• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Oracle.jpgOracle
Oracle huffed, folding her arms after the aoe totally failed as well. She had one honed extra sense she could use, but… eh… as much as it was her namesake, using it to directly look into another person’s future felt like an invasion of privacy. She tilted her head slightly as her ring came back to her and settled in its place around her waist, “Hey you don’t care what I do as long as it’s not dangerous to civilians or would damage the building, right?”

Getting a confirmation, she sighed and calmed herself, focusing on seeing the flow of time and space around her. To her, and most of her family, they saw it as a whole mess of stars and lights, nebula and everything. It didn’t look like much of anything that makes sense but it made a sort of instinctual sense to her family. Outwardly it looked like she was zoning out a little.

Oracle lifted her hand up and did a simple magic missile spell, shooting out a series of five bolts out to where she could sense Olivine would be next.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

ada.jpgAda
Ada looked away from him, staring at the corner of the dash, "This is our fault. I just wanted a friend and this is my fault he got dragged in. If I didn't then he wouldn't have gotten kidnapped with me. He wouldn't have us threatening to end his life! It's not like he did anything to cause this or deserve this. I hate this. I... I fucking hate this!" Ada lashed out at the armrest of the car door in a blur of movement, punching it to little effect. She sniffled, bringing her knees up to completely hide her face.

"Dad, Sean's not stupid. One of his powers is super-intelligence. I'm almost certain he's going to look into us more. Probably using his powers. It's what I'd do. I don't know how far back or forward he can look in our timelines," she mumbled, not bothering to move her face away from her legs, "That could be dangerous. I still don't want him to die though. It's my fault... I don't want him to die for MY fault!"

Chutes.jpgChutes
Chutes chuckled softly, more than happy to tease her a little, "Agas you're sooooooo loud. Yes, I have 'sin'. Even your father has murdered people. Angelkind has murdered millions in the war against Hell. There are many examples where even one such as you are willing to pass over things if need be. Natalie, I am making a particular effort not to view your thoughts. Don't worry. I'm only hearing your dialogue between you two because she's so loud it's too hard to ignore." He didn't separate the two, as requested.

"Agas. Just a tip. Don't try to kill me, please. You wouldn't succeed, and I do not mean that in a braggartly way. Your time is far better used elsewhere. My soul doesn't even function the same way as normal," he sighed and stretched his arms out and stood up. Chutes walked over to the tree and leaned against it, his hands cupped out in front of him. Above his palms, he grew a flower. "I can offer more dark souls to you to make up for my own minor darkness," he stated, simply. Chutes smiled, seemingly no longer bothered by Agas, "Natalie, after you finish up, I'd love to show you some skating. Have you ever done ice skating? Oh, or I have somewhere we could go to do a spot of treasure hunting? I'll leave you with the choice between the two."

183BD1F0-8174-4F01-A5F9-0548C55C7D55.jpeg
Carinthia
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Carinthia was close to tears as she clutched Arenike in her arms leaning her head down she softly mucked into the top of Arenike’s. “I waited for you master just as you would have wanted. The others were traitorous and left but I never did. I protected our joke and your things. Please forgive me for pulling my blade from your personal armory. I needed to to rid our home of there Hersey and protect it.” She said softly to Arenike as tears started to well in her eyes. Her master was finally back, she had purpose again. For a moment she was about to cry then the masked person next to them caught her attention.

Needless to say the sort of back handed threat this being in a plague mask offered to her queen wasn’t taken lightly as that overjoyed loving smile on her face quickly disappeared. Replaced with pure blood shed and murderous intent as her left arm wrapped around Arenike in a protective manner, clutching the small woman to her chest while her right quickly drew the massive cleaver like sword from her hip and held it ready facing this masked person. “You dare to threaten my queen?” She asked quietly as her eyes laid unblinking upon this masked person clearly ready to kill her over the threat.​

Selene.pngSelene and Tabby
"Why would they take me away again?" Selene asked, pulling her tail around onto her lap as they got moving across the empty road, still in the middle of nowhere enough that seeing another living soul was few and far between, "It's not fair."

Tabby chimed in, "It's because they want to keep you safe. Or that's what they claim anyway. Honestly? I'm a cynic. Given what sort of place you ended up at, I think they just wanted to keep you close enough they could grab you if needed, but out of sight. So that your dad has a carrot on a stick to keep him going - no offense, Thomas. But yeah. I seriously doubt that his wife, your mom, is in 'witness protection' either, given that you weren't. I bet she's in observation of some kind. I mean, she was present for the event that happened to Thomas. The team would have gotten less radiation than Thomas did, of course, by a lot, but no doubt that they got some radiation. I mean, hell, that stuff spreads like glitter at a children's party."

Seeing Selene's horrified expression, ears back, in the rearview, she cleared her throat, "Sorry. I'm sure wherever your mom is she's being treated well. Just being watched at the same time. Who's to say the others didn't get abilities from the event too? I mean your dad did, and he got like... tons of it. So maybe your mom got something cool too? If she did, then it would make sense for them to watch her. She's a scientist like your dad, after all. She would want to research the effects, I bet." Tabby tried to fix the tense atmosphere she created, to moderate effect with Selene at least...

"So... yeah! Your school. Let's talk about that more instead," Tabby fumbled, staring back at the road after she took the contact info and put it in her phone without even looking at the screen, "Is it not challenging enough for you? I know that's usually an issue for brilliant kids. I bet your dad probably had difficulties like that."

Selene huffed, still clearly thinking about her mom, but she answered regardless, "Yeah. I guess. I'm trying to work ahead but it's hard without a teacher. And then I just can't focus on the work. Father Anderson says that focus problems are pretty common for kitsune since we've got some more fox-like tendencies. So I have more issues with focus and impulse control. Like... I guess it's like ADHD? Or that ADHD is more common for kitsune? I dunno. But it makes focusing on doing homework really really hard. I don't like boys or girls though, Miss Tabby. I think they're both equally gross. I only kinda have a crush on one boy... but don't tell him I said that. Okay?"

"I won't say a word," Tabby chuckled, calling the number Thomas gave her, "Hi. I'm calling to inquire if a Dr. Heinrich Böhmer still works there? Oh? He does? Mhm... okay. Thanks. Thank you. Great. My name is Tabby. Could you let him know that one 'Thomas Black' is going to be coming to visit in a couple of hours? If he's free, that is. He is? Great. Okay, thanks. Have a great day. Bye." She sighed and looked in the rearview again, "Dr. Böhmer still works at the school. Doesn't want to retire or something, the receptionist said, made him sound a little difficult to deal with. He doesn't have another class today and should be in his office until late. So we're in luck. It's gonna take at least a couple of hours to get there though. You gonna take a nap or chat with your daughter?"

dunnie human.pngMuse, Dunnie, and Misty
Muse smiled down at Dunnie, “It’s okay. My talisman is more meant for seeing not so much touching. Don’t worry too much, Dunnie, but I would appreciate it. I’d love to see what your other form looks like.”

Dunnie nodded and closed her eyes, her form rippling back to a normal-looking human child. The two girls clambered into the car as well, and Dunnie began chatting with Misty about what happened. Having someone to talk to that was around her age seemed to make Misty lose all of her fear again, and she boldly told her little story like her and her dad were superheroes.

Death, still on that balcony, picked up her small black phone and answered the call, “Oh, hello Detective. Well, thank you for giving me a call. I appreciate. Humans certainly move so fast. I’m pleased to hear she’s alright. Wandering off in this day and age is so very dangerous for small mortal girls. I’ll try to keep you in mind for the tournament and whatnot later. Feel free to keep this number to call me if needed. I quite like your type, as far as mortals go. A good soul. Alright. Goodbye, Detective.”

Muse waited to talk until after the phone call ended, “Ah… Detective Marshall? If you want you can just drop me off at any nearby bus stop. I know you’re going to be busy and this is more family stuff, not anything I can really help with. Besides, it’s more personal, and you hardly know me.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
bells.pngBells
Bells held Mary in her lap with her head on her shoulder, quietly listening to the girl freak out and go on about things. She was pretty cute... Smart, too. Bells shrugged, "Well, the closer you get to lightspeed the more that effect comes into view. It messes with your field of view and everything. That's something I can attest to when I go full speed. I can't go at light speed but I get close. If you were going faster than light, then that would start getting into the realm of tachyons and the question of time travel. So uh. Yeah, I'd say that's definitely an instinctual no-no. If I had to guess that 'cliff' is time. Where time starts doing weird things and you get into quantum mechanics? A quantum cliff. Yeah, that sounds nice and catchy and badass."

She laughed, "You turned into a streak of light from my perspective. And, sweetheart, I can tell you've never really pushed yourself before, because that wouldn't have been ONE lap. That was many. Think of how long it takes for light to move around the earth once. Over seven times a second. Even with my modest speed compared to you, people just don't catch someone like me if I really try. And that's why I wear bells and heels and stuff to give people a fighting chance."

"Anyway, that was really fun, even though I'm so tired now. Do you wan-" Bells was cut off by the sound of Mary's phone ringing again. This time it was a school call.

The gruff german man on the other sound of the phone was one of her teachers, he had a thick accent and a loud speaking voice, stereotypically commanding, "Mary! I vant vu to schow up to zee class in zee next hour if vu can. Arh ! I am calling ozer classmades as vell. I haffe ein old friend coming offer, ein sciendist, und his knovledge is ein Hobordunity vu vill not vant to miss! Zo do not miss it!!" At the same time, poor Selena Star came running back to them. She had to figure out where they had gone since they were now on the beach, and seemed to have gotten a little bit of a better grasp on her speed now.

The change from asphalt to sand was too much for the new speedster, however, and so she tumbled and rolled nearly into the sea. Selena gave a thumbs up, "I'm okay!! Your paper's in, Mary!! All good! Ech... ew. I got sand in my mouth..."

Haunted House
Magnus held the small beast in his arms as he watched its larger, more violent cousin get forced into submission. He sighed, "Such a shame, really. There's going to be a lot of spirit therapy after something like this. I wonder why the reapers weren't able to take them away, though? Perhaps the beast obscured their view or could usher the reapers off in some sense? I doubt it would be of any consequence to a reaper knight, but regular reapers are a skittish bunch most of the time." He pet the small one and observed the girls working.

After a little bit, he cleared his throat again, "Would you like me to round up all the spirits in the house so we can do a headcount and start to process them?"

(( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Djinni Djinni Sorry it's so short!))

Orpheus was about to reply but the bomb in his face silenced him. "Oh, How cliche" Were the words he muttered to himself before the explosion went off, the fragmentations blowing away half of his face and heavily impacting into his chest and up. Orpheus was sent back by the explosions into a fire, due to the fire the floor was quite weakened, and the impact from orpheus cashed it to break, sending orpheus crashing down to the bottom floor landing in front of axiom, orpheus body was mangled with charred flesh and bits of flesh missing entirely, showing a metallic skeleton with blue liquid flowing throw it it as well as magic enchantments carved into it. Turning his head causing a grinding noise of two misaligned metal plates, his glowing blue metallic eye looked at Axiom and while blue sparks flew from his body and the ceruleum magic power leaked from his mouth he coughed, "My apologies, he caught me off guard. I did not expect an explosive in close range, Please do not worry for my appearance" He said calmly as he could feel the ceruleum leaking, It was concentrated magic that powered most of his magitek skeleton frame, in other words, part of his life force.

Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

747e7e5d55f982be6906fe4a8be9dd46.pngUnagi frowned some and looked down at Hannyas comment, giving a week nod, but before she could continue, the spider doll walked forward, "please friends....follow me, She is expecting you two eagerly" The doll said with a zealous grin of euphoria. She eagerly led them walking through the house as if she knew its entire layout, Taking them to a room, "shes so happy to meet you two, I can feel her joy~" She said her smile still plastered on, opening the door for them and letting them into the arcade play palace of a room, Sitting on a beanbag chair petting Sharla the tarantula. Looking up at them, the woman gave a warm smile, "Greetings, My japanese is still being refined so I hope I don't mispeak, it is an honor to have you two here~" she gestured to the tatami mat laid out before her, a traditional knee pillow set atop it, along with a normal bean bag chair. This was her domain, if the spider doll considered her a goddess, then this was her divine realm. Hannya and Unagi could feel the blade of death pressed to their throats, something, or someone was watching this room. And if they acted, it would surely strike. The spider doll strode over next to Cyri and sat down.

Unagi gulped as she broke out in a cold sweat from the sudden instinct of danger scream at her, her hand had darted to her sword as she already had a spell in her hand, with slow breaths, she dissipated the spell and walked forward, taking a seat on the beanbag. This woman, she was dangerous, physically strong? No, in all honestly Unagi felt even she could beat her with ease, but Unagi skilled in the ways of the otherworldly could feel it, the house was glowing with a complex web of psychic power, but this woman, she was the source, everything caught in that web of minds, flowed to her, She had tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands within her psychic hive, and yet, she's calmly sitting here as if its the easiest thing in the world. With the onmyoji pact she was now partially linked with the spider doll, and she could sense the overwhelming force of her mere presence had charmed her into a state of worship. "....A Psychic hive entomancer...." Unagi mumbled out loud, gaining a big smile from Cyri. "ooh Ding ding ding! yes! 10 points to Unagi, indeed, I am an entomancer. Though I am mostly known as The Itsy Bitsy Spider, you two can just call me Cyri, I'd let you meet my Sister Aranea, but she doesn't want to take up this valuable time. It's not everyday I get to meet a real samurai and a huge japanese figure! Not to mention all the interesting Yokai that followed you here, there was that cool red oni that was sliced down all chanbara style, even with a cool last words before the whole sword sheath! And I cant forget this adorable little cutie! A spider who controls a doll, its so adorable! I wanted to meet the arachne too but they were kind kicking your ass so I asked my friends to clean them up~ Can you come out to play sweetie?" She asked the doll spider while stroking the fake hair, the doll opening its mouth, a small spider only the size of a ping pong ball crawling out without any hesitation, Cyri happily picking her up, gently using a finger to pet it. "the other ones that followed you were really cool too!" She said with an excited grin. This was the best informant in all of LA, The queen of the information network, She whos net traps all. The itsy bitsy spider.

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617-png.969550
AXIOM

Axiom's eyes widen when he sees Orpheus' exposed, metal skeleton leaking some blue-ish substance and his overall charred appearance. He takes his back from against the wall and stands over Orpheous "It's not so much I'm worried for your looks as opposed to your life, sir." Axiom carefully scoops up Orpheus into his arms "We'll catch him another time." He looks around for Nexus "Whoever you are, we have to clear the building now!" Axiom begins making a run towards the exit while dodging the falling remains of the building
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

Tessa Ledo

The circle went off without a hitch, putting the beast right into a trance. The once violent wrath was calmed in no time at all. Good. The fight was at its end regardless, but it was good that it had a peaceful resolution. Unfortunately, she couldn't just be left to do her job... the young woman let out a quiet sigh. She knew that the exorcist wasn't actually asking, though the spirit might have been.

Her annoyed expression may have been hidden by her mask, not to mention the tall shadow that shrouded her to mortals, but her tone made it clear. "I don't suppose you'd leave if I said I prefer to handle it myself. But I suppose there's worse partners to work with on such a thing. By all means, Poltergeist. Let's get this over with.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Cosmic Arbiter

"Correct. Your goal is to hit me. I do not care how hard, or how minor. So long as you do not harm our environment, or the civilians, do as you see fit. Push yourself, Oracle." Olivine watched patiently as Oracle seemed to slowly begin to zone out, a soft hum of thought escaping her as she observed her. It was safe to suspect that she was using her skill with divination if she had to guess. Gazing into timestreams and the woman's near future, though she could only ponder how powerful her skillset with it was to date. How accurate and how far could she gaze into the branches of time's unwoven tapestry? It was an interesting thing to consider...if all went well, she'd become quite powerful with it. "I will remind you. I'm holding nothing back, Oracle." As she spoke Olivine reached into a breast pocket, producing what appeared to be a simple, if ornate, pocket watch. Made of gold with ivory etching and inlay she snapped it open in front of her, studying it intently as an ethereal dim white glow escaped the now open watch. As she reviewed her prospective branching futures she nodded calmly to herself. One after the next, Olivine calmly drifted through the air as she seemed to outright defy Oracle's first four bolts, even though they should have most certainly hit Olivine based on the timelines.

The Cosmic Arbiter snapped the pocket watch shut and stuffed it into her pocket as she folded her hands behind her back, accepting the fifth and final shot straight to the face, tumbling backward end over end in the air towards the ground, as if she had turned into a limp ragdoll. On the way to the ground, she tumbled straight into a shimmering portal that opened up right beneath her, swallowing her and promptly spitting her right back out behind Oracle, rubbing her jawline softly from where she'd been nailed, any damage seeming to have been repaired, likely during her dramatic fall. "Your spells have an impressive little punch, despite being a more simple casting. Most impressive."
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Casey Kemp

"Don't blame yourself for him being kidnapped. Based off my understanding, it happens every other week to him. You cannot blame yourself for something that happens routinely to him." Casey was silent for a moment as Ada lashed out at the car door, doing absolutely nothing to the protective interior. Any of the vehicles Casey bothered to drive were invested in to be able to survive extensive amounts of punishment, a punch from an aggravated teen wouldn't do much. Casey hummed very briefly in thought as she posed the quandry of Sean looking into their future, or even their past. "Be it through threat or otherwise, he still agreed to my terms of not doing that. Granted, he's pissed, but I'm still not going to be overly happy if he goes back on that agreement. At any rate...it's your time to make a decision. You want to take every ounce of blame, that's alright. But what to you want to do then. I'm letting you make this decision. Don't answer me immediately, think on the question." While this was a rather unpleasant time for Ada to deal with, it was still a chance for her to learn, and use the brain he knew she had. She was smart, and she had plenty of training and lessons. She just needed to calm down, and give him an answer, and they'd both learn from it.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

Natalie sipped her tea calmly as Chutes engaged in conversation with the wrathful entity in her head, glancing over at him even as the Spirit of Vengeance raged. "You're talking to a brick wall, love. You can't win this conversation with her. Best not to play chess with a pigeon. Even if you win, it'll crap on the board and strut away like it was the victor." I HEARD THAT! Oh good, I don't have to repeat myself, then. Natalie finished her sandwich while she and Agas continued to grapple in her mind, the punk woman's attention on her tea now that she'd finished her food. Glancing over at Chutes, Nat flashed a smile as she finished her tea and stood upright. "You're too nice, Chutes. Efforts are better spent elsewhere than a pissed-off Spirit and me, y'know? Ya can't talk sense to nonsense, and Agas isn't anything but nonsense." Walking over to Chutes she leaned against the tree, the thud of her hand against the bark of the tree near Chutes head as she looked at him, grinning wide. "Ice skating, if the option is on the table. I've never actually been on ice that hasn't collapsed beneath me when I stood on it. Plus you can use ice skates of weapons. It's a piece of sporting equipment and an improvised blade!"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Corvus

The plague doctor tilted her head slightly as she regarded Arenike, the mask she wore only lending to her birdlike mannerisms. Before she could offer her rebuttal in kind, the new vampire had her own 'insightful' input to offer to the conversation. "My dear lady. I've offered no threat to Miss Arenike, and any threat is merely perceived due to your own obsession and desire to protect your liege. I am a doctor, I am pledged to do no harm, so I could not ever hope to threaten Miss Arenike. The topic was simply steared to the fact my child is at a virology lab, so I simply broached an interesting fact on the subject of virology. I am most sorry you did not find it fascinating. You really should relax, my dear, not everything is a threat. Some studies even suggest hyper hostility is a form of Mania. Perhaps it may be best if we seek you a psychiatrist, so you may attend counseling with Miss Arenike." Corvus's tone was calm and relaxed as she addressed the vampire, attention going to Arenike.

"Thank you for the suggestion, Arenike. I graciously accept your offer of driving us." Corvus made her way into the facility, now outright ignoring Carinthia as he politely asked Melissa for her car keys. Though the scientist was hesitant, she knew better than to stall Corvus, who promptly came back and offered the keys to Arenike. "Do lead on, my dear lady."
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Dr. Peter Lance

The doctor grinned wide even as Viona continued to stab him time and time again, his body and clothes healing almost promptly as soon as the highly venomous needle was yanked out of his arm. One hand rested atop her head to keep her at a reasonable distance, the man jotting notes to the best of his ability on the notepad he had put on the desk behind him, the other hand scribbling with a pen. "I see, I see! Yes, interesting! A total cellular adjustment, fascinating. Oh?~" The doctor glanced to Viona as she objected that her mother would dislike her being a 'henchwoman'. "A henchwoman? My dear girl, nothing so droll. You'd have a much more esteemed position, I assure you! The absolute best health insurance you could ever desire!" Peter put the notepad and pen into his breast pocket, even as Viona continued her stabbing. "Such a perfection question! Please, allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man with a wealth of knowledge, and taste. Working for me can be quite fun, I should think! I'd dare say you'd be a Champion for the cause! I can offer plenty of benefits as well. Teach you things you never thought possible. How to make these amazing toxins only target specific individuals, or specific organs and limbs! Intensify their strength, or dilute it. How to control them outside of your body. Dare I say...teach you how to turn them off, completely, if you desired."

An almost dark and mad grin spread across the doctors lips, eyes alight with some sort of glee. "So much knowledge, so much to learn...all for but a simple handshake. A simple yes. You are a piece of art, a masterpiece of the virological and illness! Let me please introduce myself, not this silly little name I use. I am Pestilence, and that should tell you the nature of my game. Oh but such a decision, you can't make it so hastily. You need to ask dear old mom, right? Well, don't let me delay you. You have my card. I look forward to hearing from you, Viona Reistin." The doctor gave a slow and almost manic chuckle as he started to fizzle, dissipating into a thick green miasma that flooded the room, oddly reminscent of Corvus's black miasma. All at once, the green smoke disappeared, and with it every damn virological specimen in the lab. And though he'd never put anything in her free hand, if she should glance down she'd see a rather fine and ornate business card in her grip. "Pestilence, One of Four." Below the bold letterhead was a simple image of a figure on a white horse, a bow in hand with an arrow notched.
latest.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
Thomas Black

Thomas fell uncomfortably silent as Tabby gave her rather cynic (and likely true) take on everything. Though of course, it was all information no one would have told Thomas for obvious reasons, carrot on a stick after all. "She's not in observation...she can't be locked up somewhere," he mumbled to himself, gripping his knee with white knuckles as he stared vacantly out the car window, jaw clenched tight. "Please don't...suggest anything like that, Tabby. I don't want to think about my wife locked up somewhere or anything like that, or even consider she got...some sort of terrible mutation." He wasn't sure he could live with himself if his wife somehow got mutated with a radiation boost. After all, that entire site was his project. Realistically, it was both his wife and his project, but blame is oft absorbed by the one who has the most guilt. While Selene had been eased, Thomas was obviously aggravated by the entire prospect and on edge, still clutching his knee.

Despite it all, he forced himself to continue to participate in the conversation. "School was incredibly boring for me. The only reason I focused was that your mom was in most of my classes, and she wouldn't let me fall asleep in class. Kept telling me to focus, so I did. It gets easier to do, even if it's boring...you're right though, your mother has a very slight case of attention deficiency. Not as bad as others, but if she's really passionate about something she'll keep jumping back to it as a topic, somehow. Otherwise, she's very calm and reserved...she was always a bit of a wallflower, actually." Thomas seemed to have slowly started to relax, though he was most definitely tuning reality out as he got lost in much happier memories. Though as he tuned in to the sound of the ongoing phone call his attention sharpened quite suddenly at the confirmation Heinrich was still employed with the school, staring at Tabby silently in mixture of shock and awe. "He's still alive? Man was basically a skeleton the last time I saw him...Please don't be bring it up when you see him, yea? He's just really old. He's like...from 1910. Was stuck in a wheelchair last I saw him, constantly on oxygen. Was a grumpy workaholic, so the receptionist is right." Thomas gave a small sigh, glancing back at Selene. "You're call, hun. Chat, or nap?"
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

"Of course, ma'am. I said I'd call you, and I try to keep my word. And I'll keep your number on hand, since you don't mind. Take care, Lady Death, it was a pleasure to meet you." As the call ended he glanced over to Muse, offering a small shrug. "It's fine. It's getting late, at least let me and the wife treat you to a late lunch. I'll give you a bus fair and you can head out then, I can handle work stuff and family affairs after that. Besides, my wife is my partner, you'd need to meet her sooner rather than later." Adam's focus darted over to Muse for but a moment before his attention went back to the road ahead of them. Reaching to the radio he turned it to a classic rock radio as they made their way down the road, a modest ride until they would reach his home. Parking the car he climbed out and stretched, waiting until everyone filed out until he locked out. "Alright everyone, inside."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mary Moon

The small redhead stared ahead, even as she was otherwise cuddled into Bells lap, and no protest would prevent this she figured. "A quantum cliff? Interesting. That's a fair assumption..." Dammit, Tachyon! That would have been an awesome hero name! Like, Velocity was cool and all, but Tachyon sounded kick ass! Even as she pondered the thought she quickly jumped back to her scientific thoughts, so lost in everything she didn't realize she'd started to lean into Bells. Entirely the succubus's fault, surely, eliciting such a reaction. "Hey, I was trying to be humble. I haven't had to push myself before, but I wasn't about to let you win a race. Shame upon the entire clan of Moon if I did! God, I wish I could review data for this and test it a bit more..." Mary glanced over to Bells as she was about to suggest something, giving a soft 'one second' as she pulled her phone out. She didn't bother to check the caller I.D, mind so occupied that she just picked up. What she wasn't expecting was Dr. Böhmer giving her a call, nearly fumbling her phone as the thick and commanding german accent could be heard. "O-oh hey Dr. Böhmer! Erm, yes sir! Be there shortly, you know me!" The call ended just as Selena showed up, Mary popping out of Bells lap and rushing over to help her friend upright, eyes wide.

"Hey hey hey! No worries, we'll wash your mouth out, no sand in there, promise! Listen, a bunch of weird just happened, and we can discuss it later! Thank you so so much for helping me turn in my paper! Come on, gotta head back to Campus, and gotta stay near you while you get a grasp on everything! Oh uhm, one second!" Mary suddenly zipped back over to Bells, quickly producing a marker from her pocket and writing her phone number on the succubus's exposed arm. "Happy to kick your butt in a race anytime." Zipping back to Selena and pocketing her marker she grabbed the new speedsters arm. "Got an old cranky German cyborg waiting, gotta go, let's go!" And with that she yanked Selena away at a 'modest' speed, back towards campus proper.
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Blessed Death

Carmen adjusted her gloves, a slight tug here, an adjustment there as she spoke, the wires comfortably hidden within her gloves once again. "Please, if you would so kindly, Magnus. Oh dear Gravespeaker. Of course, I'll leave. After I do my job. Don't sound so dejected, there are far worse things a german could be helping you do to the dead." With that otherwise sinisterly dark joke hanging in the air Carmen turned on her heel, starting towards the main floor that they had left earlier. "Always so grumpy, truly. And they say Germans and French are buzzkills." The soft sound of dress shoes on wooden floor could be heard as she made her way to the floor proper, hands folded behind her back as she waited for the rest to join her.
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

1651786998765.pngUCLA
It was a couple of hours before they made it back to LA and to the university. Selene wanted to chat at first but dozed off in short order. The car lulled her to sleep, despite how fast Tabby was driving. Tabby was quiet. She had already made Thomas feel worried enough. She shouldn’t have rambled. Maybe she could try to find some information about his wife while she was still trusted, because no doubt this mess would come crashing down at some point.

The teacher was from 1910, though? How the hell was he still alive?? That was like… fuck, 140 years ago or so? Talk about a skeleton… Tabby was starting to wonder if this was even a good idea. Still, it was a lead, and a way to get Thomas out of the base for a while.

Meanwhile, Mary and Selena got to the robo-teacher WAY too early, and got put to work thanks to it.

Dr. Böhmer was excited to see his former student. He never imagined living long enough to see much of anything anymore. He was so pleased. He wanted to have Thomas talk to his students - whoever was available for this little surprise meeting anyhow. That happened to be a handful of ten students, Mary and Selena included, who were not entirely sure why they were really here, but they weren't about to bother the Dr about it.

Eventually, Thomas, Tabby, and Selene showed up. Dr. Böhmer, in all his robotic glory, was in his office. As soon as he noticed Thomas approaching he rushed out and gripped his shoulders, "Zomas! Oh, vu look bazetic und zo zin! Do vu not eat enough, poy? Come, come! I haffe kazered zome schtudents. Schtudents! Come, follow me und ve vill commanteer ein embty classroom. Zis is Zomas. He vas ein schtudent of mine years ako. He is zee berzon I vant vu all to meet. Zomas, I vould like vu to ansver zome of zeir gueszions. Zis is ein kood Hobortunity for zee younger generazion." He ducked into the nearest empty classroom and finally seemed to notice Selene and Tabby, "Oh! Oh, vu haffe ein child vith vu! Is zis CHuliet's child? Vu tvo really did make ein life togezer. Vu know, vu tvo vere Hatdached at zee hip. I'm not zurbrized. Hello, little one. Do not mind mein face. I bromize I am not ein scary man."

Selene's mouth was ajar this whole time, eyes wide, so very confused by this whirlwind of a man. She gripped at her dad's jacket with a small fist, whispering, "Dad... he's a robot."

"I am not guite ein ropot. Android vould pe more correct, or effen cyporg. I am schtill of ein human mind, little one," Dr. Böhmer corrected, "Mary! Come here, come here. I need vu to take notes, und vu're zee fastest at vriding. Now zen! I zuboze I schould ask vy vu decited to fizit finally afder all zeze years, Zomas?"

sylvia.pngThe Marshall Household
Sylvia scooped Misty up before her feet even hit the threshold and pinched her cheek as she hurried inside with the others, "You are in so much trouble! Both of you are! I'm so upset with you, Misty Vestalia Marshall. If you're going to go out you TELL somebody! What if a cult tried to steal you or if a spirit monster tried to hunt you? What would we do if you got hurt?" Sylvia started crying, squeezing her child to her chest, "Damn it, Misty, don't scare me like that. There's a lot of bad stuff happening in LA right now. You can't go out by yourself. Or with Dunnie. You have to make sure to have an adult with you."

Misty's voice was muffled against fabric, "I'm sorry momma..."

Sylvia sighed, "Just don't do it again. And you don't get electronics privileges tonight. Why'd you run off?"

"I wanted to investigate like you and daddy..."

She sighed again, "I'm happy you wanna be like me and your dad but we investigate things CAREFULLY. Okay? We can get you some more books about police work and some workbooks for you to study. Heck, I'll even sign you up for some combat classes if you really want. Just don't run off like that again. It's dangerous." Sylvia looked to Muse, "Hi... Sorry, my name's Sylvia, Silver Sylvia. You're a new apprentice for Adam? No offense, you look a bit normal for that... You gonna be okay?"

"I've got talismans!" Muse chirped, "And my name's Abigail. Hero name is Muse, though."

Sylvia eyed her for a long moment, then turned to her husband, child still on her hip, "She has a memetic effect? I can feel it just a little thanks to how sharp I have to be about that kind of thing with you, hun."

Muse smiled sweetly, "Yeah... It's my voice. It affects people. I can't completely turn it off. Don't worry though, it's safe and I'd never use it against someone without their permission - or if they're a villain, of course."

"All good, Abigail," she waved it off, "I was just noting it. In this house, I have to be quick to notice that kind of thing for my own safety. Sometimes M&M likes to play with low-level abominations so if I pick up on it quickly it saves me a headache or worse. At least your memetic effect isn't dangerous for others. That's good. Hunny, is she staying for lunch? I can reheat some food now that you're all home."

Bojax Varuja

Jax just gave Machina a confused look. He didn't see what was glib about what he said; metal was her problem, and it was too useful to generally exclude from your standard carry kit. Of course she'd lose. "I don't see what's glib about a metal specialist being able to beat someone who requires metal," he said off-handedly. All the same, he was listening to Seiva's explanation. When she was done, he continued to stare at her for a moment before shaking his head. "That's... a lot. I'll need a bit to process all that. I can't say I'm surprised about the power of your heritage, though. It fits with all the bullshit you've been able to do."

When Nadia appeared, he jumped as well, though he was a little more used to it. "Oh. Hello Nadia. I guess I'm glad too... though things certainly could have gone a bit differently on arrival," he muttered to himself. "But I suspect this world is much more amenable than my own home... or Hell," he added, nodding to Seiva's comment. Seiva herself continued to talk about some "hero" and "villain" system, which he didn't much care about, nevermind their more specific "classes". As long as he could get into such a position that this system didn't impede what he wanted to do... which he really needed to think about.

Glancing up at the suit again, he contemplated. He supposed step one would be getting his gear back... and then making himself one of those. After that, he would learn what he could of this world... and go kick this Kali woman's ass. She was helping people, so she may have been on the hero side, but an arranged duel should be fine, right?

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

chutesblushing.pngChutes
Chutes's cheeks flushed red and his tail fluffed up, staring into Natalie's eyes as she did the anime thing so casually and cooly like that. He nodded, "Ah... y-yeah... I can... we can do that... yeah. I um... you're really beautiful, Natalie." Chutes gently took her hand and kissed her knuckles, teleporting them both to a large ice skating rink where the ceiling looked like a starry night. Now on the outskirts of this rink, he offered Natalie some skates and sat down to put some on himself.

"Since you've never been ice skating before, be a little careful. It's deceptively easy to fall," Chutes said, sliding out backwards onto the ice a couple of feet. He offered his hand, "Sticking to the wall is a good idea to start off."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back