• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mazok get's out of the car. new helm glowing on his head as he looked at this roman man, then to his own men. "disable the van, minimize damage to the area.. god knows there's already enough." as the orks nodded and gunned the engine, seeking to ram the van as mazok approached the warrior, drawing a massive revolver and his Choppa. approaching the roman with a gnawing bloodlust in his eyes. "so.. i'm assuming all this isn't for the sake of attention from the super community as that van evidences.. so.. you wanna do that whole 'evil monologue' thing.. or am i going to have to cut loose with my choppa?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Damnation

God, if there was one thing she hated about this city, is that its weather was bipolar as hell. Nice and sunny one day, frigid and storming the next. Made her miss home, where at least it stuck to a routine. Sure it was hot as shit nine times out of ten, but there was a routine to be followed. If it rained, it was rarely this bad. Tipping her hat back a bit with her thumb she glanced towards a couple who were staring from beneath a canopy, giving them a small nod of recognition. It was like folks had never seen a gunslinger before..or maybe the looks were over her open carrying a revolver on her hip. Whatever the reason, she didn't really care. What she did care about was that her entire attire was soaked through to oblivion...this is why she could never wear a tee-shirts in this city. Not that they were her style, but she liked to not be limited to what she was allowed to wear without putting on a show.

Flipping out her phone she stared at the screen, the GPS specifically. She was almost there, she figured. She was tired of walking anyways, and she certainly didn't care if people watched. A set of fiery wings shot from her back, raindrops sizzling and evaporating as they made contact with them. This caused a small group to stumble back, to which she huffed a bit. "Y'all, I'm not that dumb. I'm not gonna take off with you lot right around me." The wings flapped once, sending her upright into the air before she started her flight towards the outskirts and to finally close the distance between her and the Death Knights that were causing concern just by...fuck, existing she supposed?
613e61de30458ff240a8da28e02af69a.jpg

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

DB4EF4B0-9133-448B-BD63-A8FE79C2BEE4.jpeg
Sirius
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Sirius enjoyed every moment of their embrace till she felt the warmth of Zaphkiel fade as she pulled away. Watching the angel with almost longing eyes as she sat up and her wings disappeared. Seeing her shiver Sirius reacted almost immediately and sat up with her, gently grabbing the sheets and sliding close to Zaphkiel. Laying them over her shoulders and gently wrapping her shivering body in them. She froze just a little when Zaph entwined her hand in Sirius’s. Bringing her own blush to her cheeks as she listened to her sweet voice. ‘I will not deny you my affection.’ The words rang in Sirius’s mind and a stuck as she she looked over her blushing red face.

A gentle smile slipping onto her lips as she watched Zaph take a drink of the coffee before handing it to her. Gently she took it with her free hand her eyes dancing over the cup with a bashful look at the thought, an..... indirect kiss with Zaph. It was heart racing in embarrassment as she glanced to Zaph then to the cup before she took a sip of her own. Letting the soft warmth flow down her throat as she leaned into Zaph with a happy smile. Unable to help herself as she rested her forehead against the side of Zaphkiels head, her nose gently pressed against her cheek. She just couldn’t help it. The feeling of Zaph so close to her was addicting. Sirius almost refused to let her go as she sat like that for a moment before handing Zaph the coffee and standing up. Letting go of Zaph’s hand and moving to stand in front of her Sirius reached out and cupped the angels cheeks. Holding her and lifting her head to meet Sirius’s eyes as she spoke.

“If we have little time. Then let us not wait a moment longer ok.” She whispered as the thumb of her right hand gently rubbed Zaph’s cheek before she pulled it away. Grabbing her phone Sirius dialed a number and brought the phone to her ear, all without taking her eyes off the angels. “Vendor It’s me. We need to meet up.” She said softly as the other side of the phone call picked up. Her smile growing just a little more as she listened before nodding.

“We are on our way.” She said before hanging up and putting the phone back down and going back to holding Zaph’s cheeks. “Come now. Let us get you what you seek ok.” She said softly before letting go of Zaph. Her heart still raced as she gently grabbed ahold of Zaph’s hand once more. Entwining there fingers and gently pulling Zaph to her feet. “Let’s get you dressed so we can go ok. You are free to wear whatever you want from my closet. My home is yours ok.” Sirius said to her, wanting Zaph to feel safe and at home here.​

Last edited:
Viona

as the rain skidded about her helmet Viona turned around to corvus and Anthony. "our ride has arrived." she chimed. As through the rain pulled up a six door Black audi, the driver silently got out. A simple nod of acknowledgement to Viona, Corvus, and anthony. He opened the door for them. Viona getting in one of the Middle seats. "Dont worry. The drivers cool. He just never talks. I stopped questioning it after a while. Any time i chose "no questions asked" on the uber app. He showed up. I got use to it." Viona patted the seat. "Sorry about the rain dude. Ill give a good tip. now come on guys hop in. Were going to the mountains. Its the best place for being far away from people!" she said smiling. The driver stood silently in the rain. Looking at corvus and Anthony. Patiently waiting for them to get into the car. He harbored no ill will.

2017-audi-a8-l-extended_100551834_h.jpg

25fbcacf313fc8eba494e4cb84fde6d0--art-drawings-anime-guys.jpg

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

tabby.pngThe Crater
"You shouldn't have to go through anything more today, Thomas. It's okay," Tabby comforted, rubbing his arm with a smile, "You did great. As smooth as we could have hoped for."

Her thoughts and chatter with Thomas were interrupted shortly afterward by a large paladin-looking man on a fancy ghost horse that rode right up to them. She had to remind herself to shut her mouth she was so confused by what she was looking at. "Um... hello, sir... I... have to assume you're here for the callout about the dark paladin?" she asked. She knew she probably should ask for some sort of identification but... uh... this guy looked a little crazy and intimidating. "Situation is as such... We were exploring the OA tunnels discovered nearby. Axiom encountered a strange monster, and from this strange monster came a dark paladin of some sort. He was speaking in old English, half even in a language Axiom didn't know. Given the description, it's unknown if that man is there willingly or is being controlled, but either way, he needs out of the way."

"The tunnels past this paladin were collapsed with an explosion not long ago. That's all the intel we currently have, but we have captured one member and are going to question him once he's conscious," Tabby swallowed a little as she finished explaining. This dude was so tall! And he looked like a friggen templar knight, "If he's being controlled somehow, please be careful. I... we wouldn't want you to get controlled too."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Quasar

She took a few deep breaths as she straightened up, trying to collect herself. Her getting pissed wasn't going to get her anywhere...besides maybe an aneurysm since she was purely biological now. That'd be an unpleasant way to go, ironic as it might be. Looking at the completed puzzle cube in her hand she frowned, shoving it into her pocket and into her inventory. "Sorry...I just really hate this shit. You ever have a person in your life who makes you act really stupid and pissed just by them talking to you or them egging you on? Or have a situation that really bothers you? That's this for me. I'm usually far more professional, please don't let this paint a bad picture of me."

Looking around at the remnants of the park around them she paused, rubbing the back of her head. "We have to find the key, so I suppose we should get on that..." She rubbed her temples for a moment, sighing. "If we walk around aimlessly we'll never get anywhere. Do you have any idea's, Wolf? I don't have access to any of my tech, so I can't preform an area sweep like I'd like. Do you have any...I don't know...magic for this?"
1601131336415-png.786069

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Thomas Black and Deus Vult

Thomas gave a small nod towards Tabby, a very small smile on his face. "Appreciate the vote of confidence...no one died, so...that's a plus." His line of thought was cut short at the sound of hoofs on the ground, only to take an instinctual step back away from would-be danger as the knight approached, a hand snatching Tabby's arm to tug her back as well. It wasn't his place to talk or give orders but...this guy gave him the impression of someone who wasn't here to 'rescue'...why did he look like a medieval knight anyways? Better question, was that a fucking ghost horse!?

--------------------

The crusader gave a slow nod, fist clutching the stirrups of his steed. "Correct. I am here to remedy the affront to God." He sat atop his steed silently as Tabby gave her sit-rep. The paladin was under another influence? Then that only gave him more reason to end their accursed life. Only through their death would they be redeemed, and saved from a life of eternal damnation. To bend your knee to one you did not recognize was sovereign was a stain upon your name and your pride. "If he speaks the tongues of old, then he knew it first hand or was taught it when young. Speak to your captive when you please, it concerns me not. I am for the disgrace, no more and no less. Do not fear for my will, I serve none but heaven." He spurred the horse on again, charging back up the crater as if it was easy...and straight towards Axiom.
8de9463278a87bd25a062c95436d47eb.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Plasma Rex
At: Splendid Gem (Jewelry Store)
Open​

It was a normal day at Splendid Gem, a jewelry store with merchandise that only those of high society could afford. Though buying the jewelry was not on the mind of a man who drove up in a van in front of the store. The man was in black armor with an orange visor. This of course made the security of the store suspicious. One of the guards was headed out to see who the man. The guard opened the front door, the man in armor got out of his truck. "Hey buddy what are you..." the guard said before a laser blast hit him in the chest and knocked him back. The blast was enough to knock him back but not enough to go through deep and kill him, only leaving destroy the clothes on the spot shot and leaving a bad burn.

"In this day of age, I would have more than one guy come out to check suspicious activity, but hey budget cut are a pain I guess. Cutting corners and such to make an extra buck" the armored man joked grabbing a duffle bag from his car. "So I got a few minutes before the police they obviously call show up, so lets the smash and grabbing began," the armored man said quickly rushing into the build, before blasting another guard. Then he began the fun part, as the customers and employees ran, he quickly smashed cases and began loading up the duffle bag with jewelry, trying to make it to back to where kept the really good stuff.

Diadem

Diadem Glared at the group before commentating. "as long as the idiot is within my castle he is Shardaken lucrum. the disappointment of a son. You can have him back as a general when you leave my abode." He sat back on his throne ignoring the furball. If his granddaughter had it as a pet then he wouldnt mind its actions for now. Perhaps if ruru discarded it it would make a nice coat. "as for Chrysalia... If she really is there i would begin with Looking around areas of high magical energy. As well as local criminal hide outs. She has a talent for bending criminals to her will." He began to think as he tapped his cane on the ground. The floor itself rising into a table. then blood crawling up creating a 3d model of La. "I rarely pay attention to that pathetic rock you call a realm. But i at least keep up with the geography." after saying that he focused on the mpa, trying to piece information together.

"im sorry to inform you mutt, but Your plan will require us to wait around for a few hours. If you want the lord of the castle to leave. Preparations must be done. Without him, this castle will literally collapse. And from What ive seen you haven't funneled any excess magic to be stored in the castle." His words were coated in poison as he kept a face of adamant disgust towards his father. True enough. Shardakens words rang true. this entire castle was solely held up by Diadems magic, and if he left. it wasonly a matter of minutes before it returned to its liquid state. To stop this, he would have to flood mana into the castle itself. A process which could take hours to complete.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Sariel - Stadium

Nothingness felt peaceful around my presence. Calm and familiar; the insides of my being were seldom troubled nowadays. Oh, I still had a truly nasty temper, but I'd learned to keep it leashed. Thank you for that, Za'. My sister had always been the more balanced of us both. I thought of a small breath, and wisps of whiteness slithered in my perception. Beneath my notice, or my interest, at least. I only cared for what was in front of me. A large, pulsating sphere of a myriad colours - red and gold and black, silver and blue and white - like a giant transparent marble veined with every hue of those and looking like a world on the brink; irregular fragments of dark brown something kept separate by flowing rivers of undiscernable tint flaring and ebbing and flowing, thrumming along my beating heart. It was beautiful; even the ideas I could conceive beyond words were not enough to describe it. It felt like a star and like two, like a pearl shattered and remade, like an oath and like love unforgiving. It was roiling with tendrils of power, wafting off the hollow frame like a solar flare, purple and grey and gold, drawing uncountable shapes in the form of spells, wishes, memories and many more things that even I did not understand in full. It was a miracle paid for with the first treachery in the name of love and kinship, and the weight of that sacrifice had lent much power to the sheer disrespect to the laws of existence that this thing was.

1601851945906.png
But for gods like those who had forged my soul, laws were more like guidelines. What was writ in stone for mortals could be mere drawings in the sand for beings of their magnitude. And those three never were very far. I could feel them, orbiting at the edge of my soul's attraction. Their own souls, and their own power, older and greater than all I could imagine. Oh, I could rival them, if only for a while, but I could never equal them in truth; the false godhood I could achieve paled before the intensity of the primordial power of dingir - sumerian deities were the firstborn of Earth's pantheons, and the roots of their divinity ran deeper in every way than any other. Their will could mold miracles and cataclysms from specks of dust, and their power was so complex that I couldn't even fathom it.

It was with those reflections of godhood that made intangible and undecipherable patterns of thought and calculation appear on the edge of my consciousness that I brought my mind to touch the rim of my soul. As usual, nothing happened. It was, after all, my very own soul, even if it did not exist how it should originally have. The only noticeable effect was the power coursing through me from it. It felt purer, rawer than when I drew on it from "outside". Here, I was touching the very source of my power, and the sensation was like diving in a chilly mountain stream; scouring but also purifying and giving clarity of mind. And so I took the dive, my perception of my body dissolving to allow me to further merge with the contents of my soul. After that, words were too much and not enough to express how it felt/

Ingress - entry, merge, fusion, abandon, regression... regression ? regression. Return to the source, simplification towards the one.
/
Delve - burrow, unravel, uncover, unveil, calm and clarify. Attain the source.
/
Embrace - fraying, pulling at the seams, unfold and reform, beyond the form, retain the concept
/
Comprehend - Quantify... No. Quantification is anathema to the miraculous. Meaning is within will, not thought. Instinct. Forgo superior reflexion abilities.
/
Cracks - Shell, hollow. Cannot merge, shattered. Blur the confines ? Assert contents before unification. Reach.
/
Fragment - Sliver. Part of the whole yet not integrated. Wrong. Edge, sharp. Side above, smooth, drawn. Side beneath, rough. Purpose ? Motion, desire. Will to live.
/
Expand - Infuse, power. Drag, touch another. Purpose ? Motricity, rhythm. Vital functions. Merge ? Correlated. Merge.
/
Define - Spur, approach, overlap, imbricate. Life is motion, survival is continuation. Deduce.
/
Extrapolate - Statement, invert. Life is motion, survival is continuation. Inverted... Death is stillness, demise is cessation. Progress ?
/
Analyze - Progress... figment of imagination, shard of willpower. Utmostly miniscule. Remains, infinity. Groundbreaking progress. Truth, ascertained ?
/
Query - Stillness means death ? Query... Sleep means stillness. Untruth. Death means stillness, statement not reversible... Truth... Axiom. Absolute. Ingrain.
/
Recover - The truth of existence is continuation and cessation means loss of meaning. Death is absolute. End ? End.

/Something was poking at my mind, interrupting my work. With an effort of will, I coalesced my consciousness again. The whole thing had taken what felt like an eternity or two, and barely two seconds had passed. I had started working on fixing my soul about fifteen hundred years ago; the three gods of the Covenant might have woven it anew to prevent its collapse, the fact remained nonetheless that it was not as it should be. It was fragmented, unwhole. It was only stable, but that was a meager boon compared to the risks I incurred when manipulating my power. I reintegrated my body, and started by sighing loudly.

"Sister ?"

Zaheel's voice. I opened my eyes. She was there, sitting by my side in our room. Looking at me with her usual expression of mild concern. I sighed again, and threw away the irritation I had felt. She felt what I was doing just like me, she would not have stopped me without a good reason. I looked at her, our eyes meeting, grey to purple and it was more intimate than anything else a mind could conceive. Every being is a kaleidoscope, and we all live on one facet. We cannot leave the side we are born on, lest we smooth the edges and reduce the number of facets. But between the both of us... The way we were linked to another allowed us to tread another facet of ourselves without blurring the reflections. We both had only one soul, and peering in each other's eyes was a window on an entirely different perception of reality. Not only that, but we also shared thought and meaning, allowing for silent conversations within the span of instants. And so we communed, while there was silence in the room.

"Michael warns of rising demon mana levels on Earth and wants you to investigate."

"Couldn't send a seraph for that ? Or even a peon ? Does he think that I got nothing better to do ?"

"He said, and I quote, "With Zaphkiel off the radar, I don't trust any of the others to deal with power of that magnitude." I think he was exaggerating though. I checked the levels, and I could have done it myself."

"So he just wants me out of the way. Let me guess, he's got another alert and he's monitoring the situation directly ?"

"Yes. Demon presence has risen in the same area recently."

"Which means we are to check for any correlation between the two events."

"Indeed."

"I doubt there is any, given the tendency for caution that the small ones tend to have, but since it's an order... Alright. Critical level ?"

"Ten seconds."

"FU-"

I dashed out of the room and into Heaven, nibbling at my reserves to reach the closest crossing point towards Earth. Seven seconds. Fucking Michael. I slunk through, making sure to keep the largest part of my power locked behind wraps on the other side, because if I didn't, I'd end up with a few nasty surprises on the earthen side of things. Five seconds. Mother-FUCKING Michael. Where the fuck was it ?

Reflect

Attention divided, objective unified. I needed to make the best use of my time, and it required a consciousness-splitting spell to do so. Scour the surface ? Too long. Megaspell ? Too dangerous. Populated areas ? Too broad. High powered activity ? Too broad still. Coastal or in plains. Five locations. Four seconds left. I swear before the eyes of gods, Michael, I will have your skin.

Teleport, streak - five.

Shanghai, five miles above the sea. Nothing. Three seconds.
Toronto, two miles underground, in a cave. Nothing. Two seconds.
Delos, six meters above the city, over a skyscraper. Nothing. One second.
Los Angeles, three inches above the last trace of demonic activity. Ah, there was a response. Zero second.

I felt the detonation go off from half a mile away, the wave of mana being released in the atmosphere like heat rippling through the air. I was too late. Fuck. I could feel the last teleport itching in the back of my mind, and with an effort of will, directed the translocation towards the detonation. The spell carved through space like a hot knife through butter, and with a flash of blackness, I was there. I felt the energy roaring up below me, and I looked down.

Okay seriously what the fuck. Had someone tried to reenact the Henderson Ice Rink except with a stadium instead of a rink and a demon instead of an elder god- anyway. The blast was coming towards me, but that wasn't an issue. The more pressing problem was the pulse of energy that had been emitted to the sides and was at risk of churning up most of the neighbourhood inhabitants included. I'd need to soak it up and release it in a harmless direction, but the one spell I had for that was too slow to cast. Unless I made the rest of the area too slow to escape my spell.

Skein, wind.

Time dampened and thickened, flowing slower in a large bubble that encased a couple of city blocks. No one inside the bubble would notice; they'd only see me passing by very quickly. I deployed a spell array, designed to absorb the energy that would flow through it and then return to me; the only issue with that one would be that the spell would collide with me on its way back. Eh. Not a problem. A circle of white energy descended upon the building, and the fabric of space roiled with the unspent energy of the aftershock. With a flash, the spell jolted back up towards me, the circle shrinking as it approached me. I teleported myself twice as high, and the spell exploded, releasing in the atmosphere a ring of kinetic energy that overheated the surrounding air, creating a crown of lighting around me as I -

Unwind

Descended towards the only two people I could identify in the stadium and the attack dissipated before reaching me. I quickly pondered how to address them. "Fear not", maybe, something classic ?
Eh. I'd rather get to the point directly. And so it was with a disgruntled tone that I spoke in the shaken air of the stadium

"What in the seven fucks are you two doing ?"

Sariel Descent.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Axiom was suddenly anxious from the knight trodding his direction on what appeared to be a spectral horse.How exactly is he riding it? He didn't know. He never knew when it came to the spiritual aspects of the universe. He'd like to though as this was all still very interesting to him. Seeing there's still somethings he'd like to know about the world beyond his little bubble "home". What could he think? There was a LITERAL knight riding on a ghost horse! Axiom's seen plenty of bizarre things as an agent but even such images as this still amaze him. Axiom refocus' his train of thought and figured that Deus Vult would probably want him to step aside from the tunnel entrance to make way for him. Axiom gives Deus Vult a casual salute and takes a few steps aside and points to the tunnel opening. "The knight obstructing the mission is down there. I suppose, I shouldn't have to warn you about his magics or the tight space but hopefully, you can succeed where I couldn't."
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

shield.jpgShield
"Sugar gliders die at the drop of a hat, not exactly fitting," he teased back, "annnnnnd... yeah, they piss off a lot of people. Cianan especially." He ducked into an alley with Natalie as soon as he could find one and leaned against the building, staring up at the rain unblinking, "So how messy do you think this'll get? I'm not selling you short, by the way. I'm just worried about you like I would be most people. I'm always the most durable in the room, so I've kinda gotten accustomed to being worried about everyone else."

He sighed softly when the hellmobile inevitably appeared, "I swear if we keep this up I'll end up needing a sidecar. I don't suppose you have GPS on this thing so I'll just give you directions to the house. Like I said though... I'm staying outside."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Enzo~
Hotel

1601859864856.png Enzo was trembling. Not from the absolute mind fuck that the detective did, but from sheer rage. He really had gotten sloppy, he had forgotten that there were other supers out there. Ones that weren't on his side. Not that Zaph really is either. He wanted to reach out and do something. It was at times like these that he wished that his powers were less passive. He would've loved to just bash in Marshall's skull. Or maybe that little side piece of his. He wondered what sort of expression Marshall would make if she died. Dark thoughts continued to tumble through Enzo's mind before waning at the woman's smile. For a second, it reminded him of Abigail. Shaking his head of the uselessly warm thoughts, an idea struck him. Abigail was a hero, or at least, one that was in training. She could get him out, couldn't she? For some reason, the thought made him cringe. He was desperate to escape this situation, but at the same time he was reluctant to tell Abigail.

What if she thought less of him?

Groaning out loud, a headache formed. Watching the little girl following them suddenly eat her tablet, the pain spiked. Son of bitch, they're probably related. Fucking freakshows eating shit that was definitely not edible. It abated as she seemed to return to a more human state but their conversation only made the throbbing in his head worse. "I think," he started, "That I shouldn't say anything without a lawyer." Getting a good lawyer in this city would be easy, and with his bank account funding one would be child's play. He didn't need Zaph to save him and he didn't need to drag Abigail into this either. He might have to look into leaving the city for a while afterwards though. Sticking around somewhere where they were suspicious of him would only end in trouble. Unless I can get rid of them...

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Marshall and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Sylvia and Dunnie))

[] Sun Jin []
The Renewal Martial Artist
Splendid Gem

With a heavy yawn, the Chinese martial artist known as Sun Jin laid back on the rooftop he decided to occupy. Having spent the morning just getting some training in, he was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon. He was sheltered from the thunderstorm in the dark gray sky by a thin shield of white energy hovering just above his body while he laid down. Interrupting nap time was the blaring static of his radio, the thing he used to keep track of where he was needed. As the reports came in, the robbery at Splendid Gem was the thing closest to him that he was able to take care of. He stood up, the energy barrier raising with him as a pseudo-umbrella as he stretched.

“Well.....time to stop a robbery,” Jin said with a smirk as he leapt off the rooftop and left a crater. He bounced from rooftop to rooftop before landing outside the shop. He casually stretched his arms above his head before taking notice of the men in the shop.

“You know you gotta pay for that, right?” Sun Jin playfully teased.
ChazGhost ChazGhost

addison.pngAddison Soleil
"I swear, I can probably hear you from across the whole city with how loud you are," Addison groaned from the bedroom, swinging her feet off with a sigh. She made her way into the kitchen, "Ramen? Really? I buy decent food for us for a reason. It's not much, but my disability can pay for at least that. There are no greens in a packet of ramen. It's all just carb goop loosely shaped into noodles."

She sighed and leaned against the counter beside Mary, "Though, to be fair, the pizza I had earlier isn't really all that good for you either. I'll make us something decent for dinner so we can say we had at least one good thing today."

"I was listening to the police radio while I was doing some writing on the computer - it's always interesting in LA. Never a dull moment. Nothing near the school right now, but there was a bank robber, some dark paladin thing at the OA Crater, a jewelry robber... among other things. Makes me wonder if there'll ever be peace here or some semblance of it at least. Heroes work so hard... at least... some of them do... but it feels like it barely makes a dent. I don't know if they just need to work harder at it and stop caring about the media's opinion of them, or... what?" Addison sighed once more, a common, soft sound for her, "At least put an egg in your ramen."

Antonii.jpgAnthony
Anthony chuckled. He had been asked to pick a location for her, but it seemed that she had her own ideas of where she wanted to go. The mountains sounded wonderful.

"My good sir," he said once seated in the car, "Perhaps you could take us to Big Bear in particular? They have a wonderful resort up there, and given this storm system, they may even have snow up there. After all, they do have skiing. Viona, I think you'll quite like it if you've never been to it before. It's a bit of a drive from here, but I can pay for the extra if that's a problem."

He was unphased by the driver's apparent lack of words. Perhaps he was a mute, or perhaps he just took his job very seriously. Either was respectable. He turned his attention to Corvus again as they began their drive, a hand going to hold hers, "So my dear Corvus! Please do continue to regale me of these people. You said they had interesting religious ideas about the solution to the plague they faced? And as for the rosary, yes, I would say one that catches their eye should away any fears far quicker... though I do like your current cross, personally. I think if they saw a true demon, they'd not even realize it was one. All they have are ideas of how one might look... almost like a small child and their imagination."

Personally, he believed in his Roman gods, but he respected the Christian god and those beliefs that popped up over the years. If it made someone feel safe and didn't hurt others, then he felt there was no harm in believing whatever one wanted.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

sean.jpgAda and Sean
It took perhaps a bit longer than he expected it to, but Casey eventually managed to lose the guards in his little competition of cars. That driver they had swapped to, Raul, was impressive at it, even in a larger vehicle like that. Alas, traffic was easier to snake through in a smaller sedan, and that was ultimately their downfall. The other drivers on the road probably thought both parties were nuts, though.

"Pffft, you're cute. Sure you'd accept it, but I'd get calls every day like 'did you remember this?' or 'did you remember that?', all the way down to 'did you eat today?' You'd be a mess without me," she teased, grinning at her dad, "Nah, working with him would be way better than working alone anyway. Maybe I'd own a library as a little base for when I'm not on a job though, just to make him give me that look again. Heh."

"Anyway," she continued, looking at the old shut down San Onofre Power Plant. They had made a decent time. He was trying to lose the others, after all, so it made sense. "So San Diego has a famous zoo, don't they? Like one of the biggest in the US?"

Sean nodded, "Mhm. If you combine their two locations together, anyway. They do a lot of breeding programs for critically endangered animals, and have a lot of success with it."

"Neat," Ada mused, still looking out the window as they passed the plant, looking at the ocean just past it as well, "Oh, interesting question. So with your time stop power... like... is it actually stopping time, or is it just slowing it down so much it looks like it's stopped?"

"I guess moreso the second. If something moves incredibly fast, then it's not stopped. A falling object will still, very very slowly, fall. For most objects and people though, it's basically stopped. It slows more than your brain can register it, in most cases. I've had a speedster hit my little bubble once, and they were so fast they just slowed to what would be normal walking speed. They were super startled," Sean explained, clearly a bit amused, "tripped and stumbled because of it. I was only using it because I don't like being rushed in a busy store."

Ada grinned, "Oh that sounds like that could be used for sooooo many things. That's awesome. I'll have to see what's faster, that or my reflexes!"

Deus Vult

The mounted knight charged towards Axiom, stopping just short of him as he urged his steed to a halt. Staring down at the male silently, the knight slowly dismounted from the spectral horse which just as quickly faded out of existence without its rider atop it. "Your warning is appreciated, but I need it not. I will handle the disgrace and be done with it, that is why I am here." At either side of the entrance shimmered into existence two knights armed with a halberd, standing at stalwart attention and silent. "Ensure I am not interrupted. I will need no aid, others would only get in the way." The knights gave a nod of understanding as Deus Vult marched forward into the tunnels, donning his shield and unsheathing his blade. This, of course, left Axiom alone with two ghost knights who didn't seem to care that he was there.
8de9463278a87bd25a062c95436d47eb.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

SoulFlare

"Bah, fine. How about tortoise? Those are cute, and they're hardy. Perfect fit, don't you think? Don't get me started on your uncle though, I'm tempted to give him an impromptu sex change with one swift kick." Ducking into the alleyway with Darren and stretching her arms above her head a moment she glanced at him, giving a shrug. "Can't tell you. SoulFlare tries to limit casualties. Haven't had to deal with your family before, so I guess we'll find out when we get there. Appreciate the concern, but don't worry too much." Natalie flashed him a smile as her body was wreathed in flame, hair burning away and flesh sloughing off like melted plastic only to burn away as well. Clothes caught fire, only to turn into SoulFlare's standard attire. After the transformation was complete she brought a hand up, flexing it slowly before swinging her arm to her side, the hellcycle appearing in a bonfire. "Get on. I'm not manifesting a sidecar, you'll ride like anyone else would have too. Feel free to give directions. What is their name, and their job? What do they do in the states?" Mounting the cycle she unceremoniously snatched Darrens wrist, tugging him on and driving out of the alley and onto the road.
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Plasma Rex
At: Splendid Gem (Jewelry Store)
Thawne Thawne

The man in armor sighed as grabbed one more hand full of jewels to put into the duffle bag. "Oh no I didn't, I thought it was free sample day today. My mistake, you think if I put the sh*t back they would forgive me?" the man said being very sarcastic. "Anyways... F*** off" the man said raising his palm up and fired a laser blast at the want to be hero. "Unless you want to be burn or worse, I recommended leaving. I'm not known to hold back well against heroes." the man added trying to intimidate the hero.

Last edited:
Detective Marshall

Adam glanced at Dunnie, giving a deep frown. "Hey, we talked about that. No lovecraftian shenanigans, it's bad for humans to see that stuff. I can get away with it, others can't." As they all piled into the car, Enzo got the backseat with Dunnie, while Sylvia got shotgun. "Glad you didn't throw up, or have an anyeurism. I'm sure you have a headache though, we should have Tylenol at the precinct if you want any. As for what he did, I have reason to believe he's the cause of a string of robberies at the hotel, so we'll be holding him for a bit." Hearing Enzo say he'd rather talk to a lawyer first Marshall gave a small shrug. "Suit yourself. Sylvia, can you go get a warrant filed after we get to the precinct? I'd rather not leave Mister Sauce alone...last thing I need is to have him 'convince' one of the guys or gals that he shouldn't be in holding." Marshall was on pretty good terms with most of the judges in the area, meaning his warrant shouldn't take long to get put through filing and approval. A couple hours, a day at most perhaps. They had enzo for seventy-two hours, and even if he got a lawyer they could still hold him. "Take Dunnie with you. Dunnie? No Lovecraft while you're with Sylvia, got it? Just...act like a human. A normal human child. Can you please do that?" Marshall started the car and started off, intent on getting to the precinct in short order.
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Mary Moon

"I'm not that baaad," she complained, continuing to search through the cabinets. "I know, I know. Ramen, really. Listen, it's easy to make and it's quick. I don't feel like putting in a ton of effort for a meal, and at least it's somewhat filling! I can add greens if you want. I think we have a spice jar of chives." Opening another cabinet for what felt like the dozenth time she found her ramen packet, a small cheer escaping her. "Found it! Victory to clan Moon!" Getting a pot filled with water and ready to boil the noodles she glanced at her, eyebrow raising. "Oh yea? Well, we just have to have faith in the heroes. Not just them, but the authorities as well. Even before heroes, the world was a bit of a mess from what I know. A lot of them try their hardest, but as soon as one fire gets put out three more pop up...I think it's hard to ignore the media, as a hero. If there's a mob outside their house every other day because people hate them but they're super effective, they wouldn't be a hero for long, right?" She really wished she could rush out and help out some more but...she was with Addison now, and she wasn't going to be able to come up with a convenient excuse anytime soon. Besides, she already promised they'd hang out together, she couldn't flake....again.

"Alright, got it. Add an egg. Addison, you sound like my Mam sometimes...which I guess isn't too bad. Who knows what would happen if I was left alone...Probably forget to wear clothes at some point. Then again, how do you ever know if I'm dressed anyway? Is this a system based on faith, or can you smell my clothes? Like, does cotton stick out to you? These are the questions that keep me up at night. Things like 'would addison ever know if I was just in my underwear on a lazy day'. Also on how I keep running out of ramen, that one keeps me up a lot."
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1601937286775.pngThe Tunnels
The dark paladin, despite the explosion and the bits of rubble and dust that had settled on him, had not moved until the holy knight appeared. He brought up his blade once more, "Wuldorspêdig ¯ætan dôð wælhrêownes. Rûmmôdlic dubbian, êow ofsêon angelic hlêg magorinc râd Sôðcyning, yfel hopa êow tôcnâwan yfel mundian ðætte gâsthâlig geard oðtêon ðâs ðêah willa unnan an wulfhêafodtrêo sê. Yfel drîfan ne wilneswîgan êow."

"I feel upon thou blessings of another. Please giveth mine thou rank, knight. No matter the darkness of thine circumstances, tis an honour to fight one of mine own ilk. For glory of God be it, friend?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- (Loose translation: One more lamb to the slaughter. Good knight, you look like a man of God, so I hope you may understand I must protect this holy land from those that wish to cross it. I do not wish to fight you.)

Corvus

Corvus offered a calm nod towards their chauffer, climbing in with the others and sitting between the two, doctors bag and cane in her lap. "Whether the good sir speaks or not is of no problem to me. If you have faith in him, my own shall be placed with him as well." Turning her head a bit so that one of the bird masks eyes were leveled on Anthony she gave a nod. "Justly so. They were modern by all means, but they put too much faith in prayer. They thought that if they simply prayed, the plague would lessen. And they preferred to pray as a group thusly spreading the sickness. Truly, even my own city wasn't quite that naive. As for my rosary, I couldn't dare part with it even if I thought it would make others more at ease. It is as much a part of me as it is a part of the doctor's code of dress. I must agree, they wouldn't know a demon if they saw one I suspect. I have seen a few, and even cured their ailments. Angels as well. They are not always as one would suspect they should appear." Turning her head so she could put focus on Viona she tilted her head a bit. "You'll get wet outside of the suit, I realize. Is that fine with you? I don't have an umbrella I'm afraid."
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Casey Kemp

It took him longer than he wanted to lose them, but he pulled it off all the same. The field test proved to him one thing at least, the guards weren't run of the mill...they knew what they were doing. To keep pace in a large vehicle of that kind on a crowded freeway was nothing to scoff at, he'd give credit where it was due he supposed. He calmly reached out, gently knocking Ada on the shoulder with a fist before putting his hand back on the wheel. "Shush, you'd be a mess if I didn't catch up on you. Think your old man didn't care you were gone. This goes both ways." As Ada spoke to Sean about the specifics of his power, he filed the information away for reference. "We might end up arriving a little earlier than anticipated, as fair warning to both of you. Not that I think either of you mind, I'm just making good time."
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back