• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1547270982949-png.pngDarren and Tracy
She glared at Natalie, but just about jumped out of her skin when Darren gave her a bear hug, "Stop iiiiit. I don't need hugs! Knock it off."

"Shut up, you need hugs," he responded, "A coke for both of us, please, Nat. Trace, even if you don't want to do this hero stuff, just think of it as a new experience. It's not gonna hurt you to try it out."

"And what are you if we're baby animals, huh?" she grumbled, shoving off her brother, "Fine. I'll do the stupid internship thing. Even if I hate it, it'll look good for publicity later. What the hell do you need us for anyway? Darren's just sturdy."

"Aaaactually... I've come into dad's powers too..."

"No way? No way! That's awesome!" Tracy sounded so excited, so contrasted from Darren's somber face. He really hated his dad's power still. "You could totally join the family business for real now! That's so great!"

"I'm not joining. You know how much I hate it."

"Yeah but... where else would you go?"

"I don't know. But if I got control of the company, things would be way different, Trace."

"Yeah well you're the son, it's your job."

Darren groaned and laid back on the bed, "You're impossible. Anyway, there are way bigger things going on right now than that. You know how our powers are supposedly a gift from God that's been handed down?"

"Yeah?"

"Well it is. So we have to help God out."

"Why the hell do I owe him anything? Aside from obvious scary skele-bitch, why should I?"

"For one, because I'm asking you to help me with this. For two, because he's literally GOD, TRACY. Even if you're only interested in your own gains, we know enough about religious myths to know that God is supposedly a pretty jealous, vicious kind of person. Flooded at least a good part of the world. Killed off a whole city. Etc. And those are only the greatest hits! I don't even know anything and I know that much!" he said, exasperated.

"To be fair, the whole flood and plagues situation was a bit more complicated than that," Tracy grumbled, folding her arms as she, surprisingly, seemed to know a bit more about the bible than her brother, "The flood thing was about all of humanity being awful and having a hard reset. Dark breeds dark, etc. It wasn't about God being a villain or being jealous or whatever. Though, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the whole world... To be fair, back then, the whole world was a pretty small place compared to now. The plagues are more complicated. That definitely had to do with God being a bit jealous. God even called himself a jealous god in the bible, though, so that's known. But that was still more about the Pharoah being a racist bitch and God showing divine power to make an important point. It was freeing people... and yes, people got killed in the process, which sucks, but... to make the point with the Pharoah and all that, it needed to be really drastic."

Darren stared at his sister, incredulous. They had never talked about religion before. Their father wasn't religious. Their uncle sure as hell wasn't religious. They'd never learned this stuff, even if they were supposedly blessed. What the fuck?! Tracy was ignoring that Darren was looking at her like she had grown a second head, and was instead still staring at Natalie.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Mary Moon

"I try to be a good person! There's not enough genuine good in the world I feel, people are either motivated by something other than real Altruism, or simply do it as a cover. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful person, before and after we get you all put back together Humpty Dumpty!" She grinned, only for her shoulders to bunch up as she cringed at the god-awful racket coming from downstairs in the front. "Right...i'll check that out. You know a lot, keep an eye on the oatmeal, it's easy! Kay be right back!" Mary jogged out of the room, breaking into a light run to reach the front and look around for whatever the heck had made all of that noise.

c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Ella Miller~
1624934735467.png Feeling her cheeks tinge a bit from her sister's teasing, she defensively replied, "They're good! And we don't get to go there often! Of course I'm going to save those delicious little bastards for later!" Her indignation was forgotten quickly as Addy switched gears. The change would've been jarring if they both weren't used to being prepared to adapt to unexpected developments during their missions. Reviewing the files that her sister had helpfully handed off to her, Ella couldn't stop herself from wincing. A mess was an understatement, the incidences were two huge shit shows. It was pure dumb luck that nobody got hurt, or worse, killed. The redhead couldn't help but wonder if maybe one or more of the supers that were involved in the incidences had some sort of luck based power; it certainly wouldn't be the strangest thing she had seen.

Eyeing the plans Addison had showed her, Ella added, "You got that right." The evacuation plans were easy and making sure the police and military cooperated was even easier. It was these damn heroes that were the problem. Most of them were privately contracted or acted on their own which meant that they wouldn't take well to orders; and the last thing they needed was someone thinking they knew better and fucking everything up.

'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.'

It took more self-control than she'd like to admit to not groan aloud. I didn't sign up for a uselessly vague philosopher to live rent free in my skull. No reply, not that she expected one. "So where do we start? Should we hunt down some of the involved parties and debrief them?" It seemed like a waste of time, but they learned quickly to always cover their bases. Sometimes overlooking the most obvious things came back to bite them in the ass. "Maybe we can get some of the local heroes to help out," Ella mused. Locals always knew the best information, so even if they weren't flashy big time heroes that could go toe-to-toe with the OA they were still incredibly valuable to outsiders like them.

Grabbing Addison's tablet, Ella brought up a list of local heroes and the information they had on them. The ones that have been here for a while should be the most useful. Of course, the newcomers that had gotten involved with the OA would be vital too. Glancing at an alert that appeared at the top of the screen, she clicked on it before passing it to her sister. "Looks like there's something happening at LAX. This could be our chance to start integrating with the hero community."

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Addison Miller))

Cyri smiled as she listened to morgans requests. "OA huh? I have a decent amount of documents on them. Though I wouldn't recommend getting near em. They stink of death so much so the only bugs I can ask to go near them are scavengers. But if its for you." she pulled out a burner cell "sharla. Send carrier teams Ixal through Kerion to bring over Files OA." she chimed before pausing silent and her eyes flashed purple as she looked around as if she was seeing things the other could not see. Tilting her head back and forth and leaning forward as if inspecting things before a big smile went across her face "oooh sharla. secondary priority make info teams 63 185 345 and 923 to Sector G and have them follow the cowgirl and the japanese girl. Send a few messages to any of our asian Informats for info on Unagi no Kuzai. Just give em some basic level info they want if they ask for it." she said smiling before hanging up. "Sorry, a japanese hero has just arrived in LA Called unagi? Fancy katana, summons demons and yokai. Seems interesting." she told morgan as she tossed the phone away onto a pile of pillows. "Also, if your wondering about the giant robot I wouldn't worry too much, our lovely orange Saint of LA is the one doing it so unless She finds out it will probably be ok!" Giving morgan a few more freebies as the sound of buzzing got louder and louder. a practical army of bees wasps and hercules beetles were carrying boxes and folders. dropping them all off next to morgan." Here ya go~ an entire map of the tunnels, plus previous movements through the tunnels going back a few months. and a few miscellaneous things such as various resurrected people that have popped up. Is this good? Figured id just give you all the info instead of having to gave you come back every time for new info... or maybe i should have. oh well! too late now that i showed my cards. ANything on that guy that I have should be in there" she chimed casually as if she had all of this just lying around.

Kyrenka Kyrenka ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Selena Star.jpgSelena Star
A purple-haired girl that Mary would recognize as Selena, a classmate, was in the middle of a warped mess of metal that was once a closed coffee cart. Crackling streaks of lightning, as purple as Selena's hair, danced about the metal in a cloud. The poor girl cradled by the mess stood up in spurts, movements blurring and jerking, moving quickly but inconsistently. She was panicking. She tried to step forward, but just a simple movement tore her forward and sprawling across the floor.

Selena was hyperventilating at this point, absolutely terrified. She wasn't powered. She didn't have powers. What the hell was happening to her?!

She tried to stand again and only succeeded in slamming her back into a tree, knocking the air out of her from the force. The tree groaned from the impact, splintering partway through.

Raum of Secrets
"It is not a mere dog you seek to tame, foolish girl." | Restaurant

Raum listened to Avro's request carefully, eyes glistening and a cryptic smile plastered across his face. As expected of an Archdemon of Secrets, Raum's expression was unreadable, and his thoughts were indiscernible even to Avro. He silently thought on Avro's request, pondering his response. He was utterly silent as he thought, the only noise coming from the demon being a soft tapping on the table as he tapped his finger whilst he pondered.

"I forget how difficult humans are," Raum mused, "you seek vengeance, and yet you fear the consequences of the aftermath. However, I must correct one mistake you have made." The demon suddenly straightened his back, and sat upright, gazing down upon Avro from across the table. "Panzer is no dog, girl. What you foolishly seek to tame is not a troublesome 'dog', but rather a wild beast."

The Archdemon proceeded to raise his hand, holding out two fingers as he continued. "As overwhelming strength is something you do not possess, I see two options most suited to you," he stated. "Should Panzer sign a contract of absolute obedience to you, a slavery contract, then your goal will be more or less realized. Alternatively, you can delve into vile magicks that alter the mind. The former is far more difficult to achieve. However, I find the latter to be a detestable and abominable art. I refuse to offer such knowledge for such petty motives - if you so desire, I will teach you of the former, but if you are adamant on the latter, I suggest you evoke another Demon Lord who is willing to offer such power."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

'Cute' wasn't the first thing that came to mind when one was talking about a Shoggoth, but hey so long as she was fine he'd call it 'cute'. "I've radiod in van's, the people will be fine, you don't have to drag around an artifact. I keep a personal list of therapists and psychiatrists in L.A and the other forty-nine states who specialize in this sort of thing...it's a very small list, but bigger than you'd expect. If Abboth ditches you here, I'll give you a lift, we have to take a detour though." He pulled a cigarette out, lit it with the zippo, and put the lighter away in a few simple and practiced motions, taking a long drag off it. "Dunnie, it'll be alright. It's not where we come from that defines us...or even what you are as a....entity. It's how you act and hold yourself that defines you. It'll be okay." Adam knelt down, picking the girl up and holding onto her, giving her a small pat on the back, the cigarette spit to the ground and stomped out.

"Well...I have to talk to Chutes and ask him to help me 'call' someone. If that doesn't work, we just have to head back. Sylvia is home with M&M so we have that to fall back on...Leona, did Abboth ditch you? If he did, you're going to have to ride with me I think. Mind a detour before the station?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten LostHaven LostHaven

Spear

A confused silence escaped Spear before he bust out into a laugh, head craning back as he struggled in Axioms grasp. "And they call me mad! You plan to just hold me here until someone arrives!?" It would appear that Axiom had other plans in mind, axiom movie 'falling' out of the window and onto the ground, earning another chuckle from Spear as he started to be carried away. "Clever! So, tell me, how long do you think he'll live? Think that's the last you'll see of him? Such sadness, to die alone from a gunshot wound that didn't even hit you! That's winning a lottery, just not the sort you want, you know?" Even as Axiom continued to run off, Spear continued to idly chit-chat and sew doubt about Chrysos's condition, and he didn't stop there. "You know, I wonder. You think those lawyers are going to be alright? I'm sure their bank accounts will be fine, they've got enough money to buy any therapy they want, but what if that doesn't work? Ohhh, we should send them 'get well soon' cards! I call signing first though, deal?" Spear continued to struggle, and even though his weapons didn't fall from his grasp, he couldn't really maneuver them to properly use them given the grip on them. So that left him just planting doubts and worry for his own amusement at this point. "Say, if you manage to capture me, don't suppose I get to pick the prison this time? Last one had such god awful food, I made the poor guy next to me choke trying to eat it!"
aa43ef43417489a7fbbffdbe7c6bdbe5.png

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Addison Miller
07334269a362649fb55a95106f7c7d4e.png
"Alright, that's fair...but you realize we can just get it delivered to us one way or another, right? I could probably have jacobs cook you some if you wanted, the man worked at IHOP before we hired him...but after his stint in the corps. Remind me next time we see Butler to ask him why most service folk work at a god-forsaken IHOP once they retire. I don't understand it." She rested her chin on her hand, staring at her sister. "Debriefing may be a safe bet, but two problems. I don't know who 'SoulFlare' is, her identity is tied up with the church as far as I can get it figured. Jupiter would be a safer bet to speak to, same for the demons. As for Beast? I haven't got a god damn clue WHAT that thing is, or who it might be if it's a person. It's with the military, I know that much, but we don't have that level of clearance it seems. I tried asking earlier today, basically got told to pound sand. Axiom was on scene as well, and I might be able to get us able to speak to him, but I'm going to need time. Butler might be able to direct us to Beast, but that's asking a lot of the old man this time around, and I don't know if he likes us that much." One could simply dive through military databases to locate information on the subjects in question, Lahn should be more than capable of bypassing earth security. Ah yes, and then I can explain to our contract why we decided to violate at least seventeen layers of security as well as break the law. As always, your adherence to 'rules' and 'law' hampers your ability, Addison.

The woman grumbled, wrapping her knuckles on her temple gently, a silent sign to Ella that simply said 'as always, she's a bag of fun'. "Approaching local hero's is a good idea. Problem is hero's aren't always the most cooperative sort, it's their way or the highway. Oh?" She glanced at the tablet, looking over the situation. Something involving a small time villain? "Good a place to start as any. Save suit up until we're about three minutes from the O/A, we can take a car. And then lunch after." She stood up, stretching her arms above her head with a soft 'mnnnf', rolling her neck. "You drive this time, I drove last Op."
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
Mary Moon

Mary's eyes went wide...was that Selena!? WHY WAS SELENA ZOOMING AROUND LIKE SONIC!? She was unpowered, completely unpowered! But...now she wasn't? Howwww and why!? "Màthair milis Màiri agus Athair Anderson, dè ciamar agus carson agus ciamar!?" Did she need to speak in Gaelic? No, no she didn't. Was it a panic response right now? Yes, yes it was. She moved quickly, a blur of movement as she appeared right in front of Selena, hands on her shoulders to hold her steady, staring at her. "Right, okay, deep breaths okay? It's Mary...you know, Mary? The girl you're totally ripping off?.. I'm kidding, that was supposed to be a joke. So, what's the rush ma'am?" First rule of being a speedster, while you're still learning you need to distract yourself. If you don't think about moving, you don't move, and if you don't move, you don't move really really really fast. "So while we're here, I actually need to see if you can loan me five dollars for a taco run, I get the feeling my lunch is going to burn."
(Translation: Sweet mother Mary and Father Anderson, what how and why and how!?)

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Selena Star.jpgSelena Star
Selena screamed when she was grabbed, thoroughly startled from the sudden grasp, and stared at Mary. HOLY CRAP IT WAS MARY!!! She was trying to stop hyperventilating but that was so difficult. How the hell was she supposed to stop? What was happening to her??

"I... you... what?" she panted, head tilted in confusion as she processed what Mary just said, "I... um... I don't think I have cash on me. What? Mary, what's happening to me? I don't know what's going on. I was... I felt kind of sick today... and... and I went out for a walk... to... to try to make myself feel a little better, you know? Just to take a walk around campus. Then I felt like... like this pain hit me in my chest, and now this is going on, and I'm freaking out. Mary, why am I moving like you?"

Ashimar the Sorrowmaker
"I'll swallow your soul whole!" | Empty Streets

Inferno slammed his wings into the creature's chains, to no avail. Despite appearing as though they were made of bone, the chains were incredibly hard. Consequently, Inferno was pulled into the ground, and was helpless as Ashimar began to reel his prey in. All the while, the headless thing was cackling in manic laughter.

Once the revenant was within distance, the chains loosened as Ashimar dropped the chains and lurched forward, firmly grasping onto Inferno's collar with both hands and pulled him close. "Revenant..." the creature let out a low growl. "TELL ME!" it suddenly let out an eardrum-shattering howl, pressing even closer - so much so that the wisps spectral flame burning in the creature's body would begin to lick at Inferno, leaving an eerie, chilling sensation where it singed.

"DO YOU FEAR MONSTERS?! DO I SCARE YOU?!" it screeched, gripped by madness. Then, without even waiting for Inferno's answer, he tossed the revenant aside, before frantically grasping at its 'head', though to little effect as it had shattered its own skull to shards of bone not long ago.

"WHY?! WHY DOES IT ACHE?!" Ashimar screamed, still desperately gripping at its nonexistent head. "SO LOUD! IT'S SO LOUD IT HURTS! WHY DOESN'T IT STOP- ah." Suddenly, like a switch had been flicked, Ashimar stopped screaming, calming in an instant and turning its 'gaze' to Inferno. "It's you. I need to kill you," he said, though it was mostly a madman rambling to himself. "I'll grind your bones to flour and turn your soul to a fine paste..." he mumbled, beginning to take steps toward Inferno, apparently continuing their fight with their scythe still discarded on the ground.

Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
Inferno
The Form Of Man And Satan's Pact
|"If it's not one thing, Theres always another."|

The skeletal captain was thrown into a side of a wall, Whilst hearing something crack loudly. "Agh! Holy mother of god..." He mumbled before placing a bony finger on the left side of his head. A small crack had formed on his temple from the impact, but he rose to his feet once more. He watched the reaper grasp for a non-existent head and screeched such things only a mad scientist could think of shouting.

Then the reaper began to speak softly once more, Saying something along the lines of killing Inferno. "Please...All I need you to do is just stay back. I'm giving you a fair warning." He spoke a the Reaper slowly paced towards him.

LostHaven LostHaven

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.pngAXIOM

Axiom proceeds to keep running, hoping to make it to somewhere clear of any civilians. He just hopes All-see retrieved his message and was making preparations for the captive. Spear begins to talk to him and Axiom, being the all-too-friendly man he was, began to engage conversation with the enemy "If that kid as strong willed as he is reckless, he'll make it within hair of his skin! He wasn't expecting much from you from how lax he was. If he survives, perhaps that'll get him to be more mindful on who he faces. As for the lawyers, we ought to send them 'Get well cards'. I know it's not everyday they encounter a terrorist. Good suggestion!" Axiom flashes a smile "Though someone else will probably do the call-signing! And I doubt you'll get to choose the prison, they might send you somewhere adequet for your ability! And I can relate to that inmate! I had my fair-share for awfult food! Unsweetened oatmeel and plantains for one!"

Mary Moon

At the question of 'what', Mary beamed at her. "Can I borrow five dollars, is what I asked. I think my lunch might burn." The diminutive girl hummed in thought at the question, head tilting this way and that, her mind running through hundreds of thoughts in moments. "I honestly can't tell you. You're outside the age range of the usual acquisition of powered abilities, however, there are abnormalities. I can't put you under a microscope and fully examine you though unfortunately, this is way outside the scope of my knowledge, even if I'm majoring in biology. I can however help you from personal experiences. I need you to take a deep, deep breath, and hold it. Like, as long as you possibly can, and then slowly exhale, and then steady your breathing. And then when you want to move, focus on moving as slowly as possible, and your body should re-learn its routines."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Shard sat in his living room above his cafe quietly drinking a cup of tea. This was his once a day 30 minute break he gave himself. Trusting the cafe to his subordinates and Ruru. TO him. this was some of the most precious time of the day. Today he had a hibiscus tea infused with raspberry extract and brewed with spring water. He took a long sip before giving a sigh. Finally, a brief moment of peace. Or He would like to say. However, a crashing sound from downstairs made his mood rather foul. Sighing and standing up he simply dumped the tea into a trashcan and set the cup down before walking down the stairs. "What have you idiots done this time" Shard asked as he surveyed the cafe. Jezzabel the only one managing the counter. She could handle it though. "sorry Boss, just shattered a cup. It was only glass so dont worry. I dont touch your fancy Venetian diamond glass" She said obviously mocking his luxurious tastes. Shard simply sighed swept it up leaving Jezzabel to go back to work. It was actually rare for shard to even get 10 minutes into his break. He had never been able to fully take the entire 30 minutes though.

meanwhile Epherial and grune were sitting on a bench that could be considered the waiting area for the cafe. "No No grune. You don't get it. Fighting 100 duck sized horses. or 10 horse size ducks. Its that simple." Epherial said as Grune listened intently. "....Can the Horse size ducks fly?" She asked to which Epherial paused. "Hmmm. I don't know. Maybe at that size they wouldn't be able to maintain flight.... or live actually... Hmm. Neither would the horses now that I think about it. OKay then. Lets say some crazy dude turned 10 ducks giant and 100 horses small. Which would you rather fight." He restated the question to which Grune asked. "Hmmm. Was it done through Technology or magic. Different procedures would need to be taken." which caused Epherial to go deep in thought. "Huh your right. Hmmm maybe this question is some philosophical debate or something. Like if you'd rather challenge yourself to climb 10 giant hurdles of hardship. or take a journey of 100 steps....." He looked off in the distant as if he had been enlighted. "Humanity has had much time to grow in the ways of thinking about the universe and oneself. We still have much to learn epherial." Grune said completely convinced by Epherial, who only responded with a "True dat bro....". Nobody was willing to tell them it was just an old meme. As both had a look of deep thought around them now. They would simply leave to two alone.

Meanwhile at a Booth. Ruru was catching up with her Half sister. "So.... Let me get this straight. You were just walking around the Himalaya mountains. because apparently you did that alot in the past. When a surge of multiple lightning bolts struck the ground before you. In the wake of the lightning bolts. stood some half elf half dragon wielding a battle axe as big as himself. And for some reason relatively classy clothes. He complained about some idiotic test of the gods. Before challenging you to a fight.... where you two proceded to fight for a week straight. And he was somehow able to.... eat your spirit arms and any energy you shot at him. While his attacks felt like they corroded your very body..... And when both of you were so exhausted you collapsed to the ground.... The lightning struck him and he disappeared without a trace...." Ruru said recounting the story the six armed demon across from her just told her. "yeah you should of seen it! he could fly and had jaws of steel capable of eating anything. And his arms and axe were coated in this strange purple magic that caused my body to decay wherever it attacked. He was an amazing warrior, though i still never figured out what he meant by Trial of the gods. Or why he barely could speak english." She said smiling as Ruru just sighed. "I swear you meet the craziest people...."

Oscar Aphera
Oscar stared at him and let go of a long, agonized breath, "Please drop the voice. If you're a friend of Jewel... as much as it pains me... you're welcome here. And no one will look sideways at you as long as you're with me. Your safety is ensured and you already got in and completed your task......." He looked at his watch, "aaaaand Jewel had to run off to some emergency with one of the brats she has to mentor. So she's not even here anymore. Feel free to relax and consider your job... whatever terms... done. Hang out for a while to let your kid play, though. She's safe here, too... not that that means much right now considering you broke in... what seems like multiple times... But I can say that none of us would hurt her."

"I know who you are, or, your job name, anyway. It's a pain that she doesn't quite give up her connections...," he sighed, defeated, but he had a small smile on his face of fondness for his wife, "So, what's she paying you? Money or a trade or something? If it's something in here or whatever I can go get it for you? No sense in making you wait if I don't have to." His tone had changed. He was still pissed off, but had accepted that this man... this merc... was considered friendly for now. He wasn't going to turn him in or something, not when it'd upset Jewel.

Project Nexus
...Displaying Memory...
Complete!
The man couldn't control himself as he ran with stacks of cash tucked underneath his arms. "I'm rich!" He shouted to nobody in particular as he sprinted forwards on the sidewalk. He knew where just a place was in Kagel Canyon, but needed some form of transportation instead of just running.
He started to look around, before his HUD auto-updated with a new mission: Find A Vehicle.
He needed a new weapon set, But how would he get to Angeles Armory, Inc? However, In a alley left of him, He would not be expecting to find this under a pile of trash.
1969-CAMARO-RS-Z28-BARN-FIND-1-620x465.jpg
A well-worn 1969 Chevrolet Camaro with a...RS Z/28 Engine!?! Nexus made his way over to the car and threw all of the trash off the car before finally climbing in. The car seemingly had not been used for a few years now, the dusty red-leather seats told the stories of once-great street racers. He turned the key in the ignition (which was conveniently already in the ignition), and the engine roared to life. "Yesss! I did it!" He shouted before placing his money in the passenger's seat and taking off into the streets of LA.

Natalie Brenton

A small smile was glued to her lips as the siblings went back and forth, moving over to the mini-fridge and grabbing two cokes, placing them on the nightstand of the two before sitting back on the bed, sipping her tea. "Simple. You're baby animals, I'm the nice lass who's making sure you're healthy and happy before letting you grow up to be the best you can be. And you don't give Darren enough credit. He might be sturdy, but he's also willing to help, he's smart, and he's empathetic. Those are all good traits for being a hero. He's got a good soul as well...no, literally, pretty damn clean, it's nice to see." She of course left out the bit where Agas had basically agreed to eat Darrens soul if he joined his family business, but that was probably a bad thing to drop in the moment. She sipped her tea, Agas grumbling as Darren refferred to her Father's actions as 'myths'. Though when Tracy dropped the knowledge bomb Nat stopped mid sip, Agas falling silent.

All eyes were on Tracy, a wide grin spreading across her lips as she lowered her bottle of tea, putting the cap on. "Oh I like you. So, for full disclosure...God's in pain and stuck. Like, literally. So we're going to do whatever we can to fix that, which is why you're important. Someone or something is playing a dangerous game, and the alternative is letting Agas start leveling cities until she finds the cause, and I don't think anyone wants that...Well besides Agas. You behave, you stay on petty sins, I don't have a reason to tie you up with rope. Because I can do it, I've done it before, and I find it fun. Sound fair? Any questions about me, personally?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tactician
Fucking...finally.

Tactician stared at Oscar for a moment, setting his coffee aside. "Friend might be putting too fine a point on it..." He sighed for a bit, of course Jewel ran off. Well, at least he was rather certain she'd uphold her end of the bargain. "Well, since she's gone, you can have this back." He reached out an empty hand, holding Oscars wallet in hand and placing it in his. "There, that's three. Now I'm done. And I'm done with that voice as well before I jump into traffic." Leaning up against the counter he grabbed his coffee, taking a slow sip of it. "Awfully friendly, considering you know who I am then." He took another slow sip, eyes on Oscar. "Terms are private, your bank account is safe though. Inform your wife to call me when she gets back, I need to speak with her, and I don't do third-party messengers." Despite Oscar trying to be friendly, it seemed like Tactician simply...wasn't. Then again, it wasn't him being rude, it was his nature to be a far less warm person, the only person who got 'friendly' out of him was Ada, and that didn't even exist when they were training...at least he didn't push her to the point his father did him.
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jewel
"Dense motherfucking twerp of a goddamned mafioso child like a fuckin water bag of blood getting almost killed can't even manage this much fucking idiot," Jewel had some... choice words to say as soon as the emergency beeper began screaming. She was moving as she did so, opening a portal to his location and stepping through with a purpose. She drew her sword from her grimoire mid-walk, not sure what was going to meet her on the other side.

Once she saw Chrysos's cocky ass on the floor bleeding like a spout and barely breathing, she was PISSED. Pissed at whoever did this to him and definitely pissed at him for getting into this situation!

"You're damned lucky your mentor knows healing magic," she grumbled, tapping the ground with the tip of her sword. A magic circle surrounded him and began to heal his wounds, "Got shot, huh? Should have had me with you, goddamned kid. You're gonna be stuck to my hip from now on, I hope you realize that. Your luck can't get you everything..." She huffed out a big sigh, "Whatever. We can wait until later to ream your ass for this dumb fucking move you pulled. For now, just... stay in the circle until you're fully healed. Explain to me what's going on here. What happened?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

As chrysos vision slowly returned he coughed up blood getting it all over his white jacket. Looking at jewel barely understanding her words he frowned. "y-yes Teach." he forced himself to say despite the pain it caused his lungs. Looking around he saw axiom had left the building with the villian in tow. And sighed pulling out a clicker turning his car off with it. "some.... heath ledger wannabe was gonna kill a bunch of lawyers. I thought it would be easy since it was just one dude. Crashed my car into the building to let the gas out... And some big dude in a red suit showed up.... Then. A bullet ricocheted and hit the clown in the lungs. But I fell down in pain. HE has some sorta voodoo shit.... If... I shot him in the head. Would I be dead?" he asked as he looked around. Then at his ruined clothes stained in blood. ".....Am i gonna get my trainee license revoked?" he asked as he realized truly just how bad he fucked up. "Ive been shot before. But all of the times it was nonlethal or barely missed a vital point. this... ITs the first time my luck didnt stop a fatal attack....." He seemed a bit shaken up by the fact of how dangerous it was in reality.....

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jewel
Jewel sighed, crouching down to him, "You're alright now, kid. I'm here to make sure you don't get killed. You'll be ok." She hugged him and pulled him to her so he was leaning against her, "I'm not gonna have your license revoked. This was a good lesson for you. That guy you mentioned is called Spear. He's got some sort of reflective ability, and is insane. So yes, if you shot him in the head, you'd probably be dead. But you're not. That's what's important."

"It's good you saved the lawyers from whatever gas you're talking about. Just... next time call me in to help out, yeah?" she sighed once more and laughed nervously, "Your dad is gonna be so pissed... And I think I'm gonna try to teach you some basic magic. It's always good to be able to heal yourself."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Oscar
"Thaaaanks. Friend or not, she'd get pissed at me if I started a fight with you," he sighed, taking his stuff back as he rolled his eyes, "As far as types of villains go, I'm most okay with mercs. They're not really villains, they're in a grey area. If you ask me, I think it's the same as a private military contract... its just jargon at that point. I don't like that just about anyone can hire mercenaries... including villains... but you? You guys just do your job. There's no malice in it."

He looked in the direction of the backyard, peeking his head around a corner to look out the window, "Our property is pretty huge, but I believe your kid is out back somewhere. Any of the family's kids love new playmates. Especially if they're powered playmates. The kids have to worry a lot about hurting normal kids, and they'd much rather play rough. Is your kid gonna be okay if they're a bit rough?"

Spear

He wasn't expecting the behemoth of a man to join him in conversation, but who was he to complain? "I hope he survives, you know! He'll be so much fun down the line, I can already tell. While we're picking up cards, I'll get him a 'see you soon' one as well, I'm sure he'd appreciate thhat. After all, I'm sure he'd love to have a nice chat, he certainly seemed cool as a cucumber...well, up until the point his lung was filling with his own blood!" The psycopath descended into a slight giggle fit, nodding along. "Sounds fun! I'll make sure they get their cards and sign them too, just because I'm that nice. I don't do that whole desk person signing shit for you, too impersonal! If you're going to kill someone you should kill em yourself, same for cards!" Spear devolved into full on laughter even as he was hauled away from civilians and down the streets. He wasn't getting out of this one, but that was fine. He never planned for a clean getaway. He'd made a new friend, and someone who was oh so interesting to visit later on! A full victory, especially when he figured the therapy the lawyers were going to need. "Oh I really must know, is that security guard still alive? If he is I'll make sure he sees me later!"
aa43ef43417489a7fbbffdbe7c6bdbe5.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Tactician

"Depends on the merc, some will work for anyone who can pay. I don't care about what the job is, don't do it out of spite or malice. Just a job. I don't feel anything but recoil when I pull a trigger, fry cook doesn't feel anything when he flips a burger. Only a dumbass tries to cheat a merc though." Another slow sip of coffee, staring out the back window. "PMC's are government sanctioned contractors, mercenaries with paperwork. Still a lot more independent than Heroes or some Villains. You can't send a hero to the middle east to help your military liberate a nation, you can pay the PMC's to do that. Geneva convention in nineteen eighty nine made actual mercenaries illegal, PMC's get by by following contractual guidelines and stipulations." Despite being an individual who's mind shunted out information, if it was rather important his brain kept room for some things, such as the finer points of difference between a merc and a PMC. "The Kite will be fine, puts most C-class to shame already. If your kids get rough, I can't make any promises that we might not have a new issue if she plays back." There was hardly an ounce of warmth to the males synthesized voice that constantly jumped to higher pitches and lower, just factual lack of care.
ed2c9c4d165ff4914d65a4a1a01168b7.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back