• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
BBC1BFD1-C672-4E8E-8412-23893062D11B.jpeg
Yami
Interactions: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Yami clung to Ruru when she caught it. Nuzzling into Ruru in fear. It wasn’t till the axe man was gone that it slowly started to look out. Glancing around the room cautiously before up to Ruru. A smile slipping onto its lips as it clung to the girl with its 4 hands. Yami’s attention was taken from Ruru when it heard the other girl speak. Turning its head to look at the girly curiously as she approached. Yami curled in Ruru’s arms shyly when the woman reached to pet her. A nervous baby like babble coming from Yami as it glanced between Ruru and Nadia. When Yami felt the girls hand On its head it looked over to Nadia, then realizing this woman didn’t mean it harm like the axe man yami reached up and grabbed her hand with a little squeal of joy and pulled the girls hand close. Looking over it curiously before grabbing a finger with its mouth and gently nibbling on it while looking between Nadia and Ruru with big innocent eyes.

Yami sucked on the girls finger for a mere moment before it saw that Ruru held the treat Yami wanted. Immediately pulling Nadia’s finger from its mouth it’s started to squirm happily in Ruru’s arm making happily little squeals and grunts as it reached all 4 of its arms for the treat, opening and closing its handsat the Parfait.​

Shade The Grim

He could only listen along silently, hand kept in his daughters the entire time. Months...how could he have not known, how could he have let this go one? Part of his rationale explained he couldn't have known, but the rest of him screamed he had no excuses to allow his family to suffer. Then he heard that this man...no, this insect, had slapped his daughter. His fist clenched on his leg, but he slowly released it. He had to stay composed, losing himself to rage wasn't what Angela needed right now, she shouldn't see him like that. But the more Angela explained, the more his own mind raved and raged. An inferno, a tempest, raged in his head, the likes of which if made manifest may have burned down the entire house.

He nearly broke when Angela said what this slime was doing to his wife, the emotional fire going super-nova inside him. White-hot fury, searing and unending, hungry for vengeance, and the urge to set things right consumed his insides. This insignificant bug would suffer, he would pay. He had lost his family by his own failures. He would not sit idly by while they suffered again. Despite the nova of flames going on inside him on a mental and emotional scale, he seemed eerily calm. He had to be, for his daughter. He studied the picture that Angela had drawn, every ounce of attention stuck on it as he studied it. Then came angela's concern, and his protective instincts kicked in again. An arm wrapped around her, pulling her close in a hug. "It's alright...I don't know, but you're going to be okay, I promise. Right, Jupiter?" He looked towards her, empty eye sockets seeking her confirmation, no...her thoughts that this would be fine and what it was. "Can you figure out what he was injecting her with? It sounds like he may be in an old apartment I know of, it was condemned several years ago. No one ever took it down though, claimed it was haunted...I may have been responsible for some of that. I needed a place to sleep some nights."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Family Rescue
Jupiter gave a small nod, keeping her personal comments quiet for the sake of the victim. Amy on the other hand did not have this discipline. She was horrified, brow knit and mouth slightly agape. What her father felt like... she shuddered at the thought. That didn’t help. He was terrifying. How he felt seemed as fluid as his form seemed to be... was this him angry? He looked so calm on the outside.

“What the fuck is wrong with that monster?” She questioned, knowing there was no answer, “The beast needs to get taken out back and shot.”

Angela’s head twitched in Amy’s direction, but after a brief moment of staring at her, she started softly laughing. It eased a little bit of the tension. “I think that’s probably what we’re all thinking,” she muttered, giving the other girl a small smile.

Jupiter let the calm hang in the air for a moment more before speaking up, arms folded across her chest, “I’m not a medic, unfortunately. Maybe a blood test would tell you what’s elevated? You could test for known drugs. The concern lies in if it’s something that would have ill effects if she missed a dose. If you have an idea where the true location may be, then by all means let’s deal with it. You know the city better than I, I imagine. You’ve been around so long... though I do imagine you’ll be reticent to leave your daughter’s side right now. Mm... we are at a bit of a crossroads. Angela needs to go to the hospital and get checked out, but we need to go save Jenny. Amy could, if you’re willing, take her to the hospital. That way, we can focus on the demon... but... obviously there is a bit of risk with that. We don’t know the demon’s location right now. We don’t know if he’ll try to catch her and drag her back. Amy has some defense training, but a high ranking demon would flatten her. Hell, without prep I’d be fucked too.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Car Crash
The boy, not understanding that the creature was trying to save him and his mother, cried even harder and shouted for his mommy. It took him a full minute or so to calm down enough to stop wailing, dimming to a soft whimper in Aia's arms. Though a little bruised and scratched, he was really unharmed thanks to that car seat of his. Though there were no immediate effects, the blood went into his mother's mouth without a problem. Being unconscious, she couldn't exactly swallow it, however. Instead, she began to aspirate the blood and sputter with little red bubbles. She was breathing, heart beating, but her lungs probably wouldn't appreciate liquid.

The boy said nothing to this, scared out of his wits, only able to watch with his little scrunched face of concern.

Luckily, as if on cue, one of the Tristan Industries Armored Ambulances rounded the corner at speed. The beast of a vehicle was practically a tank, armored, and always with at least one super on board with the staff. It was the most popular choice for a land ambulance in the metropolitan area. Within ten minutes, they had taken the mother away but asked the three heroes present to take the boy to the hospital for them. After all, a six-year-old wouldn't want to see their mother intubated. Still, he started crying again when they took her away.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Corsair - Devil's Tale bakery

Corsair sipped on her coffee, concentrating on the beverage to be able to feel its taste; the strong, pungent aroma crept up her tastebuds, crawling all the way from the tip of her tongue to the back of her mouth as the dark liquid that carried it flowed down her throat. As her senses heightened with concentration, she picked up something else. Lingering in the peaceful morning air of the bakery was another smell, sharper and more acrid. Blood. Rich, fresh, deeper than a human's. Corsair took another long sip then put down her cup, casting a quick side glance towards the back room. Definitely coming from there. Fixating her eyes on Narava once more, she asked in a serious tone, all motion gone from her clasped hands, her brow slightly furrowed.

"I might be oft-met with success. However. It is an undeniable fact that I do not always work on the side of the law, nor do I always work for immediate good. Sometimes, for a greater good to be achieved, small evils must be committed. More importantly, if you were to come and work under my orders, you might be ordered to do things that do not fit with your own morals. Let us be very clear on that point. If I give you an order, I expect you to follow it. That said, if you disobey and the outcome turns out to be better, it's all good; doesn't mean it should become an habit. Also, even if you got your powers from a god, I'll want proof that you have what it takes to be a hero before making my mind. Capiche ?"

After this small speech, her usual fidgetiness returned, and she couldn't help but glance at the back room briefly several times while waiting for Charlie's answer.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Shade The Grim

His attention jumped straight to Amy, the empty eyes of the mask boring into her. He wanted to say something, but Angela...he had to bite his tongue. Or not, it seemed. Hearing her agree earned a sigh of relief from him, his head nodding slowly. "I'm in agreement with that. I'm...far from okay with what's happened." Attention returned to Jupiter as she spoke up, words weighing heavy on him...risk assessment. There was choices to be made here...go back to his roots...what would he do back then? "...Amy will take her to the hospital...but they aren't going to walk there. They'd be a target that way, to easy to access...call one of the armored ambulances from Sherm Industries....don't try to sell me on the idea you can't, I'm well aware of the kind of pull you would hold, Jupiter. I trust your estate is warded against demonic entities, knowing you. They can wait here until the ambulance arrives, and in that time, we can move. The old hotel is a couple blocks away...but I can make it in minutes. I don't have to take streets or acknowledge buildings. It's a straight shot. I can get us there in short order, I know where we're going. The place is largely avoided now anyways...does this sound agreeable to all of you?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Devil's Tale Bakery
In the Devil's Tale Bakery, the crackle of a hero's radio was likely a familiar sound. Those things were a constant facet of much of LA, since heroes always had them on their person. That, and their hero license. They were the two requirements, like driving a car. In this instance, there was a strange report that just happened. An officer calling it in sounded... concerned, and more than a bit confused.

"Uh... dispatch? I'm not exactly sure what code this would be, but ah... there's a strange situation going on at... ah, I'm right near Clutter's Park. Next to LAX. There's this, I think they're a kid, running around threatening people with a sword like a maniac. I'd apprehend them, but they're some sort of spiky demon-looking red centaur. I think this is gonna need a hero. They've got no clothes on, they're covered in spikes, and they have wings. I don't wanna be racist and just assume they're a demon, but... I mean this is like... how demons look in pictures, except... centaur-ish," the officer stated, long-winded, but that was clearly not the first of his concerns at the moment, "They're only maybe the size of a large dog, obviously a kid, and I swear their big red sword is bigger than they are... but they're sure not swinging it like it is." The grumble of "I'm not getting paid enough for this" could be heard as a whisper in the background before the radio clicked off.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Shardaken Lucrum, Rurulian Von Lululian
D
evils Tale Bakery
tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpg

Shard carefully prepared a cup of hot tea for a customer. Steam rising from the brew in the porcelain cup before he listened to the radio. His eyes going wide as he listened to the radio. his eyes going wide as he listened to the radio description. "i-it cant be" he whispered to himself nearly dropping the cup. shaking some in disbelief he grabbed the box he left on the counter and delivered the tea, calmly he stopped by the two heroes. "pardon my intrusion. a stranger approached and asked for these to be delivered to you. He mentioned something of from one archer to another, and then left." he said cordially setting the box on the table before walking in the back room.

Ruru had smiled some as Nadia sat next to her, "yes, we are in our downtime. He said that when not in training to treat him equal. Mostly because his training can be considered....insane. My back still hurts from last months training. He took me japan and dropped me into the ocean while my hands were bound. telling me to arrive back in California by the next week using only my legs wings and tail. It was tiring... though I've gained a hatred of orcas now." she said glaring far off. Listening to her as she pet yami giving her the treat. "its adorable, and some voice told me I'd get stronger keeping it. that is my goal i guess. Get stronger." she murmured the last before hearing Nadia speak of her father. "My mother and father? I've never met them. Shard said they were killed and he found me in the wreckage of their home. Apparently they were colleagues of his, guess in a way hes been a father figure... though if CPS ever met him they would probably declare him public enemy number one." she turned back to Yami going quiet as Shard walked in, hurrying upstairs into the attic. "....whats got him so disheveled?" she wondered aloud

Shard went into his attic searching through crate and crate "where did I leave it." he grumbled looking through them before ripping one open. "ahhh here it is. I dont remember where i got it, but I know it works well." he said pulling a beautiful bow form the crate."6bd44a14ee298cf3660893ea4c32cace.pnglooking at it warmly he took the string off the bow and left the quiver in the crate. Taking the end of one of the arms of the bow and stabbing it into his thumb, pulling his thumb off letting the blood trail as it coagulated turning like a goo, he then gently stretched the blood to the other end of the bow and the blood goo turned tight, becoming a string for the bow. "now then..." he looked in a large cabinet and grabbed a Venetian Carnival mask and black suit putting both on quickly. HTB15XxEHpXXXXXbaFXXq6xXFXXXg.png9d7de397-554b-471a-9a7d-487b3a40703b.png"Grand dislocation" he chanted before disappearing from the attic. Energy gathering slightly on the roof of LAX before the disguised shard appeared. "It cant be... but I need to make sure" he thought to himself before jumping down effortlessly landing upon a tree branch within Clutters park. "where are you" he said calmly. Though his voice and actions were calm, his mind was a maelstrom of emotions and confusion. What was this, a centaur demon, covered in spikes with wings. The only thing in shards mind was the figure of his deceased wife. "no... its impossible.... Is this Seiva.... she couldn't even pull something like this off... could she?" His breath was ragged just from the mental fatigue he was experiencing thinking this.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

Spiky Child Near LAX
The little red demon was fixated on some poor parked cars that she seemed certain was a threat to her life, and possibly her honor. Her massive sword swung about with ease, slamming down to make one car into two. Though the weapon probably weighed a ton, she made it look easy. There was no doubt this was Zuzu... albeit some strange child form. And the little girl was pissed. Luckily, no humans were in the way, but she was smashing the cars into a fine metal salad at this point. The cop present was doing a decent job at keeping people away, though they were of course snapping pictures of her with their phones.

With a swing to the side, she accidentally took out a light pole, the concrete structure crashing to the ground with sparks and a loud crash. It actually made her jump sideways like a startled feline, clutching her sword close to her chest with both hands. A deep growl, frankly adorable in her current state, came out directed at the lamp that had so rudely startled her before she returned her attention to the beeping metal monsters most people called cars.

She turned, a smell catching her attention, and she saw Shard. Her head tilted to one side as she stared at him. What was he? What was he doing? He smelled familiar and he smelled like blood. He had a bow. Was he coming to challenge her? Her big scarlet eyes assessing him as she leveled her sword in his direction. "I'll slice you in two mister, if you're trying to challenge me," her unmistakable voice called out to him, just higher pitched and generally smaller, "Are you in league with the screaming metal lumps?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Shardaken Lucrum
Cuttler Park

Shard froze as he witnessed the lady in front of him. No matter what scheme he thought of. no matter what spell he researched. He had confirmed there was no possible way. And yet... here she was. In the flesh. The scarlet eyes that shone elegantly when glazed in bloodlust. The silky pearl hair that by the end of a battle was always stained crimson. The spikes he had accidentally cut himself on more times then he could count. No matter how much he wanted to deny it. This was Zuzulian Von Lululian. ".......Zuzu.... Zuzulian Von lululian" He spoke dropping his bow. His hands shaking as his voice was tight. His voice was strained, as any moment he expected to wake up on the ground back in the cafe, maybe he had been knocked out by Rurus bullets. But.... the pain in his thumb from the bow. It was real, as much as Shard couldn't believe it, as much as his mind denied everything he was staring at...... This was reality, Zuzu was alive, albeit a child, but Zuzu was alive nonetheless. "Seiva.....if this was your doing.... I shall stop at nothing to destroy you and everything you own for daring to dishonor her memory......." He mumbled to himself before putting his hands up "May the 9 layers of hell tremble with excitement and bloodlust. As the Forces of despair and chaos march their way upon the corpses of angels" He spoke a common morale booster that was so well known in hell even children use to yell it while playing soldier.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1592488327196.pngSpiky Child Near LAX
Zuzulian squinted at the man, like she was trying to decide whether or not to chop him up. Shortly, she decided not to. He was a demon, or at least familiar enough with Hell to know a saying like that. She held her sword out to the side as she walked forward towards him, and the sword dissipated into orange particles until it reached the hilt and disappeared entirely. Hands now free, she folded her arms and looked up at him from about six feet away.

"You smell familiar," she stated plainly, "You must know why I am here in this strange land, yes? Perhaps you know me? I am Young Mistress Zuzulian Von Lululian. I think I heard you say my name. My family is powerful warriors!" She placed her palm against her chest, proud at the fact. Zuzu decided on something at that point, however, and her form shifted to match that of a small human child with striking white hair and bright red eyes.... also she was naked, though that didn't seem to bother her.

"You will watch over me until my Father comes to collect me, yes? If I look like this the humans will not try to hurt me, right? And maybe I can hide from the Angels too?" she asked, which sounded like an order, but in reality her little brow was knit in concern. She didn't know what she was going to do without a demon like him around. The menacing beeping metal blobs were intimidating, and the humans around looked more and more concerned. Plus, she was terrified of getting killed by an angel.

"You smell like home," she said as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug. He was someone she could trust, and she knew that instinctively, despite not knowing who he was right now. Hopefully giving him a hug would help her win him over!

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
BA13B621-B142-4150-AB97-509246474429.jpeg
Charlie
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Charlie listened intently to Corsairs little speech with mixed emotions. She understood entirely where she was coming from. There was no such thing as doing only good all the time and evil actions are sometimes needed for the greater good. “I understand completely. Sometimes evil actions need to be made to stop the greater evil.” Charlie said with a smile to the woman before taking a sip of her coffee. “I’m ready and willing to prove What I can do to you! Just point me in the direction you want me to and I’ll prove to you what I can do!” Charlie said with excited determination. She trained for this and knew she was ready to become a hero, Corsair was her start and Charlie was ready to do everything in order to make it happen.

Her attention was pulled when the owner came up. Setting a box on her table. She looked it over before smiling up to him. “thank you sir.” She said despite her confusion at the box. Gently pulling the box in front of her she focused back onto Corsair. She figured she’d open the box later to see what was inside.​

Last edited:
Gorzob family - Cypress Hill goblin cemetery

The atmosphere was still. Not the heavy and damp kind of stillness that one might find while waiting for a thunderstorm to break out, no. Neither the burning, searingly dry motionlessness of the desert air. More solemn, a thinner air, light and withdrawn; the sort of feeling that one experiences while standing at the top of the world; even with breeze blowing, or gale and hurricane storming with the strength of a thousand screams, there was no motion. A true Image d'Epinal, a meticulously-made watercolour painting, shallow spots of ethereal hues laying over deeper broad strokes that formed an harmonious background. A small hill dotted with tall cypresses, the evergreen foliages fluttering weakly in the wind. Ankle-high grass, a well-kept lawn devoid of weeds to be rooted out, growing smoothly on the entire mound. Here and there, rose bushes scattered on the slopes, each a vegetal tomb stele for the goblin that had been lowered into the earth beneath. None was growing tall, not exceeding three feet - but they grew thick, tightly-made spheres of thorny vines carrying magnificent flowers that had sprouted into the day and night, blossoming into life only because of the death below. Rarer were tombstones, discs of bleak stone carved with inhumanly intelligible letters, guarding the entrance to deeper tunnels dug out of the hill's sides - making the hill a cairn, a mausoleum of sorts, one that wasn't erected by the hand of man, simply nature repurposed.

Silence was thundering through the quiet display, the squawking of the jackdaws and the shrieking of the ravens blending into the scenery like droplets of ink into a pond of water; unheard, unseen, melting down to irrelevance yet still highlighting the solemnity of the place. The composure of those birds of gloom was a remarkable thing to observe as they came to roost on the ground to contemplate the people who were pushing past the old steel gate of the cemetery. Not a member of the flock, not one of the murder so much as batted a wing, twitched a talon as folks of greater size came close. A strange one is the chemistry between goblins and scavenger birds - wagging tongues would have the only difference be the wings and the skin color, but educated people knew better; for a long time, all manners of crows, ravens and shrikes had been the flying partners of the small green-skinned folk, their eyes up in the heavens and messengers of trusted inconspicuousness. For anyone of a different culture, the ashen-dyed birds would be ill-omened portents of death, disease or inflicters of dire curses and maledictions. But not here, not to them. Here, the jackdaw was a friend in mourning, one who had come all the same to pay their respects to the fallen. Thus, the black-wing crowd neatly lined up on the hill, drawing a dark V above the only empty grave.

Goblins were pouring out into the cemetery, an almost uniform tide of little green men in black suits with black hats; the guns each and every single one of them had on themselves were at varying degrees of obviousness, some not even having bothered with hiding their armament and simply having the weapon hanging on their back, held only with a leather strap. The fanciest had concealed their weaponry under their jackets, the guns forming small bulges under the black fabric. All, without exception gave the jackdaws a polite, appreciative nod while scouring the place - respectfully of course, minding the purpose of the place - guaranteeing the security and the smooth running of the event. The main participants had yet to arrive, but more than a hundred goons of the Gorzob family were on site. Wordlessly, soundlessly, they had all taken their place on and around the hill, silent sentinels wearing their grief in shades of grey, impeccable trigger discipline ready to let the steel fly out if an ill-advised presence chose to disturb the soon-to-be-happening ceremony.

A smooth motor sound imprinted itself on the tapestry, rolling down the nearby street, slowing down and halting a handful of yards away from the gate, the noise slowly fading into nothingness as the vehicle came to a stop. The rider was - unsurprisingly maybe - Chupacabra, wearing a thick leather jacket over his more formal white-striped black blazer. The skeleton had a brutal-looking motorcycle as his piece of headwear, and handily took it off as he moved his vehicle, an all-black Triumph Tiger Sport shining with chrome and unblemished paint, out of the way. Apparating an undeniably awesome-looking fedora with a flick of his bony wrist, Chupacabra pushed the gate open, motionlessly questioning a goon with a glance, and in spite of the skeleton's absence of eyes, the message was clear.

All set and ready. Waiting only for the boss and the dead men.

Reaching in his pocket, Chupacabra brought out a cigarette, sticking it between his jaws, a spark of black flame litting it up. Breathlessly, he took a puff, staring at the wisp of smoke fading in the blue sky. Soon, he thought. Soon, the boss would be here, and the dead would be buried. Respect to be given to the dead. A sound attracted his attention, and he glanced at the outer side of the gate. Footsteps rustling the gravel, a car taking off in the distance. Short blond hair, unsteady hands. Piercing blue eyes, gazing, gauging the scene without losing a detail. Agent Whittaker. Chupacabra nodded appreciatively, handing out his cigarette as the FBI agent came to his side, leaning against a cypress.

1592526395305.png

"Soon ?"

"Soon."

And there was silence again on the cypress hill.

Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

~Anne Beaufort~
Car Crash

1592535355487.png Anne was beyond fucking nervous. This was a whole new world of anxiety, and maybe if she had paid more attention in her literature class she'd be able to put a name to the absolute terror she was feeling right now. Aia, God bless Aia, was doing a fantastic job. The doctor didn't really know where the alien picked up on the gentle behaviors she was displaying but fuck was she glad that the girl had picked it up. The boy was sobbing, but sobbing was good. Sobbing was alive. The mother on the other hand was eerily still and quiet. It brought a flash of a memory to Anne's mind of the medical students' cadaver lab. Not helping! "Here Aia just," clumsily brushing aside debris from the car, the doctor made a spot on the ground that the woman could lie on. "Right here, put her right here." Moving to take off her jacket so the woman had a cushion under her head, Anne struggled for longer than usual to take it off. Her hands were fumbling and the gut-wrenching screams of the little boy in Aia's arms only fueled her terror. Fuck, just stay calm. You're the adult here! Fucking focus! Whispering all sorts of curses, Anne's eyes darted frantically over the woman's form. What should she do? Should she even touch the woman? Would it make it worse? Fuck they pulled her out of the car already, wasn't moving victims of crashes a bad thing? Covering her face with her hands, she suddenly regretted not going to med school like her Aunt Lucy had told her too.

The thought of calling 911 hadn't even crossed her mind by the time thundering footsteps sounded. Whipping her head up, Anne watched with wide eyes as a...a demon? It definitely wasn't human and it was getting closer. The lady's spiel didn't make an impact on the dark-haired woman, and it was only when the demon moved her bloodied arm towards the downed mother did Anne leap into action. "Whoa whoa whoa!" Gripping the surprisingly firm arm,the doctor attempted to move it away from the woman's mouth. "Are you nuts!? You don't drink blood! You'll give her a disease!" Fuck, what if she has HIV? Could demons even get that? What if there's Demonic HIV? Shaking her head in order to refocus her attention, Anne continued, "There should be a ambulance on the way! Look!" Gesturing to the bystanders that had gathered for the farm with their cell phones out, she said, "Someone had to have called 911."

Suddenly, Anne was struck with a realization. Here she was, holding a demon woman's arm in the middle of what was usually a busy highway with a car crash and a slowly forming crowd of onlookers with their phones out. Turning her head slowly, she stared at Aia and the alien's exposed form. Oh shit. Fuck! They needed to leave. Visions of the police cuffing Aia and taking her away ran through her head and made the woman's form tremble. Did she just fuck up big time? Could they get away with leaving and continuing to hide? The boy's cry pierced the air again. I can't just leave them like this though. "OK. It's OK," despite her words, the dark-haired woman's voice was soft and uncertain, "Help will be here soon."

Luckily, it was. The faint siren of an ambulance brought immediate relief to Anne's frame. It drew closer with each passing second until the flashing lights were in sight. The doctor stood up to act as a barrier between the medical personnel and Aia, but it wasn't necessary. They barely glanced at the alien, only really taking an interest in the boy but even that was for a few fleeting minutes. The mother was quickly ushered away in the ambulance, leaving the wailing boy in their care. She bent down to collect her jacket and frowned at the blood that had smeared onto it. That's definitely not good. She really hoped that woman lived. Giving the giant demon of a woman an uncertain glance, Anne said, "Uh, we're going to take my van. You can probably fit into the back? If you want to come that is." Awkwardly, Anne gestured for Aia to follow and headed for their van.

((Interacting with Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Scile, Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia, and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Trauma Fest))

Last edited:
Shardaken Lucrum
Devils tale Bakery

Shard just froze. Here he was, in a fucking black suit. Wearing a dumb looking Carnival mask, and being hugged by a child version of his wife, in the middle of a crowd of humans. All of which were staring at him. "....what am I doing with my life.... I'm not a pedo.... why must humans film everything. Multi-Cast. Eyes of the crimson. Grand Dislocation. Armor Transmutation, Bloodlet enchantment. Armor Equip" He chanted as his eyes turned red, blood flowing like tears forming magic circles and glyphs down his cheeks. It took nearly five minutes until all the circles and glyphs were formed. and then "Multi Cast, Release." he spoke, and with a surge of magical power. The two vanished into thin air, and reappeared within the attic of the Cafe. Zuzu was now dressed within a red and black dress as shard fell to his knees ripping the mask off opening his mouth as boiling black blood poured out, dissipating to smoke as it touched the ground. ".....pardon that site" he said out of breath as the blood glyphs all over his face slowly dissipating. "Now then... I am Shardaken Lucrum. Heir to the Blood Throne of Diadem. Welcome to the devils tale Bakery" he greeted her with a bow as his face was pale from his rampant spell usage. Multi cast was a spell that allowed layering down multiple spells into one cast and release them at once. Eyes of the crimson was a technique that increased the efficiency of the spells, Grand Dislocation was his standard teleporting spell. Armor transmutation was the spell that took the longest to prepare, it was one that using a mix of alchemy and magic that forcibly altered armor and clothes to different specifications. Bloodlet enchantment was a simple magic enchanting spell. And armor equip was spell he created from researching a spell he encountered that forcibly teleported clothes off an enemy. All in all. It could be said to have been a waste of mana to cast so many spells all for the purpose of putting close on the little Zuzu while teleporting.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Morgan Adler

The young redhead stared silently out the front window of the black hummer, fingers silently drumming on the top of her leg in idle fashion. They were running perfectly on time. They wouldn't arrive too early, nor would they arrive too on the dot. A respectful few minutes early arrival, and from there they would depart. At her feet was a small and humble briefcase, containing a laptop for personal use...and whatever else she may need it for. In the back, in the seat behind the driver, was another case, full of paper documents and information, all tied one way or another to the loss of life the mafia had experienced. A weapons dealer in Armenia, the location of an old soviet warehouse, a bank account number of an oil magnate localized in the cayman islands, and of course, who had paid for the vehicles used by the terrorists. And yes, named, many names to be looked at. A little treasure trove of information, knowledge to be given...and then likely burned. There was a certain beauty to paper information, you could analyze it and memorize it, and then burn it away. She could wipe her digital footprint clean, of course, but others? Probably best to just burn the paper.

Morgan was dressed in a clean black suit and tie, white undershirt beneath. Mourners garb, nothing flashy or 'beautiful' that would look out of place. In her lap was a bouquet of white lilies, and right next to that was a flower crown, done in yellow and orange flowers. Acknowledgement from human culture, and from goblin culture, mourners respect to the departed. She glanced over to Dietrich in silence, then back to where they were going. "Grab the suitcase behind your seat when we leave the car. Stay close to me, and let's try our best to fit in. If I'm correct, we're likely to be spotted at any rate due to our sudden arrival. Provided we don't make ourselves center of attention and show we're here for the funeral, we'll be left alone. From there, it's likely we'll be approached. I'm unsure if they'll pick up who you are to me, or not. Best case scenario, you're a fellow mourner. In our worst case, they realize you're my personal guard. I do not suspect much trouble will be made at any rate...we'll offer Gorzob the information, but he may request proof I accessed it myself. If that is done, I'll show that much to him, earn his trust. We won't ask for anything from him, this is a show of good faith and respect to him. We'll just ask that we are remembered, in his good graces." She nodded up ahead towards a spot where other vehicles had been parked, indicating where she desired they put themselves to stop. "We have a very low probability of this going...sideways, I suppose? If that happens, we'll have to go underground, and I mean that in the worst way possible. Angering this group of individuals is not something I wish to do, it would cause issues for too many...Right, are you ready?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

1592733897104.pngZuzulian
His reaction upset her... why did they upset her? Why should she care? Her brow furrowed at the man once they touched down at the bakery. He wasn't talking right, like she had broken him somehow. She was dressed now, so that was a thing, in a cute dress nonetheless. Her fingers played with the ruffles of the skirt, with the little cape thing she now had on. Shardaken Lucrum. Heir of Lord Diadem... She knew that name, of course, but she felt like she knew the first too.

"I know you," she said, a muttered whisper, more to herself than to him, "This is very confusing." Her small hands balled up into partial fists as she rubbed her eyes, "I don't know why I know you. I don't think I've met you before but the one word that keeps popping into my head is husband. Right about now I should be doing training in Hell, but I'm on Earth... and last I remember, Earth didn't have those strange beeping metal monsters. The buildings didn't look like they do. The... they didn't have flat giant birds taking off from a long flat path. Am... Am I in a different time? Or did I get cursed? What's happening to me?"

Normally she would hardly show weakness to another person. No, she would stab weakness in the throat and promptly remove their head! But... Shardaken felt safe. He was someone she could trust while all this got figured out.

"I don't want an angel to get ahold of me and kill me. If I can't even figure myself out right now, I'm at such a big disadvantage. I'd get killed... I... I don't want to burn," she shuddered at the word. Burn. Why was she so terrified of fire? Even the thought of flames sent shivers down her spine.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Family Rescue
Amy gave Angela a sweet smile, cupping her hand within her own and giving her a firm nod. "I'll make sure you're extra safe Angie. We got this. Your mom couldn't be safer. Jupiter is a super awesome hero and I bet your dad is too," she said, trying to instill confidence in the girl.

"Careful, you'll make us get big heads, Amy," Jupiter teased, "You're gonna be a natural once you start hero work."

"Maybe my Poppa can be your mentor?" Angela offered, trying to be happy and positive. This was all so much at once but none of it was bad. Everything was moving in the right direction. They'd be safe. "My Poppa is an awesome hero. He'd be an awesome mentor too!"

"Hah. As if anyone would want to mentor me," she quipped, pulling her along, "Come on, let's wait in the living room for our ride. Jupes and your dad need to get going. All we'd do is slow them down."

"Thanks, Amy. I'll give you a couple tips on the test stuff later," Jupiter said, genuinely proud of her cousin right now. No, she hadn't passed yet, but she was gonna be a great hero one day. Jupiter waited until the door had closed again before taking a long breath. She turned to Grim, "Alright. Amy will call them. We don't need pull to do it. Since we're a super family, they don't really send anything else. Yes, this house is warded against just about everything... and I do plan to add warded against certain shade beings to the list. No offense against you, but I'd sleep better at night. If a villain were like you, we could get fucked over easily. About the mentor thing, I somehow doubt Angela is gonna drop that one easily. I do not envy that conversation."

She gave a small nod to the plan, closing her eyes for a second as she debated. "Right," she mused, "Given your wife's state, I'll avoid summoning anything just in case." She pulled a ring of dry blood away from the loops that made up the earlier spell. The blood coalesced into a small ball, which then spun into a disc before disappearing. In its place was a pistol. "Full of blessed bullets, though I somehow doubt he'll get past your wrath," she explained, checking the safety before tucking it away, "I'm good to go - though I'm surprised you don't want to do this part alone... and by the way, I don't know if you'll be able to stop yourself, but if you can, I'd suggest leaving him alive, imprisoned or something, until we know Angela and Jenny are both alright. We might need to press him for information... if not, I still might be able to find out, but... the former is much preferred... Anyway! Let's go save Jenny."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Nadia
She could ignore the bumping about. He was strange enough as is, so for all she knew he could be trying to have a disco party with a box in the attic. The sound was gone shortly after, so she let it be in her mind.

"Seiva's training isn't much better," she said, smiling sweetly at the other girl, "but she tailors it to the individual. Some people can't handle such intense training, and she goes easier on those sorts. Your mother was an incredible warrior alongside your father. They both did Seiva well. The two of them put so many angels to shame. I don't even know how many feathers they've collected, how many graces they've reaped. It's impressive. They had a sweet side too. After all, all your sweetness had to come from somewhere, didn't it? I believe I've seen your streams once or twice. You're absolutely adorable, Lady Rurulian. You almost rival Lady Xilivel in your abilities with a crowd."

Sounds suddenly returned, and Nadia looked towards it, brow furrowing, "It sounds like he brought someone back with him... is that... normal?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

~Dietrich~
Goblin Funeral

581F941C-9CA1-4F4F-9025-3A26BA5912B5.jpeg “Of course,” Dietrich responded. As soon as he said that, the blond smoothly parked the car in an empty spot. It was a little ways away from the other vehicles, but close enough where it wasn’t too noticeable. Stepping out, he quickly made his way to the other side of the car to open the door for Morgan. His lips quirked into a smile as he held his hand out, “After you ma’am.” It was partially in jest and partially an act. It wasn’t too terrible if Dietrich were to be identified as Morgan’s guard, but she wanted to avoid it so avoid it he shall. He was just her dutiful chauffeur for all they knew. Helping the young lady out of the car, Dietrich couldn’t help but scan the crowd at their destination. He examined the parking lot before casually saying, “Looks like we beat the hearse after all.” Good, he had been worried that the bit of traffic they had encountered had slowed made them late. Waiting for Morgan’s lead, the blond stood by her side until she was ready.

((Interacting with @ManofManyRoles’s Morgan | Nearby Aelia Aelia Aeldyne’s Gorzob Family))

Caesar Aphera
AKA: Lord Caesar

Ah, crap. He made the kid cry. If it was one of the things he didn't exactly call himself a pro on, it was emotions, and when he drew Hayato at arm's length once the hug was done with, he frowned. Was the kid happy crying, panic crying, sad crying, or was it that weird "Catharsis" thing people kept talking about? The heavy brow which framed his crimson irises drew into a tight-knitted furrow, never betraying a single wrinkle of advanced aging upon his visage though his expression had been heavy. Maybe the kid was happy to see him again? It'd been ten years, and he even called him Papa, but most importantly, Hayato remembered him. Hell, it even made something weird happen in his own chest, and he almost reflexively moved to check it.

Still, it didn't truly matter in the end. The Dynamic Duo of Doom were back, and if Hayato needed a bit to cry, it'd be the least he could give the kid after being dead for ten years.

Once it was over, though, Caesar handed the (now) man a handkerchief of his own - a red-and-black checkered silk neatly folded and freshly clean to dry his face before he would speak again.

"I owe you an apology for being gone so long, little man," he started, withdrawing his hands after fixing his collar. "It wasn't what I wanted, and it burns my ass that I failed, but it stings even more that I left you grievin'. You doing okay? What've you been up to? Where've you been staying?

"If you want, you can move in here with us, y'know," he continued, thumbing down the hall to the myriad of rooms at their disposal. "I doubt we're lacking in space, and these rooms are basically apartments of their own. Ain't likely we're hurting for money or whatever, either, considering everything."

It was another moment after he had finished that he put a smile back on his face and folded his arms. Caesar even made sure to draw himself up to full height for effect - a dead man now raised was something to behold, you know, and maybe it'd just help to reinforce the fact that Hayato didn't have to worry about the old man. Hell, if he was gonna be honest, it helped him do that much himself after the loss he suffered yesterday - or maybe it was the fact that his kid was here?

Better yet, Hayato was alive, and seemed to at least be getting by. What had he been up to, though? Even though Caesar kept his impregnable grin of triumph on his face, worry had filled him to the very core. Maybe the kid wasn't doing as well as he looked? Was he staying in a shady neighborhood, maybe? Was he skipping meals? Last he saw the kid, he at least looked a bit better than he was now, or maybe it was just psychological?

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Fay D. Fluorite
AKA: Celesteon

Even more racket, one of the heroes entering, and more racket right behind it.... And maybe he did use a little mana to listen in a little. Sue him, go ahead, but you're not taking the little nugget of joy he got out of hearing Caesar being reunited with someone that pulled him out of his insufferable funk. Well, provided that the wrenching of the door didn't give him a little internal jolt when he listened in, but still. It was the little victories that he didn't have to do anything about which gave him the most satisfaction when he was this tired, though he had to remind himself that he did, in fact, have a job to do, and that was whatever caught his attention when compared with his proficiency. The only thing left to do was to pull out his phone, go through the list, and see what was worth going to that would make him useful to the people of Los Angeles.

.... And it didn't take long.

"Construction crew didn't heed signs," He started, getting up from the table and snatching up his staff with a snap of his hand. "We need to go before there are more bodies. We're dealing with Fairies, so we can't just go in guns blazing, unless you're willing to entertain a race war."

Fay's sentence was only punctuated with the sound of his exit as the door closed behind him. To give him credit, Fay didn't slam the door, but it was audible enough that he had to have been heard, and his pace didn't slow, either, as he strode through the outside premises towards the nearest exit into the thumming veins of the city. There were things that he had drilled into his head about the Fae and Fairies - two different races to be sure, and things he had to remember specifically about those around the area he claimed was under his protection. The first and foremost was that a supernatural conglomerate had staked forestland as theirs, and apparently the crew that was sent out to clear the area didn't check with their employer to make sure they knew there were no such supernatural entities that they would be invading, which wasn't entirely their fault. Most companies were wont to ensure that their endeavors didn't end up starting a flipping race war between the Supernatural and the Mundus, but then again, they also had Heroes they thought would come to their beck and call.

Unfortunately for said company in particular - whoever they were, they were getting a Council Mage instead of a Hero of Los Angeles, and that meant that, more than likely, he'd be defending the Fairy border - and why? Simply put, Fairies and Fae both were at least nice enough to tell you that you'd suffer if you trespassed or invaded, and they meant it. Fairies, unlike Fae, were much smaller, but elementally attuned. If he remembered correctly, they had mostly earth and wind, but there were always exceptions, and those two elements alone could cause massive damage and a high body count. People even used to think that natural disasters were always the work of some supernatural being who was scorned or just malicious, and some were, but if a natural disaster could simply occur due to the planet doing as the planet does, one could only fathom the lengths at which a concentrated force of elemental will could go to ensure even more massive destruction.

Without stating the obvious too much, that literally could not be allowed. Sure, there were heroes and mages who would come in an attempt to quell such a war, but it was better to nip it in the bud than to allow it to get that far. A Wizard worth their salt wouldn't allow it to come to pass, and they wouldn't even take credit for it since that's what they do.

After all, he did live here too, and it had its good points, regardless of all the constant and high-stakes criminal activity that goes on.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Myriad
3bb23a2e3c6270d1cb89b50da9919bd0.jpg

The large suit of armor had finished her destruction. Nearly all the equipment smashed to smithereens and a few humans with it. Calmly the giant suit of armor sat down upon the wreckage of a bulldozer and simply waved it hand. And with that wave a small tornado was formed that went around the fight scene picking up the corpses and shrapnel of the destroyed vehicles and left them in one pile. "Humans... never heading warnings thinking they have the right to everything." the armor sighed in its warped voice. " You were warned. Step foot in this forest again. And i shall not be merciful a second time." It spoke to the remaining survivors

Osuka Osuka

Shardaken and Ruru
D
evils tale bakery

Ruru paused some. "no.... usually he doesn't bring anyone ever. I would have sensed if it was one of the three he summons.... but." she thought some, even she wasnt allowed in the attic unles shard needed her to help. And she didnt sense any summons, but most of all. the smell of blood got stronger, sure shards magic always used blood. Even some of her own magic used blood. but for that much, he obviously overexerted himself.... just what could have made him use that much blood? "Im gonna check on him" she told Nadia. Quickly standing up she put yami in the baby bag she made and walked upstairs to the attic. She stood quietly at the door and casting her silence spell, she creaked it open to see Shard... and a little kid? She seemed scared and worried. "shard what the hell did you do?" she thought to herself. Shard had done some pretty evil stuff before. Ruru herself had done some as well. But both never liked kidnapping children or killing them.......

Shard stared at Zuzu as he kept thinking if this was a trick, if it was it was one even crueler then demons could think up. Even now in his mind the sight of Zuzus body slowly charring to dust was crystal clear. and when he looked at Zuzu all he could see was that memory over again. "Seiva better have some fucking answers" he mumbled to himself, though even that was just him grasping at straws. Sure seiva had showed up just as Shard was nearly done with his 2000 year plan, But its impossible she knew exactly what he was planning. Those thoughts could wait for now, instead the priority was dealing the scared young girl in front of him. It seemed her memories were a bit hazy, and in her defense, the cockroaches that are humanity have drastically advanced their technology. "zuzu please calm down" he asked her as he tried to collect his thoughts. Telling her the truth was obviously not the best option, but seeing her look scared he went down to one knee to be face to face with Zuzu. He felt hurt inside seeing her like this, even if it was a trick, he had to tell her the truth. "Zuzu....... Zuzulian youve been dead for 2000 years.... I.. watched you die." is all he said before he turned to see Ruru at the doorway. Ruru staring shocked. "z-zuzu......... Zuzulian.... mom?" Is all Ruru could mutter after hearing shard

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
1592890309070.pngJewel
Jewel yawned, following Fay along without much comment. She let him choose what they were doing for now since none of the events really caught her eye. "Should be fun to deal with them," she mused, plopping a hand on top of Fay's head to slow his walk down a mote, "If they don't listen, if they're killing people, then I sure hope they're ready for a fight." Her grimoire floated up in front of her and flipped across a few pages as she sniffled and groaned. She was starting to wake up more now that it was midday.

Once they got there, the damned faerie had made a huge mess of the place. Sigh. This was always a sticky situation. She plopped her hand atop Fay's head again, "Lemme talk first." With that simple statement, she walked forward and stuck her fingers in her mouth to cause a deafening whistle in the direction of the big suit of armor.

"Hey buddy! You know hurting people tends to be illegal and stuff, right? The workers aren't the people that chose to come to do this anyways. They're just following orders and trying to make an honest living. Did ya at least put down a sign?" She sighed as she walked forward, hands up to show she wasn't threatening, "My name's Jewel. Let's have a chat. Myself and my protege here are really interested in what you have to say."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Osuka Osuka

1592927693129.pngZuzulian
Truth be told, Nadia had the feeling that the conversation - whatever was going on - would be serious, so she, for the moment anyway, decided to stay out of it and at least wait until they came down out of the attic.

Zuzu was completely overwhelmed. She had died... according to what Shardaken had said. She believed him, but what was she supposed to do with that information? Calm down, but he had just dropped one hell of a bomb on her lap. He was worried about her. Her focus turned to him instead, the thought of dealing with the deluge of information and what it all meant for her now was... too much for all at once. It was going to get tucked in a nice spiky box in the corner of her mind.

At least, it would if some girl didn't walk in calling her mom. Her head snapped her direction, nothing but fear in her eyes like a scared animal. She tucked herself behind Shard and peeked out at Ruru from around him. She was calling her mom? Was her form right now a child as a mistake? She pursed her lips, admittedly an adorable sight, before speaking up, "You're not quadra-erm... a quadrupeed... grumble... I'm still saying that wrong... I have four legs and two arms... not in this form... but... if you're mine, then why do you have so little? Erm... I mean... why are you so little? Do you have a tail at least?" Zuzu bit the tip of her thumb, balling fists into the back of Shard's shirt as she exposed herself a little more to the sudden girl. She didn't seem like a threat, but she wasn't familiar like Shardaken was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back