• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Detective Marshall

"A saving grace for sure. If only I didn't have to see what you really looked like 24/7. Ah well, I knew what I was signing up for with Daoloth. And no, I'd request you don't go handing out 'blessings', that's how these cults happen. I'll be there soon." As the call came to a conclusion he shoved the phone into his pocket, heading into his office to grab a Crux Ansata...which just looked like a very nice Ankh. Walking back out he stowed it deep into his pocket, not wanting Dunnie to get particularly close to the talisman. Not that it'd do anything unless he desired it to, the sentiment was there. "We'll be back Sylvia, we may be a bit." Leaving the house with Dunnie he unlocked the car, climbing into it and starting it up. Once she was inside and situated they took off down the street at a reasonable speed. "Dunnie, nothing's going to go wrong, I promise. I'm not letting you get stuck back in there, just stay close to me, okay?"

As they neared the destination Adam's phone rung again, his hand reaching to grab it and turn it on. "Go for Marshall," he started, but he barely managed to get out that bit before Leona started off. This kid really needed to learn some restraint, or she was going to get killed. Not that she was going to live forever anyways, unless he could strike an agreement with Abhoth not to eat the girl. He felt he could do it, given time. What did he offer an eternally hungry entity of corruption....maybe it liked five-star restaurants? "I'm three minutes out, we'll arrive around the same time. I do have a plan. I'm going to do a little look around, and rip through the tapestry of time like it's paper mache. Look backwards for any back entrances they've used and their usual path, and then look forward to see which way is less likely to get us killed. As much as I don't want to doubt your skill, you of all people should know better than to underestimate a cult." He glanced at Dunnie and gave a small nod, attention turning back to the road. "Abhoth come with you, or is he in his office pretending to read reports again?"
image0.jpg
13-classic-recreations-gt500cr-purple.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten LostHaven LostHaven

Abhoth Dominik & Leona WagnerAbandoned Hospital | "Goddammit, shotgun shells don't go in a handgun, OR your mouth!"

There was a short pause from Leona's end - seems as though the sacrifice had picked up a few habits from her Outer God, namely habitually forgetting about the existence of the concept of time. Thankfully, Leona was still mortal and was hence well aware of how much time she had spent silent. "Ok, Marshall," she finally muttered, "I have almost zero idea what you just said. The only part I heard was not getting us killed, but that's about it. I'm not interested in all the tentacle monster mag- )^@!(#*()(&()#%!" Leona's voice was cut mid-sentence by a loud screeching from Leona's side as she made a sharp turn, the tyres struggling to maintain enough friction to keep to the road and not slide right off. "And yeah, Abhoth's in the front seat - Abhoth what the fuck- ok, he's shoving shotgun shells in his mouth like M&Ms- Wait Abhoth why the fuck did you bring shotgun shells that's a fucking handgun OH MY FUCKING GOD-" Leona's voice was cut short by a horrible crunching, presumably from the Outer God eating something that by all means wasn't made for consumption.

"Fuck me, he just chewed off half the handgun... I may never sleep again," she uttered. Despite the clown fiesta in the car involving an Outer God, Abhoth and his snack somehow managed to arrive with their lives, Abhoth being the first to step out of the vehicle whilst shoving the remnants of his handgun into his mouth, followed closely behind by a rather sickly-looking Leona, who had just witnessed something a human should never lay eyes upon. Or it might just be the car sickness finally catching up. "Fuck, I changed my mind, you're driving next time so you can't eat a fucking gun," Leona grumbled. Too naive, unfortunately. She assumed Abhoth would be unable to eat whilst driving as both his arms would be occupied. He had as many arms as he needed.

"You humans and your fickle whims," Abhoth replied with a disappointed tone. "First and foremost, shall we do some reconnaissance?" Abhoth stated as he reached for his neck, fingers digging into his flesh and tearing off a sizeable chunk of himself. Then, he held the mass in his hands, which shifted into the shape of a detached eyeball with a single wing. Despite all logic dictating that a one-winged creature should not be able to fly, the thing took off from Abhoth's palm without effort and flew toward the hospital "There, let us hope it manages to make it back. Now where is that detective?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

"Point is, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. You're not the only one who knows what goes bump in the night, after all." A small sigh escaped him as he learned the lunacy going on in the other car, shaking his head like a disappointed father. "If that's the worst thing you see this week, I'm actually quite happy for you." As the call came to an end with limited input from the detectives side, his own vehicle came to a halt about a minute after their own did. Adam stepped out of the car, waited for Dunnie to do the same, and then locked it up. Lighting a cigarette and taking a slow drag from it he looked at the hospital, hands buried in his trench coat pockets. He glanced over at Abhoth, the guise he was wearing quickly stripped away for Adam as he saw what was really beneath that human facade. God, he was nasty. Attention went back to the hospital as he took another slow drag, eyes glowing an ethereal blue after but a second. "Dunnie, you stick close to me during this, alright? What can you tell us while I take a look?"
image0.jpg
13-classic-recreations-gt500cr-purple.png

Jade and Ariah

"Dad wouldn't have to have bodyguards around you if you weren't so trusting you know! I love you to death, but some shady dude could invite you into the dark alley to look at puppies and you'd be all for it! Also yea, on it" she called from the kitchen. Jade followed Mia into the living room, taking a seat on the arm of the couch and crossing a leg in her lap. "I'm sorry, but you realize I don't actually get to do 'tons of fun stuff'? If you think you've got it bad, at least your dad lets you leave with help. I can't even leave of my own volition or y'know...I'd die. Ariah-" "Ariah has to play babysitter to a CEO who attempts to seduce her at any given opportunity. That's my job description," she called back out from the kitchen, which earned an eye roll from Jade.

Jade hung onto every word Mia said, clearly entertained. Jade didn't get to leave her penthouse at all, so whenever there was news of anything new or interesting going on outside, it was as good as television or radio to her. "Sounds like you had an interesting day then. Anyone who can keep up with your father sounds like a real treat, even I had difficulty doing that. And I literally talk to technology. Some could say I sleep with it-" "Jade, I'll lace your water if you go where I think you're going." Jade blew a huff, shaking her head. "Ariah is such a stick in the mud. Alright, be honest with me. On a scale of one to ten, with one barely sticking with your fathers discussion and ten matching him pace for pace, how'd this girl do?"
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png
fb42ce4fa357cdf80266c29aa75088f8.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Azroch

"I find myself quite fun, yes. Though as you said, I'm sure there's a lengthy list outside of that Firstborn who'd like to turn your spine into a belt. Which, admittedly, would be a good look for anyone. Not your spine, any spine would do," he commented off handily. Following Seiva into the tunnel he glanced around, the dark little problem for demonic sight. Stopping short behind Seiva as she made their presence known he leaned against the wall, hands behind his back, much like a businessman observing two colleagues talk through a dispute. "Do let me know if this is worth our time when you're done, Seiva."
DSk4H7BVwAAcA-8

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina
Location: A coffee shop, looks like, or maybe a death trap. Could deeeeefinitely be a deathtrap.

"You're...." She started, looking at him with a furrowed brow. "You're seriously bringing that thing? I don't even think it's gonna fit through the door, Xiard."

For some reason, she was more impressed that he was able to fit the damn bar of iron anywhere that wasn't a wide-open space considering even in-game players had to either unequip, handle, or maneuver through doors in weird ways when it came to Greatswords the size of Xiard's, but then again, there was something about a well-dressed individual wielding something that was at least as large as their own freaking bodies. If he was a woman, she'd have to check her jaw every once in a while to see if she drooled or if it hung even the slightest bit, but thankfully she was a Lesbian and she could actually appreciate the fit of the suit and the look when - somehow, the sword brought it all together. So...

"Eh, hell with it," she said with a wave of her hand. "The suit looks good with the sword and shades, and though I can't promise the Nanite suit will protect you from everything perfectly, it'll act as a better buffer than most concealed personal defense suits.

"We're here to meet someone who was able to get my personal information and get through my cybersecurity," She continued with a click of her tongue. "I don't know how the fuck they managed it, but it's either a stalker, a trap, or both. So go in relaxed, but be ready to clear the area of civilians and throw hands so the only person who gets hurt is the one we're meeting."

In all fairness, anyone who had been contacted the way she was, given her history, was going to be paranoid, and while it wasn't odd for her to be packing in public, she didn't usually go with the options she had at her disposal. Usually, Mantis wasn't in-orbit and prepped to drop, her base wasn't in lockdown, and her heaviest armaments weren't always at her beck and call, but even then, she wasn't entirely sure of what she could handle. She wasn't used to going in fully blind. Even the Pier incident wasn't to her liking given the information that was called out over the scanner, and she was still dwelling on just that.

No. She had to clear her head, and after giving herself a moment to tidy her suit, she was ready.

Alexandria's stride was quick, a clicking clip as her heels clacked against the concrete, back straight and head up - exuding the confidence of professional standards that Norman Industries demanded of their only organic worker - herself, and after swinging open the door to the cafe (obviously holding it so Xiard - her partner in this situation - could get through) she made her way to the entrance proper and looked around.

It didn't take her long, considering there only seemed to be one person waiting for company. Everyone else seemed to be doing their own thing with their own company, save the two that were sitting further off. If her "chat buddy" was trying to give the impression they were waiting for someone, they sure as hell weren't being inconspicuous about it. So she'd try.

Again, her stride was quick as she made her way to the table and slid in, giving Xiard the side towards the main floor - a tactical decision on her end, then meshed her fingers with her elbows on the table as she looked to the woman.

"You rang?" She asked, her voice even, head shifting to look the woman in the eye.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Natalie Brenton

Natalie finally found the ability to straighten up despite Agas still being on maximum volume, rubbing the back of her head. Christ in heaven, what the hell sort of situation was this today? "Well, I have to ask questions. I don't know what you know and what you don't, spitfire." The name choice was easy for Natalie, with her love for nicknames. Jupiter was known as 'Fives', a young spirit of vengeance in this small body? Spitfire. Boom, easy. She didn't even backpedal as the young girl ignited into a somewhat bluer shade of agas' green fire, an eyebrow raised and a grin painted on her features. "Huh, sort of matches Agas," she commented even as Agas continued to rage around in her head with questions unending.

Taking a seat on the edge of a pew as Father Anderson made his way off, glancing at Darrens sister. "First things first. Shouldn't you like...I know it sounds severe, but like cuff her to your wrist so she can't run off as soon as she wakes up? As for you, lil Spitfire," she started, attention going back to her. "For the short and long of it from Agas, tell us everything you know. Everything. How did you get made if the Father has been gone for so long? Do you remember anything about that? What can you tell us. Easier, just tell us everything you DO know. You're obviously hot off the press, so leave nothing out."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

Morgan had her lips wrapped around the straw of the frappuccino, sipping silently as she waited on the other half of this little group to arrive. And arrive she did, gray-blue eyes glancing upwards in silent acknowledgement before she went back to sipping. Norman certainly made an entrance, she even brought the recently manifested video game character with her. She supposed it made sense, bring a show of force to show she shouldn't be trifled with. She expected no less from the woman given the situation at hand, she was within her rights to be on guard. As the duo sat down and Xiard somehow managed to adjust sword so it didn't consume the entire walkway she finally unwrapped her lips from the straw, setting the cup down. "I'm glad you could join me," she started. "Allow me to buy you a coffee, that is part of the reason I requested to get you here, if only a small bit."

She made eye contact with Alexandria, a silent intensity there that had no place in the eyes of a girl as young as her. There was nothing intentional about it, she had always held a 'fierce gaze', her father and mother often remarked ill of it in regards to her. The eyes of a woman who knew perhaps just a bit too much for anyone's liking perhaps. Or the gaze of someone with a force of will that could bow a hurricane. The analogies were endless, but the end result was always the same. She made no attempt at it, but her gaze was something to behold. "I'm sure you have questions, or a threat or something of that manner. So please, do air grievances and thoughts before I continue. All I desire is to talk with you, however."

She lifted the Starbucks cup again, giving it a couple of sips before setting it down again. "I must say, it's a pleasure to meet you face to face, however."
latest

Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

She couldn't help but raise a brow as jeweled blues kept locked with the intense stare of the woman before her. She was.... young. Adult, but she was young. She didn't look like anyone in the Super, Vigilante, or Villain registry either; she made sure to memorize the faces of those who ended up on the updated list. This woman was... New. Being able to crack through her security and not be in any of those lists made her think the woman was either a Government mole they kept a secret, or just a wizkid at what she did.

"You tryin'a bore a hole through my head, kill me, or are you just that determined?" She asked with a wave of her hand. "And as far as idle threats go, I don't deal in 'em. I'd have done something if I wanted to, but I gotta say you have me at a disadvantage, kid. What made you so determined to meet Public Disliked Hero Number One that you'd break multiple FCC laws and potentially have your face slammed into the dirt by police and other heroes? Can't say I'm someone as idolized as Elementa to warrant going through all this trouble, you know. If it was another hero, this would've been an arrest and you'd be facing prison time.

"But," she continued, holding up a finger. "I gotta say that I'm more interested in how you did it rather than just have a cup of coffee and exchange pleasantries. So I'd like to hear you out on why you were so determined that you'd break the law instead of go through official channels."

To be fair, Alexandria would have jumped at the opportunity to meet at least someone in this shit city that appreciated her work. Maybe that itself was an unconscious reason for her coming out here? Hoping that they'd be a fan? An ally, maybe? Hell, she was already intrigued at the fact that someone got past Namina to begin with, and hearing that someone was actually interested in talking and not just getting the latest scoop on her. News was always looking for a way to get some kind of dirt on her, after all, and she had some loose ends in the criminal world anyway. Even with the latter, however, she couldn't get the sense that Ms. Wizkid here was calling to set up a fight or throw some foreboding comments her way.

So what was the deal?

Alexandria found herself sitting back in her chair, arms folded and her right leg crossing her left. She kept her eyes locked with the girl's heavy gaze, regardless of it being unsettling, and let herself breathe.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

spitfire.jpgSpitfire... I like it.
“Spitfire...? I like that. I will go by that for now until someone else names me. If not father, then perhaps one of my siblings will eventually,” she said, smiling as she now had something to call herself, even if it did sound a little odd. She liked this woman.

Darren glared at Natalie as though he wanted to hurt her, but his gaze softened shortly thereafter with a hefty sigh as he looked to his sister. “I understand your worry,” he said, voice soft, “But she wouldn’t run off. She’d much prefer to be around me than around dad or whoever. I’m her little brother. She’s protective of me.”

Spitfire looked to the man who she had only really now noticed. His soul looked weird. Did her sister have strange friends? So much to learn...

“Tell you everything...?” She repeated, attention turning to Natalie again, her flames settling to small waves as she thought about it. Her finger went to her lips in thought and a slight blush warmed her cheeks, “I... it feels odd to talk about it. Like it is private... Can... can I talk to my sister instead of you? I’m nervous...”

Darren scrunched his nose and spoke up before she could answer, “Agas would probably agree not to break stuff, for her new little sister’s sake, right? Plus for the sake of information, too? And since we’re in a church... and orphanage...”

Last edited:
1421D38E-7178-45F1-991C-72DB3C90993C.jpeg
Charlie
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

As the dogs started to leave Charlie felt a small weight off her chest, leaving her with just the woman and her wolf now. Though her attention was now onto the bigger issue at hand really. How could she think humans where just the same as bugs to be stepped on. It made her think before she looked at the woman. “And what would you say if someone saw you as nothing more than a bug to kill Under the heel of there boot? To not see you as you, but nothing more than an annoyance to swat away and kill? To think like that is practically the same as being what you think humans are.” Charlie asked her curiously before glancing over to a bed of roses. With a smile slowly slipping onto her lips she used a bit of her power and from it butterflies fluttered out from the flowers and over to them. Many congregating around Charlie and landing where they could on her shoulders and body while a few landed in her hands after she held them up in a cupped fashion, some even landing on the wolf and the other woman. “I do intend to question you and also find out what happened. But first I feel a teaching lesson is in order really. It seems you miss a lot of human nature and only see the darkness of our nature and the mistakes we make.” Charlie added before the butterflies all at once fluttered off in a massive flood of color and wings. Gently Charlie got to her feet and looked down at the woman before gesturing for her to follow. “If you would be so kind I wish to go somewhere with you.” Charlie said softly.​

John Nicolas Eastaugh
Gun Priest's Hideout Orphan Shelter | "Are all poltergeists as much of a pain in the ass as you?"

The priest didn't even bother to feign interest when the poltergeist spoke up, and simply shoved the gloves into the spirit's hands as Magnus requested. "And you were walking out from an area overrun by a necromancer. A pretty fucking tough one, if I had to guess, if the fact that it's apparently supposed to be a fucking reaper is anything to note. Which in itself is absolutely screwed on multiple levels, but I'm starting to go off-topic. The point is, which fucking moron wouldn't pump any undead coming through that door full of bullet holes? And which free-willed spirit would willingly go fight a powerful necromancer? You were lucky if you didn't end up as his subordinate." Yikes, one grumpy priest, that one. Not even the decency to apologize for pointing a blessed shotgun right at a spirit's face either.

John's nose twitched in visible aggravation at the mention of the head of the Church for this region. "I'm already royally done with all that Superhero business, I'm not going anywhere near any of that. Which, I've already failed seeing as all six of the little shits here have superpowers and two of them think I don't know they're villains... I'm already 'retired', it was a pain to get that through with the damned organization... The retirement wage for A-Class is really good though, I'm not short on money. But Jesus-fucking-Christ everything is a pain in the ass. People always want me to go back, and the fucking keyboard warriors don't understand a fucking thing. 'Oh hE'S ChiCKenINg oUT oH WOw wHAt a bITcH hE wOUlD JUsT DiTCh wHEn hE caNT lIVe uP To ALl tHe EXPecTaTIonS' fucking hell I should just blow their houses to Heaven." It seemed like Magnus had poked at something he shouldn't have - at this point, the foul-mouthed priest had more or less entirely forgotten about Magnus' questions and started grumbling to himself, his words becoming less and less intelligible until he was just mumbling annoyedly to himself. It took him a while to finally notice Magnus again, and for some reason, his glare became even fiercer than when he had first exited the mad reaper's door.

"No, don't even bother asking Anderson... But, if you do end up going to him anyways, do inform him that the one stirring up a mess is likely The Sorrowmaker, that little lurker that was hiding out in Paris' catacombs. Actually, just take that goddamn door and useless sheet of paper with you, they can fucking explain it themselves. And tell him I'm not going to accept any requests from him, and to not even bother calling because I'll just hang up. As. Many. Times. As. It. Takes."

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Raum
Hotel Room | "By Lucifer, child, put on some clothes-!"

Raum practically choked when he laid eyes upon Visvian walking out of the shower with nothing to cover herself but a blanket. To be entirely fair, a large, fluffy blanket was more than sufficient to cover her small figure, but it was nowhere enough for the likes of Raum. "By Lucifer-" Raum exclaimed to himself as he hastily waved his hands, casting an illusion upon the small dragon to give her the appearance of wearing proper clothing. "Do be warier next time," Raum said, facepalming. Thankfully, he seemed to have applied the illusion before any of the confused staff still standing outside could have a glimpse of a tiny child with nothing but a towel.

Raum pondered for but a moment on whether he should lie, but Dantalion beat him to answering Visvian without a moment's delay. Truth it is, then. "Goodbye for now, Dantalion. The next time we meet will entail less tears and violence, I pray. Ah, and do tell Oriax that if he does not recover Zael'teph by the time I arrive, I will have his heart served with stew."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Mia.pngMia
"It's hard to tell who's good and who's not...," Mia grumbled, heaving a soft sigh out her synthetic lips, "If I want to go see some puppies, how am I supposed to tell when someone is lying or not? I guess I can run recognition software every time to try to help with that... but that just feels so ingenuine! Humans don't have that advantage, so I don't wanna do thaaaaat." Mia looked at Jade and reached out and snatched her arm, which she used to pull the girl down into her lap and into cuddles. Mia wrapped her arms under Jade's breasts across her ribs and rested her head on the girl's shoulder, huffing out another sigh.

"I'd say you did a seven, she did a six... but I think she was hiding her real intelligence. You know how dad is, it's hard to fake with him when he gets going. She was fascinated the whole way and didn't get that eyes glazed over look, unlike her guard friend person who definitely looked a bit lost after a short while," she explained, probably giving Jade one too many ideas with her warm breath tickling her neck and her back firmly against Mia's own, small breasts. Mia continued after a second of pondering, "She had a hungry for knowledge look in her eyes like you do. I bet you two would get along. If I see her again maybe I could give her your number if you want?"

"Screw it" A mumble escaped the pale-skinned creature, his orbs fixed on a building across the road. It was the bank, now from what the lad knew and from experience. Banks were fairly simple to rob hence why he decided to do it now. It didn't matter if his power was strong or not. . You see it was simply because the people who worked there always asked questions and looked you in the eye while doing so. That's what made it simple for the lad to steal from. He pushed himself onto his feet making his way over almost getting hit by some stupid car while doing so. Which caused some dude to yell at him waving his hands in the air. The villain just rolled his eyes in annoyance then made his way into the bank. Once reaching it he made his way to a desk. Where a very attractive woman looked up with a simple smile crossing her face. "Good evening sir, how may we help you today?" She said her eyes fixed on Jasper. Jasper smiled deciding to play along for a moment. He didn't want to draw attention straight away, since the other workers were not distracted. mNS0089_1024x1024.jpeg

"I've come to make a transaction," Jasper said leaning on the desk in a flirtatious way his eyebrows slightly narrowed. Though he would have to use an alias, luckily he had one. The woman just simply smiled and nodded. "Can I have your name please?" She then asked, Jasper, scanned the room looking to see if anybody was looking in his direction. Thankfully nobody seemed to be so Jasper continued to go along with his plan. He still stayed weary but now he began to slowly use his power, he commanded the woman to agree to anything Jasper said to make it look like he was a regular person just going about his day. This went on for about five, fifteen minutes until Jasper felt confident to move to the next stage. This was when he commanded the woman to go to the back of the building where the money was kept. The vampire slowly followed behind once everyone was looking away. Thankfully the woman wasn't fighting Jaspers's grasp on her although, he would have to be quick with collecting the money. He was beginning to feel like there was a chance he could lose it. Though that was always a possibility with any power right? Everyone had a weakness.

169117081-700x420.jpg
While in the back, the lad started to gather the money. He had a plastic bag hidden in his pocket to gather the money it was a tactic he had. As people always expect duffle bags and what, not a plastic bag would look like he has just been shopping or something along those lines. Smart really in Jaspers' mind anyway, he continued to stuff his bag as the woman stood aside. The lad would look up from time to time to see what the woman was doing. Once happy with the amount he had, he would escape out the emergency exit getting far away as the woman would be just coming around.

dunnie eldritch.pngDunnie
Dunnie was quiet along the drive, nervousness creeping into her stomach, or whatever she could call a stomach. She could feel the being they were nearing and wanted nothing more than to run the other way. Still, she got out of the car like a good little girl beside Adam. Her human guise faltered and dissipated as fear and nervousness broiled in her chest. She couldn't take her eyes off of him, and now she had a lot more of them, all glowing purple, to look at him with. She touched Adam's back, shaking not so much like a leaf and more like a rippling vibration across her skin.

One of the tendrils of hair curled itself around his wrist protectively. Adam meant safety. Abhoth was scary. Was he going to notice her? Was he going to hurt her? Or try to take her somewhere? Why was he here? Adam didn't seem worried, though... but she still wasn't gonna take more than half her eyes off the horror at any one time. Her main eyes looked up at Adam, her voice barely a whisper. It warbled a little in that usual eldritch way, if one could call that usual at any point, but it was soft and so very human even still, painfully so as her fear was audible in it, "...I'm sorry... I couldn't keep my form up..."

The cultists were no feeble lot. They had made and raised Dunnie, after all. The flying orb had encountered a barrier against the eldritch almost the instant it entered the grounds. Not two seconds after it bonked up against the barrier, it was shot to a pulp by a surprisingly quiet shotgun-wielding cultist. It had garnered a glance at the woman, who looked (of course) crazy, with a wide grin on her face and a mess of light-brown hair partially obscuring her face. She had on a loose doctor's coat and casual jeans and a red tee-shirt underneath it.

Adam's sight unfortunately only garnered a bit more information than the eye. Their defenses against such things were impressive - no doubt they had heard of him. The whole hospital had been changed around and refitted to suit their needs. He could get glimpses of cultists milling about, of the mess of an eyeball that was once flying, of a handful of prisoners they were "converting", and of vague other attempts they had done to recreate Dunnie - all failures that ended with dead women.

Dunnie, meanwhile, tried to help explain what she could about the place she called home very recently.

"I was born and raised here," she said, some of her eyes flicking to look at the human woman. Why was she here with them? Would she be ok? Was she scared? "Janet Olivar was my mother. My father is Yog-soggoth. Like I said before... They worshiped lots of the gods. Nyarlathotep and Yog-soggoth in particular, but also Cthulhu and Azazoth and stuff... Abhoth too... though not as much. They thought that they were chosen by the gods for some purpose. I think it was mostly about bringing chaos. Like I said before... they wanted to break me. If I went wild, if I didn't care about humans, then I'd be even more useful and could be a new god that brought chaos to the Earth. Don't get me wrong... I like chaos... but... again, I don't like seeing light leaving someone's eyes..."

"They made sure I knew how to do a lot of stuff that would help me be a better god, but not a lot of human stuff. They... um... they're really paranoid. They have a lot of barriers and stuff set up... some to keep me in, most to keep stuff out. They keep new soon-to-be-inducted members down in a sort of basement area near the AC units and power switches and stuff. They show them stuff... or sometimes make me show them stuff... to make them crazy. Then they let them settle and give a sorta mark to them... and then they're ready to join the cult. My uncle... Nyarlathotep... it amuses him when they bring in new people even when he doesn't ask them to," she explained, frowning as her mouth dipped and little cracks on her forehead formed a knit brow where one would normally be. She enjoyed feeling powerful over people. She didn't want to hurt people though. Right about now she was just wishing she had never been born. She wouldn't be a threat to anybody then, and no one would try using her for anything bad.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles LostHaven LostHaven

Abhoth Dominik & Leona Wagner
Abandoned Hospital | "A truly saddening tale, you have my condolences." "Oh please, your acting is awful."

Abhoth's eyebrow rose the moment his spawn was obliterated off the face of the Earth. Their connection had been severed, an all too familiar sensation given that he frequently consumed his own children. "How very troublesome," the Outer God mumbled as he stroked his chin. "It appears as though I failed to give these positively deranged humans enough credit. Apparently, even with sanity in tatters, your kind can still remain irritatingly crafty." He wasn't particularly annoyed that his spawn was so easily obliterated, and nor would Abhoth ever feel even the slightest hint of sympathy for his vile 'children' - or any being, for that matter - but it did irk him ever so slightly that he was missing a sizeable chunk of mass - it would be a pain to recover that. No matter though - the noticeable chunk of flesh missing in Abhoth's body stretched and grew, whilst the length of his 'hair' shrank noticeably.

He first laid eyes upon 'Dunnie' as he turned away from the hospital and toward Adam, noticing the creature cowering behind the detective, eyes glued to Abhoth. Alongside the anxious stares directed toward him from the creature's many eyes was a lingering taste of fear in the air. Was it afraid simply of some instinct informing her that he, something far above her existence was standing before her, or was she entirely aware of his name? Abhoth's eyes met with Dunnie's, and he attempted to garner as best a smile he could possibly muster, which only became a grotesque grin that spread from one ear to the other. "Fear not, spawn of the Beyond One, I have no intention of bringing harm unto you," Abhoth assured Dunnie, though his horrid grin probably squashed any attempt of giving the creature any comfort or sense of security. If anything, it probably worsened them.

An expression of complete indifference was painted across Abhoth's face as he listened in to Dunnie's narrative. He seemed wholly disinterested, but if one were to peer close enough behind Abhoth's dark-red tinted sunglasses, they would notice a slight twitching in his eye as Dunnie mentioned that they worshipped Abhoth too, 'though not as much.' Upon Dunnie finishing her life-story, Leona suddenly stepped toward the creature without a word. "By Azathoth's beard, this is going to get ugly, " Abhoth thought to himself as his eyes followed Leona. If she'd just determined Dunnie to be a pest, things were going to go south pretty quickly. Damn it, was he going to have to use a Geas? That'd make the fourth. Abhoth wanted to use them sparingly. He pondered for a while until Leona reached her hand out toward Dunnie and...

"Open your ears - I impart this geas upon yo-" Abhoth finally called out, only to stop himself before he could finish.

Rather than attempting to snap Dunnie's neck as Abhoth had expected, Leona had gently patted the creature on the head. There was a 'squelch' as she did so, but between almost drowning in Abhoth's horrible, writhing flesh and petting a spawn of an Outer God on the head, Leona would much prefer the latter any day of the week. "It'll be aight, kid," she comforted Dunnie with a wide grin, far more amicable than whatever Abhoth had attempted. "I'll beat the shit outta all the bad guys, ok? By the time we're done with 'em, they'll be sorry they ever tried to abuse you, or something, yea?"

There was something akin to a sigh of relief from the Father of Miscreation, as his posture relaxed to some degree. "You are full of contradictions, daughter of Yog-Sothoth. With chaos, it is inevitable that death follows. It will be rather difficult to enjoy pandemonium whilst abhorring the loss of life." That being said, her existence was already plenty perplexing. A child between an Outer God and a human should be, by all means, impossible, but this marked the second occasion. "Perhaps your utterly incompatible natures of human and eldritch are colliding? The idiocy and ingenuity of humans frighten me..." Abhoth mumbled to himself. "In any case, the barriers these cultists have erected pose an issue. This current vessel lacks the sufficient power to intrude, or to shatter their defenses." Abhoth's voice suddenly flooded the thoughts of the three others around him. It appeared as though the Outer God had switched their mode of communication. "If you would kindly invoke my name, I may be able to shatter their barriers. Or, at the very least, worm inside. I trust that this location is far from prying eyes, yes?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Arenike

Arenike looked to her new savior. "5 guys huh ... I wonder if the name is because of the employees. Or the employees are because of the name. Nevertheless. I entrust my saftey with you Miss Doctor." She calmly went to her. "I know not the directions of this city. So you will be requried to lead the way" as she said this. She kept looking about. Seemingly taking in the sights of the new city she was in. Technology advances ever faster. Yet cities are still cities. "Hmph. Im slightly dissapointed. Theyve had ample time yet still no commercial hover cars? Honestly. The greed of humanity is their ultimate downfall. They'd have easily conquered the other races in a fraction of my lifetime if they actually worked together. Though i suppose I should be happy they are so self destroying. Id probably be dead by not if not." She thoyght back to the various troubles she had got herself in.

Off for a walk?
She glanced at Charlie as she spoke, an amused glint hidden in her stern eyes. "Then I would say if they can accomplish their goal, they earned it." She glanced at the butterflies that landed atop her and the wolf-dog, the beast staring up at a butterfly that had landed on its nose. "Very well. I will humor you, young hero. In response, I offer you some thought. I love humanity, truth be told. It all gives me purpose, life does in general. I don't see only your dark secrets and skeletons in the closet of humanity, but that's what I find fascinating. You're all so prone to self-destruction and quarreling. Just like ants, you are all of the same race but you can't help but face each other. Very well then, Charlie, do lead on." She stood up, tucking her book beneath her arm. If Charlie were to blink (as people are wont to do) the massive wolf-dog would simply...be gone the next time she did so. "Where are we off too?"
0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.png

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Jade and Mia

"Dork, we do have it. It's called fight or flight instinct. We instinctively know when something doesn't add up or doesn't feel right, and we act appropriately. You're a bit too trusting missy." Jade gave a soft 'oop' as she was yanked down to be cuddled, sat in the young synthetics lap, and quickly found herself in a wonderful situation. She could get used to this moment. Well she would, if not for the fact she suddenly felt goosebumps trail up her arms...there was the old fight or flight. She looked over her shoulder, Ariah standing behind the couch and staring down at them both. "Burrito, water, juice." Jade flashed a quick smile before disentangling herself from Mia to avoid Ariah slipping her something in her food later on.

"So you think she was hiding her intelligence? Why would she want to do that? That doesn't track. Also...eh, pass. I don't like people, generally. I do better with machines. Always have." Handing off everyone's food and drink Ariah took a seat beside her sister, hands folding in her lap. "So, who were they Mia? Don't tell me you didn't bother to scan them? Someone that intelligent just so happens to give you a ride and keeping up with dad? Seems a bit too convenient, don't you think?"
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png
fb42ce4fa357cdf80266c29aa75088f8.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

She glanced at Darren, an eyebrow quirked at that spiteful look he'd just given her. She was thinking in line with her work, shoot her. The last thing they needed was the young menace running off. "Right then. You say she won't run off, I trust you." Glancing at 'spitfire' and then back to Darren she frowned a bit, actually considering the thought. Agas was all for it, but Natalie frankly wasn't. "She gets control, it's really hard for me to get it back. And there's nothing stopping her from getting what she wants answered and then flying off to destroy L.A, or that little house we just came from. She wouldn't level the church, but it'd be standing alone in a field of rubble. I don't trust her, and you shouldn't either. She's doing the equivalent of biting my jugular at the moment, and it sucks."

She glanced at Spitfire, kneeling down so she could be at her level, reaching out to rest her hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay to be scared. It's okay to be nervous, and all that stuff. You're among good people though, okay? Okay, ignore my soul at the moment, because I know it's not exactly spotless. I can still sin, and it builds up, but Agas gives me a free pass because we work together and it serves her goals and motivations. But I think you can tell I'm a decent person. I want to help...but Agas isn't someone I can just let out for a chat. If she ever comes out, there's nothing that'll stop her from purging everything. So can we talk? We can step away from Darren if that'll make you more comfortable?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Glancing at the tendril coiled around his wrist he glanced at the hospital again, his trick only doing the bare minimum. Great, they were prepared. Just made this a massive problem in the long run then. "You're alright Dunnie, just take it easy," he grumbled around his cigarette. He glanced at Abhoth and Leona, giving a shrug. "When a cultist loses all sanity and still functions, and then there's more than one, they become very crafty and very much a pain in the ass." Seeing that horrid grin he raised an eyebrow, taking a long drag off the cigarette until it died, only for him to swap it out for a new one. "All due respect, that smile of yours could make babies cry." Watching Leona give Dunnie head pats he gave a small sigh, attention drifting back towards the hospital. "They have captives, if any of them somehow see you if you're invoked, it'll be a mess. I might have a work around. We need to try to enter through an air vent, if they're near the A.C units. Priority one is getting the captives out, then we shut the cult down."

He reached out mentally, knocking at the 'door' of one of his contracts. "Alright, Nyaralothotep, want to lend a hand? Your part of the reason we have an issue here." "Oh? And why in Azathoths name would I help you destroy a cult? They bring such chaos and suffering everywhere they go, don't they?" "Cut the shit. I just need the barrier down if you're going to be pain about it like always. If you only help but a smidge, I can promise chaos one way or the other." "So amusing. Very well. Do try not to get shot again, you're less fun if you die." "Called in some help," was Adam's simple remark as a pool of blackness spread out in front of them, spreading like a cancer and oozing towards the hospital. Once it came into contact with the 'field' of the hospital there was a noise like a horrific screech, like animals dying and women screaming all in one. As the noise halted the field dissipated, and with it did the will of the crawling chaos. "Great, my ears are ringing. Least I can still hear though. Sorry, sir, but I'll take the outer god I know. Anyone got tips for a distraction so we can make for the A.C vent? They'll try to remake the field as soon as they can."
image0.jpg

Morgan Adler

Morgan slowly shook her head in a silent 'no', lifting her frappuccino to her lips to take another sip before setting it back down. "I've always been told I have a heavy gaze, unfortunately. No one quite enjoys it, so I apologize if it brings you discomfort." She listened to Machina speak, waiting for her turn in this game of social chess. By the time she was done, she offered a small smile to her, a very restrained thing that would otherwise be 'cute' if not for her heavy gaze. "But you're not just any other hero, Miss Norman. And that's why my concerns are minimal. I did things my way, because official channels were too slow. There was also no guarantee you'd come if I had asked you 'correctly' for me to join you for coffee, now would you? You'd have disregarded it, I suspect. I reached out to you for a few things. Firstly, you are, in my eyes, what a hero should be. You believe in a morality spectrum that people have forgotten. The world is cruel and unfair, and sometimes people do things that the law deems awful, just so they can survive or care for those they care about. You believe people are able to be helped, and shouldn't just be killed or tossed behind bars to rot for the rest of their life."

She took another sip of her sweetened coffee treat, setting it back down. "Two," she stated, holding up two fingers to accentuate her point, "You came from a very poor situation, and instead of letting that define you and your future, you decided to do something positive with it. You could have been a villain, a vigilante, you could have run off to the fillipines if you wanted. But you haven't. You've started a successful business, you've become an accomplished hero even if no one truly likes you. And three," she flipped up a third finger, watching her. "I'd like to purchase something from you, but that is such a minor point in this conversation I may just forget about it. Put simply, I'm an admirer, Miss Norman. But not the kind that will build a shrine to you in her closet and visit in the dark of night, I assure you."
latest

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

kite.jpgKite
Kite hopped down like a silent falling leaf, her outfit billowing from the drop as she was blinking tears out of her eyes. She had nothing to say to her dad. No response to the bonk on her head or the firm words of encouragement. He was right. She could do this. Even if she really didn’t want to all of a sudden. She had to push her stupid teenager hormones aside and do her job.

Once she was down her head was on a swivel. There was no one immediately there, but if they bothered to put in a skylight it was likely a highly trafficked area. They had to move quickly. Picture on the wall? It wouldn’t fit through the skylight if she tried and sometimes the frame was worth more than the image so she couldn’t just break it. Vase? Too heavy to lift over her head. If she dropped it it would make too much noise.

She moved around the corner out of the sight of her father and swiftly ducked into a room as someone passed by. They walked right past the skylight without noticing a thing. Kite scanned the room she had tucked into, a bedroom by the looks of it, and routed through a couple drawers to find a small jewelry box and... heh. A baggie of illicit pills. That’d be fun to show Jewel.

She paused near the door, listened for footsteps, then zipped out in a smooth motion. No one there. Kite had almost made it back to the skylight and was within sight of her dad, but there was a resident approaching from the other direction. Like some strange spring loaded acrobat, she sprinted part way up the wall, and clambered the rest of the way up until she had pressed herself into a corner. The hero, not expecting to see anything in the corner, continued on with their head down in their phone and a tired look on their face.

As soon as they passed, Kite scrambled up and out onto the roof again with her items. She held them out and offered them to her dad, voice a whisper marred with physical exertion, “Here. Good enough? Now what?”

Last edited:
lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.pngAXIOM

Axiom trusted Elementa's words but something still irked him about the whole situation. Surely this man couldn't have ran so deep in his veins that he tried attacking a government superpower in public like that. Potentially jeopardizing his livelihood and endangering himself in the process. What had he to gain? or to lose? Nothing perhaps? Did someone set him up to it to try and stir a riot? It was highly possible. Such rallies were rather volatile. Axiom couldn't shake the questions from his head but the situation having happened made his blood simmer. He didn't like it when it began to feel like that, especially with something like this. He has to to keep himself in-check the best he can today. One wrong move and he could endanger the reputation of superpowers forever and surely doesn't want that...That is until he looks to the surrounding building and through several windows, where watchful eyes. Fearful eyes. Hateful Eyes. People like him fought so they could make people feel safe. To bring them together when bigger adversities come to. And yet, here they stood. Being told they ought to be locked up like feral animals that needed to be domesticated. They were protectors. They are willing to give their lives to protect all them from the brink of annihilation time and time again. The fought with their armies and some of their soldiers. Fathers, sons, grandfathers, cousins, uncles....They will never get the chance to return home again because they gave their all for unity and safety...And these people were throwing it all back at their faces....Axioms clenched his hands tightly in a fist as he let these thoughts fester once more in hi head.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back