• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shade and The Grim Alexander

Following Jupiter through the portal, his arm stayed wrapped around Jenny, guiding her forward carefully. He wasn't talkative, and the only way of knowing he was listening to Jupiter was he gently nodded once in a while. He was too stuck in his own head to really talk. Would his girls be okay? What would he do if they weren't? He could hunt down another demon, hopefully, one with more sway over the jackass he currently had shoved inside his own little hell. What then? If that didn't work, he had pushed the demons limits as it were, if he did any more damage he might kill him...and as much as he'd love too, he needed him alive, for now. He could keep him inside, sensory deprivation was quite useful in breaking someone's will. Eventually, their mind manifested its own threats, audial hallucinations, people broke when there was nothing, not even time.

Snapping to reality as they reached the front desk he glanced at Jupiter, softly shaking his head. Last name? Sadly, that wasn't being handed out. He had two, and he wasn't sure which would be handed out right now...both left too much information in the air. Luckily, it turned out it wouldn't be necessary, Amy being here was enough information it seemed, plus Jupiter being here helped. Taking a seat to wait for a nurse he was stock silent, thoughts chasing each other in his head like a terrible game of tag. Ten minutes later and they were moving again, thank God.

Seeing Angela earned a sigh of relief from him before he spoke. "Yea, we're okay. Mom's gonna get checked up, we're all good." As Amy spoke, a stone of dread settled into his stomach. Values were off? The fuck did that mean? That could mean literally anything! If something was wrong, he'd have to get information out of the demon sooner than he planned, and that was already pretty damn soon. Guiding Jenny to a seat he glanced to Jupiter, pausing. "Thank you."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Angela, Jenny, Amy, and Jupiter
The nurse finished taking blood samples and turned to look at the newcomers. Shade sounded like the father, so she looked to him, "Hello sir. We're going to process this extra quickly, and get back to you as soon as possible. We saw some strange values, but thanks to that we want to look into a different test to try to narrow down why. At the moment, I can tell you that whatever the supervillain used is not a typical drug and that it's had a profound effect on her blood's makeup. At the moment, we don't think it's anything that would endanger her life, but we aren't sure what changes she may experience... nor do we know what sudden cessation of the drug will do. When you were handling the supervillain, did you manage to grab any vials of whatever the material was at their hideout? We may be able to run some simple tests on it."

Jupiter looked away and gave Amy a small smile. Oh. That would have been smart... She was so focused on Jenny that she didn't even think to search around for a vial or something. Ugh... this is why nurses would rule the world if they weren't so busy with hospital work. She moved over to her cousin and quietly spoke to her, "Hey. If you want to you can go home. You don't have to stick around for this."

"Nah, I'm bored but I have my phone. Angie could use the company," Amy responded, yawning, "Besides, if something's wrong I need to make sure I stay so I know whose butt to kick!"

The nurse gently led Shade away, just a little so as to not overly concern Angela or Jenny, "If it's alright with you, I think taking a sample of your blood to compare with your daughter's would be a good idea. Of course, we need to take your wife's as well. I can do so while I'm still right here, and hopefully, the results won't take too long. Your daughter is a super, yeah? It seems those factors in her blood are the most altered. All the values are spiked way higher than they should be. Ideally, we need to get them to lower as soon as possible, or she may end up with some... unwelcome side effects, though I don't know how they will manifest. That's what the secondary tests are for."

She cleared her throat and motioned to a blood-taking chair, "Next?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

ED47D1DD-2438-436E-A4C2-5E05C06CCFC1.jpeg
Samantha
Interactions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha have the woman a slightly judgy look as she spoke of samantha being proper. She was shit faced, depressed, looked almost homeless and clearly didn’t care. So why was this woman so concerned with Annabelle looking proper. Chuckling happily at Anabella as she leaned into her more. “Oh darling there’s no need to worry about my safety. I am a former S class hero after all.” She said with a hickup before smiling and leaning against Anabella more. When she asked about her Samantha’s lips curled into a soft frown. She held back tears at the memories that flashed through her mind and shook her head. “Cans we not salk bout that?” She asked in an almost whimper as her ears flattened forward on her head and her tail stopped wagging. The pain was flooding back with that question, making her drunken mind think about her daughter, her ex, the fact that she couldn’t hold her baby ever again. She drank to forget but now that Anabella has asked that was all she could think about and she hated it. So much so she brought the bottle to her lips and downed the last half of the rum bottle in a few big gulps before whimpering more like a puppy.​

Darren
Darren blushed, brows raising, "Oh! Geez. Sorry. That's a weird thought to me. I've never had it be a secret since I was kinda screwed over on that. You're so open about things, so it didn't even really cross my mind." He looked around, but there wasn't really anyone nearby enough that would have heard. How did one keep a secret like that? He supposed it was probably easier when your powers started with an outfit change. Not like anybody would recognize a skull.

It took a while, but he eventually got all the other things he wanted. Hardware stores are weird. They made some sense, sure, areas together and all that, but then there'd be that one random item on the opposite side of the whole store. Shopping with Natalie was fun though. She was so easy to be comfortable around. Arms full of stuff once again purchased and put into bags, he supposed they were done.

"Right, what now? Back to the hotel? If we get anything else I feel like we won't have enough hands to carry it all," he asked, curious what the plan was now, but also a little bored of shopping, "We need to stash stuff, but... I also kind of want to do something more than just shopping with the day. Is there anything else we need to do? I dunno, like, some badass hero stuff?" He would complain more, but he felt like he already sounded like a kid excited for a field trip. Agas wouldn't have any trouble with doing some work, but Natalie might not want to today. He didn't want to force her or something.

"Or... um... I dunno. We could...," he looked around as if trying to find something, "Um... teach me how to drive a motorcycle?"

Corsair - Devil's Tale bakery

Seeing as the store owner had given something to Charlie out of apparently nowhere, she was surprised by the gesture. She could feel the power emanating from the box on the table, and she cast a quick glance at the back room. What kind of shopkeeper had that sort of item lying around in the basement ?.. Well, it would be a question for another day. The power there didn't feel threatening, so I guess it was safe for now. I tapped my fingers against the edge of the table, thinking of a good starting point to test her. I tapped the screen of my watch - which was also not a watch but a multifunction tool - checking the hero scanner for a good spot to send her to. That one... Yellow, so not too hard, in the middle of the city and looked like it was just perfect for her.

I hadn't even realized I was nibbling on my nail until the magic fizzed on my tongue. I winced, and quickly gulped down the rest of my coffee cup to mask the taste.

"Alright so. There's something for you to take care of; it's going to be your test. Central park, an animated armor is destroying construction equipment. Deal with it, I'll be watching. I won't intervene unless you get in danger of death, so don't forget that you'll be technically alone. Good luck."

With a smile, I rose from my seat, stretching my arms before looking around. There was still that scent of blood in the air, but it had thinned. I felt magic trickling through, too, but it was weaker, further away. I took my phone out, sending a quick message to one of my subordinates.

<Serrane. Current loc. Whole place, snoops. Susp. blood sacr.>

That done, I prepared to head out, leaving the payment for the drinks (plus a 20 bucks tip) on the table.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Shard and Ruru
Devils tale Bakery

Ruru 2.jpgRuru sighed as she downed the glass in a single gulp. Shard was.... actually something impressive, I mean.... Ruru knew her whole life Shard probably use to be important... but a high general to a demon lord...... And apparently very skilled one at that. The only thing Ruru knew about shard fighting was he was a blood mage and an archer. She quickly out mastered him in many melee weapons... But... to think Ruru would probably lose a melee fight against him, was unthinkable... "I'm gonna have to cancel my stream tonight..... this is way to much to process. Next thing your gonna say is Shards like... a demon lord himself or something...." Ruru joked to try and calm herself down. The whiskey helped, especially considering she herself was a lightweight drinker. "you know....I've never been to Hell. Shards always said ill go when I'm older..... was he afraid of people telling me the truth...or did he just not want to go back.....Do you think he would let me go now?" She asked Nadia as she petted Yami, hugging it tight smushing it against her chest. It was fluffy, and doing great working as a calm down item. "Is seivas territory nice? I've heard that is how it operates. Territories and such." she was trying to make small talk to distract her from everything.

SHard 2.jpgShard went deep into thought, he had to tell Kukulian... but seiva was right. On a good day She would run through 3 buildings just to get here after hearing the news, on a bad day... a trail of destruction. She wasnt a bad person... she just didnt know her own strength... was lacking in the intelligence department, and had the mental stability and attention span of a progressive education high school student. As his thoughts ended he turned to see Zuzu naked. Stammering fast as he covered his eyes. "y-yes zuzu your very pretty! please put some clothes on!" he turned around. "seiva... please do not pull pranks during such serious times" he quietly said as he grabbed a cloak throwing it on Zuzu with his eyes still closed. Her body may be that of an adult, but her mind is still a child.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Anabella Bonner née Levi

She seemed unfazed by the judgy look, responding to her in kind. "Even a Hero shouldn't be alone when so thoroughly drunk. It's unsafe for your own being, wouldn't you think?" Seeing tears form in the woman's eyes at her question she frowned a bit, an arm reaching around to rest on her shoulders, giving them a soft pat. "My apologies, forgive me." She paused for a moment, watching the woman down the rest of the bottle. There was no way she was sobering up soon, and her own body needed energy. Stopping time drained her reserves, and manifesting away from her focal points even more so. Doing good deeds was one thing, but if she pushed herself, she'd just snap back to Eva's armor. "Say, to brighten your mood, would you like a change of venue? I was going somewhere with a beautiful view, and I think the change of perspective could do you some good."
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Natalie Brenton
She flashed a grin, winking at him. "Open when I can be, closed when I gotta be. That's how it works. Let's get moving." Following Darren through the store, she didn't really have much to say or add, made a few jokes, gave someone a deathglare for not so discreetly checking her out, all routine. After checking out she nodded towards her companion, who had been saddled with this load of bags. "Yea, hotel. We'll drop this off and then...hmm." She considered the options on hand...hero stuff, or bike stuff...the bike didn't work for anyone but here though. That was it, she was getting the kid a bike. "Y'know what, sure, we can find something to do. The bike won't work for you though, sorry to say. So if we go out, you've just gotta do as I say, and think on your feet. You're not fully kitted yet."

Leaving the mall, the two of them hailed a cab and crawled inside, starting off for the hotel. Once again, Natalie was making jokes, glancing out the window, and even checked her phone for any updates. Still nothing for her to do, she wasn't investigation, and the other situations were probably being handled by now. Just had to wait for something to pop up that'd be worth running too then. After the brief ride from the mall to the hotel, and the brief ride on the elevator, Natalie led the way to her room, dropping the bag of clothes on her bed and starting to sort through them. "Let me get my stuff out of here, and then you can take yours, sound good?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

He nodded slowly towards what the nurse had to say, a lead ball of worry settling in the pit of his stomach. Strange values? The more she talked, the more that lead ball settled into his body, and if it weren't for the nature of his head right now, worry would be painted on his face. "No...no vials. We were focused on apprehending and...getting them out." He was an idiot! He should have searched for vials of whatever they were injected with! Dammit! Following the nurse he heaved a small sigh of concern, nodding. "Of course, of course. You're welcome to run a test..my daughter is a super as well, yes. My wife is as well, technically. It's only superficial, she stopped aging a while ago, physically. I..." he froze up, his insides freezing. He couldn't give blood...he couldn't get hurt. He had been hit by a fucking car early on in his life and nothing happened to him! "I apologize I...cannot give blood. The needle wouldn't work. I'm...it's hard to explain. Feel free to take Jenny's sample, but...I'm sorry, I can't provide anything to you....wait, yes I can. I deeply apologize for this." Holding a finger up, a wisp of shadow like a scalpel lengthened out, which he used to slice through his skin, crimson ichor seeping out. "Take what you need, I don't know how long I'll bleed."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

he looks at Thomas, a confused look on his face. "no.. he didn't crush my pelvis, i crushed him.. he just shattered my pelvis with bullets." as he watched the city roll by. "you know.. i always thought cities we're the dumbest thing.. least on this scale.. but theres a kind of beauty to it."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Henry

I stared in the distance, my gaze fixating on the edge of the area, the boundary of the pocket dimension that this environment was. It was calming somehow, watching into the nothingness faraway...

"There was nothing, and then there was light. There was light and there was nothing... And then I came, and I made things. I took part of that immensity, sealing it outside of the rest of this absent existence. I made it into what it is. The protective field is here to prevent what is inside from pouring out and going wild, to prevent the blank slate of existence outside from being reached. Beyond... Beyond lies the purest root of existence that one could ever find. A blank slice of universe, never touched by the creative hand. A pure space-time without the slightest hint of identity."

1593562195107.png

I sighed, tearing myself away from the landscape.

"That means, don't touch it. The landscape spreads for far over ten miles, but that's purely visual illusion. It stops being real after ten miles."

I put my hand on the doorknob, and I felt the power coursing through the mechanism. It was more than a simple lock or mechanism; my energy flowing into the magical array of the doorknob was the requirement for the different spheres composing the outside to align and form the whole of what they were. The door unlocked with a dulled clang, and I pushed it open. Behind, what was a mundane victorian era-style corridor shifted and melted, the lines blurring and moving-growing and shrinking-changing shape and light, becoming what they truly were; the entrance hall revealed itself after this vertiginous transition. Tall pillars of stone supporting wide archways, statues littering the corridor, small wooden figurines here and there scattered without purpose. From the end, warm sunlight was coming through, shining upon the gilded everything of the hall.

1593562674015.png

I stepped aside.

"After you."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Enzo~
Beverly Hilton Hotel

1593562898155.png He snorted in disbelief. Father Anderson's offer was insulting. The fuck does he think I am? A kid? Or perhaps a misbehaving teen that needed to blow off some steam? Someone who could be bought with such a shallow offer? No, Enzo was much darker than that. The man's attempt at bribery only fanned the flames of rage more.

That is, until the man's comment about how dull angels were. Enzo was still smoldering with anger, but it cooled down a little at that. At least someone understands. Oh, that didn't mean Father Anderson was off the hook. Far from it. He was still affiliated with the angels well enough that Zaphkiel brought him to their room to recover. Fuck that. Maybe he could have some fun with this guy though. Maybe wreck that fancy car he was bragging about. Maybe drain his bank account for shits and giggles. Maybe he could push him, see how far he could bend before snapping. A smile spread across Enzo's face, but it held no warmth. I wonder how much he'll tolerate. The guy was practically begging for his attention after all, Enzo was sure that he'd do a few questionable things in order to keep that attention.

Rising to his feet, the dark-haired man opened the door, "I'm listening."

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Father Anderson | Nearby Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Zaphkiel))

1593566042110.pngFather Anderson
Father Anderson gave Zaphkiel a small smile, and motioned to the door, "Lead the way. Your choice of breakfast... or at this point I think it would be lunch. Zaphkiel, we will be back later on. Considering I have the same protections as he does, I suggest you enjoy some time to yourself. Perhaps you could go for a flight or something?"

As soon as they were out the door, Anderson visibly relaxed and gave Enzo a sly smile, "Sorry for the angel yesterday, young man. I had to seek out some answers that I didn't have on my own, and then he decided to hijack my body and zip on over here. They'll do that, though. Angels. They can be pretentious little shits that feel like what's yours is theirs. If you're not careful, that'll include access to your body. I got a bit too excited and let it happen." He shrugged as they walked out of the hotel, "Given your current living situation, I somehow doubt you've really learned how to use your... connections and abilities as a prophet to their fullest. It's part of why I'd like to have a bit of fun." He motioned to his arms and various holy symbols and runes pulsed with light.

"You have to learn how to make your connections and get ahead of the pack, son," he explained, tapping on his phone for a few seconds, "Zaphkiel will not be the only angel to get into your personal space, and the others will not be as kind as she is in trying to make you perform duties. I've avoided my god-given duties for forty years or more now, simply because I'd rather punch bad guys in the face or, as I've been doing recently, helping out orphans. These aren't prophet things. So if you're not careful, and if you don't learn how to stand your ground with the angels, you'll end up under their thumbs. Somehow, I take you as the sort of man that wouldn't like that."

As he spoke, a sleek black car drove up and the doors opened in front of Enzo. "Your chariot, sir," Anderson teased as he slid into the passenger seat, "Sure hope you know how to drive. You crash, it won't matter much, but it's not as fun sitting in the sun while we wait to get picked up." He sighed and stretched his arms back, thinking about how to handle the kid. He really was in a similar situation as he was when he was younger... though not with such personal treatment of an archangel.

"So have you and Zaphkiel fucked?" he asked out of the blue, genuinely curious, but aiming to keep the conversation loose, informal, and unexpected.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

shield.jpgDarren
"Aren't you having me do as you say anyway?" he teased with a grin, "Of course I'll follow your lead. If I get buried under a roof or something I'm not useful to anybody."

The ride was uneventful and mostly spent with him looking out the window wistfully again. He was in a better mood than he was this morning, but car rides always felt like a slow lull. He supposed that was better than the alternative for a car ride... no one wanted a heartstopping taxi ride, but still. He stretched once he was out of the car and they were at the hotel, wondering to himself about the logistics of it all. The hero stuff. Whether Agas could really hurt him or not. Feeling warmth like that... was... freaky... but actually being able to do damage to him was another thing entirely. If Agas found out she couldn't, would that cause issues? Agas seemed like the competitive sort, and he really didn't want to become her punching bag.

He nodded to her suggestion. It sounded fine enough to him. It wasn't like he needed any of the stuff immediately. Darren pulled out his phone and started fiddling with it, talking to her without really paying attention, "So if you were gonna cut my hair, you said you have some ideas as to how. I'm curious what you have that could do it. The scissors my mom had were specially made for her and me... erm... Her abilities are similar to mine."

alexander wife.pngAngela, Jenny, Jupiter, and Amy
"You can go get the vials after blood, it'll be alright," Jupiter offered, giving Shade a smile of confidence. At this point, he was kind of a victim too, wasn't he? He probably felt like he had so little control over everything. She did find it kinda neat he could actually bleed though. So a needle wouldn't have been able to cut into him, but he can cut himself. That'd be useful information for trying to Shade-proof her house later.

The nurse looked visibly annoyed that Shade had cut himself and was now bleeding, but it was hardly the strangest thing she had seen today. Working in a city of heroes and villains meant you treated some oddballs. She sighed and said nothing, grabbing a vial and sterile needle out of a nearby drawer with her key. She muttered a soft, "Don't flinch," before sticking him through the opening he had created in his... skin? Was it considered skin? Whatever. It gave her blood. She got three vials, just in case she needed to run more than one test, and placed a little gauze on the wound out of habit. In hindsight, that probably wasn't necessary, but eh.

Next, she went up to Jenny and gave her a sweet smile, "Hello hon. I'm gonna take a little bit of blood from you, alright? It might sting but it's okay." She brought out another needle and vials and prepped Jenny's arm. She jabbed her with the needle, and Jenny flinched, to which the nurse shushed her with another, "It's okay. It's alright. Just a moment sweetheart." Blood trickled out far slower than it should have, and looked pale, almost pink. The nurse's brows furrowed, and she checked her position a few times before giving another small sigh. It took far longer, but she got a couple vials out of Jenny.

She turned to Shade again, "I can tell you without even running the tests yet that there's something amiss with your wife's blood. You don't need to be a surgeon to know blood isn't supposed to be slow and pinkish red. That said, she seems stable, so it may just be a strange side-effect of her abilities, what the villain did to her, or her resurrection. I have some ideas as to what could be going on with your wife, so don't worry too much. She'll be alright, sir. As for her being so quiet, please understand that trauma can take a while to process. You'll have to be patient with her."

With that, she rushed off to get the blood to the lab with a rush order.

Jupiter looked to Shade, "Go get the vials. I'll stay here with them. Promise."

It took every ounce of his will to not flinch. One goes for so long without pain and that sort of discomfort, and it suddenly becomes a wholly unpleasant return to reality. The blood 'donation' was quick, and just in time, it seemed. Not long after the gauze was placed on the cut did a feeling of wholeness come over him again, vulnerability dying out. Lifting up the gauze in silence he glanced at where the cut should be, only to find it was no longer there. It had only been small, so it made sense...if he had made a deeper cut, would it take longer to heal? Things to wonder later, he told himself.

Watching the blood that came out of his wife filled him with...what was it at this point? Rage? Discomfort? Concern? All of the above? He knew blood, he saw it a lot, blood didn't look like that, didn't move that slow. He needed answers, and soon. For all he knew, his wife's second life depended on it. When the nurse approached him and spoke he gave a soft nod, well the best he could with the state his head was in. "Thank you...I assure you however, I can be patient. Whatever it takes to get her better, that's all I ask." Once the nurse was gone he turned his attention to Jupiter, 'nodding' again. "Thank you. I'm trusting you with that. While I'm gone, see if you can't figure out a way to reach out to the demon running the bakery. If we want our canary to sing, we're going to need something more than my form of motivation...I won't be long."

No sooner had he finished speaking did he simply 'drop' straight into the floor, a black splotch on the ground that quickly faded away as he zoomed off. It didn't take long, a straight shot, just like always. Rising out of the floor of the abandoned room, he worked through the 'home' in silence, searching everything he could. Then he hit jackpot, he was sure of it. Raising his finger up, a wisp of darkness extended into the lock, only to expand and shatter it. Reaching out he found what must obviously be what he was looking for. A medical bottle, the type used with syringes, filled with a viscous black shadowy material that seemed almost alive. Without any hesitation or fear he reached out and grabbed it, only for it to surge against the bottle, as if eager to get to him. At one point in his life, he'd have been freaked out. But that was long ago. He'd seen stranger things than this, killed stranger things than this, WAS a stranger thing than this. Dropping once again into the ground he shot off, intent on heading to the hospital room once again.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

alexander wife.pngAngela, Jenny, Jupiter, and Amy
It wasn't long before Shade returned. Understandably, a man that could fly through the ground like that made short work of the trip. Amy was back to dozing off, and Angela wasn't far behind her. Jenny was sat on the edge of the bed in the same place Shade had put her, like she hadn't moved an inch. Jupiter was at the front of the room with her arms folded across her chest, watching the movements of the doctors throughout the ER. It wasn't too busy, but she daren't say the q-word.

Once Shade was back, it was just a matter of waiting for the nurse to return. Once she did it was with paperwork in hand. One look at the vial and the woman nodded quietly, a look of contemplation on her face.

She sighed a little and shut the curtain behind her. "Right, okay," she started, looking down at her sheets, "For Jenny. She is in a state of discombobulation following the resurrection. A sort of resurrection sickness. This has led to a sort of... in-between state. It seems as though your daughter was the main target of resurrection, and as such your wife's state is teetering on rejecting it. That said, aside from the ectoplasm, your wife's blood values seem decent considering the state she's in. My recommendation would be to see someone well-versed in spirits or able to communicate with them effectively. They should be able to solidify her into a living state."

The nurse cleared her throat and moved onto the next page, "As for your daughter... well... the vial you brought as well as your blood sample... they confirm what I thought may be happening. This material matches your makeup and is what was being administered to your daughter. My best guess is that they have been trying to alter your daughter into becoming somewhat like you. Using her as an experiment. Her values being so high seems to be because they were increasing the dosage over a long period of time to try to alter the end result."

"That said... I, unfortunately, don't know how much of what they've done is permanent... nor can I give a guess as to why or how they would do such a thing. If she isn't weaned off the material, then I worry that she could destabilize across different realities. I don't know the circumstances surrounding your abilities, sir, but rarely do two people respond to an ability the same way. I'm not sure how her body will react. At the moment, she is stable, and there's little we can do. If you can find out the dosage, you can continue to give it to her, but I'm not sure that's advisable either since we don't know all the effects it may have," she pursed her lips and offered him the test results, "In short form... your daughter may end up in a similar form as you, but I'm not sure what may differ between you two or the effect it may have on her mentally and physically."

"We can do more tests, though, if you'd prefer, sir. You know your ability better than anyone, so you'll have the best idea of what's best for your daughter."

Last edited:

Arriving into the room, a soft sigh escaped him. His daughter was resting and Jenny...oh poor, sweet Jenny. He'd find a way to help her, he was certain. "Jupiter, I'm back." Turning around he gave a nod to her, leaning against a wall until the nurse returned. Then she came, paperwork in hand, and he handed off the vial. And whatever he thought this woman was going to say, he had not been ready for it. Every word cut him like a knife...Jenny was teetering on rejecting the restriction? But...she was so close. He couldn't let her go, not with her so close to being back! A spirit specialist...he didn't know any! His mind blanked out, there were no spirit professionals he knew of. He could speak to that Athra again, but he had the distinct feeling it'd be a deal weighted heavily in his favor, which could negatively affect his wife or his family as a whole.

And then came worse news, and he may as well have had his heart carved out of his chest with a rusty scalpel. His daughter...His Angela...a lab rat? Stuck in the same situation as him? No...no, that wasn't fair to her! None of this was fair to her! It wasn't fair to either of them! His mind spiraled and took solidarity in the one thing it had for the past hundred years or so. Rage....hate...vengeance. It was his doing, it was his fault. And so helped him, God, once he knew everything, he'd make the rest of his eternity painful. He was beyond the release of death now, he would savor it, sweet like candy, make him regret harming his family. Truly, the mind of the man in this room descended into such dark thoughts, that for one to peer into them, they would swear they were staring into the mind of the devil himself and sent to psych wards for the rest of their born lives. He clutched his chest, a ragged breath escaping him. "No testing will help..." His voice was soft, faint like a whisper. His mind spiraled into panic, his rage no longer helping. "Nothing we can do will bring up meaningful results...I know." He cast a glance towards Angela, fist grabbing the shirt right above his own heart. He forced his voice out to be normal, have some sort of confidence. "I'll do...everything in my power to help her. I couldn't keep her safe once...I'm not having her get hurt again...Thank you. I know you were trying to help." Holding his hand up, it lashed out forward only to grab Jupiters shoulder, and spin her around slowly. "We need to find him...and his bakery. Maybe he can help more...and we need to find someone skilled with spirits. Someone who won't tip the skills into a weighted deal."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Scile
Hospital

Kulu.jpg

Scile had stayed back some in the hospital. She didnt want to scare many of the patients. But a rumbly stomach and a hankering for some snacks made her go to the vending machine, she saw humans put coins in to get food out. So she decided to do the same. Creating a small portal she shoved her hand in it, it was one of the only 3 spells she knew. A portal to her house back in hell, where she dumped all the stuff shes gained on her adventurers. Taking out a fistfull of gold coins, ranging from Dubloons to random bullion all over Europe and Asia. shrugging she took a doubloon and tried to stick it in the vending machine. Only for it roll back out into the Change dispenser. Frowning she tried to stick a German bullion into, only for it to be too big. Groaning some she tried another coin, and another, and another. "its fucking gold, you weird metal boxes are suppose to be smart. Then take the goddamn coins" she muttered under her breath as she kept trying golds coins. Scile had continually did this, and it was enough to distract her from the many times blood was mentioned. Growling she lightly hit her head against the vending machine in frustration, unfortunately, lightly for Scile is sill enough to leave a giant shattered hole in the vending machine glass. Her eyes going around as she got looks from the nurses. She took a walk of shame to the Counter. "i uh. I broke your weird metal food box...." and sheepishly dropped about half of her handful of gold coins on the counter. before backing away some. "I-I'm sorry... it wasn't accepting my coins..... can I just.... grab some?" she walked to the Vending machine again looking very embarrassed as she stuck one of her Chi manifested arms into the hole, grabbing a few snacks from it. She looked at the Soda vending machine, and one stranger put a five dollar bill in, and let her point to the drink, before handing her the soda.

PlanofLA,1887.jpgHer embarrassment was broken by hearing a lady and a a strange looking man... thing, mention a demon running a bakery... "OOH ooh!" she ylled running over to the two happily, holding in her arms the many snacks and the Pepsi bott;e. " A demon running a Bakery? I'm also looking for him! Hes my stepdad! Shardaken Lucrum! of the Lucrum bloodline! Can you take me? I have a map of Los Angeles. But the city seems really different." reaching in her pocket she took out a map showing Jupiter and Shade. " If I tell you the address will you guys take me there?" she asked them with a big smile before chugging some of her Pepsi. She shoved some food in her mouth as her last free arm took a slip of paper out her pocket handing it to Jupiter. On it was in Demon tongue, "Devils Tale Bakery. 1234 Generic Street, Los Angeles" Scile stood there with a big smile as her cheeks were like a squirrel filled with food.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1593666736588.pngDowntown Los Angeles
There were the normal sounds of downtown Los Angeles, cars, horns, the chatter of people. Then came the sudden THOOM of a Barret M99 shot ringing between the tall glass of the buildings. Sitting atop one, the culprit - Doll #29, Supervillain assassin and henchman of the Supervillain Ammo. Known for a variety of guns and a gallery of beautiful girls under his control.

Doll #29's dull eyes pulled back, emptied, and began reloading to make a second shot as the civilians down below began screaming. The target? The upper back of the famous Superhero, Kali.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
jupiter.jpgJupiter, Amy, Angela, and Jenny AND SCILE TOO
Jupiter jumped a little, half-expecting him to teleport her somewhere or something. She only nodded. Of course, that was the plan. She knew mediums and whatnot, but... that was ten years ago. Who knew who was still around and practicing? If all else failed, they could search online for someone.

The nurse shook her head, "Sir, times have probably changed since you got your abilities. If you got them twenty years ago or something, then understand that the medical field has come a long way. Please consider looking for a specialty center. It won't hurt to try. We don't have options here at the ER since she's stable, but that doesn't mean someone else in a place dedicated to helping abilities like yours can help."

Jupiter smiled sweetly at the nurse, "That's fair. Maybe there's someone who has some ideas. We have some things to handle first, but maybe we can try tha-"

SCILE DEMON OF JUSTICE HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

The nurse backed off, just as surprised as Jupiter and the now-awake Angela and Amy. Heck, she even got Jenny's attention with that shout, a slight furrowing of her brow as she watched the loud demon. She... knew of the bakery demon? Really? Ugh, and they named it something so obvious. Pride and demons went hand in hand. But wow, Jupiter thought, this demon chick was a few crayons short of the knife drawer. An unfortunate commonality, given the war-like state Hell was constantly in. Soldiers didn't necessarily have to be smart.

Jupiter slowly raised her hands up in front of herself, taking the paper, "Okay okay. Quiet down a bit. Act like you're in a library or... erm... like you're in a war room with people negotiating. We're looking for the same guy, so I see no reason we can't take you along, especially since you helped us find the address." She looked to Shade for approval of this... sudden happenstance... then to Amy.

Amy shrugged, yawning as she was so rudely awoken from a nap, "Funny enough she feels really good. She feels like a proper hero. She can be trusted."

"Well, you've got her seal of approval. Grim? We can head out as soon as you'd like."

Last edited:
Devils Tale Bakery
Nadia tilted her head to the side, leaning in thought, "Well... I mean... he's not... yet. His Father, your Grandfather, is, however. Lucrum is a distinguished line. Diadem Lucrum is your Grandfather, and he's the Demon Lord of the Blood Sea." She chuckled at the questions of Hell, "Careful not to hug your new little friend too hard... Seiva's territory is rather nice, but you must understand that all territories are chaotic. Crime is commonplace, and it is the strong that survive. I think your Father would much prefer you stay here while the issue of Zuzu is sorted out. After all, I doubt you'd suddenly want to run off when all this is happening and leave yourself out of the loop."

She sighed, focusing on Seiva's territory for the moment, "Seiva's area has one of the largest marketplaces. It's considered a bit of neutral ground, and she does a lot of work to try to make it relatively safe. Kidnappings and murders and theft still happen, of course, but less often. It entices people to do business there. She splits a lot of the revenue from it with surrounding Demon Lords, so it's kind of like they share it, in a way. You can find all sorts of items for sale there; feathers, graces, hellstone, weapons, and armor... all sorts of stuff. Far too much to name. Perhaps I could escort you there sometime for a shopping day?"

Seiva smirked but sighed, reversing her little spell, "Fine fine. You just look so serious, I found it hard to help myself. Seeing you with this much life in you is a rarity."

Zuzu got completely covered by the cloak as her form returned to that of a human child. She shuffled around it until her head popped out and she looked at Shard with big eyes, curious about what he was thinking about - what both of them were thinking so hard about.

"So what are you going to do now? Find and tell Kukulian, obviously. Get her here... try to make sure she doesn't accidentally crush her Mother... perhaps you should sit down with Rurulian first, though. She's downstairs, and she deserves to know about you. You can't hide it anymore, Shardaken. It's gonna be pretty damned obvious the moment she's got her faculties back together, if it isn't obvious enough already. Even Kuku would be able to put two and two together with you and your mate in the same room. You two were inseparable. Even if she has connected the dots... you still need to sit down with her and give her that respect."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

He glanced at the nurse, her optimism falling on deaf ears. There was no solution to him or what he, and now angela, where. If there was, he'd have been captured or killed in short order, this was a certainty. The technology that had brought him into existence, one of a kind, was gone from this reality...perhaps all of them. All he could hope for now was answers and to help his daughter the best he could. Hoping that a 'specialty center' truly existed was a false promise and hope. If one was a thing, he'd have been the first to know, either through searching for it or suffering it's studies in the shape of a bullet.

However...hope, hope strikes in odd forms. A memory swam to the surface of his mental sea, gasping for breath, for him to notice it. There was...one option when it came to Jenny. The young spider hero he had met the other day, he seemed to be able to speak to her. And he knew where to find the boy as well...it was worth a shot. "Right...possibly." He didn't even say 'yes', because agreeing to the idea of searching for a speciality center would only get hopes up for them to be run over into the dust. And then...dear God. The demon that had entered the room was the equivalent of if you gave a toddler forty Pixy sticks and then some, full of energy and goofy. Did they still make those? Everyone's attention shifted to her, even Jenny's, which was a feat in of itself. His 'eyes' studied the chi armed demon for a long time before he spoke again. "...She can come. Maybe she'd be willing to convince him to help in our plight." As Jupiter opened the Portal he gave a nod, hand going out to Angela for her to take. Provided she did, he would walk over to gently grab his wife's hand, leading them forward into the portal.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

oracle girl 2.jpgChrysie
Random poetry from Uncle Henry... weird flex but ok. I mean yeah, it was pretty, but what? Was he a god of this place or something? She gave him a little thumbs up at the don't touch it. She wasn't really planning on walking ten miles out anyway. That'd be one hell of a walk for no purpose at all. Though she did get the feeling Uncle Henry would be the sort to have secret hidden places and stuff. He gave off a mysterious vibe that was kinda cool.

"Woaah!!!" Chrysie squealed, moving past him to practically skip into the foyer... if you could even call this a foyer. This was HUGE! "How is your house so BIG Uncle Henry??? Are you rich or did you make this all with magic or both or what? I mean the family home is really big but this is like a dwarven fantasy house!"

She was getting overexcited. Little stars split off from her dress and hovered around her, the fog of nebulae fading out off of the fabric. Honestly, it was a little reminiscent of her Grandmother, his Mother. She spread her arms wide, "This is so COOL! I'm so happy your magic stuff didn't break down on the lock and stuff. I mean magic tends to break down over a while. But I'm so glad it didn't because it means I got to see THIS today! Ooo ooo ooo! What sort of rooms do you have here? I bet you have all kinds. I bet you have a really cool library! Oh! Do you have an observatory? Do you have a meeting room where you talk with all the other golden crew whatever you guys call yourselves?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

26FADD75-7471-47F4-A2CC-8E2B2E95DC1B.jpeg
Narava
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Deathkitten Deathkitten

Narava Looked over the Box curiously before she brought her eyes back up to Corsair. Hearing her speak of a test Her look grew a little hesitant but none the less she nodded. "Yes ma'am. I shall complete this task immediately." Narava Said to her as she got up. Gently grabbing the box she held it with one arm while smiling to Corsair. "I won't let you down." Narava said to her with a gentle bow of her head before she turned to leave. Getting outside she held her hand out and once again her bow appeared for her use. Before she could launch an arrow though she had to figure out what to do with the box. Kneeling down she opened it to see the two arrows inside and eyed them with curiosity. Hesitantly Charlie slowly reached down and grabbed the holy arrow. It took a moment before it started to dissolve into energy before it fused into the bow. The look on Charlies face was pleasantly surprised before she grabbed the other arrow, as expected it did the exact same as the first.

With that out of the way she stood up and aimed her bow up. Pulling back once again she shot a line arrow into a building before she Leapt onto it and dashed up. Shooting from building to building to give her a continuous path towards central park. It only took a minuet or two before she arrived. Her last line arrow hitting a tree as she ran down on the magical wire, Her eyes scanning the area as she flipped off it and onto the ground. Almost as soon as she landed Charlies eye's caught sight of two people and a massive suit of armor sitting among a bunch of destroyed construction equipment. Her look grew curious at the sight as she slowly rose to her feet and approached the tree line. Curious to see where this went. For the moment it all seemed calm so there was no need to interfere with the situation and possibly make it worse. Instead she chose to lean against the tree in sight of them and watch for now, but then again she was 8 feet tall so it was hard to hide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2e9c8ef7687fd361db1543f8161aaead.jpg
Yami
Interactions: Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Yami Let out a happy squeak of enjoyment as she was pet by Ruru. Nuzzling into her chest before she turned around to sit with her back to Ruru. A big smile on her lips as she looked up to Ruru with a few babbles. Clearly wanting more attention from Ruru despite not understanding what was going on. She wanted her attention and more affection. Saying more babbles and cute gibberish at Ruru to get the attention she wanted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3675a22099fc4efdf4b772b2bc475910.jpg
Samantha
Interaction: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Samantha sniffled as she curled into a ball on the bench and held back her whimpers. When Anabelle suggested a change a view Samantha brought her saddened eyes up to her and nodded quietly. "Pwease." She asked quietly with another sniffle as she whipped her eyes before setting her feet back on the ground. Taking a moment before she stood up before nearly falling again due to her inebriation. Still though she managed to keep on her feet for now. Pulling a cigarette from her pocket she stuck it into her mouth and lit it. Filling her lungs with the smoke before blowing it out with a saddened sigh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aia18 (2).jpg
Aia
Interaction: Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aia was worried the entire time they drove. Hopping out with the child she looked around the area before back to the child protectively. watching him use one of the med kits Aia watched with awe as he was healed immediately. It was Surprising to say the least but if it seemed to work on him shouldnt the magic box work on his mother. Cautiously she headed in with the child, her hand tightly gripped with his as they headed into the hospital and to see his mom. Aia took a more subdued position when they entered the hospital room. Sticking close to her mother the whole time they where in the room to try and hide her appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back