• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shardaken Lucrum
Devils tale Bakery
tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpg

Shard remained calmed with a slightly worried face until Seiva mentioned his daughter. At that moment his eyes went wide, and lost all light within them. "Pardon me for a moment." he said politely as his usual tone was to customers, using a slightly sharpened finger nail, he cut the inside of his right palm. Blood seeping out at a fast rate and forming a spike. Just as the spike finished, his eyes gained a dangerous life and his left hand shot forward to Seiva, before it could reach even halfway he stabbed the spike into the hand impaling it stuck to a dresser next to them. "Do you think I don't know that. Do you think I thought everything was going to be FUCKING PERFECT during that moment. I thought every second that she was in this god forsaken cafe of ways for me to get Ruru out of this safe. You yourself know the number of angels I killed. It's right there on my Satan damn file that you have in your cabinets of pawns to use. This pawn did his job. They said kill angels, I ripped out my own fucking ribs and used them to impale the hearts of as many angels as I could before I collapsed. They said lead a battle, and I went there right on the front lines with bow in my hand and my wife by my side. They said to burn villages of deserters. To kill innocent demons that dislike war, and you can read the file, I did not leave a single fucking life remaining in that village. So trust me when I say I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! Do you have any idea the feeling.... your limbs grow numb, your entire body starts to feel fuzzy, all food starts to lose taste, the color starts to drain from the world your senses fade to nothingness, you collect a set of masks to slap on for every situation. Even now with a damn spike in my hand, i feel nothing. the only fear i have right now is the fear of how your actions endanger Rurulian." he pulled the spike out of his hand and tossed it into the trash. "Please....one more month.... that's all I need. After that, you'll never have to see this excuse of a demon again, And Rurulian can choose how she wants to live her life. Be it hiding among the humans of earth. Or leading the charge the next time the man downstairs decides its war. But i wont be there to see it... as long as everything goes to plan..." he weakly sat down in a chair. Letting the hole in his hand drip blood onto the floor, his eyes returning to a dull lifeless color, like that of a man who died long ago. And that was in fact what Seiva was looking at. The shell of Shardaken Lucrum, all but a hollow husk of what use to be. "just one more month" Is the last thing he mumbled to himself before falling silent.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Anabella Bonner née Levi

A small smile touched her lips at the compliment, though she took it with a grain of salt. To be drunk was to have loose lips and unclear thoughts after all. "You seem saddened is all. I am of the opinion that company can help end it." She had started a few steps forward in order to reach the bench, only for the canine eared woman to stand up and stumble, face-first into her bust. A hand slowly went to the woman's back, giving it a few soft pats. The poor dear was too drunk to even stand straight. "It's perfectly fine miss, please, sit with me." A gloved hand reached out to grab hers, gently tugging her to sit on the bench.

"I suppose introductions are necessary, of course. I am Anabella, do you have a name I may address you by?" She flashed a small smile, eyes shifting to one hue, and then the previous. "I am in no position to dictate one's life, you're entitled to live it as you please of course, but if I may suggest something? If one is to drink, drink with company or in the safety of one's home. If you enjoy yourself too much, you could get hurt. Perhaps by no one's hand but your own." As she sat, her legs crossed across her ankles and hands folded in her lap. Despite her somewhat masculine attire, she sat like a proper woman, just like her father had raised her. "I like your jacket, for what it's worth."
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Thomas Black

At the comment of 'have fun' a very deep frown covered his features, a numb nod of the head the only other indication he had heard her. "Yea...fun." Nothing about his duties was fun. Just foggy memories and ripped clothes, and seeing the news the next morning. "With the ten year coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if I actually got shoved into 'safety' for the day it happens. Would certainly ruin things even more if something went wrong on my end." Nothing like a day of remembrance like a giant monster storming through the city, and the military having to get involved to knock it out of commission. Fun indeed. He glanced towards Mazok, eyebrow rising a bit. "He managed to crush your pelvis?... Must have been a tough individual, your right."
Aelia Aelia chaieftainoftheeye chaieftainoftheeye

Natalie Brenton

The woman was stuck in her phone call, a lot of back and forth about how much funds she'd be allotted. Obviously, she was gunning for a higher price range than what they were trying to offer. Hearing the door shut behind her caused her to turn around, an eyebrow raising...where had Darren gone? "Great, thanks love! One thousand will be perfect, you have a nice day!" She cut off the other end that was trying to justify she was only getting eight hundred by ending the call, walking out of her room to find her apprentice...where had the kid gone? Glancing down the hallway this end, then the other, she spotted him, hands going into her jacket pockets as she walked up behind him.

"Penny for your thoughts, love." She had missed the whispering, but she saw him eyeing the stairs like a lifeline. "Don't tell me you're planning on running off on me. I can't entirely relate to you right now, but if I were to guess, you've got the jitters. Everyone gets them at first, even I did. But it's like swimming. The water is cold, so the best way to go about it is to jump in headfirst. If there's people at the pool, they might laugh at you if you go in funny, sure. But if you laugh at yourself, it's alright. Even better if you show them who you are and swim laps around their dumb asses." She tilted her head a bit, flashing a grin. "I know you probably could have asked for a less flaming mentor, or might have preferred to stay at home in bed. But we're here now, and we're stuck with each other. So why not enjoy it? C'mon, we go shopping, we get you something nice, I'll even let you get some personal stuff. I have to get some intimates anyways." She dropped that statement like it was hardly a big deal, and to her it really wasn't. Not like the kid was gonna see her in them, but she did have to be honest about what else they were shopping for.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Darren
Darren felt a jolt go through him like a shock paddle as Natalie startled the heck out of him. Blood rose to his cheeks as he jumped a bit and turned to face her. His hands went up in defense, “N-no! I mean... I thought about it, but you’d find me pretty easily. I don’t even have a car or something! I can’t get very far. I’m just... I... Ugh. Yes. I’m nervous. I’m more nervous for you though. I don’t want to hurt your reputation or get you into a fight. Even though you’d probably win said fight, I don’t want a fight. If it were just me getting dragged off to who knows where it wouldn’t matter... but... erm... you’re too good for that. Too nice for that.”

He sighed as he rubbed his cheeks, trying to get the blushing to go away, “I guess I’m also worried. You’re a European hero. You’ll make the news over there. If you do... if I’m seen with you on the news... I... I’m afraid my father or mother will see me. I don’t want them to know where I am.” His eyes looked to the side, a mixture of ashamed and annoyed. She needed to know that information, but it still felt so personal. “At the same time though, it’s not like I want to wear a mask or something - talk about conspicuous... so I’m just trying to come to grasp with the possible consequences... We can go, though. Sorry I worried you.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1591735566558.pngSeiva
"Now there's my cute little general," Seiva purred, grinning at the blood dripping down onto the floor. The poor man was so broken. He really loved that woman, Zuzulian. She watched him sit and crouched on her knees in front of him, resting her hands on his legs. "I actually like seeing this sad excuse of a demon sometimes... but with that note from Ryuleianna, I had to come to check. If you didn't care about Ruru anymore, then I'd have to take her and enlist her for her own good. I wanted to make sure you still had that tiny bit of life to you."

She reached up and kissed his cheek, fingers petting his jaw lightly as she dropped back down, "I hope you plan to be around for whatever this Occard group plans to do. Even if you're not curious about it, yourself, you must know that Ruru would be. If they're strong enough to do something that even I or Lord Lucifer can't do so easily... that crater... you don't want her in the middle of that. I even heard some people popped back up suddenly yesterday. That's gotta mean something's brewing."

She was quiet for a long while, watching him and thinking. Quietly, she asked, "So... Do you ever tell her what Zuzu was like?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Panzer Tristan
Heading Downtown

Rose.(PFFK).full.1711617.jpgPanzer was calmly washing her hands in a large storage facility she owned under Tristan Industries. Her hands were soaked red as her face had splatters of it. While washing she was swaying back and forth singing " ~Verbrannt ist alles ganz und gar,
Das arme Kind mit Haut und Haar;
Ein Häuflein Asche bleibt allein
Und beide Schuh', so hübsch und fein.

Und Minz und Maunz, die kleinen,
die sitzen da und weinen :
"Miau ! Mio ! Miau ! Mio !
Wo sind die armen Eltern ? Wo ?"
Und ihre Tränen fließen
Wie's Bächlein auf den Wiesen~
" She finished the song as she dried her hands off. " Do you like the song? It was a children's song my mother sang. Quite dark in English. Though, don't worry. You wont be around to learn the meaning." what she was speaking to could only be described as a scarred and mutilated mass of flesh that could once be called human, Tied to a chair. "I must thank you for telling me the location of the Cartel. I believe as thanks I should put you out of misery" she chimed dragging the chair and tossing it into the back of a strange looking vehicle. "Tristan Industries Mobile incinerator, designed to dispose of flammable debris quickly during disaster relief. Never passed testing because of the costs of operating. However. I think it has so many more purposes. Such as its auto shut off feature." she flipped a switch as she closed the door. Waving her hand as she began walking out of the storage facility. The lights shut off to leave that poor soul to burn. "Now then, I shall send a report of the location, and comment that the man fled and killed himself after questioning.... I'm famished." she said walking off to downtown. Waving and taking pictures with people the entire time.

Natalie Brenton

Natalie tilted her head a bit, hands still in her pockets. "Yea...hate to tell you, but I'd find you, and drag you back by your ear again. Don't be nervous, and certainly don't be nervous for me. What is the news going to say back home? 'Soulflare has a new apprentice, and the worst thing he's ever done is lift purses'? Besides, so long as the Church has my back, I have theirs, and everyone's fine. I don't have much of a reputation on duty anyways, besides for showing up and torching souls. Public secret, remember?" She walked over, smiling a bit, and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Darren, listen to me. I took you on as an apprentice, because you have a chance at being a better person, and I know it. You probably know it too, but you won't let yourself admit it. If your parents are your concern, here's a trick...prove em wrong. Every time someone in your life says you can't, you're not good enough, that you're a disappointment? Grin, say 'watch me', and just prove them wrong. No one can tell you how much your worth, only you can. I don't care you're a runaway, because that's not who defines you. If our pasts defined us, I'd just be some scrappy kid from the orphanage, nothing more, nothing less. But that's not who I am. I'm my own woman, I always have been. You have to stop worrying about what other people will think Darren, and think more about what you believe. The only opinions that should affect you, are from the people who mean something to you...or you know, if an angel or God himself shows up with some words. Then take that to heart...unless that angel is Agas."

She flashed a grin, reaching out to grab his hand and starting to tug him towards the elevator. "I already had my employer put a call towards Machina to get you something, and we'll get the rest of it while we're out shopping. We'll even pick lunch up, my treat. You need anything else today, besides equipment, or are we just shopping for me?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne Beaufort~
Highway Farm

1591745102115.png Nothing of note was in the shed. It was kind of eerie how unlived in the place seemed. No food in the cabinets, no junk drawer, no nothing. Opening the fridge was different. Anne flinched at the sudden pop up of a menu in her face and let out a yelp. Her surprise quickly turned into excitement. It was like VR or something! The doctor became absorbed in the menu. It was definitely a result of some power or something. It's so real! Her gaze floated over to her money stat and winced. Too real. Her eyes drifted to the fridge's contents, causing her to furrow her brows. "Who the heck has all this milk?" Hell, how did it all fit in the fridge. An idea suddenly came to her. Can I just...put it in my inventory? Would that work? Or would it dump 99 jugs on her? Would it put it in her pants pockets? Would her pants be able to hold that? She just had to know. "Aia? You might want to stand bac-" Her sentence stopped midway as she tried to turn to talk to the alien but was stopped. Her feet wouldn't move, no matter how hard she tried. It was very uncomfortable to experience, but she knew enough to know that this was just video game logic. A paused menu. Holy shit it's a paused menu! A little bit of panic colored her voice as she called out again, "Aia? Are you OK?" No response. Not even the sound of movement on the girl behind her. Oh fuck I just paused Aia! The Milk Experiment of L.A. was immediately put on hold as Anne slammed the X button a little rougher than necessary. Immediately, her feet were free once again. Whirling around, she practically shoved herself onto Aia as she squeezed the alien into her arms. The dark-haired woman carded her fingers through the girl's hair and asked, "Oh my baby, are you OK?"

((Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Milk Fridge))

~Enzo~
Beverly Hilton Hotel​

1591746886131.png Enzo had gotten shit sleep the night before thanks to the bitch and her surprise guest. He refused to sleep in the bed with Anderson, and ended up on the couch with the door leading to the small hotel room's living room firmly closed. Everything from yesterday, hell, everything from all four years of Zaphkiel's bullshit had kept him up too. Thoughts and past arguments running loops in his head, making him more and more furious. He was tired and pissed, so when Zaph's guest, who had changed names for some fucking reason, knocked on his door he felt something snap. Maybe it was a last nerve, maybe it was a culmination of frustration, he didn't really care, but it fueled him to grow a spine for a brief moment. Angel or not, this man was pissing him off. Ripping open the door, the circles under Enzo's eyes made his eyes seem brighter as he hissed, "What do you want?" Fuck death, he didn't care. What was the point of scamming people and having an angel by his side if he couldn't even have real fun without Zaphkiel getting in the way? Every damn time every damn day it was like pulling teeth. She always refused to help and always looked down on him. Like as if she was better than him. A man could only take so much, and Enzo was not a patient person to begin with.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Father Anderson | Nearby Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel))

Scile
The Farm
Kulu.jpg
"......I should just get rid of this map" Scile said in absolute confusion as she found herself in a farm. "okay so....I went to sleep in the park...and woke up in a farm" She said aloud trying to figure out where she was. "...why cant California just be filled with gold hunters and rocks. It was so much more simple...." she said to herself as she wandered about, intrigued by the farm. "I leave for a few hundred years and the whole area changes... jeez." she looked at a few of the creatures with interest. Not paying any attention to the other two in the farm. "well. it aint my problem, doesn't look like its doing anything evil" she said shrugging, putting a long blade of grass in her mouth and leaning against a tree.​

Deathkitten Deathkitten

348DE649-46C6-4354-9B33-8E91445E77C0.jpeg
Aia
Interaction: Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aia was almost so curious about the slimes she almost didn’t notice that she was frozen, almost of course. As soon as she realized she started to freak. Screeching out and barking in a panic as she flailed around trying to move from her spot. She heard her mother yell out for her and immediately looked to her. When Anne came rushing out and Aia could move she lunged to her mother tackling her in a panic as her tail coiled around Anne to protect her. With her arms wrapped around Anne’s neck a vicious protective hiss escaped her mouth as her head darted around to look for anyone that could be attacking them. Despite that her body was shaking in fear of whatever happened to her just then. Her hisses quickly turned into scared whimpers as she nuzzled into her mother’s chest, her tail keeping a tight and protective hold around Anne the entire time.

Last edited:
1591760800781.pngA Small Child
Beside the strange anomaly that was the farm, a mother and her young child were laughing about something. Nothing important, just silly banter with a little kid. She couldn't be blamed for not expecting a farm to be in the middle of what was usually a busy road. Nor could she be blamed for being fairly startled at the sight of a multi-armed demon woman sauntering up to it. A poorly timed movement. She tried to brake. She didn't have enough time. She tried to swerve. That only made it worse. With a deafening screech, the tires screamed in agony. The car began to flip and roll. The tinny sound of glass shattering filled the air for a split moment before it was overtaken by the thudding sounds of crunching metal and plastic. The vehicle rolled until it slammed into the shed of the farm.

Like breaking an illusion, the farm scene fizzled and crackled until it disappeared entirely. Shreds of pixels danced across the ground like their own form of glass to add to the sparkling shards on the ground until they too disappeared. The car teetered with no more support before falling one more time and settling back onto its mangled wheels. The crash over, the sound of a depressed horn filled the void. Passerbys were already pulling out their phones to call 911.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka

1591831704969.pngDarren
"Eh... I know I can be a better person. That chance diminishes the closer my family is to me, however," he said, sighing deeply as he allowed himself to be pulled along, more walking than dragging, "I'm worried about the news claiming I've done a heck of a lot worse than nabbing purses... if I did my father would be proud..." He whispered the last part so quietly it was barely a muffle, but he sighed again and switched his accent as easy as a lightbulb, "Anyway. I can't think of anything, but... I don't have to watch you try on intimates or something, do I? You're... attractive, and you have a big sister sort of vibe. The connection between the two is gross and uncomfortable."

"Not that I can't give you an opinion. Just let me know beforehand so I can unleash my inner gay boi fashion sense and try not to care,"
he groaned a little, leaning against the wall of the elevator as they headed down, "If I'm not making money, then my father and mother aren't proud... and you really don't want me to try to make them proud, either. They... ugh... I don't want you to decide you need to go kill them or something... but let's just say they haven't made most of their fortune legally. It's why I had little reaction to the damage I... erm, we, saw yesterday. It was for sure worse than I expected to see here, but... well... that sort of torture is kind of commonplace in a big organization. I never partook, much to my parent's disdain, but they did make me watch at least. It's way worse when they want something out of you. Senseless murder sucks, senseless torture even more, but then you put a purpose behind it. It can go on for months - especially when you have someone there making sure they're not lying. Did you know most confessions under duress can't be trusted? That's where a truther comes in, someone who knows thanks to some power if they're fibbing. Sometimes they wouldn't even tell the person that they knew they were lying. They'd just keep on going. Keep on trucking until the person needs some healing - which of course they have on hand as well... can't have someone dying on you, after all. It's all an orchestrated ballad."

The elevator dinged for the last time on the ground floor, and his eyes lifted, bored, to the outside world. He swapped the conversation like nothing happened, "Right. So. What shop do you want to hit up first? I couldn't think of anything before, but maybe we can pick up a couple clothes for me when we're out getting you your intimates?"

Shardaken Lucrum
Devils Tale Bakery

tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpgShard sighed as Seiva played with him him. "If you must know....virtually nothing personal. I told her she was an amazing warrior who was a bastion to her soldiers and a nightmare to angels. I told her she should be proud to bear the name of Von Lululian" he answered healing his hand. grabbing a cognac on the table next to him taking a swig. "I don't want Ruru involved...but I dont care about OA as they call it. A crater like that could be made just by going to some remote area and siphoning mana for a decade or two from the environment and then condense it and pop it where ya want. As for the supposed resurrection. It could very well be a case of them being stuck in some limbo until the explosion ripped a hole and dragged them out. As long as I'm not apart of it, I am neutral to them. I have my own plans. Shes almost strong enough, just a bit more training and shell be able to withstand the ritual." shard answered before he took another swig of the cognac. "Do you mind if I summon a servant of mine. I do have a business going on right now." he asked tossing Seiva the cognac, his hand now fully healed as if the wound was never there, however. he looked paler and sicklier then before, as if he had lost a lot of blood.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina

Tired.

So very tired. Alexandria hadn't slept well considering her new Bunker-mate was a new addition to her bunker, and the fact of the matter was that it was far too drastic a change. She didn't want to see the potential damage his sword did to her waxed tiling throughout the bunker considering his sword was basically his hand, and she didn't want to even roll out of bed for that matter, but there wasn't much choice when she was getting a call that Namina decided she wasn't allowed to ignore even if it was a telemarketer (and if it was, she was going to ruin their entire business just for fun since she supposedly had her bunker secure from their pestering). Then again, if it was something lucrative.... A sigh parted her lips as she clawed her way out from under her heavy blanket and sheets to pad to her dresser and throw on something comfortable. Afterwards, having tousled her already messy birds-nest of blonde to wake herself up, she spoke up.

"Answer it, Namina," she called out with a gravelly mutter as she rubbed her eyes....

And then suddenly opened them.

She was getting a commission, eh? And it was for that now-ex-villain Shield? And it was going to be on the Church's dime? She was quick to accept the job and end the call before finding herself oddly more awake than when she used a lethal dose of caffeine for a normal person, considering this was the first time the Church ever asked for something. In fact, she didn't even know where she was supposed to start. Weapons first, maybe? Shield wanted something that could shift between lethal and non-lethal damage, as well as a utility knife of sorts, but then again, if she was going to make some sort of armor for him, wouldn't it be better to start with that before the weapons?

Ideas were spinning in her head as she threw on a bathrobe and practically charged out of her room - barefoot because it was her home, and made her way straight towards her workshop. The door that led to her temple to technology gleamed with pristine care and tireless efforts to keep organization of the highest order in play. There were things that any steel shop would have, and then things that she was sure no one had between all the fabrication and mass-production equipment that she had, but what she was heading for first was her good ol' drawing board. It was the only thing in the entire bunker that didn't look pristine and new. Something made of old, heavy oak, and aged as if passed along by a thousand hands of tradition in the craft. It was her most prized possession in her shop, even if it was from her days of villainy, and it was where everything begun... But she forgot something.

"Namina?" She called out.

"Yes, Dr. Norman?" the VI chimed. "Do remember that workshop safety is of the highest priority."

"Yeah, great, thank you, but more importantly - please make sure Xiard has what he needs and let him know I'm going to be in here? It wouldn't do to have him accidentally blow up my bunker while I'm about to make a Church's Fortune."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Caesar Aphera
AKA: Lord Caesar

Well, looks like Rose couldn't fucking resist, could she? Or maybe he was just projecting? When a failure stings for most, it burns for him, and the flames of failure are the only that hurts overmuch. Maybe she had come purely out of altruism, though - to see friends who she had believed lost forever, or maybe give them information on the new generation of villains? A sigh passed Caesar's lips as he wiped his face of the sweat that had soaked his flesh before tossing it aside. He had to calm down. Sure, maybe there wasn't anything that could be won in that situation? The baddies didn't get away with money, they didn't really hurt anyone far as he had been told since he took the blast to the face and was left reeling, and the opposing party had played too much of their hand. He learned more valuable information more quickly by at least trying than he would've if he just looked it up on a database, and what's more, he found out the supposed ringleader was recruiting kids. It wasn't bad enough that the Heroes were doing it, but now the villains? Then again, who really started doing it first?

No, that didn't matter one bit. The fact of the matter was that there were kids being dragged into the fight, and he about clobbered one. How the hell the kid passed well enough as an adult that his training gave him the go-ahead to engage was both infuriating and heartbreaking. When he looked in the mirror, for a split second, he almost saw what he feared the most when he had the thought; he didn't want to hurt a goddamn kid, and honestly, it could've been worse than a simple injury if he went harder than he thought. It just.... It felt good to move. It felt good to propel and to feel the g-force of maneuvering while using his abilities. He liked feeling the heat of his flames as he produced them and set them loose in whatever way he saw fit, and thinking it over, he could've done more with a little less.

He let himself get carri-

Hayato??

The familiar timbre of Hayato's voice had, in fact, reached him by the time they got to the stairs, and if Hayato was about to knock, he was going to miss the door as Caesar bolted to it, then promptly ripped it off its hinges before blurring forward. If he was successful in closing the distance, he would've drawn Hayato into a hug - as if a father holding his own child after so many years away overseas. His arms would latch tight around the boy, but not so tight that he would become uncomfortable and heft him into a bearhug before sitting him down and patting him on the shoulders with a laugh.

"Hayato, my man!!" he barked with a wolfish grin. "How the hell have you been?! You been doing okay, bud? How's things been while I've been away?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Natalie Brenton
She glanced at him, shrugging a bit. "Love, you act like people are going to be overly concerned for anything but the fact I might eat your soul if you bother me...I wouldn't though. That's reserved for special occasions, promise." She flashed a grin to him, tugging him into the elevator and folding her arms across her chest after hitting the button. He seemed so down...it felt wrong to tease him...however, she should try to lighten the mood. "D'aw, don't worry! Little brothers are supposed to tell their sisters what they wear is cute, aren't they? All the more reason to have you be there for me!" She grabbed his shoulder, shaking him a bit. She let that stay in the air for what was possibly an uncomfortable minute before speaking again. "I'm playing, relax."

She listened in silence as Darren spilled his heart about his parents, and the more he talked, the more her mind was screaming, and it wasn't her own voice. If psyches could wrestle, Natalie's was currently in a headlock, and Agas was the one doing it. "Listen to what they've made him see! Listen to what they've done! We should go face them now, it's what's right!" The voice screamed in her head, only to suplex her proverbial mental self. And on and on it goes on, the fighting always happening, even when she slept. She rubbed her eyes with her balled up fists, grumbling. "Sorry to hear all that, love. I can't say I won't promise to torch them if I run into them though. Especially if I'm on duty...co-pilot, remember?" She heaved a small sigh, starting out of the elevator. "I'm having the church contact machina directly for the purchase, so first we can get some clothes I suppose. For you, and I need to get my intimates. Then we'll get your supplies as well."
Deathkitten Deathkitten
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

nadia.jpgSeiva and Nadia
Seiva gave a soft 'mm' to his comments. Annoying that he hadn't told her much, but she supposed it would be pretty painful to just casually chat about. Oh well. "I definitely think the humans are keen enough to at least notice a big ring of dead plants and animals. Scientists eat that stuff up," she commented, standing up and placing a hand on her hip. Ritual, huh? He was planning something utterly stupid. She really wished the idiot would think about what Ruru would actually want, but again, oh well. She caught the cognac with her free hand and took a swig of it.

"I don't mind if you don't mind," she said, hand moving from her hip to snap once in the air beside her. Hardly a moment passed before a woman appeared. Nadia. Seiva's cute little servant. She was a half-banshee, so she looked like a human, but they were a useful little race that was almost always slaves in Hell. In Nadia's case, she belonged to Seiva, but it was well known among higher-ranking demons that she was more of an assistant (and mate) than she was a slave. The blonde-haired beauty curtsied and ducked her head at Shard. Half-banshees were mostly revered as slaves in Hell for their innate teleportation abilities. It made them adept at moving items, spying, mail-carrying, and much more.

"Lord Shardaken, a pleasure to see you, sir," she said, exceedingly polite as always.

Seiva nodded at Shard, "She's gonna assist you for a few days. She's great with people, so you can just tell Ruru she's a... I dunno. Foreign exchange worker? I don't care. I just want to be able to check on you and Ruru for a little bit."

"Lord Shardaken, sir, I will do my utmost to not disappoint you. I have made sure to research human tastes in coffee, tea, and confectionery treats. Hopefully, it will be of some aid. If not, I can always assist with tending to tables and the cleaning of the cafe," she smiled and brought her head back up, her sweet blue eyes inspecting him. To those particularly in the know, Nadia was actually Seiva's event planner and assistant in almost all things administrative. She handled planning the party and entertaining the guests, prepping food, and serving it. She almost always had too much on her plate, but she handled it with grace and dignity. When Demon Lords or Ladies came around, as they often did, she was ever more polite to them, and treated everyone, including Shard, as though they were thousands of stations above her.

"I'll be busy for a bit. Since you made me come all the way out here, I'm gonna handle some business in town. See you in a few days, Shard," Seiva said, petting Nadia's head before she calmly walked out of the back and out of the store.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Shardaken Lucrum
Devils Tale Bakery

tumblr_pl06ljaStE1uocgm5o7_500.jpgShard watched as she effortlessly opened a summoning portal, "It would be rude of one to not offer hospitality to a fellow Underling of a shared boss. I shall prepare the Guest room above the cafe. The entire basement belongs to Ruru however so i must say you are not allowed to enter. and due be careful. The attic is full of dangerous objects." he told Nadia, then promptly stood up drawing a small cologne bottle from his shirt pocket and spraying his hands to mask the scent of blood. " I thank you for studying beforehand however, no amount of studying and training can prepare you for the absolute annoyances those worthless cockroaches of a species dare demand from a mere barista for their orders. So please, try not to kill any rude customers... I maintain a 4.8 star review on yelp and i will be damned if i Let Patricia's Coffee and Chill two blocks down have a higher rating then this store." he spoke eloquently and with class. almost as if you could see the tongue in his mouth be coated in liquid silver. True enough, he had placed the mask he removed back on without any pause or error. In front of Seiva was no longer Shardaken Lucrum, 5th High General of Hell, but instead stood Shardaken Luke. Barista and cafe owner. "By the way Madam, do be cautious. Yesterday I have reason to believe Scile, my daughter in law arrived in the city.I heard some customers speak of a red lady with six arms walking the streets confused and lost. and well... How many demons with six arms do we know that would walk in public without disguise. She should be of no consequence to anything you have planned. But please be aware shes quite the fan of the old fashioned Demon greeting. Last time i met her was in Bordeaux during WW2. I was....graciously saving all that wine from being acquiesced by the Germans when I saw her in a soldier uniform. And before i could say hello. I was sent flying with a punch. I awoke half a mile outside Paris in a crater. So try not to make a ruckus if you meet her." and with that he gave a bow saying goodbye to Seiva. "Now then Nadia, the afternoon lunch rush is about to begin. You can get a quick read of the menu and there is a barista guide under the counter. Please do not disappoint." He added walking back into the store

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1591924148364.pngJupiter
She had to go get organized, take a shower, get some breakfast, and then place a barrel into an abandoned warehouse near the edge of the crater. Wow there were a lot of those... it still stung to look at. What felt like just the other day to her she could look in this direction and get a great pizza or a box of donuts... she could climb the hills... She teared up thinking about it, but shuttered that away behind a door with a loud sigh.

"There are people to save," she stated aloud to herself. Caesar wasn't too fond of this approach, but... Shade grabbed bad people... and he was right in that his record was perfect - at least the one from ten years ago, and she doubted that was gonna change. There was of course the little voice in the back of her mind that said this didn't look good, but that voice could shut up. The two people she was saving, innocents, were worth more than a few murderers' lives. She set down the big blue plastic barrel and sighed again as she opened the lid. Now all she had to do was wait.

Jupiter looked around the abandoned building. Strange that ones this close to the crater itself actually still stood at all. If it were a normal blast, the force of the wind alone would knock down buildings for miles. Was it intended to only cause a certain amount of damage? Or was it just a matter of the method they used? She hadn't done too much looking into it yet... but she wondered if they figured out what sort of bomb the bastards used. Had to have been something magical, or they wouldn't have paraded about all weird. Was the first blast just a warning for the second? If so, who were they warning? Powered or non-powered? Gods that protest got out of hand... and that crater... it had to only be worse from then on.

She felt her spine crawl before she saw Shade, but forced herself not to jump out of her skin, "Barrel for your thoughts?"

Shade The Grim

It was easy, far too easy. Trained instinct and precision, the mind of a hunter stalking its prey. Lure someone into an alley, and deal with them. Find them in the shower, deal with them. Find them drugged out of their minds in their little base with their buddies? Five for the price of one. He knew the criminal mind, many many years having honed him to understand their depravity, how they thought, how they moved, how they reasoned. And it made killing them so easy, it was a game at this point...a big game of hide and seek. See how long you can hide before you lose. And losers forfeit their lives.

Each body he dropped, every ounce of blood spilt, he stored within himself, like some obscene vacuum. It was a whole new brand of horror for one to find. Not only was it a total mess of limbs, but they all looked like they had suffered from a vampiric entity. The sights one would see caused the mortal mind to shudder in recoil, how could something like this happen? Better yet, who could do such a thing? The answer to both was easy. Shade. Collecting all ten bodies worth of blood, it took him more time to find Jupiter than it took to collect the 'supplies'...though of course, he did find her. Raising out of the ground he looked...far different than the last face she had seen, though his method of entry was all the same. Instead of some amorphous glob of darkness that desired you dead, it was something more...refined. A pure white mask and a black suit and tie, more of a gentleman than a nightmare. But the suit was too form-fitting, the mask to perfectly molded to the face. Indeed, it was all just another appearance, 'flesh and blood' as it were. True too, was his voice. Deep and smooth, like velvet to the ears. It was unlikely Jupiter had bothered to study heroes from a hundred and nine years ago, but to those who had that sort of hobby, it was all too noticeable. The Grim was back from the dead.

"You'll have to excuse me for running late, you took a bit to find..." He walked forward, long strides, calm but in a hurry. Reaching the barrel he opened it up and removed the lid, holding his hand over it. "My thoughts?...My thoughts are of an unending motivation, a drive to do this correctly. My thoughts are of what will be done to the demon who's done this...my thoughts are of these souls. How they've suffered needlessly... It is hard enough to let the dead go...it is harder to imagine what they suffer when brought back." From the palm of his hand, a waterfall of crimson began to pour out, all the stored blood being depositing out into the barrel, the wet splattering cutting the air. Empty eyes of the mask regarded her, head tilting a bit. "Forgive my appearance...I find it's only fitting...they'll know this look. Now then...what's the plan?"
Shadow.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Darren
"I get it," he mused, eyes falling as they stepped out and made their way to a taxi, "I'd get in the way. Even though I know their actions are deplorable... they're my parents. I wouldn't be able to sit back and let them die. You'd want to burn them on sight though. They'd not be easy to take out anyway... that'd be a big mess. They've dealt with angels before... heck, they even have a couple of seraph blades they've stolen. Those things are scary strong. They're like... an angelic superweapon. Only seraphim or greater get them and it's made from dead angel stuff in a special forge... or whatever. Their grace and stuff. It's seen as a huuuuge deal when any of those weapons get stolen. A disgrace to the angel that became the blade. Sometimes they end up in demon hands, so as I understand there's a big market for them in Hell too. But um... yeah... I don't want to see that fight. They're too prepared... and stuff..."

He was quiet for most of the car ride to the stores. Hell, he didn't even really react to her further comments about intimates. Depression had overtaken him again, and so he spent the entire car ride with his head against the window, lamely looking out at the passing cars and pedestrians. Since it was LA, it took them about three times as long as it should have to reach their destination, a shopping mall. A good choice, since it would have all the different shops they wanted. Heck, it even had a Lowe's. If she spoke to him, he only dully responded with small nods. What were his parents doing right now? He always kept a good eye on the news... and one of the biggest villain groups of Europe wasn't hard to get news on. If they were doing something, they wanted someone to know... and if they didn't, he knew the signs.

Mother was probably facing the business right now. 8 pm over there... dinner... so the form of her facing it tonight likely came in the form of a fancy dinner with some either crime lord or billionaire. Or both. If they were having a fancy dinner, then Father was there as well. All in the name of good PR. He was an intimidating man. Always disappointed that Darren didn't have more abilities. Invulnerability alone, that was useful, but it was always better with more. He balled a little fabric from the back of her shirt into his hand, an impulse, a habit, like a child that didn't want to lose their parent in a crowd. He was still lost in his thoughts and hardly seemed to notice he had done so.

Natalie Brenton
Her eye twitched a bit, her psyche self being beaten into a corner, Agas demanding she get involved. They had seraph blades? So what, that only made them a bigger target! She'd be more than capable of wiping them off the map! Psyche Natalie, as Natalie is wont to do, quickly grabbed the raging spirit of vengeance by the neck, holding her on the ground. Back to reality, Natalie was staring out the window, heaving a small sigh. "Love, cheer up. Your family is your family...I can't really relate, I don't have blood relatives I know. But I know you can't stick with people who are bad for you..." She really didn't want to get involved unless she had too, especially because they had Seraph blades. Not that she hadn't dealt with weapons that could actually do damage before, it was a frequent occurrence in some situations.

Getting out of the taxi she pulled Darren out as well, hand going to his shoulder and pulling him close so they could walk side by side. "Earth to Darren, earth to Darren. Come back to me, love. You have to pay attention if you want to get some clothes, yea? Don't look so down, we're gonna have fun. But if you want, you can take a nap when we get back to the hotel, I probably will do the same." She steered the way to a Kholes in the mall, tugging him inside. "Okay. So we'll get your clothes, get my stuff, then we'll go to more speciality vendors to get you your equipment...Know any good places around here for lunch, by the by?" She paused at the womans intimates, looking them over in silence, before grabbing a pair of bra's, one purple and the other black. Wandering off for a moment to find something else, she came back with a bag of boyshorts, nodding. "Right, what'll you need?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne Beaufort~
Farm Crash

1591931388277.png Anne held Aia's shaking form, cooing as she rocked the alien back and forth. "It's OK, nothing's here. You're OK." It was endearing how Aia was trying to put up a brave front, but it wasn't necessary. There was no danger, just a real life pause menu. The lack of danger ended quickly enough as the screeching of metal reached the doctor's ears. What the hell? A second later the realization of metal scraping is usually not a good sound hit her. "Oh fuck, Aia get up!" Heart racing once again, she did her best to stand her and the, admittedly heavy, alien up before the now deafening scream of metal smashed into the shed. For a little building, it held up well to the sudden impact. The shed itself became transparent before finally disappearing altogether, revealing a car as the source of the metallic shrieking. It flopped over without the shed's support and its horn rang out through the streets. Holy shit. If that shed had been weaker they would be road paste right now. Fuck, the people! That crash was like something out of a movie, there was no way the people inside were uninjured. "Aia, come help!" Bolting to the car, she went towards the driver's side first. Opening the door, she called out, "Are you OK?" Fuck fuck fuck! Please don't be dead, please don't be dead! She didn't know what she would do if her little adventure in a farm game became fatal for some innocent passerby. Anne was so occupied with the car, she didn't even register the hulking woman nearby.

((Interacting with Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia and Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Crumpled Audi | Mentioned Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon 's Scile))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back