• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
seiva.jpgSeiva
Oh well. Seiva supposed she needed to intervene now. It wasn’t like the cyanide leak was enough to really kill people, hell, they were in an open air area anyway, but her little idiot looked like they were about ready to pass out from the gas.

She hopped out of the air and landed in the middle of the scene, in the same movement clearing the air of any gas with a flick of her fingers. Seiva planted one hand on her hip, the other flashing a little metallic red card their government had given her to avoid unnecessary damage to property. It showed the heroes she was a “deity-class” individual. In her case, of course, that meant Demon Lord. Annoying she got lumped in with gods but oh well. The card basically told them not to fight her unless absolutely necessary - because she’d kick their ass and would make a mess doing it.

Seiva tucked her card away again with a massive grin on her face and stared at Jax, helping him stay standing with her now free arm, “Damn. It’s been a while, brat. You don’t look like you’ve aged a day since I lost you. And now you’re here makin’ a mess and a half. What am I gonna do with you?”

She realized he couldn’t understand her and laughed, “Right. Right. You spoke a different language. This is gonna hurt a little.” Seiva tapped his forehead with a rapid movement and forcibly taught him English. The effect was a new language learned, of course, but also an instant awful headache.

“Hi,” she said again, smiling wide. Her eyes looked up toward Alexandria, “Machina! Get down here and do whatever questioning stuff you need to do. I’m gonna take him with me after that. He won’t be going to the PD.”

Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni

Thomas Black

Thomas was fading in and out of the conversation slash briefing, resting the side of his head against the Humvee's window, watching Nevada desert go by, sand as far as the eyes could see...and rocks. If they kicked him out right here, he could be alone and may not hurt anyone ever again. But he may also never see his family again, and he finally had a chance to see Selene. A chance to see his daughter again...whatever it took, then. Fingers clenched atop his knee as he took a slow breath, attention finally settling on Tabby as she picked up the briefing. Lifting his face from the glass he leaned over to peer over her shoulder at the tablet. At the sight of the picture he felt his mouth go dry, staring at it. "She's a kid," he said blankly, attention going to Tabby's face. "They want it to fight a kid?" Thomas constantly had that 'kicked puppy' look in his eyes, granted with good reason, but it was slowly turning into more of a 'shot puppy' look.

"...Please don't let it kill her?" It was a frequent request he found himself making on designated missions. 'Don't let it go to far'. It didn't always work, and half the time Tabby probably agreed just to make him feel better. But there was only so much one could do to the damn thing if it was really lost in the moment. Thomas reached into a pocket before handing off the usual pieces of equipment to Tabby. His phone, his wallet, whatever spare change he had in his pocket at the time...a whole dollar and seventy five cents this time. "Alright...fine." There was no use arguing with the decisions of those above him anymore, it was just pointing a dog in a direction and letting it off the chain. "So what's it going to be, this time? Want me to just get angry again? Go for a run? Hit me with the Humvee? Have the driver shoot me in the back when I'm not looking?" It wasn't so much defeatist as a genuine question, considering every method worked, and they'd used every method and then some at this point. Tabby, of course, rarely had a say in how they wanted to 'deploy' his Mr. Jekyll. He glanced at the tablet, giving a small sigh and pointing towards a point on the map. "Almost there, I see?"

latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Despite the cyanide being extremely dizzying, Jax managed to remain conscious... though moving was not in the cards. Not enough to really get away, but enough to be aware when the gas vanished. The energy he felt when it did was familiar, but for the life of him he couldn't focus enough to remember what.

The voice that followed, however, was easily familiar. Seiva? What the hell? He knew she was a dimension hopper, but how did she find him so fast? That made no sense. And she was speaking... whatever language was spoken here. Had she been here before? A sharp pain rang through his head on top of everything else happening, but it was pretty small fry to the burning in his throat. "Cool, can you heal me now?" he asked, voice rough with the effects of the poison and tear gas.

Once Seiva healed him, he rubbed the tears off his face. "Fuckin'... hi, Seiva. Care to explain why you're so powerful suddenly? I didn't spend THAT long floating around between... worlds, I guess." He stared over at the woman who had attacked him, able to read the sword. "HEY! KALI, YOU DAMN PSYCHO!" He flipped her off as she zipped around.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Name: Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

1649712789927.png
....Of course nothing was going to go how she wanted it to today. One of the smartest people in the goddamn city and of course someone had to do something as stupid as ignite Tear Gas!!! She was going to have to make a mental note to basically create a better mouse trap - again, but this time the mouse trap was literally better, non-flammable tear gas. Naturally, part of the responsibility for the block basically being hit with Cyanide gas was going to fall on her shoulders, but how much of it she wouldn't be able to tell. Naturally the die-hard Metallik fans or those who were just against Supers as a general rule were going to try to rake her over the coals in the tabloids, but as far as mainstream media went, hopefully it wasn't going to go that far. Kali seemed to be acting like it didn't bother her at all as she tried to depart as soon as the grenades made contact, then try to do something cool like declare her intent to continue their "battle" at some other point, and...

A new contact had entered the scene and Alexandria had snapped up her rifle as soon as it made itself known. Whoever they were, she had never seen or heard of them before, and her plan to just swoop in and scoop the initial target of Kali's psychosis was now tossed in the trash. Just at the same time that she had raised her rifle, Mantis's thrusters fired hard to quickly swivel her line of sight in air to behind the initial contact to the new presence - basically pointing straight towards the entity... Until there was a red flash.

"God..." She started to mutter a curse under her breath, but had stopped herself since the flash of red was an identifier for the Deity-Class... Heroes? Individuals? Could you call someone who was Deity-Class a hero under Mortal jurisdictions, or were they just doing whatever they wanted because they could? Or maybe her healthy dose of paranoia was just getting worse from having to jump from scene to scene? Apparently she knew who Alexandria was as far as codenames went and had plans of her own. Namina's quick scan and analysis of the card she flashed had designated her as "Seiva," and whoever the hell that was she wasn't sure. Maybe she heard the name once, but it didn't matter. The woman had designs of her own, apparently already knowing who the initial contact was, and was keen on ensuring that her own plans came to fruition.

Well, Machina was already irritated enough, and she wasn't about to have the basic scene of the FBI muscle in on the Sheriff's case, so that wasn't going to happen if she could help it.

Tacking the rifle back to her chest, Machina let herself glide down to the two - Seiva and her.... Whoever this guy was to her, making sure to have Namina send out alerts of her own requiring containment and clearing of the area before her boots even touched the ground, and began marching her way forward. She wanted answers to a plethora of questions, but she was going to have to stick to the basics for now.

1649713477414.png
"Alright," she called out, then just before the Mantis suit made its way entirely to the two, the back of the suit suddenly blossomed out to allow her to clamber out, this time the full enclosure of her Zero Suit's helmet clamping around her head. The nanites that comprised her helmet had to work overtime to scrub what was left of the gas, but she had to let Namina utilize mantis so it could at least clear the area of enough debris for paramedics to arrive safely. "Though I agree they're not taking a trip to the PD right away, they're sure as hell not leaving my sight until I get answers and the chance to look them over myself.

"I'm also expecting Cthulhu around dinner to make an even bigger ruckus thanks to all that's happened so far today, so we'll just keep it rapid fire," she continued, but at the moment, she wouldn't consider her stance on all this entirely... friendly. Being out of Mantis meant she was taking a bigger risk, basically going from an overarmored tank to a pissed off nerd with too much HEMA practice and a blaster. Machina had her left hand resting on the pommel of her energy blade and the other dangling near the blaster she had tacked onto her hip from Mantis. "First, who's this guy and what's he doing here? Second, who exactly are you that you have a Deity-class license, and more importantly, why the hell didn't you come in to help your acquaintance when they got into trouble instead of waiting for all this to happen? Third, and even more importantly, what happens if we don't follow protocol? 'Cuz I was planning on gassing and scooping your friend her to get him away from the fight before I started doing the other half of my job, but now you're here and that overwrites that plan."

Regardless of what happened next, she knew one answer she wasn't going to accept - that a Deity-class couldn't have just known that their contact was here. While, of course, it was normally unfair to assume that someone didn't know until too late, Deity-class were exceptions to the rule. Sure, she could have been busy, but the fact remained that those who were tied to Deities weren't exactly considered unprotected wherever they went. It was kinda like a superpowered hero keeping an eye on their pet while it roamed the streets twenty-four seven. They had ways of knowing what was happening one way or another as far as she could tell... Or at least the Supers who threw their lot in with the Villains did. Alexandria had to admit to herself that she didn't have any contact with deity-class heroes, but she's dealt with Villain-sided Deities at least once or twice.... And those fuckers were more annoying than the Batman in the comics.

Batman wasn't exactly her favorite, even if they weren't too different in their modus operandi.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni ( Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon due to Kali having been briefly mentioned and in the same area)

Arenike was sweating bullets as she could feel the metaphorical scythe of death press agaisnt her neck. "h-hey! Know whats a fun fact. E-every second you spend here threatening my life is a second you could spend saving your daughter. So why dont we go save your daughter my, very trustworthy and totally not a danger to me at all human ally Who i have made a temporary truce with as a favor to the young child Viona I have taken a liking to!" she said looking back and forth between the masked woman and the terrifying vampire warrior. Balance em, balance em, dont get killed, "So, seeing as you dont know how to drive. What do you say we steal another of the scientists cars and drive there to make sure viona is safe!" she added as she was gesturing to a nearby scientist who was busy reading tox screenings. A scientist by the name of Melissa.

Viona stood confused as the man seemed to be unharmed, repeatedly she shanked her needles in and out of the mans arm. "That uh, usually works." Viona commented as she struggled because of the damn hand pressing agaisnt her hand. "Uhh no, it wasnt natural as far as I know, some scientist jacked up my entire body when I was a baby" She answered still confused as to why the poison wasnt working. Until he asked for employment. "Uhhh, Sorry, but umm pretty sure My mom wouldnt let me become a henchwoman, Dont think that had good pay or insurance either....So uhh, WHy arent you dead yet. Or at least on the ground in need of medical treatment" She asked.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

nadia.jpgSeiva and Nadia
Seiva just giggled at Jax's confusion, her attention turning to Machina instead. "Suit yourself, miss," she said, manifesting clothing onto Jax with another wave of her hand, just casualwear, "Re-entry into the atmosphere's a bitch, huh?"

She grimaced, "Ugh. I don't want to deal with anything eldritch. They give me the heebie-jeebies. Anyway. This is Jax. He's from another dimension wherein there was an apocalypse, so please excuse his panicked behavior. Most of our technology will be unknown to him. As for myself, I am Demon Lord Seiva Kerona Meldain. I was given the red card by your government, but it's not exactly a license. I was told - more like pleaded with - to flash the card to avoid unnecessary collateral damage that could be caused by someone trying to fight me. I would defend myself, after all. I didn't help because I was rather confused myself about what was going on. It's been at least two thousand years since I saw him last. Besides, I would just resurrect him if he died. I'm not letting him go that easily this time."

Seiva sighed, "I don't know your protocol, to be frank. Nadia, dear? Could you help her with the paperwork?"

Nadia, the blonde apparent-human, appeared beside Machina with a stack of papers, "Miss Machina? I have acquired the necessary papers. Might we abscond to an office room to deal with this so that cleanup crews can get started?"

Seiva moved forward and gripped Jax's hand firmly, "Jax, just leave this stuff to me. I've got you."

Djinni Djinni Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

tabby.pngBeast Deployment
"I-I don't think it could kill her too easily!" Tabby tried in vain to make his tone brighter, "She's a god kid. A divine kid. I'm gonna be nearby. It'll be okay." Tabby bit her lip, staring at the tablet, "Well... Um... Gods, I really don't wanna have to shoot you or something. That's torture to look at... Maybe we can get lucky for once? We could just try talking to her first - or you can anyway - and then if she attacks you... well... Yeah. That's what they'd prefer to go with this time... I'm sorry."

The car came to a stop and she let Thomas out, stepping to the side with that pained smile on her face, "Hey it'll be okay." She gave him a light mental hug with her powers while giving him a physical hug, "I'd say stay safe, but you hardly need that." The humvee's driver motioned in the distance to an unnatural set of chaotic spikes in the distance. The girl was in there. The goal was simple: convince her to go back or knock her out to make her go back.

Tabby stayed near the car while everyone else backed out. The driver headed to another car and left with them, leaving the two of them totally alone in the desert.

"I should be able to manage this distance well enough... at least until I can get closer," Tabby mumbled, the anxiety washing over her now that it was time for work.

The child SCP in question was hovering in the center of that mess of spikes, grumbling to herself and occasionally tossing a bubble toward one of her spikes. On contact, it would pop and create an implosion that consumed a chunk of stone. She was doing this over and over like a child tossing things at their bedroom wall.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

The woman that he guessed was responsible for the poison zipped in and started making demands of Seiva, and he scowled at her. He did not like that. He did not like the painful gas she used... but he was distracted by the suit itself before he said anything. Well, Seiva could handle herself anyway. With how she felt at this point... he doubted that this "Machina" character was any threat.

It wasn't all metal, but he could still sense the insides pretty well. He could feel the complicated parts and bits inside, how they interacted; now that he had the time to study it, he almost regretted how much he damaged the suit from the "Kali" person. Closing his eyes, he focused wholly on his metal sense, memorizing the ins and out of the suit as he could in the short time he had. The broad strokes anyway. What especially caught his interest was the rotating bits in the joints. Were those... engines? They looked so little like his own homemade ones. He almost tested their strength before he remembered that Machina had her hands on her weapons in a clearly threatening gesture.

His eyes snapped open at a particular part of the explanation, realizing he missed something important. Wait, demon lord? Two thousand years? Resurrect him? What the fuck?! He managed to not immediately cut in, but he was clearly paying attention now, eyes glued on Seiva. Nadia got a nod of greeting as she appeared, waiting until she gripped his hand, trying to ignore the flutter in his chest as she did so. Not the time. "Yeah, I'm sure you do... but I'm not exactly worried anyway. Seems like most of her tools are metal," he said as he gestured to her sword and gun. "Or at least have important seeming metal parts. Either way... care to explain what exactly happened?" he asked, tone clearly tense. "On my end, I got ambushed by some... portal construct of some kind, and thrown through some empty space. Apparently I can do fire shit now... and I could swear things slowed down at some point during the fight, now that I think about it... but two thousand years?!"

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

jupiter.pngJewel and Jupiter
"Ay don't put holes in my wall, Chrysos!" Jewel shouted, grabbing his wrist with a huff, "Question first shoot after. And you!" Jewel turned around on a dime and gave a swinging kick right to the man's tender bits, "USE THE FUCKIN' DOOR."

Jupiter was still standing stock still staring at everyone like they were crazy. She slowly brought her hands to cover her face, "What the hell did I get myself into...?"

Jewel pointed at the hurt man, "You don't just appear in a woman's home without knocking first! What if I was in the nude? What if I was changing? Don't be a pervert! I don't care if you're a master thief or a goddamned hero. Eternox... aren't you supposed to be in prison? I'M A FUCKIN' HERO YOU HALFWIT FUCK! Don't just tell your name to whoever is in front of you! If I wasn't in this situation I'd be obligated to turn you in! Jupiter!? Don't bother with this idiot, okay? He fucking escapes from prison every other damned day."

"Ican'tbelievemylifehasledtothis...I'mahero.Ahero.Iwentthroughtrainingforthisshit..."

"Aaaand we broke the good girl. Great. Chrysos go get her a cold lemonade from the fridge."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

1650153735139.pngHaunted House
"I don't know what it is past that, it's just a really strong spirit beast. It's self-aware, which is rare," Magnus muttered, following along. He sighed in annoyance when things started kicking off, "Great..."

The creature screeched and backed further into the darkness toward the cliff wall. It screeched, temporarily disrupting the magic in the area with the sonic effect, but still flung every object it could at the two. Even while the objects got smaller, it was still a pain. Magnus floated in past the two by a couple of steps and hovered above their heads, making a bubble of safety so that the shrapnel couldn't reach them, "Yeah yeah I got it. Miss Grave Speaker, I somehow doubt this one will do much talking. All the same, I love a good bit of banter as much as the next guy."

Indeed, it didn't seem like the monster could speak or could even understand them. The lashing wires from Carmen cut against the beast and wrapped around its horn, but instead of slamming it down to the ground by its face, the wires cut through the spirit creature's body like butter. It split like soap bubbles but came back together just as easily, all the angrier for it.

"Oh hey that's interesting," Magnus chuckled. He looked down at the spirit creature in his arms, who was glaring at the beast in turn with vitriol, "I know, huh? You're just here for the free food, and now it's gone and ruined it, huh? I somehow don't think it can beat a poltergeist as old as me at my own game, so it's in quite the pickle. I like you though. You're cute and nice and aren't trying to throw appliances."

Djinni Djinni ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Name: Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina
Name: Namina
AKA: (Situationally) Mantis
1650153961242.png
Seeing as how Dr. Norman was currently dealing with the situation of the two entities and didn't have the physical strength to deal with the damage to the area, Namina was on duty to begin moving debris from the scene so more civilian forces - police, paramedics, and the like, could arrive. Using the Mantis suit by herself was a rare opportunity within the field, and each use was carefully logged into the Mantis's databases to be offloaded into base computers later for observation by her creator. It was an opportunity to analyze the suit and suggest improvements in future updates to the cybersuite as well as the hardware, most importantly, and gave her the ability to directly act in the field, which meant more valuable data on her development as a Virtual Intelligence that Dr. Norman was always interested in.

To anyone else, she made the job look almost annoyingly easy, hefting ruined vehicles and rubble to plant them securely to the side, but that wasn't all she was doing. Having global positioning and satellite imaging at her every beck and call meant she could also keep tabs on everything that happened in the area. Naturally, this also meant that she was keeping tabs on specifically Kali, Jax, and Seiva every half-second as her routines flicked between different video feeds simultaneously. This was something that humans - well, most, could not do on their own. They required teamwork in order to keep security of an area, and at the moment, that security for Dr. Norman was herself.

This also meant that Namina was fully aware that Jax had been watching her quite intensely for the few seconds that Seiva had distracted Alexandria. A few theories flashed through her data stream as she "considered" what it meant. Possibility one was that Jax was unaccustomed to unmanned technology working autonomously and therefore observing out of curiosity. The other possibilities were not so innocent, ranging from trying to find an opportunity to exploit the VI being unmanned to... Well, with reviewing the footage of the prior battle, it was obvious there was more to Jax's abilities than were discovered during their prior observation. Some current theories on Elemental Manipulation, for instance, suggested that some subjects were able to "feel" where their elemental preference was in a finer sense, such as flames underground or in certain rooms in buildings if they were to extend their abilities to around them, or as certain spellcasters were able to "feel" mana. Would the current theory apply to Jax as well? Considering his use of abilities earlier versus Kali while his physical senses were impaired due to the implementation of Kali's flashbangs and Dr. Norman's tear gas, it was possible that Jax was attempting to either discern the Mantis's composition of metals or - in an extreme case, even feel out the different parts.

But that would be extremely fine control of one's ability, which wasn't unheard of, but she had no sufficient data to suggest that it was more possible than attempting to discern composition, curiosity, or a more sinister plan. She would have to "fake" as if she hadn't noticed at all, which was simple if she only kept to her task.

1650154787170.png
Apparently Namina didn't have to worry about it considering Alexandria was already moving to place herself more directly between Jax and the Mantis suit, though she feigned as if she kept her attention directly on Seiva while keeping the movement seeming casual and unintentional. It wasn't hard to tell that Jax was looking the Mantis up and down, and she already made her position clear considering her body language. She had moved just before Jax's attention was snapped back to the situation at hand, it seemed, because suddenly he was very invested in the conversation at hand. To mentally recap, Jax appeared to be a victim of sudden-Isekai-itis, which made the appearance of sudden-Isekai-itis cases skyrocket if they were going specifically by data on the phenomenon. A man out of time from an apocalypse being thrust into what he must think is a technological paradise was obviously something that would shake anyone if they were suddenly approached by strange people holding weird weapons, speaking in an unknown language - until now, and posturing in a threatening manner. To make it worse for the guy, that was right after he clambered out of a hole that he had unintentionally made from low orbit, maybe?

Between herself and Kali, she was feeling like her earlier appraisal of the situation was pretty damn smart for someone who had extremely limited data, and since she was on-scene and she wasn't about to let Kali take control of the situation, obviously she was going to have to act both as coordinator for the situation as well as.... No, no, she wasn't about to act as Liaison to someone that the government had asked to not cause problems by just exi-

"GAH!!!" She suddenly barked, taking a step to the side when the sudden voice of "Nadia" piped up next to her. "Wear a bell next ti- actually, don't. I already had a weird start to my day and that'd just be worse.

"Anyway, putting the question of Jax's sudden glibness and his abilities aside," she continued, gesturing emptily. "If we're doing paperwork, I want everyone but the initial response here - since I don't think she'll be interested - to go over the paperwork and an after-action report filing. We'll use one of my pit-stops for the paperwork, what happened, what it means for the next few days at the least, and get him set up with somewhere to lay his head. Besides, I want to be in comfortable clothes after dealing with a bus-sized house cat and someone turning my tear gas into cyanide."

The last word that she spoke was obviously very pointedly grumbled, but it was done and over with and there was nothing she could do about it.

".... I think we both could use some hot chocolate after today, anyway, and I want hot chocolate."

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Oracle.jpgOracle
Oracle was breathing heavily by the time she was deposited next to the arbiter. She was all smiles though, and laughed, "Woo! That was totally new! I hadn't done that ever before!" Oracle sat up, "I agree. It's not economical to keep it up nonstop right now, so jittering it would be effective. It doesn't cost more to cast or keep it up, it's constant so that should help with that method." She looked up at the woman, "Thanks for catching me. My rings would've saved me, but it wouldn't have been pleasant to fall like that - and I'd probably scare the hell out of any civilians at the bottom."

"That was fun!" Oracle hefted to her feet and brushed herself off, "Kinda hurt though. Definitely gonna leave some welts where I got hit. Got any mana potions by chance? I can keep going without mana easily with my kind of casting but that kinda burns other resources and that's not healthy."

1650228083613.pngBells
"Oh-ho! You're a fast one, aren't you?" Bells giggled, putting a hand on her hip as she watched her run around, "And talkative at that."

"Well, dears, I'm from Hell, and we do things a little differently down there. Adult schoolgirls are a bit of a cliche too, don't you think? The Japanese would go wild if you dressed in one of those uniforms," her voice purred over the words, "And you two are far more attractive than some icky paladin. Don't sell yourselves short." Bells sauntered forward at normal speed, heels clicking against the pavement, and the soft tip of her tail fluttered in front of their faces, bells ringing.

"I think I know some unconventional prayers I could do with you two," she whispered, getting closer until she was next to Mary's ear, voice soft and far too sensual, "Hint. It would involve your legs in the air."

Did Bells want to do anything with these two strangers? Honestly? Not really. But screwing with them was hilarious when one couldn't keep quiet and the other looked like her eyes were gonna pop out of her head. She just couldn't help it! The quips were so cute! She stepped back again, still within arms reach, "LA is such a crazy place, don't you think? You can meet a villain like me on the streets. Though I suppose I'm a bit hard for most people to catch up with. Speedster sisters like us gotta stick together. Other people just don't get it, ya know?"

death2.pngLady Death
"Pestilence is causing some trouble again," the woman bemoaned, standing on a balcony terrace that overlooked most of Los Angeles and the crater. Beside her was the woman she had just teleported in - though not without no warning, she had sent a note a few days prior that she was going to be transported here. This was the reality of a champion. You were a worker. A well-loved worker, but a worker all the same. A worker, a soldier, a member of the family. All with expectations.

"That's not what you're here for, of course. I'm just complaining. We have the champion tournament soon. That's what you're officially here for. There are some problems conveniently in the area as well, though," Death sighed, "So your help would be appreciated if you're willing."

"Do you see the crater? Even now souls avoid the area. It disgusts me what they did," her words were strange considering her delicate and small appearance. Most would mistake her for a child - she was barely five feet tall. "I give you permission to do what you'd like until I call upon you. Be a hero, a villain, whatever. It doesn't make much difference for the tournament. Hero work seems kind of fun," she said, arm resting against the banister and head resting against that hand, the other arm loosely hanging over the edge, "What do you think?"

Tessa

Magical disruption was one of its talents it seemed. Unfortunate, but that was thankfully only one of the tricks in her book. Using the protective bubble to concentrate on casting self-buffs that would improve her thought speed, movement speed, and durability, all while thinking of making a request of Morgan for a protective gel suit with magic conductive material suspended throughout, she plotted.

So it could dispel magic, and it couldn't be cut, so it'd have to be conventionally restrained via a trap. Well, time for a classic trick. The telekinetic knife floated from her sleeve and to her hand, speaking at the same time that the blade lengthened into a short spear. "Hold their attention, if you please. I have a simple spirit trap that will negate its powers and put it to sleep."

As suddenly as she stopped talking, she dashed out of the bubble, moving at mildly superhuman speeds. The spear dragged along the floor, moving in a smooth line. The size of the room made it a swift endeavor, with Reth reaching out to slap out of the air any projectiles sent their way. He was also buffed, so the creature had little chance of hitting the mobile target. It took no time at all to circle the room and wind up back in the bubble. "I'd advise being above that exact level," she said with a glance up to Poltergeist as the blade floated out and began carving more ornate runes, while Reth surged away from her, furious at the attacks. The spirit began to do his best to distract the being, pummeling them around the room in a way that avoided the location of the knife.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Dietrich~
1650231095433.png Reaching out in Morgan's steed, Dietrich stepped forward and took the floating phone. He turned it over in his hands a few times, examining it. Magic was something he was familiar enough with to recognize if he focused, which he didn't sense in this case. After a few more beats of silence, he handed it over to the redheaded woman, deeming it safe enough for her to use again. This Syssel's ability to retrieve information from almost anywhere seemed useful, but they had only just met and Dietrich still had his hackles up around the woman who sprung out of nowhere. Besides, Morgan can do that and more. What was more interesting was her ability to travel through electronics. That was something they could probably use more than the information retrieval; but that depended on not only Syssel's willingness to flirt with danger but also Morgan's designs.

Dietrich had a pretty good idea of how Morgan's thought process worked at this point and could predict her decisions when it came to most situations. But this? This was unexpected, and Morgan was unreadable in these types of scenarios. "And what would your number be Ms. Syssel?" Morgan liked to keep her options open, Dietrich knew that much. While he didn't know what outcome she wanted with this interaction was, he did know that she would want as much information as possible before making any major decisions.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Lexi))

Sorrow

Ah right, monetary funds. You humans are so fond of such an ultimately pointless thing. If you want to beat up the nearest 'gang' for information, we can do that as well. Could certainly be entertaining. At poor Ivory's reaction to the Symbiotes admission to eating all of the Reeces the alien gave a dry chuckle in her head once again. Would you stop scratching at yourself? You're just going to need bandages, and you're not going to remove me like that! A thin white tendril shot out from Ivory's neck to wrap around one of her wrists, holding it away from her skin like a mother preventing a child from scratching their chicken pox. Stop being foolish, we'll get more reeces. It is that simple. Now then, are you going to keep scratching at yourself, or can we do something? This sitting around is very boring.
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Yellow Alert; Crying in the woods

The designated woods broadcasted on the radio were uncomfortably silent, save for a few cops on the scene standing around in somewhat confused fashion as they stared towards the woods. Sure enough, there was a constant and soft crying coming from within, a baby based on the sounds of things. An unmistakable noise, a child wailing for their mother or anyone really, to come to help them and find them. "Did anyone report their child going missing lately?" "Nah, not that I know of. Scanner's been quiet all day." "Oh ain't that just great. Think we should wait on a hero to show up?" As the two officers were speaking between each other one of them took note of Kyu's approach, raising a hand in greeting towards him as he made his way over. "Hello there sir. It's best if you keep back from the tape, this is an ongoing scene. Can we help you?"

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Death's Chill

The two individuals were quite a pair, one simply content to prattle on and on in his show boating voice, the other more of a woman of action it would seem. As the King of the Ring threw one of her own ice shards towards her it quickly spiked downwards to plant itself in the ground. As the lightning came down just as 'Odin' rolled forward, that Greeko door suddenly swung open right in front of her, the lightning flying into the inky blackness of nothing to heaven knows where, only for the door to shut tight once again as the Reaper Knight showcased her unconventional combat tactics. Unfortunately, however, these two had proven just enough of a distraction for her target to escape. And without the young boy present to be absconded with, Melita had no reason to draw this fight out, let alone 'play fair'. Melita flourished her scythe at her side in a smooth and clean motion, speaking in her typical soft voice as she addressed the two of them. "I have no need to entertain either of you. Let the cold embrace of Death welcome you." There was no further warning, no build-up or even a sign of aggression. All at once, the temperature of the room dropped like a lead weight, plummeting at a terminal velocity that could only be described as a 'flash freeze'. The entire room was suddenly coated in a thick layer of permafrost, event he weather anomaly in the room froze over. Time and Space itself simply stopped as the Reaper Knight induced what should, by all means, have been impossible. Absolute zero. There was no more motion between subatomic particles. And with no motion between subatomic particles, quantum mechanics would begin to break down. The world would pass this room by, but here everything would stay, trapped in a single moment of frost and ice...at least until Time or Space said otherwise themselves. And here in this prison of ice would be the two O.A members, forever locked in place, and the Reaper Knight calmly hovering where she had been, gripping her scythe in hand. I apologize for the inconvenience this shall pose unto you, Madam Death. Space and Time will most certainly find this detestable. I am collecting two souls now, for questioning.

Once again, that door swung open to the realm of Purgatory, Melita unhooking the soul-lantern from about her hip and presenting it before itself, something to coax the otherwise troublesome souls she'd be collecting inside for transport to the domain of Death. In her other hand she brandished her scythe, floating towards Odin. Once, twice, three times over did she cleave the frozen statue, and though there was no physical damage to the woman Melita would continue her assault until she could rend her soul from her body, holding the lantern aloft towards her as she did the same towards the King of the Ring, taking advantage of the most likely disorientated states. Though with Time and Space itself frozen in this room alone, there was likely little either could do to prevent the Reaper from collecting either of them for transport.
97f9cc57a9a901e0fd1c97679d8f2c05.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni

The Sewers

What could be said of a sewer, besides the fact it smelled just as awful as the last time he had visited been within the brick and mortar tunnel. The scent of 'waste', the heavy scent of iron from blood, and something distinctly reptilian mingled with the sound of running sewer water and the thrumming sound of something within the darkness nearby, watching with a pair of large reptilian yellow eyes oh so patiently. As the scent of cooking meat mixed with the scent of the sewer, there came the thud...thud...thud of a large creature approaching. Lumbering from the darkness was none other than the very large mutant sewer gator, a maimed and very much dead mountain lion in between its jaws, its maw freshly painted with scratches and claw marks from the creature it had been gnawing on.

Opening it's maw wide, there came the thud of the lion being dropped to the ground, a river of red stemming from a pool that was collecting beneath the corpse. Lumbering towards Raum the creature sniffed the air slowly before laying upon the ground on its belly in the typical lounging position a large reptile would adopt, staring at him patiently. Pleasantly, it seemed, it still remembered his scent, and thus wasn't a threat in the slightest...well, to Raum at the very least.
LostHaven LostHaven

Hannya

The samurai looked out the window of the vehicle towards the large house, listening to Unagi patiently. A hivemind system connecting to insects? Considering the environment of the city as well as the surrounding areas, as well as the sheer size of the area...based off what 42 was saying, this was an individual with eyes everywhere. Which would just be...terribly inconvenient. Stepping out of the car with Unagi she started towards the building, a hand still resting on the hilt of her daito as they moved forward. Attention darted towards the spider who had only an hour or so ago, perhaps less, had been willingly trying to kill Unagi now looking like she was chasing the dragon. "I don't like this," she muttered beneath her breath, standing at Unagi's side at the front door, tapping her fingers against the hilt of her blade. "Every last eye in this area is on us. It's disconcerting."

Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

slc1aunvh4811.jpg
IVORY

Ivory yanks her wrist away from the Symbiote "Says 'n' alien! If dosh wis sae pointless, how come dae ye think oor society needs it sae muckle? Glaikit! 'n' ah will stoap bein' "foolish" whin ye stoap bein' selfish! Ye forgoat, a'm needin' dosh tae buy reece's! Ye ken th' gey thing ye think is boggin' is an' a' th' identical thing wantit tae git ye whit ye lik'! 'n' tis th' main thing a'm needin' tae pat masell thro' schuil 'n' git mah ain dorm tae bide in, otherwise, we'd baith be oan th' streets! Again! Glaikit! Rrgggh! Ah juist wanna rip ye in hauf richt noo! Bit ah cannae!... Sae a'm gonnae tak' it oot oan that naked nutter jimmy! Count yersel' lucky!" Ivory heads back in her room and gets dressed, wearing a pair of jeans, a red shirt with a white slashes painted over it, but keeps her sleepers on before leaving her dorm
"Says and alien! If money was so pointless, why do you think our society needs it so much? Stupid! And I'll stop being "foolish" when you stop being selfish! You forget, I need money to buy Reece's! You know the very thing you think is useless is also the same thing needed to get you what you like! And it's the main thing I need to put myself through school and get my own dorm to live in, otherwise, we'd both be on the streets! Again! Stupid! Rrgggh! I just wanna rip you in half right now! But I can't...! So I'm gonna take it out on that naked weirdo man! Count yourself lucky!"

Spear

Spear gave a demented little laugh at Orpheus's rebuttal. "Well that's okay! Guys your age tend to have a bit of trouble in the bedroom I'd imagine. There's no shame to be had. Though health potions might be a bit expensive. I know this pharmacist with some 'magic pills' that should get the job done perfectly fine, for twenty dollars at that!" As Orphesus's punch landed straight into Spear's gut he lurched upright, feet leaving the ground as the blow was more than enough to send Spear into the air and right over Orpheus's shoulder, slashing the blade this way and that as he was sent flying and forced to endure Orpheus's combo, only to land face-first on the firehouse ground. "Oh don't worry, it's not just the ratings that might bomb!" Reaching into his vest he pulled out a small black sphere, lighting the fuse with a nearby fire and chucking it towards Orpheus's face. Little more than a low-grade 'frag' explosive, it was still a bomb all the same.

Down below on the ground floor, the remaining firefighter had luckily been found by Nexus, screaming out in pain as he used the super-heated metal plate to cauterize the wound. Painfula s it was, it most certainly would prevent him from dying from bleeding out. "Some...fucking madman in a mask. He carved my arm off...he's upstairs." The fireman managed to wheeze out through the pain. As if on queue, the maniacal laugh of a most certainly deranged and unhinged individual could be heard upstairs, followed by an explosion...but Orpheus was probably fine, right?

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

Detective Marshall

Adam stood stock still, listening to the entity calmly with an otherwise stoic and neutral expression, even if he could feel a pang of annoyance at the back of his skull over all of this. "I'm going to stop you right there. The child would be a subpar host at best, she's too young and lacks knowledge or experience. I offer you an exchange. Release the girl, and I will take her place. I know with certainty that my will is superior to her own. Would you truly risk giving your master anything but the choicest selection? Or are you the sort to take 'good enough' for your sovereign?" Adam slowly slipped his revolver into his holster, staring ahead towards whatever entity he was dealing with. If he could just ensure Misty was free to go, he could safely deal with this thing in any fashion he saw fit to do so.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

Natalie opened and shut her mouth slowly, as if trying to formulate words to debate with Mason. As was routine, she honestly couldn't beat the old man in a game of wits and words, considering he was right by all accounts. Natalie slowly shut her trap, arms folded across her chest with a sigh. "Fair enough. I unfortunately still can't argue with you, Father Mason. And no, I don't keep a whiteboard in here. I could probably get one I guess but-" Natalie paused, giving a slight shrug at Masons' questioning of her going on a date. "I struck a deal with someone. They helped me out with something we needed help with to prevent a mass kidnapping in the city, I agreed to give them a practice date. So they can also proudly get to say they're the first date I've ever been on. Life's crazy, and I'm just rolling with the punches right now."

Spinning around at the sound of the knock on the door Natalie gave a soft hum as she made her way towards the door, opening it open calmly and leaning on the doorframe as she did so, flashing her usual confident grin towards Chutes. "Nah, perfect timing Chutes. My mentor just got resurrected out of nowhere, I have a piece of God in my hotel room, and I need a break from it all. One second." She looked over towards the group inside, eyes landing on Darren who was busy laughing. "Two things. Listen to Father Mason, and keep an eye on your sister for me. If I hear you got into some nonsense, or she did, I'm going to dangle you from a flagpole by your hair for the entire evening. Father Mason, feel free to smack either of em upside the head if they get outta line." Looking back towards Chutes she gave a smile, accepting the flowers and box politely, Agas giving a grumbling acknowledgement of 'not bad' at the metaphorical peace offering which Natalie calmly placed on the dresser besides the door, looking over the flowers she had been gifted. "Appreciate it Chutes, you're a right sweet heart. So, what do you have in mind for your date with me?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back