• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Raum
School Soccer Field | "Now, an asteroid is nothing close to a meal."

Raum calmly watched as Visvian waddled over to the remnants of her prison, breaking off a shard and began chewing into it. Raum recoiled slightly at the horrific sight of one blind to what was food and what was not. "If you're hungry, shall we get some better food than asteroid fragments? It happens that this world has all sorts of wonderful cuisine."

Tilting his head to the side, Raum motioned Visvian to head toward that direction. "Let's go. Heroes and police can be quite annoying to deal with."

F9A0F7A6-BA78-40B6-A8E0-29B02284B4F2.jpeg
Visvian
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian chewed with ease on the crystal as her eyes explored the surrounding area before she looked to the bird. “Cuisine?” She asked him curiously before her look grew more curious. “What are those? Hero’s and police?” She wondered as she started to walk her way out of the crater. Still carrying the crystal in her hand and taking bites out of it with ease as she walked. Soon finding them out of the crater she looked around at the surrounding area. “Hey bird.” She said with a quiet tone after finishing a bite. “Is it bad that I can’t remember anything but my name?” She questioned it.​

Raum
Visvian's Shoulder | "Your plight may very well be a gift."

Raum chuckled at Visvian's response. It seemed as though the child didn't understand most of his words. "Heroes and police are people who attempt to do right and correct wrongs, I suppose. They can be quite the stubborn and idiotic bunch, though." he replied. Raum took a bit longer to reply to the girl's second question. He pondered for quite some time, before opening his beak to answer.

"Well, it depends," he replied. "There are some who will take your predicament as no less than a blessing. Sometimes, people want to forget. To forget their crushing failures, terrible events, their own atrocities, and so forth. It's not particularly bad, and besides, what's done is done. I cannot restore your memories." The raven made small shrug, still perched upon the girl's shoulder. "In any case, you were hungry, yes? Shall I treat you to some food, then?"

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

FA530E0E-5CC4-4951-975B-ECF751E6B6EF.jpeg
Visvian
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian glances to the bird as he spoke in trivial ways on her little predicament. “Thou didn’t answer my question.” She said bluntly to the bird as she gently hopped her way over rubble and through the chaos of her fall. “Yes pwease! I’m really hungry.” She said stuffing the last of the crystal in her mouth. As she walked through the chaos she grabbed a big rock that laid on rubble and bit into it. Chomping down on the concrete and piece of rebar that was in the rock. Chewing it up with ease and swallowing it before eating the rest. “I’m still hungry.” She mumbled to The bird as they got out of the rubble. Looking around at the buildings that surrounded them with a good deal of awe. Before her look went back to the blank stare. “I don’t know where to go.” She mumbled to the bird​

Mia.pngMia
Inside the cute little diner, poor Mia, a cute little girl with black hair and almost glowing blue eyes, was struggling with the digital display on the soda machine. She interfaced with it, but all she wanted was a soda, and now it was spitting out soda and doing a mixture of two at once and aaaaaaaaa. She gave up. Ariah wasn't here right now and she knew how all this stuff worked better. She wasn't even supposed to be out alone, but she hated being stuck inside and the rain felt so good! All these ticklish little playful raindrops on her skin. It was one of her favorite sensations so far!

She saw a strange woman enter the diner with such a long tail and such pretty white skin. Behind her was another woman and a man. The woman looked a little older than what her body looked like. Mia was made to look around fifteen, though dad was working on growth.

Mia had no real sense of... social behavior, unfortunately. She had no shame going straight up to the one with the umbrella - since she had an umbrella and a guy holding the umbrella, she looked the most in charge - and smiled at her, "You guys look so interesting. Can I talk with you?" For all intents and purposes, Mia looked completely normal until you looked a little too close. Her bright blue eyes had little flashes of micro-circuitry in them, her hair had a slight unnatural sheen to it when the light caught it just right (since it wasn't made of hair at all), in general, she was perfect, too. No blemishes, even for a kid of her apparent age. Not one pimple or hair out of place. She was a little hungry, or more accurately, interested in tasting new foods, but that could wait! Umbrella lady might tell her what the tail lady was!

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka

Raum
Crater | "How much does the kid eat again?"

"Yes, I seem to understand that you require a lot of food. No need to remind me," Raum said to Visvian, hopping off her shoulder and onto the ground. Then, before her eyes, a swirl of wind and black feathers arose from seemingly nowhere, obscuring the raven's form. Raum's form expanded, changing as feathers turned to clothing, and in the time of a few seconds, the bird was gone, replaced by a tall man with blue eyes and long, black hair, dressed in a black buisiness suit. Raum adjusted his tie slightly, gazing down at Visvian. "Sorry for the wait, just follow me. There's apparently a good diner not far from here, or something. Your appearance is a bit of an issue, though. In any case, you just merely need to pretend to be my daughter, if anyone asks, alright? In fact, it'd be best to allow me to handle the talking."

Hayato - Exam site

I almost raised an eyebrow at the mention of people cancelling their appointments because of the rain; it was a mere inconvenience, and the test would be conducted indoors anyway. Did those people really care about getting their license ? If they were truly determined, even a rainy day should not have deterred them. But... It wasn't my concern, so I forwent that thought and focused on the exam. The coordinator I got seemed like a nice woman - unlike the murdering teleporter I'd heard about on the report. What she did with the screens caught my attention. Was it an information-related ability, or an holographic device that generated those ? I was personally inclined towards the first, given how the screens were somehow tangible and interactible with. I wondered if it would be possible for me to reproduce it.

I signed in on the screen, answering the questions she was asking in the meanwhile.

"Ah... Yes, I've come to get a professional licence, after ten years with an apprentice licence. I don't have a specific class in mind, I only want to do the best I can."

Mention of injuries and healing made me raise my head in concern, and when she asked me if I had questions, I replied on the affirmative.

"I do have one question, miss. Would it be possible to not make use of healing magic on me if I get wounded ? I'm afraid it would only make things worse. In a similar manner, would it be possible to avoid the use of anti-magic ? Due to some... unique internal biology, it would cause most likely irreparable internal damage."

I let out a small sigh.

"Other than that, I am ready."

2caf1553abcd4a8b6af0210226d8ae3c.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Death Knights' Encampment

The masked woman eyed Caroline warily as she mentioned the name of Death Knights. She exchanged a quick glance with the creature sitting on the other side of the campfire, briefly nodding before fixing her eyes on Caroline again. Her eyes narrowed at Caroline's series of questions, and she answered in a careful tone.

"Might be that we are. Might be that we aren't. Rumors tend to go crazy when folks like us approach. But yeah, that's us."

She shifted her stance, now sitting cross-legged on her log. Relaxed, seemingly. She snapped her fingers, and there was a sound like creeping vines folding back. The soil in the area, that had a reddish brown colour, faded into a dull dirt-like brown, the redder traces disappearing slowly.

"Take a seat, miss. That ain't talks we can have while standing up in the rain. And don't worry about the big guy in your back - it's a fake."

She turned towards the forest, and let out a sharp scream.

"PRESENTIA ! TURN IT OFF AND COME HERE !"

A heartbeat later, the towering presence had disappeared, and a shrilly voice burst out laughing candidly as a woman appeared from between the trees, a handful of small flasks hovering around her as skeletal shapes of various beings whistled as they were being swallowed by the glass. She came to sit next to the masked woman, leaning against her shoulder and closing her eyes, the vials flying smoothly into her pockets. The masked woman put an arm around her shoulder, becoming somewhat protective as she did so.

63241117_p1.jpg

"You can call me Lurker. I'm the First-rank Vanguard for the Death Knight's shock division. Presentia here is the Third-rank Vanguard, and the fluffy boy is Harbinger, the Second-rank Vanguard. Of course, it's not our real names, but don't expect to know them soon. That big thing that was tracking you was a detection spell involving the bound spirit of a forest wurm. It wouldn't have done you any damage, unless you'd taken hostile action towards us - shit's not real, unless we make it."

Harbinger followed suit, and its voice was like a wolf's howl, rich and high-pitched but immensely feral. Its words were garbled, as if human languages were foreign to it. It didn't seem to have even noticed the nickname Lurker had given to it.

"As for joining us... It is not for us to allow or reject. Our commander is coming, and he will decide on the matter. In the meanwhile, you will have to wait with us. You seem like you are an intelligent woman, you surely understand that we cannot allow an outsider to leave with intel on our activities."

Lurker spoke up again, seriousness in her tone.

"Ya mentioned lil' old ladies being afraid to come out. That's the plan. The more scared civvies are, the lower the risks of collateral. If they stick to their homes, we won't risk hitting them when we swarm the gangs' positions."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

tabby.pngDark Paladin
He was somber, depressed at his fate but accepting of it. He had aided monsters, not of his own volition, but it didn't matter. If it would stop him, death would be the only answer. In death, he could harm no longer. He only wished, selfishly, that he could see his daughter again. She would be so upset... There was little fight to him, only the bare minimum. And as he lost the fight, no doubt bleeding out as the way he would go, he spoke his name so the other man could find his daughter, "Ginter Bennett. Her name is Astreta Bennett... thank you..."

--------------------------------------

Tabby shrugged, "It's fine. You didn't know. Now you do. You're just lucky that you didn't become a chew toy. Beast was in a good mood today, so it was pretty well behaved. That's not always the case. Maybe it's excited by the prospect of tougher chew toys." She looked at Thomas apologetically. He hated this topic. Maybe they could take a stroll after this was over with, have some nice fresh air... albeit a bit damp. Maybe they could even go to a mall! That'd be fun. Something to take his mind off of being perpetually sad.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Axiom chuckles "That I sure do!" Agreeing with Tabby. Just imagine being eaten by a monster...Hard to imagine what's already happened. "But thanks for saving my life, miss. Brave souls like you motivate me everyday!" Axiom remarks genuinely as he takes Tabby's hand and gives it a gentle shake of gratitude before looking back into the tunnel "I hope our new friend has everything handled down there...What do you suppose is down there that was so important that a demon had to report it in, a pyromancer and an ancient knight had to defend it from us? I know you two have as much of an idea as I do. It's really up to speculation what's really in the tunnel but this is a red alert mission..." Axiom strokes his chin in thought. Red alert missions were usually classified for potential city-wide threats. Like a giant dragon wreaking havoc on a city or a city siege. Whatever was in that tunnel...Made him feel nervous
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

C6B39C64-E66D-420E-9BC2-3685F33E7D80.jpeg
Visvian
interaction: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian watched half heartedly as the bird turned into a man. Her tail gently swaying back and fourth as she looked up to him when he was done. Listening to his words she nodded to him before taking a place at his side. Once done she reached up with her left hand and grabbed his right. Almost having to hold her hand all the way above her head due to the height difference and her short stature. “Why would my appearance be an issue?” She asked looking up to him. Not know that horns and a tail where uncommon on this world​

~Enzo~
Police Car

1602805187873.png His glowering out of the car window was interrupted by the generic ringtone of his phone. Marshall and him made eye contact, both sporting expressions of confusion before Enzo's turned into indignation as the detective reached back to grab the phone from his pocket. "Hey! Hands off you freak!" Too late, the detective had already taken it and had the fucking audacity to answer it. "Hey! That's my phone! You can't do that!" Taking and answering his phone had to be illegal. He wasn't even at the station yet! Fuck, what if it's Zaph? A stroke of terror hit him and he shouted, "Don't say anything!" She wouldn't call him, but it had to be her. Who else would call him? It wasn't like he was drowning in friends.

Marshall shot him a pitying look, causing Enzo to reel back in bewildered disgust. Who the fuck was he to pity Enzo? It was insulting. Clenching his teeth, he yelled even louder, "Pretty sure you need a warrant to answer that, asshole!" He wasn't really sure, but he heard enough stories of other criminals' arrests to know that searching a phone was illegal. Pretty sure answering calls counts. Whatever, he could definitely twist this in court and that's what counted. For now though, all he could do was fume as he anxiously tried to figure out just exactly who called him. This better not count as my one phone call.

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Marshall and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Dunnie and Sylvia | Nearby Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Muse))

Raum
Diner | "Just don't eat the soda machine."

It seemed as though the child didn't quite understand quite a few things about the world. That said, the same applied to the majority of children. Teaching a 7000-year old dragon basic the basic common sense of humans was simple enough. Hopefully, Visvian wouldn't do anything that made them stand out more than they already did. Whatever, he'd deal with problems if they ever came.

Raum's unfaltering indifference to Visvian's adorable looks finally wavered, his eyes showing a hint of surprise, even of it was for a mere moment. His composure quickly returned though, as if it had never left. "Humans don't possess horns nor tails," Raum replied, looking down at the little girl. It wad a bit strange, as he was usually the one looking up. "And like the fools they are, they have this irrational fear of what they cannot understand. In any case, it's not too big of an issue." Taking his free hand, Raum waved it over Visvian's horns which 'disappeared'. The same occured for her tail. "There, I've concealed your horns and tail. They haven't disappeared into nothingness though, so do be careful to avoid bumping into anything."

The walk to the diner took 15 minutes or so - Raum had learned of the place from the memories of a random man who, for some reason or the other, remembered the location fondly. Sitting on a tree and using his ability on people did yield some results. Besides, it wasn't as if he had anything else better to do than poke his beak into other peoples' lives. Thankfully, getting in wasn't so much an issue either - people probably just assumed Raum was just a father taking his child out for dinner, or something. That said, once they had sat down at their table, Raum quite literally went and ordered every single item on the menu, to the bewilderment of the staff.

So much for 'not standing out'.

"You can eat to your heart's content. I can always order more," he told Visvian. He at least had enough on his card to feed a celestial dragon. That said, it wasn't enough to feed a celestial dragon for a long period of time. "Should I hand the kid to an orphanage?" Raum wondered silently. It was troublesome since he didn't really have anywhere to let the child stay, but he couldn't quite let a kid sleep on the streets either.

Last edited:
Muse.jpgMuse
G...great... Today was going just wonderful. She paused for a moment to soak in what the detective just said along with the shouting in the background from a voice she recognized. From the sounds of it, he was in custody and... had been searched. A phone call like this could be considered part of that. Normally they'd take the phone away anyway. She sighed, "Hello Detective Marshall. I'm Abigail, alias Muse. I'm an apprentice hero under the hero Kali. I just met them yesterday and spent a decent bit of time with him at a mall. Please let him know that this was Abigail calling. I'm not related to whatever mess he's gotten himself into, but he seems like a nice man." His shouts sounded so different, though... so raw with anger... Enzo was like a different person in the background right now. She couldn't really expect him to be cheery in the back of a cop car, however.

"Please do have him call me back. May I ask what he's under suspicion of and being held for, sir? I'll arrange a lawyer for him and whatever else I can. I don't know if he did or did not do whatever he's being held for... I honestly don't... but I'd rather not see his life get thrown away, sir. I see a lot of potential in him. It's what drew me to him in the first place. Maybe he just needs a helping hand," she knew she was being optimistic... but... ah... she really did feel like he had the potential to do great things. The first thing that came to mind was that he stole something. He was pretty adamant to pay yesterday, even if she didn't let him. If he did steal, then... it was pretty bad, but usually, people stole out of necessity, right? She'd ask Kali for a lawyer and recommendations in a bit.

"I can come down to the station after I sort things out. I don't think he has anyone. When we spoke he didn't mention any family at all, and I leaving him to fester alone wouldn't sit right with me. I wouldn't be able to sleep. Can you give me your contact information and station number, please? I appreciate you doing your job, sir. If he did do something wrong, I hope this sets him straight," she smiled meekly on the other side of the phone. Even Adam, who had known Enzo for all of a few minutes, would know this woman he was talking to was far too good for the piece of shit in his car, too good, too nice, too kind... everything. If Enzo was a devil, this Abigail woman sounded like an angel, and given her voice had no effect on Adam, he knew it wasn't fake either.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka

1602843081385.gif
Visvian
Interactions: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian reached up with her free hand to touch her horns when he said humans didn’t like them. “Am I not human?” She questioned quietly before watching his hand wave over her horns making them become hidden. The walk was two bad and she could see everything in this strange new place. Her eyes gleamed with wonder and curiosity as she looked around. When they got to the diner she followed after Raum and climbed into the booth. Sitting there and watching him as he ordered before her attention was grabbed by the kids menu and the crayons wrapped in a small band. The crayons where interesting but her attention was taken by the band. Pulling it off the crayons she took it. Twirling her hair together and tying it with the string. With that done she started to sway her head back and forth. Watching her braided hair with her eyes before it broke making her jump a little. Then her attention turned him Raum as she gently rested her chin on the table. “Am I human?” She asked him quietly, repeating the question she had asked before they got to the diner​

1602858252878.pngCastle Ruins
As the fireball blasted into the crazed woman she was knocked back as well. It didn't stop her for long, however, and she sprung back up on all fours like a horrible little beast. She made an awful growling, guttural sound somewhere between the hiss of a cat and the growl of a crocodile, before springing forward once again to tear into poor Samantha. For one reason or another, Quasar was getting completely ignored.

The woman looked a little out of place. She wasn't as clearly gamified as the other enemies they had faced, but all the same was an opponent. She wasn't exactly giving them a chance to ask questions.

She bit and snapped at Samantha's arms, neck, chest... anywhere she could, anywhere that was closest at that instant in time.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Sophia calmly listened to the two. However her focus seemed to be trailing off to focus on vice. Her eyes locked on her. White hair..... small body. Perfect. "Like James says, Horror is not my favorite Genre. How do you say..... Movies about happy families are my favorite, cheaper by the dozen is a personal favorite." By the moment one of them finished their tea she had already refilled their cups. " Understood master, I shall do exactly as said. Cherry wood doors by those dimensions, I shall use lever handles for the doors so pydir can open it. and Shall include locks on the outside of hignars." she gave a deep bow before looking up. "are you two hungry? I can procure food if master wishes for it. And as master said. Please do not leave the cabin. Reality does not work well the farther from the cabin you go. Also, if you are looking for ice. It is behind the body in the freezer." She stood up, and grabbed another piece of wood. placing it into the fire then using the fire poker to move it about. As she stood up black liquid leaked from the cracks in her face. To which she quickly wiped with a hankerchief. that was shortly tossed into the fire afterwards. "please ignore that master. This doll is rather damaged so leaks happen from time to time."

Plain.Doll.600.2373208-1 (1).jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1602858504467.pngApricot - Exam Site
"Yes, sir," she said with a wide smile, "Alternative healing methods are available, and anti-magic can be excluded rather easily. Caesar can stay in the testing viewing area as you go about your test. We'll start with something easy, and move up from there." A new screen popped up in front of Hayato, this time asking if he wanted to join Apricot's party, and then a second one asking if he wanted to start a new quest: "License Testing".

"I apologize for the screens. They're part of my ability, and I use them to administer the tests more efficiently. I'm an S-class hero myself, though I rarely head out nowadays into the fray. My abilities can be of far more use with the new generation, I think," she explained, moving on to a new room. Her voice echoed as they stepped into the gymnasium, and she began her ascent up a long flight of stairs, "Please stand on the blue X in the center of the gym and wait for further instructions."

There was a pause of a minute or two, filled with nothing but the soft sound of shoes against wooden stairs before Apricot led Caesar and herself into a viewing box that hung against the roof of the building.

She cleared her throat and pressed a button for the loudspeaker, voice booming and echoing now, "Right. Be aware, nothing you will see is real, but you must treat it as such. The test will continue until you tap out or until you are marked with a fatal wound since you are looking to see how far into the classes you can achieve. Are you ready?"

Apricot waited for an affirmative, and when she got it, a cascading box of teal pixels surrounded Hayato, and a similar effect spilled down the walls of the gym like rain. When the "rain" cleared, Hayato could no longer see the box or any of the features of the gym. Now, he was standing in the middle of an empty road in the twilight hours of the day.

A woman screamed out from behind him, "HELP! Please! Help me!" It was a simple car crash, where a grey sedan had rammed into a light pole and pinned the woman's husband in the car. He was unconscious, and the woman was trying in vain to wrench his door open. She had gashes along her face and arms from the broken glass of the windshield, and seemed to be dazed and confused, though most of all, she was desperate to help her husband. The man looked as though his head had made contact with the dashboard, and while in the car it was hard to tell if he was breathing or what his injuries were.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Osuka Osuka

SoulFlare

She gave a simple shrug at his thoughts on that she had have felt the same at some point. "I'll save you the headache with any explanations I'd offer. Ultimately, not really I think is the consensus. If you know a few of the buyers, I can figure out the rest. It won't be difficult to make someone talk if you bend their arm far enough. If you can't help me handle the family 'peacefully', I don't ultimately care. I plan to kill Dara and Cianan long before they leave the states. If Darren takes over, good for him, I don't care. I'm probably going to have to go globetrotting at some point to clean house anyway if he can help all the better."

She kicked herself off the wall she had been leaning on, considering her next move. "I'll make sure Dara and his braindead brother don't go near you or your family, but if you have suggestions on how to better accomplish that, I'll listen. Otherwise, I'm going to see myself out and leave you to your family."
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

Heading into the diner with the other three she scanned the interior in an effort to decide the best place on where to settle their group down to dine. Perhaps in that far corner to the side? Her thoughts were interrupted by the approaching of a young woman, attention shifting to her so she could settle her gaze on her as she was addressed. It took only a few moments for Morgan to become aware of the fact her eyes were well...not eyes, nor was her hair really hair. And from the context clues available to her, she felt safe to put money on the fact that this was L.A's own A.I, how fortuitous. "You're more than welcome to join us. I don't think any of my companions would mind, at any rate." She offered a hand out to the young woman and offered a very small smile to match. "I'm Morgan, a pleasure to meet you. You wouldn't happen to be Mia, would you?" She glanced back towards the corner booth she had been regarding before ultimately deciding that'd be the best place to go. "Does that corner booth there sound acceptable to everyone?"
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka

Damnation

Caroline gave a small nod and a slight tip of the hat in thanks for the invitation to take a seat, approaching into the campsight and settling down on the ground, one leg propped up so her knee was in the air, and the other flat across the ground. Resting an arm on her knee, she watched as 'Presentia' arrived and the creeping feeling around her left. "'Preciate y'all being the hospitable sort, Lurker. Don't mind using your cover names to address you, so don't worry about real names." Reaching up to grab her rain-soaked hat she flicked it out to the side in order to shake the water off of it, and repeating the process one more time before donning it on her head again. "I'm not here for hostilities anyways, nor am I in a rush to get going back into the pouring rain. So I can wait."

A dry chuckle escaped Caroline at the woman's explanation, tipping her hat back with her thumb a bit. "All due respect miss, you picked a pretty damn poor time to come riding into L.A. From the sounds of things, the O.A is being seen again which has people even more on edge, and heroes are included in that. I ain't selling y'all short, but I feel like you showing up to do anything is just asking for even more trouble with everyone on high alert. And if the O.A decides you being in their city bothers them, you'll probably get killed. This isn't me disregarding any of your skill sets, but from what I've heard, those folks aren't a joke."
613e61de30458ff240a8da28e02af69a.jpg

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

addison.pngAddison Soleil
"Psshhh," Addison sounded, "As though I even could. Don't worry, your secrets are safe for now. All I hear for general thoughts is like... white noise on an old tv. I'm not good enough at filtering out one thing from another. Alas, it seems there's no crime drama sleuthing in my future. I can't be like a tv psychic, finding the killer by searching minds." She laughed and grinned at the thought, "Anyway," she paused as the food was finished, eager to bite into it, and as such poked around at it on her plate as she waited for it to cool down enough.

"Right... anyway, what was I going to say?" she tilted her head in thought, "Oh, yeah, right. So I met a girl earlier that sounded like she could be as short as you! I was surprised to hear her talking up to me instead of down. I'm not exactly tall, myself. She's a new transfer student. Super sweet, from our short conversation. Dual majoring between biology and like... what was it? Some applied psychology thing. Not my major, but a smaller, more specific major. Maybe you'll meet her. You'll have to tell me what you think if you do. As I said, she seems sweet, but I also get a weird uncomfortable feeling from her. I dunno."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Raum
Diner | "Two monsters make the best of friends.

Raum watched in amusement at the dragon before him play with a rubber band. A 7000 year old dragon, mind you. That said, different creatures matured differently, and he didn't particularly mind. If anything, he found the dragon's childish antics amusing. At Visvian's fixation on the fact that she was not human, Raum grinned. "No, you are not," Raum replied. "From what I've seen, you are a Celestial Dragon, far more fearsome than any other dragon. To be honest, your existence, given time, will inevitably become a threat to humanity. Creatures such as dragons like you, and demons such as I are monsters through and through in the eyes of humans."

Am amused chuckle escaped his lips. "It seems you've really forgotten all of your past but your name. I wonder, if you had the opprtunity, would you want your memories back, even if I told you that they were painful?" Raum looked away from Visvian, letting her ponder. Perhaps it wasn't the right question to ask a young girl, but it was one of Raum's bad habits to talk too much.

Raum's attention slowly fell upon the others at the diner. Most were ordinary humans, save for one group with some pale-skinned, humanoid reptilian creature. And there was his other bad habit; using his ability on unsuspecting victims, watching their lives flash before his eyes. He did so for every single person in his line of vision, with the only indicator of his ability being used an unsettling feeling of a gaze being cast upon them that would be felt by the particularly observant victims. There seemed to be a plethora of colorful personalities gathered in one place, and at one booth, no less. "And they called me a monster," Raum chirped happily to himself, looking away and back at Visvian. "It seems we are not the only monsters present, and we are not the 'worst' ones by a long shot," he said, laughing to himself.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving (mentioned ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten )

Last edited:
vice.pngVice
Vice yawned as the two of them talked, tail curling around herself until its fluffy mass sat in her lap. She was sleepy. "'mokay," she muttered, words blurring into one as she looked towards the freezer, "Oh great... dead body... I feel like that's a little unsanitary, but let's be honest, it doesn't actually matter. They hope I'd be surprised by it, though, and joke about it in their chat... Anyway, why's it damaged? Can't hold your form well enough? Nyarlathotep just kinda takes whatever form he likes and doesn't really possess things, so I'm not used to that issue."

"How old are you, anyway? Not counting James... am I the youngest person in this whole group?" Vice grimaced a little, ears flattening just a bit, "I'm only a little over 500... ugh. I'm gonna be like the littlest sister or something. They won't pick on me for that, I hope?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Deus Vult and Thomas

Parry and thrust and slash and hack, the dangerous game of death played by two swordsmen that resulted in one player losing their life. The paladin was a worthy opponent with the blade, but the crusader had seen multiple crusades and went into the depths of hell itself on his own mission, a single paladin would not be enough to lay him low. "Ginter Bennet, know this! While you may fall here, your daughter shall find your blade in her hand, and you shall find your redemption!" Parrying a thrust one last time, he swung swift and true, blade biting deep into the paladin's side so that he fell to the earth dead. Flicking his blade at his side to clean it of blood, the sword was sheathed and the shield doffed as he approached the fallen man's body, collecting his sword. Holding his free hand, palm out, in the direction of the paladin he spoke, voice level and demanding. "Rise, your duties are not yet done, but redemption has found you!"
8de9463278a87bd25a062c95436d47eb.jpg

------------------------

Thomas gave a dry laugh at the comment of that thing being in a good mood. "I think the more accurate term is he was more pissed at something that wasn't Axiom. I don't think that monster knows how to be in a good mood." He gave a small nod at Axiom calling Tabby brave, another dry chuckle escaping him. "She doesn't get paid enough for this position. All it takes is Beast deciding he's not going to play along with someone, and people end up hurt or dead...It's why Tabby isn't the first one to do this job." Thomas wasn't trying to be depressing, but by his very nature at this point, it seeped into everything he said. Turning his attention towards the tunnel he gave a shrug, a scowl on his face. "We're onto something the O.A doesn't want us near. Which means this is a bittersweet victory. We can probably see them ramping up efforts to stop us at every turn now, and amping up efforts to damage the city and the fragile system between supers and non-supers...How are you guys going to get the O.A kid to talk?" The latter end of the question was directed towards Tabby, an eyebrow quirked.
latest

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back