• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [Superhero] We are human. WE'RE OPEN A SECOND TIME!

Unicorn666

Ace Defective

“Greetings. If you are hearing this, it means that you believe in the same things I do. Or do you?

Do you not think that this world is.. well, to say the least, lost its meaning? Or, rather, it became blurry? So have the words villain and hero in our society. Those who simply lead a different life than others and do not commit to this civil war between ‘good’ and ‘evil’ are considered villains, for if you do not fight for the good you fight for the evil, and those who have not done anything but pass several tests and join some organization are considered heroes, for you need to prove that you are indeed fighting for good. True villains stay untouched and unnoticed, perhaps even called heroes every day. True heroes remain in the dark, knowing that every other ‘hero’ out there doesn’t deserve the title. You have to prove to others that you are a HERO, but you need not to prove to anyone that you’re not a VILLAIN. Where do you stand? One or the other? Do you like these sides at all? I, for one, do not. If anything, I hate them.

Do you know the difference between an animal and a human being?

No, not the physiology. Animals adapt to their environment, humans change it. That is what I wish to accomplish - bring change. Society has been throwing the words hero and villain left and right ever since their invention, and, ironically, like most superhero stories, it has become cliche and isn’t accurate anymore. That is what I wish to change - the way society views the titles hero and villain, bring their true meanings out. Shine light into the darkness. You yourself have experienced what I’m talking about first-hand, haven’t you? As if the words hero and villain are separate from the word human.

Please remember this - I am not a villain, nor am I a hero. I won’t ignore injustice, but I also won’t sacrifice all for one. I’m human. So are you, and everyone else. Not everyone knows it yet.”

END OF TAPE.

Hello, everyone! Too long didn't read, this is a superhero plot with a dystopian cyberpunk setting. Yea, there’s still a lot of fun to be had with this concept. What I present is a story how several ‘villains’ and ‘heroes’ decide to change the ways society views those words, and maybe change themselves and their own views. What you’ve either read or skipped is an audio recording they found somewhere where only they would’ve found it, like their apartment for example.
Someone invites them to join their organization to change the views of society. And that is where we’ll kick it off in the roleplay. How are they going to do it? Who are they? Find out yourself.

And I think that wraps it up. If you think this is interesting, please, go ahead and leave a post on this here thread. Leave questions, jokes, memes, anything really. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Very, very interested. Superheroes AND cyberpunk? There's so much potential there :D. I'm wondering, how did people with powers get their powers? How common is it?

How cyberpunk is this world?

Is it '65% of the population is a cyborg and has cybernetic implant' or 'we have smart AI and ray gun for the law enforcement'.

Very, very interested. Superheroes AND cyberpunk? There's so much potential there :D. I'm wondering, how did people with powers get their powers? How common is it?

Much like how we can't really explain why we have a consciousness, the people in this world can't really explain how they have their powers. They just kind of.. always did, to different degrees of expresion, although it is connected to one's psyche. At current times (we'll say 2721) is the most expressive age of powers, because they're all more active and whatnot. However, that doesn't mean that everyone wields a power. People with powers are common. Every 1/10. Maybe? If that makes sense?

How cyberpunk is this world?

Is it '65% of the population is a cyborg and has cybernetic implant' or 'we have smart AI and ray gun for the law enforcement'.
Both. But uh, less cyborgs. Like.. maybe 20-25% at best. Actually, I 'unno, haven't really thought of that.

I am very interested in joining ^u^
Glad to know, you're welcome aboard! Once enough people show interest, I'll start writing the Lore and post the CS. Currently all of it is just in my head, with only a few ideas written down so I don't forget them.

On second thought friends, I'm not sure if I'll have the time for this one o.o, apologies for the suddden bowing otu. Have fun ya'll!

This is still alive, by the by, we're just waiting on characters and more people. Soon I'll also probably get a Discord server running so we can use that.

*awkwardly shimmies into month old thread* Hi, I really like the concept and want to join. I already have a character idea in mind but there is something that may contrast with the rules. So... is it ok that I be something other than human? It's nothing too crazy but it's kinda a play on we are human thing.

*awkwardly shimmies into month old thread* Hi, I really like the concept and want to join. I already have a character idea in mind but there is something that may contrast with the rules. So... is it ok that I be something other than human? It's nothing too crazy but it's kinda a play on we are human thing.

The roleplay died before it even began. I never started it, as we only had like 3 characters (excluding mine) ready. That was too small of an amount for the plot I had prepared, so I decided not to start it. And I also kind of never told anyone about that, which was and still is a total dick move on my part, because I was too busy (n' also lazy) with school, prom preparations and exams. Maybe if enough people show interest I'll necro this. If anything I never lost interest in this roleplay.

So yea, you can join. Go ahead, I ain't going to stop you. But, please elaborate on the 'something other than human' part. What exactly did'cha have in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back