• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
1601937810688.pngShield
He gave the directions as he adjusted to that ever-startling personality shift. From a sweet but sassy punk chick to a punk chick with an attitude a mile wide. He was quiet aside from the occasional turn right or whatever. He supposed they could go "as the crow flies" but he didn't feel like getting tree branches caught in his hair or in her... erm... ribs? Either way, it wasn't that long of a drive since traffic wasn't really a concern. Mostly he was distracted with the horrible thoughts of his family getting killed and it being his fault and even if... even if they deserved it... he hated the thought of killing anyone. It made him feel sick all over again.

"He works in the family business. An overseas partner. There's Bella, the daughter, Janet, the wife, and Mochonna, the husband... who is related to my grandfather's brother," A small part of him, while he explained what she wanted, was thinking about the fact that if riding on this bike was going to become a habit... he really needed to at least trim his hair. If it got caught in the bike or on something he could only imagine the chewing out he'd get from SoulFlare.

The first thing they could see in front of the house was the family's little daughter playing with a whole bucket of plastic horses and a little castle playhouse. She was bright as bubblegum, and at the very slightest inclination that the hell cycle was there, she was already running down partway into the street to get a look at it.

"Hi! My name's Bella!!" she squeaked, bouncing up and down, the heavy, silver metal cross she wore around her neck bouncing like crazy beside the cute little moon necklace, "Momma said don't talk to strangers but you're on FIRE! That's SO COOL!!! Why are you on fire? Does it hurt? Can I touch it? How hot is it?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
SoulFlare

Defying the laws of physics, scaring the piss out of people on the road, and driving way past the speed limit was a routine Shield was just going to have to get used to when he was on the bike. Riding up a wall and onto a rooftop and further off on their quest she listened to Shield give his little 'run down'. "How unsurprising. Rats tend to nest together, I suppose. You're going to wind up sending me on a globe-trotting trip at some trip to clean up loose ends, you realize that?" There was malice in her voice, there always was, but there was also just the factual statement of it.

Bringing the bike to a screeching halt outside the house and stepping off, she unceremoniously tugged Shield off as well, empty eye sockets regarding the young girl. "Very nice to meet you Bella. The fire is part of who I am, it's like hair. It doesn't hurt, please do not touch it. It is very very hot." She wasn't going to get anywhere with this child blocking the way. "I need to speak to your Mommy and Daddy about something very important. Can you please take me to see them?" This of course was more than enough information for the child, who excitedly grabbed her hand and led her off, the Hellcycle being consumed in a hellfire blaze and disappearing into the ether.
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

addison.pngAddison Soleil
"You are tooooo that bad. I feel that though. Effort is hard. Especially sometimes," she agreed, grabbing a jar of chives to hold out to her, "You're such a massive dork. Thank you for adding an egg. A speedster like you needs the protein." Addison crinkled her nose a little at the whole shpeal about being secretly naked, "Yeahhh... no. I can tell when you're on your period though. Smells strong when anyone is. I can smell B.O., or someone's unwashed underwear. I can smell the cologne someone's using to try to smell nice for their girl. I can smell the sea ever so faintly still on your hair. I can smell... mm... I can smell the steam rising from your pot of water, and I can smell the powder for the noodles."

"If I wasn't totally useless, I'd try to be a hero, you know?" she mused on the previous conversation again, "I'll be able to make a difference in psychology, though."

Mary Moon

Accepting the jar with a soft 'thanks', she leaned on the counter as she listened to Addison speak. "I get plenty of protein, I appreciate your concern though." Mary suppressed a small gag at the mention of smelling her time of the month, along with the other things. "Sorry, more than half of that nearly made me lose my appetite. I can't imagine how foul that all smells. I'm now going to start wearing cute perfume to mask my scents. Unless you like the smell of the sea, then I might just go on more beach runs more often." At her mention of the steam she glanced over her shoulder, hurrying over to the pot to put the noodles in before coming back. "Shush you. You're far from useless. You're super smart, and you'll be the best psychologist the world has ever known. Just because your eyes don't work doesn't mean the rest of you don't. Your other senses accommodate for the lack of the vision sense, your brain has rewired itself to not necessarily need it. That's just the human biology at work."
c5cfd98287cfb21da411b3c9cfdf92465212b882_00.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Axiom watches as Deus Vult descends into the cave. He presses his earpiece "All-see, this is Axiom. Support has arrived is about to engage the obstruction. Are there any other directives?"

"Not yet but there are other situations that require attention but that isn't of any of your concern for the moment. Proceed to stand-by until the mission is complete or further complications arrive."

"Understood." With that, Axiom is left to stand there in silence look two the two spectral knights besides him and then down into the tunnel, then back at the two knights. He figured that maybe as they wait, he could ask them a few questions while he had some time. Axiom takes a deep breath as he wasn't the best at starting conversations. "I uuummm, hope mind me asking but...Mmmm....W-where do you...Come from? I mean...Where do ALL of you come from? A special realm? From the past?...Space? In a galaxy far, far way?" Axiom gave a small chuckle before immediately stopping and straightening his face. of any humor The last part did sound foolish but Axiom figured it wouldnt hurt to ask anyway
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
ada.jpgAda and Sean
Sean looked down at his phone, "Uhh... Raul says to tell you fuck you but also that was fun and he wants to buy you a drink? How... Did you make friends with him already?"

Ada was grinning at her father, "Well yeah, they were playing a little game and dad won."

"I am... confused... but alright. Uh... so... what should I tell him then?" Sean asked, looking at the two of them like they were a little weird, which, they were, so fair.

Ada answered for her dad as gleeful as could be, "He'll totally go get a drink with him! He needs more guy friends! He needs more friends in general." It'd be good to get to know the guards anywayyyyy, but this guy sounded fun! It'd be nice for her dad to get to relax a bit from time to time. Maybe he could actually get a guy frienddddd!

Sean looked at Casey for confirmation, more worried about what he said than her general excitement about it, "You, um... you don't have any friends outside of work?" He was scary. That didn't surprise him.

Raum
A Storm Drain... | Truly, kids are quite the fearsome creatures, I say.

Blink. Blink.

Raum's four eyes fluttered open, glowing deep crimson for a moment as he started to rise from his slumber. His beak parted wide open as the raven let out a long and loud yawn. "Really now, I never fancied myself a sleepwalker," he commented groggily, still half-asleep as he brought one wing up to the side of his face, beginning to slowly rub his eyes. Somehow, he had found himself in an unfamiliar location. Looking up, Raum noticed a grate, separating him and freedom. He tried to spread his wings and take off, but his whole body was far too soaked, and uncomfortably damp to allow for flight.

"Quite the conundrum," he muttered to himself. Raum's thoughts soon began to drift off as he tried to recall the events that had lead to his imprisonment under a storm drain. Last he remembered, he had decided to take a rest upon the branch of a particularly nice tree... and... the particularly annoying voice of a little boy.

Oh.

That wasn't a dream. Raum had dreamt of a little boy finding him on the branch and remembered vividly that little devil's various means of tormenting him, a poor raven trying to get some rest. The boy had toyed with him like some sort of action figure, swinging him around in the air and playing with his feathers. Raum recalled clearly the thoughts going through his head at the time - the various ways he could've ended, or at the very least, ruined the rascal's life there and then. His eyes were wide open and practically begging to be torn out, and his fragile, developing mind was particularly susceptible to all the unspeakable horrors Raum could've made it witness.

But in the end, it was just a little kid. Though a demon he was, Raum would never wish a horrid fate upon most, and a child no less. Besides, he assumed it was likely just a dream. After all, his mind seems to fabricate the most bizarre things in his sleep, and this could have easily been one of them. Deciding that the little kid could do no harm to him, Raum had just decided to close his eyes and drift back to sleep.

But well, clearly, for one, it wasn't a dream. That kid had probably thrown him into an open drain and thought it funny to pour water inside, and second... "It seems I was mistaken. Children are fearsome beasts to be reckoned with, after all. More formidable than any foe I've encountered thus far, it seems. A harmless exterior can be quite a powerful weapon in the right hands indeed." Raum chuckled to himself as he attempted to formulate an escape plan. Unfortunately, he was soaked for some reason, so flying out was not an option, and besides, it seemed somebody had put the grate back over during the night.

"Certainly an unwelcome dilemma... Now how to solve it...?" he grumbled.

(Open for interaction I suppose)

Casey Kemp

"I'm just a good people person, couldn't you tell Sean?" he replied with dry humor, glancing in the rearview. He gave an audible, slow sigh as Ada spoke for him. She was trying to get him friends...he didn't need friends, he worked fine by himself, he always had. Though...getting to know the guard would be helpful over-all. "Don't need em, I enjoy being by myself. Besides, never really alone, I have Ada. Tell him I'll accept a drink, but just make it a coke or something. I don't do alcohol. Too many bad experiences." That wasn't the total truth, he just didn't drink because innibriation was a stupid fucking way to get his ass kicked, and he always had to be alert. That, and the last time he had drunk, the bartender had tried to poison him. Over-all good reasons not to drink.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Deus Vult

The crusader marched forward, coming to a halt once the paladin was within sight. Mirroring the paladins action he raised his blade towards him in challenge, resolute in what he had to do. "Nâðinc gâsthâlig lecgan onhindan êower, ' yfel ongietan oð sôðcwide. Forð forth clop for ðâm ðe unbeald hund unl¯æred sê fær." It was easy to speak old English, he'd resided over soldiers of many country, English just being one of them. "Mine place is that of the commander of the ten crusades, and champion of Michael himself. Whither once a paladin may hast stood ere me, i only see a shade of 'tis former self. Thou shall find thy redemption 'i perpetual wink, for god's righteous glory." He gave a slow nod towards the paladin, continuing on with his speaking. "Grant me the name of the man I brow, so I may know wot thou 'i perpetual wink, and then brow me with what honor thou hast left."

(Translation: Nothing holy lay behind you, that I know for truth. Only rock and cowardly dog lay that way.)

The knight to the right of Axiom turned his helmet, voice stern and strong, though ethereal all the same. "We come from death itself, at the behest of our commander. Our loyalty is absolute to his will, and we shall follow him wherever he may lead. What liege do you pledge yourself too, or are you but an aimless soul with no loyalty?"
8de9463278a87bd25a062c95436d47eb.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

She laughed, "Nah, you learn to drown it out. Same as white noise. I wouldn't notice it unless I was trying to... unless it's like... super bad, but then we have a whole different issue on our hands."

"Can you help me by putting on some hot oil? As 'super-smart' as I am... I still don't think hot oil would be a good idea for me to mess with," she gave Mary, or at least where she was speaking, a grin, "I'd like to make some breaded and fried chicken tenders. I prepared some yesterday. If you ask nicely, I miiiight share them with you."

She'd share with her. She always shared with Mary. They were practically sisters.

"I can whip us up a couple of drinks if you'd like, though. A little bit of a fruit cocktail sounds tasty, and we're done with class so alcohol should be fine~"

Mary Moon

"Got it, got it. Don't worry myself too much, understood." She started to grab the required cooking utensils, putting some oil on for her to heat up. "Course! Don't need that cute face of yours getting oil burns, those scars are nasty, y'know? Then again...they say a girl with scars is super hot to some guys...I'm KIDDING don't throw a shoe at me again." An embarrassing growl escaped Mary's stomach, a nervous laugh escaping her. "Fresh chicken tenders? That sounds great! As for drinks...mmm, nothing too hard okay? That goes for you as well! I don't want you stumbling around like my grandfather and falling out the window....like my grandfather...He was fiiiine though. But he also fell out of a ground-floor window, which we are not on."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1601951606559.pngA Walking Dead Man
Bella was more than happy to take the nice interesting fire skeleton lady inside. She grasped her hand and walked with as much purpose as her little adorable legs could muster. Inside were both Mochonna and Janet. The father looked like Darren almost more than his own father did. The same bright blue eyes and a cute face with a mess of silver hair on his head. His eyes met that flaming skull and he visibly paled. His soul looked the same as the rest of his family, pristine, sterilized clean.

"H-hey hunny, we told you you're not supposed to talk to strangers," he said with a sad smile, crouching down to her level.

"She wanted to see you and mommy!"

"I'm not surprised she did. Well, thank you for telling us. Can you go back outside and play? We're gonna have an adult conversation," he patted her head and nudged her off, standing again to look at his wife. His wife had a surprisingly clean soul, but not overly so. There were no gaps or missing pieces. She had nothing to do with the MacAlasdair family's darker deeds. He went out of his way to make sure that was the case. "Janet, hun, I need you to go outside and watch Bella for a bit." His wife was, understandably concerned, but obliged and headed out after giving him a kiss.

He watched her leave before looking at SoulFlare, tears welling up in his eyes, "I was warned you were in the area. Would you like a cup of tea?" He smiled, "I've been trying to get out of this business... trying to go clean for Bella and Janet. Only makes sense I guess that someone came for me. Comedic that it's now instead of before. Did you get sent here? I've made more enemies trying to leave than I ever had beforehand."

lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617.jpgAXIOM

Axiom is silent for a moment as he ponders the question presented to him by the knight. "I'm loyal to this nation's Armed Forces...To a fault..." Axiom admits. He's loyal to them because despite the commanding officers' indifference towards him, some of them look up to him. Fought with them his entire life, watched some die, and had some swell times with them, even if they were brief, the small pleasures keep him going. Then there was The Alpha Syndicate. The gathering of heroes greatest superpowers that he had the honor of calling his "family". The sacrifices they made to save lives and inspire hope despite the risks to their own lives. He could say the same with the average man. Amazing people who simply live the ups and downs of their natural lives. He found it endearing to see these people go through the worst and the best. To grow and shrivel. Like a beautiful chaos...A state he'd wish he could share with them. "But...My true loyalties lie with my fellow man and my fellow do-gooders. The diamonds in the rough." Something then dawned on Axiom when he said that. Thomas and the young man. Without another word, Axiom rushes away from the entrance and heads back over to the young. He kneels down and puts his head against the young man's chest to see if his heart was still beating.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

SoulFlare

Walking with the young girl into the house, eye sockets boring into the parents. The mother was a good soul by most standards, but dusty enough to pass as just a good individual instead of someone like...well, Darren's family. She made no comment as the child and wife vacated, gaze never leaving Mochonna. "Not thirsty." She tilted her head a bit, slowly walking forward only for her hand to lash out and grab the front of his shirt, lifting him up into the air a bit. "I'm going to be blunt. Your family, and it's business, is sickening. A cancer that creeps on society and the life of mankind...you say you're trying to leave then?" She paused. Was he actually trying to leave? Not being able to see his soul was infuriating, and dead men cried real tears. "Dara sent me on a goose chase about angel smuggling. Do you know what I found? Children and seraphim in shipping containers pinioned like butterflies and stripped of their dignity and clothing. I had a nice chat with one of those seraphim...they said someone matching your family's description was looking to buy her. You want to live for your family, so start explaining, and do it quickly. The only thing you've got going for you is I can't decide if you're being honest or not, and the fact I don't trust Dara and his scum of the earth brother. The only redeaming feature you have right now, is your wife wasn't caught up in your family's carcinogenic business."

Even as she was speaking, something nagged at the back of her brain. He'd made more enemies leaving than staying. Was it possible that Dara was playing chess and using her as the piece to take out the others? The thought pissed her off...when she got her hands on him she was going to rip out his still-beating heart and shove it into her jaws. She gave him a firm shake to emphasize her point. "Start talking, I don't give everyone a chance, so use it while you have it."
EeJXmO_eNfj0o53-7waA5mzjfZe0TVtHeAhV5ZOZD_3HIBIQo_Ptgx6Z7ok1-P6XmaXr81E1rFg--pv4aRnki5t8alik8HkcIeR48f6bMwfNNMhsLeZnn8UqrkM5NCTV6xF2rddA

Deathkitten Deathkitten

3D499A70-AA6B-488C-8F1A-0F95C4B53D60.pngA Dead Man Walking
Mochonna didn’t fight her hand as he was lifted into the air, having accepted that he’d be punished at one point or another for his actions. By God, probably. He had squandered his blessing. Fell into the same hole his family sucked everyone into. Sure, it was all he knew, but that wasn’t an excuse. Not really. It didn’t make the terrible things he had done any better. If SoulFlare wanted information before he was killed, then it was the least he could do.

“I am. I’m trying to leave to support my family. To give my daughter a chance at a normal life. I work for the company still but not... not the darker side of it. It’s why I moved to the states after my daughter was born. The... the seraphim you spoke to... I kept them for a while when I was overseas. I requested them to be sent here so I could set them free. Bought them for that purpose. I knew they wouldn’t be treated well in transport... but... I couldn’t do any more than that without putting Janet and Bella in danger.”

He was still crying, not sobbing, not shaking in fear though he was still pale as a sheet and terrified. He nodded as best he could, “Dara... he... people aren’t allowed to leave the business. He cleans up those that do. I thought I’d be safe enough all the way over here but... I’m clearly not. Just... please let Bella go safely. She has God’s blessing but not the abilities that go with it. Dara and the others don’t even want her.”

SoulFlare

The flaming skull stared at him in silence, weighing his words carefully. "So you want me to believe you bought the seraphim to free her? Let's say I go along with that. I also don't put it past Dara to try to squash any defectors. Dara sent me to clean up that smuggling ring so I'd come back to you, is that it? Then you know that if I don't kill you, he'll find someone else to do it. If you're lucky, he'll kill just you. If you're not, he'll kill you and take your family." She studied him in silence, keeping him held up in the air aloft. "I don't like you. I'll never like you, and if I knew everything you'd done I'd be so much more willing to kill you. But Dara's obviously using me as his own cleaner...and frankly, that pisses me off a hell of a lot more than you trying to turn your life around. So here's how this is going to work. You help me and Dara's son, until I inevitably eat the bastards soul and his worthless brothers soul as well, and then you're going to atone for your sins. Either by me torching you myself, or you finding a suitable alternative. Otherwise, I'll kill you right where you hang right now and I won't feel a shred of remorse. The only reason you're being left alive is you have use. Do you understand?" She released her iron grip on his shirt, resulting him dropping to his feet with a stumble.

"I had no interest in your daughter to begin with. I'm not going to cull a family line just because she's related to you. If that was my plan, Shield would be dead already. Now then...are you going to help, or are you going to burn?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mochonna MacAlasdair.pngNot Dead Yet?
He was silent until he was dropped and addressed again, "I... yes... I'll help. I'll help you and Dara's son... His name is Darren, right? He's... not a villain, then? They made it sound like he was. They boasted about him and everything... well... after his sister's death, that is. I... I think I know of a way you can see my soul properly. I don't know what it would entail for you, since I don't know much about your abilities or whatnot... but... we call it a dance with the devil. It allows me to share my abilities with someone else temporarily. If you could burn me, then that'd be how."

Mochonna went quiet for a moment before he turned and grabbed a jacket, "We were all briefed on you a bit, so don't worry too much about your secret identity... not that I would want to out you anyway. Honestly, if you chose to kill me... I know it's what I'd deserve. I want to live for them, now. Not for me. I'm done being selfish. Having a child... changed... everything. Hiding things from Janet, that was mostly for her safety... and a little... I don't know, protective nature from me. Having a little life in your hands though... it's so different. I would prefer burning, because at least then I can be there for them afterward. They wouldn't be down an income, and Bella wouldn't have to be sad."

"So what do you want me to do?"

SoulFlare

"Darren, yes. He's about as much of a villain as a gecko is a dinosaur. The media blew him out of proportion. The worse he's done is purse snatching. If you don't know about what I can really do, let's leave it that way. I enjoy having my secrets." She tilted her head a bit, 'eyes' on him. "Let's leave the secret identity out of this as well. As I said, the only reason I haven't killed you is you have use to ridding the earth of more scum than just yourself. You want to do this 'dance', then fine. But if I'm going to look at your soul, you're not going to like how I do it. You won't die...you'll just wish you had. After that, I want you to gather any information you can about Dara's business. Stockpile it, hoard it, I don't care. When he's dead and gone, you're going to lay it all out on the table as an anonymous source. That includes the rest of your family and any connections they have. Otherwise, I have to go travelling the entire globe to kill them each one by one, and I don't have the time to dedicate to squashing small bugs. Now then...do this dance, and come here."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mochonna MacAlasdair.pngMochonna
Impressively, even though he didn't look like he could pale anymore, any blood that was left drained from his face. "W-wait," he stuttered, turning to face her again, "You... you want to now?" He was wholly scared now if he wasn't before. Shaking, he swallowed and nodded slowly, "A-alright. I... I don't know how well that would happen but I'll try my best... I won't do anything that threatens my family, though."

He moved to another room, beckoning her to follow, "If... If I'm going to scream or something, I don't want them to hear it and get worried." Once in and with the door shut, he let out a quick breath before connecting the two of them. The Agas part of the equation wouldn't feel any different, but the Natalie part sure would. She'd feel significantly faster and stronger. Natalie would also be able to feel that connection, that blessing of God, far different than the connection she had with Agas. It was warm and loving like a Father. Even though she never had a father, if anything would feel like a dad, as a fatherly bond, it'd be that. It was pure. Holy in the truest sense of the word. Like a little, amazing treasure to be held and loved.

Looking at Mochonna now, his sins were stuck to him like a film, a slimy coating that didn't touch his actual soul, not truly, but she could see it all the same. He had tarnished that treasure like a rebellious child that shunned their father, told them "I hate you", ran off, joined a gang, and who knew what else. If he could, she would be sure he'd have shattered that treasure on the ground. That stare of hers wouldn't work like normal, but she could manage. He'd feel it one way or another.

SoulFlare

"Yes, now. This is happening one way or another, so man up and take it." Following after him further into the house she stared at the back of his head. "Don't worry, usually people are in too much pain to make noise. Take comfort in the fact your family won't hear you." The feeling was wholly weird and somewhat uncomfortable. SoulFlare was both Agas and Natalie and at the same time neither of them. This of course meant that when the Natalie portion of the equation felt something, it caused SoulFlare to space out a bit. It was dissociative, but some part of her mind, deep in the recesses, felt at ease with the feeling.

That ease was replaced with annoyance and rage as his sins became apparent, SoulFlare slowly approaching him. "In this instance, I can't help but remember the prodigal son, who abandoned and shunned his father...only to return and get his ass back on track." She reached out, a hand at either side of Mochonna's head as empty eye sockets stared into his eyes. "I can't remove your sins, but I can give you a solid perspective on them...and make you feel what you deserve as punishment." Gazing deep into his eyes, it was a bit more force work than usual to use the penance stare. His soul didn't collect sin in the usual fashion, but it was still there. "Consider every ounce of agony you have wrought, and think on it." Usually using the stare was opening a door and letting it in. In this case, it was taking a sledgehammer to the door and beating it down to let it in. Pain, severe unfathomable agony would course through the man's body as she inflicted on him suffering that he had caused, or indirectly caused. And with that suffering came an 'attitude adjustment', a better understanding of what he had done. If he was trying to get his life back on track, it was only fair he truly knew how many lives he ruined, how many people he'd hurt. There was understanding, and then there was this. The intent of this stare wasn't to kill him, far from it. Just inflict severe pain as punishment, and make sure his moral compass stuck to true north.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

"Please. My balance is probably better than yours. Don't you go getting scars either though, you're cuter than me," she snapped back at her with a grin as she moved off to get a couple of glasses and get into the alcohol cupboard. She made a drink impressively, and a bit on the hard side (though she was making it lighter than she would if she was alone for Mary's sake). She had a really good spacial awareness of her own hands, though, and since she could control where those were, unlike the corner of the coffee table which consistently stabbed her shin, she had no dirge of confidence in making her drinks. The glasses and the mixing container practically flew through her hands, and before she knew it, Mary had a bright orange, mango-y beverage in front of her.

"Bottom's up. Oh, so I wanted to try a new technique or two I was studying on you if that's okay?"

Mary Moon

"Promise, no scars. My parents would flip if I got scars, dad especially. I've told you about how he is. Thanks for the compliment, but I disagree." Focusing on the food on the stove, she glanced down at the mango drink in her hand, taking a slow sip of it. "That's pretty good as usual. Technique? Sure, anything to help out." She took another sip of the drink, straining the ramen noodles and starting to fry an egg. "Watcha got in mind?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
James Alistair Giotto.pngJewel and James
"If your wards were stronger than my presence, we have bigger fucking issues, twerp. It's not like I wasn't considering that. If I didn't take out your wards they would have gone off at my new trainee. Your new training buddy. Meet Chrysos. Or... eh. You'll meet him later. He's reeling from some wounds at the moment. I'm not much of a healer so, ya know... that."

James grimaced at Chrysos's clear pain and jogged up to him as soon as he could, surrounding him in swirling, healing light, "It's okay. I can heal you. It's one of my specialties."

She glanced at the two of them, then to Aiko and Fay, "Stop being so bitchy about all of this. I don't answer texts promptly. I answered your call on the first ring. If you want, after this I'll set up a separate system for emergency texts and if I hear that tone I'll know to text you back ASAP. Ok?" Jewel did feel a bit bad for not responding but... damn it, kid... She was pissed at him for doing something so dangerous on his own!

At the appearance of the merlin, Aquilias, Jewel visibly relaxed a little, "Good idea. James has been in some smoke and-"

The shattering of glass made James jump as though he had just been shot, and a small squeak of fear made it out of his throat. How many windows got blown out, destroyed in that attack... that... He was shaking, but he ran to Fay's side in a streak of light, his fluttering hands hovering over his injured one. A ball of light consumed the injury.

"I'm healing you. I... it's fine. I... I don't need the kit...," he stuttered out, luckily having healed most of the unfortunate Chrysos's pain away, "I... am... surprised how much I hate that sound... um... so... Fay? Who's the big lady? Who is anyone here??"

Osuka Osuka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

1601966206067.pngExam Site
They made it to the exam site after a bit of chatter. He needed the exam out of the way before they could head off and do anything, even if it seemed pressing to do something else. Given Caesar had already set things up to have a test, there was a woman waiting for them with a teal holo-screen of sorts in front of her. She gave the two of them a sweet, relieved smile as they entered the building.

"Oh good! You made it. You'd be surprised how many canceled on me today on account of the rain," she said with a small chuckle. Two taps of the air later, there was a screen in front of both Caesar and Hayato, "Please sign in. My name is Apricot. I'll be your test coordinator today. You're looking to update and renew your license, yes? Do you have a class you're aiming for? If not, we can aim for the highest and move down from there. Just be aware that there is a chance of injury involved with this test, but you do not need to fear for your life. Any and all killing blows will mark you, but not actually kill, and all injuries will be healed by our on-site healer after the test has concluded."

"Do you have any questions, Mister Hayato?"

Osuka Osuka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Pydirs eyes went wide as she saw the dragon meat appear before her. With no hesitation she opened her maw wide showing the rows are razor like bone crushing teeth that had slaughtered countless dragons. Taking the entire piece of meat and shoving ti in her mouth she happily chewed on it and and finally swallowed. Letting out a larger sigh of pleasure. "Friend? Sure! anything for ya! Be it dragon or a deity ill beat em right up Vice!." she smiled happily before turning to james "Yeah. its helping alot. Only having to ignore the spikes already in me makes it alot easier James. You guys go have fun. Come tell me how Sophias place is later. I want to know what that doll Does in her free time!" she laughed happily. Blood from the Dragoon meat covering her mouth.

3474bfe8e5d580ca979c7f2289f4753e.png
Sophia quietly stood in the snow as she gripped an axe. Raising it above her head she swung down into a chopped log splitting it. "that should be enough" She quietly said to herself. Picking the pile of few logs she cut up. Walking over to the front of the cabin, undeterred By the foot of snow on the ground. She went up the stairs and shook her dress off, making sure no snow was on her she entered the house and took off her shoes as to not track dirt inside. Setting the Cut firewood on a drying rack, She grabbed one already dry and walked to the fireplace. Tossing it in. Pausing a brief moment next to the fire she took a long inhale. Before standing up and exhaling. It was time for tea. And the pot sophia had on the stove most likely just finished by now. Perfect for any unexpected guests.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back