• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1609533090170.pngThe Protest
"Cool," Elementa muttered, nabbing the paper and stuffing it in her pocket, "I understand not wanting to give out your personal number. I'd suggest getting a work phone for those sorts of purposes though. It makes things a lot easier... plus you can harass a villain if you get their number. It's funny. Personally, I think it can really spice up your day if you're bored. You sound like you're probably a student though, so lord knows you probably have no time. I wouldn't have been able to do hero work while doing school stuff. Or at least your voice sounds young enough to be around that age that you're still in school. I've thought about trying to take a class or two, but... eh. I'd probably have to take it online or whatever. I feel like going in person would be too distracting for other students... which is a shame."

She huffed out a sigh and moved on to the next building, "I'd totally take some classes in science and... maybe economics? I dunno. I'm curious about a bunch of stuff - a lot of my friends have some sort of PhD and are crazy smart. I'd love to just learn enough to keep up with them in conversation a bit, you know?" Elementa tapped her ear again, speaking now to Axiom, "People are going to be fearful of power and things they don't understand. These are growing pains. Try to bare with it and look forward to a better tomorrow. They want equality and safety, for the most part. Their goals and ideals might be misplaced, but we don't know why they're scared. They may have gotten hurt before."

Her attention turned to both of them at once as she connected Velocity to the radio call, "Police right there. Give the perp over and we should be alright for a while. Velocity, can you do a quick sweep around the crowd and see if there's anyone else that look like they were friends of that person? People are pack animals. They rarely act alone."
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

dunnie eldritch.pngDunnie
Dunnie was hyperventilating a little, even when Leona patted her head and said such nice words. There wasn't a squelch. In fact, her "hair" was actually rather soft. More like touching a waterbed that had a plush blanket draped over it. Tiny wisps broke off and clung to the woman's hand, and Dunnie folded her arms in front of herself in a tight hug, still staring at Abhoth. Even more, now that he was speaking in that fashion. He was terrifying. Through all of that, though, the thought that M&M would probably try to hug the man brought a smile to her lips. M&M had such a weird, almost nonexistent fear response. It would be such a problem someday, but... right now she was really jealous of the other young girl. It was too bad she couldn't come with...

Nyarlathotep too... this day was just terrible. She winced at the screech. She didn't want to catch his interest. She didn't want to be a plaything. She didn't want to end up under his thumb. Damn it she needed to stop breathing so fast.

"I... I can cause a distraction," she whispered, stepping away from Adam. Her voice was so unsure and raspy, the "eldritch" qualities showing through more in the slight echo and deeper rasp. The more she was scared or nervous or emotional, the more difficult it was to be human. Her hair quivered along with the lines of purple across her skin. At the least, she wanted to be useful. "Their focus will be on me if I walk back in... and they might even think I caused the problem with the field...," she explained, heaving a sigh before she forced a smile onto her face, "Just make sure not to leave me there, ok?"

Dunnie huffed and forced herself to walk out and along the path to the building, though she very much wanted to do anything but. These people were her only family, but they were cruel and deranged. They were all she knew, but she didn't like how they made her feel. She wanted to consume them... it'd be so easy, just a rip, a tearing sound, and they'd be gone. One by one. If they tried to hurt her now... that's what she'd do. She wouldn't let herself get chained up again.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven

spitfire.jpgSpitfire
Darren puffed his cheeks at her look in turn. He was protective right now, damn it. She'd kill his sister if she had to, so... it was kind of an understandable concern. Still, he trusted Natalie. He hadn't known her long, but she had already been better to him than his family. But no. Tracy wouldn't run off... He'd sooner knock her out himself than let her do something so stupid. Today was turning out to be such a headache, and who knew what the hell this new girl was all about. It sounded way outside his pay grade. So, after his idea was turned down, he shrugged. Agas not being out, fine. It made little difference to him. Granted, as far as Agas went, he had only had the unicorn of experiences so far with her, so he didn't really have a good grasp of how absolutely awful she could be.

Spitfire pouted, her lower lip jutting out no more than half an inch in concern as her brow crinkled into a little furrow. She considered her offer, really thought about it, and then gave a tiny little nod.

"Ok... so... are little bits of sin okay then?" she asked, voice soft and unsure. She had had no guidance whatsoever, no helping hand... so, like a duckling, she looked at Natalie with curiosity and an eagerness to learn how to exist better. Natalie's sins didn't look too bad - not that she had a good metric to go off of yet, but she didn't smell icky. Lots of lies, fighting, and stuff. Why was she supposed to not trust her older sister, though? "I can't ignore something I can see, but I don't want to burn you either. You sound like good people... and if there's a certain amount of sin that's okay for people to have, then I guess it's okay. Can you teach me where that line is please?"

For now, though... she wanted to talk about stuff.

Spitfire wandered over to a pew on the opposite side of the church from Darren and anyone else and sat down with her hands in her lap. She rematerialized generic clothing, though her flames still lapped around the edges like an eager dog. She toyed with her fingers, less like someone would do when they're nervous, and more like someone who had never really taken a good look at their hands.

"I think you're a good person... and my sister chose you so you must be okay to trust," she started, her big greenish eyes moving from her hands to meet Natalie's look, "There was nothing. I didn't exist before, so there wouldn't be anything to tell you from before whenever I was made. When I was made, though, I remember seeing my father. He looked like you humans, or like angels, but a little different. He wasn't so... defined? I don't think male or female would fit him very well. We call him he to fit the idea of a human, I guess? I think he's beautiful. He's so warm and safe, like... it felt like I was made in a bubble of warm and safe." She closed her eyes and smiled thinking about it, trying her best to explain, "It's like he can work in an instant, but that instant is your whole world. I would never forget it. I can only imagine how it felt for my siblings... I was probably some sort of rushed job, as I said. For them, that instant must have felt even longer! He's brilliant. I think it's so amazing he can be so safe and kind-feeling, even when he felt like he was in pain or something. I wonder if that's how he always feels. Maybe he works too hard."

She opened her eyes again to look at Natalie, smiling softly still, "I can't say how he actually feels, since I can't really ask him personally, but behind him creating me... it felt... Electric. Unsafe. Metallic. Sinful. You had questions you wanted to ask me, didn't you? I'm sorry I rambled."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Tactician

He watched silently as his daughter dropped down into the lobby, repositioning the skylight so that nothing was amiss, pulling the line back up right beforehand. Taking up a position to watch her, he took note of the fact she simply disappeared from his field of vision. There was no panic or concern, no lob of anxiety that a normal father may have felt in such a situation. He felt comfortable in this situation. Even if Kite was all nerves, he wasn't. Petty theft was easy for her, she could pull this off with almost no problem. She returned after a few moments, only to scramble into a hiding place as someone moved by. Once that was done he lowered the line to let her back up, before closing up the skylight and putting it back into place. "Very nicely done. I knew you could do this, Kite." Taking the jewelry box and pills he studied them, an eyebrow-raising behind his mask. "Someone had pills? I thought heroes were the ones who said 'don't do drugs kids'. The irony is so thick I could cut through it. Come on, follow me, match my footsteps."

Making their way through the maze of invisible sensors and to the edge of the building he got them both down, stowing the grapple on himself before sneaking around with Kite to rendezvous with Jewel. "Here's your items. Kite found a jewelry box and some illicit drugs. I suppose one way to keep it off the streets is to keep it in your house. We entered through the skylight. Your security grids rooftop sensors have a small area of workroom to prevent birds from setting them off. They operate like invisible disks, walk through the maze, and your fine. They overlap, and the system fritzes out and the rooftop is on constant alert. If you find a way to fix that, you could probably make some decent money with that fix. I suppose you plan on upping difficulty now?"
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sherm was very confused. First his sister showed up. And now Avro was acting strange. "You okay Avro? Maybe we should take you to a doctor in a bit." He asked. He was worried for avro. Who knows how dieimg could affevt someones mental health.... Sherm didnt know much about magic. He didnt really touch the stuff. He was on bad terms with the so called magic Council. So he would probably have to find someone else. "Oh im sure shes fine Brother. Probably has lots of pent up energy. Shes missed a while. Probably wants to catch up. Be a dear avro. Make him sleep in a bed. I dont remember the last time hes stopped working unless that secretary of his forced him to. " Kali chimed. Truly. This was such a lovely chess board if words. Kali almost wanted to have a real smile. It was such a shame little old sherm had to be left in the dark.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Abhoth Dominik & Leona WagnerAbandoned Hospital | "I'm sure Nyarlathotep never had to deal with this..." "Oh shut your whining."
"Ah, the Crawling Chaos. Long time no see, Nyarla," Abhoth merely mused as he watched the black pool spread across the ground. The horrible shrieking did little to faze the Outer God - could he even hear them? The same couldn't be said for Leona, though. The moment the shrieking began, she immediately cusped her hands over her ears, in a futile attempt to block out the sound.

"Holy shit that sounded awful, what help did you call in, man?" Leona groaned as the sound finally subsided. "If you need a distraction, I say we throw Abhoth at them. If they want their God so much, we'll give them one."

"Absolutely not," her suggestion was immediately shot down by Abhoth. "I will have nothing to do with those unintelligent masses of flesh."

"And you're not going anywhere near the hostages. You traumatized the unhinged fuckers who summoned you, god knows what you'll do to a bunch of innocent people, we're here to screw the cult, not give them a hand."
As Outer God and sacrifice began to quarrel with each other, both failed to notice Dunnie walking off toward the hospital, offering herself as the 'distraction'. Leona only realized when the little eldritch spawn had almost reached the hospital, after which Leona cursed to herself as she leaned over and grabbed Abhoth by the ankle. "Fuck this, you're going whether you like it or not, she better be fine by the end of this, or I'm drinking kerosene in place of water for a whole week," Leona snapped before she flung Abhoth at the hospital's direction.

Abhoth landed head-first a few meters beside Dunnie, the impact causing Abhoth's form to shatter, grey fleshy ooze splattering all over the place. "Well, I appear to be on babysitting duty. Good to meet you, Daughter of the Gate. I am the Source of Uncleanliness, Abhoth, though I currently wear the guise of 'Lord Dominik Wagner'," Abhoth said to Dunnie, even though he was but a mashed puddle of flesh at the current moment. "Give me but a moment to recollect myself, if you'd please," he added, whilst the scattered droplets of ooze all began to crawl toward the largest puddle of flesh laying at where Abhoth had initially fell.

"There, the kid'll be fine, I think, and that monster from a shitty hentai's gone. Two birds with one stone, let's go bust out the captives," Leona huffed as she wiped off the residue, grey slime on her hands. "This'll be much easier with that pain in the ass gone. He's absolutely useless, I tell you."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mia.pngMia
"Maybe I should ask dad if he can try to make that instinct stronger?" Mia pondered, considering the thought, "Fight or flight sounds useful. I haven't really been in a threatening situation though, so I don't know how well-calibrated that is. Maybe we should test that somehow. Hmmm." She snacked on her food, enjoying the complex tastes of such a simple meal. She loved her tastebuds. They were the best.

"I did do a search on them, yeah. They didn't have much on them though. I figured that maybe they'd be like... a researcher or something, but not even that. They have next to nothing. Definitely not as much as I would have expected," she explained, popping the straw into the juice-box, "At first I didn't think anything about how much stuff she had on her. It was only after she was talking to dad that I thought something was up. No one that smart has no history to them. So I would guess that she was hiding something. She probably wanted to meet dad. Nobody just wants to be my friend to be my friend..."

She sighed, "Her name was Addison. If you wanna, I can give you her number, sis. You can look into her yourself. I hope she's an okay person... dad needs more friends... so do I."

Velocity

Harass a villain if she got their number? That just seemed rude as hell. She was all for quips and being a general pain in the neck, but that felt like it was pushing a line. She wasn't exactly a fan at how good Elementa was at guessing her life story, but she supposed with being the number one hero it was to be expected, right? "I feel like you can do whatever you set your mind too, that's the golden rule. If you want to take classes, take classes. Who knows, you might end up learning a thing or two in the process. Be a real shame if you took a class and were told things you already knew, huh?" Velocity took a seat at the edge of the building, legs dangling off the edge and precariously close to slipping off.

She perked up at the newest set of orders from Elementa, keying into her comm system. "On it, doing a run by!" Putting her hands firmly behind her she did a sitting leap backward before rushing down the side of the building, running around the crowd at a wide berth to prevent the natural gust of wind from disturbing any of them. There was a small group of people where the original guy was, generally looking 'sketchy'. Nothing she could see out in the open, but they looked nervous. Rushing up the building that Elementa had taken a stop on she nodded, pointing down towards the target group. "Down there, near where the guy with the knife was originally. There's a small group who look a bit...I dunno, sketchy feels like a bad term but it works. They look nervous as well, but they're not showing any direct weapons. Should probably keep an eye on them though. I don't know how many times I can sway a crowd of people who already dislike us."
adam-isailovic-d2.png

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

He cast a somewhat concerned glance towards Dunnie at her proclamation he could cause a distraction, but he said nothing. Weighing their choices, she was right. They'd no doubt take interest in her, and she could play it off as her doing it. He'd be getting her out though, that much was certain. He gave a firm nod, lighting yet another cigarette, making it his third in the last five minutes. "I promise, I'll get you out. I got you kid." He glanced at Leona, giving a small shrug. "Better if you don't know the answer to that question." Watching Leona toss Abhoth off gave Adam a satisfied smile as he pulled on the cigarette, turning it to ash in one smooth go and blowing a large puff of smoke. Stomping the butt out he gave a nod and a motion of 'follow me' starting to creep towards the vents. "We have to move quickly, I have no idea how long Aboth can keep from them from dragging that poor kid off, or if he'll even bother to try to stop them." Coming to a halt at the vent he paused to get it loose with a little work on the screws, silently moving it aside. Reaching into his duster he pulled free a revolver that looked like it was more designed for hunting bears than shooting people. "I'll take point, shut the vent behind us." Crawling inside he made his way forward, undaunted by the idea he was heading face-first into enemy territory.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten LostHaven LostHaven

Natalie Brenton

Natalie gave a little nod to her question. "It's pretty much impossible not to sin, we're humans. I'll do my best to help you, but maybe I'm not the best person to help with that. It'll get real confusion real soon, so just bear with me." Standing upright she followed the girl to a pew that was out of the way, taking a seat beside her. Watching her put on some clothes she leaned back, arms resting behind her on the pew in a very un-church-like fashion. Agas seemed to greatly relax as Spitfire described God himself, until there was the metaphorical record scratch, Natalie's eyes going wide. "Did she just say that he was in pain?" "You heard that too?" "OF COURSE I DID!" "That's what I was afraid , LET GO OF MY HAIR! STOP BITING-BITCH I WILL END YOU!" Her mind had turned into a literal war ground as Agas did everything in her power to rip control from Natalie, and if she hadn't been prepared for it she'd have been down for the counter.

Blood ran from Natalie's eyes in tear fashion, earning a pained noise from her throat. "Hey, Darren, could you get a napkin ready for me, please?... Or a bucket, I think I might throw up." She turned her attention back to Spitfire, giving a slow shuddering sigh. There was so much pain coursing through her right now, it made earlier feel like a light pinprick. "What do you mean it felt sinful behind him? And sweetie...God doesn't heart. The Father isn't supposed to hurt, especially when he's creating things. Somethings wrong. Please, can you tell me anything more about that feeling? ANything at all?" Her cheeks bulged a bit as bile forced itself into her throat, an uncomfortable shiver running through her body as she swallowed it down. God that was disgusting. "Darren, I really need that bucket" she groaned out. Usually she could fight Agas. But right now, Agas was practically on rage steroids. "I AM GOING TO LEVEL THIS CITY, AND HOWEVER MANY IT TAKES, TO FIND HIM!"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jade and Ariah

Ariah chimed in, reaching out to give her little sister a pat on the back. "No need. It's there, I know it is. You just have to focus on it more often. When it's needed most, I know it'll kick in. You're too smart not to have common sense." Jade settled into a seat on the other end of Mia, pulling her legs up so that they were crossed in front of her. "That's a bit weird. Give us her number and we'll look into it. Don't want anyone taking advantage of you or your father." She took a sip of her water, Ariah drumming her fingers on her leg. "That's plenty suspicious. Message me over her number, we'll both do some digging around. In the meantime, don't get too close to her okay? I know you need friends, but you have to be safe about these things."

Jade piped up, pulling her ballcap off her head to adjust her hair, the mess of red falling over her shoulders as she worked putting it into a bun. "Hey, I'm your friend aren't I? And I don't ask anything for it in exchange. I'm just happy to be able to hang out with you. Mia, if it makes you feel better, you probably have more friends than I do." "You also hate people, Jade." "Beside the point. It's not how many friends you have, it's the quality of that friendship. I have you two as my friends. Sherm Tristan is also alright, he's one of the few organics I don't outright get annoyed by." "I'm sorry, organics?" "Yea. You're inorganic, but you're people too.
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png
fb42ce4fa357cdf80266c29aa75088f8.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Corvus

"I do believe the term comes from the fact the founders were five brothers. It really is quite good, though I do suggest one doesn't indulge too heavily in such food. It will certainly have ill effects on the body in the long run if that is your only meal. I am obligated to inform you that my methods of eating are a bit strange, you'll have to excuse me when we reach that stage." The plague doctor dutifully led the way, the gentle tap of her cane on the ground as she walked. A river of water ran from the brim of her hat, leaving a trail behind her. "Humanity is indeed a strange lot, but we have equal parts good to our bad, one must simply look for it. There are hovercars as far as I know, just not commercially available. I do not keep up with the technology of the times, I'm afraid."

The duo arrived at the burger joint, the good doctor opening the door for her and letting her in before following along. "Order whatever you may desire, I will cover the expenses all the same."
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Father Anderson.jpgSpitfire and poor Natalie
Spitfire looked freaked out at the bleeding Natalie was suddenly doing, and absolutely froze in horror. She was such a nice lady, and she didn't want to see her get hurt. Darren rushed off to grab a bucket and more napkins, scrambling off his seat and to the other side of the room. Spitfire brushed the tears off her cheeks and cupped her face with a look of such concern and care, it was honestly kind of funny how different she seemed right now from Agas.

"I'm not gonna say anything more until my sister stops hurting you. You've not done anything wrong that she has to punish you for, so hurting you is wrong. Are... are you gonna be okay?" she said, the fire licking around her skin warm, but not harmful as she didn't want it to be.

Agas probably would argue more, as Agas usually did, and as was honestly understandable in this situation, but Father Anderson came storming back in with purpose. Darren came back in at about the same time with the aforementioned bucket and napkins. There was no one else in the church right now, though there would be soon given the time. His voice was firm, authoritative, "Agas you will stop harassing Natalie - NOW. Archangel Michael is on his way over as we speak. He was on the news, as you might have seen, so he's still in the area. Lucky us, that means he'd like to get on this immediately and personally. This is my church, and we have been over this before. You will behave yourself while on these grounds. The little one is practically a child and very confused. We can talk more in my office as we wait for him to arrive. We will not take information at face value without first confirming what it is she means."

Spitfire looked surprised at Father Anderson's sudden appearance and firmness. He seemed so soft at first.

"Do not make me force the matter, Agas. It will be your fault if things are slowed down because of your incessant fighting, and everyone involved would be disappointed because of it, especially if something truly is the matter," he said, glaring at Natalie, though the glare was obviously intended for the wrathful being inside, "If something is the matter, then we need to be effective. Leveling cities or whatever you want to do is NOT more effective. This is serious, so act like it, or you will be treated as you act. Now follow me. Darren, since you have your sister to worry about, take her to the infirmary, and come find us when you're ready. There is no rush for you."

He moved off with the same purpose as before, as though he hadn't just told off Agas, and Spitfire, somewhat in awe, looked to Natalie before she scurried off after the older man.

Epherial and Grune.

Epherial went back to sweeping after that whole demon debacle. But winced some, dropping the broom. "Damnit" he muttered as he held his knee. He still felt awful after that fight. Even with healing magic. As he picked the broom up he was stopped by a large suit of armor. Grune, his bro. They had chatted a lot in the free time theyve had over the years. And they were the best of friends. "Epherial. Sit down. I will handle the sweeping." Grune ordered. Epherial sighing. "Yeah yeah bro.... Fine....still. Teach me how your so good at cleaning..." Epherial joked limping a bit before sitting in a corner booth. Grune silently began sweeping. Even in their suit of armor. The customers had stopped question it long ago. And just accepted it. Despite the heavy armor and chainmail, Grune barely made a noise in their armor. Just another day at the Devils Tale Bakery.

Dantalion.pngDantalion
The little black bird flew off without another word, feeling altogether worse and better in the same beat. Her father was doing well. He wasn’t dead. That was the best she could ask for, but... that sour feeling in her stomach didn’t feel any better for it. She actually wanted to kill that little child. How amusing. But no, her existence was probably a good sign. It meant he cared a little, at least found the girl entertaining. She flew out until she found Oriax and landed on his shoulder in a flutter of feathers.

She was quiet for a moment before she spoke up, her red eye peering into the side of his face, “My father says he’ll have your heart in stew if you don’t get your sword back by next time he meets us...” Dantalion huffed a strange sigh, odd to hear from a bird.

“I won’t leave you, Oriax. I won’t be like him and leave you. I promise.”

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
Opal.jpgOpal
A beautiful, dark-haired vampiric woman was the next person to grace the little cafe with her presence. She had a confident air about her, and her trenchcoat/dress combination only served to heighten that effect. She sauntered up to the counter, the only customer in the place at the moment, it seemed, and lifted her cane to tap the little bell with the intricate golden head. She had seen the two, the one sweeping and the other the target of her visit here, but had gone to the counter instead of to either of them. After she tapped, she turned to face the two.

"Such a pleasant day, don't you think? The rain, no sun to hurt my eyes, and a wonderful little bakery to visit. I adore this place I've found you in, Epherial, my sweet little quick treat. It was a shame you hadn't given me your address before - it was such trouble to look for you. Such a pain...," she said with an accompanying sigh, "And you've gotten hurt, too... No matter. I'm here now. Could I please trouble one of you for a cup of coffee? And do you have any blood creamer?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Oriax
Some Back Alley | "Stupid f*cking - I'll show you, you **** ****** ******."

Oriax was pissed. Royally pissed. In fact, royally was far from enough to describe Oriax's foul mood and the sour aftertaste of a shitty reunion lingering in his mouth. "I should've socked him so hard his shitty bird-skull caved in," the demon let out a low grumble as he booted an aluminium can across the street as hard as his strength allowed. It flew far into the air, and somewhere in the distance, Oriax heard an angry yelp as the can landed bullseye on a stranger's head. That elicited a slight grin of amusement before that hastily reverted back to a frown.

He couldn't quite put a finger on his deep displeasure. Was it the fact that the shitty crow seemed completely fine? Probably. The fact that the brainless bird didn't show a hint of desire for repaying Belial? That was certainly a factor. The fact that the worthless fuck didn't even have the decency of saying something nice to his kid, that he literally left for dead? That was to be expected, to be honest, if one were to take into account the fact that the bastard was enough of a bitch to ignore his wife for literally centuries on end, even before his entire territory went up in flames, but it still pissed Oriax off. It took him a while of pondering before he came to the conclusion that everything about the shitty, lying piece of shit bird pissed him off, from his cocky, know-it-all attitude to the fact that he can't even beat an infant in a fistfight.

By the time Oriax had snapped out of his stupor, he found himself in some alley that he didn't recognize. Again. "Wow, I must have an affinity with shifty alleyways or something," he mused to himself. When Dantalion would finally locate Oriax, she would find him amusing himself with a stray cat he had kidnapped. At the sight of the approaching crow, the stray bit Oriax in the already-cut finger, before it ran off full-speed. "Shit," Oriax cursed, dropping the stray cat. "Oi come back here you [REDACTED], I'll [REDACTED] you in right the [REDACTED] you literal [REDACTED] son of a [REDACTED] you think I won't find you skin your ass and [REDACTED]?!" Oriax began yelling obscenities at the fleeing animal, so foul and vulgar that it could not be written in text, lest a certain 'HellsHaven' be banned from a certain online forum.

He finally ceased his yelling, letting out a long and exhausted sigh before he turned his head and settled his gaze upon the bird that landed on his shoulder. As much of a complete moron Oriax was, it wouldn't have taken a prodigy to deduce the identity of the small crow. "So, how'd it go? Pretty shit, if I'd have to guess? Despite knowing so much, he doesn't understand shit about people," Oriax said, "and if you hadn't noticed yet, you've got a pretty spooky look in your eyes like you're gonna murder a kid and their immediate family. The dragon he picked up, right? By the way, if you really want it dead, I miiiiiiiiight be able to make it happen, but you look like the type who'd lose sleep over it afterward so I won't. If it makes you feel any better, just think of it as a pet, I guess." Oriax proceeded to roll his eyes at the threat of having his heart served in stew. "Fine. Zael'teph won't be hard to find, we can go get him back from the guy I sold it to, by force, I'm broke as shit, or, if somebody already bought it, it'll be even easier. It'll probably leave a trail of carnage, I'll go wrench it off its wielder's cold, unmoving hands once Zael'teph's done toying with the poor guy's body. And, anyways, if experience says anything, 'next he meets us' is gonna be a looooooooooooong ways away."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Epherial gulped as he heard that calm voice. "H-hey Opal..... I didnt know you were in town." He said a bit nervous. Opal could be described as his on and off again girlfriend. "I think we last met in France was it? Nice place right? " He said trying to distract from his bandaged self. He looked to Grune and Shard for help. Shard simply preparing the coffee while showing the various blood creamers he had in stock. Knowing he had no chance in hell or heaven getting help from shard he turned to grune. Grune simply stood there before turning to opal. "Epherial is still in pain from his previous fight. He pushed himself a bit hard to end it quickly. So I ask as his friend not to drag him around too much." Grune calmly said from beneath their armor. Epherial just sighing. That was help... But not the type he was expecting."Epherial. Dont expect help from others to deal with your relationship. Handle this like a proper thrall." Shard said dissapointed in him

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mia.pngMia
"Sweet. And of course you're my friend, Jade!" Mia chimed, smiling at her, "I need like... more friends, though! I don't have more friends than you. I have like... you... and... maybe some people who I half call friends who work for my dad? But people are usually way more interested in what I am than who I am. And I mean, I'm amazing, but I sometimes want to talk about other stuff too." She reached over and pulled at Jade so she turned her back to her, and went to work tying her hair into a neat braid.

"Besides... I count you as a friend, but what if when I'm older I want you to be more than a friend, silly? You're like the only person I think I could stand having that sort of relationship with," she said, casually, as though she hadn't said something weird, "Unless Ariah wants you instead. Though, I did hear about something where people have multiple partners. It's called a threesome. Do you guys know anything about that? Maybe that's an option when I'm a bit older."

death1.pngLady Death
As Wildcard walked out of the shop, there was a beautiful young woman waiting for him. She was draped in a purple, lacy dress that flared out at the bottom into more pretty layers of different shades of purple and black. The rain fell around her, but none of it seemed to touch her. She had a demure smile touching the corners of her mouth, and given the area, seemed completely out of place. She looked far too gentle and proper to be seen around an illegal establishment.

"Oh what a surprise, handsome man. Fancy meeting you here. I'm flattered to hear you defend me so," she called out, voice patient, wise, and with a depth that should be impossible for one so young in appearance. Her eyes danced down him, to his new toy, then back up to meet his face with a smile, "You got a fun new toy... Mm... I know this isn't usual for me, but would you be willing to accept a job? I could pay you and all that. I should have some human money stashed away somewhere. You're my favorite little merc, after all."

Thyris breathed in. Before her eyes flashed. Large waves colliding inti the side of the ship. Causing the entire ship to shake and cream and it began to lean to one side. The only thing keeping it from capsising being thyris holding it up with water. "You think I care about the lives of a few hundred mortals?. I would just as soon sink this vessel to the seafloor and turn it into a new home for my denizens, as I would see it leave. Feel lucky the only thing keeping me from that so far is the amount of effort redecorating your pathetic vessel would take. " Thyris voice boomed from the water cyclone. Sure it was a bluff. But name the amount of people that would call a giant fucking sea monsters bluff. Not many. Now lets see how they act.

"Master. It says they offer free pizza on the promenade deck" Sophia said reading a pamphlet on the cruise while completely unaffected by the ship being tilted at a 45° degree angle. Simply raising her hand. Teleporting herself and James to the promenade. Slowly dissapearing and reaapering with more and more people in the promenade. Until she had all the civilians in the promenade and second layer od te promenade.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
dunnie eldritch.pngCult
Dunnie just about jumped out of her skin when Abhoth landed beside her, which would have been an awful sight to see, for sure. What would she look like out of her skin? She shook her head. Nope. Doesn't matter. Not gonna happen. Her focus flickered between the splattered god and the abandoned hospital, "Aren't you a bad choice for a babysitter?" He was the last person, the last choice, she wanted with her for this... ugh.

She waited for him to reform, folding her arms in front of herself in a light self-hug, "Abhoth... Nice to... um... meet you, I guess. I want to be human, not a monster like the rest of you. As a monster, as I am now, I can hurt people really easily. Humans are squishy and fragile. Existing can hurt the ones with more fragile minds. You know that, though. What do you suggest I do, instead? How am I supposed to be a monster and a human at the same time? These cultists have been my only family, and they clearly don't know anything. I ran from them. They're cruel. They worship gods like you."

Once he was collected again, she moved on to the building. The cultists didn't even stop her. They were so happy she was back, so fascinated by Abhoth as well. They grabbed her in that eager way, grasped her arms, and chatted loudly about how wonderful her "present" was that she brought back. They grabbed at him as well, trying to pull him off to offer him food from their kitchen and probably the utensils too.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven

Abhoth
'Abandoned' Hospital | "All these foul-tasting humans..."

At this point in time, Abhoth had begun to filter out that sharp scent of terror in the air. He found little rationality in the terror directed toward him from the young spawn, but that was but one of the millions of things he found perplexing in humans, or, in this case, part-human...(?) It took a moment, but the scattered pools of ooze had finally crawled back together and recollected itself into one mass, which began to twist itself into a long coil, before stretching and elongating into a long, worm-like shape. Finally, its form solidified, becoming a long, sickly grey worm-like creature with a huge, gaping maw on one end, rings of teeth-like protrusions lining its insides. Ignoring the obvious body-signs of the overwhelming fear Dunnie held in regards to Abhoth, the 'worm' wrapped around Dunnie's legs, crawling up her body before coiling once around her neck and remained here, resting on her shoulders.

"If these are what truly runs through your mind, then you are far from the 'God' these humans seek to create. Rather, you stand as a reminder of their astounding failure - far too human, with much more improvement left to be desired. If you are their 'greatest achievement', no term in any language, even of those of the far reaches of the Outer Worlds can describe my dismay." Though Abhoth was an adequate listener, an Outer God was certainly a poor choice to seek comfort from, and most definitely a bad target to garner sympathy from. "Your wish to become 'human' is childish at best, and utterly moronic at worst. Of all decisions, you choose to be akin to ants scattered amongst the cosmos? I cannot comprehend, you really are closely-linked with those uninteresting lumps of flesh." Abhoth's rather unflattering comments gradually ceased as Dunnie approached the hospital, slowly easing to complete silence.

To Abhoth's (mild) astonishment, however, there would be no entailing fight. Rather, these unhinged fools were more than elated to have their little herald of chaos and pandemonium returned, and they seemed rather curious about his presence as well. Nothing was out of expectations, but it did bring Abhoth mild irritation at the Cultists' attempts of pulling him off the shoulder of the kid he was meant to 'babysit', and nonchalantly calling him a 'present'. At the very least, that indicated that the cultists were unaware that the 'present' that they were attempting to feed like some pet they picked off of the street was, as a matter of fact, the father of all miscreation.

"What now, child?" the voice of 'Dominik Wagner' would once again intrude into Dunnie's head, invading her thoughts. "If you so wish, I can massacre every last member of your 'family' present."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

AXIOM

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.png
"Forgive me if I sound rude...And melodramatic, Elementa... But I'd rather not crush my soul under the weight of the cruel illusion that is a "bright" tomorrow..." It's funny he saying this. More often times than not, he's been told to look forward to such days. And he and many others waited...And the days that came weren't worth the wait. The idea was inspiring but when it's all you have hope in and tomorrow after tomorrow, the clouds grow darker...You wind up more hurt than you should have for hoping for a day that might never come.It'll be a long ways away. They'll probably never see it in their lifetimes. But it's the single most pressing thought that keeps everyone going, even if it holds them back at the same time. No one will ever truly share the same vision, atleast to Axiom, not share the same path to achieve it. Then a song begins to play in his head. The familiar song that gives him hope and despair at the same time. The lyrics to his favorite song to this very day:
------------
Sunny days, everybody loves them
Tell me baby, can you stand the rain?
Storms will come, this we know for sure
(This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain?

------------
Axiom begins to unclench his fist and steadies his breathing, though the memories still peck at his sense of justice, they begin to slowly subside "Then again...Who wants to be stuck on yesterday? Right?" Axiom chuckles
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
seiva.jpgSeiva
For a while, there was no sound from deeper within the tunnels. Seiva had left with that man, and simply hadn't yet returned. She was eager for a fight, and luckily for her, this man seemed actually fit to give her one. Unlike the poor kid that had gotten trounced earlier, he was a competent opponent. The only sign of a fight that made its way back to her companion was the rising dust from within the length of the tunnel's walls. A moment of silence passed, followed by Seiva tumbling back out towards Azroch in dramatic fashion, followed by a trail of smoke and debris.

She righted herself and slowed her movement with a crouch and a hand against the dirt of the carved out floor. She had a massive grin on her face and a slight cut on her shoulder. It was barely a grazing blow, but it showed that the enemy was significantly powerful to hit what humans would call a god/goddess. She stood slowly, looking up at her friend, "Oh, it's worth it, Azzy. It's worth it. These idiots must have tapped into some dark shit to get this strong. I love it. I can definitely beat him, but if we toy with him enough maybe more will show up? Your choice."

The man in question was walking back this direction with a bladed whip being juggled in one hand. He called out to the two of them, "We really could just work together, you know. It's such a waste of potential for you two to be fighting me. Fighting us!"

"Oh shut up, will you?! What we want is a fight, not stupid words and platitudes. I know you have stronger people among your ranks. Let's tease them out, shall we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back