• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
31d6ef6d50e2abc2efc91117982f0bc2.jpg
Yami
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Yami grew a little shy when the man turned his attention to her and knelt down. Taking a step back she held her hands together before looking over and reaching up to point at a piece of cake that she wanted. If that didn't get her point across her tummy also rumbled a little as she stared the cake down before looking back to Ephiral with cute puppy dog eyes as a way of asking please. Her attention was grabbed when she heard others show up. Quickly making her way to the corner of the counter she leaned out from around it to see the scary lady, axe man, and a new woman hugging Ruru. Her attention though was mostly on Axe man as Yami quickly walked behind the counter once more to try and hide from him, going to Ephiral and looking back to him then the cake again hopping he would give her it. If Yami wasn't so hungry she would have bolted to the safety of Ruru but she figured hiding behind the counter was good enough for now​

Chutes.jpgChutes
"Daoloth is an eldritch entity. He's less well-known than, say, Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep or whatever," he answered, scrunching his nose as he stepped back a foot or two, "Sorry. I um... d-do you want dinner, then? I... don't... have... I mean, I'm not taken so that's an option..." She was joking, of course. It was a turn of phrase, of course. But... Chutes was kind of desperate for love. He froze up at any even half-flirt.

Her grin said she was joking, but he couldn't help but blush, scratching at his cheek awkwardly as he looked away, books simply floating in place. "So uh," he started up again, "that all sounds really bad. Why not just... fill the tunnel with like... sleeping gas? Or if you want to be more aggressive, some sort of poison?" He turned to one of the books with a much louder sigh than those before and opened it to a page before letting it float, still open, to Natalie.

"Right, well... From my research and... other methods that involved kidnapping a few ner do wells for information, I found some intel on these twelve members and their leader," he explained, the pages he had turned to giving a drawn depiction of each of them, one of them the woman she had seen before, "I apologize for my handwriting, by the way. As you'll read, most of them were big-time criminals before all of this. Some have a more interesting history, however. A few, like that woman you saw, seem to be possessed by something rather dark and cruel. Exorcism would be recommended if you wanted to save the woman underneath, but... she's likely very very broken and would spend her life in a mental hospital. Now, El. El seems like a different beast altogether. They're incredibly strong and would take many heroes to take down, I think. They also have a sort of... special forces group that kinda reminds me of weird ninjas."

"As for their name, they're from different areas and whatnot, so thus the alliance. Occard comes from El. It comes from his actual name, apparently, though I don't know what his name is. They plan on reducing most of LA to ash in around two months from now. A much much bigger crater than the one they've already made. I heard mention of a new inland sea... so... yeah. Not good."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Natalie Brenton

Wait...cthulhu? Fucking...what? "Cthulhu? Nya-however the fuck you pronounce that. They're real? I thought that was just a story and...well alright then." She paused at his offer, giving a slight giggle. "Love, I'm always down for dinner. But I'm not looking to date anyone, sorry. Though if you want to do dinner as friends or acquaintances, I'm always down." At his suggestion for sleeping gas she sighed a bit. "If it was easy as gassing them out like rodents, it would make it so much better. Unfortunately, I feel like the alliance would be either immune, or counter it somehow." Her attention drifted to the book, looking over it silently. "One of these is that Ezekiel girl...well then. Unfortunately, as you said, even if she was excorcized she'd be nothing but a husk. Sometimes death is mercy, Chutes. I figured the 'El' character would be tough, I doubt SoulFlare could take them alone. And I'd rather not consider what would happen if it was Agas going at him." At the mention of reducing L.A to ashes she stared at him like he had grown another tail.

"You knew they plan to reduce L.A to ashes. And you were content to just...chill in your library?...I'm not going to say anything, I promised I'd be nice." She rubbed her chin in thought, trying to think. "You don't want to fight, so we'll respect that request. But if we want to stop or slow their plans, we can't let them steal all these kids. They're going after powered kids... Alright, here's an idea. Back home in the U.K, we keep records of every child from powered and any children who show powers. Do you guys have that in L.A? If so, we could cross-reference that list and you could do...I don't know, SOMETHING to prevent them from being kidnapped. Like a warding or something of that fashion. Again, I have no fucking clue what you can and can't do, these are suggestions. If we can prevent them from getting their 'batteries', that helps in the long run. From there, we can work on facing these guys in fights. Your thoughts?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Oriax
'Stolen' Apartment | "I'm sorry, Raum. I was a bad influence after all."

Oriax didn't even reply when Dantalion handed him seconds. He just blinked at her a few times before picking the plate up, and tipped everything into his mouth, swallowing it all whilst barely chewing. "If I were considerate, I'd say something like you needing to eat if you want to grow, or something," Oriax commented as he stacked the emptied plate on top of his own. "Buuuuuut, somehow, I feel like that's not happening." His expression brightened somewhat at the hope of being able to get his hands on Raum's 'home cooking', but it quickly turned to one of dismay after realizing that 'Magma Krakens', 'Noxwing Wyverns', 'Basilisks', and so forth were most certainly not something one would find in a human market.

He quickly let that matter go, moving onto a less trivial topic. "The human 'underworld' isn't something to scoff at, actually," Oriax commented. "As filthy as they are, sewer rats can be rather ingenious creatures, it appears. It probably won't be too hard to find someone in need of information, the only issue is coming out of a den of rabid rodents unscathed - I was coming along whether you liked it or not, absolutely non-negotiable even if those trash aren't even worth a stain on my sword." Crossing his arms, Oriax nodded along to Dantalion. "Yes, yes, get some sleep, dying of exhaustion is definitely one of the more embarrassing ways to- wait, what?"

As if some horrible revelation had just settled in on him, Oriax suddenly turned stiff, paralyzed. All life left his eyes as his mind had a nuclear meltdown. There was practically static blaring in his head as he attempted to process what he had heard. Then, he lethargically stood up from the chair, and limped his way toward the corner of the room, stopping when he faceplanted into the wall. Then, slowly, his knees gave out as he fell to the ground, face still stuck to the wall. "Forgive me, Raum," he muttered to himself in a completely monotone voice. "I guess I was a bad influence through and through... and now your daughter will innocently declare she'll sleep with a dog..." He continued mumbling nonsense to himself, beginning to slowly slam his forehead into the wall, over and over again.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Dantalion.pngDantalion
"Oh my Lucifer, stop being so dramatic. It's not like we're going to do anything but sleep you perv. Get your mind out of the gutter!" Dantalion groaned, folding her arms as she watched him have a little meltdown, "I seriously doubt my father will mind us simply doing as we must in this limited scenario. I'm not about to let you sleep without a bed. It's unfair to you." She marched forward and grabbed his arm, tugging him along even if she had to drag him.

"I am not about to defile myself on you or something ridiculous. Dogs sometimes are allowed to sleep on the bed, after all," she stated once she had dragged him into the bedroom, "Get yourself into sleeping attire. I don't want your clothing stinking up the sheets." Dantalion huffed, more than a bit annoyed, and moved over to the bag of lingerie he had gotten earlier to try to find something suitable to sleep in.

"Don't manhandle me and you've nothing to worry about with either myself or my father, Oriax... and if he were unreasonable about it I would defend you anyway. Just calm down. This is about getting rest, nothing more," she grumbled loudly at him, coming back into the room after a moment or two with a lacy piece of lingerie on as a nightgown. She folded her arms once again, "Are you going to be stupid about this any longer or may we get rest finally?"

1606115897914.png

LostHaven LostHaven

Oriax
Apartment | "No, no, your dad will kill me."

Oriax was still in a near-vegetative state when Dantalion grabbed him by the arm, and dragged along the ground like baggage. "Listen here, you do not want to know what your dad can do to people when he gets pissed, it's a shame you didn't get to see," Oriax mumbled after he finally regained some degree of sentience. "I'm perfectly fine sleeping on the floor, heck, some humans sleep on the floor by choice."

The demon let out a dismayed sigh upon laying eyes on Dantalion walking back in the room, wearing one of the sets of lingerie he had bought earlier as some sort of perverted joke, and still insisting that they shared the bed. He raised his hand, and gave a gesture. Like an orchestra answering to their conductor, tendrils of shadow began to slither from the ground, dancing and coiling around sizeable empty space in the corner of the bedroom, twisting and layering on top one another until it settled into the shape of an armchair. Oriax then proceeded to walk toward his new chair, turned around, and dropped right into it, sinking slightly into the (presumably) cushioned seat. "There, problem solved, no more complaints, right?" He asked, with a smug look on his face as he leaned backwards and crossed one leg over the other. "Regardless of how much you insist, I am not getting into the same bed as you, out of fear for my life. I'm perfectly well sleeping like this, and besides, it'll be easier to react in case of an intruder."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sariel - stadium

I had to suppress a wince as my eye twitched madly in response to the demoness' flippant response. If she was thinking she could just go away and ignore the consequences of what she did, she was in for a rude awakening. She and the other guy - whom I saw collapse near instantaneously after managing to dig himself out of the rubble he was buried in - had almost completely leveled the stadium. There would be reparations to pay to get it back to its original state, and sure as hell it would be the two of them who'd cough up the cash for that. Notwithstanding the fact that I could totally have repaired the stadium by myself, I neither wanted to nor was in this place for that purpose. So the two of them would have to remain here until the police had arrived. And... her attitude pissed me off.

Power was a strange thing; everyone thought they knew what it was and how to define it, and for every single person who thought themselves right, there was a person who was wrong. Only a chosen few had ever approached the truth of power and found their own - incomplete - answer. I liked to believe that my own answer was closer to the absolute truth than theirs, if only because of what power meant to me. I was power. From birth into adulthood and the excruciating crucibles of a broken soul and aeons of warfare, I had never been anything but power. I knew might like I knew breath, or maybe even better. And this woman was pissing me off.

Still, it wouldn't do to not take precautions. One wave of the hand, and the wounded man and his broken sword were carried through the air and softly made to lie on the ground behind me. Another spell, and a barrier like a myriad of prisms fell over the stadium, blue light wavering as countless small triangles turned from invisible to visible and reciprocately, shimmering like foam on the tide. And then...

Sariel shield.jpg

I exhaled, releasing a little breath that dissipated in the air. Then power came out. To me, it was like reaching out with my hands, or maybe stepping forward. Power was like a body part, if a very ethereal one, and thus I felt this phantasmal part of me roil out like a bubble, scouring the air of dust and debris and pushing away the rubble, until the whole of the barrier I had created was filled. It was not a lot of power by my standards, but it was certainly not negligible by more conventional standards. It felt as if I was flying above the scene, as if I was the very air everyone within those bounds would breathe.

I closed my fist, and I felt like I was putting my hand on her shoulder. I was there, and I was here. I spoke and my voice reverberated within the barrier even though it had been barely more than a whisper. As if I had spoken in her ear, even though I was several dozen meters away. I spoke with calm anger and a chilly tone, and it sounded like the certainty of fate itself.

"You may not leave."

Unspoken was the second part of the message - you must face the consequences of your actions. I would not brook resistance on this matter. Everyone was to be held accountable for their deeds.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Death Knights' Encampment

Lurker snorted.

"We're sort of banking on that, miss. Not saying we're actively gonna go after the OA, but if we come across one of them, delet will ensue. I don't think anyone would disagree if a few of them got removed from existence. Now, we're aware that they're monsters, but... Well, not us who're here, but the Knights as a whole do have a few of those as well. And one of them's in town tonight."

As she spoke, a strange dullness fell over the forest and the camp. Every sound grew muffled, voices became distant and heartbeats grew louder. Lurker's own, steady and strong, slightly quickened. Harbinger's, slow and deep with strange echoes, suddenly jumped. Presentia's, light and hollow, became as a drumbeat, rapid and regular. An invisible pressure was creeping through the trees, pushing against the very life of the woods and the people around the campfire - whose flame was dimming with every heartbeat. Lurker twitched uneasily, and Presentia seemed to be taken by intense pain. Harbinger's inhuman face was undecipherable, but the way the black eyes darted left and right reeked of discomfort.

"Speak of the devil... That's him."

Then, very smoothly, another sound was heard. Footsteps, coming closer, unconcerned. Heavy, but not lumbering, with a slight metallic tinge. The woods were reeling, and howled in whispers as it approached. Ghostly voices grew shrill and silent as it was coming closer, and a slight chill crept up the encampment. The flame died out, nobody bothering to rekindle it - or maybe not daring to move. Then it lit again, a ghastly, phantasmagoric blue, and white frost spread across the kindling.

From between the shadows, a silhouette emerged. It was a man in armor... Twisted black plate with predatory motives, a shield like a maw with cold burning eyes, a straight sword without frills. The flesh beneath the neck red and dark and rotting, flayed open to the muscle, bleeding a black blood and smoking under the rain. From the neck up, deathly pale white skin without a speck of a semblance of life in it, a sharp face that may once have been striking in more flattering ways but now calm and silent as if dread itself, glimmering eyes filled with an eerie light, and a crown of black flame and smoke that roiled under the rain.

Rodrigue.jpg

He had no heartbeat.

Calmly, he came to sit on another log around the campfire, and loosely flicked the blood off his sword into the flame. The fire screamed, the blood burned and the flame turned red and warm again. He sheathed the sword without a second look at the fire, and let out an elated sigh. In an instant, it was as if the world had blinked. The rain clattering against the protection over the camp could be heard again, voices were back to full volume, and heartbeats faded into background noise. Harbinger's entire body jerked as if shocked by lightning and Presentia shakily turned around to throw up. Only Lurker seemed to be unaffected, but her skin had taken a somewhat sickened hue. When she spoke again, her voice was rough as if she was having a hard time talking, her breath heaving up between nearly each word.

"So... uh... This is our boss... Rodrigue Muerten... also known as... the Dark Knight of Shrikeport..."

She shivered, and shook her head before addressing Rodrigue directly.

"So... boss, what brings you back here ? I thought you would not return before at least six more hours."

The spectral gaze of the undead knight turned to the masked woman, and surprisingly enough it was a rich and deep, mellow voice that came out, although it had a faint hint of raspiness of an unnatural kind. Rodrigue's lips quirked into a half-smile, thinking of a joke only he knew.

"I have found a worthy quarry and claimed my mark. It was a good fight, and I now seek to rest before we engage. Does my presence disturb you so much that you wish I was elsewhere, Ilse ?"

Lurker was taken by spasms the instant Rodrigue said her name, and her voice was shaky when she answered.

"No offense meant, boss... But yes. You're great and all, don't get me wrong... But you're no good at all for troop morale. Even us officers are hurt by your presence, so the goons won't fare any better. Also, for damnation's sake, you always forget about the protocol. No names while on mission. Except yours, you're literally in history books. Well... Anyway. Miss here would like to join us for the raid, and I told her the decision's on you."

Rodrigue eyed Caroline enigmatically, white-blue eyes staring deep into the woman.

"Very well. Whether or not it is nice to meet you is yet to be determined... but I am here, so this matter can be attended to. Convince me."

Damnation

A soft chuckle escaped her at Lurker's words, tipping her hat back a bit to regard her. "Don't think anyone would mind if the O.A dropped dead and stopped kicking, no ma'am. But being hardheaded will only get you so far in a fight like that. Though I think you've got plenty of that going for you lot. I can respect it." Something was off in the forest, goosebumps crawling up her arms in a silent warning of 'somethings afoot'. Her head went on a swivel to try to figure out what was going on. The entire group here was on pins and needles now, like someone had lit a fire under their ass and told them to sit over it. "'Him' is awfully ambiguous miss."

Caroline didn't usually feel fear, she took it out back and shot it between the eyes the day she left home to do some frontier justice. But someones body could tell when something was off, and adrenaline could course through your veins even if you were an uneasy calm. Her attention shifted towards the direction of where footsteps were coming from, eyes narrowing. Raising her arm up in a manner similar one would do to block out too much sunlight, he entire arm caught alight to work as some sort of living torch. Good that she had done so too, the campfire had just gone out on them. If this wasn't a ghost story she'd tell on the trail she wasn't sure what it was. Fire burned, that was it's nature, she knew that as an innate law of life. But the fire that lit up in the campfire spread frost, and some deep portion of herself realed in the same fashion one might as if they saw something that went against their very code of ethics. Fire was hot, fire was every bit as alive as anyone else. It didn't spread frost...maybe she had too much of her momma in her for that to pull a chord like that.

As the knight came into view, she found a strange feeling spread over her. Not fear, per say, as said that was dead and buried under the old weeping willow in her backyard. But perhaps the understanding that the slightest move could have her sprouting out of the ashes again. Attention went to the sound of someone losing their cookies, and in spite of herself she found it a bit funny. Cruel perhaps, but it was always somewhat funny to her when someone got sick out of fright. The fire went out on her arm as everyone settled in again, and as she learned the name...a small grin spread across her face. Rodrigue Muerten, she knew that name. Hell, it was one of her favorite campfire stories. It was sad, but you had to respect the mans ability all the same. Not everyone got yanked out of the grave on the Mississippi river and culled a band of outlaws.

As she was addressed she gave a nod, the feeling of nerves slowly dissipating off her. "Well, in my humble opinion, pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'll pardon myself from making myself look like an ass and asking about you, sir. As Lurker said, I'm hoping to come along on your little mission. L.A is a big place, and I've made roost here long enough ever so frequently to be a nice enough guide to have around. I might even be able to prevent any mishaps between you lot and the authorities, y'all are vigilantes. I could go on for a hot minute about why it might be a good idea for me to come along, but you don't strike me as the sort who'd really put too much faith in some random firebirds words. So, how about a game of it then? A game of holdem, you win and I'm out of your hair. I win and I come along and talk shop?" It was a stupidly large risk to come with them on a mission, but if she could tag along she could try to limit the bloodshed and possible civilian casualties by adjusting plans. Getting them to stop outright was no longer a question, not when she knew she was dealing with Ol Rodrigue. She pulled a deck of cards from her pocket, showing them to him. They were old, and a little worn to be fair, but they functioned all the same as a brand new set. "Either way it goes, it's still a good way to pass time at the fireside, yea?"
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

613e61de30458ff240a8da28e02af69a.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg
Havoc
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Havoc glared Bryne down as he spoke, her look only growing more furious at his words. Surprising she didn't respond with Violence to him. "Useless." She grumbled quietly to Bryne seeing as he was between her and the front door she walked right past him. Her shoulder bumping into his s she pushed past him and headed for the door. "Do what you want sexy but don't get in my way. My point is to kill them for taking Rita from me." She stated to him bluntly before leaving. Walking into the garage her eyes danced over the plethora of cars Rita's family had before her eyes settled on something surely fun. A big Military style truck that was so graciously parked right by the garage door brought a smile to her lips. Walking over she took off her weaponry and tossed it in the back before turning the car over. Its engine roaring to life as the garage door opened and Havoc left home to go to the police station.

Along the way Havoc couldn't help but grumble to her self about how dare they take Rita from her, how dare they. It took a while but eventually Havoc pulled up by the police station in the night, nearly being 2300 when she finally got there. The tires screeching to a halt in front of the building before she turned the car off and hopped out. Surely she got some looks as she went to the back and opened it. Hooking the ammo box onto her hip again before she grabbed the gun once more. Lifting it out with ease she walked up a psychotic smile on her face as she held it by her left hip. "Ohhhhh booooooys!" Havoc called at the police station as the she pulled to stun grenades from her belt and tossed them into the front door, breaking through the glass as the barrels started to wirr to life. "I've come for something of mine!" She called before she pulled the trigger. In an instant the deafening sound of 2,000 rpm came screaming out as bullets tore into the station where rita was held. Before anyone could even react her hundreds of rounds tore through the station and whoever was still in its way as she laughed with joy. Slowly walking up as the flashbangs went off to only aid in her little high profile rescue. Of course despite her recklessness Havoc prepared herself, pumping energy into her body and skin to harden it so any bullets or projectiles that came at her wouldn't penetrate​

Last edited:
1606259152119.pngCastle Ruins
Key gotten... again. All the keys. So many keys. Somehow, a video game was much less fun in real life. Luckily, this was shorter than the fifty hours this would be (at least) if it was truly a game. Through the door, down a long hallway - gotta be dramatic, of course - and into another large room with an equally dramatic door... was..........

The kid.

The poor thing was unconscious, sprawled out and looking like a mess on a slab that looked somewhere between a bed and a table. He was wet to the bone from the rain outside, and by the looks of what he made, like many do when their powers first come in, he exhausted himself to the point of unconsciousness. For many, the realization they have powers is such a shock they’re a danger to themselves or others around them until they calm down. Most get their powers very early, so the adjustment period is short. Some are less lucky.

For a kid like this, though, it was a mixture of unfortunate circumstances. His father’s death only served to exacerbate things, and he was just old enough to understand how big and scary things were.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

189D314E-7E60-42F9-894F-8DE40D84B551.jpeg
Samantha
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha let out a relived sigh as the doors opened to see the child laying on a slab. "Finally we found him." She said to quasar before she burst into a run over to where the boy laid. Coming up beside the pillar she reached out to grab the child. Gently cupping him by his neck and legs to pull the boy over. "He's unconscious but ok as of right now." Jasmine said softly to Quasar while looking over the soaking wet boy. Of course he was passed out, this was a massive thing he had made so it was understandable he was out cold. The only question now was how to get this world he had created to disappear so they could take Louie back to his mother. "What now Quasar?" She asked her companion as she studied over the boy to just try and make sure he was well and ok.​

Last edited:
Kallen

o796ImoDC7xC9dNrvawPATX7n3Vo4kxPhcZ0OS7dDPh_cAKQ3BSX2R63qe_5ZtCsfVNKI42RW9JAEjHp03nY08VLtL1p0f_tcubeyhmqfb3XyJaArflvPhczYZVqg14kXpENHmH4
Life has a way of throwing curveballs at you, doesn't it? One minute, you're speeding through the frozen craters of the Moon, and next, you've decided that after being ripped through a random wormhole and into another area that looked like Earth before the fall, your best course of action would be to pull your trusty Wristbreaker and stand over the unconscious body of a child. To some, sure, it looked like it could be threatening, but your Ghast though it was cool, right? After all, there it was vibrating through sheer excitement, compressed within the confines of the thickest part of your armor and whispering things like "you look so freaking cool right now!!!" alongside the less important statement of "but where exactly are we??"

It didn't matter where you were, because as long as you looked kickass, confident, and cool as Space itself, you were good. She wouldn't have "survived" - truly a subjective term - this long without such Sagely wisdom, and if it kept her alive, then it had to be right... Right?

Or maybe she was just that damn good - no, she was definitely that damn good.

So, with her hip cocked, her feet firmly planted on either side of the kid, and her Wristbreaker leveled in front of her, she would wait. In her position, no matter what came through the single pathway into the odd space around her, she'd definitely be the first to get a shot off if they came in peace - oh, who was she kidding? She didn't even need one hand to count how many times things were coming in peace when they were blasting down doors, and it was even less frequent that the initial warning shot was enough. Kinetic shielding was a bitch like that - made people too confident and cocky. It also let them be too confident and cocky, because who would have to worry about getting their chitinous dome turned inside out when they had a kinetic shield to give them enough time to duck behind cover and start trying to push the line.

"K-Kallen, how did we get here?" Came the tinny, filtered voice of her Ghast beneath her chest rig. "And why are we protecting an unconscious child? Why are we not leaving and finding a way back to our fireteam?"

A sigh escaped the robotic, glinting "lips" of the Deus Ex Machina as she kept perfectly still, then began to drag the boy back behind one of the many towering pillars nearby. Still, her Wristbreaker kept leveled at the door, until she could sit the boy up.

"He's still alive, Guardian," her Ghast continued after a precursory glance. "Not doing well, but he's alive. This place.... It's kind of dim, isn't it? Huge, too. I don't recognize it at all - and what's a Human doing way out here? No less a child - he should be in the Walls. We should get out of here before-"

"We can't leave until you deal with the kid, Saggi," Kallen responded, her voice a surprisingly clean Alto for a robot, which became somewhat filtered after she slapped her helmet on. "You deal with the kid, and I'll deal with whatever busts through those doors."

It was a moment before her trusty Partner could respond. What was the best course of action here? Saggi couldn't feel the Light here at all, as if they were entirely disconnected from the Giver and left to their own devices, but the Light was still strong within them both. This couldn't have been the work of the other races - no, they wouldn't have taken some random child to some random place to lure them in since they were more or less ripped from the Moon to.... Well, they weren't really sure. This didn't feel anything at all like where they were once before, and only the Giver knew what could possibly come looking for the child. Maybe a rescue team was already sent out to look for them?

Looking to their Guardian, Saggi couldn't help but notice just how little the environment affected her. The moment Kallen had landed here, she moved without a second thought, black boots planted like towering ramparts and her armor giving off a matte sheen that wildly contrasted the golden shine of her Wristbreaker and golden accents. Kallen was one of those Guardians that didn't have to think about what she had to do next - it was almost like she had lived through all of it so very long ago before they found her corpse and raised her into the World of the Living once more. She was worthy of being a Lightbearer, which is why Saggi had chosen them, and even when things seemed impossible, Kallen was always able to pull out of it ahead of the game.

But this.... This didn't feel like that. This felt... If they could swallow, Saggi would when they thought the word "Uncertain."

"Hey, Saggi," Kallen piped up, leaning her head towards the Ghast yet never really taking her eyes off the door. "Quit with the worryin', yeah? You're cramping our sty-."

And, of course, as cool as she did look, nothing turned out like she had planned. Apparently there was another door that she was too busy trying to look all cool and immovable to take note of, and the moment the door had slammed open, Saggi had disappeared to snap right back under Kallen's chest rig. This time, however, Saggi had been shaking in fear, and it had thrown Kallen off too much to be able to react in time. Before she could turn and get a shot off towards the would-be intruders, they had already reached the boy and began to scoop and tend to him, but being in Kallen's position, she wasn't able to see or really hear what was going on what with all of Saggi's rambling inside her helmet. So she did the only thing she really could do at the moment.

An Ear-Splitting CRACK!! split the air like a bomb as she fired a round off above the head of the.... Human? Didn't matter. Didn't matter to begin with. With a snap that looked almost too quick to keep track of, Kallen's Wristbreaker was now leveled at the head of the one holding the child before she had broken character to audibly seethe and stomp her foot in irritation.

"Goddammit that sucks every fucking time why the Hell did I think that would be a good idea?!" She barked, shifting the revolver to her left hand as she shook out her right, the sights still leveled at the intruders. "Hands off the kid, lady, before I give you the royal treatment. I'm not gonna let some scrubby.... er.... Oddly-Clad scavenger snag some kid to haul him off to the Space Market for some quick credits, y'know.

"And seriously? A low-cut dress in a gunfight? You some kind of Sorcerer or somethin'? Where's your Ghast, too? And why would one of you ditch the Fort when you got all those books to read?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Quasar
Fuck video games, Fuck video games, Fuck video games

Key this, key that. Spend money here, quest this quest that. Whatever, this was usually that moment when they got to the light at the end of the tunnel, right? Entering the room she paused, arm outstretched towards her. "Wolf wait!" Who the hell was this chick over the kid!? Did he manifest an end game boss!? Wait no. They didn't match up to the entire fantasy genre rpg. Looked more like a sci-fi fps or something. Wait a minute...Oh god damn it. She knew that character design anywhere, it was a Fate character. Jade loved that game...and Ariah found it annoying and stupid, like almost every video game.

Alright, relax. Relax. She could scream later, handle this carefully. Wolf had a gun leveled at her head, and she didn't dare think what happened if they died in this video game. "Wolf...I want you to back away slowly. Seems Loui managed to manifest a character from yet another game. I don't want to get into details, but I don't want to find out what happens when you die in a video game that's stuck in real life." As much as she was putting on the calm facade and relaxed, on the inside she was currently ripping her hair out and screaming in frustration. When did this fresh hell END!?

She took a few steps forward, keeping sword and shield on display. "Ma'am, please relax. I'm going to establish a few things. One, we're heroes. I'm Quasar, B class. That's Wolf, S class. The year is currently 2058, we're in Los Angeles. We're assigned to get this kid back to his mother. He manipulates reality, and brings video games into real life. Unfortunately, we got sucked into his own little RPG dungeon and got transformed into this. You have no reason to trust us, we have no reason to trust you. Let's just talk this through, so we can end this day and get this kid back with his mother." She krept a few steps forward before coming a halt, shield and sword at her side. "Neither of us usually look like this. So I'd ask you make no comment about how we look because I swear to god I'm done with all of this today and will be happy when I'm back home where I can just forget this horrible nightmare ever happened. So if you intend to badmouth how I look, YES I'm aware it's idiotic, YES it sucks, NO I'm not enjoying it, NO I don't want to talk about it."

Her temper was admittedly getting a little better of her, but this was just icing on the cake at this point. "So I say with as much kindness as I can muster at this moment. Please let us take this child home. We have civilians stuck in this reality of his as well who need to get home to their families. And in the event you insist on being stubborn and think to yourself 'oh, she's clearly insane. Oh, she's trying to trick me'. PLEASE come with us, and I will gladly give you the damn sword that I'm stuck with if it means I can get out of this HELL. Now please lower your weapon." She was trying to be nice, she honestly was. But the frustration from the day had crept into her voice, and somewhere near the end she just got tiredly exhausted, like a mother explaining to her child that 'no, licking the light socket will not give you electricity powers' for the five thousandths time. "Did I cover everything, or are you going to shoot me? I'd rather you didn't, because I'd really rather just go home and watch a nice movie, and go the hell to bed."
1601131336415-png.786069

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

189D314E-7E60-42F9-894F-8DE40D84B551.jpeg
Samantha
Interaction: Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Samantha was while surprised also not shocked that one more thing came up. Her eyes went from the boy to the woman holding a gun pointed straight at her head. Listening to both of them she sighed. While Quasar could still keep herself cool Samantha wasn't so much so now that they had the boy in sight. Despite her wolfish features being gone a very animalistic growl came from her throat as she stared the gun down. Despite it she took a small step back like Quasar had asked of her. "God always one more thing keeping us from our goal." She growled as the staff pointed back at the woman. In reaction a ball of flame the size of a bowling ball formed at the tip of the staff ready to let lose the same moment that trigger was pulled. She was pissed, beyond pissed she was furious really. They had the kid, he was right there!! but of course this shit stain of a creation had to get in there way. "Seems Quasar had summed it up but I'll just reiterate. We are to get that child safely home and get out of this nightmare. So get out of our way." She demanded of him.​

yEizcel.jpg
Visvian
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian was still busy chowing away when Raum came back. Every plate having been cleaned and even some eaten as there where bits of broken plate on the table as she was busy finishing the last of the food. A pancake half eaten in her mouth as she watched Raum walk up with big eyes. Pulling the cake from her mouth and finishing her bite she stared him down for a moment before speaking. "Where you nice?" She asked him before taking the pancake back in her mouth. quickly finishing off the rest of it before reaching for another piece of food only to find the plates empty. No matter really as she grabbed one of the plates. bringing it to her mouth she bit in with ease, breaking the glass and chewing at the glass while staring at him with big eyes.​

Raum
Diner | "By all technicality, ceramic is not edible."

When Raum returned to his table, he was met with what was nothing short of a trainwreck; shattered shards of ceramic scattered all over the place, an absolute mess of sauce, syrup, and whatever else these humans could possibly smother onto their food, and at the center of it all was the tiny, all-devouring celestial dragon. "If taking into consideration that no blood was spilt, I'd say that I was relatively civilized," Raum replied as he surveyed the damage. The archdemon let out an unintelligible sigh as he watched Visvian fervidly grab an emptied plate, and shove it right into her maw. "Normally, I would like to tell you that dining-ware is inedible," Raum said with tinge of amusement mixed with disappointment. "But, I shouldn't be surprised now, after watching you chew through concrete and rebar like nougat."

What to do now? Normally, one broken plate wouldn't be much of a bother, especially when it was a kid that was the culprit. Most restaurants just laughed it off and dismissed it at that. A whole table of shattered plates and glassware was a whole different story, however. Thankfully, none of the utensils nor plates the diner used were expensive at all, so Raum wasn't too concerned about paying off the damages. Using priceless ceramics when dining seemed to be a rare privilege for humans, it appeared. "It would be fare simpler to feed you a kraken," Raum commented as he began to pick up stray shards of ceramic from the ground and placed them on an emptied plate. "But it appears that humans seem to see the kraken as some mythical creature, or whatnot."

With another sigh, Raum picked up his jacket and threw it on. "Let's leave now, I'd hate to be barred indefinitely due to excessive damage to their property," Raum said jokingly. "My guess is that your apptite is far from satiated, but let's find somewhere to shelter from the rain for now. Normally, a cozy tree would do for me, but I can't exactly leave a child with amnesia out in the cold, can I?"
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Kallen

1606536699725.png"Game?!" Saggi spat as the Ghast digitally materialized from Kallen's chest rig, her shell spinning in irritation. "You think our lives are but a game, do you?! When was the last time you faced off against a galactic threat with half your bo-"
Kallen, seemingly unfazed by the developments between the hot-tempered Sorcerer and the Bi-Polar Paladin, raised her hand to press against the faceplate of the shell, the motion itself silencing the little Ghast before she started even more trouble. At the moment, she had herself at a disadvantage. If the sorcerer fired, Kallen would have the chance to dodge, but the Paladin would be on her quick, and she - of course, forgot her sword at home since they weren't going up against a space cult in that one particular moment with the fireteam. So what exactly did she have on her to counter the Paladin, who though she appeared to be amicable, was a terrible negotiator?

How did she see things playing out? It was always tricky with others at a Guardian's rank in combat. If Kallen wanted to go the fun way about it, she'd have to fire first, but it'd have to be at the Paladin after disengaging from the Sorcerer's line of fire. Use it as an excuse to get the Paladin to turtle up so she could maneuver unabated before she would have a chance to throw a Detonating knife at the Sorcerer's feet - even if the woman could blink out of the way of the explosion, she'd be forced to retreat, but what then? Even if she could nade their position afterwards - if she would've even been able to correctly predict the Sorcerer's options (even if it was a better option so the Sorcerer could trigger a Well and buff the both of them), that grenade wouldn't have been likely to finish off the both of them at once, and it could've put the kid in danger.

Through all of her ruminations, to the two before her, it was obvious that Kallen was weighing her options, but to her Ghast's dismay, Kallen had decided to holster her weapon, the Wristbreaker's home clicking as it was seated in its rightful place for this instance.

"Guardian, what are you doing?!" she barked, quickly twisting in the air to look at her companion. "They could be lying! Are you really about to gamble on them being honest right now?! They could be traitors to the Wall-"

"Saggi, we're not in our own world - or at least not in our own timeline," Kallen finally clipped, after more than a minute of internal debate. "There isn't some kind of Cult magick cutting the Giver's blessing off from us, because we apparently still have it, and Traitors would've rushed us already.

"So we'll let them take the kid,"

"Excuse me?!" Saggi barked, cutting her Guardian off again.

"But," she said with a lifted hand, fingers curling until only her index was left which pointed to the kid. "We're going with. That's not negotiable, and if you want to stop wasting time - as you seem wont to do, then you'll agree to it. I might not be from this world, but if it's anything I'm good at, it's killing time and getting away with it. What's the exit strategy? Do you have an evac team waiting to pick up your team and the kid, or are you hoofing it out? Which route are we taking? How many more do we need to fight through and how close to exhaustion are the both of you, because if you need to rest, I can scout wherever and thin out whatever resistance is waiting."

As Kallen rattled on with her questions, a menu had popped up in front of her, but she was taking her time. There was no way to know what they had dropped into, and for all she knew, this could've been a single building that spanned a larger territory, so she had to be careful about her choices. Wristbreaker would stay, but the shotgun had to go. A cascade of digital effects flickered across her back and hip as weapons flashed in and out from her inventory before she was done, and after all her preparations were done, her body even flickered a strange, cold blue before the menu disappeared and she pulled from her back what appeared to be an automatic rifle. The main body was a Vantablack, with an odd liquid floating within a chamber ahead of the trigger guard and what appeared to be no barrel within the front of the firing system itself... Before she opened her menu again. The Wristbreaker - contrary to her last decision, had shifted to something that looked more sinister on its own. It looked heavier than the last, with a larger frame and even a small bayonet attached to the barrel, small spines lining the weapon up to the revolving chamber and a twisted hammer. A quick check over her weapons, and switching back to her rifle, and she was ready to go, racking the bolt with a satisfying slap before resting it over her shoulder.

"So if we're ready to queue up the boss music," she chimed, Saggi tucking herself away under her chest rig. "Then let's get this party started, shall we?"

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Quasar
It's so good to have my body back

Reaching out with her sword she gently placed the flat of the blade on Wolf's staff, gently applying pressure to lower it. "Relax, threats don't do anything but start fights. I want to go home, you want to go home, I'm sure Louie wants to go home. Let's just go home." Attention shifted to the Guardian, heaving a small sigh as the Ghast materialized. "Poor choice of wording perhaps for first meetings. Usually I'm better at this but I've had a very frustrating day with this mission, and it's like having toothpicks shoved under your fingernails and jammed in with hammer for me. So you'll excuse the rocky start." Even though the Ghast had been ready to start bad talking, at least the Guardian was considering her options.

Standing at relaxed attention as she watched the Guardian she heaved a small sigh as she finally relented. "We appreciate the show of faith. We have no reason to lie. I just want to get this kid home. If you want to come with, fine. There's no telling what'll happen to this entire dungeon system when Louie is outside of it. I'd hypothesize it'll dissipate without its 'power source' in the middle. Exist strategy is to leave through the same way we came through. We cleared a path of 'low level' threats that are about as dangerous as a drunk toddler. We have civilians we have to escort as well, so we'll divide them amongst the three of ourselves in groups. The biggest concern on our exit would be a...what was that, a vampire?" She glanced at Wolf for input before shrugging. "A very hungry humanoid that we placated with food. Considering the swath of enemies we defeated on our way in, we should have very limited resistance. Anything we would run into, you and Wolf can deal with. I'll be carrying Louie. As for exhaustion...I think both of our stamina bars are full." She took a glance at her bars before giving a nod. "Yea...don't ask."

Carefully scooping up Louie in order to take him out of the dungeon she glanced at the other two women. "It'll be nice to have my suit back, I missed having my systems." Getting out of the dungeon was so much easier than getting in. Dividing the civilians amongst the three of them and making their way out through the way they came in, they were completely unbothered by the vampire who was still chewing on the meat Wolf had given her, and the low level mobs outright ignored them. Once they reached a certain distance away from the dungeon it simply...disappeared, and Wolf and Quasar got their bodies back.

It was very much a large shift to go from human back to herself, about a dozen running systems coming to the forefront of her mind. So much better, to have her chassis back in control. Glancing at her body quickly a slow relaxed sigh escaped her. "That is so much better. Happy to have your tail back, Wolf?" Glancing around at the Civilians she spoke up, placing a quick call to the authorities and dedicated a small portion of her processing power to handling it. "Alright. I'm calling the authorities, they'll want to speak with each of you and gather any reports, and then you'll be free to go home. Please standby until then. Wolf, ready to take Louie home? Guardian, I suppose you're coming with?" She looked around, the city park all the way back to normal. "I'm sure the squirrels appreciate having their territory back."
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka

1606595981809.pngThe Tunnels
Sabaoth decided he'd be patient as he waited for the people of the military to figure out what they wanted to do next, even if little Axiom said his name wrong. He would, unfortunately, have to wait for far longer than he had anticipated as Tabby's superiors decided to take a different course of action.

After some deliberation, the chain of command decided they'd secure the perimeter as best they could around the crater, but send no one in. They wanted no lives lost if at all possible and hoped that more information would come to light from SoulFlare once she was done with her own mission. So, surprisingly, it was a calm night. The OA seemed to not wish to act, and nor did the military. In all honesty, they'd send out the Beast, but he couldn't actually fit... so he was excused from duty in this instance. Lucky him.

Unlucky him, though? Tabby and Thomas had to stay out there in a pop-up tent for the two of them that had two mini rooms, just in case something went wrong and he was needed.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Meanwhile, Axiom has been going about finding random pieces of clothing, laying about across the crater and began tying them together the best he could to make a pseudo blanket out of, with a few clothes left over. He then went to were he left the body of the dark paladin: One a large enough slab of broken concrete to lay on in a clear enough space with no debris around. Axiom laid the make-shift covers across the ground as flat as possible before taking the body of the dark paladin and laying it down on the center of clothing blanket, before folding both ends of the blanket over the dark paladin, making sure it was nice and snug. Axiom proceeds to take the head of the dark paladin and warps it in remaining clothing before placing it gently next to the dark paladin's wrapped body. Axiom looks around a moment before spotting a long piece of rebar on the ground near him. He picks it up and begins to drag it across the ground several times until he gets an outline in the shape of a sizeable rectangle. Axiom takes the rebar and shoves it into a giant piece of concrete. He then stands over the slab before touching it with a single finger. Electricity surrounds it before it blows ups, only to reveal a near perfect slab in the shape of a large arrow head. Axiom takes his make-shift shovel and walks back over to the rectangle carved into the ground and begins to dig up inside the shape. Hours passed as Axiom dug away into the rectangle, with some of the by-standers that lived in the area watching him every now and again, wondering why he was digging. By the time evening hits, Axiom had managed to make a deep enough hole in a prefect rectangle. He pulled himself out and walked back to the dark paladin's body, picking it up, walking back to the hole, jumping down into it, and gently places the body down. He proceeded to do the same with the paladin's sword, shield, and head. Neatly placing them all atop the body. Axiom walked to the slab he had once laid the paladin on and proceeded to pick it up and walk to the hole, then set the slab down long ways at the head of the rectangular hole, standing up. Axiom picks up his make-shift shovel and proceeds to cover the hole. By the time the hole was covered, desk has officially covered the skies. Axiom kneels in front of the small bit of the concrete slab sticking out the hole and with his electric finger, begins to carve into it. After Axiom finishes, night time has come and he stands in front of the grave of the dark paladin. Axiom knew he'd do best getting some sleep...But he'd rather not. He wasn't in the mood for nightmares tonight. Instead he began asking himself questions. Who was the paladin? Was he someone else before now? Did he have family or friends? How would his future have looked had he lived? What was his name? Granted, he shouldn't care. He didn't know the paladin...But he figured he deserved to have someone. Anyone remember him. Axiom puts a balled-up hand up near his both before covering it with his other hand, then closes his eyes to pray for the dark paladin.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

c4dde271f9e033e5b02acb132c617de7.jpg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Samantha sighed question to herself as whoever this was went from enemy to friend. For some stupid ass reason but none the less it was over with. Quickly the group made there way back the way they came and before Samantha knew it they left the area and instantaneously turned back the way she was a deep sigh of relief came from the girl as she looked over herself, her tail reaching around as she hugged it. Her years twitching as Quasar spoke to her. "Very much so." She said with joy as Samantha looked over to Quasar and the boy. Walking over she gently took him from Quasar. Figuring systems had to reboot and she didn't want her dropping the kid. And nodded. "Yes let us get him home quickly. Im sure his mother is overly worried with how much time has passed. Its been nearly a full day." She said softly to Quasar before her attention turned to the guardian woman again. "And hey space lady. Where ever you come from you aren't there. This is our earth so it will be best for now if you just follow along and learn ok. We can figure out where you came from later." She said softly to her before she begun back towards the home of Louie. She got a few steps from them before looking back. Louie's head resting on her shoulder as she looked to them. "Well ya comin Quasar? gota get your recognition for the hell he just put us through." She said to her with a teasing smile.​

Chutes.jpgChutes
The conversation that went on from that point was interesting, and slowly Chutes relaxed. SoulFlare was intimidating for a social shut-in like Chutes, but Natalie? She was really sweet but not coddling. She wasn't trying to please him and make him hear whatever he wanted to hear. She also didn't seem scared at all. Plus! For agreeing to help, he was gonna get a date with her! Even if that didn't go anywhere, it did mean that he was gonna get some practice in! He... hadn't really gone on a lot of dates. Usually, people were afraid of him or couldn't be trusted. Natalie seemed like neither, and while she wanted something from him, she was extremely blatant about it. So much so she was even kinda rude about it.

Was this what a crush was like?

Chutes offered for Darren and Natalie to stay over if they wanted, but it was up to them. Now... he had a lot of work to do.

E4A2F8E9-D4EC-4726-B6F7-37E97CE6D560.jpeg
Visvian
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven

Visvian looked to raum curiously as he spoke of a kraken. Clearly thinking it was some food as she gently licked her lips at the thought before her look turned into a pout as he got up to leave. “But I’m still hungry.” She whined you him but got up none the less. Grabbing a plate to go she got up and went to his side. With one hand she Reached up gently took his And with the other she brought the plate to her mouth to bite into. Listening to his words she looked at him curiously. “Do we sleep in trees?” She asked him curiously.​

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, Sept 15th, 08:00 - Los Angeles
On the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs: (colored by urgency - red > yellow > green)
scanner.png
  • Distress call sent out from cruise liner off the coast of Los Angeles. Pirates suspected. Please respond with caution, hostage situation almost inevitable.
  • Hero detail requested for scheduled non-powered protest today.
  • A large pack of dogs reported roaming the streets early this morning. Any hero good with animals requested to respond.
  • Street prophet still harassing passersby and disturbing the peace on W Adams Blvd and Arlington Ave. Requesting a nearby hero to peacefully disperse him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back