• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
IVORY
c89ddae422050ef22c6a8e3eb3925c0b.jpg

Ivory looks at the screen confusion as she tries rationalizing the reason someone would be streaking in public while ranting about nonsense. "I wouldn't ken. A've ne'er bin. Bit sin this is oor foremaist time seeing yin, ah think tis safe tae say 'Yes. Aye thay are'. Bit how come wid yi'll waant tae tak' care o' that? It doesn't hae anythin' that cuid potentially leid tae mah brothers."
"I wouldn't know. I've never been. But since this is our first time seeing one, I think it's safe to say 'Yes. Yes they are'. But why would you want to take care of that? It doesn't have anything that could potentially lead to my brothers.
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Hannya

The Samurai could only heave a small sigh behind her mempo, the demonic visage staring at Unagi. "Very well. Lead on." Walking out of the hero registration building, she rested her hand on the hilt of her daito blade, tapping her fingers on it thoughtfully. Stepping outside her gaze followed Unagi to the taxi...being driven by a skeleton yokai. Attention drifted swiftly to Unagi who was smiling at her, disgust boiling in her stomach. She nearly dies and suddenly she's sunshine and rainbows. No thoughtful reflection on how to improve, just content about everything. What a disappointment to the homeland. Sliding into the carseat beside Unagi she adjusted herself, swords shifting so she could sit comfortably as she stared at the back of Oboro's driver seat. "I'm sure the skeleton is rather competent, he is not my concern. I am prepared to depart and get to the bottom of this annoyance that's content to spy on me."
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Sorrow

The symbiote gave a dry and sardonic chuckle in 'her' hosts head at her questioning. We have no leads, and I'm bored. That's why I'd want to deal with that. Alternatively, we can go get Reeses cups. I have eaten the last batch we bought, and I would like more. The symbiote was silent for a few moments before 'speaking' again, though it was as always talking directly into Ivory's head. You are still obsessed with finding your brothers, which is understandable. However, why do you never seek to utilize others for this goal? Humans are expendable, but clever. Surely your planets populace would have someone who can assist you? What do your people call them, private eyes? Detectives? Sleuths? So many words for the same individual. It's nonsense.
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

c89ddae422050ef22c6a8e3eb3925c0b.jpg
IVORY

"Cause that wid require dosh. Dosh ah dinnae hae at th' moment...i need tae stairt keekin intae gangs 'n' see if ony o' thaim hae ony connection tae mah fowk. Thay manufacture thair ain weaponry world-wide thro' multiple black merkat faucets. Ah juist need tae fin' yin 'ere 'n' follow th' flow back tae yin o' thaim. If ah kin fin' yin, ah kin fin' th' ithers too." Ivory deduces until her mind is brought back to Sorrow's previous remark about eating all of the Reese's they had "Wait....you ate a' th' Reese's! Ah bought a giant-sized poke juist yesterday! We wur suppose tae split ye grippie sod! Come 'ere! " Ivory begins scratching away at her skin in an attempt to reach the symbiote

James

At Vices encouragement James made his way over to help Sophia up, a hand resting in her hand as if to grab it if she suddenly decided to fall to the ground again, watching with a mixture of confusion and concern as Sophia looked like she was going to drown herself on a glass of water. "Hey, careful, alright? I'm sure you'll pick up on it quick, it should come naturally if that body is more human like Vice says." For the first time today, or rather the first time since Vice had met James, the blonde seemed relatively at peace and ease, a stark difference from the usual irritable and grumbly mood he set for himself. James offered a small smile to Sophia, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll help you get used to it, one step at a time, and I'm sure the others will as well...alright, everyone besides Hignar, probably. Let's...not have you hug Pydir anytime soon though, at least until you develop a pain tolerance. Sato, Vice, and Thyris would be alright though. Or myself, I suppose? Hignar wouldn't because she might do...honestly, I don't know what she'd do, but it's never good."
aph_fantasia__the_summoner_by_mano_chan-d5h9i9z-1.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Detective Marshall

Adam's attention snapped directly towards the sound of the eldritch screeching, the revolver freed from the holster as it was leveled into the darkness of the cave. But rather than unimaginable eldritch horror # 502 rushing towards him, it was a terrified miniature Dunwich Horror that ran straight into him, Adam lowering to a knee to wrap her in a protective hug, patting her on the back. "Alright, relax. I'll take care of it, okay? Misty's gonna be alright, everything's going to be fine. This is Muse, she'll stay here with you." He glanced over towards Muse to give the silent confirmation of 'stay here, I'll be back'. Releasing Dunnie from his grasp he stood upright, checking his weapon before ejecting the cylinder to the side, pulling one of the large rounds free to inspect it, a small star with an eye in the middle carved into the middle engraved onto the bullet. Satisfied with his inspection he slipped it back into the cylinder and snapped it shut. "Stay here, I'll be back."

Giving both girls a nod Adam marched into the cave headfirst, a scowl on his features, the constant weight of the revolver in his hand the only companion he had in this time. Stuffing his phone into his pocket he held a hand up, palm facing the ceiling as he gave a murmured whisper in some foreign tongue, the likes of which would make a normal man's ears hurt as a small, sickly green orb illuminated his progress forward. Rounding a corner of the cave and seeing his only child in an orb of floating ooze, a slow exhale escaped his nose, fingers flexing on the grip of the revolver. "Entity, I seek your name and purpose. What is the game you're playing?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Blessed Death

Carmen gave a nod towards Magnus, releasing her grasp on the small creature as the poltergeist took it from her grasp, eyes on Poltergeist. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to enlighten me what this creature is exactly, outside of a spirit beast? If it's a potential threat, I want to be aware." Following after Tessa to the basement door she adjusted her gloves once again, hands folded behind her back in proper fashion, steps measured and even. Her eyebrow quirked as Tessa suddenly was assaulted by a fridge, only for her 'companion' to save her from being turned into paste. "I see. Well, we found the problem then." Descending the staircase she flexed her wrists gently, her pace measured and lacking a rush. "That won't work," she commented as the beast quite easily seemed to avoid being hogtied, heavy objects such as coolers, another fridge, and a few A.C units being tossed towards Tessa. Carmen flexed her fingers, the monofilament blend in her gloves quickly spooling out by the yard as she swat her right hand across the air in a backhand fashion, the wires so indistinct that almost none could perceive them. For many, all they would see is the heavy objects turned into many much smaller objects and then smaller again, Carmen standing at the bottom of the stairs as she moved her hands as if conducting a grand orchestra, fingers flexing and wrists rolling. "Poltergeist, deal with the small pieces, won't you?"

Carmen's attention landed on the beast, a downward flex of her fingers as a duo of wires lashed through the airs towards the beast, intent to lash it across the face in a grazing hint and possibly blind it if she was lucky. Another wire lashed out in an effort to wrap around the beast's horn and slam its face into the cement floor, the wires surprisingly powerful in their motions despite Carmen's small stature, a mixture of her fine control as well as built up momentum. For now, she'd entertain Tessa's need to play diplomacy. She'd give her...ten minutes? If that failed, she'd do things her way.
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

233b6e8631cc3f20d79688b92f5dce20-png.970120
KYU

An old phone siting on a lone desk in a rundown home continuously rings until someone picks it up "Not. Open. For business!" Kyu hangs up the phone before leaning back in his rolling chair with his feet propped on an old work desk "Been barely open for more than 72 hour and I'm already getting calls...I don't even have a name for this place yet. Well, one that isn't "garbage pile"." Kyu looks among the trash and rubble of his new base of operations "I need to fix the place up sometime soon, but I can't do a whole lot if I'm broke as hell. Hm...What I need to do is get my reputation as a professional going. But how...?" Kyu strokes his chin in thought for a moment, that's when the antenna radio picks up a signal regarding assistance with baby crying in the woods "That's it! I'll do the police's job for them! That way, the more I succeed, the more my credibility as a 'hero' goes up , and I get more business coming my way, which in turn means more money! Hahaha, yes! I N G E N I U S!" Kyu grabs his white-collard shirt and his shades from behind the chair and heads out the door towards the woods.

Morgan Adler

A rather productive little meeting had been wrapped up no more than thirty minutes ago, hosted through a secure line on her laptop. With that said and done, she could go for a shower to prep for a meeting with a pair of intellectuals. With Chrysos, Jewel, and Jupiter working on the O.A problem, she could deal with a different sickness infesting L.A. However, she'd need testimonies and evidence, as always. And while she could easily call Tessa, she was otherwise occupied dealing with an alert, and it was better to let her focus. So she would attempt a relaxed conversation first, and then bother Tessa.

Morgan had just finished her shower, wrapped in naught but a big fluffy white towel that maintained her modesty in full, one leg crossed over the other as she sat on the edge of the bed and ran a brush through her hair, humming softly in thought as she did so. As always, Dietrich was within arms reach if she needed anything, her loyal friend and guard of no concern to her. He saw her much like a father would see their child she had come to realize, thus she had no real concerns about him seeing a shred of her skin. "Ensure you wear your good suit. Not the suit, I highly doubt the Secretary will be of any issue for us even if she does become hostile. Sherm and Avro, while brilliant, are not fighters. I'd like you to look presentable. We'll be asking Avro to testify against her 'sister-in-law'. It will not be easy, you will chime in however you can for this goal. I do not fair well in...social norms." Morgans voice, as ever, was neutral and somewhat monotone, gray eyes focusing on Dietrich for a moment before it moved to her phone at her side on the bed, a little alert informing her firewall had been activated.

Her brows furrowed ever so slightly as she lifted her phone up to investigate the alert. Whatever it was, it had no chance at getting past her systems, the quantum evolutionary matrix program would isolate the threat and terminate it before using it for review and process improvement. However, one of the few things she did not anticipate, was a woman popping out of her phone right into the middle of the room. 'Interesting' was not the apt term for the situation Lexi found herself in, the environment was naught more than a middle-grade hotel room, nothing overly flashy, but not low-grade enough to be bothersome, with a blonde nearby and a woman wrapped in naught but a fluffy white towel, and if not for her feminine features and long hair, one may mistake her for a male given her distinct lack of curves, or the bare minimum of them. Perfectly mundane was an accurate description. "Curious," she remarked, a subtle hand gesture to Dietrich that could easily be mistaken for a slight stretch, though it was a simple non-verbal queue for 'behave'. Morgan glanced at her phone, indeed a red flip phone model that had no right being as severely protected as it was before she snapped it shut, setting it beside her. "You're in a hotel room for the 'Lock and Key' hotel, one of six in the L.A area. May I ask what you were doing in my phone?"
01660c822ffdc7116328ba58a3f95db9.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

lexi.jpgLexi
Lexi glanced at the blond man and then back to the woman in the towel, "Right... Well, to be fair I wasn't in your phone. I was in a connection to your phone. Your defenses blocked me off. I tried to turn around and leave, and they blocked me in. My only option was out, so here I am. I was heading to one of the farmers markets that I like, and I saw a temporary pathway that I didn't recognize. My curiosity got the better of me, and I wondered where it would take me or if it'd be a shortcut or something. It clearly wasn't. It seemed that my presence there was enough to set off the wall, though. You must be super-intelligent like me, or in the employ of/employer of one, at least. I go by Syssel or Sys..." She rather awkwardly offered Morgan a hand to shake, "Again, apologies about that. It's hard to tell where a new route will end up."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

Odin wasn't sure what exactly all reapers could do, but disappearing through a sudden hole was pretty straightforward. Moving led you somewhere. You can't fall into a floor. That door was a portal.

Thankfully, she also knew about the dangers of a reaper's scythe, too. That was a pretty common idea even outside of proper magic circles, dating back to the idea of the skeleton in a dark robe. It wasn't that Odin KNEW that she was going to be attacked... but who else in this room could strike at the reaper wherever she went? No, she was a probable target.

As soon as the reaper fell into the door, Odin tucked into a forward roll. At the same time, lightning struck behind her, towards the reaper. At the same time, it struck behind all of her companions, and the resurrector. They weren't the strongest bolts, but reapers also weren't the toughest opponents in terms of damage they could take. She just needed to slow them down, get a sense for their movement patterns.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Eternox was calmly sitting in a chair reading as he sat in his cel. Before the guard had arrived, the address was one he could guess its location of. LA obviously. Hearing the guard mention the spider he looked up."Miss spider....I see, its time to finally repay my debt, Thank you for this opportunity" He calmly collected the various photos around the cell. Before merely summoning his blade, and slashing the ground. Falling through it, before he dissapeared. The entire prison had not noticed his escape, and by the time they would have, he would have been running across the waters towards the mainland of LA. It took him a while, but he had made it with relative ease. And calmly proceeded to the address, Where he begun his infiltration.

"Still cant get over the fact you basically live in a bunker teach" Chrysos said as he looked around sipping a lemonade. "its... really cool honestly." He had been to jewels house once before during his introduction. But it still amazed him, He was honestly just happy jewels niece and nephews didnt show up. Super kids didnt really know how to control their power. Before chrysos could continue a strange slash appeared on the floor. Before A man garbed in black weilding a sword hopped out. Chrysos immediatly pointed a revolver at him and opened fire, ONly for the man to turn into a blur as the bullet went straight through him. "Please relax, I am here on behalf of a mutual friend" He said with a bow "Eternox at your service, master thief."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

The car had quickly arrived at their location, A dilapidated large house within the wealthy parts of LA. "....thats... strange," Unagi said staring at the house, before putting her fingertips together to make a square, a film of mana filling the square. "Ive.....Woah... Ive only seen stuff like this in a few hivemind undead. its..... Amazing" she said staring at the house, it was glowing in energy, but the house itself was not important, what got her attention was the tens of thousands of strands of energy flowing form the house in every direction, it was like.... A web, or a network, and this house was the end all processing hub. They seemed to stretch out until they got so thin unagi couldnt even see them anymore. All of LA most likely. "Hey Unagi, explain it for non magic nerds" the Harpy said sighing. UNagi looked down in embarrassment from nerding out. "its uhhh. a powerful hive mind im guessing, consider every bug that we've felt watching us. The Queen is in that house, her mind linked to them all. It's amazing honestly." Unagi said getting out and looking around, even just in the front yard she shivered as she felt the gaze of thousands on her. All, watching her with.....excitement? "l-let's head in" unagi said shaking the shiver away, and Approaching the door. The doll spider had a weird dumb smile on her face as she looked around, her steps light and with no weight as if she was intoxicated.

Name: Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

1649056983112.png
That was silly. Of course it wasn't a TV set - he had basically forced Kali out of her suit, and they had moved into Melee range, but he seemed to be doing really well for a temporarily blind and deaf man. From the CCTV footage that Namina had tapped into to this display, at least part of his power set was made clear: He was a nightmare against Tech heroes who used metal. From what seemed like sensing it to being able to manipulate it, the kid(?) was obviously a Metalbender, and just about everything she had was made of metal.... But fortunately, she wasn't just some mindless idiot with a big metal suit and fancy guns. She had a power of its own, though it didn't manifest it in an obvious way during combat.

She was a smart bitch, and smart bitches do smart things like think before they act.

The obvious thing most would do is to rush in and either join one side or the other, or they would attempt to disengage both of them from the fight. The question was how to disengage both of them since neither of them had the full story behind each other's actions... The first thought was for her to just pelt them both with shock rounds from her rifle like she had done with the cat before, but the beanbags of her rifle had trace amounts of metal that the new face could pick up, and that wasn't going to help with disabling both of them for at least a moment or two. What about dropping ordinance between the two of them? If she was careful and had Namina check her work, she could time it right, but the scene was all but fully evacuated finally. She couldn't just drop in and try to physically put herself between the two of them, either: Kali was a nutcase, and she wasn't about to test her own reflexes after having already dealt with the cat and that weird-ass shop - shit, she'd have to get a hold of Glass later to see where they dropped that girl off to check on her status.

Grenades? Kali had already used a flashbang, and the ones she had wouldn't go off until they made contact with something. The metalbender would just find a way to avoid it if possible, so she needed something in her kit that wouldn't be avoidable once it went off... What worked for her was the fact that the metalbender didn't seem to be able to tell she was there, or if he did, he paid her no mind.

"Gas nade," She muttered to herself. "Teargas should be fine."

For most, the mental banter would have taken them at least a few seconds to get through. There had to be links to different conclusions before they'd be able to settle on a plan of attack. For her, things like calculating timing and settling on a battle plan didn't take more than half a second, which was a useful little byproduct of her own power of super intellect. She could do all the calculations and risk assessment for her plans with the same top speed that Velocity could sprint at - or maybe even faster... She'd have to test it. For now, though, she had a plan, and she was going to put her plan to the test.

Machina's left hand rapped upon the left thigh of Mantis, which forced the compartment open revealing a plethora of different pieces of equipment. What she reached for without looking were two long, metal cylinders that were just wide enough to fit between the fingers of her suit's gauntlets, but just barely. Transferring the two grenades to her right hand, Machina pulled the pins to both of them and started counting down from five...

Four...

Three.... Two....

Just before she had finished mentally saying the word one, Machina wound back in mid-air, aimed, and with all the power the synth muscle could provide, launched the two teargas grenades with the speed of a bullet, the gas ripping from the canister's spouts the second they had left her fingertips. From the speed, strength, and the aim of her throw, the contents of the grenade wouldn't have been emptied enough to make it a negligible effect before they'd slam into the concrete only two feet behind both the metalbender and Kali, and with the direction of the crosswind within the street, she knew for a fact that the gas would end up enveloping both of them if they didn't have the reflexes or speed to get out of the cloud in time, which would threaten to quickly close in on the both of them within no more than a second of time.

If they weren't able to avoid the effect of the grenades, both of them would tell that one wouldn't be able to call these just "civilian" or police grade teargas grenades. These were something she developed specifically to combat the villains that had a high level of durability and resistance to pain. Even her own air scrubbers inside Mantis's suit had to work overtime just to make sure she wouldn't feel the full effects of the grenades if she was in the original blast, and against civilians or mundane military combatants, the concentrated formula would be enough to nearly call it a war crime, but she was up against a psycho and an unknown entity who obviously had power.

She'd have to time the next part of her plan down to the millisecond, though... If she could at least snatch up the Metalbender, she'd be able to get away from Kali and at least get something close to an answer, but she couldn't go just yet...

No, Alexandria knew that following the Grenades would have been the obvious - and riskier - choice... She'd have to wait until they were nearly puking from the effect of the grenade if her aim was true enough to catch them both in the blast, otherwise all of this was going to fail.

"At least the newscasters can spin this to make a killing."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Djinni Djinni

Orpheus

Orpheus stabbed his blade into the ground and calmly looked at the clown. The crackling fire, the victims and the chaos. None of it truly mattered, it was just a show for an unwilling audience called the new and civilians. He was insane, Orpheus could determine that much, he had met quite a few like him. They needed to be purged without prejudice, even if killing them is exactly what they wanted, end it, give them no more opportunities to cause harm, redemption and second chances are for those who will actually value them, But these people? They Were lucky to even be called people, feeling the low whirring as ceruleum pumped through the arm he had just punched the clown with. Hearing the clowns provocations he simply sighed, the easiest way to control psychos like this is to play their game, Ignore it and they may harm civilians as a punishment. "If you must know, it's quite the opposite, I usually need a health potion or a healer to help me even walk after most nights with her. It's quite a hassle." He said as a layer of frost clung to his arms. Waiting for the clowns announcement to finish he expected the charge and delivered a straight hook to the clowns gut feeling the pressure against his own, still weaker then his wife's punches.... He'd have to train harder when he gets back to San Diego then. Looking up at the clown he nimbly craned his neck sideways to avoid the knife. "A word from me, get better material. Or your ratings will bomb." He said calmly as a whirring began in his fist Pushing it forward further against the clowns chest caused a small ceruleum explosion that knocked the clown and orpheus away in opposite directions. A burn mark appearing on Orpheus stomach. Standing back up his dusted himself off and got right back into his fighting stance. Waiting for the clowns approach again.

Stricken Steel Stricken Steel ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Dietrich~
1649105657310.png Morgan wasted no time after their teleconference to prepare for yet another meeting. Sighing, he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. The quiet of the room accompanied by the gentle sound of the water from the showerhead was comforting. If Morgan wasn't so efficient, Dietrich would've fallen asleep with enough time. Sadly, the redheaded woman was done quickly and already discussing their next meeting. The blond stifled a yawn as he stood up, already moving towards the closet with a suit in mind. Plucking the stripped suit off of the rack he turned just in time to witness Morgan's phone crackle with energy before a woman materialized from out of it.

Tossing the suit somewhere unimportant, Dietrich was milliseconds from attacking the woman when Morgan flashed him a signal. He resisted the urge to scoff in disbelief. Seriously? Maybe it was just him. Times have changed after all and with Morgan's machines and inventions she was much safer than an inexperienced boy during a World War. Still, old habits died hard and his mistrust of unexpected guests was something one didn't get rid of overnight. Even if they appeared to be seemingly harmless.

Morgan, a woman who seemed unruffled in almost any situation, calmly questioned their new guest. Even with nothing but a towel, the young prodigy exuded the air of authority. It seemed like even the stranger could tell as she offered her hand out to Morgan to shake. This time though, Dietrich did scoff. "You're telling us that you're here because you got lost on the way to the Farmer's Market?" His eyes flickered over to Morgan to gauge her reaction. You can't seriously be believing this right? It was such a mundane excuse for such a critical situation that it was ridiculous. It was something out of a comedy show, but in real life it reeked of a spy. Morgan was too careful, too cautious, if anyone had found a trail or opening to her it was either by Morgan's own design or someone who was dangerously good at what they do. There was no way that someone accidentally stumbled upon them because they took the wrong turn to the fucking Farmer's Market.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Lexi))

Morgan Adler

Grey eyes examined 'Lexi' carefully, Morgans's mind racing through possibilities, contingencies, problems, and their solutions as she spoke. Gray eyes focused solely on Lexi, though she was acutely aware of her blonde guardian to the side, tightly wound like a spring. At but a simple command, he'd either pin the girl or kill her. However, for now, no need to jump to such things. Acting too quickly, and with hostility, could very well mean they'd be known or have to leave the hotel. She had no idea how far this woman's 'reach' was to enter an electrical device, so for all she knew she could confine herself to the nearest A.C unit. There was no concern she could gain any knowledge from any of her own equipment if she were to jump into it as well, after all. Even if she was lying about the security being too severe, she would have quickly found it indeed impossible to traverse. No...she'd play things out for now.

Morgan glanced at the hand offered to her, pointedly ignoring it as she reached to the front of her bath towel, fixing it snugly about herself. Once that was done she folded her hands atop her upper leg that rested upon the other. "Your curiosity is for naught, I'm afraid. And flawed, I should think. If you were going to a farmers market, why not take the reliable paths you knew? You put yourself at needless risk with such an unprompted endeavor, it's nonsensical." She glanced over to Dietrich at his input, giving a slight nod to him, ever so slightly approving. Unfortunately, Dietrich was the 'personable' of the two, and his mood was already soured. Hopefully, he'd warm-up, or at least fake it for her. She'd quickly get annoyed trying to measure her words to be less...blunt. Gray eyes shifted once again to Lexi, a hard gaze that wasn't cruel or even means. In fact, Morgans' expression was completely neutral, but those eyes seemed to bore deep into one's very self and weigh them on gilded scales. When she spoke, her voice was soft and neutral as ever, somewhat pleasant on the ears despite being somewhat 'monotone'. "Syssel? How do you do, then. My own skillset, or my employers if there be one, is mine to know." Morgan avoided using 'Nice to meet you' or its cousins, because she'd say it if she meant it, otherwise she'd be polite and informal as always. She also pointedly refused to offer her name...after all, Syssel hadn't outright asked for it.

"Tell me then, if I may ask, Miss Syssel. What prompted you to take an unfamiliar route? Sheer curiosity? Such a dangerous thing, curiosity unchecked. Or were you seeking a shortcut? If it is that, I have none to offer you. If you're seeking directions to the Famers Market, however, that I can provide, I would request you leave promptly upon getting your directions. Whatever the case would be, I am in no state to host visitors at the moment. Furthermore, make it a point to not enter the route you took to enter the line to my phone again, if you would. I value my privacy, as you may have gathered."
01660c822ffdc7116328ba58a3f95db9.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Kali tilted her head confused at the sudden grab "Oh?" she commented tilting her head, until her insticts screamed and she tried to kick away but it was too late. Eletricity jolted through her body causing sparks to fly from her suit. "AAAAAAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA" She laughed as she was tossed to the ground, her body limp as it flew threw the air, but mere feet from the ground her eyes shot open and she quickly used her arms to launch herself sideways skipping across the ground before rolling into a stand. "Electricity too! How fun, Like a miniature Elementa!" She cracked her knuckles ready for the next clash, Her hip was very damaged from that punch. He has quite some strength, but she was just using her Electromag arms to help her stand. Until, the buzzkill showed up, The light in her eyes slowly faded back into the dull blue as she saw the canisters hit the ground. Calmly covering her mouth she walked back to the crater that was her suit. Her eyes burned, but even blurry she just needed to remember where she crashed it. Until she saw the man use flames, ohhh how fun. Hes not a smart one, either that or hes from a lower tech area, Poison flood the area as he burned the gas, Kali coughed up a fit as she laughed. "I wonder if Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong. would have worked, Sherm always did like those shows" she gave a bored chuckle as her coughing got more severe and she entered her damaged suit. "Tristan Industries we have a cyanide gas problem at my location, I recommend medical staff immediately, sending message to authorities as well." SHe rolled her eyes as she spoke in a worried and kind voice before ending the message. "We Shall meet again, And next time there will be no interruptions." She said throwing a sword in his direction. A memento to say the battle is not over. And calmly she began to help civilians still stuck in range of the gas away. A nice little media boost.

Djinni Djinni Osuka Osuka

Bojax Varuja

This absolute psychopath was having real fun here. She'd had her hip at least fucked up, her suit severely damaged, electrocuted... and she could not be having a better time. Though he supposed it was a bit hypocritical to judge... he was having a good time too.

She barely dodged out of the way of an elbow drop intended for her sternum or collarbone. Her movements changed after that as a couple of canister devices entered his senses. It seemed like it may be akin to the first grenade, and he wasn't going to fall for that again. Grasping it from a distance, he crushed them both... but it didn't seem to make a difference. They were already prepared. The toxin that spilled out burned like... some chemical weapon? He rarely faced them, but he recognized them well. Well, hot air moved upwards, so... time to try out something new. Focusing on the sensation he felt in the void as best he could, flames burst around him.

His theory was sound, but what he didn't know was a simple but dangerous thing: tear gas became cyanide when ignited. The burning got much worse even as it was lifted away, and his throat closed tightly.

Damn. Okay. Mistakes were made here, clearly, but it seemed like the woman he was fighting was just as affected as he was. Well, perhaps not AS affected... he did have super senses, and boy were they informing him of the problem. He was in absolute agony. But he wasn't going to be put out of commission, not even by... whatever this was.

That was the hope anyway. By the time he began to pull himself up and away after catching the blade lobbed his way with his metal arm, though, his tone was changing as he started to black out and fall.

Fuck. Was he dying...?

Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
lexi.jpgLexi
Lexi let a calm laugh chuckle out of her lips, her hand rubbing the back of her head. She glanced to Deitrich, then back to her, "Well. Yeah. I did in fact get a little lost. It wasn't like I was in a rush, so I saw no problem in looking into something new. The farmers' market could wait. It isn't often I find a device I can't get into... heck, even governmental stuff is usually really easy for me to bypass."

"Er... not that I do anything illegal. Definitely. Not eeeeever," she grinned, seemingly unphased by the fact she didn't take her hand. The woman seemed like an interesting one. She even had a bodyguard - the man was very obviously not a lover or something. He acted like a subordinate. Lexi got the distinct sense she didn't work above the board, either. "Without risk, one never has a chance to grow, miss. Your system seems better than the typical government sort. Usually, I can just go wherever I'd like. So I'd say my curiosity is not so much unchecked, but veteran. I was seeking a shortcut, mostly."

Lexi lifted her hand up in front of her midsection with her palm toward the ceiling and floated the flip phone to her, easily controlling the device in this manner, "Here, the least I can do for you is make sure I didn't mess anything up with your phone. Just as well, I value my privacy too. That's why I give the name Syssel instead of my real name to people. I haven't gotten trapped like that before, so I wanna make sure the forced exit didn't mess something up or burn a port or something. I doubt it did, but I'd feel like such an ass if I didn't check. Hell, I even showed up with you in a bath towel."

No doubt she wasn't allowed to see the phone, given how Morgan was, but she didn't miss a beat, "Let me give you my number so you can reach me. I can do a job for you as an apology. I don't really have a... card... though. I kinda work under the table, if you know what I mean. I can retrieve or erase information for you from pretty much wherever - not including your own devices, apparently."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

girl bubbles.jpgSomewhere in Nevada...
ALERT. BREACH DETECTED. EVACUATE PROMPTLY. DO NOT ENGAGE.

"The base reported a breach," Tabby mused, looking at her tablet as the alert scrolled across the top, "It's an SCP facility, and they're bringing out the big guns. I'm sorry that means you, Thomas." They were already driving that direction. She gave an apologetic smile to the man, "But hey, at least the last few days have been better with the... you know... meetings and whatever." She tried to be vague in case anyone was listening, but she was talking about him getting to see his kid.

"And it's far off from LA, so no one should be in danger!" Tabby was really trying to cheer him up, not that it ever worked. She brought up a picture of the SCP in question and grimaced, hesitantly showing it to Thomas, "Ah... this is apparently our target. She's a kid. It says the location got her into their custody after her powers proved too dangerous to keep around the public... um... Apparently, this event is happening because she is throwing a tantrum. Attempts at calming her down haven't worked. So the location has determined she needs at least knocked out so she can be bound and returned to containment."

"Her powers are creation-based," Tabby huffed, scrolling, clearly annoyed on Thomas's behalf, "She's very strong. There's some question about her possibly being a young deity. Powers that be have been keen on the opportunity to experiment since deities are often tight-knit and protective about their kids. It says they're tracking her and she's currently in the desert. There are no buildings around to worry about destroying."

mistymarshall.pngEldritch Mess
Muse nodded rapidly like a pecking bird at Adam's demand and squeezed Dunnie more firmly, trying her very best not to be weirded out at the strangeness of the girl's skin. Inside the cave, it wasn't hard for Adam to wander through and find his child in the gelatinous sphere. It took a moment as the ooze seemed to consider its response.

"We ssseek the girl. Shhhe will become a great leader... and shhhe may have the best chanccce to houssse our lord...," the voice of the ooze echoed through the cave, loud enough the girls at the front might be able to hear an unpleasant hint of it, "Shhhe is ssstrong of will... more than ssstrong... bessst for a hossst."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

oa res.pngResurrector
No. Do not kill an innocent one. They are likely the problem, however. Make sure to gather him up after you deal with the others.

The other three took the note from the King of the Ring and dipped out of there. The man whose knees had been slashed and then patched up teleported the three of them out of that location. They reappeared in a pocket space with a large number of other people milling about. All had OA insignia on. The vampire wheezed out a scared sigh and rested his hands on his knees, "Fucking hell. That's a messy situation. You two tell the higher-ups what's going on. I'll take Austen and get him to do a few more resurrections. We need to move up the schedule."

The two agreed and Austen looked completely defeated and depressed. Now he was just going to be doing the same thing all over again. It would've been nice if he could've just died at least!

The vamp dragged him along by the arm roughly, "Look kid, we need at least a few more rezzes out of you before some stupid reaper snatches you up. Sorry, but you gotta be wrung dry for the better tomorrow."

"I don't want to be part of the better tomorrow, I just want to go home!"

Djinni Djinni Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Chutes.jpgNat's Pad
"She basically is a child at the moment, is she not?" he defended, giving a soft smile, "Adon needs comfort right now. She got scared earlier as was mentioned, and she has been very confused. It sounds as though something terrible has happened to her. It is best to treat the situation at hand as we can see it, I think. Thinking too hard on it will only drive us mad."

He nodded to her assessment, considering things, "There's too much to focus on at once. We need a whiteboard. Do you have a whiteboard here, Natalie? Let's make a checklist and start getting things done. Though... a date? Really? That's an odd thought, though it feels normal compared with everything else going on at the moment."

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door.

Chutes, who was standing there with his tail wagging nervously, flowers in one hand and a box in the other, gave an excited nervous look at Natalie before looking past her and looking even more nervous and concerned at the sight of Adon. His ears drooped ever so slightly, "Hi Nat... Um, is this a bad time...? I got flowers for you and the soul of a sinner for Agas..."

Darren, in the back at the table, laughed into his hands with incredulity.

sean.jpgSean
Sean was whacked on the teleport when he tried to get away from the feigned blow, he didn't even have time to get his hands up to block. He coughed and sputtered, knocked down from the blow. Sean grit his teeth and teleported away again to get distance so he couldn't be hit again. The tendrils on the ground faded out of existence again. He didn't know what to do now. What was the next step here? Teleporting around wasn't working. He was too quick and the motions were too trained. Sean's every move was anticipated.

He grimaced and stayed sitting on the ground, making the air around him hot enough to scorch the ground and set things on fire if it touched the shimmery air around him. He gave a dry laugh, "I'm stumped. I don't know what more to do but this. I could do bigger moves but I'd get buried just as much as my opponent so that's useless. You're too fast. You can predict my movements easily. I can't do any temporal stuff to you. I guess I could teleport you away if I could catch you in a portal? But that'd only be useful for running away or something." The material on his feet and hands crumbled away into nothingness, and the heat did the same.

"I don't know what to do. I'm not a fighter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back