she closed her eyes.

De'kiral, in the meantime, was calling the hospital as she requested, "It may be another ten minutes, max. They're getting here as fast as they can."

"Alright," she muttered in response, opening her eyes to look up at Lu-Dao with the kind of comforting sincerity that only a nurse or doctor can bring, "He'll be alright. You'll get to scold him for being so crazy in no time. I'm going to have to do something though that may be a bit... uncomfortable, however. Please move, just for a moment, and feel for a pulse on his wrist or neck as I do this."

Lana pulled her sleeve up high on her right arm and tightened it so it wouldn't come loose. Her hand coated itself with the same pearlescent liquid that was still covering Tsunami, and she sighed again to calm herself. This was always disturbing. Her hand changed in appearance, becoming translucent up to the elbow, and... in it went. Her now-astral hand wrapping around his heart and pumping it from there, healing at the same time due to the liquid. It shouldn't be long before his heart would begin to beat on its own again, if everything went well... if he wasn't too far gone, physically.

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka @MirrorBoy @Peckinou @Steve Freeling WeaselThor WeaselThor OnyxReaper OnyxReaper @Daniel reaving

Tsunami:

He couldn't help but to frown as he watched the scene unfold in front of him from the time that Lu-Dao had landed. The man was desperate, and he could tell. The Dr. Estryette lady had said that she had given him time until rescue arrived. Was this basically the rescue? Lu-Dao was a hell of a combatant as far as he could tell from before, but he didn't know about how well he could resuscitate a person. If he was a combat veteran, then maybe he knew basic life-saving measures, and as far as he could tell, the man was at least doing it right...

If the sickening sound of his ribcage being cracked wasn't enough.

"Ya ain't gotta, idiot," he muttered to himself, knowing that he wouldn't be able to hear him. "I did something stupid n' now I'm payin' the price for it. If I could'a just kept awake til you got here-"

He was stopped by the sounds of another person approaching - apparently another teacher and the school nurse. They were here way before the ambulance, which was a shit-shocker considering the hospital had to be closer, and for fuck sake where were the police?! Bastards havin' a barbecue or something?

He was zoning out what was being said, not even caring to pay attention until he felt the bubble. It was like feeling walls being erected around you rather than seeing it, and to be clear, he found it disturbing. How the hell did the woman do that? And what was she talking about "Reapers" for? Weren't they just a historical myth? A depiction of impending death? If they were approaching, and they had domain about this kind of thing, wouldn't it have made sense not to piss them off?

Lu-Dao:

He hadn't been compressing long enough to even break a sweat, and all but ignored the fact that De'Kiral and Ms. Joy had now just arrived. She was asking questions that he obviously had no answer to. He shrugged when she asked about allergies, but let her see for herself the fact that he had at least eight punctures - all in different joints. The bastard who got to Tsunami was definitely the kind to play with his food before he ate, and this level was just too much to be on a kid, no matter who you were. Still, he supposed he should at least answer.

"Eight," he started between compressions. "Eight puncture wounds - one of them looks more agitated than the others. Signs of torture. He didn't go quickly... I don't know if he has any allergies, and I only got here about a minute before you did."

When the Nurse had asked him to move his hands, Lu-Dao gave her a hard stare for a good ten to fifteen seconds as he continued compressions. Was this woman out of her damned mind? She was asking him to stop helping his heart pump, out of all things. Far as he knew, this was the best way to do things, but after a bit more consideration... He relented, and then he grimaced.

Her hand had went through Tsunami's chest, and her forearm was moving in a way that made him think she was basically doing what he had been, but on the other side. She was squeezing his heart to make it pump. She couldn't be able to do that for long. THe hand was going to tire out before the body would, but sure enough, he could feel a pulse. The only thing was that the person would have a pulse so long as you were compressing the heart.

"Stop for a moment," he said after thirty seconds, and he kept his finger on Tsunami's neck. "Heart's pumping on it's own. You can stop. What did you cover him with?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1539073950088.png~ Mostly Lana ~
Her breath left her lips in a little whoosh sound as she closed her eyes and removed her hand, the translucent nature going back to a normal, opaque one. Lana stretched her hand and looked down at Tsunami, "Mana water. Specifically, it's meant for healing. It's something that I make myself to make sure that I have enough on hand for students when it's needed. If you don't make it yourself it can be hard to acquire."

She watched his chest rise and fall ever so slightly, "I'm still healing him. He's taken quite a beating from... whatever did this. I imagine they got away... I doubt there are any witnesses though to tell us where he went. We can ask the neighbors later if they saw anything... or the police can."

Nurse Joy pointed towards where Tsunami's soul stood, "His soul's right there. I'm making certain that Reapers can't get to him. He should be able to hear you. Hopefully, he comes back to his body soon. Out of body experiences like this aren't exactly healthy, especially if it wasn't intended."

"De'kiral, fly up and check for the ambulance. We don't want them or police getting lost. This isn't the easiest to access area," she ordered calmly, only garnering a quick nod from the man before he flew up to do just that, "Right. Let's see. He may end up throwing up when he comes back. It isn't exactly resurrection sickness, but... eh. Some people do, some people don't. I'm making sure to heal any breaks or fractures first, of course, so he doesn't end up paralyzed. He may end up with some scarring from how you closed those wounds, but we'll see. Everyone heals differently, after all..."

She paused, though her hands went back to hovering over him, "You've done a good job, Lu-Dao. Grab wound dressings from my bag. Clean each wound you find and bandage it up while I'm focusing on this. If he jostles around too much then they may open again if we aren't careful. He's already lost a lot of blood, and that's something that I cannot replace as easily with this sort of healing. The hospital can give him blood."

Her eyes moved to Tsunami's soul, "And you. Keep being a fighter. Considering that you're still alive at all, I doubt I need to tell you that, but all the same. Keep fighting and being willful."

Osuka Osuka

Tsunami:

The beating of his heart was like the echo of a war drum. It vibrated to his very core, rattling him in the way that nature says "stop being like this and be like that instead," only with plenty more gusto. It wasn't like he could just lay down over top of his body and re-enter, though. Sure, Occam's Razor was great, but it wasn't that great at how things worked. And what was all this about "being a fighter?" He just got killed. If anything, she should've called him a useless idiot that just wasted their time. Of course, it would've been a waste of time if they already knew what he did, but at this point, it was moot. They couldn't know unless he told them, or-

Or the woman might be able to hear him.

"Fighter?" he scoffed, partly to see if she could. "Willful? I just got fuckin' tortured like I was a puppy and the torturer was a young Hannibal Lector, ya crazy git. You should instead just let me get snagged so I don't have ta make more trouble, since apparently this alone proves I'm a flight risk. It's dumb ta waste what's apparently really rare shit just for me ta get the boot from the school.

"Speakin' of the school, let Astrella know that some creepy, porcelain wacko named 'Dr. Estryette' wants ta 'Have an audience' with 'er. Sounds like she's outta the 1400's or some shit.

"Oh, and Tempest is possessed. So if I do end up kickin' the can, let everyone know. I'm not gonna end up dyin' without knowin' that everyone else knows Tempest is innocent."

Ungrateful? Maybe he sounded it. At the moment, he just felt stupid, and that maybe being dead after telling her everything was a better idea after all. It was just nature at work. Tsunami got himself into trouble he probably knew he couldn't handle, and he wasn't strong enough, so nature - naturally - sorted it out. He proved he was an idiot, and in the end, he got the idiot's treatment. He couldn't save Tempest. He couldn't save himself. Hell, he basically stated that his death was just natural selection at work. His little sister could just do nature's part and spread their genetics or something. All he wanted was to get the information out and sink into a deep, dark hole so he didn't have to look anyone in the eye and admit he couldn't save his friend.

Of course, that wouldn't be good for Tempest.

Lu-Dao:

He was done with her orders by the time she had finished them. This was a situation in which moving quickly saved lives instead of being cautious. Lu-Dao cleaned out the wounds, bandaged, checked for others, then sat back and frowned as he assessed what he could. It was obvious that Tsunami had orchestrated this entire thing. If this was Tempest we were talking about, then it was also obvious that he likely had to know that this would have been the outcome. Considering all of that, it didn't add up as to how Tsunami would've done anything useful here. Of course, it could have just been something emotional. Of course it was something emotional rather than logical. It couldn't have been anything else, and it just went to prove that Tsunami wasn't ready to even be trained. The problem was that you had to train them early - in their teenage years, or they wouldn't be very capable later on. They were in their learning prime.

It was doubtless that Tsunami being expelled would at least be heavily considered. He had put himself, and potentially the school if there was any information Tempest could glean, in danger.

"I swept my hands under his back," he started. "Something doesn't feel right. It'll have to be more closely paid attention to. If they move his body, they'll have to be careful. Might want to check his neck as well."

Obviously, he was ignoring the fact that a colleague was stating that Tsunami's soul was right next to them. That meant basically dead. Basically dead was as bad as dead, and he liked to prefer focusing on the fact that Tsunami's body was breathing and that his heart was pumping blood. That meant alive. Alive was good, and that was all he needed for now.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1539077226089.png~ Mostly Lana ~
She either didn't hear him or simply didn't react to what he said, instead nodding to what Lu-Dao had said. "They'll be careful. Almost assuredly, the first thing they'll do is put a collar on so he can't move his head about... to protect his neck."

Only a few moments later, her head perked up as she heard sirens in the distance. Their sound was only confirmed by De'kiral lowering in altitude as the ambulance approached before finally touching down.

"Stay with him," she said to Lu-Dao before standing and walking over to the EMTs. She explained the situation swiftly to them as they grabbed equipment and set him up to be taken safely to the hospital. At this point, Lana stayed back a bit, watching them work with a bit of concern finally touching her eyes again, "Lu-Dao, are you going with him to the hospital?"

De'kiral piped up, "I can look over that girl from earlier if you want to go to the hospital with him. He's your student, after all, so I definitely don't mind spending some time with whoever that was so you can make sure he's okay."

"I, on the other hand, cannot go with," Lana continued after De'kiral, "I cannot leave the school without a nurse for long. I have my assistants, sure, but I'd hate to be gone for long. Perhaps you'll be extra motivation for him to get better." She smiled sweetly at the end before sighing and watching them load Tsunami into the ambulance.

This Tempest person sure was bad news... a particularly cruel villain. A stupid move or not, he didn't deserve this.

Osuka Osuka

A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:36
At Scene:
Superhero Intern Muse (as a civilian), Superhero Edward, Superhero Intern Digerati, and Superhero Intern Miserbelle
Threat Level: 3
Known Threats: Behegon

1539139286375.pngMuse was closest to the mass that had come careening into the building, rocks peppering her, causing little scrapes and cuts all over. She managed to block her face from getting too aggressively cut up, but she couldn't help screaming.

A scream more in surprise and the immediate panic than just fear bubbled up from her throat as she fell back onto her ass. Since she was more to the side of the beast and what... used to... be Johnny D., she didn't get hit by the swing... but geezus christ. This thing was horrifying. What even was it!? And where the hell did Johnny go? Was he really dead? No... he probably didn't die right. She knew that from her grandmother, even if she didn't know the specifics of it.

Either way, he wasn't here to help with this mess.

She didn't know if it would actually help against this monster, but... at least singing could buff the other heroes if nothing else. So, she did that. Muse began singing quite loudly and of course very well. It was a punk song that in this case would serve to sort of invigorate her current teammates. It would buff their powers and make them slightly more powerful than usual... not great, since she was a little... super hardcore distracted and scared... but better than nothing.

At the same time, however... she made a pointed attempt to use the song to calm the beast, or at least get its attention away from the clearly less than tough Edward.

Johnny getting squished was enough squishing for today. Thanks.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

[div class="color"]
death-jpg.488163
~ Lady Death ~
She laughed, grinning a bit at the man's defiant nature. He was so alluring in that way, such a suave little thing. "Well... usually when you end up here, you're rather... in a hurry to get back to whatever it was that killed you."

She shook her head and smiled again, "You're ridiculous, you know." Her finger ran along the contours of the guitar, brushing against his hand very gently. Her energy flowed into him eagerly, tingling and sending shivers up his arm, "I suppose we have time for a song, maestro. I do think your friends would like you back, though. That creature is quite the handful."

She leaned back on the railing of the roof and cupped her hands in front of herself as she listened to what was assuredly a beautiful song. His songs were always beautiful. After it was done she looked contemplative, mind wandering, "You really have got such a wonderful ability, you know...? Mm... I have something for you, a gift, but I think I'll give it to you in person this time. You've not seen me outside of purgatory in a very long time, have you...? That'll be interesting. I tried to head to you just before this, but... well... you died, so I wanted to meet you here."

"Though... If you really want it, I could give you my little gift now...," she followed up, eyes looking down at his hands as she ran her finger up and down his finger, all the way up to his wrist and back, the motion leaving a trail of tingling energy same as before, but not as much.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

[/div]

[class=color]
background-color: purple;
[/class]​

Johnny Grinned from the Strange tingling that came from lady deaths touch. It felt as if he was electrocuted but without the burning sensation that accompanied it. "If they cant manage a minute then they shouldn't be heroes. Sometimes i just wanna treat myself you know?" He didn't wait for her to respond further Punctuating his statement with the starting low notes of his best ballad.

As Johnny finished his song he actually felt really relaxed for the first time in a while. He had actually played harder and better than he had in a long while. Partly because his best ballads required allot of power, enough to vaporize those who got too close. Lady death however was Light years beyond his ability to vaporize. So he actually cut loose stringing a song not fit for mortal ears. He sang no lyrics only played and when it finally stopped he was exhausted of magical energy, and physically tired. Though her promise of a home visit and a gift perked him up and her following touch invigorated him more.

He caught himself wanting to stay longer but knew he had to get his feet back on the ground. Behegon was a pretty dangerous threat and he would hate to have more ghosts following him around. "Sorry ma'am but we both know its time for me to go." He took her hand into his and kissed it amused by both his hand and lips tingling into numbness. "Let me tidy up a bit, then stop by and i'll be waiting." He grinned as he stepped back to wait for her purple flames to take him into the fight. In his head he cycled through his instruments picking the perfect "Grand" entrance.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

elfnoble.jpg~ Dayira ~
guard1.png
guard2.png
guard3.jpg
"Princess Dayira. Could you be a bit more careful?" Kayi said, short white hair creating a cute mess about her face, "There was a mess here about a month ago. This could be... realistically... the same thing. The destruction path it created could-"

"I'm fine!" Dayira huffed, arms flying up into the air in exasperation, "It's hardly my plan to find some damned orb. I just wanted to explore Portland. Now, though? We're here, and I'm checking it out."

The elf with a long white ponytail shook her head, "At least step back a bit? It was here before we got here. If it's anything like the last one, then it'll eventually... summon something... or open a portal? I'm not entirely clear on the details of what happened before."

The last of the guards spoke up, the only elf there with blonde hair instead of white, "Princess Dayira, do you feel anything from this... orb?"

"A lot of energy," she replied, looking up at it with a frown. Dayira patted her gown down before kneeling to grab a stick and toss it at the blue-white orb. It was small, but it didn't stay that way for long.

Her guards didn't make much sound when the four-inch orb became a ten-foot one, but she sure did. The little squeal that came from her mouth as she fell on her ass was well overtaken by the deafening noise the orb made. It was gone as fast as it had expanded, though, and the resulting individual had all three guards trained on him.

Two had arms coated in glowing energy, and one went with a much simpler approach... a large caliber gun leveled at him.

"State your name! Who are you and why are you here?" the one with the long ponytail demanded, calm despite the situation.

The feeling of passing through the dimensional portal was strange to say the least. It was as if he were in a bubble moving through water at supersonic speeds and then the bubble popped and all the momentum vanished without a trace. It took his senses only a fraction of a second to regain their composure only for them to notice a weapon he had never seen before being pointed at him and two others holding some form of energy in their hands. Behind them was another and only after seeing all four did he realize they were all elves like himself, and judging by the magic he could feel emanating from them they were all high elves of impressive capability. Even still he remained silent until the one who spoke was at the limit of her patience, all the while gauging their stances and micro expressions before he spoke up. "My name is Deucalion, i am here on a mission from my king to slay the one who came before me. Do you know where it has gone?" He didn't so much as twitch when he spoke there was no nervousness in his voice what so ever. He spoke with a confidence and apathy that would prove unnerving to most Even his stance with his hands casually at his side yet visible to prevent nerves to the elves. However underneath that mask of composure he was battling internally between excitement at a world where his kind dwelt, and picking out weak points in the armor of the elves searching for any exposed vital areas. Any who had seen battle or even just a predator in the wild could tell what his shifting eyes were looking for. "Do not make me your enemy." he said forebodingly meeting the eyes of the one with the gun.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

elfnoble.jpg~ Dayira ~
Atrida Resaeleon:
guard1.png
Kayi Entrimainis:
guard2.png
Ozza:
guard3.jpg
Dayira blinked hard, watching the elf that had suddenly joined them. What in the world was even going on? Her guards weren't appreciating the arrival, but... She stood up as Atrida, the blonde elf, spoke up.

"Deucalion, huh?" she mused, magic dimming slightly, "Who is your king? We do not know the thing that came before you, only that it caused quite a fire about a month ago."

Dayira walked forward with a wide smile on her face, "You're an Elf! He's not like whatever the other thing was! Hah. See this wasn't so bad! Hi! Nice to meet you, my-"

Ozza, the one with the ponytail, stuck her free hand out to bar Dayira from going forward any more, "Princess Dayira. I do think it'd be best for you to not approach the man... no offense, Deucalion. We hardly know a thing about you. However..."

"Let's chat then!" Dayira piped up again, hands on her hips defiantly, "Perhaps we can help you find your quarry? This is far more interesting than anything going on at home. I'd be more than happy to try to help. I'm certain something that destructive would be on the news, or at least on a villain list. I definitely don't want to make you our enemy."

Kayi sighed heavily and lowered her hands as well, the magic dimming, "Fine. If we're doing chatting, then where are you from, Deucalion? You're a warrior. Not many others can have a face so calm..."

"Not to mention the whole 'mission' thing," Dayira piped up, walking up again despite her guards' clear discomfort over her actions and offering a hand, "How did you get here, Mister Deucalion? I don't know if I've ever felt something give off that much energy. What sort of magic was that? Are you even from this... this realm? We're in Portland right now, in the United States of America. The closest Elven kingdom is just a bit to the southeast. We could go there, perhaps... though my Mother and Father would be a bit wary."

"As they're right to be," quipped Ozza, walking up to stand nearer to her, "You're an Elf, and that makes me want to trust you, it really does. We haven't had a major war between elven factions in... centuries. Let us start from the beginning. The... oh so energetic one that demands to be nearer to you is Princess Dayira. I am Ozza. The blonde is Atrida... and the white-haired one is Kayi. We are her guards... though she makes our jobs nigh impossible due to how much she wants to say hello to anything that looks like trouble, be it sentient or not. She has not even made it past her first century yet. A child."

"I am not a child. I'm sixty-three."

"Fine. Practically a child," she continued, rolling her eyes, "She hasn't even properly had any fights yet... though she is adept at magic, as is, of course, expected of nobility."

"I could still fight if I needed to..."

"Not only could I and either of your other guards prove you wrong on that... I'm pretty sure our new guest could prove you wrong as well... and NO that is not an invitation to ask him to spar... or at the very least not until we trust him." She added the second part as a response to Dayira opening her mouth to speak again. She continued, "To be fair to Princess Dayira, considering that she is being... sensitive on the subject... I am 702 years of age. Atrida is 515. Kayi is the youngest of the three of us at 327, though she is impressively adept. I'm rambling, though. She distracted me with her complaints... Ah. Yes. If you are not from here, you will need an explanation of the world's machinations. As a fellow Elf, and as a servant of my kingdom, I and the rest of us would be more than happy to assist you."

WeaselThor WeaselThor

When the weapons and magic were finally lowered Deucalion's brain stopped formulating ways to kill the four of them and moved on to scanning his vocabulary so that he could put together the right words. The questions and statements came in rapid fire. Who is your King? What was that portal? Can we help? It was rather shocking, either this realm was overtly friendly or the war had taken a lot more from his world than he knew. The apathetic look on his face never faltered even for a moment though he knew better than to broadcast his thoughts and motions. Finally he decided he could tell them the whole truth, he hoped they would side with him, but if not he could just kill them and move on with his hunt. Though it would give him a heavy heart to do so, he was strong enough to bear that burdeon.

"I serve God king Seto. He has ruled my Realm for over twelve thousand years. However in the past four centuries a rebel faction rose up and claimed a fortressed city of the Elves. From there they waged war on us since. I have been battling them for nearly three hundred years now." he took in another breath getting ready to delve into the strange parts. "My king Decided to Build a child with the power to end the war before it ever began, but the child could not yet control his power and he left our world in a worse state, a city was lost to a strange creature, and time had stopped flowing. Luckily King Seto was able to start it up again." he scanned each of their eyes as he spoke keeping their hands in his peripheral vision. "Imagine our surprise when the king tells us a year later that he has found the boys energy signature. He sent me and my two comrades to find it, and it was a the portal that brought me here. My cohorts and i secured their portal but not before they sent one of their elemental soldiers through. We learned through survivors we captured that they sought the Child, so my king tasked me with slaying the elemental and bringing the Child home to save our people. We have no future without this Boy." when he ended his explaination his hands became a blur as he produced a glass orb from behind his back and crushed it. Light wobbled out of it and formed a image of Toni minus the weapons and modern clothes. "If you help me find them i will offer my services to your kingdom."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1539301788211.png~ Blue ~
Blue watched the large man take out the girl and the boy in impressive time, then arrest them both. She tilted her head and blinked, a bit confused as to what just happened.

"Oh... so you two are... Superheroes?" she slowly asked, floating up a bit more lazily and watching them, "I'm Blue. I'm not exactly a civilian... not sure that I'd really be a Superhero either though. I'm not entirely sure how to register for something like that... What do you mean why am I still here? Was I supposed to not be here? I was just playing a video game at home."

"I'm safe though, I assure you. It'd be... ridiculously hard to actually kill me," she explained with a big smile on her face, "I'm a star. Kind of. A star person. Not sure what we're called though. I haven't met another person like me before... buuuuut from what I've been able to find out, I'm really young for something like me. I'm only like... 300-ish. See?"

She looked down at her chest just above where her shirt fell and the gaseous material she was comprised of made a nice little donut around a central core. This core was about the size of a golfball, and without the gaseous material around it, the heat and energy radiating off of it were definitely noticeable. It only lasted a moment though, before she smiled big again and the gas reformed around her little star core, "Literally a star person. People don't tend to believe me. Are you guys both human? Humans are so interesting and cute! They're made of so many different materials. So many chemicals. So neat."

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Hammer grinned as the situation was wrapped up and the little star being had spunk which was amusing...and useful judging by the heat he felt emanating from her. "Kinda Human. The details are a little fuzzy with us two." hammer said gesturing to him and his son who waved happily at his mention. "So your a star person huh? If you want to be a hero i got some contacts that may help." he handed her a card from his pocket bearing a u.s military insignia with the P.S.F logo. "Powered special forces kid. Best training in the world paired with the best resources in the world. Plus you can join my squad and learn to be a real badass." he lit a cigar and motioned his head to the door picking up Toni. Feral Hefted maggie over his shoulder and smiled at blue saying "Smell ya later." while part of the comment was joking, his enhanced senses did pick up a pleasing aroma from her and he did hope to see her again. The two men casually walked to the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

At Scene:
Superhero Sir Glory. An unknown Supervillain.
Threat Level: Unknown
Known Threats: Unknown Supervillain.

1539330435469.pngThe blast clearly didn't bother this dick very much. Instead, it seemed to only fuel the man's attack. The ground beneathe him was forced upwards and him along with it. He yelped and tried to get his bearings, but hardly had time to. He instead needed to react to the tree that was suddenly trying to become friends with his back. Uprooting a tree wasn't exactly a silent endeavor... luckily... and he had a moment to respond.

A bubble comprised of deep red circles appeared around him, defending him as he covered his head instinctively. The tree, due to this, went through him instead of into him, an area the width of the bubble now missing from the trunk. As the now free top end of the tree went flying, the boy tried to catch his breath as he wracked his brain for what to do.

An absolutely deafening sound went off somewhere in the woods nearby, and that he decided, was going to be where he went! Away from the crazy old guy trying to kill him. "Go back to the nursing home, wrinkle face!" he quipped as his bubble dropped, a circle appearing beneathe his feet at the same time.

It was a short teleport... or at least, multiple short teleports, only twenty to thirty feet at a time as he raced to the sound of the boom. It didn't take long to get close, but he hardly cared. Maybe they'd be distracting enough? He did look like a kid, after all... mostly because he was a kid, but still!

As soon as he was within earshot, the little demon boy shouted at the conglomeration of elves, "Help! S-Sir Glory's gone crazy! He tried to kill me with a big tree! Isn't he supposed to be a hero?! Help!"

WeaselThor WeaselThor
At Scene:
Superhero Siren and Superhero White Knight. An unknown Supervillain.
Threat Level: Unknown
Known Threats: Unknown Supervillain.

1539330286658.pngThe rather cute, odd-looking New Zealand man sighed when the second shot didn't do the damage he hoped it would. Damn. The gun was slow, a hindrance. He simply dropped it as the woman readied a rifle in turn. Timing was everything. He let out a long, low breath as she finished readying it and leveled it to shoot.

One... two... and with the third moment of waiting his hand clawed up into the air from a resting position. With it came a shining, transparent sheet, barely visible save for how it glimmered in the sunlight. As all three rounds hit it, it shattered as though it were made of glass. Every piece became a mirrored surface, a wall going at least forty feet into the air and as wide as the train tracks. It was like a wall to a different dimension.

In fact, each facet of the cracked mirror displayed something distinctly different. Here, people that they had never seen before. There, people that didn't even look human. Most of them, however, were specifically to do with them. Some of the biggest shards showed scenes of their lives, anything from the darkest of times to some of the happiest moments, and some even showed questions. Those, in particular, were confusing to look at, questions taking the form of physical images that certainly should not be possible. The most disturbing of the shards, however, were the ones that looked like they contained nothing but darkness. Beyond darkness, they looked like they contained... nothing. Not air. Not light. No stars. No life. They were emptiness's lonely cousin.

On the other side of this wall, the man huffed tiredly, looking up at his creation. Hopefully, it would keep them busy so he could escape. He didn't want to fight them, and even more so didn't want to risk hurting them. No point in staying, though. He started running away down the tracks again, looking for anything to hide in or around until they passed.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

[div class="color"]
death.jpg~ Lady Death ~
Death looked at Johnny like she wanted to do quite a bit more than just touch his hands and smiled a bit, chuckling, "I know, I know. Either one of us or the other is always in such a hurry to get somewhere. It does make really talking such a pain sometimes." She watched him step back and sighed, thinking about it before she summoned her scythe to her hand. It was tall, long, and almost entirely black. The smooth blade had a deep shade of red illuminating the inside ever so slightly. It was clearly useful for more than just farming.

"You know what? I'm going to go see your concert. That sounds like fun. It's fitting I go to your last one for now. I do wonder how long it will take you to become eager for the stage once again," she mused, stepping forward as she hooked her scythe around his back. To him, since she made it so, the blade was not sharp.

In a rather curious move, she cupped his cheek and took a moment to simply study his features, to look into his eyes and just watch the little reactions of his soul. "You really are such a remarkably interesting man, Johnny D.," she mused mostly to herself, almost a whisper, before making an even more unexpected move and kissing him.

Her lips locked with his for a long moment as she closed her eyes and savored it. Once she gently pulled away she chuckled softly, smiling up at him, "With the... ah... 'boost' I just gave you, I'm sure you'll defeat your foe without issue." After just another moment, she brought up the purple flames around him and watched him disappear, all the while thinking. That was the first she had actually kissed him. She was in one hell of an interesting mood today.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

[/div]

[class=color]
background-color: purple;
[/class]​

Once he made it into orbit Atom smasher turned to face his foe only to find Deadstar hadn't followed him. so you want the big one huh? Hate to disappoint. he then began to rapidly consume the cosmic radiation around him. From the sun, to background radiation, even small remnants of atomic tests in space. He felt his cells start to vibrate and he still pulled in the radioactive fuel. Finally after nearly a minute he had gathered what he deemed to be enough. Once more taking aim this time on Deadstars radiation signature he let half of the power detonate behind him launching him at speeds comparable to a meteor towards the target.

He broke into the atmosphere nigh instantly igniting the air in front of him and shattering the sound barrier. A second later he began rapidly increasing his bodies density taking another chunk of his power. Three seconds later he was 100,000ft up with only a second to spare when he saw Deadstars "Armor". He fired off his remaining energy in front of him creating an explosion to slow him down. However this only dropped him to half speed, pulling power from his density boosts he managed to turn at 10,000ft. Streaking overhead past deadstar and plowing into the ground with enough Force to vaporize the surface of the ground and blast several multi-ton chunks of stone dozens of meters up. He didn't stop until he hit bedrock and boy did he hit it hard. He felt his shoulder pop on impact and his arm went limp. The next thing to hit was his face which while hit with a audible thud. Followed by a deafening silence.

It didn't last to long however. Pain flooded his nerves bringing Roger back from the brink of consciousness. He shakily rose to his feet to his surprise leaking blood from his nose and mouth. His nose was quite obviously broken and his upper lip was nearly split in two. However he had more pressing injuries to attend to, his shoulder was clean out of its socket. "Crap...this is gonna hurt..." he said as he shoved his joint back into socket with a loud pop. Through gritted teeth he shouted "DEADSTAR!" as he floated back into the air his batteries were nearly tapped and he knew it but he could still recharge from the old man and his ship was only a minute or two away.
Djinni Djinni
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

As soon as the ceiling collapsed, Dexter jumped backwards in order to put distance between himself and the falling debris. Watching some...blob crush Johnny, the apprentice stared at the growing puddle of blood beneath the creature as Muse screamed. Did I just watch someone die? Trying to pull up data on the beast in front of them, the intern assumed that Johnny would be alright. People who summon demons and live tend to have a few aces up their sleeves.

Dexter's helmet gave a few short beeps before it suddenly flooded his screen with myths and lore on various monsters. Damn it! I don't have time for this! That was the problem with old and non-human heroes and villains, fact and fiction tended to get mixed up which made it difficult to actually find useful information. Irritated, the genius cleared his screen just in time for singing to filter through the air. Confused, he glanced at Muse. The woman seemed to have regained her composure enough to start singing an unfamiliar song. Doesn't she have musically inclined powers? He couldn't tell what she was aiming to accomplish, but that didn't mean that he was going to doubt her. Shifting himself into a stable stance and keeping his eyes trained on the beast, Dexter addressed his mentor, "What're your orders sir?" Edward Woodsman was the only one here, not including the squashed Johnny, with experience; cooperating with him and his ideas would most likely lead to the best possible outcome. However... Dexter glanced down at where Johnny once stood. If they weren't careful, then they would be the ones crushed under this monster.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back